Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SR380
Topic Author

Aeroflot to absorb Pobeda, Rossiya - report

Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:24 pm

So is it the end of the low cost Pobeda and the leisure Rossiya? Maybe we will finally see a 744 in SU colors...

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... iya-report

Ishrion

Re: Aeroflot to absorb Pobeda, Rossiya - report

Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Anyone have a free version of the report?

This one says it's being considered but not official: https://www.austrianaviation.net/detail ... d-rossiya/

Blerg

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:18 pm

But wouldn't it make more sense to merge Rossiya and Pobeda into one carrier and keep them separate from SU? I know those two serve a different market than the one Aeroflot is after.

Russia is not an easy market for airlines. Sector lengths are quite long so plane rotation isn't as great.

Chipmunk1973

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:50 am

I was in Phuket before Corona really took hold. It was amazing the amount of Russian tourists there. What was also amazing was seeing a Rossiya 747 - never seen a 747 painted like that before; quite impressive.
Cheers,
C1973

VSMUT

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:07 am

I'm more curious about what would happen to the 777-300A and order for 737MAX.

rbavfan

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 am

Wasn't one of the reasons other airlines expanded & Aeroflot shrank was because it was to big & to hard to keep up on everything..

tu204

Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:59 am

rbavfan wrote:
Wasn't one of the reasons other airlines expanded & Aeroflot shrank was because it was to big & to hard to keep up on everything..

I thought it was because they all targeted different markets.

Aeroflot being premium, Rossiya - charters+mid level, Pobeda - low cost; Aurora - far east.

Plus this way they wouldn't have FAS (Federal Anti-monopoly Service) on their ass.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

SR380
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:02 am

I have to admit I don't understanf how they are doing to merge 3 airlines with 3 different business model.

I always thought Rossiya could be the launch customer of the new Il-96-400 as a 747s replacement. I guess that this won't happen neither....

cityshuttle

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:49 am

I also agree that Pobeda as a LCC should remain separate from SU. They are better off operating at VKO as a budget airline.

In the other hand, merging FV into SU somehow makes sense, especially since many flights out of LED are now operating under SU code but using FV aircraft anyway.

From a frequent flyer perspective it would be nice to have Skyteam benefits etc at LED and earn miles when those flights were officially operated as SU flights besides the hourly shuttle to SVO.

TKflyer

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:05 am

SR380 wrote:
So is it the end of the low cost Pobeda and the leisure Rossiya? Maybe we will finally see a 744 in SU colors...

I don‘t think that we see any 744 in the SU colors. It‘s more likely, that both (Rossiya & Pobeda) stay as separate units under it‘s own Brand but Managed under Aeroflot. Or if not that some of the older Planes like 744, 773 will leave the „new“ SU Fleet. Who knows evertything is possible in this days

JeremyXWB

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:25 am

TKflyer wrote:
SR380 wrote:

I don‘t think that we see any 744 in the SU colors. It‘s more likely, that both (Rossiya & Pobeda) stay as separate units under it‘s own Brand but Managed under Aeroflot. Or if not that some of the older Planes like 744, 773 will leave the „new“ SU Fleet. Who knows evertything is possible in this days

I had the assumption that both brands are already managed under SU as separate brands

https://ir.aeroflot.com/en/company-over ... structure/

A321Lufthansa

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:12 pm

According to one of russian forums, this possiblilty was denied by one of Aeroflot employees.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII < A320 OE-LBL < A320 OE-LBU < A319 OE-LDE < A320 OE-LBZ < A320 D-AIPL < A319 D-AIBA

IndianicWorld

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:26 pm

It seems more and more that such a move would be like SU of years past. There were so many carriers in Russia at one point but that seems to have found a natural path of consolidation over time.

A321Lufthansa

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:34 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:
It seems more and more that such a move would be like SU of years past. There were so many carriers in Russia at one point but that seems to have found a natural path of consolidation over time.

As I have already mentioned here, this news is fake and was disproved in Aeroflot. Currently there is completely no need to liquidate a career that is used mostly in regions and on routes from Moscow that are not sufficient enough to be operated by Aeroflot. Moreover Rossiya uses the aircrafts that don't suit Aeroflot (A319, B744, B773) or are just too old according to its policy (A320, ex-EK B77W). The news about the liquidation of Pobeda which is a very well-operating LCC is twice absurd.
Aeroflot itself is not really eager to operate from another regions of Russia, even from St. Petersburg. For their future Krasnoyarsk hub they even took 3 B738 from Rossiya with smaller C-class and different seats instead of using their own.
Last flown aircrafts: A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII < A320 OE-LBL < A320 OE-LBU < A319 OE-LDE < A320 OE-LBZ < A320 D-AIPL < A319 D-AIBA

Blerg

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:12 am

A321Lufthansa wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

As I have already mentioned here, this news is fake and was disproved in Aeroflot. Currently there is completely no need to liquidate a career that is used mostly in regions and on routes from Moscow that are not sufficient enough to be operated by Aeroflot. Moreover Rossiya uses the aircrafts that don't suit Aeroflot (A319, B744, B773) or are just too old according to its policy (A320, ex-EK B77W). The news about the liquidation of Pobeda which is a very well-operating LCC is twice absurd.
Aeroflot itself is not really eager to operate from another regions of Russia, even from St. Petersburg. For their future Krasnoyarsk hub they even took 3 B738 from Rossiya with smaller C-class and different seats instead of using their own.

Krasnoyarsk? Wasn't it supposed to be in Krasnodar?

Blerg

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:14 am

Well, this is going to be very bad news for many tourist heavy destinations Aeroflot flies to (Cyprus, Greece, Turkey, Egypt). Aeroflot stops selling tickets for flights until August. I guess Russians won't be going on holidays beyond the Russian Black Sea resorts.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/ ... ust-a70029

SkyVoice

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:30 am

IndianicWorld wrote:

How many "Babyflots" are left? Wikipedia's "Babyflot" article states that there were around 800 at one time, but they do not know how many of them still exist or who they all are.
"Facing a crisis does not not build one's character, it reveals it."

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do."

- Robert H. Schuller

Blerg

Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 am

SkyVoice wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

How many "Babyflots" are left? Wikipedia's "Babyflot" article states that there were around 800 at one time, but they do not know how many of them still exist or who they all are.

I am not surprised there were that many and some were extremely exotic. I remember seeing so many of those random airlines flying their Tupolevs and Illyusins to various Greek and Turkish airports. I don't think there are more than 10 left today. Most have just vanished over time. I think Sibir/S7 is the only one that made it big.

A321Lufthansa

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:11 am

Blerg wrote:
A321Lufthansa wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Krasnoyarsk? Wasn't it supposed to be in Krasnodar?

No, Krasnoyarsk

SR380
Topic Author

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 am

SkyVoice wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:

Most of these disappear in the early stage of the reorganisation. Aeroflot was a public serving in the USSR, therefore, it was making huge lost to serve some region/airport that could not economically assume air service.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos