Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
EcoCharlie77
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:46 am

aviator2000 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

Tomorrow, I count 24 flights, all domestic from OSL


Interesting, so they don't operate any international flights? Do we know when they might be resuming those?


Yesterday Norwegian reopened reservations in their webpage for several Scandinavia - Spain routes (to name a few OSL, CPH, ARN, HEL, AGP, ALC, BCN) which are for sale from July. I'm not sure if the same is happening with other airports around Europe however if they did eventually operate those routes they would for sure need more than 7 aircraft.


It is quite agressive strategy to open for bookings flights to be operated in just one month. In some destinations in Spain their are planning to return to operate many Pre Covid flights but Crews are in a temporary leave and there is no communication they will go back to fly in July. Aparently they informed them that they MIGHT go back to fly in summer 2021, not in summer 2020!!! . Adding to this, we have not seen any mass media info to promote these flights. Anyone know what norwegian is behind norwegian strategy?
 
besj
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:26 am

alm1 wrote:
They just loaded back for sale about 50 routes to fly in July, some of them at pre-covid high frequencies, like daily OSL-PLQ (which was 2-3 weekly last year).

I noticed this too. These flights are usually cash cows for the airlines flying to/from Scandinavia as it is the main holiday season when the Scandinavians go to the Mediteranean area. Tickets from Stockholm to Spain are over €200 single and more when you include a checked bag. I am quite sure this will give Norwegian far more income than it will cost them...
 
Blerg
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 am

I don't know if this is true or not or if they are still playing with their schedule but it seems like Norwegian is increasing Oslo-Belgrade in September from 3 to 4 weekly flights.
 
Ryga
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:50 am

Does anyone know anything with regards to London Gatwick operations?

Red Handling who handle DY at LGW - all their staff have been made redundant.

Friends from the airport are also saying that two nights ago, all their crew were made redundant too?

I understand DY are due back into LGW in 2021 - so what’s the strategy behind this? Mainly from a crew point-of-view.
AA AM BA BM BY DP DY EK MH PG RJ TK U2 VS Y2 ZB Z2 5J 9W

738 752 762ER/3ER 77W 788/9
A319/20/21 A332/3
E190
ATR 72-600
Jetstream 32
CRJ200ER
 
yyztpa2
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:31 pm

I think this thread title misrepresents. I know many on here have been prophesying the collapse of Norwegian (with hope?) but I couldn't find a story showing it has occurred, only that these subsidiary staffing companies had been placed in bankruptcy in April:
Norwegian Pilot Services Sweden AB
Norwegian Pilot Services Denmark ApS
Norwegian Cabin Services Denmark ApS
Norwegian Air Resources Denmark LH ApS

...and that shareholders had in May approved a capital injection. Unless I have missed a significant news story, a more appropriate and less misleading title would be appropriate.
 
danipawa
Posts: 430
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Boeing 737 -8JP 39033 4927 LN-NGX Norwegian ferried 08jun20 OSL-OVB-TNA,for China Aircraft Leasing Co prior lease to Shandong Airlines (+ 41126/4972 LN-NGY

Boeing 737 -8JP 41134 5102 LN-NHB Norwegian ferried 08jun20 OSL-OVB-TNA, regs B-20EY, B-20EZ, B-20F0 res for c/n´s 39033/41126/41134

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2
 
Pontius
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:21 pm

yyztpa2 wrote:
I think this thread title misrepresents. I know many on here have been prophesying the collapse of Norwegian (with hope?) but I couldn't find a story showing it has occurred, only that these subsidiary staffing companies had been placed in bankruptcy in April:
Norwegian Pilot Services Sweden AB
Norwegian Pilot Services Denmark ApS
Norwegian Cabin Services Denmark ApS
Norwegian Air Resources Denmark LH ApS

...and that shareholders had in May approved a capital injection. Unless I have missed a significant news story, a more appropriate and less misleading title would be appropriate.


A couple weeks ago a moderator went on a tear and renamed the threads regarding multiple airlines "Bankruptcy" threads, whether or not the airline in question had actually filed for bankruptcy. This is one of them. One of the mysteries of life.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Updated :Norwegian Bankruptcy

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:14 pm

Norwegian's election committee has proposed the following new boards member to Norwegian, that to a larger degree reflects the new owners:

- Anton Joiner - Chief Risk Officer in AerCap
- Chris Browne - Former Chief Operating Officer at easyJet
- Jaan Albrect - CEO at Saudi Arabian Airlines (former CEO at Austrian and Star Alliance)
- Vibeke Hammer Madsen - Norwegian consultant

In addition is Aegus Kelly from AerCap proposed as the new chairman for the election committee (but not part of the board)
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:56 pm

I have changed the thread title into a more generic one. In case you have a better idea for a title, please do not reply to my post, but use the reporting function instead. Thanks.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Looks like Norwegian is back in LGW doing TATL? I see they are selling LGW-BOS in September.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:21 pm

I wouldn't trust any airline (especially one that came so close to bankruptcy and thus in desperate need of cash / working capital) which is selling tickets 3 months out to actually operate a flight if the route isn't currently operating.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
I wouldn't trust any airline (especially one that came so close to bankruptcy and thus in desperate need of cash / working capital) which is selling tickets 3 months out to actually operate a flight if the route isn't currently operating.


In other words, you are accusing them of attempting to defraud their potential customers?
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Defaud ? No
But you might well find that in 3 months time, the flight is cancelled for operational reasons, and customers are invited to either take a voucher for a different flight or apply for an (eventual) refund

If I needed to travel from London to Boston in the autumn, I'd be picking an airline which currently operates that route to be certain that I really did make my way across the Atlantic
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:49 pm

That's right. Lots of airlines are "faking flights", hoping you book, then cancel and give you a voucher to retain your cash.
Another airline notorious for this behavior is IcelandAir.
 
airsmiles
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:40 pm

It’s widely known in the UK that Norwegian was almost bankrupt. Regardless of their new ownership I just can’t see how they expect the UK public to trust them again. A short haul trip booked at short notice is one thing, but a more expensive ticket booked many months ahead would be very risky for the public.
 
dcajet
Posts: 4654
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Looks like Norwegian is back in LGW doing TATL? I see they are selling LGW-BOS in September.


JFK as well (3x d), and EZE in December (5x w).
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
jomur
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:28 am

Considering Norwegian said they weren't going to by flying from LGW until April 2021 at the earliest something is not quite right somewhere.
 
aviator2000
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 am

jomur wrote:
Considering Norwegian said they weren't going to by flying from LGW until April 2021 at the earliest something is not quite right somewhere.


Exactly. I really don't know what to think, where they just lying to the investors last month to get them to accept the deal? They are even selling tickets for LAX-BCN in September, without BCN being a "main" city.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 am

aviator2000 wrote:
jomur wrote:
Considering Norwegian said they weren't going to by flying from LGW until April 2021 at the earliest something is not quite right somewhere.


Exactly. I really don't know what to think, where they just lying to the investors last month to get them to accept the deal? They are even selling tickets for LAX-BCN in September, without BCN being a "main" city.


They are not lying, but somehow a lot of people seems not to be able to read more than the headlines in their presentations, and not get what they actually did write.

The "not flying from LGW until Apr. 2021", was just one of the scenarios
 
User avatar
vhtje
Posts: 1184
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:45 am

airsmiles wrote:
It’s widely known in the UK that Norwegian was almost bankrupt. Regardless of their new ownership I just can’t see how they expect the UK public to trust them again. A short haul trip booked at short notice is one thing, but a more expensive ticket booked many months ahead would be very risky for the public.


I find it utterly depressing, but time and time again the flying public have shown they care only about one thing when buying air travel: price. If DY are cheap enough, they’ll come a-running.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.
 
airsmiles
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:15 pm

vhtje wrote:
airsmiles wrote:
It’s widely known in the UK that Norwegian was almost bankrupt. Regardless of their new ownership I just can’t see how they expect the UK public to trust them again. A short haul trip booked at short notice is one thing, but a more expensive ticket booked many months ahead would be very risky for the public.


I find it utterly depressing, but time and time again the flying public have shown they care only about one thing when buying air travel: price. If DY are cheap enough, they’ll come a-running.


While agree to a certain extent, the public had Flybe and Thomas Cook failures last year and the news was full of Norwegian’s troubles (& to some extent Virgin’s). Once the public get a whiff of trouble in their head, it’s hard to shift that perception. Only time will tell, but I think Norwegian will have a tougher time second time around.
 
User avatar
FLALEFTY
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:33 pm

One way for Norwegian to re-start their LGW Trans-Atlantic routes is to try to negotiate incentives from certain US markets. For instance, at MCO they are aching to have international services resume, especially the flights from LGW. DY could go to the Orlando Airport Authority and promise to resume LGW-MCO services in exchange for them waiving landing, ground handling and fuel fees at MCO for a period of say, 90 days. Provided the mandatory traveller quarantines are ended, this could be a "win-win" for DY, LGW, MCO and the Orlando tourist economy.
 
Kikko19
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 am

airsmiles wrote:
vhtje wrote:
airsmiles wrote:
It’s widely known in the UK that Norwegian was almost bankrupt. Regardless of their new ownership I just can’t see how they expect the UK public to trust them again. A short haul trip booked at short notice is one thing, but a more expensive ticket booked many months ahead would be very risky for the public.


I find it utterly depressing, but time and time again the flying public have shown they care only about one thing when buying air travel: price. If DY are cheap enough, they’ll come a-running.


While agree to a certain extent, the public had Flybe and Thomas Cook failures last year and the news was full of Norwegian’s troubles (& to some extent Virgin’s). Once the public get a whiff of trouble in their head, it’s hard to shift that perception. Only time will tell, but I think Norwegian will have a tougher time second time around.


They'll burn even more cash flying empty (others are doing it too but have more cash to burn, even government cash). Cannot see it as a good idea. IMHO would be better to start to steal the already established market, it's wild out there for a couple of years minimum.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4702
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:36 am

It's rough waters for everyone. Norweigan always seems to find people willing to loan them money though .

I almost see an opportunity for their model to work even better here with legacies so weak if someone still has faith in them. The market for ULCCs across the Atlantic isn't going down. I could see even more people wanting some space but less amenities so a larger premium economy cabin maybe they can adapt to what passengers want post Covid? More space and less amenities ? Just a thought

The ULCC across the Atlantic isn't going away someone will suck up that business even if norwegan doesn't make it.
 
Kikko19
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:41 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
It's rough waters for everyone. Norweigan always seems to find people willing to loan them money though .

I almost see an opportunity for their model to work even better here with legacies so weak if someone still has faith in them. The market for ULCCs across the Atlantic isn't going down. I could see even more people wanting some space but less amenities so a larger premium economy cabin maybe they can adapt to what passengers want post Covid? More space and less amenities ? Just a thought

The ULCC across the Atlantic isn't going away someone will suck up that business even if norwegan doesn't make it.

Sure but they'll have to fight with Jetblue, Wizz (all the xlr ordered?) and all legacy funded by govts. Not so much space for a company with economic troubles. I wouldn't bet a penny on them.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 4239
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
The ULCC across the Atlantic isn't going away someone will suck up that business even if norwegan doesn't make it.


In fact, someone already does (although on a very limited scale). FrenchBee is a long haul LCC with dirt cheap flights from Paris Orly to New York (Newark) and San Francisco. Somehow I got a feeling that if Norwegian doesn't make it, FrenchBee will take it's place.

It doesn't really matter that they only fly from Paris, people from all over Europe will find a dirt cheap flight there to catch these FrenchBee flights. Orly is the home base of Transavia France and a number of other LCCs also fly to Orly.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:25 am

Seems as if Norwegian might be going back to investors, cap in hand, to beg for some more money

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... KKBN23G1S7
 
tphuang
Posts: 5067
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:31 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Seems as if Norwegian might be going back to investors, cap in hand, to beg for some more money

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... KKBN23G1S7


If the debtors are willing to just accommodate all of their requests, might as well keep asking for more.
 
aviator2000
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:33 pm

So does anyone know what other transatlantic routes does Norwegian have on sale on/after September? It would be interesting to know if they have anything in common and if they stand a chance.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Tickets are bookable on the Norwegian website from London Gatwick to the following transatlantic destinations
Flights beginning 01 Sep - Austin, Boston, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York (JFK), Orlando, San Francisco, Tampa
Flights beginning late October - Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro
Not bookable - Chicago, Seattle

As mentioned before, I am not convinced all these routes will be open by the dates mentioned above
 
LJ
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:35 pm

tphuang wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Seems as if Norwegian might be going back to investors, cap in hand, to beg for some more money

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... KKBN23G1S7


If the debtors are willing to just accommodate all of their requests, might as well keep asking for more.


The debtors (current shareholders) haven't put money into the airline, they've converted their debt into equity. The leasing companies will probably not inject additional cash as it's not their business model. The same applies to the bondholders which have their debt converted into shares. As such they're probably not enhusiastic as this will dillute their share and thus the value of their debt.
 
User avatar
nordikcam
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:21 pm

LJ wrote:
tphuang wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Seems as if Norwegian might be going back to investors, cap in hand, to beg for some more money

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... KKBN23G1S7


If the debtors are willing to just accommodate all of their requests, might as well keep asking for more.


The debtors (current shareholders) haven't put money into the airline, they've converted their debt into equity. The leasing companies will probably not inject additional cash as it's not their business model. The same applies to the bondholders which have their debt converted into shares. As such they're probably not enhusiastic as this will dillute their share and thus the value of their debt.


I would not put a penny in the purchase of a Norwegian plane ticket in the near future ... I have no desire, flying AF, but it is certainly very risky.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Not very surprising, but Norwegian seem to have removed from sale almost all their short haul routes between London Gatwick and the Mediterranean
 
User avatar
bluefltspecial
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:11 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Tickets are bookable on the Norwegian website from London Gatwick to the following transatlantic destinations
Flights beginning 01 Sep - Austin, Boston, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York (JFK), Orlando, San Francisco, Tampa
Flights beginning late October - Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro
Not bookable - Chicago, Seattle

As mentioned before, I am not convinced all these routes will be open by the dates mentioned above


I took a quick look at JFK, since it has historically had the most diverse list of destinations from the US. The schedule loaded is different than pre-covid, and might be an actual plan to fly in Sept/Oct. The majority of flights were daily from JFK, this has now changed. Routes like BCN and FCO have their lowest fares maxed out indicating they are likely a placeholder for slots or aircraft rotations, and may not actually operate.

JFK-AMS 4x weekly
JFK-ATH noop
JFK-BCN 3x weekly (full fare)
JFK-CDG 6x weekly
JFK-FCO 5x weekly (full fare)
JFK-LGW 18x weekly
JFK-OSL 4x weekly

My guess is that with the leaseholders now also being partial company owners they're making it a requirement that the airline make money with the aircraft rather than letting them sit. Just a guess though. They're certainly being much more conservative which is good to see.

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Not very surprising, but Norwegian seem to have removed from sale almost all their short-haul routes between London Gatwick and the Mediterranean


I took a quick look and in September only Scandi cities were loaded, then in October Spain is loaded. No other different cities after that. The schedule goes until the end of March. I'm curious if this will change as the market returns throughout Europe.
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....
 
a350lover
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Anyone knows what are the figures of crews in Norway? They are operating a fleet of 8 planes at the moment, which I guess could mean around 250 cabin crews active there. They are selling most of the routes Scandi-Spain as soon as July 2020 but even if they hoped to operate these flights only with local crews from Norway I don't think they could possibly handle all that under just 8 planes and 250 crews.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:16 pm

a350lover wrote:
Anyone knows what are the figures of crews in Norway? They are operating a fleet of 8 planes at the moment, which I guess could mean around 250 cabin crews active there. They are selling most of the routes Scandi-Spain as soon as July 2020 but even if they hoped to operate these flights only with local crews from Norway I don't think they could possibly handle all that under just 8 planes and 250 crews.


The crews here in Norway are mostly on furlough and can quickly be recalled. The same applies to the aircraft, that just need a check before they can go back into service. So it is easy for them to quickly expand their Norwegian operations. It is harder in other countries, where staff has been sacked
 
a350lover
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:21 pm

And when do you see them expading towards international operations? Even if that means just the typical pairs of OSL-ARN/OSL-CPH? Is there any forecast for that? What happened to the quarantine imposed by the Norwegian authorities for international travelers arriving in Norway?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:26 pm

a350lover wrote:
What happened to the quarantine imposed by the Norwegian authorities for international travelers arriving in Norway?


That is still in place, except for travelleres from the Nordics, excluding leisure travelleres from Sweden. Which off course, significantly reduces the international traffic to/from Norway
 
a350lover
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Someone83 wrote:
a350lover wrote:
What happened to the quarantine imposed by the Norwegian authorities for international travelers arriving in Norway?


That is still in place, except for travelleres from the Nordics, excluding leisure travelleres from Sweden. Which off course, significantly reduces the international traffic to/from Norway


Any chance they drop that measure for the benefit of the summer season?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:03 am

a350lover wrote:
Any chance they drop that measure for the benefit of the summer season?


Yes, but it all depends on the Covid19 situation. Denmark, Finland and Iceland was just opened, as the first countries. And we probably see a gradually opening over the Summer, but don't expect this to happen until well into July. The Norwegian School Summer Holiday, which is the main holiday period runs from June 22 to August 16
 
a350lover
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Norwegian has announced earlier today they plan to realease thieir summer schedule for S20 on Wednesday with “direct routes from Norway, Sweden and Denmark”, which I assume will head South to Greece/Spain and some other typical holiday spots for Scandinavians.

Let’s stay tuned
 
minilinde
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 am

a350lover wrote:
Norwegian has announced earlier today they plan to realease thieir summer schedule for S20 on Wednesday with “direct routes from Norway, Sweden and Denmark”, which I assume will head South to Greece/Spain and some other typical holiday spots for Scandinavians.

Let’s stay tuned


Probably also some intra-Scandinavian routes and I expect OSL/ARN/CPH-LGW also. They have confirmed CPH-AAL as well
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A359, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, C550, CRJ2, CRJ9, F50, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:55 am

Norwegian in increasing their active fleet from 8 to 20 aircraft from July 1.

Several routes has been announced restarted, mainly international routes from OSL, but also some from ARN and CPH, as well as both Danish and Swedish domestic
 
Blerg
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:52 am

Someone83 wrote:
Norwegian in increasing their active fleet from 8 to 20 aircraft from July 1.

Several routes has been announced restarted, mainly international routes from OSL, but also some from ARN and CPH, as well as both Danish and Swedish domestic


Interesting, do you know which planes they are activating? Are they all B738s?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:43 am

Blerg wrote:
Interesting, do you know which planes they are activating? Are they all B738s?


Yes, only 737-800s.

Norwegian has today said they do not know when they will restart longhaul
 
Blerg
Posts: 3976
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:59 am

Someone83 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Interesting, do you know which planes they are activating? Are they all B738s?


Yes, only 737-800s.

Norwegian has today said they do not know when they will restart longhaul


So the timetable they have right now (short-haul) is their final one? Or will be it published today during the day?They said by Wednesday which is today.
 
a350lover
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:13 am

So I assume some of these flights are going to be "based" in CPH/ARN or do you see overnights there with OSL crews?
I see here in Spain it's all to OSL/ARN/CPH with the exception of ALC-BGO. Any other base (in Norway or Sweden/Denmark) to be reopened other than OSL which never closed? How big was OSL (in planes) before COVID19?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Norwegian in converting more debt to equity.

- 417 million NOK in vendor debt
- $4,4 million from a convertible bond
- $16,6 million additional convertion of leasing debt

This equal to about $65 millions
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:23 pm

Seems that they will be focusing on Hub and Spoke for their long-haul ops, serving unserved European LH traffic and enabling connections with partners at other long haul destinations that they serve:

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ul-hub-ops

Wonder what that means will happen to their BCN ops. Could they make their three main hubs OSL, LGW and BCN or solely OSL and LGW which it looks like as of now?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.
 
GLANKG
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 am

Re: Norwegian News and Discussion Thread

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:42 pm

Hub and Spoke long haul makes sense, they certainly learnt it the hard way. BCN could be a decent gateway if they are to continue south American venture, if only they had some feeder there. At post Covid LGW they could probably do a lot more with newly available and better slots, the market is there, VS won't be. And OSL is always the home fortress, long term goal should aim some sort of low cost version of AY at HEL, location is there, at least for northern Europe.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos