Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ScottB

Re: OAG Changes 4/26/2020: Saturday Night Massacre

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
FYI AC have cancelled all transborder flying until late May. I suspect it will be extended beyond that though.

AC has been running a 77W between YYZ and BOS in the evening (I saw it on approach Friday). Not sure if that's for cargo or what.

SierraPacific wrote:
Intel already have a service much like you are describing with multiple ERJ's shuttle employees around different campuses on the west coast every day. I can't imagine it is profitable with salaries/maintenance but it obviously works well enough to stick around.

The cost/benefit of the INTC shuttle flights isn't just about the direct operating cost of those flights. Intel can run a shuttle bus directly between their campus and the INTC shuttle terminal at the nearby airport, timed to arrive just before boarding and depart just after arrival. They save time dealing with the TSA and navigating the airport. Also, Intel's offices/fabs in Oregon are on the opposite end of the Portland metro from PDX, and U.S. 26 can be an awful mess at rush hour -- going from HIO saves at least an hour each way. Similarly, Intel's campus in Folsom is maybe a 15-minute ride from MHR as opposed to nearly an hour from SMF.

When the company is paying its employees upwards of $100/hour, including benefits, saving a couple of hours of travel time on a day trip to another campus adds up for a shuttle carrying 30 or 40 employees.

Dominion301

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:12 pm

ScottB wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
FYI AC have cancelled all transborder flying until late May. I suspect it will be extended beyond that though.

AC has been running a 77W between YYZ and BOS in the evening (I saw it on approach Friday). Not sure if that's for cargo or what.

SierraPacific wrote:
Intel already have a service much like you are describing with multiple ERJ's shuttle employees around different campuses on the west coast every day. I can't imagine it is profitable with salaries/maintenance but it obviously works well enough to stick around.

The cost/benefit of the INTC shuttle flights isn't just about the direct operating cost of those flights. Intel can run a shuttle bus directly between their campus and the INTC shuttle terminal at the nearby airport, timed to arrive just before boarding and depart just after arrival. They save time dealing with the TSA and navigating the airport. Also, Intel's offices/fabs in Oregon are on the opposite end of the Portland metro from PDX, and U.S. 26 can be an awful mess at rush hour -- going from HIO saves at least an hour each way. Similarly, Intel's campus in Folsom is maybe a 15-minute ride from MHR as opposed to nearly an hour from SMF.

When the company is paying its employees upwards of $100/hour, including benefits, saving a couple of hours of travel time on a day trip to another campus adds up for a shuttle carrying 30 or 40 employees.

That is correct. AC are still operating transborder cargo-only flights.

HVN2HEL2LAX

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:25 pm

SierraPacific wrote:
HVN2HEL2LAX wrote:
flyoregon wrote:

What would they be flying if no PAX?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/HGT ... /KSJC/KIWA

I don't think we're supposed to know.

ChaseCLT

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:50 pm

I know everywhere is sucking big time right now and I'm sure other cities/airports had awesome things going on but I'm just so frustrated that all the progress IAD was making has been tarnished by Covid. The Silver Line is opening sometime soon, investments from United and expansion, lots of new international service and airlines.

Hopefully IAD swings back into full gear relatively quickly given the market dynamics of the region. (Not trying to go off-topic about IAD, I'm more or less just rhetorically venting)

NWAESC

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:04 pm

ScottB wrote:
Also, Intel's offices/fabs in Oregon are on the opposite end of the Portland metro from PDX, and U.S. 26 can be an awful mess at rush hour...

I just reflexively shuddered...and I haven't lived in Beaverton for years.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

Miamiairport

Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Agreed airlines need to get to a schedule and stick with it. Business flyers can’t deal with endless ad hoc cancellations. When business travelers begin to come back in June they’re going to see a strange new world as it is.

Chugach

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:39 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
Aliqiout wrote:
I guess we know DL is committed to SEA now.

Some strange adds, AS ANC-SCC and DL SEA-KTN are both showing minor year over year increases.

DL to KTN makes no sense to me...AS were supposedly handing DL their lunch every summer into KTN, SIT and JNU. This summer of 2020 is going to be horrible in SE AK as tourism has hit rock bottom...why go back for more punishement? AS add to SCC is due to oil company charter service ending and the need for a new carrier to step in...or in AS's case to increase frequency.

DL has steadily improved load factors in to SE AK over the years. Whether or not they’re making money is another question, but the reality of it is that SE Alaska is a great place to let SEA-based Medallions burn their SkyPesos in summer.

Here are the 2019 origin load factors for AS and DL over the periods that DL served each market:

Sitka:
DL 73%
AS 71%

Ketchikan:
DL: 75%
AS: 66%

Juneau:
DL: 83%
AS: 78%

I just looked at June/July/August for a comparison as those are they only three months you can compare an entire month of service (May and September are partial for DL).

I know AS and DL are apples and oranges (AS has multiple daily flights into each city plus milk runs and is using all 737’s in SIT and KTN compared to E175’s on DL and a DL 738 to JNU), but DL seems to be doing just fine skimming some cream off the top in SE Alaska.

And yes, the SE Alaska tourist economy is about to get hammered this summer.

knope2001

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:01 am

DLASFlyer wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Just doing a count of number of flights (and I could be off here) for a day in May for DL:
SEA - 45
LAX - 31
BOS - 7
RDU - 6
CVG - 7

Could you do the same for the 5 fortress hubs on the same day?

Here's what I come up with for weekdays in May for a DTW/MSP/SLC (domestic only)
Now with ATL added

ATL
203 flights (146 mainline / 57 regional)
118 cities

DTW
111 flights (40 mainline / 71 regional)
74 cities

MSP
93 flights (37 mainline / 56 regional)
66 cities

SLC
91 flights (42 mainline /49 regional)
57 cities

These 77 Delta domestic markets appear to be down to one daily flight on May weekdays.

ABY
AEX
ASE
AVL
AVP
AZO
BGM
BMI
BQK
BTR
BTV
BZN
CAK
CHO
CID
CPR
CRW
CSG
CWA
DAB
DAL
DHN
DLH
DSM
EKO
ELP
ERI
EWN
EYW
FAI
FCA
FNT
FSM
FWA
GFK
GJT
GRB
GTF
GTR
HHH
HLN
ICT
ISN
ITH
JAC
JAN
LAN
LFT
lih
LNK
LSE
LWS
MBS
MDT
MDW
MGM
MLB
MLI
MLU
MOB
MQT
MSN
MYR
OAK
ogg
PHF
PIA
PIH
PWM
ROA
RST
SBN
SCE
SUN
TWF
VLD
XNA

EssentialBusDC

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 am

enilria wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Thanks as always!

enilria wrote:
MF LAX-XMN MAY 0.3>1.2[0.5]

TP BOS-LIS JUL 1.0>1.7[1.0]
TP EWR-LIS JUL 2>3[1.0]
TP LIS-MIA JUL 1.5>3[1.0]

Seriously? Pretty drastic increases compared to last year. Are cargo-only flights registered in the OAG?

Thanks
They are not supposed to be.
mxaxai wrote:
Wow.
Is your database able to show the flights that are flown? In particular TATL would be interesting, I would guess that the list of cancelled routes next month is longer than the list of flown routes.

On May1 ,the following transatlantic flights are still scheduled:

AA DFW-LHR
AA MIA-LHR
AZ JFK-FCO
BA BOS-LHR
BA IAD-LHR
BA JFK-LHR
BA LAX-LHR
BA ORD-LHR
DE PDX-FRA
DL ATL-AMS
DL ATL-CDG
DL DTW-AMS
EI BOS-DUB
EI JFK-DUB
EI ORD-DUB
FI BOS-KEF
FI DEN-KEF
FI EWR-KEF
FI IAD-KEF
FI JFK-KEF
FI MCO-KEF
FI MSP-KEF
FI ORD-KEF
FI SEA-KEF
KL ATL-AMS
KL JFK-AMS
KL ORD-AMS
LH EWR-FRA
LO EWR-WAW
LO JFK-BUD
LO JFK-WAW
LO LAX-WAW
LO MIA-WAW
LO ORD-WAW
LX EWR-ZRH
TN LAX-CDG
TOM SFB-MAN
UA EWR-FRA
UA EWR-LHR
VS JFK-LHR
VS LAX-LHR

Delta has no Europe service from anywhere except DTW/ATL. UA has no IAD service. FI isn't really operating are they? You can't get to Europe from the almost the whole East Coast on AA.

On May 1st true....but UA is flying IAD-FRA on other days in May...

SyracuseAvGeek

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:39 am

An article about the United airlines tag routes...
https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/04/27/uni ... g-flights/
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos