Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zkncj

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - May 2020

Thu May 07, 2020 6:59 pm

bevan7 wrote:
I see in this article https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/121 ... n-atlantic there is a picture with the caption "Virgin Atlantic 747 -400 Jumbo Jets at Auckland Airport in 2011". Is this true? If so does anybody know what they were doing there? I'm guessing rugby world cup but I'm not sure.

They were re-fitting second hand 744s for VS at ANZES, think the date might of been more like 2001 though?

Previous to that there was an bunch of VS 742s in AKL at the jet base, VS brought NZs 742s and had them fitted out in AKL.

ZK-NBT

Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 pm

zkncj wrote:
bevan7 wrote:
I see in this article https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/121 ... n-atlantic there is a picture with the caption "Virgin Atlantic 747 -400 Jumbo Jets at Auckland Airport in 2011". Is this true? If so does anybody know what they were doing there? I'm guessing rugby world cup but I'm not sure.

They were re-fitting second hand 744s for VS at ANZES, think the date might of been more like 2001 though?

Previous to that there was an bunch of VS 742s in AKL at the jet base, VS brought NZs 742s and had them fitted out in AKL.

That’s correct, I certainly don’t remember any in 2011 so I think an incorrect date. There were 3 lined up at the jet base at one time.

VirginFlyer

Thu May 07, 2020 8:27 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:
bevan7 wrote:

That’s correct, I certainly don’t remember any in 2011 so I think an incorrect date. There were 3 lined up at the jet base at one time.

Indeed it was definitely 2001. There were 5 747-443s not taken up by Alitalia which were leased from GECAS to Virgin Atlantic. Registrations were G-VGAL, -VLIP, -VROM, -VROS and -VROY.

Here are a few threads from back in the day referring to it:

Quite a blast from the past there - a few of us who are regular posters in this thread feature in those posts! Doing this search over the last half hour or so has really shown the value of the master thread as opposed to a dozen different threads on the same topic!

Just the one photo in the database here, and sadly it only has sky in the background so doesn’t have any AKL landmarks in it.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

ZK-NBT

Thu May 07, 2020 10:40 pm

VirginFlyer wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Indeed it was definitely 2001. There were 5 747-443s not taken up by Alitalia which were leased from GECAS to Virgin Atlantic. Registrations were G-VGAL, -VLIP, -VROM, -VROS and -VROY.

Here are a few threads from back in the day referring to it:

Quite a blast from the past there - a few of us who are regular posters in this thread feature in those posts! Doing this search over the last half hour or so has really shown the value of the master thread as opposed to a dozen different threads on the same topic!

Just the one photo in the database here, and sadly it only has sky in the background so doesn’t have any AKL landmarks in it.

V/F

Nice work. I was working at NZ briefly back then and remember seeing one on gate 6? Early morning arrival, I have some prints somewhere of 3 tails in one shot.

I remember meeting you a couple of times, once or twice in AKL for the last QF 74L through AKL early 2002 and at MEL after one of the air shows 2003 I think.

zkncj

Fri May 08, 2020 3:34 am

What are the chances of JQ returning at Level 2 onto the domestic market? or will they use it as way exit the market?

Qantas Group currently have allot of staff sitting around in New Zealand not doing much, looks like they have kept most still employed by looking at their wage subsidy applications.

zkncj

Fri May 08, 2020 5:45 am

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2020/05/coronavirus-air-new-zealand-announces-its-new-domestic-flight-schedule-for-alert-level-2.html

NZ has just announced its Level 2 route network, with just 20% of normal capacity will be operating on the following:

The Air New Zealand routes operating at alert level 2
Auckland to/from: Christchurch, Gisborne, Kerikeri, Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, Palmerston North, Tauranga, Wellington, Whangarei and Queenstown.
Christchurch to/from: Dunedin, Invercargill, Nelson, Palmerston North, Wellington and Queenstown.
Wellington to/from: Blenheim, Gisborne, Hamilton, Napier, Nelson, New Plymouth, Rotorua and Tauranga.

Interesting to note flights seem to be getting loaded from Monday 18 May 2020.... so I'm gussing they are expecting Level 3 to be extended until then.

Whoopeecock

Fri May 08, 2020 9:09 am

Why the 773 to EZE tonight? NZ6196. Haven’t heard of anymore repatriation flights.

eta unknown

Fri May 08, 2020 12:26 pm

Whoopeecock wrote:
Why the 773 to EZE tonight? NZ6196. Haven’t heard of anymore repatriation flights.

Taking back all their containers and other company equipment that was based in BUE as station has closed?

Qantas16

Fri May 08, 2020 12:33 pm

eta unknown wrote:
Whoopeecock wrote:

Taking back all their containers and other company equipment that was based in BUE as station has closed?

Surely they could have organised for the containers to be sent on the AR flights running to AKL at the moment (that would be near-empty EZE-AKL-PVG, I would imagine). Anything else could have been packed up into a container and shipped, a lot cheaper than running a 77W all the way to EZE and back... even the containers could be organised (with a delay) to be sent back via other NA ports if AR or LATAM wouldn't take them.

eta unknown

Fri May 08, 2020 12:48 pm

Qantas16 wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
Whoopeecock wrote:

Surely they could have organised for the containers to be sent on the AR flights running to AKL at the moment (that would be near-empty EZE-AKL-PVG, I would imagine). Anything else could have been packed up into a container and shipped, a lot cheaper than running a 77W all the way to EZE and back... even the containers could be organised (with a delay) to be sent back via other NA ports if AR or LATAM wouldn't take them.

Whoa- alotta assumptions there! Surely- well, who knows- the route ended abruptly. Also, if you've ever had any communication with AR's cargo dept., just getting a response to anything can be a miracle. Also- as for asking another carrier to transport the containers to another NZ port- who is going to do that with airplanes flying around full of cargo, usually both ways?

zkncj

Fri May 08, 2020 6:58 pm

[*]
Whoopeecock wrote:

Likely to be an cargo run, the 77Ws have been doing an few of these lately.

zkncj

Fri May 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Just saw an AC 789 fly past the Auckland City skyline, Flightradar24 has it as AC7218 SYD-AKL.

Take it they are doing an freight run?

ZK-NBT

Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 pm

zkncj wrote:
Just saw an AC 789 fly past the Auckland City skyline, Flightradar24 has it as AC7218 SYD-AKL.

Freight, there have been a few and are ongoing I believe.

zkncj

Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Wonder if they are who is operating the FEDEX service between AKL-SYD?

I got email form FEDEX this week introducing there new 5 days an week service between Auckland and Sydney.

NZ3

Fri May 08, 2020 11:42 pm

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Wonder if they are who is operating the FEDEX service between AKL-SYD?

I got email form FEDEX this week introducing there new 5 days an week service between Auckland and Sydney.

Airwork has the FEDEX contract using ZK-TLM as AWK1 & AWK2

NZ516

Sat May 09, 2020 12:29 am

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2 ... vel-2.html

Another interesting comment is this:
Services to Taupo, Hokitika and Timaru will return as demand allows, Foran says.

So that is good news that they also will be coming back and no domestic airport will be out of a service i.e all 20 will be served again eventually.

Also this explains it well why the flights won't be as low as before:
"One-metre social distancing means we can only sell just under 50 percent of seats on a turboprop aircraft and just 65 percent on an A320," he said."On that basis, to ensure we cover our operating costs, we won't be able to offer our lowest lead in fares until social-distancing measures are removed." .

I guess that they won't be able to sell 100% of the seats until we out of level one so could be some time away.

zkncj

Sat May 09, 2020 12:45 am

NZ516 wrote:
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2020/05/coronavirus-air-new-zealand-announces-its-new-domestic-flight-schedule-for-alert-level-2.html

Another interesting comment is this:
Services to Taupo, Hokitika and Timaru will return as demand allows, Foran says.

So that is good news that they also will be coming back and no domestic airport will be out of a service i.e all 20 will be served again eventually.

Also this explains it well why the flights won't be as low as before:
"One-metre social distancing means we can only sell just under 50 percent of seats on a turboprop aircraft and just 65 percent on an A320," he said."On that basis, to ensure we cover our operating costs, we won't be able to offer our lowest lead in fares until social-distancing measures are removed." .

I guess that they won't be able to sell 100% of the seats until we out of level one so could be some time away.

You’d expect with a320s at 65% capacity, what is currently loaded for next weekend (if we goto level 2). Will sell out extremely fast, I do wonder how fast they can add additional services as required.

Surely there is vast amount of people that would still being willing to get out of Auckland for an 3-4 day weekend.

Allot of companies are wanting people to use up AL at the moment, so you’d think there will be some demand.

AMSAKL

Sat May 09, 2020 2:12 am

I'm quite impressed by how many 787's NZ has been utilizing lately. Counted 9 in the air at one time a couple of days ago. Also 77W's seem to be getting a good run too. Does anyone know if all the 787's and 77W's are being cycled through currently?

zkncj

Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 am

AMSAKL wrote:
I'm quite impressed by how many 787's NZ has been utilizing lately. Counted 9 in the air at one time a couple of days ago. Also 77W's seem to be getting a good run too. Does anyone know if all the 787's and 77W's are being cycled through currently?

I understand that there a couple of 789s current out of service due to RR Engines issues, all of the 77Ws seem to be getting some use at the moment (allot of cargo flights).

Also some 789 services between AKL-CHC.

AMSAKL

Sat May 09, 2020 2:28 am

zkncj wrote:
AMSAKL wrote:

I understand that there a couple of 789s current out of service due to RR Engines issues, all of the 77Ws seem to be getting some use at the moment (allot of cargo flights).

Also some 789 services between AKL-CHC.

Good to see, i'm hoping that the 77W's stick around after all is said and done and there seems to be a need for the extra freight capacity otherwise I assume they would just be sending the 787's out and about.

ZK-NBT

Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 am

http://www.departedflights.com/AKL96intro.html

Found this randomly effective 1st October 1996. I’m always interested in old schedules, I even remember some of them. Lots of low frequency odd times flights with different stops on different days. All Boeing’s nearly, mainly 747s and 767s with a few DC-10 MD11.

zkncj

Sat May 09, 2020 5:03 am

ZK-NBT wrote:

Found this randomly effective 1st October 1996. I’m always interested in old schedules, I even remember some of them. Lots of low frequency odd times flights with different stops on different days. All Boeing’s nearly, mainly 747s and 767s with a few DC-10 MD11.

Interesting to see NZ/AN both had prop services between AKL//CHC, don't how well an ATR would go do with the normal crowd this days if pulled up at you gate for your AKL-CHC service...

Toenga

Sat May 09, 2020 5:12 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Interesting to see NZ/AN both had prop services between AKL//CHC, don't how well an ATR would go do with the normal crowd this days if pulled up at you gate for your AKL-CHC service...

Neither NZ or AN flew props direct from AKL to CHC but may have retained the same flight number for a two leg indirect flight, most likely via TRG PMR, or NPE

ZK-NBT

Sat May 09, 2020 5:18 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

All the prop services CHC-AKL had a stop somewhere along the way.

I remember things like the AR/AN partnership which last less than a year from memory, AR EZE-RGL-AKL 742 with AN doing AKL-SYD 743.

KE via NAN and also AKL-CHC.

NZ had a 747 to TPE then which someone mentioned before, 1 stop via BNE as part of the BNE hub.

NTLDaz

Sat May 09, 2020 7:03 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I think you're right - people would freak out. People are soft. I once flew from Sydney to Alice Springs on an East West Fokker Friendship. About 6 hours non stop.

zkncj

Sat May 09, 2020 7:14 am

NTLDaz wrote:
zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I think you're right - people would freak out. People are soft. I once flew from Sydney to Alice Springs on an East West Fokker Friendship. About 6 hours non stop.

Additional fuel tanks on their Fokker Friendships?

Then again people used to fly Auckland to Sydney on an flying boat, and some how be willing to get on the return trip.

NZ516

Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 am

ZK-NBT wrote:

Seems to be missing London from the Air NZ section which was always served. Only LAX is served in the US mainland back then. I noticed that Solomon airlines flew to Port Vila and not to Honiara interesting to note. Plus other airlines long since gone Wairarapa airlines to Masterton and Associated Air serving Paraparaumu.

ZK-NBT

Sat May 09, 2020 7:24 am

NZ516 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Seems to be missing London from the Air NZ section which was always served. Only LAX is served in the US mainland back then. I noticed that Solomon airlines flew to Port Vila and not to Honiara interesting to note. Plus other airlines long since gone Wairarapa airlines to Masterton and Associated Air serving Paraparaumu.

It seems to have destinations on that list served non stop, NZ flew to FRA via LAX aswell NZ18/19. NGO was served aswell but via NAN so doesn’t appear.

zkojq

Sat May 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Anyone know if/when Air New Zealand's first leased aircraft is likely to be returned? What kind of time-frame would we be talking about?

[quote="Kaiarahi"][/quote]

Welcome back, Kaiarahi, I've missed your contributions here.
First to fly the 787-9

VirginFlyer

Sat May 09, 2020 12:49 pm

NZ516 wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I noticed that Solomon airlines flew to Port Vila and not to Honiara interesting to note.

When I went to Vanuatu from Auckland in 1991, the flight up was on a Solomon Airlines 737 (I assume it was a -200) and the return was an Air Vanuatu 727 (operated by Australian Airlines). I believe there was a joint service agreement between Solomons and Air Vanuatu, though I stand to be corrected on that given I was quite young at the time! Started a life-long love for the 727 though...

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

NZ516

Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 pm

AMSAKL wrote:

Hi AMSAKL, indeed its good to see the fleet busy again. Out of the 787 fleet 11 are in use nearly every day with 3 u/s NZD, NZE, NZI. The 77W fleet all 7 are active lately as well. Even one 77E had some action with OKE doing a AKL-CHC-AKL and AKL-SYD-AKL recently so that only leaves the remaining 7 77Es not in use and stored. Interesting to see some 787s are going as far out to Chicago for cargo which is surprising.

zkncj

Sat May 09, 2020 5:42 pm

zkojq wrote:
Anyone know if/when Air New Zealand's first leased aircraft is likely to be returned? What kind of time-frame would we be talking about?

Kaiarahi wrote:

Welcome back, Kaiarahi, I've missed your contributions here.

Didn’t the 4x leases 77E’s have the option of being return around 2020-2021?

The maiming a320CEO (3x) from International will be gone pretty quick too, they had short-term leases to till the jap until the domestic 321NEO’s arrive.

Unclekoru

Sat May 09, 2020 11:45 pm

Toenga wrote:
zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Neither NZ or AN flew props direct from AKL to CHC but may have retained the same flight number for a two leg indirect flight, most likely via TRG PMR, or NPE

Yes, most AKL-CHC multi stops went through PMR from what I recall. ZQ had a DH8 leave CHC at an ungodly hour (~4:45am) for PMR and then AKL, presumably freight or courier traffic was a significant part of the traffic makeup. I'm not sure how many people actually booked on these one-stop flights between the main centres though, I'd assume it was pretty low numbers. The one exception I can think of was the 06:30 WLG-PMR-AKL flight which gave people an alternative to the heavily booked 07:00 WLG-AKL flight. It wasn't unusual to have a handful (or more) of people travelling to AKL via PMR.

These multi sector flights where very common up until the 2000's. especially through Wellington. AKL-WLG-CHC, AKL-WLG-DUD-IVC (the AKL-WLG-DUD part lasted until recently), NSN-WLG-NPE, CHC-WLG-PMR (by ATR) amoungst others where all very common. Various business changes (mostly well though out too) have made the modern travel experience very smooth but also very homogenous. Progress I guess. As another poster pointed out, it was even more interesting in the F27 days. The old NM schedules also had some interesting routings, although AKL-ROT-MON-ZQN must have taken most of the day in an HS748. The one flight I have always regretted not making the effort to catch was the DUD-ALR-ZQN flight that Mount Cook used to operate with the BN2A. It would have been a great experience.
It sounds like english, but I can't understand a word you're saying

NZ516

Sun May 10, 2020 5:41 am

Once Mount Cook flew the HS748 AKL-ROT-CHC-MON-ZQN-TEU that would have been a real all day milk run service. I wished I could have tried it out but was just a kid and could only dream about by looking at their timetable back in the 1980s.

GW54

Sun May 10, 2020 8:50 am

zkncj wrote:
What are the chances of JQ returning at Level 2 onto the domestic market? or will they use it as way exit the market?

Qantas Group currently have allot of staff sitting around in New Zealand not doing much, looks like they have kept most still employed by looking at their wage subsidy applications.

Suspect they will be back but not until the Tasman is open. JQ relied on Tasman flights to rotate aircraft in and out. Until they can do that they wont want to incure costs of positioning back and forth. With no maintenance facilities in NZ it creates problems for them. You may actually see more Trans Tasman flying than ever with what appears to be the demise of Jet Connect and I don't see Virgin on the Tasman for sometime if at all.

ZK-NBT

Sun May 10, 2020 9:15 am

GW54 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Suspect they will be back but not until the Tasman is open. JQ relied on Tasman flights to rotate aircraft in and out. Until they can do that they wont want to incure costs of positioning back and forth. With no maintenance facilities in NZ it creates problems for them. You may actually see more Trans Tasman flying than ever with what appears to be the demise of Jet Connect and I don't see Virgin on the Tasman for sometime if at all.

What do we reason about some fifth freedom carriers like TG/EK on the Tasman again? Freight run DXB-SYD then pax across to AKL? Crew would have to be flown in and Self isolate if that was allowed for 2 weeks.

Bit of extra revenue and allows freight to get to AKL covering an Australian port aswell.

AviatorNZ

Sun May 10, 2020 11:01 am

GW54 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Their plan when they suspended international services (prior to Alert Level 4 resulting in the suspension of domestic services as well) was to base a few airframes in NZ and operate a limited schedule of 2x return flights from AKL to CHC and WLG. They could do something similar to that once we return to Alert Level 2 seeing as they already have two airframes currently sitting in AKL (VH-VFL and VFO). However, they currently aren't taking any reservation prior to 1 July.

zkncj

Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 pm

AviatorNZ wrote:
GW54 wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Their plan when they suspended international services (prior to Alert Level 4 resulting in the suspension of domestic services as well) was to base a few airframes in NZ and operate a limited schedule of 2x return flights from AKL to CHC and WLG. They could do something similar to that once we return to Alert Level 2 seeing as they already have two airframes currently sitting in AKL (VH-VFL and VFO). However, they currently aren't taking any reservation prior to 1 July.

Would make sense to keep some of the crew (AKL Base) current on the A320, and they shouldn't have an issue filling up seats once we goto level 2.

Before COVID19 most of the JQ A320's would spent an couple of week then get swapped out on an Tasman run, which could still happen with an small fleet here. Then once every so many weeks operate an freight flight across the Tasman to swap out the A320s.

Others-wise I'm sure ANZES would be happy to take on some short-term work for JQ, every revenue dollar counts right now.

bonzolab

Sun May 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi, GW54 mentioned the demise of Jetconnect. Do you have any further info on this?

Kaiarahi

Sun May 10, 2020 10:20 pm

zkncj wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Then again people used to fly Auckland to Sydney on an flying boat, and some how be willing to get on the return trip.

The Solents were actually very comfortable. I was lucky enough to fly the Coral Route out and back in 1958.
Empty vessels make the most noise.

zkncj

Sun May 10, 2020 11:18 pm

bonzolab wrote:
Hi, GW54 mentioned the demise of Jetconnect. Do you have any further info on this?

Seems interesting as they have applied fo the NZ Wage Subsidy:

https://services.workandincome.govt.nz/eps/search
JETCONNECT LIMITED
Employees: 702
Amount: $4,948,838.40

Which requires them to keep staff on the books until the end of June 2020

AMSAKL

Mon May 11, 2020 4:41 am

So game on with the domestic economy, will be really interested to see how demand ramps up over the next few weeks and how NZ's schedules adjust to it.

NZ516

Mon May 11, 2020 4:53 am

Runway Pavement Works At Auckland Airport To Get Underway

Auckland Airport has brought forward budgeted and planned runway pavement replacement work with construction beginning on the $26 million project in two weeks.

The outbreak of COVID-19 and the reduction in flights, particularly large long-haul aircraft, presented an opportunity to have another look at the proposed construction windows, said André Lovatt, General Manager of Airport Development and Delivery

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK2005/ ... derway.htm

This is a step in the right direction and using the window created by the downturn wisely to start the repairs early. Interesting they decided not to use the taxiway as a stand in runway due to the complexities it would bring.

zkncj

Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 am

AMSAKL wrote:
So game on with the domestic economy, will be really interested to see how demand ramps up over the next few weeks and how NZ's schedules adjust to it.

Looks like NZ has loaded an few more flight options post this afternoons announcement. Some of the prices do seem to be growing very fast eg AKL-CHC/ZQN.

While I get that they need to account for social distancing, everyone else in the bussiness is doing deals at the moment to encourage people to travel to get some revenue in the door.

bonzolab

Mon May 11, 2020 6:11 am

The may lose some staff but the demise of the company seems a bit strong IMO

zkncj wrote:
bonzolab wrote:

Seems interesting as they have applied fo the NZ Wage Subsidy:

https://services.workandincome.govt.nz/eps/search
JETCONNECT LIMITED
Employees: 702
Amount: $4,948,838.40

Which requires them to keep staff on the books until the end of June 2020

NZ516

Wed May 13, 2020 1:56 am

Air New Zealand adds further domestic flights for Alert Level 2

Additional routes to resume during Level 2 (in addition to what was announced on Friday 8 May) include
Auckland to/from Christchurch to/from Wellington to/from
Blenheim (from 1 June) Hamilton (from 18 May) Dunedin (from 1 June)
Dunedin (from 1 June) Hokitika (from 25 May)
Rotorua (from 25 May) Tauranga (from 1 June)

more:
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-r ... rt-level-2

So the only two centers without a service is Taupo and Timaru. I see the schedules have really increased from June 1. With the CHC to WLG route at 14 ATRs per day wow must be a big increase in demand, wonder if we will be at level 1 by then hopefully!!!

tom90

Wed May 13, 2020 4:13 am

Etihad Airways EY9641 is currently on route MEL to AKL with a B789 - freight run? I think first time Etihad to NZ also...?

zkncj

Wed May 13, 2020 4:15 am

NZ516 wrote:
Air New Zealand adds further domestic flights for Alert Level 2

Additional routes to resume during Level 2 (in addition to what was announced on Friday 8 May) include
Auckland to/from Christchurch to/from Wellington to/from
Blenheim (from 1 June) Hamilton (from 18 May) Dunedin (from 1 June)
Dunedin (from 1 June) Hokitika (from 25 May)
Rotorua (from 25 May) Tauranga (from 1 June)

more:
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/press-r ... rt-level-2

So the only two centers without a service is Taupo and Timaru. I see the schedules have really increased from June 1. With the CHC to WLG route at 14 ATRs per day wow must be a big increase in demand, wonder if we will be at level 1 by then hopefully!!!

Hopefully that should help some of the pricing too! defiantly going up with demand very fast the moment.

Seems like all the AKL-WLG should really be A321NEO's instead of A320s.

NZ516

Wed May 13, 2020 4:19 am

Plus the AKL to ZQN is only 2 flights per day so will sell out fast. No AKL to IVC yet either a few others still yet to return.

zkncj

Wed May 13, 2020 4:51 am

NZ516 wrote:
Plus the AKL to ZQN is only 2 flights per day so will sell out fast. No AKL to IVC yet either a few others still yet to return.

The 7:10am flight doesn't return until the 30th May, but even then some seat only fares are reaching the $220-250 mark!

Hopefully the extra demand that NZ has had will encourage JQ to restart on the 1 June, rather than 1 July.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos