Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:38 pm

Jet Midwest Group 777-200 N272JM (ex JAL JA8985) 777-200 filed VCV-MCI 1PM - 5:44PM likely for scrap.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N27 ... /KVCV/KMCI
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:43 pm

It looks like I/FR24 was wrong: Delta A319 N319NB flying RIV-SBD as DL8965 for storage (scrap??).

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n319nb
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:31 pm

SkyBus Jet Cargo DC-8F N805SJ flew VCV-IGM after repaint.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N805SJ
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:18 pm

Cavok Air AN-12 UR-CJN flying IAH-SBD as CVK7132.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-cjn
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:23 pm

According to this article, ‘Boeing [will] conduct its Airplane On Ground (AOG) operations at three sites, Newark, N.J., Abu Dhabi and Victorville, Calif. according to two people familiar with the company’s plans...Airplanes from Etihad Airways, Air Europa, Norwegian Air Shuttle and All Nippon Airways are also impacted by the grounding...’ So it looks like Air Canada 789 C-FVNF is indeed at VCV for repairs. Looks like VCV may get some interesting visitors soon....Air Europa, Norwegian, and ANA 787s will likely come to VCV. Singapore/Etihad at AUH, and UA at EWR (speculation). These repairs are for the structural issues discovered last month on 8 787s, there’s a thread on it that I’d suggest you check out if you haven’t seen it already (2nd link).

https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-safe ... on-boeing/

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1451003
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
dougbr2006
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 am

I enter your thread daily for updates on the 787 777 and 737 max storage. Where on the airfield are the 787`s and B777`s the main ramp must be getting quite fill.

How many Delta planes are still there is it possible for you to give quantities and models as I am making KVCV in Flight Simulator and I`m populating using latest photos and info but the Delta an Southwest are reentering service are they not.

Thanks in advance for any updated locations for aircraft.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:25 am

dougbr2006 wrote:
I enter your thread daily for updates on the 787 777 and 737 max storage. Where on the airfield are the 787`s and B777`s the main ramp must be getting quite fill.

How many Delta planes are still there is it possible for you to give quantities and models as I am making KVCV in Flight Simulator and I`m populating using latest photos and info but the Delta an Southwest are reentering service are they not.

Thanks in advance for any updated locations for aircraft.


There are two 787s (Vietnam 787-10 and China Eastern 787-9) that are parked on the concrete hard stand in the central area of VCV where the future 'Air Force One' 747s used to be, but most of them are still on the main ramp. It is quite crowded. There are (probably) a few Delta aircraft that are re-entering service that are there too, as another 737 is supposed to fly out tomorrow. I can't give accurate numbers on Delta or Southwest storage, as it has been fluctuating like crazy the last few months (as Delta flew out, Southwest flew out, then a month or so ago Southwest flew back IN). VCV is constantly changing (likely the busiest time in its history over these last few months), with over 50 aircraft coming into storage since my last visit in early July. A majority of runway 3/21 is filled with Delta aircraft in the front, and LATAM A359/789 at the back, with a Qantas A380 and FedEx MD-10s parked near the threshold. I'd say if you're developing a sim, you have to find one date/time span and stick with it because of how much things are changing. I can give you the max storage total (not updated with fly-outs) in the link to my spreadsheet in the signature (as every aircraft that flew into VCV for storage due to COVID-19 is listed in one of the spreadsheets), but that's pretty much it. You say that you've been checking the thread daily (really appreciate it :) ), then you've probably also have seen some of the pics that I've linked on here. If not, I've linked quite a few photos in the last few pages of this thread, so I'd suggest checking them out if you haven't already for your sim. I wish you luck :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
dougbr2006
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:44 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:29 am

VCVSpotter wrote:
dougbr2006 wrote:
I enter your thread daily for updates on the 787 777 and 737 max storage. Where on the airfield are the 787`s and B777`s the main ramp must be getting quite fill.

How many Delta planes are still there is it possible for you to give quantities and models as I am making KVCV in Flight Simulator and I`m populating using latest photos and info but the Delta an Southwest are reentering service are they not.

Thanks in advance for any updated locations for aircraft.


There are two 787s (Vietnam 787-10 and China Eastern 787-9) that are parked on the concrete hard stand in the central area of VCV where the future 'Air Force One' 747s used to be, but most of them are still on the main ramp. It is quite crowded. There are (probably) a few Delta aircraft that are re-entering service that are there too, as another 737 is supposed to fly out tomorrow. I can't give accurate numbers on Delta or Southwest storage, as it has been fluctuating like crazy the last few months (as Delta flew out, Southwest flew out, then a month or so ago Southwest flew back IN). VCV is constantly changing (likely the busiest time in its history over these last few months), with over 50 aircraft coming into storage since my last visit in early July. A majority of runway 3/21 is filled with Delta aircraft in the front, and LATAM A359/789 at the back, with a Qantas A380 and FedEx MD-10s parked near the threshold. I'd say if you're developing a sim, you have to find one date/time span and stick with it because of how much things are changing. I can give you the max storage total (not updated with fly-outs) in the link to my spreadsheet in the signature (as every aircraft that flew into VCV for storage due to COVID-19 is listed in one of the spreadsheets), but that's pretty much it. You say that you've been checking the thread daily (really appreciate it :) ), then you've probably also have seen some of the pics that I've linked on here. If not, I've linked quite a few photos in the last few pages of this thread, so I'd suggest checking them out if you haven't already for your sim. I wish you luck :)


Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. Just to clarify the area your talking about where the AF one 7478s used to be is that where the NTU Lufthansa 7478 and a ex Qantas 747400 are in the last photos you linked. The Delta and Southwest will do as per the last photos and try to get a semi accurate number from your spreadsheets. Is it your intention to keep logging the outbound Delta's and Southwest's?
Once I get the airport to a reasonble level I will post a screen or two for you to see. Thanks again, regards and stay safe.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Vistara Airlines 787-9 N1003N flying PAE-VCV as BOE807 for storage.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPAE/KVCV
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:52 pm

dougbr2006 wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:
dougbr2006 wrote:
I enter your thread daily for updates on the 787 777 and 737 max storage. Where on the airfield are the 787`s and B777`s the main ramp must be getting quite fill.

How many Delta planes are still there is it possible for you to give quantities and models as I am making KVCV in Flight Simulator and I`m populating using latest photos and info but the Delta an Southwest are reentering service are they not.

Thanks in advance for any updated locations for aircraft.


There are two 787s (Vietnam 787-10 and China Eastern 787-9) that are parked on the concrete hard stand in the central area of VCV where the future 'Air Force One' 747s used to be, but most of them are still on the main ramp. It is quite crowded. There are (probably) a few Delta aircraft that are re-entering service that are there too, as another 737 is supposed to fly out tomorrow. I can't give accurate numbers on Delta or Southwest storage, as it has been fluctuating like crazy the last few months (as Delta flew out, Southwest flew out, then a month or so ago Southwest flew back IN). VCV is constantly changing (likely the busiest time in its history over these last few months), with over 50 aircraft coming into storage since my last visit in early July. A majority of runway 3/21 is filled with Delta aircraft in the front, and LATAM A359/789 at the back, with a Qantas A380 and FedEx MD-10s parked near the threshold. I'd say if you're developing a sim, you have to find one date/time span and stick with it because of how much things are changing. I can give you the max storage total (not updated with fly-outs) in the link to my spreadsheet in the signature (as every aircraft that flew into VCV for storage due to COVID-19 is listed in one of the spreadsheets), but that's pretty much it. You say that you've been checking the thread daily (really appreciate it :) ), then you've probably also have seen some of the pics that I've linked on here. If not, I've linked quite a few photos in the last few pages of this thread, so I'd suggest checking them out if you haven't already for your sim. I wish you luck :)


Thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated. Just to clarify the area your talking about where the AF one 7478s used to be is that where the NTU Lufthansa 7478 and a ex Qantas 747400 are in the last photos you linked. The Delta and Southwest will do as per the last photos and try to get a semi accurate number from your spreadsheets. Is it your intention to keep logging the outbound Delta's and Southwest's?
Once I get the airport to a reasonble level I will post a screen or two for you to see. Thanks again, regards and stay safe.


No problem. Umm, I don't know exactly which photo set you're referencing (as that NTU LH 748 and QF 744 have both moved around over the past months), so here's it from Google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5938098 ... a=!3m1!1e3

I do intend to keep track of all of the movements in/out of storage from the boneyards on this thread (including Delta/Southwest).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 pm

Cayman Airways 737MAX8 VP-CIX exited storage VCV-GCM as KX757.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vp-cix
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Delta 737-900ER N880DN exited storage VCV-ATL as DL9936.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n880dn
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm

FedEx A300-600F N654FE exited storage VCV-ANC as FX9817. Note the quick left turn after rotation.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n654fe
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

NASA U-2 N809NA flying PMD-PMD as NASA809.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA809
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
Newark727
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm

VCVSpotter wrote:
NASA U-2 N809NA flying PMD-PMD as NASA809.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA809


Why is it always on the days I have class?
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Newark727 wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:
NASA U-2 N809NA flying PMD-PMD as NASA809.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA809


Why is it always on the days I have class?


Lol literally same :lol: :roll:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Hainan (NTU)/Vistara Airlines 787-9 N1005S filed CHS-VCV 10AM - 11:12AM as BOE806.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE806
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Cavok Air AN-12 UR-CJN flying IAH-SBD as CVK7134.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CVK ... /KIAH/KSBD
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Jet Midwest 777-200 (ex JAL JA8977) N276JM filed VCV-MCI 10:15AM - 2:49PM, likely for scrap.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N27 ... /KVCV/KMCI
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
FX1816
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:02 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:06 pm

VCVSpotter wrote:
FedEx A300-600F N654FE exited storage VCV-ANC as FX9817. Note the quick left turn after rotation.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n654fe


Off of RWY35 it looks like he was issued either left turn direct PMD or left turn heading 250 on departure. Since there are no SIDS they can turn pretty much when they want on the heading or direct a fix that the tower gets from approach.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Volga Dnepr AN-124 RA-82078 filed SFO-SBD 6:20PM - 7:21PM as VDA3829.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VDA ... /KSFO/KSBD
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:47 pm

KLM 747-400 PH-BFL will ferry AMS-ORD-MHV as KL9879 on October 5, 2020 for retirement. This will be the final flight of a KLM 747-400 (non-Combi). Departure from AMS will be 8:55AM local, with arrival at MHV around 2PM local (where I'll likely be waiting for her). She currently has 133,465 flight hours and 17,225 cycles. It is rumored that she will become a parts donor for Western Global Airlines.

Source (in Dutch): https://www.scramble.nl/community/messa ... start=4560
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:34 pm

JAL 777-200ER JA705J flying HND-VCV as JL8132 for retirement.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JAL ... /RJTT/KVCV
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:23 am

United 777-200ER N77019 flying ELP-VCV as UA2571 (likely a military charter). Filed VCV-IAH 9:30PM - 2:35AM as UA2582.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n77019
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm

Alaska 737-900ER N403AS flew SEA-VCV as AS9801 (for repaint??).

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n403as
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:13 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

Delta A319 N319NB exited storage SBD-SLC as DL9962 (this frame entered storage on September 4, 2020 (exactly 2 weeks ago)), so I guess they had a change of heart/requirements....?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n319nb
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Cavok Air AN-12 UR-CJN filed SBD-IAH 10AM - 4:13PM as CVK7135.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CVK7135
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Air New Zealand 777-200ER ZK-OKH filed LAX-VCV 2PM - 2:43PM as NZ6010 for long term storage.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/nz6010
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
fixo
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 pm

KFTG wrote:
Newark727 wrote:
KFTG wrote:
Are all of the ARAMCO 73G fleet still in GYR? Did they find homes or are they for the scrapper?


I think one of the former ARAMCO 737s flies for the U.S. Department of Justice now?

Yeah I guess N738A flies for the DHS now.


N743A and N745A are both at AAR Aircraft Services in Rockford IL being modified into US Marine Corps C-40A configuration
 
Newark727
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 pm

fixo wrote:
N743A and N745A are both at AAR Aircraft Services in Rockford IL being modified into US Marine Corps C-40A configuration


Interesting - all the other C-40As are new builds from Boeing.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:16 pm

NASA U-2 N809NA flying PMD-PMD as NASA809.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/NAS ... /KPMD/KPMD
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Cayman Airways 737MAX8 VP-CIW exited storage VCV-GCM as KX757.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CAY ... /KVCV/MWCR
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Qantas 787-9 VH-ZNM flying PAE-VCV as BOE281 for storage.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vh-znm
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 pm

that was a rather quick fix...dont think that plane was there longer than 2wks

VCVSpotter wrote:
Cayman Airways 737MAX8 VP-CIW exited storage VCV-GCM as KX757.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CAY ... /KVCV/MWCR
 
TC957
Posts: 3933
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Can I ask, roughly what % full is VCV and MHV right now ? Looking at some of the recent youtube vids, they seem to be getting really full up.
Thanks.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:31 pm

TC957 wrote:
Can I ask, roughly what % full is VCV and MHV right now ? Looking at some of the recent youtube vids, they seem to be getting really full up.
Thanks.


There isn't really a true % value that can be gained from the storage as the limit is dependent on whether they are willing to scrap aircraft and/or move them to new storage locations within the airport.

MHV can store less aircraft (and is currently storing much less aircraft) than VCV as it's a smaller facility (same story applies with SBD). However, depending on their (MHV) storage needs, I'd say they can fit up to 1.5x aircraft than they have right now by utilizing the space north of runway 8 threshold and south-west of runway 12 threshold. Using that entire area ALONE will nearly double their storage capacity, so I'd say MHV is no where near the limit that it COULD be at. I've been told that the lineup of classic 747s at the front of the main storage area have been moved, but I won't be up there until October 5 (for KLM 747 PH-BFL retirement) so I can't really comment on the situation there.

Regarding SBD (I know this wasn't asked in the question but it's 1 of the 'big 3' SoCal boneyards), I'd bet that SBD has about 10% capacity left, although the real number is probably less than that as the new Amazon base is coming in. Furthermore, the UPS cargo ops need the main ramp space clear for the 747/757/767s that fly in during the evening/early morning. If they're willing to park on the main triangle of grass in the center of the field (not on the grass, but maybe pave it over), I'd bet that they could increase that number to 25-40% space remaining, although I doubt that they're that desperate (yet??) as that takes time/money.

Finally VCV: As I commented earlier in the post with the Instagram pictures on it (early this month or late August), they are using a new storage area east of runway 35/17 where they have the LATAM A321s currently. They're also scrapping planes at an aggressive rate according to what I've heard (to make room for the new arrivals: Qantas 789s and Air New Zealand 777s both of which started coming this month). Furthermore, the space between runway 35 and runway 3 is 'poorly' managed space wise (airplanes laying around, not in any real order and with some dead space between them). If they clean that area up, and utilize the space east of runway 35, then I bet they can get about 25% more storage area, if not greater. Depending on how desperate they are (in the future months, we are no where near the end of the long stream of storage/retirements), they could use the space just north of the threshold for runway 21, although I'm not sure how the dirt is over there for parking aircraft. That should give them at least another 10-20% of storage room. If VCV wants to go 'all out,' I think they can up their storage capacity by 50% (combo of using those spaces and scrapping aggressively).

Nobody (except maybe SBD) is near storage capacity, and ALL of them can use 'creative methods' to store aircraft, such as using new areas of storage space that would be unconventional otherwise. The images/videos do make the airports look full, and they really are (as they've never been filled to this capacity before). However, there are always ways to fit more aircraft in.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Cavok Air AN-12 UR-CJN flying IAH-SBD as CVK7136.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CVK7136
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
bennett123
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:02 pm

What has been scrapped recently at VCV?.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 pm

bennett123 wrote:
What has been scrapped recently at VCV?.


I am not aware of specifics, but recently I've seen photos/had friends tell me they've seen BA 747s, Allegiant 757/Mad Dogs, and a FedEx A310 being scrapped. If anyone knows anything more specific please share! :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Alaska 737-900ER N453AS flew SEA-VCV as AS9411 for repaint today (September 19).

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n453as
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Volga Dnepr AN-124 RA-82078 filed SBD-BGO 8AM - 4:18AM as VI3829.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RA82078
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Delta 777-200ER N863DA flying SLC-VCV as DL9963 for retirement.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n863da
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Alaska 737-900ER N478AS flying SEA-VCV as AS9805. Quite a few Alaska 737s piling up at VCV, one wonders if this is for storage and not for repaint....

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n478as
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:09 am

Delta 737-900ER N827DN exited storage VCV-ATL as DL9967.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n827dn
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 am

Delta A320 N340NW exited storage SBD-MSP as DL9938.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n340nw
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:11 am

VivaAerobus A320 XA-VAN flew GDL-SBD-GDL as VB916/VB8.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/xa-van
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
Newark727
Posts: 2179
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:09 am

VCVSpotter wrote:
VivaAerobus A320 XA-VAN flew GDL-SBD-GDL as VB916/VB8.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/xa-van


Huh, I wonder what this was for. I used to see VB 737-300s at SBD for maintenance, but this clearly wasn't that.
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:01 am

Qantas 787-9 VH-ZNA and VH-ZNG are currently headed to LAX, prior to storage at VCV.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHZNA
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VHZNG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M
 
User avatar
VCVSpotter
Topic Author
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Re: SoCal Boneyard Storage and Activity Thread

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Air Europa 787-9 EC-NGQ filed VCV-CHS 8AM - 2:57PM as BOE381.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KVCV/KCHS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Just a normal teenager juggling AP classes and airplanes. No biggie • Love the 747 & 777-9 • Farewell KLM 747-400M

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos