Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

onwFan

Re: DL-LATAM JV?

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:37 pm

BN727227Ultra wrote:
Has there been any movement on coordination between these carriers? I was curious to see if DL will try to make some effort to ramp up MIA, or LATAM doing the same in ATL or even DTW.

Thanks!

On the contrary, LA’s first priority at the moment seems to be to sue DL and QR for the cancelled A350 orders.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptc ... xed-planes

Latam Airlines Group SA creditors are trying to sue Delta Air Lines Inc. and Qatar Airways QCSC, alleging they ripped off Latam in the run-up to bankruptcy.

ALTF4

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:21 pm

onwFan wrote:
BN727227Ultra wrote:
Has there been any movement on coordination between these carriers? I was curious to see if DL will try to make some effort to ramp up MIA, or LATAM doing the same in ATL or even DTW.

Thanks!

On the contrary, LA’s first priority at the moment seems to be to sue DL and QR for the cancelled A350 orders.

Latam Airlines Group SA creditors are trying to sue Delta Air Lines Inc. and Qatar Airways QCSC, alleging they ripped off Latam in the run-up to bankruptcy.

Not sure I understand your point. It says LATAM's creditors, not LATAM - but you say it is LATAM themselves... is there something I missed? Can't read the article unless I pay I guess.

onwFan

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:38 pm

ALTF4 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
BN727227Ultra wrote:

Thanks!

Not sure I understand your point. It says LATAM's creditors, not LATAM - but you say it is LATAM themselves... is there something I missed? Can't read the article unless I pay I guess.

It is the creditors indeed who are suing, but it said 'on LATAM's behalf' - don't know what LATAM's stand is, they've declined to comment.

Lootess

Re: Delta-LATAM sign JV Agreement

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:03 pm

I have a hard time believing the current LATAM board has any beef with Delta or Qatar. The creditors might be mad though, but that's how these things roll when bankruptcy comes around, they can say on-behalf because they are owed money.

jbs2886

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:17 pm

onwFan wrote:
ALTF4 wrote:
onwFan wrote:

It is the creditors indeed who are suing, but it said 'on LATAM's behalf' - don't know what LATAM's stand is, they've declined to comment.

That's just how bankruptcy proceedings work, but make no mistake, its on the creditors' behalf. The creditors are effectively accusing LATAM management of fraud.

kondoo

Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:44 pm

All things considered, I believe LATAM decided to leave oneworld at, possibly, the worst time ever.

777Mech

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:54 pm

onwFan wrote:
BN727227Ultra wrote:

Thanks!

A bit of a stretch to say LA is suing DL. It's LA's creditors..

LAXintl
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Delta-LATAM summitted update to their JV-ATI request.

Much of their updated pleadings is persuading parties that the JV will be pro-consumer and will allow airlines to add capacity, introduce new routes and provide only effective competitive challenge to AA including plans to make MIA a key gateway for the partners.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0105-0022

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:06 pm

Chilean National Economic Prosecutor’s Office submitted to the Chilean Competition Court an out-of-court settlement containing a set of remedies offered jointly by LATAM and Delta to safeguard competition. No real details about what the agreed remedies are.

https://www.fne.gob.cl/en/fne-delta-y-l ... erolineas/

dcajet

Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:11 pm

Following the out-of-court agreement between Delta, LATAM & Chile's National Economic Prosecutor's Office, Chile's Court for the Defense of Free Competition has green lighted the JV between the two airlines. This is the same court that rejected the JV between LATAM, AA and IAG. Brazil, Colombia and Uruguay had already approved the JV, the US still needs to do so.

https://www.aviacionline.com/2021/10/ch ... m-y-delta/

IrishAyes

Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:49 am

wowowowo. after so much drama for the better part of a decade, LATAM has finally gotten Chile on board with a JV between the two continents and a major US carrier.

interesting that Canada - Chile is also included in the scope. LAN (and TAM) have repeatedly tried, and failed, to serve Toronto, ill-advisedly as a tag-on from JFK, while Air Canada has flown nonstop from Toronto to Santiago for decades.

also, interesting note in the document concerning the AeroMéxico risk.

mercure1

Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Delta and LATAM expand their codesharing.

https://news.delta.com/delta-and-latam- ... th-america

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:00 am

DOT on Thursday issued tentative approval for the proposed ATI subject to a few conditions mostly related to ensuring the JV partners offer interline and codeshare access for unaligned carriers under the same commercial terms and availability, along with carriers restoring their networks to pre-pandemic levels and pursuing their promised consumer benefit via the network growth they envisaged in their application.

OST-2020-0105
https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0105-0054

TYWoolman

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Those contingencies pretty much guarantee an expanded Miami presence, I would imagine.

jbs2886

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:39 pm

TYWoolman wrote:
Those contingencies pretty much guarantee an expanded Miami presence, I would imagine.

I would agree, considering the condition requires the JV to meet its promises, including: "Provide new or expanded service on at least 18 nonstop routes."
Last edited by jbs2886 on Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:40 pm

Article with details.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... -approval/

And yes, DL will end up growing MIA based on the arguments it made in the JV application.

TYWoolman

Re: Delta-LATAM JV News and Discussion Thread

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 pm

From the link in post directly above: "The remedies include the maintenance of current third-party interline agreements; the removal of exclusivity provisions that prohibit or limit Delta or LATAM from engaging in a business relationship with another carrier; a 10-year expiration and reassessment requirement; and the removal of a capacity constraint clause, which “artificially limits growth during the initial stages of the proposed relationship.”

Wonder what existing interline agreements are in place and in what markets?
Wonder if removal of exclusivity provisions sets a new precedent?
Wonder if removal of capacity constraint clause will affect any recent pilot grievance settlement pertaining to JV's?

TYWoolman

Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:38 am

Delta and Latam accept DOT JV conditions, pilots object to one item (removal of capacity constraint clause that Delta pilot's argue favors Latam flying rather than JV flying that can also include Delta). Astute move!

https://simpleflying.com/delta-latam-do ... onditions/

TropicalSky

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:44 pm

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Link to DOT order, and details on conditions imposed on the JV

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0105-0066

avi8

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:14 pm

This could really be the only true threat to AA from MIA. All DL needs to add are flights to Central America and some domestic feed. After that, LATAM covers South America and AM covers Mexico. They will never be AA, but they will certainly be a a strong competitor.

rjbesikof

Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:50 am

So far with the JV, we have the following new routes/resumptions announced:
1) LA LAX-GRU
2) LA MCO-BOG
3) DL JFK-GIG (pre-COVID resumption)
4) Frequency increases on LIM-MIA/LAX/JFK, SCL-LAX, GRU-MCO (this was announced with LAX-GRU)
What do you think will be next?

jfk777

Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:36 am

When will we see a LATAM plane in Atlanta ? LATAM sticks to MIA, JFK & LAX, where is the synergy with Delta with that ?

CaliguyNYC

Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:00 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
1) LA LAX-GRU
2) LA MCO-BOG
4) Frequency increases on LIM-MIA/LAX/JFK, SCL-LAX, GRU-MCO (this was announced with LAX-GRU)

I get it we are still in a quasi pandemic affected world but LATAM is no where near what they were before with AA. Remember they had a daylight JFK-GRU flight plus a year round (I believe) JFK-GIG. DL’s JFK-GIG is like for two months in peace Christmas to carnival time (which is just using a plane during low travel to EU). Not really thinking they have pushed the envelope with the JV. But again Covid….

MIflyer12

Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:33 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
1) LA LAX-GRU
2) LA MCO-BOG

I get it we are still in a quasi pandemic affected world but LATAM is no where near what they were before with AA. Remember they had a daylight JFK-GRU flight plus a year round (I believe) JFK-GIG. DL’s JFK-GIG is like for two months in peace Christmas to carnival time (which is just using a plane during low travel to EU). Not really thinking they have pushed the envelope with the JV. But again Covid….

Not just COVID, but LATAM's bankruptcy where they shed a lot of aircraft.

usflyer msp

Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:04 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
1) LA LAX-GRU
2) LA MCO-BOG

LATAM closed their GIG hub well before COVID but DL actually flew a winter only JFKGIG (with a daytime GIGJFK flight) pre-COVID so it is really just a resumption for them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos