Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

Tamara Vrooman to become YVR's new boss

Sat May 16, 2020 2:53 pm

She'll join July 1st, 2020 while traffic is on a much different trend than just three months ago. We'll see how her GFC's experience will help her lead in the upcoming tough times.

Vrooman joins YVR following 13 years as president and CEO Vancity Community Investment Bank, Canada’s largest community credit union. The Vancouver Airport Authority notes she assumed leadership of Vancity at the beginning of the global financial crisis and transformed its business and service model, delivering record profitability and doubling its assets. Today, Vancity manages more than $28 billion in assets, with more than 2600 employees, and 530,000 members at over 60 locations.

https://www.wingsmagazine.com/vrooman-t ... ority-yvr/

Blerg

Re: Tamara Vrooman to become YVR's new boss

Sat May 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Why did she leave that position to run an airport?

FlyHossD

Sat May 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Congratulations to her. I hope she's studied the successes and failures of others in this area; I'm thinking of the fiasco of the new Berlin airport and the chaos of the DEN Great Hall Project lead by Kim Day.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

Dominion301

Sat May 16, 2020 11:45 pm

Blerg wrote:

To take on a new challenge. The fact that she is an ex-YVR board member means she’d have some decent knowledge about the airport already.

Congratulations to her. She’s now the 2nd female CEO of a major Canadian Airport Authority.

Blerg

Sun May 17, 2020 4:12 am

Dominion301 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

To take on a new challenge. The fact that she is an ex-YVR board member means she’d have some decent knowledge about the airport already.

Congratulations to her. She’s now the 2nd female CEO of a major Canadian Airport Authority.

Interesting though from what I saw, before corona YVR was a well-run and successful airport. I guess she will have to rebuilt traffic and demand after coronavirus. As for her sex, it shouldn't play a role as these kind of positions should go to those who deserve it the most.

SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author

Sun May 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Blerg wrote:
As for her sex, it shouldn't play a role as these kind of positions should go to those who deserve it the most.

Who said she was hired because she is a woman? However it's great to see women moving into jobs where usually you find men.

Blerg

Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
As for her sex, it shouldn't play a role as these kind of positions should go to those who deserve it the most.

Who said she was hired because she is a woman? However it's great to see women moving into jobs where usually you find men.

I was replying to his second part of the answer to me. What matters is that she is qualified and the right person for the job. Sex is irrelevant when it comes to such positions from which thousands depend.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos