Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lew01
Topic Author

Jet2 / Jet2Holidays Aircraft Liveries

Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 pm

Hi all,
I couldn't find a previous answer so apologies if this has already been asked, but I wondered, how do Jet2 decide which of their aircraft wear the Jet2.com and jet2Holidays titles?
Is there a system or is it just done randomly?

I started thinking about this earlier and now it's bugging me!
:D :D :D :D

Vasu

Re: Jet2 / Jet2Holidays Aircraft Liveries

Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm

lew01 wrote:
Hi all,
I couldn't find a previous answer so apologies if this has already been asked, but I wondered, how do Jet2 decide which of their aircraft wear the Jet2.com and jet2Holidays titles?

I don’t think there’s anything to it - they paint the two schemes roughly 50:50 and any of the aircraft can fly anywhere. It’s just a way of advertising both brands: Jet2 and Jet2Holidays.

Eurowingsa320

Thu May 21, 2020 12:38 am

lew01 wrote:
Hi all,

In the past when they took delivery of a new aircraft it was around 50:50 but with the upcoming ex MT a321 there all going to wear the jet2 holidays scheme. This is so they don’t have to waste time and paint repainting the entire aircraft silver and instead just the title, tail and engines. But I wonder if they will paint more aircraft silver when it comes to repainted to compensate this.

lew01
Topic Author

Thu May 21, 2020 10:13 am

Eurowingsa320 wrote:
lew01 wrote:
Hi all,

In the past when they took delivery of a new aircraft it was around 50:50 but with the upcoming ex MT a321 there all going to wear the jet2 holidays scheme. This is so they don’t have to waste time and paint repainting the entire aircraft silver and instead just the title, tail and engines. But I wonder if they will paint more aircraft silver when it comes to repainted to compensate this.

Ah thanks! That makes sense with the silver scheme being harder to apply I'm sure. I heard they sometimes had issues patching it up as it can be hard to match the exact colour too!

debonair

Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm

As with any UK registered aircraft, I can highly recommend the following link for a full overview of which aircraft is painted in whatever colours:

https://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet ... s/jet2.htm

lew01
Topic Author

Thu May 21, 2020 5:25 pm

debonair wrote:
As with any UK registered aircraft, I can highly recommend the following link for a full overview of which aircraft is painted in whatever colours:

https://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet ... s/jet2.htm

Brilliant resource - thank you

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos