Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DLASFlyer
Topic Author

SLC Airport to Close Existing Concourses as new ones open

Thu May 21, 2020 5:09 pm

A new plan for the Salt Lake City Airport will see all current concourses and gates closed the same day two new concourses open - September 15th, 2020. Previously, old gates and new gates were to operate simultaneously for an interim period. Due to the drop in demand, the C, D, E, F and G concourses will be demolished. If demand recovers quickly, the new A and B concourses will be supplemented with hard stands.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/20 ... help-salt/

alasizon

Re: SLC Airport to Close All Existing Gates in September

Thu May 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Sounds quite a bit like the airlines are not 100% on board given the quote and are concerned with their ability to serve SLC adequately.
“Many of the airlines are telling us they want more gates faster. I love their enthusiasm. But my job is as well to look out for Salt Lake City, and I think that this approach is going to leave us with greater flexibility, less risk, less money [cost] and faster delivery,” he said.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

32andBelow

Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 pm

alasizon wrote:
Sounds quite a bit like the airlines are not 100% on board given the quote and are concerned with their ability to serve SLC adequately.
“Many of the airlines are telling us they want more gates faster. I love their enthusiasm. But my job is as well to look out for Salt Lake City, and I think that this approach is going to leave us with greater flexibility, less risk, less money [cost] and faster delivery,” he said.

You can’t undemolish a terminal. Even if you use hsrdstands will you have enough tsa and other infrastructure?

alasizon

Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 pm

32andBelow wrote:
alasizon wrote:

You can’t undemolish a terminal. Even if you use hsrdstands will you have enough tsa and other infrastructure?

TSA I think they will be fine with but certainly seems like they will be short on airline office and support space for carriers not named DL.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu May 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Sounds good in theory, especially with the complexities and costs of buidling around existing facilities.
They won't have an issue for the next 12 months.
However, hopefully they really look at the capacity for Summer 2021 and Summer 2022.

SLC traffic really peaks in the summer months in particularly with all the domestic travel headed to/from the mountain west.
Can they handle 90% of pre-COVID peak with what they are planning to do?

If anything, it seems like SLC could bounce back quicker than coastal airports that rely on a lot of international and foreign flag traffic.

FLALEFTY

Thu May 21, 2020 5:52 pm

This gets me to wondering if SLC isn't anticipating Delta reducing or even closing the SLC hub after Delta completes their post-COVID restructuring? With Delta's international hub at SEA likely to be restored to near-pre-COVID activity, will Delta still need 2 hubs serving the Mountain West and Northwest regions?

WN732

Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:
This gets me to wondering if SLC isn't anticipating Delta reducing or even closing the SLC hub after Delta completes their post-COVID restructuring? With Delta's international hub at SEA likely to be restored to near-pre-COVID activity, will Delta still need 2 hubs serving the Mountain West and Northwest regions?

They will still very much need SLC, even if it's at a reduced state, it is very necessary.

wnflyguy

Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 pm

Delta is in the process of rebalancing it's network For a Post pandemic fallout and SLC just gave them the ultimate gift.
This is a gamble to save the airport $300 million dollars on construction cost. But in 5yrs time will SLC just be a sparkling version of CVG of times past? Good luck.

Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

DLASFlyer
Topic Author

Thu May 21, 2020 5:59 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:

SLC isn't going anywhere. It serves the same key role as Denver for UA. BOS, SEA, LAX and either MSP or DTW would go before SLC.

WidebodyPTV

Thu May 21, 2020 6:08 pm

alasizon wrote:

It’s PR spin. SLC needs to issue $1B+ in additional bonds for Phase 2. If the airlines supported the project, the airport would unquestionably move forward with it. As it is, DL has agreed to cover the shortfalls in revenues and expenses for the initial bondings... while I realize that some fanboys believe SLC will transition into ATL West, there’s simply no way DL is going to take on additional obligations for capacity that was largely being built upon speculation anyway. The COVID Crisis May ultimately push the passenger curve back a decade from projections published earlier this year... It’ll be a long while before all those long, thin routes DL’s added in recent years return...
Last edited by WidebodyPTV on Thu May 21, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

questions

Thu May 21, 2020 6:08 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Delta is in the process of rebalancing it's network For a Post pandemic fallout and SLC just gave them the ultimate gift.
This is a gamble to save the airport $300 million dollars on construction cost. But in 5yrs time will SLC just be a sparkling version of CVG of times past? Good luck.

Flyguy

Why do you suggest DL will scale back SLC?

strfyr51

Thu May 21, 2020 6:19 pm

FLALEFTY wrote:

what exactly were Delta's flight totals at SLC and SEA before COVID? I know they had flights at SEA but were they the level of SLC?

SLCUT2777

Thu May 21, 2020 6:21 pm

questions wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Like too many on this board, they all think SLC is a small, insignificant market like BOI, RNO, GEG etc...
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

MIflyer12

Thu May 21, 2020 6:43 pm

WidebodyPTV wrote:
while I realize that some fanboys believe SLC will transition into ATL West, there’s simply no way DL is going to take on additional obligations for capacity that was largely being built upon speculation anyway.

It's seven added gates - 78 vs. 71.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 21, 2020 6:47 pm

If the airport really thought Delta was gonna leave they would do the opposite of this plan.

I bet you delta is gonna pay them alot less short term and that's part of the deal. Delta put in alot of their own personal money for add ons and made the contract longer for SLC. They need SLC more than ever , this plan just makes sense to get it done alot quicker and probably help Delta short term. Less gates but delta can make this work. Longer layovers they can still do lots of connections.

They won't gift SLC to JetBlue or Frontier. As bad as the situation is either would really benefit if delta left and take it. SLC would leave a massive hole in deltas network too, they ain't doing that.

flyoregon

Thu May 21, 2020 6:48 pm

SLCUT2777 wrote:
questions wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

Like too many on this board, they all think SLC is a small, insignificant market like BOI, RNO, GEG etc...

SLC definitely isn't like BOI, RNO, or GEG, but it's not exactly a huge CSA either. It is undeniably a great geographic location perfect for a hub.

MIflyer12

Thu May 21, 2020 6:49 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
SLC isn't going anywhere. It serves the same key role as Denver for UA. BOS, SEA, LAX and either MSP or DTW would go before SLC.

Four closures? All three BOS/SEA/LAX plus DTW or MSP? I think you greatly overstate the importance of SLC in the DL network. Last summer it was 281 flights, 120 of which were RJ, in a network of more than 5,000.

I see the carrier's complaint as a CYA move. Of course carriers want more gates and less risk.

N212R

Thu May 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Slice it anyway you want but SLC is a net loser in this pandemic. Apart from their large reliance on DL, the LDS international church traffic (has) will take a foreseeable hit. Expansion is an LDS tenet...things have changed.

panam330

Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Last summer it was 281 flights, 120 of which were RJ, in a network of more than 5,000.

If you’re going to quote the entire network capacity, all of those flights also had returns to SLC, effectively doubling that number. It’s something like 11% of their daily flying - 562 flights in/out at last summer’s peak, is it not?
I completely agree with what you’ve said on the overstated impact of the hub on here, though. Is it important? Yes. Will *four* other hubs close before it’s shanghai’d like CVG or MEM? Doubtful.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 21, 2020 7:48 pm

Nah SLC has so much going for it. Remember this is the hub that delta said made money during the last financial crisis and was stable and reliable in a time they needed it. It's super reliable, they can just survive with less temporarily to get their new home sooner. Delta can offer lots of connections , people might have to deal with longer layovers , or some remote stands for CR2s but they can make it work short term. I think this plan saves delta cash at a time when they really need it. Helps get it done sooner it's a win-win.

SLC has a very young population, insane business growth, super fast population growth, delta is not giving that up to JetBlue or frontier. In no situation would SLC become CVG, CLE, PIT, MKE. The location and future potential is fantastic other airlines would pivot their whole strategy to take over that terminal that delta paid for and is paying for. Remember the airport had a huge surpluses of money from delta over the years they have literally paid for alot of this construction already. They ain't handing this over to another airline because honestly they won't get much back either. It's the perfect location and delta loses alot of very profitable high fare cities with low competition by an exit.

JetBlue is lost out west this would be such a game changer for them, give them a clear strategy and network with connection power. Frontier too. Either would gain so much in their networks. DEN is fantastic but between United and Southwest getting larger frontier would absolutely pivot to a fortress hub and do real connection banks again in SLC. Delta would be replaced quickly if that fortress hub opened up.
Last edited by slcdeltarumd11 on Thu May 21, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu May 21, 2020 7:52 pm

I guess I also look at it this way. The DCI Concourse E situation even before the recent hardstand bussing operation, effectively operated pretty similar and was a throwback to the 90's prop / 'bro era.. They were running 2-class RJs out of the old Concourse E.

Worst case the just start moving DCI RJs back out to hardstands during peak times. Its not like it was really much worse then old operation.

WidebodyPTV

Thu May 21, 2020 7:56 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Nah SLC has so much going for it. Remember this is the hub that delta said made money during the last financial crisis and was stable and reliable in a time they needed it. It's super reliable, they can just survive with less temporarily to get their new home sooner. Delta can offer lots of connections , people might have to deal with longer layovers , or some remote stands for CR2s but they can make it work short term. I think this plan saves delta cash at a time when they really need it. Helps get it done sooner it's a win-win.

SLC has a very young population, insane business growth, super fast population growth, delta is not giving that up to JetBlue or frontier. In no situation would SLC beome CVG, CLE, PIT, MKE. The location and future potential is fantastic other airlines would pivot their whole strategy to take over that terminal that delta paid for and is paying for. Remember the airport had a huge surplus of money from delta over the years they have literally paid for alot of this construction already. They ain't handing this over to another airline because honestly they won't get much back either. It's the perfect location and delta loses alot of very profitable cities with low competition by an exit. JetBlue is lost out west this would be such a game changer for them or frontier. DEN is fantastic but between United and Southwest getting larger frontier would absolutely pivot to a fortress hub and do real connection banks again in SLC. Delta would be replaced quickly if that fortress hub opened up.

Could you provide a source that states SLC was profitable for DL during the Great Recession? I find that incredibly difficult to believe. SLC suffered, like every other market, major cutbacks and just years earlier DL debated whether to close it or DFW. Now, I’m not talking about 2020 so please don’t spin my statements, I’m just looking for a source that states SLC was profitable during the Great Recession.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 21, 2020 8:01 pm

No delta hub will be operating at 2019 numbers in 2021 anyway. They are retiring planes.

They don't need as much space short term and with SLC weather stands for CR2s even CR7s is fine, and thats really all the E concourse was anyway . They could make this work.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu May 21, 2020 8:06 pm

WidebodyPTV wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

SLC has a very young population, insane business growth, super fast population growth, delta is not giving that up to JetBlue or frontier. In no situation would SLC beome CVG, CLE, PIT, MKE. The location and future potential is fantastic other airlines would pivot their whole strategy to take over that terminal that delta paid for and is paying for. Remember the airport had a huge surplus of money from delta over the years they have literally paid for alot of this construction already. They ain't handing this over to another airline because honestly they won't get much back either. It's the perfect location and delta loses alot of very profitable cities with low competition by an exit. JetBlue is lost out west this would be such a game changer for them or frontier. DEN is fantastic but between United and Southwest getting larger frontier would absolutely pivot to a fortress hub and do real connection banks again in SLC. Delta would be replaced quickly if that fortress hub opened up.

Could you provide a source that states SLC was profitable for DL during the Great Recession? I find that incredibly difficult to believe. SLC suffered, like every other market, major cutbacks and just years earlier DL debated whether to close it or DFW. Now, I’m not talking about 2020 so please don’t spin my statements, I’m just looking for a source that states SLC was profitable during the Great Recession.

I will try later on, at work. They singled SLC out as a hub that kept chugging along on a quarterly earnings call and did exceptionally well, think it was right after
Will take alot of digging but it was on a quarterly earnings call for sure they singled SLC out as a hub that kept making money despite the odds thru connections.

bob75013

Thu May 21, 2020 8:10 pm

N212R wrote:
Slice it anyway you want but SLC is a net loser in this pandemic. Apart from their large reliance on DL, the LDS international church traffic (has) will take a foreseeable hit. Expansion is an LDS tenet...things have changed.

Fly in skiers for the 20/21 season will be virtually non existent, and only a bit better the next season/

slowroll

Thu May 21, 2020 8:27 pm

This is actually a brilliant move. Take advantage of the current situation to save lots of time. To respond to the earlier post, TSA should be fine. There is much more space for them in the new terminal than there is now.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu May 21, 2020 8:30 pm

bob75013 wrote:
N212R wrote:

Fly in skiers for the 20/21 season will be virtually non existent, and only a bit better the next season/

Way too soon to make that statement. The die-hard skiers will ski next season, there will be travel. Yes it will be down but they core skiers will still travel.
Maybe not the causal families to the extent possible, but the powder-chaser from the East Coast that by Ikon and Epic passes will still travel.

Plus, summer is far more peak for SLC than winter.

WidebodyPTV

Thu May 21, 2020 8:32 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
WidebodyPTV wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

I will try later on, at work. They singled SLC out as a hub that kept chugging along on a quarterly earnings call and did exceptionally well, think it was right after
Will take alot of digging but it was on a quarterly earnings call for sure they singled SLC out as a hub that kept making money despite the odds thru connections.

If you could provide a source, that’d be great. I follow the earnings calls closely and don’t recall such statements and have a difficult time believing it. DL didn’t pass its 2007 passenger count at SLC until 2015, and 2007 capacity wasn’t replicated until 2016.
Last edited by WidebodyPTV on Thu May 21, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu May 21, 2020 8:33 pm

1) Can we end the conversation about DL leaving SLC?
2) Can we end the conversation about how DL "prints money" and is "always profitable"?

In reality lets all be honest, ATL generates more revenue for DL before 10am that SLC does in an entire operating day.

adv40624

Thu May 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Delta has the LDS Church contract. The LDS flies people all over the U.S. and around the world on missions and other church business. Delta is not leaving SLC anytime soon.

alasizon

Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 pm

adv40624 wrote:
Delta has the LDS Church contract. The LDS flies people all over the U.S. and around the world on missions and other church business. Delta is not leaving SLC anytime soon.

DL has the contract for the business travel but the majority of the missionaries fly the cheapest available flight. The revenue is shared between the US4 and while DL gets a large share of the traffic by having a hub in SLC, all of the airlines carry traffic. PHX also sees its fair share of missionary traffic and that traffic is split about 60/40 between AA and WN.

SLCUT2777

Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm

alasizon wrote:
adv40624 wrote:

DL has the contract for the business travel but the majority of the missionaries fly the cheapest available flight. The revenue is shared between the US4 and while DL gets a large share of the traffic by having a hub in SLC, all of the airlines carry traffic. PHX also sees its fair share of missionary traffic and that traffic is split about 60/40 between AA and WN.

Let's put it this way, the "Church" Love or Loathe them is a substantial Fortune 500 Corporation in and of themselves. DL gets most of their business travel since they hold nearly 70% of the flights in and out of SLC. But AA and UA get their fair share as well.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

Jetport

Thu May 21, 2020 9:24 pm

bob75013 wrote:
N212R wrote:

Funny, I don't feel nonexistent. :lol: As a skier I totally disagree with this prediction. I plan to take my usual December and March ski trips out West as long as the ski areas are open and the aircraft are flying.

gsg013

Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 pm

wnflyguy wrote:

Flyguy

CVG serves Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. While my family previously lived in Cincinnati, it is not really to much of a destination in itself It has its O&D and not too many connections.

SLC on the other hand is a great place for flight connections, it is also the gateway to all the ski resorts within an hour drive of the airport. It also has local demand of those who live work in Salt Lake City, The People who come to spend time in the mountains and ski, and it also has the advantage of being a great place to connect. From Nashville we connect quite regularly in SLC to many places out west.

global1

Thu May 21, 2020 10:02 pm

Ed Bastian has stated that this downturn will be used to accelerate facilities construction projects such as Lax, Lga, JFK,etc...

It is an opportunity to accelerate timelines up to a year in some cases and better position the airline as a premium product coming out the other end. Also, I don’t think they would like the idea of a lot of gates or infrastructure at SLC while looking at Breeze in the rear view mirror.

bob75013

Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm

duplicate post
Last edited by bob75013 on Thu May 21, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob75013

Thu May 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Jetport wrote:
bob75013 wrote:
N212R wrote:

Funny, I don't feel nonexistent. :lol: As a skier I totally disagree with this prediction. I plan to take my usual December and March ski trips out West as long as the ski areas are open and the aircraft are flying.

Ski area attendance is primarily families not die hard skiers. You can see what's going to happen by looking at Timberline, Oregon. Yeah it's open now. Severe capacity limits. One person per chair on the lift. I'll be a wonderful experience that families will avoid like the plague. The vast majority of families won't show up

https://freeskier.com/stories/my-first- ... -shut-down

lightsaber

Thu May 21, 2020 10:49 pm

We are naturally airline focused. Love it or hate it, airports are a retail business. SLC must also work for retail survival, for long term that revenue brings airline costs down.

global1 wrote:
Ed Bastian has stated that this downturn will be used to accelerate facilities construction projects such as Lax, Lga, JFK,etc...

It is an opportunity to accelerate timelines up to a year in some cases and better position the airline as a premium product coming out the other end. Also, I don’t think they would like the idea of a lot of gates or infrastructure at SLC while looking at Breeze in the rear view mirror.

This is what I hope for. There will be a downturn. During that time airports must conserve cash. But on the other side, I look forward to future expansion.

The fact SLC won't be as large winter 2020/21 is sad for us enthusiasts, but if costs are not cut...

We're in a world with a large number of permanently lost jobs:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackkelly/ ... -late/amp/

Taking that 11.6 million permanently lost jobs, that means there could be a bounce in other labor quickly. For example, I expect hotels to bounce back quickly and rehire. But one if my neighbors cannot.

So I see no way, even with a jobs program, to regain prior levels in 2 years and 3 to 7 years seems more likely.

If SLC is a bit overcrowded for a year or two on the other side, that is reasonable to save the money required to get there.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

airlinewatcher1

Thu May 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Denver is also accelerating its concourse renovation/ expansion projects, for similar reasons as SLC due to COVID-19 travel downturn.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/18/d ... -projects/

airlinewatcher1

Thu May 21, 2020 11:06 pm

SLC isn't going anywhere for DL. A smaller operation, yes. But it will remain an important part of DL's network.

chunhimlai

Thu May 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Why dont missionary from their own airline?

SESGDL

Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
FLALEFTY wrote:

Are you kidding? SLC is going to outlast MSP and DTW, DL's 2nd and 3rd largest markets, hubs, and revenue generators? SLC is a mid-tier hub, at best. SLC is no DEN. While I don't think SLC is going anywhere, it's far more vulnerable than either MSP or DTW, both of which are larger and higher yielding markets.

Jeremy

tnair1974

Fri May 22, 2020 12:08 am

I've tried twice to post about the updated SLC terminal plans in the Salt Lake City Aviation Thread, but my posts keep getting rejected. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1430151

FLALEFTY

Fri May 22, 2020 12:44 am

strfyr51 wrote:
FLALEFTY wrote:

what exactly were Delta's flight totals at SLC and SEA before COVID? I know they had flights at SEA but were they the level of SLC?

Time for some "fun facts" about SLC and its status among Delta hubs.

Delta hubs - (2019 all-airlines' passenger counts) largest to smallest:
1) ATL - 110,531,300
2) LAX - 88,068,013
3) JFK - 62,551,072
4) SEA - 51,821,239
5) BOS - 42,522,411
6) MSP -39,555,035
7) DTW - 36,759,269
8) LGA - 31,084,894
9) SLC - 26,808,014

If you discount the "non-fortress hubs" (LAX, JFK, SEA, BOS & LGA), SLC is #4 and their smallest "fortress hub" by a wide margin. SLC is also considerably smaller than non-hub airports such as LAS, MCO and FLL. Overall, it is just approximately 1.6 million passengers larger than the highly-constrained non-hub, SAN.

lightsaber

Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am

Am I the only one excited SLC is accelerating I he expansion (as well as Denver)? Just magically add a 4th runway at PHX and my hubbing needs are supersized.

There will be a recovery, the question is how many years in between.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

jplatts

Fri May 22, 2020 1:22 am

airlinewatcher1 wrote:
SLC isn't going anywhere for DL. A smaller operation, yes. But it will remain an important part of DL's network.

There are some destinations in the Western U.S. such as BTM, CPR, CDC, COD, EKO, EUG, GJT, LWS, LGB, MFR, PIH, RDM, SBA, SGU, SUN, TWF, and WYS that DL serves nonstop from SLC but not from MSP, DTW, ATL, or JFK.

B6BOSfan

Fri May 22, 2020 1:37 am

bob75013 wrote:
N212R wrote:

Count me as a die-hard who WILL be out there next season, unless there is no season -- and if that's the case -- there'll be much more than lack of skiers that'll be an issue for Delta.

Of course, I'll be arriving on B6, so I look forward to the worst possible gate they'll be given.

questions

Fri May 22, 2020 1:59 am

FLALEFTY wrote:
Time for some "fun facts" about SLC and its status among Delta hubs.

Delta hubs - (2019 all-airlines' passenger counts) largest to smallest:
1) ATL - 110,531,300
2) LAX - 88,068,013
3) JFK - 62,551,072
4) SEA - 51,821,239
5) BOS - 42,522,411
6) MSP -39,555,035
7) DTW - 36,759,269
8) LGA - 31,084,894
9) SLC - 26,808,014

If you discount the "non-fortress hubs" (LAX, JFK, SEA, BOS & LGA), SLC is #4 and their smallest "fortress hub" by a wide margin. SLC is also considerably smaller than non-hub airports such as LAS, MCO and FLL. Overall, it is just approximately 1.6 million passengers larger than the highly-constrained non-hub, SAN.

Very “fun facts” indeed. Smaller than non-hub airports LAS, MCO and FLL. Given that and it’s size relative to DL’s other hubs, what role does SLC play in DL’s overall network? Passenger flow to/from small mountain, southwest and western towns/cities?

Jetport

Fri May 22, 2020 2:01 am

bob75013 wrote:
Jetport wrote:
bob75013 wrote:

Ski area attendance is primarily families not die hard skiers. You can see what's going to happen by looking at Timberline, Oregon. Yeah it's open now. Severe capacity limits. One person per chair on the lift. I'll be a wonderful experience that families will avoid like the plague. The vast majority of families won't show up

https://freeskier.com/stories/my-first- ... -shut-down

The experiment at Timberline is silly. Skiing, like air travel, bars, concerts, amusement parks, restaurants, etc. just wont work with social distancing. These industries will have to stay closed or let it rip, there really is no in between. Several airline CEO's have already stated this and they are correct.

questions

Fri May 22, 2020 2:05 am

global1 wrote:

If the funding stays in place and they feel confident about the long term market, it’s s good idea to accelerate.

LAX seems to have the most operational complexities while rebuilding T2-3. If DL can take advantage of fewer flights and passenger traffic and accelerate construction that would be great. The T3 rebuild would seem to benefit from having a temporary slowdown in traffic for the next two years.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos