Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Rdh3e

Re: DOT Grants tentative Approval to 15 US Airlines to Drop service to 75 airports

Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
Wow, how times have changed in Willston, ND New airport not even a year old and will soon be down to one airline with daily service. Part of the push for a new airport was due to increased growth.

Even ignoring COVID, WTI at $33 a barrel is bad news for western ND. Pretty sure their break even is usually around $55 a barrel.

It's not quite that simple. The breakeven depends on how much volume a well is producing and the relative expense of transportation from the well.

"With 2019–2020 wells having an average IP of ~800 b/d, this would equate to a WTI breakeven price of ~$45 for a newly drilled and completed well and ~$39 for an already drilled out DUC well, both well below the current price environment, as only ~15% of the DUC inventory if completed will be economic in a $30/b WTI environment."

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/mark ... ude-prices

SurfandSnow

Re: DOT Grants tentative Approval to 15 US Airlines to Drop service to 75 airports

Sat May 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Let's put it this way... who is willing to spend three or let's be realistic four figures to fly someplace like Aspen or Palm Springs this summer... only to get there and be faced with limited hotel, restaurant and local entertainment options? Most of the people that can afford to fly to and stay in those places to begin with are much older and probably very unlikely to step foot on a plane anytime soon.

I'm not even sure these communities want all kinds of people flying in right now anyways. These places are still accessible by air for local and essential travelers, which is probably the only air traffic those places want this summer anyhow. Isn't ASE in the midst of building a new terminal and expanding the airfield configuration to accept jets larger than the aging CR7s that currently fly there? Surely now is a great time to get as much of that work done as possible!
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

adamblang

Sat May 23, 2020 6:34 pm

par13del wrote:
ifIHadWings wrote:
It is interesting that Southwest evidently didn't apply for permission to drop any cities. I guess they are trying to share/show the "Luv" for all of their remaining service points, and I suppose they are the one airline with the largest cash reserves so they can most afford such a strategy.

It could also be that WN does not have partners performing routes with Regional Jets.

Southwest is only in large and medium markets (still generating passengers in a worthwhile quantity) with many daily flights (they can pare the schedule without exiting entirely).

Most (all?) of the drop applications are small markets with a small number of daily RJs. If Delta's flying two daily CRJs MSP-XWA at 20% load factors, there's no downgauge and no frequency reduction to make the market viable. It's fly empty planes or suspend the market.

Southwest's seeing the same passenger decline as everyone else but their business model is sufficiently different that they're not needing market exits right now.

SANFan

Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Looks like SY wants to drop PDX. If true, that comes as a surprise since I thought SunWorld was fooling around with the idea of growing Portland. Even though they seem to have recently cut some of the PDX routes, and the drop is temporary, to go all the way from Key or Focus city to complete drop is unexpected. (I guess tag-ons to/from SEA are also not on the table?0

bb

AZORMP

Sat May 23, 2020 6:49 pm

adamblang wrote:
par13del wrote:
ifIHadWings wrote:
It is interesting that Southwest evidently didn't apply for permission to drop any cities. I guess they are trying to share/show the "Luv" for all of their remaining service points, and I suppose they are the one airline with the largest cash reserves so they can most afford such a strategy.

It could also be that WN does not have partners performing routes with Regional Jets.

Southwest is only in large and medium markets (still generating passengers in a worthwhile quantity) with many daily flights (they can pare the schedule without exiting entirely).

Most (all?) of the drop applications are small markets with a small number of daily RJs. If Delta's flying two daily CRJs MSP-XWA at 20% load factors, there's no downgauge and no frequency reduction to make the market viable. It's fly empty planes or suspend the market.

Southwest's seeing the same passenger decline as everyone else but their business model is sufficiently different that they're not needing market exits right now.

Speaking on DL here: I honestly couldn’t tell you why they chose to drop FNT over LAN/AZO. Looking on the list, only 11 slots were available and DL got all 11. Both LAN and AZO were on the original list of nine filed a few weeks ago and while pax counts did pick up at AZO (slightly) over the last week, the one RJ2 a day is frequently cancel M/W/Sat and, on good authority, left yesterday empty. Why are they omitted on this list?

It’s no secret both markets got shot in the foot when DL realigned the schedules because there are almost no connections out of DTW in the mid-evening.

On the other end, WN seems to still be flying MDW, DEN, and BWI from GRR fairly regularly, supporting the notion that they are still serving fairly major markets, although the other routes like MCO, TPA, etc, have not and likely will not return this summer.

adamblang

Sat May 23, 2020 6:58 pm

AZORMP wrote:
Speaking on DL here: I honestly couldn’t tell you why they chose to drop FNT over LAN/AZO.

Conjecture here but maybe they figure most of the FNT passengers will drive to DTW. 60 minute drive from FNT to DTW, 90 minute drive from LAN to DTW, 120 minute drive from AZO to DTW.

NWAESC

Sat May 23, 2020 7:22 pm

Might've kept LAN for political reasons, and maybe secured some commitment of business travel ex-AZO? Just guesses.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

SANFan

Sat May 23, 2020 7:41 pm

My bad. Above, in my reply #54 in which I discussed SY perhaps dropping PDX, I wrote out "SunWorld" but of course meant "Sun Country." Sorry.

bb

FLL2go

Sat May 23, 2020 8:02 pm

This most recent DOT order only exempts airlines from the service requirements of the previous orders. It does not mean that the airlines will end their service to these stations. They can also use it to reduce frequency or just keep it as a contingency plan if there is a second wave of the virus or if local/regional restrictions are put in place that make travel by air infeasible.

AWACSooner

Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Sucks to be the airport manager at Worcester right now...

kavok

Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 pm

FLL2go wrote:
This most recent DOT order only exempts airlines from the service requirements of the previous orders. It does not mean that the airlines will end their service to these stations. They can also use it to reduce frequency or just keep it as a contingency plan if there is a second wave of the virus or if local/regional restrictions are put in place that make travel by air infeasible.

True. But for the legacies and even much of the LCCs, this list is very much of a “where do you not want to have to fly for the next 4 months”. I suspect many of these will not return in the fall, especially if they are not a sun/ski/leisure destination.

NWADTWE16

Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Surprised at a few things, why SRQ for B6? Florida routes have been staying in high demand, and what has been left once schedules were paired down, goes out full. the TPA/SRQ/RSW corridor is in the top 10 fastest growing counties for the past few years. Transplants are high from B6 territory and yes TPA is near so is RSW on the south end, but when you live here, you realize they are not at all ideal, and enough traffic "was" going thru each airport to justify service to all. B6 served LGA/JFK/EWR & BOS from SRQ and their TPA numbers were worse than SRQ, so this is a head scratcher.

Whoever made that rediculous comment about Delta putting up RSW, you knew you were rediculous yet you said it anyway. Thats a very busy station, coming in after MCO/FLL/TPA/MIA in the state, and probably rivaling TPA & MIA at times (i'd need to check recent numbers).
As mentioned, with the paring down of the schedules EVERYWHERE, RSW was cut back, like EVERYWHERE else. What remained is stifled to 60% capacity, like everywhere else, and is full EVERY DAY. In June departures are set to double at a minimum. Fares have already doubled, which we shall see whether this tamps demand or not but that "experiment" is happening across the country.

I think ASE is a desired cut for carriers, not because of demand, but because the airport is just not a good functioning airport, and leads to higher than average delays and cancellations. Absolute shocker on St.Thomas, 4 airlines asked to cut it and were approved. Has the island just died? It definetely will be in horrible shape now, and a monster Hurricane season coming.

just wow....
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

AZORMP

Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Might've kept LAN for political reasons, and maybe secured some commitment of business travel ex-AZO? Just guesses.

That was my guess as well, considering AZO’s primary customer base for DL is business-related travel from Stryker, Pfizer, and Kellogg.

I also think that PPP money may have played a part too. FNT agents qualify. I don’t believe DGS/Unifi took any of the PPP funds, or at least if they did, they haven’t told their employees.

Q

Sat May 23, 2020 9:17 pm

I'm sure they will return many cities back within next year or 2.

Q

jetblueguy22

Sat May 23, 2020 9:20 pm

AZORMP wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
GatorClark wrote:
I'm truly shocked DL didn't try to cut RSW. Maybe I just don't know a lot about the inner workings of the airline industry (ok, there's about a 98% chance I don't know all the thoughts going into these cuts). Tampa is 1.5-2 hour drive north, PBI is 2.5 hours east, and MIA/FLL are 2 hours southeast. I watched first hand from the ramp as we went from 33 flights per day with multiple daily flights to ATL, MSP, DTW, LGA, & BOS (seasonal as well as JFK but JFK is only daily). We are now down to just 4 flights a day, 2x daily ATL, 1x daily MSP & DTW, and it happened all within about a 2 week period. Again I'm just a ramp rat.. I don't know all the managerial decisions that go on in Atlanta.

Look at the airports they’re suspending service to. I bet with the exception of maybe a token 1x daily mainline flight they’re all RJ stations.

FNT is a mainline station, 1x 738 and 2x 9E RJ9 departures a day before the pandemic.

So just like I said, an RJ station with a token 1x daily mainline flight
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

jetblueguy22

Sat May 23, 2020 9:23 pm

AWACSooner wrote:

Can’t be surprised. Worcester flights are to keep Massport happy more than anything else
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

deltairlines

Sat May 23, 2020 9:43 pm

NWADTWE16 wrote:
Surprised at a few things, why SRQ for B6? Florida routes have been staying in high demand, and what has been left once schedules were paired down, goes out full. the TPA/SRQ/RSW corridor is in the top 10 fastest growing counties for the past few years. Transplants are high from B6 territory and yes TPA is near so is RSW on the south end, but when you live here, you realize they are not at all ideal, and enough traffic "was" going thru each airport to justify service to all. B6 served LGA/JFK/EWR & BOS from SRQ and their TPA numbers were worse than SRQ, so this is a head scratcher.

SRQ tends to slow down for service in the summer. I remember until Frontier and Allegiant showed up, summer service just a couple of years ago was Delta to Atlanta and an RJ to LaGuardia, American to Charlotte and a daily DCA flight and JetBlue to JFK and BOS.

Right now, B6 was serving SRQ only from BOS and JFK. Well - Florida still has the 14 day quarantine on people coming from New York. That will deter a lot of people from that area coming. BOS is also getting hit pretty hard right now as well.

As you said, TPA and RSW are easy enough options. I'm in Lakewood Ranch right now - from my house here, it takes me 55 minutes to get to TPA and about 25 minutes to get to SRQ (without any traffic - University can be bad if I take that, if I go 70 to 301 I get hit with construction at I-75). 30 minutes more is annoying, but it's not the end of the world, especially given that even in a full schedule, if I was going to NYC, I had a lot more options out of TPA. When I was going to ATL though, I'd normally just use SRQ since they had enough flights to ATL.

RWA380

Sat May 23, 2020 10:00 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Nothing should surprise me anymore, but SY suspending MSN was not one I expected. They had some pretty big plans for the summer, W/ nonstops to EWR, BOS, BNA, PDX and more.

They also suspended PDX, which had a F/A domicile & n/s service to a dozen or so cities last summer.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

slcdeltarumd11

Sun May 24, 2020 7:07 am

Is silver stopping key West service? I think delta is too even though I didn't see it listed

SteveXC500

Sun May 24, 2020 2:33 pm

flyinggoat wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
University of Nebraska.
No foriegn students, no meetings or conferences, no big attended sporting events, no reason to service Lincoln with OMA just down the road.

Yeah, I'm not surprised to see LNK go, it's just a bummer to see it happen. I've done the trip from OMA to Lincoln a few times too.

Exactly why though...OMA is close

Dieuwer

Sun May 24, 2020 5:22 pm

I assume this means that the Essential Air Service (EAS) program is dead.

kavok

Sun May 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Quite the opposite. This situation could result in some permanent closure of some stations by all airlines after Oct 1, resulting in politicos demanding their now closed airport get EAS. If anything, this could potentially expand EAS.

FLALEFTY

Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Is silver stopping key West service? I think delta is too even though I didn't see it listed

Delta still has two B73G flights a day on the EYW-ATL route.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KEYW

What is really interesting is that AA had Republic and Envoy suspend their MIA services on May 1st for 30 days. This has temporarily(?) severed the historic passenger link between MIA and EYW. Currently, the only flights between the two cities are cargo-only flown by Ameriflight's Metroliners. Also, with Silver dropping EYW, service to FLL has been lost, too. While these MIA/FLL routes are short, they are vital to EYW and the Lower Keys as an alternative to the long, grueling drive down US 1.

flyinggoat

Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 pm

SteveXC500 wrote:

See post #6. Nostalgia mostly, I suppose. Although, flying into LNK beats driving to OMA and back, especially if you don't want to rent a car or ask friends for ride to OMA and back. Same could be said for many other secondary airports (like FAY, which is one I fly into many times even though RDU is 1.5 hours away. Or PAE, even though SEA is an hour up the road, etc, etc.).

joeblow10

Sun May 24, 2020 7:11 pm

kavok wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Quite the opposite. This situation could result in some permanent closure of some stations by all airlines after Oct 1, resulting in politicos demanding their now closed airport get EAS. If anything, this could potentially expand EAS.

Exactly. Not to mention, the DOT originally forbid any cuts to EAS frequencies. That guidance later change, allowing carriers to consolidate cities (i.e. milk runs like DEN-CNY-VEL) or reduce frequencies (i.e. MSP-ABR/BJI). But carriers still couldn’t cut the cities.

You might see a higher requested subsidy once the contract comes up for bid again - but highly doubt the EAS program shrinks. I know OO has successfully picked up a lot more EAS flying but at thinner margins, so wouldn’t be surprised to either see them back off or request more money. I’m guessing most communities would rather see a CR2 at higher cost than turboprop service on someone else, but who knows

kavok

Sun May 24, 2020 7:52 pm

AZORMP wrote:
adamblang wrote:
par13del wrote:

Speaking on DL here: I honestly couldn’t tell you why they chose to drop FNT over LAN/AZO. Looking on the list, only 11 slots were available and DL got all 11. Both LAN and AZO were on the original list of nine filed a few weeks ago and while pax counts did pick up at AZO (slightly) over the last week, the one RJ2 a day is frequently cancel M/W/Sat and, on good authority, left yesterday empty. Why are they omitted on this list?

My guess is that it comes down to one of three reasons (or combination there of):
1. It is a lot cheaper to fly a half empty CRJ between DTW and AZO/LAN than the longer distance FNT-ATL.
2. The economies in AZO and LAN are much healthier than FNT, and thus pax may return more quickly there.
3. DL just might have wanted to permanently close FNT for a while, but closing an in-house station is tougher to justify than a DGS station. The COVID situation allows DL to blame the virus, as opposed to taking a hit politically in closing an in-house station based in a minority community.

SteveXC500

Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 am

flyinggoat wrote:
SteveXC500 wrote:

See post #6. Nostalgia mostly, I suppose. Although, flying into LNK beats driving to OMA and back, especially if you don't want to rent a car or ask friends for ride to OMA and back. Same could be said for many other secondary airports (like FAY, which is one I fly into many times even though RDU is 1.5 hours away. Or PAE, even though SEA is an hour up the road, etc, etc.).

I’ve done it as well, flying from OMA instead of LNK to MSP. 45 minute drive is what can make it worth it. More choice at OMA if you don’t want to connect in MSP, ORD, or DEN

DLASFlyer

Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
Wow, Aspen losing two of its three airlines.

In general a big hit to the Colorado ski towns.

I live in Jackson Hole and was surprised to see no one try to drop JAC. We have fared well so far. Delta is adding a second daily flight in June, another in July and going to 8x daily from five cities in August.

dstblj52

Mon May 25, 2020 10:22 pm

joeblow10 wrote:
kavok wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

Exactly. Not to mention, the DOT originally forbid any cuts to EAS frequencies. That guidance later change, allowing carriers to consolidate cities (i.e. milk runs like DEN-CNY-VEL) or reduce frequencies (i.e. MSP-ABR/BJI). But carriers still couldn’t cut the cities.

You might see a higher requested subsidy once the contract comes up for bid again - but highly doubt the EAS program shrinks. I know OO has successfully picked up a lot more EAS flying but at thinner margins, so wouldn’t be surprised to either see them back off or request more money. I’m guessing most communities would rather see a CR2 at a higher cost than turboprop service on someone else, but who knows

I would expect most ESA flights to stick around simply because until October all the people still have to be paid and the airline still has the aircraft, so unless the cost of the fuel and additional maintenance exceed the amount of money that gets paid out per flight in subsidy it makes sense to run the route from a maximizing cash perspective.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue May 26, 2020 2:40 pm

I expect that DL won't pull out of FNT long-term. The market does better with south flying during winter / spring break / cruise travel, whenever than all eventually returns.
I doubt they will leave completely if AA and UA stay in the market, particularly is AA continues to fly FNT-CLT.

Also, helps when they periodically have to send DTW diversions up to FNT during weather events for it to be an on-line station,.

greenair727

Tue May 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:
Alaska dropping CMH is a bit of a surprise

Perhaps AS found a graceful exit to a mistakenly-added route. I was surprised they added CMH over CLE which is a bigger market with greater demand to SEA. Maybe they wanted to enter Ohio but couldn't get a gate at CLE? Not sure what their reasons were.

deltairlines

Tue May 26, 2020 3:40 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
I expect that DL won't pull out of FNT long-term. The market does better with south flying during winter / spring break / cruise travel, whenever than all eventually returns.
I doubt they will leave completely if AA and UA stay in the market, particularly is AA continues to fly FNT-CLT.

Also, helps when they periodically have to send DTW diversions up to FNT during weather events for it to be an on-line station,.

Delta has plenty of on-line stations around DTW that can easily handle diversions, so I don't think that would be enough to keep it. CLE, GRR, MBS, LAN can all handle diversions just fine, with CLE and GRR should be able to handle up to the A350s.

ScottB

Tue May 26, 2020 4:39 pm

AWACSooner wrote:

Not really as big a deal as you might think. Massport runs the airport and pretty much all service at ORH in recent years has been a political favor. If anything the near complete collapse of revenue from parking, concessions, and rental car fees at BOS is going to be much higher on their list of problems.

NWADTWE16 wrote:
why SRQ for B6? Florida routes have been staying in high demand, and what has been left once schedules were paired down, goes out full. the TPA/SRQ/RSW corridor is in the top 10 fastest growing counties for the past few years. Transplants are high from B6 territory and yes TPA is near so is RSW on the south end, but when you live here, you realize they are not at all ideal, and enough traffic "was" going thru each airport to justify service to all. B6 served LGA/JFK/EWR & BOS from SRQ and their TPA numbers were worse than SRQ, so this is a head scratcher.

There's still a quarantine in effect for travelers from NY/NJ/CT to Florida and demand to SRQ is weak in the summer to begin with. The network an airline can feasibly operate when demand is down by 90% is different than the one they'd operate when demand is down by 10%.

SANFan wrote:
Looks like SY wants to drop PDX. If true, that comes as a surprise since I thought SunWorld was fooling around with the idea of growing Portland. Even though they seem to have recently cut some of the PDX routes, and the drop is temporary, to go all the way from Key or Focus city to complete drop is unexpected.

Um, you do realize that the choices SY faces right now are about keeping the lights on rather than future growth prospects?

ifIHadWings wrote:

I was also surprised that WN didn't ask to drop any markets, but then again no current WN market is in the new list of airports which the big 3 may drop now, either.

Insertnamehere

Tue May 26, 2020 5:07 pm

greenair727 wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

Perhaps AS found a graceful exit to a mistakenly-added route. I was surprised they added CMH over CLE which is a bigger market with greater demand to SEA. Maybe they wanted to enter Ohio but couldn't get a gate at CLE? Not sure what their reasons were.

Columbus has a quite large business market with many large companies headquartered there or with large presences in the area. It was also partly added because Columbus I believe was the short list on Amazon's HQ2 back when that was running. Columbus has been experiencing a boom in population as many people from elsewhere in the state move to the area.

Albeit this is some bias as I have family in Central Ohio and regularly travel there for work and pleasure.

EA CO AS

Tue May 26, 2020 5:17 pm

greenair727 wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

It’s important to note that just because airlines asked for permission doesn’t mean those cities are actually being dropped. It’s just the RM/planning folks saying IF we eventually wanted to or needed to drop cities, here are the ones we’d consider.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

DeltaRules

Wed May 27, 2020 1:24 am

Insertnamehere wrote:
greenair727 wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:

Columbus has a quite large business market with many large companies headquartered there or with large presences in the area. It was also partly added because Columbus I believe was the short list on Amazon's HQ2 back when that was running. Columbus has been experiencing a boom in population as many people from elsewhere in the state move to the area.

Albeit this is some bias as I have family in Central Ohio and regularly travel there for work and pleasure.

CMH-SEA ran with a 90%+ LF all last Summer. They even had one month (July?) where the LF was an obscene 97%. There was set to be a seasonal second daily AS flight to start this summer AND DL had even announced CMH-SEA on an A220 which was to start in a couple weeks.

I think the market's there, it was just a matter of somebody tapping into it. AS jumped out of line first and made it work, which was why it was surprising to me it was on the list.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

MIflyer12

Wed May 27, 2020 1:36 am

DeltaRules wrote:
I think the market's there...

I think the summer market's there when Alaska cruises are operating at normal levels. That's not going to happen this year.

DeltaRules

Wed May 27, 2020 1:50 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
I think the market's there...

I think the summer market's there when Alaska cruises are operating at normal levels. That's not going to happen this year.

92.1% LF in December.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

keithvh2001

Wed May 27, 2020 3:41 am

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

Delta dropping out of FNT, even for the short-term, was surprising to me. There is a south-flying leisure market, as you noted, and it also works for some business travelers, going to the various markets that have flights from ATL but not DTW. There are, of course, a decent amount of folks in Northern Oakland County that are a closer drive to FNT than DTW.

I was surprised Delta's solution, until the crisis passes, wasn't to just add FNT to the middle of some route. DTW-FNT-(fill in the blank small market in Northern Michigan, be it Alpena, Pellston, the Soo, etc).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos