Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl

Re: Updated: LATAM files for Bankruptcy

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:49 pm

US bankruptcy judge rejected a proposed US$2.4 billion DIP financing plan for the carrier on the grounds that a convertible loan included as part of the package would amount to “improper” treatment of other shareholders.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-latam ... KKBN2613J7
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TYWoolman

Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:43 pm

So does the rejected reorganization plan put future Delta skin in the game at risk, I wonder (?)

MIflyer12

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:00 pm

LATAM will file another reorg plan.

I have to wonder how often under current law DIP financing has been rejected for unfair treatment, at least for firms this size? This isn't time for amateur hour.

n9801f

Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:24 am

MIflyer12 wrote:

I have to wonder how often under current law DIP financing has been rejected for unfair treatment, at least for firms this size? This isn't time for amateur hour.

A fairer question might be how often bankrupt firms tried to put a similar provision into a DIP loan.

The provision seems to short-circuit some of the matters yet to be decided by the court.

Sounds like a well considered ruling to me.

vhtje

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:04 am

MIflyer12 wrote:

Why do you use the term “amateur hour”? Several key creditors raised concerns about the plan. I do not know what those concerns were, but if “several”creditors were unhappy with the proposed plan, that suggests to me the concerns must have been legitimate.

The court’s responsibility is to listen to all viewpoints from different interest parties before making judgements. It seems to me, the court did its job.

Unless you know something we do not?
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

Polot

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:54 am

vhtje wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Why do you use the term “amateur hour”? Several key creditors raised concerns about the plan. I do not know what those concerns were, but if “several”creditors were unhappy with the proposed plan, that suggests to me the concerns must have been legitimate.

The court’s responsibility is to listen to all viewpoints from different interest parties before making judgements. It seems to me, the court did its job.

I think he was referring to the people drawing up the DIP funding/Plan with his “amateur hour” comment, not the court.

Boof02671

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:33 pm

A DIP is not the POR and DL already wrote off it’s investment/ownership

vhtje

Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:52 am

Polot wrote:
vhtje wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I think he was referring to the people drawing up the DIP funding/Plan with his “amateur hour” comment, not the court.

Duh. Of course he was. How very stupid of me. Thank you for pointing out my error. Apologies to MIflyer12.
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

mercure1

Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm

LATAM will seek to reject 23 additional aircraft leases.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiCfpvEWsAY ... name=small
mercure f-wtcc

danipawa

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 am

well...36 first, now this

MIflyer12

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:40 pm

The court approved the refiled reorg plan.

SANTIAGO (Reuters) - LATAM Airlines LTM.SN on Friday said it had obtained approval on its second try of a crucial $2.45 billion bankruptcy loan to take the airline out of Chapter 11 restructuring, after having its first package rejected by a judge last week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lata ... 692YG?il=0

TropicalSky

Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:22 pm

behind wall...but article says they got approved
https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/n ... 51.article

lightsaber

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:21 pm

danipawa wrote:

I'm being lazy and summing up all LATAM aircraft off Wikipedia. 361 today. Shrinking by 59 is minor. I could understand twice that.

What I don't understand us the debtor in possession dance.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

Boof02671

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:46 pm

lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

I'm being lazy and summing up all LATAM aircraft off Wikipedia. 361 today. Shrinking by 59 is minor. I could understand twice that.

Lightsaber

More accurate fleet

https://www.airfleets.net/recherche/?ke ... sponly=opp

lightsaber

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Lightsaber

More accurate fleet

https://www.airfleets.net/recherche/?ke ... sponly=opp

I like airfleets. Do realize they have a bit of a delay, I'll agree, better than Wikipedia. But overall, the cuts are not more than I expected.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

MIflyer12

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:41 pm

lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Lightsaber

You don't understand what DIP is, or, like me, you were surprised that LATAM's lawyers and financiers first led them down a path that wouldn't be approved?

lightsaber

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Lightsaber

You don't understand what DIP is, or, like me, you were surprised that LATAM's lawyers and financiers first led them down a path that wouldn't be approved?

The path. I get DIP. It us a serious process that normally follows a boring and predictable pattern. Thus isn't a time to play games. If DIP is poorly setup, that can end a company; usually DIP us setup without controversy, secured by certain assets that didn't have a prior lien with no favorites.

Doing anything else means returning to the starting line with a couple months worth if losses.

My advice to LATAM: The time to try and be a brilliant manager is not when you file bankruptcy.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.

MIflyer12

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Maybe some HBS or Wharton professor could identify some fraction of Ch 11 reorg plans that have been delayed due to discriminatory DIP arrangements. (I don't have the idea it's common to very large firms.)

Like I said, it was predictable they would refile and eventually get approved. Cleary Gottlieb is their counsel - not their first time at the rodeo.

Boof02671

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
behind wall...but article says they got approved
https://www.flightglobal.com/strategy/n ... 51.article

A new DIP plan hasn’t been approved. They filed a motion for a new plan to be approved and the hearing isn’t till 10/5/2020

https://t.co/Uzv4EtcyCD?amp=1

mercure1

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:33 pm

LATAM is considering transferring its Brazil passenger operations to its ASBA Cargo subsidiary AOC to reduce payroll costs.

https://www.aeroflap.com.br/absa-cargo- ... am-brasil/

In meeting with unions, LATAM said it needed 20 percent reduction in payroll. It also seeks to modify the model for seniority and equipment pay and compensation for food and meal vouchers in addition to salary allowances.
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:17 am

Talk continuing.
Pilots union seeking guarantee LATAM won't set up a lower cost ulterior airline in Brazil and also ensure flights from Brazil staffed by Brazilian crews. Apparently LATAM uses Chilean crews on some Brazil routes like GRU-JFK and GRU-MAD currently.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/10/26/neg ... s-advance/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos