Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
mercure1
Topic Author
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 3:21 pm

A little good news for OEMs during this period.

Congo Airways have converted the firm order made in December 2019 for two E175 aircraft, with purchase rights for two more, into a firm order for two E190-E2 jets, with purchase rights for a further two. The new deal has a total value of USD 256 million at current list prices with all purchase rights exercised, and will be included in Embraer’s second quarter backlog.

https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... 90-e2-jets

Image
mercure f-wtcc
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20278
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 7:00 pm

This is good news for Embraer and the E2-190. It does imply a delivery delay.

From the OP link;
"Deliveries are expected to begin in the second quarter of 2022. "

In my opinion a good timeline. With the Azul deferrals, there will be open production slots


Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
T4thH
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Sorry to say, but....this is more a cancellation than an order.

They have had ordered 2 E175 firm with two purchase rights last year and Congo Airlines was in serious discussing with Embraer for an additional order of two E190/195 E2 + 2 additional purchase rights for E190/195 E2.
Source in German: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/congo-airways-hat-lust-auf-embraer-e2-jets

Now they have performed a swap of the existing E175 + 2 purchase rights order to an order of two E190/195E2 and 2 purchase rights and additional, the delivery of the E2 have been deferred to a later time (the E175 should have been delivered in fall 2020, so a deferral of 1.5 years). regular, the E175 parts shall have been already delivered to Embraer if the jet shall have been completed in fall 2020....
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 7:34 pm

T4thH wrote:
Sorry to say, but....this is more a cancellation than an order.

They have had ordered 2 E175 firm with two purchase rights last year and Congo Airlines was in serious discussing with Embraer for an additional order of two E190/195 E2 + 2 additional purchase rights for E190/195 E2.
Source in German: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/congo-airways-hat-lust-auf-embraer-e2-jets

Now they have performed a swap of the existing E175 + 2 purchase rights order to an order of two E190/195E2 and 2 purchase rights and additional, the delivery of the E2 have been deferred to a later time (the E175 should have been delivered in fall 2020, so a deferral of 1.5 years). regular, the E175 parts shall have been already delivered to Embraer if the jet shall have been completed in fall 2020....


An order is an order !
With Covid drama this is good news.
 
T4thH
Posts: 1084
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 8:00 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:
Sorry to say, but....this is more a cancellation than an order.

They have had ordered 2 E175 firm with two purchase rights last year and Congo Airlines was in serious discussing with Embraer for an additional order of two E190/195 E2 + 2 additional purchase rights for E190/195 E2.
Source in German: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/congo-airways-hat-lust-auf-embraer-e2-jets

Now they have performed a swap of the existing E175 + 2 purchase rights order to an order of two E190/195E2 and 2 purchase rights and additional, the delivery of the E2 have been deferred to a later time (the E175 should have been delivered in fall 2020, so a deferral of 1.5 years). regular, the E175 parts shall have been already delivered to Embraer if the jet shall have been completed in fall 2020....


An order is an order !
With Covid drama this is good news.

Sorry, it is a swap of an existing and firmed order. Yes, it is a swap to a higher value program and this is good. But still, a firmed order has been cancelled for a new order, which is additional deferred.

For a new order, it is fine to make a party, but not for a swap and a deferral, especially when the swap comes so late, that the parts for the jets are likely already delivered to Enbraer.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 8:12 pm

T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:
Sorry to say, but....this is more a cancellation than an order.

They have had ordered 2 E175 firm with two purchase rights last year and Congo Airlines was in serious discussing with Embraer for an additional order of two E190/195 E2 + 2 additional purchase rights for E190/195 E2.
Source in German: https://www.aerotelegraph.com/congo-airways-hat-lust-auf-embraer-e2-jets

Now they have performed a swap of the existing E175 + 2 purchase rights order to an order of two E190/195E2 and 2 purchase rights and additional, the delivery of the E2 have been deferred to a later time (the E175 should have been delivered in fall 2020, so a deferral of 1.5 years). regular, the E175 parts shall have been already delivered to Embraer if the jet shall have been completed in fall 2020....


An order is an order !
With Covid drama this is good news.

Sorry, it is a swap of an existing and firmed order. Yes, it is a swap to a higher value program and this is good. But still, a firmed order has been cancelled for a new order, which is additional deferred.

For a new order, it is fine to make a party, but not for a swap and a deferral, especially when the swap comes so late, that the parts for the jets are likely already delivered to Enbraer.


One can see the glass half full.
We see it almost full.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 677
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 pm

To make it clear:

December 10th., 2019:
Source:
https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... -e175-jets

Excerpt:
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, December 10th, 2019 –
Embraer and Congo Airways have signed a firm order for two E175 aircraft, with purchase rights for a further two. The deal has a total value of USD 194.4 million at current list prices with all purchase rights exercised, and will be added to Embraer’s 2019 fourth quarter backlog.


May 26th., 2020:
Source:
https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug ... 90-e2-jets
Excerpt:
São José dos Campos, Brazil, May 26th, 2020 – Congo Airways have converted the firm order made in December 2019 for two E175 aircraft, with purchase rights for two more, into a firm order for two E190-E2 jets, with purchase rights for a further two. The new deal has a total value of USD 256 million at current list prices with all purchase rights exercised, and will be included in Embraer’s second quarter backlog.
 
SEU
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 pm

Here's to many more E2's to come!
 
qm001
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:25 am

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Wed May 27, 2020 11:13 am

$256 Million for two E190-E2's seems ALOT! Even if this includes the four, it seems very over priced! How was this a good deal?
I wish there was still a flying boat service on the African Lakes!
 
Someone83
Posts: 4904
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Congo Airways orders 2 E190 E2

Wed May 27, 2020 11:58 am

qm001 wrote:
$256 Million for two E190-E2's seems ALOT! Even if this includes the four, it seems very over priced! How was this a good deal?


That is the list price for 4 E2s, and is more or less irrelevant, as "no one" pays full price for an aircraft.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos