Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rj777
Topic Author

Midwest wins lawsuit against Elite, continues comeback plans

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:29 am

Behind a paywall, but from the headline and the first few sentences say it all. Midwest won $150,000 in the lawsuit against Elite. They still plan on coming back. We'll see what happens:
https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/n ... aunch.html
Last edited by rj777 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

enilria

Re: Midwest wins lawsuit against Elite, continues comeback plans

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 am

$150k, not $150 million. Lol. Nothing.

727LOVER

Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:53 am

It shall never be........
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

cougar15

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:57 am

727LOVER wrote:

you can get one or 2 of those for a $150K these days.....!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

F27500

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 am

727LOVER wrote:

CRJ200 is the Shorts of our era.

airtran737

Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:41 am

It’s an idiotic pipe dream in an economic time where a 50 seat CRJ isn’t competitive and is doomed to fail.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

jbooser

Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Another airline going down before it gets off the ground. Wasn't the last airline in the United States to start up with a fleet of CRJ's Independence Air?

Boof02671

Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:53 pm

jbooser wrote:
Another airline going down before it gets off the ground. Wasn't the last airline in the United States to start up with a fleet of CRJ's Independence Air?

Wasn’t a start up. They were Atlantic Coast Airlines before. When they lost the UA contract they changed their name and became a regular airline instead of a feeder

kiowa

Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 pm

Ahhh the bubble-jets.

ILNFlyer

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

fat chance in the current environment.

UWPAviation

Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:04 pm

As a Wisconsinite and someone who misses Midwest every time I fly at MKE. This "project" will never happen and is doomed to fail.

kiowa

Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:14 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
As a Wisconsinite and someone who misses Midwest every time I fly at MKE. This "project" will never happen and is doomed to fail.

I too miss Midwest airlines. When Milwaukee lost a quality carrier I moved my business to O’Hare. It was my only option.

Italianflyer

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:57 pm

Bunch of MD80/90 fam planes sitting around Haha.

Seriously....the brand had a good run. Please let it be.

strfyr51

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:18 pm

jbooser wrote:

they were Atlantic Coast before than flying United Express, Until they Bolted and tried to stab united in the Back. They had a lot of slots up and down the eastern Seaboard out of IAD and thought the slots belonged to them because they were flying them. When United took Back their slots? They weren't quite so cocky.
Hence they went independent. And? They Failed Independent! They even tried to come back to the fold as Atlantic Coast but they wanted to come back with their A319's but ALPA wasn't having any of that.. So? they're in the wind. Shame too, They were a pretty good Airline.

strfyr51

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
jbooser wrote:

Wasn’t a start up. They were Atlantic Coast Airlines before. When they lost the UA contract they changed their name and became a regular airline instead of a feeder

They didn't Lose the contract. They Quit the contract!

Boof02671

Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:48 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
jbooser wrote:

they were Atlantic Coast before than flying United Express, Until they Bolted and tried to stab united in the Back. They had a lot of slots up and down the eastern Seaboard out of IAD and thought the slots belonged to them because they were flying them. When United took Back their slots? They weren't quite so cocky.
Hence they went independent. And? They Failed Independent! They even tried to come back to the fold as Atlantic Coast but they wanted to come back with their A319's but ALPA wasn't having any of that.. So? they're in the wind. Shame too, They were a pretty good Airline.

Slot controlled airports then were only DCA, LGA, JFK and EWR

strfyr51

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
jbooser wrote:

Slot controlled airports then were only DCA, LGA, JFK and EWR

It wasn't just to slot controlled airports, I think they flew 17x per day into ORD as well. Those slots were United's slots.. They flew to BOS as well and those were United slots in the Prime times to Arrive and Depart just like into ORD, That's what they lost not just the slots but the attractive Prime time operating slots that didn't belong TO them, Aside from Having no gates upon which to park as there Was no regional terminal to speak of at any of those airports.

nws2002

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:02 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
jbooser wrote:

They didn't Lose the contract. They Quit the contract!

That's not exactly how it went down. UA wanted to make substantial changes to the contract. DH did not accept the revised rates and walked away. I worked for DH at the time this was all going on and when they changed over to Independence Air.

commpilot

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:03 pm

727LOVER wrote:

It never was.......

UWPAviation

Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:46 pm

kiowa wrote:
UWPAviation wrote:

I too miss Midwest airlines. When Milwaukee lost a quality carrier I moved my business to O’Hare. It was my only option.

I'm all WN and DL now. If I can't get direct on WN I see what connections DL has out of MKE to where I am going. If the connection times suck, then I go to ORD. For the most part, we can get to any major city and most leisure destinations. The problem comes in with international and medium/smaller markets, and also flight schedules.

kiowa

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:13 pm

UWPAviation wrote:
kiowa wrote:
UWPAviation wrote:

I'm all WN and DL now. If I can't get direct on WN I see what connections DL has out of MKE to where I am going. If the connection times suck, then I go to ORD. For the most part, we can get to any major city and most leisure destinations. The problem comes in with international and medium/smaller markets, and also flight schedules.

I prefer United and AA over Delta and I will not fly Southwest again. Hence the drive to ORD.

usxguy

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Better question is, will Elite pay? Can they pay?
xx

drdisque

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm

I'm guessing they'll end up a creditor in Elite's impending bankruptcy.

It's hard to know if Elite can survive the downtown by parking everything and trying to weather the storm. It depends if demand for RJ charters pick up any time soon (basically if there's going to be a 2020-2021 NCAA Basketball season). AFAIK, all their airworthy planes are being stored up at their maintenance base in Maine.

mke717spotter

Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:22 pm

I have to say I'm fairly surprised they're still trudging forward. First they kept delaying their start, then the problem with Elite came up, and once the whole COVID-19 situation flared up I figured that would probably be the final nail in the coffin. Though maybe they would have had more of a mess on their hands if they had actually commenced operations just before the virus hit? Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that they hadn't managed to get off the ground yet.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos