Should have happened 20 years ago haha

JFKalumni

Re: New LGA Terminal Opens

Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:52 pm

jfklganyc wrote:

I thought there was a thread on this already but it looks like it was deleted

Big day for LGA with the new Headhouse.

Beautiful new terminal but unfortunately it doesn’t help with the daily 3-6 hour delays from flow control. At least the passengers will have nice restaurants.

william

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 pm

A terminal that finally matches New York CIty's stature.

william

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Sorry, double post.............Hey Mods , why can't we delete our own posts?

Insertnamehere

Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Does anyone know if the American Express centurion lounge is going to be moved, and/or when?

FromGSPtoChi

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:36 pm

LaGuardia Airport just took the wraps off its newest terminal building designed to help revolutionize New York's worst airport — take a closer look

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laguardia-ai ... 46098.html

HeeseokKoo

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:
Does anyone know if the American Express centurion lounge is going to be moved, and/or when?

The exact new location is available here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-amex- ... ounge-lga/
No update on when it will open, though.

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:14 pm

JFKalumni wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

Beautiful new terminal but unfortunately it doesn’t help with the daily 3-6 hour delays from flow control. At least the passengers will have nice restaurants.

1. They dont have daily GDPs. Not even close.

2. They rarely exceed 3 hours and the only NY area airport that remotely gets close to 6 hours with any regularity is JFK on 13L.

maps4ltd

Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Shame it won't see a ton of passengers initially...I'm sure even the old B terminal isn't/wasn't a crowded hellhole now.
Delta Gold Medallion

apodino

Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:58 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

2. They rarely exceed 3 hours and the only NY area airport that remotely gets close to 6 hours with any regularity is JFK on 13L.

Well with demand way down of course these days they don't have daily GDP's. That being said, LGA only has two optimal configurations, and if you have to deviate from them, you are looking at a GDP. Another complication is JFK and to a lesser extent EWR also determine which config LGA is on. Then the question becomes, which airport do you screw over with delays.

When demand picks back up to normal, you will see GDP's more often than not in LGA.

smi0006

Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:00 am

Looks amazing, beautiful.

Looking at the photos - Can I ask though, why American carriers don’t use automated bag drops? They seem to have an odd two step process of checkin looks then head to a counter with an agent? Would be a labour saving not to mention normal in a state of the art terminal

jfklganyc
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 am

apodino wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:

Well with demand way down of course these days they don't have daily GDP's. That being said, LGA only has two optimal configurations, and if you have to deviate from them, you are looking at a GDP. Another complication is JFK and to a lesser extent EWR also determine which config LGA is on. Then the question becomes, which airport do you screw over with delays.

When demand picks back up to normal, you will see GDP's more often than not in LGA.[/quote

Yes, but not 3-6 hour delays.

I don’t think I can ever recall a six hour GDP to LaGuardia.

JFKalumni

Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:31 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
apodino wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

When demand picks back up to normal, you will see GDP's more often than not in LGA.[/quote

I have, that’s why I said so.

Severe irrops with flights ORD/IAD/CLE-LGA being held for hours

bigb

Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:00 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
apodino wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

It’s common for LGA to see lengthy GDPs. Maybe 3 hours is tad be high, bu I have seen 90 minutes plus on GDPs going into LGA. I speak from experience of various EDCTs I have received going into LGA.

twaconnie

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:13 am

smi0006 wrote:

Looking at the photos - Can I ask though, why American carriers don’t use automated bag drops? They seem to have an odd two step process of checkin looks then head to a counter with an agent? Would be a labour saving not to mention normal in a state of the art terminal

Maybe they do this to weigh bags so they can charge extra for over 50lbs just guessing.

nws2002

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:07 pm

smi0006 wrote:

Spirit has automated bag drop at LGA. Many ticket counters and gates in the US are exclusive use to a single airline. So it is up to the airline if they want to invest in the technology to accomplish this.

foxecho

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:26 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
apodino wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

I will respectfully Disagree, I worked in SYR for 9 years and routinely had 4-6 hour delays to LGA and to JFK on those same baaaaad days. USAir people were laughing at us when we took over the LGA slots. I almost quit on the spot.

I'm glad I'm out of the Northeast and all the GDPs...

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI/SYR/ABQ/
..uh, we'll need that to live......

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos