Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
marcogr12
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Ιt will also prove challenging to sustain E195s on their very short domestic market
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
Ιt will also prove challenging to sustain E195s on their very short domestic market


I think most of those will be transferred to the trains. I am more curious to see how Budapest and Prague will perform. I don't know if they get some subsidies for Kosice otherwise that one might be challenging as well.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:23 pm

I noticed that Lufthansa Group has raised a total €1 billion by issuing bonds. Are these additional funds only for Lufthansa or will daughter companies have access to these funds as well?

https://www.airliners.de/lufthansa-grou ... eihe/58370
 
Nileblue
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:36 pm

Can anyone shed some light on why OS are deploying B767/B777 on VIE-CAI? Is this passenger or cargo demand or both?
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:41 pm

It is being reported that Lufthansa will be firing 29.000 people out of which 20.000 are outside Germany. Another 10.000 jobs in Germany are at stake next year. These non-German jobs, do they include those in other LH Group airlines or...?

https://www.austrianwings.info/2020/12/ ... lufthansa/
 
RvA
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Blerg wrote:
It is being reported that Lufthansa will be firing 29.000 people out of which 20.000 are outside Germany. Another 10.000 jobs in Germany are at stake next year. These non-German jobs, do they include those in other LH Group airlines or...?

https://www.austrianwings.info/2020/12/ ... lufthansa/


I read that it isn’t that it will be, 29k will be gone by year end already. Some portion of which will be LSG.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:21 am

RvA wrote:
Blerg wrote:
It is being reported that Lufthansa will be firing 29.000 people out of which 20.000 are outside Germany. Another 10.000 jobs in Germany are at stake next year. These non-German jobs, do they include those in other LH Group airlines or...?

https://www.austrianwings.info/2020/12/ ... lufthansa/


I read that it isn’t that it will be, 29k will be gone by year end already. Some portion of which will be LSG.


Do you know how many will be gone from LSG? I read that they actually sold this unit so those jobs are simply transferred to the new owner or are they being all let go?
 
RvA
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 pm

Blerg wrote:
RvA wrote:
Blerg wrote:
It is being reported that Lufthansa will be firing 29.000 people out of which 20.000 are outside Germany. Another 10.000 jobs in Germany are at stake next year. These non-German jobs, do they include those in other LH Group airlines or...?

https://www.austrianwings.info/2020/12/ ... lufthansa/


I read that it isn’t that it will be, 29k will be gone by year end already. Some portion of which will be LSG.


Do you know how many will be gone from LSG? I read that they actually sold this unit so those jobs are simply transferred to the new owner or are they being all let go?


I read several thousand or so. Moved not lost though I bet some will be lost anyway. LHG is counting all as having left the group so it’s a fair chunk of the 29k actually.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:30 pm

Blerg wrote:
RvA wrote:
Blerg wrote:
It is being reported that Lufthansa will be firing 29.000 people out of which 20.000 are outside Germany. Another 10.000 jobs in Germany are at stake next year. These non-German jobs, do they include those in other LH Group airlines or...?

https://www.austrianwings.info/2020/12/ ... lufthansa/


I read that it isn’t that it will be, 29k will be gone by year end already. Some portion of which will be LSG.


Do you know how many will be gone from LSG? I read that they actually sold this unit so those jobs are simply transferred to the new owner or are they being all let go?


Lufthansa has NOT sold the entire unit ! They sold the LSG European business with 7500 employees

https://www.manager-magazin.de/unternehmen/lufthansa-verkauf-von-lsg-europageschaeft-vollzogen-a-30fe457a-0dbc-4115-9f7b-6a1b44df3654
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:40 am

Interesting article, will be interesting to see where the remaining employees get reduced as well as the 10.000 planned for next year. I guess the situation won't start improving until April 2021, they have to survive until then and if they burned through 1/3 of their state aid I suppose they'll need more until summer. I suppose the one billion they raised will go left and right to LH Group airlines.
 
Capricorn
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:00 am

I am wondering if LHG needs S21 to be a success in order to survive or if they can hold out longer. With LHG's long haul and business dependency I think 2021 might still be a far cry away from what is necessary for them to not loose cash any longer. I have more hopes for leisure but that usually is not LHG's strong suit.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:24 am

Capricorn wrote:
I am wondering if LHG needs S21 to be a success in order to survive or if they can hold out longer. With LHG's long haul and business dependency I think 2021 might still be a far cry away from what is necessary for them to not loose cash any longer. I have more hopes for leisure but that usually is not LHG's strong suit.


Another issue to consider is the somewhat loss of an internal market. With covid you have one region blocking the entry from another or one EU member state banning another one. For a group such as LHG this an especially big problem because hubs such as Vienna, Munich and Frankfurt greatly relied on transfers to fill many seats.
 
Flying-Tiger
Posts: 4091
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 1999 5:35 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:45 am

Blerg wrote:
Interesting article, will be interesting to see where the remaining employees get reduced as well as the 10.000 planned for next year. I guess the situation won't start improving until April 2021, they have to survive until then and if they burned through 1/3 of their state aid I suppose they'll need more until summer. I suppose the one billion they raised will go left and right to LH Group airlines.


1. The group will be at around 110,000 employees end of this year. Natural attrition (retirement) alone will accout for 3,000 to 3,500 reductions if you don´t fill the vacancies comming up. The other regular fluctuation will propbably cover a good deal of the rest of the 10,000 jobs mooted.

2. Don´t forget that the 1/3 of state aid mentioned include a large share of reimbursements which had to be worked through, which inflates the numbers. Cash burn was mentioned at around 350 million Euro / month early November. Q4 will be higher due to reduced flying, Q1 shabby, too, Q2 + Q3 should be much better up to cash positive. If you consider 6 months @ 600 million EUR each you´ll end up with around 3.5 bn to be burned over winter, which is another 1/3 of the state aid received. On which the 1 bn raise now needs to be added, though.
Flown: A319/320/321,A332/3,A343/346, A359, A380,AT4,AT7,B712, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9,B742/4,B752/3, B762/763,B772/77W,CR2/7/9/K,ER3/4,E70/75/90/95, F50/70/100,M11,L15,SF3,S20, AR8/1, 142/143,... 330.860 miles and counting.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 5131
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Andreas Otto, currently CCO and CFO, has decided to leave effective 31 December 2020. Michael Trestl is the proposed new CCO, Francesco Sciortino has been nominated to succeed COO Jens Ritter, who will join Eurowings (Germany), and CEO Alexis von Hoensbroech will also assume additional responsibility as CFO.
mercure f-wtcc
 
oldJoe
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Blerg wrote:
Capricorn wrote:
I am wondering if LHG needs S21 to be a success in order to survive or if they can hold out longer. With LHG's long haul and business dependency I think 2021 might still be a far cry away from what is necessary for them to not loose cash any longer. I have more hopes for leisure but that usually is not LHG's strong suit.


Another issue to consider is the somewhat loss of an internal market. With covid you have one region blocking the entry from another or one EU member state banning another one. For a group such as LHG this an especially big problem because hubs such as Vienna, Munich and Frankfurt greatly relied on transfers to fill many seats.


There is little light to see. From the aticle below

The upcoming holidays also give hope to Lufthansa. The demand for flights over Christmas and New Year's Eve has increased, said the spokeswoman.
Bookings for the Spanish Canary Islands of Tenerife and Fuerteventura have tripled. The demand for flight tickets to Cape Town in South Africa and Cancun in Mexico even quadrupled.


https://www.hessenschau.de/wirtschaft/lufthansa-streicht-29000-jobs-bis-jahresende-,lufthansa-stellenabbau-102.html
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 pm

oldJoe wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Capricorn wrote:
I am wondering if LHG needs S21 to be a success in order to survive or if they can hold out longer. With LHG's long haul and business dependency I think 2021 might still be a far cry away from what is necessary for them to not loose cash any longer. I have more hopes for leisure but that usually is not LHG's strong suit.


Another issue to consider is the somewhat loss of an internal market. With covid you have one region blocking the entry from another or one EU member state banning another one. For a group such as LHG this an especially big problem because hubs such as Vienna, Munich and Frankfurt greatly relied on transfers to fill many seats.


There is little light to see. From the aticle below

The upcoming holidays also give hope to Lufthansa. The demand for flights over Christmas and New Year's Eve has increased, said the spokeswoman.
Bookings for the Spanish Canary Islands of Tenerife and Fuerteventura have tripled. The demand for flight tickets to Cape Town in South Africa and Cancun in Mexico even quadrupled.


https://www.hessenschau.de/wirtschaft/lufthansa-streicht-29000-jobs-bis-jahresende-,lufthansa-stellenabbau-102.html


Tripled and quadrupled but from what base? Tripled bookings could mean loads went from 30 to 90 passengers. A friend of mine who works at LCA told me that LH regularly arrives with 25 to 35 passengers.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Blerg wrote:
oldJoe wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Another issue to consider is the somewhat loss of an internal market. With covid you have one region blocking the entry from another or one EU member state banning another one. For a group such as LHG this an especially big problem because hubs such as Vienna, Munich and Frankfurt greatly relied on transfers to fill many seats.


There is little light to see. From the aticle below

The upcoming holidays also give hope to Lufthansa. The demand for flights over Christmas and New Year's Eve has increased, said the spokeswoman.
Bookings for the Spanish Canary Islands of Tenerife and Fuerteventura have tripled. The demand for flight tickets to Cape Town in South Africa and Cancun in Mexico even quadrupled.


https://www.hessenschau.de/wirtschaft/lufthansa-streicht-29000-jobs-bis-jahresende-,lufthansa-stellenabbau-102.html


Tripled and quadrupled but from what base? Tripled bookings could mean loads went from 30 to 90 passengers. A friend of mine who works at LCA told me that LH regularly arrives with 25 to 35 passengers.


I don`t know but we could even start with no flight and quadrupled would be still 0 pax !
Better picture is to do a dummy booking and on Christmas Eve the LH flight to Cancun for examole has only 5 seats in E+ and E free on an A340. I will do the same with Austrian to sort out how they are doing.
 
Blerg
Topic Author
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Austrian Airlines News and Discussion

Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:53 am

VIE welcomed 181.115 passengers in November, a drop of 92.4%. Movement dropped by 79% while cargo dropped by 21%.

It's unfortunate for airlines operating there that passenger numbers dropped faster than the number of flights. I guess planes were rather empty.

https://www.airliners.de/deutlicher-rue ... wien/58586

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos