Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
EWR22LAS25
Topic Author
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:21 pm

JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:39 pm

JetBlue Airports VP sent notice tonight that small stations are expected to completely outsourced, above and below the wing. The specific cities were not announced, but rumor is that it will be at least 10.

On another front, they’re expected to announce EWR-LAS shortly.

Stay tuned...
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3374
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:42 am

And the outsourcing begins. Give it another couple of years and the U.S will start looking like Europe with outsourcing. I presume RSW is on that list.
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.
 
Blueknows
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 am

Got to love the outsourcing. Stations now are all flipping not knowing. In typical B6 fashion walk into work... hey guy/girls..so you being let go....
 
BusBlitz
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:49 am

Any ideas on what stations?
 
cessna53996
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:16 am

BusBlitz wrote:
Any ideas on what stations?


I'd say ORH, PVD, ALB, SWF, ROC, SYR, BTV, MSP, PSP, ABQ, BZN, ONT, HDN are pretty safe bets...
 
BusBlitz
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 am

cessna53996 wrote:
BusBlitz wrote:
Any ideas on what stations?


I'd say ORH, PVD, ALB, SWF, ROC, SYR, BTV, MSP, PSP, ABQ, BZN, ONT, HDN are pretty safe bets...


Makes sense
 
USAavdork
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:29 am

cessna53996: BZN, HDN and PSP were outsourced from day 1 as they are non daily, seasonal stations.

Here’s my guesses:

SMF
SJC
ONT
BUR
PDX
ABQ
DFW
IAH
SMF
RNO
 
tphuang
Posts: 5318
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:31 am

it would seem like if they are outsourcing, it wouldn't just be domestic stations. It would be some domestic leisure stations or stations flown for political purposes and Latam stations with 1 flight a day.

I certainly don't think something like PVD or MSP will be outsourced.
 
User avatar
malaysia
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 1999 3:26 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:53 am

Sure hope they can find handlers, handlers are struggling now due to lack of contracts and not enough revenue to stay in business at some stations.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens
 
USAavdork
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 am

tphuang: The only two international cities that have B6 employees are NAS/SDQ I believe. Other stations are given the uniforms but outsourced, including Latam cities.
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:31 am

Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
User avatar
BMWdrvr75
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:36 am

Sounds like they’re getting ready for the WN merger..
We Make Flying Easy......Come fly the Silver Bird........Something Special in the Air......
 
dcajet
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:45 am

USAavdork wrote:
cessna53996: BZN, HDN and PSP were outsourced from day 1 as they are non daily, seasonal stations.

Here’s my guesses:

SMF
SJC
ONT
BUR
PDX
ABQ
DFW
IAH
SMF
RNO


SMF's being dropped as a destination, isn't it?
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
N383SW
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:51 am

wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy

Where does this come from? Is that your prediction or a “rumor”? Next to JFK, BOS, FLL, and maybe MCO I’m struggling to see where B6 has any other city close to 20 flights? Maybe DCA, LGA, or EWR are closer, I honestly don’t know but you’ve been way off before and I hope for those employees at B6 that you are this time as well.
 
User avatar
janders
Moderator
Posts: 1120
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 am

Cant say its a surprise.

JetBlue has many low frequency stations and there is certainly overhead cost such as office leases and equipment beyond labor and benefit cost that cant be spread out very well with low flight volumes.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle
 
strfyr51
Posts: 5030
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:53 am

EWR22LAS25 wrote:
JetBlue Airports VP sent notice tonight that small stations are expected to completely outsourced, above and below the wing. The specific cities were not announced, but rumor is that it will be at least 10.

On another front, they’re expected to announce EWR-LAS shortly.

Stay tuned...

United did that at SMF I had the misfortune to fly out of there and found out I knew more about SMF's operations than they did!! Then? I met some of the displaced Customer Service people FROM SMF at SFO. I don't even fool around at SMF anymore. I just go straight to SFO. Because there I'll find someone who KNOWS something!!
 
wnflyguy
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:55 am

BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like they’re getting ready for the WN merger..

No going 3ed party sets them up for a merger with AlaskaAir or Spirit. There both big on 3 party ground crews.
Flyguy
My Wings are clipped just another Retired Airline person. The Ultimate Armchair out of the loop airline industry geek. Aloha Mr Hand!
 
cpl22586
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:05 am

wnflyguy wrote:
BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like they’re getting ready for the WN merger..

No going 3ed party sets them up for a merger with AlaskaAir or Spirit. There both big on 3 party ground crews.
Flyguy



With the current state of the airline industry what airline currently has the cash to burn on a merger? I like how no matter the topic involving jetblue somehow it always seems to lead to talk about a "supposed" merger.lol
 
Blueknows
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:43 am

Every station with 5 flights or less
 
LAXBUR
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:44 pm

cpl22586 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
BMWdrvr75 wrote:
Sounds like they’re getting ready for the WN merger..

No going 3ed party sets them up for a merger with AlaskaAir or Spirit. There both big on 3 party ground crews.
Flyguy



With the current state of the airline industry what airline currently has the cash to burn on a merger? I like how no matter the topic involving jetblue somehow it always seems to lead to talk about a "supposed" merger.lol


It is with any airline. Folks on here want everyone to merge till there’s only one airline left. Seems like a fetish or something.
 
WN732
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:56 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


So that leaves, MCO, FLL, BOS, LGB, JFK, and maybe LAX, LAS, am I missing any other big B6 stations?
 
don0245
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:44 am

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:59 pm

LAXBUR wrote:
cpl22586 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
No going 3ed party sets them up for a merger with AlaskaAir or Spirit. There both big on 3 party ground crews.
Flyguy



With the current state of the airline industry what airline currently has the cash to burn on a merger? I like how no matter the topic involving jetblue somehow it always seems to lead to talk about a "supposed" merger.lol


It is with any airline. Folks on here want everyone to merge till there’s only one airline left. Seems like a fetish or something.


Gotta get their 2 cents in!
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:04 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
EWR22LAS25 wrote:
JetBlue Airports VP sent notice tonight that small stations are expected to completely outsourced, above and below the wing. The specific cities were not announced, but rumor is that it will be at least 10.

On another front, they’re expected to announce EWR-LAS shortly.

Stay tuned...

United did that at SMF I had the misfortune to fly out of there and found out I knew more about SMF's operations than they did!! Then? I met some of the displaced Customer Service people FROM SMF at SFO. I don't even fool around at SMF anymore. I just go straight to SFO. Because there I'll find someone who KNOWS something!!


UA SMF is only outsourced below-wing. I'm guessing maybe some below-wing agents displaced above-wing when that happened, but that's just a guess.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:08 pm

WN732 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


So that leaves, MCO, FLL, BOS, LGB, JFK, and maybe LAX, LAS, am I missing any other big B6 stations?


EWR, DCA, SJU?
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:19 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
EWR22LAS25 wrote:
JetBlue Airports VP sent notice tonight that small stations are expected to completely outsourced, above and below the wing. The specific cities were not announced, but rumor is that it will be at least 10.

On another front, they’re expected to announce EWR-LAS shortly.

Stay tuned...

United did that at SMF I had the misfortune to fly out of there and found out I knew more about SMF's operations than they did!! Then? I met some of the displaced Customer Service people FROM SMF at SFO. I don't even fool around at SMF anymore. I just go straight to SFO. Because there I'll find someone who KNOWS something!!


UA SMF is only outsourced below-wing. I'm guessing maybe some below-wing agents displaced above-wing when that happened, but that's just a guess.

No different class and craft and different collective bargaining agreements.
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1602
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Blueknows wrote:
Every station with 5 flights or less


wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


Are these posts speculation, or do either of you have a source for this?
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."
 
tphuang
Posts: 5318
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:21 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Blueknows wrote:
Every station with 5 flights or less


wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


Are these posts speculation, or do either of you have a source for this?

I wouldn't take either of these comments seriously. I'm sure we will get a full list soon.

Nicknuzzii wrote:
WN732 wrote:

So that leaves, MCO, FLL, BOS, LGB, JFK, and maybe LAX, LAS, am I missing any other big B6 stations?


EWR, DCA, SJU?

In terms of >20 flights or around that mark at least partially throughout the year, you can add PBI, RSW and SFO
 
DLASFlyer
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm

So who will get theses stations? Unifi/DGS, Envoy, United Ground Express, McGee, ATS, G2, Menzies, Primeflight, Quickflight?
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2681
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
So who will get theses stations? Unifi/DGS, Envoy, United Ground Express, McGee, ATS, G2, Menzies, Primeflight, Quickflight?



ATS for ground handling is likely as they do that a lot now for B6. DGS & UGE are ridiculously expensive for what they offer.

CAS will probably stay on board for MX, although they are certain to lose LAX to actual B6 as LGB is continued to pull down.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:57 pm

WN732 wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


So that leaves, MCO, FLL, BOS, LGB, JFK, and maybe LAX, LAS, am I missing any other big B6 stations?


Tons, DCA and SJU off the top of my head.
 
PVD757
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:23 pm

Re: B6 AO Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:57 pm

tphuang wrote:
it would seem like if they are outsourcing, it wouldn't just be domestic stations. It would be some domestic leisure stations or stations flown for political purposes and Latam stations with 1 flight a day.

I certainly don't think something like PVD or MSP will be outsourced.


PVD is already outsourced below wing. Hoping PVD can stay in house above wing.
 
joeblow10
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:07 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
So who will get theses stations? Unifi/DGS, Envoy, United Ground Express, McGee, ATS, G2, Menzies, Primeflight, Quickflight?


Bear in mind, every station could be different depending on who is on property and who bids what price for handling. Could be a wide array of what you just mentioned that varies by station
 
flyiguy
Posts: 999
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:21 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:15 pm

tphuang wrote:
NWAESC wrote:
Blueknows wrote:
Every station with 5 flights or less


wnflyguy wrote:
Anything above 20 flights stays JetBlue. Everything else cut to 3ed party.
Flyguy


Are these posts speculation, or do either of you have a source for this?

I wouldn't take either of these comments seriously. I'm sure we will get a full list soon.

Nicknuzzii wrote:
WN732 wrote:

So that leaves, MCO, FLL, BOS, LGB, JFK, and maybe LAX, LAS, am I missing any other big B6 stations?


EWR, DCA, SJU?

In terms of >20 flights or around that mark at least partially throughout the year, you can add PBI, RSW and SFO


When the final flight count comes out and it's 12 or less flights, then I would put my $$$ on SWA, That's their below wing requirement to have in house staffing...Above wing requirement is 3 flights or less can be outsourced.

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.
 
Blueknows
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Stations are starting to get notified via conference calls tomorrow
 
toltommy
Posts: 2790
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:09 am

DLASFlyer wrote:
So who will get theses stations? Unifi/DGS, Envoy, United Ground Express, McGee, ATS, G2, Menzies, Primeflight, Quickflight?


It will likely be multiple ground handlers for various reasons. For example G2 already does below wing for B6 in DTW. That may give the the ability to bid competitively for above wing. It's all about the bottom line unfortunately.

Curious, does Envoy, UGE, or McGee even do any work outside their parent companies? And pretty sure Quickflight is gone. AirServ seems to have picked up a chunk of their Allegiant work
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
catiii
Posts: 3608
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:05 am

At least these JetBlue crewmembers will be offered opportunities to transfer to other cities.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:09 am

catiii wrote:
At least these JetBlue crewmembers will be offered opportunities to transfer to other cities.


AO furloughs by station? So they'd potentially be bumping others out.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 am

toltommy wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:
So who will get theses stations? Unifi/DGS, Envoy, United Ground Express, McGee, ATS, G2, Menzies, Primeflight, Quickflight?


It will likely be multiple ground handlers for various reasons. For example G2 already does below wing for B6 in DTW. That may give the the ability to bid competitively for above wing. It's all about the bottom line unfortunately.

Curious, does Envoy, UGE, or McGee even do any work outside their parent companies? And pretty sure Quickflight is gone. AirServ seems to have picked up a chunk of their Allegiant work


I believe Envoy went back to being exclusively AA (maybe some charters like the others?). UGE does a few airlines. And for McGee, they do below-the-wing for UA at PAE, but I'm not sure if there's any others as I think they're only at 6 airports.
 
StinkyPinky
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:27 am

CobaltScar wrote:
catiii wrote:
At least these JetBlue crewmembers will be offered opportunities to transfer to other cities.


AO furloughs by station? So they'd potentially be bumping others out.


B6 is downsizing. There are ZERO openings and certainly no priority transfers to anywhere. And they definitely don't bump anyone out of position. I feel bad for all of them, there is no alternative.
 
dstblj52
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:17 am

StinkyPinky wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
catiii wrote:
At least these JetBlue crewmembers will be offered opportunities to transfer to other cities.


AO furloughs by station? So they'd potentially be bumping others out.


B6 is downsizing. There are ZERO openings and certainly no priority transfers to anywhere. And they definitely don't bump anyone out of position. I feel bad for all of them, there is no alternative.

isn't that how it works with seniority you can bump a less junior person out of a position at least that's how it works when your position is eliminated for most other jobs at airlines
 
Wingtips56
Posts: 1291
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:40 am

I can't speak for jetBlue but at least at other airlines, seniority, station and system protection for ground staff does exist without being unionized. But in a cull like this, the cascade effect of bumping juniors in to other stations is going to be a mess and bottom out quickly with such a high percentage of stations closing (to in-source personnel). One may have protection but run quickly out of places to bump.
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1602
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:47 am

Any update on which stations are being outsourced?
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4435
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:49 pm

EWR22LAS25 wrote:
JetBlue Airports VP sent notice tonight that small stations are expected to completely outsourced, above and below the wing. The specific cities were not announced, but rumor is that it will be at least 10.

On another front, they’re expected to announce EWR-LAS shortly.

Stay tuned...


Hello, is there any news on what stations are being outsourced yet?
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
DELTA777
Posts: 674
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2000 6:34 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:15 pm

Rumored cities are:

BUR, SMF, RNO, PHX, ABQ, MSP, DEN, DFW, CLE, ROC, SYR, SRQ, SAV, ORH, ALB, BTV.

Employees in some of the listed stations have confirmed the closure of their station, but I think it would be best to wait for an official statement.
 
canyonblue17
Posts: 697
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:59 pm

So I am assuming London will be outsourced??
negative ghostrider the pattern is full
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 752
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:37 pm

canyonblue17 wrote:
So I am assuming London will be outsourced??


Of course, most all their international already is.
 
Blueknows
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:23 pm

DELTA777 wrote:
Rumored cities are:

BUR, SMF, RNO, PHX, ABQ, MSP, DEN, DFW, CLE, ROC, SYR, SRQ, SAV, ORH, ALB, BTV.

Employees in some of the listed stations have confirmed the closure of their station, but I think it would be best to wait for an official statement.



Not a rumor all these cites and some others are getting outsourced. It’s happening and Crewmembers will be let go OCT 1st. That’s if they don’t transfer or take a buyout package
 
User avatar
NWAESC
Posts: 1602
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:02 pm

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:07 am

Which other cities?
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."
 
Blueknows
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm

NWAESC wrote:
Which other cities?

What station do you work at
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4435
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: JetBlue Airport Outsourcing

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:57 pm

DELTA777 wrote:
Rumored cities are:

BUR, SMF, RNO, PHX, ABQ, MSP, DEN, DFW, CLE, ROC, SYR, SRQ, SAV, ORH, ALB, BTV.

Employees in some of the listed stations have confirmed the closure of their station, but I think it would be best to wait for an official statement.


My deepest sympathy for anyone getting outsourced. It just sucks so bad. Having been hit twice by outsourcing, it opens the wounds. I have always been firm about the importance of having your very own doing the Frontline work, because they are more invested than someone who gets a check from a 3rd party vendor. I know when I wore my uniform with my airlines name on it, I had a heightened sense of pride. The pay was already garbage, but the benefits were what kept me pushing to get the planes out on time and provided great service to the customers. Having worn a 3rd party uniform, I really didn't care if that makes sense? I didn't really care if the flight was delayed, nor did I really care about the customer. I got a small paycheck, piss poor benefits, and a work crew that had low morale and piss poor attitudes. We never had to worry if we got replaced, because we could go on with the next cheapest vendor. And forget going the extra mile. They didn't pay me or give me an incentive to go beyond.

Sad sad sad.
I Am A Different Animal!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos