Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jfklganyc

Re: OAG Changes 6/21/2020:August Under Fire;AA Adds DFW-MYR;F9 Builds CVG;DL Drops LAS-LGB/PDX/SAN/SJC/SNA;UA Out of SMX

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Just to clarify, B6 has these bases

JFK/LGA
MCO
BOS
FLL/PBI
LGB/LAX

EWR is easily covered by limos from JFK/LGA.

nkops

Re: OAG Changes 6/21/2020:August Under Fire;AA Adds DFW-MYR;F9 Builds CVG;DL Drops LAS-LGB/PDX/SAN/SJC/SNA;UA Out of SMX

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:50 pm

just curious as to why B6 would enter an already very crowded PHL-MCO market... is it for feed from the MCO side?
Turn left heading 080 contact departure

jplatts

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm

enilria wrote:
DL AUS-CVG AUG 0.8>0[0.8]
DL BOS-CVG AUG 5>0[4]
DL BWI-CVG AUG 3>0[3]
DL CVG-DCA AUG 3>0[4]
DL CVG-DEN AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-DFW AUG 2>0[3]
DL CVG-IAH AUG 1.7>0[1.5]
DL CVG-MCI AUG 1.7>0[1.5]
DL CVG-SEA AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-SFO AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-STL AUG 1.7>0[1.5]

WN adding nonstop service to AUS, DAL, HOU, MCI, and/or STL out of CVG might be possibilities once demand for domestic air travel returns if DL is permanently discontinuing nonstop service to AUS, DFW, IAH, MCI, or STL out of CVG. WN increasing frequencies on CVG-BWI and CVG-DEN nonstop service are also possibilities if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-BWI/DEN/DCA nonstop service.

UA re-adding CVG-SFO nonstop service is a possibility if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-SFO nonstop service with the amount of demand that was there between CVG and the San Francisco Bay Area prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and prior to UA and F9 dropping CVG-SFO nonstop service.

AS had recently announced plans to start CVG-SEA nonstop service on May 1, 2021, which had been pushed out from the original start date of August 18, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

AA, WN, F9, G4, or B6 adding CVG-BOS nonstop service is a possibility if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-BOS nonstop service with the amount of demand that was there between CVG and Greater Boston prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nicknuzzii

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:02 pm

nkops wrote:
just curious as to why B6 would enter an already very crowded PHL-MCO market... is it for feed from the MCO side?

The routes perform well for other carriers so I think the logic was, why can’t we join in too.

WN732

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:21 pm

jplatts wrote:
enilria wrote:
DL AUS-CVG AUG 0.8>0[0.8]
DL BOS-CVG AUG 5>0[4]
DL BWI-CVG AUG 3>0[3]
DL CVG-DCA AUG 3>0[4]
DL CVG-DEN AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-DFW AUG 2>0[3]
DL CVG-IAH AUG 1.7>0[1.5]
DL CVG-MCI AUG 1.7>0[1.5]
DL CVG-SEA AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-SFO AUG 1.0>0[1.0]
DL CVG-STL AUG 1.7>0[1.5]

WN adding nonstop service to AUS, DAL, HOU, MCI, and/or STL out of CVG might be possibilities once demand for domestic air travel returns if DL is permanently discontinuing nonstop service to AUS, DFW, IAH, MCI, or STL out of CVG. WN increasing frequencies on CVG-BWI and CVG-DEN nonstop service are also possibilities if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-BWI/DEN/DCA nonstop service.

UA re-adding CVG-SFO nonstop service is a possibility if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-SFO nonstop service with the amount of demand that was there between CVG and the San Francisco Bay Area prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and prior to UA and F9 dropping CVG-SFO nonstop service.

AS had recently announced plans to start CVG-SEA nonstop service on May 1, 2021, which had been pushed out from the original start date of August 18, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

AA, WN, F9, G4, or B6 adding CVG-BOS nonstop service is a possibility if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-BOS nonstop service with the amount of demand that was there between CVG and Greater Boston prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

DL could barely do a CR9 on AUS-CVG, not saying that it couldn't happen but I'd be very surprised.

jfklganyc

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:31 pm

N766UA wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
altairF28 wrote:
But PBI, RSW and TPA aren't. Those added flights are non-hub to non-hub, although with cases spiking here in Florida and at least one state talking about a mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone entering the state from Florida B6 may end up not starting some of these.

PBI is a pilot and FA base for B6

JetBlue does not have a pilot base in PBI.

That is wrong

You shouldn’t post information that is factually incorrect with certainty

jplatts

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:59 pm

WN732 wrote:
DL could barely do a CR9 on AUS-CVG, not saying that it couldn't happen but I'd be very surprised.

WN might be able to make CVG-AUS nonstop service work on a 737-700 once demand returns to normal levels if DL is permanently discontinuing CVG-AUS nonstop service as the PDEW on the CVG-AUS route was 131 passengers per day in Q3 2019 and 88.4% of the passengers traveling between CVG and AUS in Q3 2019 were traveling on airlines other than G4.

There are also a few routes out of AUS with lower PDEW's than AUS-CVG such as AUS-HRL, AUS-HOU, and AUS-LBB that already have nonstop service out of AUS on WN on at least weekdays and Sundays (even though AUS-HRL/LBB are temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic).

DL was also facing nonstop competition from both F9 and G4 on the CVG-AUS route prior to F9 ending CVG-AUS nonstop service in November 2019, but F9 has already discontinued CVG-AUS nonstop service.

DL and F9 combined were also carrying an average of 100 passengers per day in each direction on their CVG-AUS nonstop flights in Q3 2019.

AirbusTech06

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
N766UA wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

PBI is a pilot and FA base for B6

JetBlue does not have a pilot base in PBI.

That is wrong

You shouldn’t post information that is factually incorrect with certainty

FLL/PBI are coterminals only for pilots. FLL Flight attendants have PBI layovers. Pilots get limo or if they live in Palm Beach, they just drive.

tphuang

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:04 pm

KarlB737 wrote:

Courtesy: Aviation Week

Delta Will Add Flights Through August Before ‘Pause

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airlines-lessors/delta-will-add-flights-through-august-pause

They have definitely not remove 55 to 60% of their domestic schedule if they are operating 54% of their last year's capacity. Which means there is probably a more up closer round of cuts/adjustments coming in a couple of more weeks. It was weird that this one came out so early when other airlines just made their July cuts.

FSDan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:11 pm

tphuang wrote:
KarlB737 wrote:

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airlines-lessors/delta-will-add-flights-through-august-pause

They have definitely not remove 55 to 60% of their domestic schedule if they are operating 54% of their last year's capacity. Which means there is probably a more up closer round of cuts/adjustments coming in a couple of more weeks. It was weird that this one came out so early when other airlines just made their July cuts.

I believe the 55 to 60% reduction is seats, not flights. With DL capping everything at 60% seat capacity for the next few months, you should expect the loaded flights to be a greater percentage of pre-COVID schedules than the actually available percentage of seats.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

tphuang

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:26 pm

FSDan wrote:
tphuang wrote:
KarlB737 wrote:

I believe the 55 to 60% reduction is seats, not flights. With DL capping everything at 60% seat capacity for the next few months, you should expect the loaded flights to be a greater percentage of pre-COVID schedules than the actually available percentage of seats.

Not at all. They said a few weeks ago that July they were operating 30% of their regular schedule and that's exactly what enilria showed.

They also said in that article that they will add another 1000 flights from July/August. Their regular schedule has around 5500 to 6000 flights, so it would be a little more than 15% more flight on top of July. Again, that would bring to about 45% schedule vs 54% schedule here. They also said in that article the increase from June to July is about the same as July to August. June is at 17% and July is at 30%, so August should be at around 43% capacity.

Also keep in mind that Long haul widebody flying is way down in planning, so a 54% capacity schedule is going to represent more than that in terms of # of flights.

I would be surprised if they don't have another major adjustments 2 or 3 weeks from now. Keep in mind, July adjustment actually added flights. So it is possible that they cut less than what they intend to do and if demand comes back faster, they could even add more flight. But based on their statements, there will be another round of cuts.

FSDan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:26 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
DL BOS-CDG AUG 1.0>0.6[1.0]
DL BOS-DUB AUG 1.0>0[1.0] SEP 1.0>0[1.0] OCT 1.0>0.3[0.8]
DL BOS-LHR AUG 1.0>0[1]
VS BOS-LHR AUG 2>0[2] SEP 2>0[2] OCT 2.0>1.2[1.9]

Looks like Skyteam is imploding in BOS. JetBlue must be laughing out load and high fiving eachother.
OneWorld also will gladly take market share from DL.

Nah, B6 isn't that stupid - they know DL hasn't thrown in the towel on BOS yet. Up until the moment when DL subleases a chunk of their 21 gates to other airlines at BOS, I wouldn't sleep on them...

dfwjim1

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:28 pm

About time- B6 - DFW-JFK!

FSDan

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 pm

tphuang wrote:
FSDan wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Not at all. They said a few weeks ago that July they were operating 30% of their regular schedule and that's exactly what enilria showed.

They also said in that article that they will add another 1000 flights from July/August. Their regular schedule has around 5500 to 6000 flights, so it would be a little more than 15% more flight on top of July. Again, that would bring to about 45% schedule vs 54% schedule here. They also said in that article the increase from June to July is about the same as July to August. June is at 17% and July is at 30%, so August should be at around 43% capacity.

Also keep in mind that Long haul widebody flying is way down in planning, so a 54% capacity schedule is going to represent more than that in terms of # of flights.

I would be surprised if they don't have another major adjustments 2 or 3 weeks from now. Keep in mind, July adjustment actually added flights. So it is possible that they cut less than what they intend to do and if demand comes back faster, they could even add more flight. But based on their statements, there will be another round of cuts.

Well, I'm certainly not going to try to argue this too much because there's some ambiguity in Bastian's statement ("That would put our domestic capacity down somewhere between 55% and 60% of what our normal schedule is"). Is he talking domestic ASMs? Scheduled flights? Daily seats? Total aircraft capacity vs what they plan on selling with the 60% load factor cap? Too many unknowns here to analyze effectively IMO.

Also, do we know how the 54% number enilria gave was calculated? Is that something OAG includes with the other data? I notice that number is vs last year's schedule, so we already have a discrepancy if Bastian's comments were related to % reduction in the originally planned schedule for this August vs last year's August schedule that would have been a few percentage points lower capacity than this year's...

What we do know is DL said they're going to offer more capacity in August compared to July, and that's what we're seeing in this update. I don't doubt DL could make further reductions based on how things go over the next few weeks (e.g. do the current hotspots in AZ/TX/FL, etc. lead to a decline in leisure travel to those areas or not?), but as things stand now I think this August schedule is what they plan on flying.

Judge1310

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Judge1310 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Thanks for the link about the initial communication regarding the addition of flight by B6, but, maybe I overlooked it, I still see no where about a "base" being established by B6 at EWR. Do direct me to where I can obtain such info...

It literally lists EWR as a focus city right on the map.

A "focus city" is not a "base". Airline 201.