Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
garpd
Posts: 2530
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:29 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:13 pm

GZM1 wrote:
garpd wrote:
Oh please, not the conspiracy theories again.
And all those 9/11 videos are utter rubbish. They are full of assumptions and opinions being used as facts.

They also feature interviews of veteran pilots asking each other: “Could you fly an airplane through at first attempt? No, I wouldn’t be able to”.


You only gotta be lucky once.
If you asked someone before the pacific side of WWII happened if a fighter plane could sink a carrier, they'd have said no too.

If someone at the actual controls of a plane couldn't do it, then someone using a remote control couldn't either. So that argument is moot.
I watched the second plane hit, live. It happened.
arpdesign.wordpress.com
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:33 pm

garpd wrote:
I watched the second plane hit, live. It happened.

Of course it happened. I watched it too. We thought it was a replay of the first hit. But if somebody has planted an electronic device in the tower to bring the plane home, it is feasible.
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
Insertnamehere
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:48 pm

GZM1 wrote:
garpd wrote:
I watched the second plane hit, live. It happened.

Of course it happened. I watched it too. We thought it was a replay of the first hit. But if somebody has planted an electronic device in the tower to bring the plane home, it is feasible.


The thing is, its been almost 19 years, in the last 19 years we have seen multiple leaks of government secrets, military operations, we would have seen by now a contractor putting it up on wiki leaks and escaping to Russia or any of our enemies. It was a terrorist attack, it was not false flag.

Could ultra-convoluted false flag attacks exist? Of course. But you get to the prominence and emotions of 9/11 and someone would have come forward by now.
 
Cdydatzigs
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 pm

September11 wrote:
Hijacking has not been ruled out?


The things that were switched off from the cockpit, when they were in the flight, as well as the course the plane took does not support a hijacking.
 
Cdydatzigs
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:02 pm

GZM1 wrote:
garpd wrote:
Oh please, not the conspiracy theories again.
And all those 9/11 videos are utter rubbish. They are full of assumptions and opinions being used as facts.

They also feature interviews of veteran pilots asking each other: “Could you fly an airplane through at first attempt? No, I wouldn’t be able to”.


Be it 9/11 or the JFK assassination.... Conspiracy theories are created because the actual cause of a major event is very mundane (aka, not "sexy enough"), so conspiracy theorists create a fantastic narrative that fits the event better, science and expert opinions be damned. Looking at all the evidence, MH370 was almost certainly pilot suicide and nothing more.
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Cdydatzigs wrote:
Looking at all the evidence, MH370 was almost certainly pilot suicide and nothing more.

The real problem with the pilot suicide theory is that the reason offered i.e. that the pilot’s friend and enemy of the regime Anwar so-and-so had been sentenced to spend years in jail and the pilot wanted to discredit the government is simply not believable. That’s why I refuse to accept it.
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 pm

GZM1 wrote:
Cdydatzigs wrote:
Looking at all the evidence, MH370 was almost certainly pilot suicide and nothing more.

The real problem with the pilot suicide theory is that the reason offered i.e. that the pilot’s friend and enemy of the regime Anwar so-and-so had been sentenced to spend years in jail and the pilot wanted to discredit the government is simply not believable. That’s why I refuse to accept it.

Is a suicide explanation acceptable only if you know why the guy wanted to commit suicide? Do you know anyone who has committed suicide? Do you think the reason is always known or understood or rationale? All of this talk about how and why suicide happens is inane. The EgyptAir pilot and the Germanwings pilot did not commit the act in the same way. Nor did the thousands of others who commit suicide everyday. You cannot rationalize and irrational act.
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:28 pm

hinckley wrote:
All of this talk about how and why suicide happens is insane. The EgyptAir pilot and the Germanwings pilot did not commit the act in the same way. You cannot rationalize an irrationnal act.

Don’t be so sure about the EgyptAir pilot. Remember the thread “Atlas Air 3591 Down at Trinity Bay, Texas” in early 2019? A Boeing 767-300 that mysteriously dived in the same way as the one of EgyptAir did? I noticed that nobody made any fuss about it nor tried to connect the two accidents although the same type of aircraft was involved and behaved in the same way. Why? Why indeed! Not to mention the fact that the Egyptians have never accepted the suicide theory.
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:39 pm

GZM1 wrote:
Don’t be so sure about the EgyptAir pilot. Remember the thread “Atlas Air 3591 Down at Trinity Bay, Texas” in early 2019? A Boeing 767-300 that mysteriously dived in the same way as the one of EgyptAir did? I noticed that nobody made any fuss about it nor tried to connect the two accidents although the same type of aircraft was involved and behaved in the same way. Why? Why indeed! Not to mention the fact that the Egyptians have never accepted the suicide theory.

Huh? What? What does any of that even mean?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10629
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:40 pm

GZM1 wrote:
hinckley wrote:
All of this talk about how and why suicide happens is insane. The EgyptAir pilot and the Germanwings pilot did not commit the act in the same way. You cannot rationalize an irrationnal act.

Don’t be so sure about the EgyptAir pilot. Remember the thread “Atlas Air 3591 Down at Trinity Bay, Texas” in early 2019? A Boeing 767-300 that mysteriously dived in the same way as the one of EgyptAir did? I noticed that nobody made any fuss about it nor tried to connect the two accidents although the same type of aircraft was involved and behaved in the same way. Why? Why indeed! Not to mention the fact that the Egyptians have never accepted the suicide theory.

So EgyptAir didn’t go down by suicide, just terrible piloting like with AtlasAir?
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:59 pm

Polot wrote:
So EgyptAir didn’t go down by suicide, just terrible piloting like with AtlasAir?

No. The EgyptAir pilot sent his plane into a nose dive and ended the ordeal (and his life) quickly. The Germanwings pilot chose a long, slow decent into a mountainside. I can't even imagine what that was like for the passengers he took with him. My point - my continuing point - is that no one can explain the actions of someone wishing to kill themselves. Hopefully, none of us will ever understand that.
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 15098
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Cdydatzigs wrote:
The things that were switched off from the cockpit, when they were in the flight, as well as the course the plane took does not support a hijacking.


There is no evidence to support a claim that items were turned off in the cockpit. A fire or damage to wiring can also have the same effect. As an aside after this event airlines installed locks onto the avionics access hatch in passenger cabin on the 777.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
Cdydatzigs
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:44 pm

zeke wrote:
Cdydatzigs wrote:
The things that were switched off from the cockpit, when they were in the flight, as well as the course the plane took does not support a hijacking.


There is no evidence to support a claim that items were turned off in the cockpit. A fire or damage to wiring can also have the same effect. As an aside after this event airlines installed locks onto the avionics access hatch in passenger cabin on the 777.


The things that were switched off corresponded to the ability to track the plane, and were then followed by deliberate turns and the aircraft remained aloft for hours afterwards according to satellites. A fire would have cut things short much quicker than that. No, these events were deliberate, not accidental.
 
asdf
Posts: 696
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:26 am

GZM1 wrote:
Cdydatzigs wrote:
Looking at all the evidence, MH370 was almost certainly pilot suicide and nothing more.

The real problem with the pilot suicide theory is that the reason offered i.e. that the pilot’s friend and enemy of the regime Anwar so-and-so had been sentenced to spend years in jail and the pilot wanted to discredit the government is simply not believable. That’s why I refuse to accept it.


i could accept the reason
but not the discredit

what discredit is it to a goverment to miss a plane?
and no one knows what happened

this is a very bogus discredit

if the plane found itself desintegrating in some of the nice skyscrapers in a mayor city there ....
ok
but simple dissapear with it?

very speculativ ...
 
User avatar
zeke
Posts: 15098
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 am

Cdydatzigs wrote:
The things that were switched off corresponded to the ability to track the plane, and were then followed by deliberate turns and the aircraft remained aloft for hours afterwards according to satellites. A fire would have cut things short much quicker than that. No, these events were deliberate, not accidental.


Present the reference to the report which states that. As far as I am aware there is no evidence to support anything was turned off.

Without evidence it just falls into the conspiracy theory bucket. It is just as possible without evidence to say aliens were jamming the aircraft equipment and controlling it from a remote galaxy.

One cannot draw conclusions if the facts are not there to back it up.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm

It may actually be multiple events. A suicidal pilot that's disorientated from depressurization and/or smoke in the cabin? A complicated mystery may just have a complicated answer!

Did MH370 actually enter Thai airspace? I'm wondering if there's any autopilot that would send MH370 to Penang (to keep within the MAS airspace) and then turn up NW for the European flights. Then something happened that forced the plane southwards?

Cdydatzigs wrote:
September11 wrote:
Hijacking has not been ruled out?


The things that were switched off from the cockpit, when they were in the flight, as well as the course the plane took does not support a hijacking.


I think that a suicide is a viable answer for MH370, but I also don't agree that we can rule out something amiss with the electronics/computers. It's surely impossible to say for sure whether the computers managed to randomly make the plane seem as if it was human-controlled, though what gets me is that the pilot has the course simulated before.

We know that the transponder was lost near the start, but communications between the plane and Inmarsat continued for several hours. The question is whether there's anything that could knock out a transponder but not the latter?

I also agree that the landing would have been a more smooth-glide if there wasn't any human intervention.
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm

airhansa wrote:
We know that the transponder was lost near the start, but communications between the plane and Inmarsat continued for several hours. The question is whether there's anything that could knock out a transponder but not the latter?

I always assumed that the Inmarsat link was a tertiary communications system between the engine and the engine manufacturer. Zaharie was very thorough imo, and I've wondered whether it was a system that he even knew existed or would have been able to disable. I'd love to learn more about that from more knowledgeable members.
 
barney captain
Posts: 2350
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:43 pm

kulwinder wrote:
The flaperon that was recovered from MH370 was proved to have been deployed in the landing position. Why would a pilot on a suicide mission carry out a controlled ditching of his aircraft?


It was? Not from everything I've read - in fact it was almost certainly fully retracted.


Damage analysis of two flight-control surfaces from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 indicate that the Boeing 777-200ER’s flaps were retracted at the point when the aircraft broke up.



https://www.flightglobal.com/mh370-dama ... 63.article
Southeast Of Disorder
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm

kulwinder wrote:
The flaperon that was recovered from MH370 was proved to have been deployed in the landing position. Why would a pilot on a suicide mission carry out a controlled ditching of his aircraft?

If Zaharie was "just" on a suicide mission, he could've put the plane in a nosedive and ended the whole thing quickly in the South China Sea. But what if he wanted to do something no one else has ever done? Make a modern jetliner with 240 people disappear from the face of the earth. Think of how much and how long people would be talking about the guy who did that. And if that's your plan, it seems to me that one way to accomplish it is to get the plane to the most remote part of the most remote ocean and carry out a controlled ditching hoping the plane would end up in just a few big pieces that would quickly sink to the bottom of the ocean rather than disintegrate into millions of smaller pieces that would float to the all kinds of distant shores. Just a thought . . .
 
Insertnamehere
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

I am 100% sure that some military knows where the plane is. The plane was flying near the South China Sea. The amount of military activity between the Americans, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Malaysians means that someone has to know which way the plane went they just won't say so they don't reveal any information regarding their radar or tracking systems in the region.
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:
I am 100% sure that some military knows where the plane is. The plane was flying near the South China Sea. The amount of military activity between the Americans, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Malaysians means that someone has to know which way the plane went they just won't say so they don't reveal any information regarding their radar or tracking systems in the region.

Huh? Many "someones" have been quite clear where the plane went, at least initially. Right after the transponder went dead, the plane turned WSW across the Malay Peninsula. It then turned WNW along the Andaman Sea. From there, it does get a little more murky as the plane turned south around the northern tip of Sumatra and disappeared from radar coverages.

But conspiracy theorists can't have it both ways - not believing the published flight paths and also saying "someone has to know which way the plane went".
 
tax1k
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:14 pm

I’m curious about a few points and always love the (generally well considered) feedback in these forums (fora if you insist):
1: I think the only 777 hull losses have been MH, which seems interesting;
2: I can’t understand why someone would want to commit suicide by taking hundreds of innocent passengers with him - can’t be find a tall building or third rail somewhere;
3: wouldn’t it be very easy to dump a flap in the ocean off Africa knowing it would wash ashore; and
4: it seems reasonable to believe that if a Russian submarine launched cruise missiles from the Indian Ocean someone would notice.
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3921
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:34 pm

tax1k wrote:
1: I think the only 777 hull losses have been MH, which seems interesting;

Had that been true it would have merely been a sad coincidence.

But there were other 777 hull losses. Both prior and since the MH crashes.

The first was British Airways BA38 which landed short at LHR.
The second was Egyptair SU667, which had a cockpit fire while at the gate at Cairo.
The third was Asiana OZ215 which landed short at SFO.
Then there were the two Malaysia crashes.
Then Emirates EK521 crash landed at DXB and caught fire.
The seventh, and most recent, hull loss was a Singapore Airlines jet that caught fire while being towed for maintenance.
Attamottamotta!
 
tax1k
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:26 am

petertenthije wrote:
tax1k wrote:
1: I think the only 777 hull losses have been MH, which seems interesting;

Had that been true it would have merely been a sad coincidence.

But there were other 777 hull losses. Both prior and since the MH crashes.

The first was British Airways BA38 which landed short at LHR.
The second was Egyptair SU667, which had a cockpit fire while at the gate at Cairo.
The third was Asiana OZ215 which landed short at SFO.
Then there were the two Malaysia crashes.
Then Emirates EK521 crash landed at DXB and caught fire.
The seventh, and most recent, hull loss was a Singapore Airlines jet that caught fire while being towed for maintenance.



Of that list, the MH flights were the only ones with no survivors at all. SoMe if those flights had no fatalities.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:46 am

hinckley wrote:
airhansa wrote:
We know that the transponder was lost near the start, but communications between the plane and Inmarsat continued for several hours. The question is whether there's anything that could knock out a transponder but not the latter?

I always assumed that the Inmarsat link was a tertiary communications system between the engine and the engine manufacturer. Zaharie was very thorough imo, and I've wondered whether it was a system that he even knew existed or would have been able to disable. I'd love to learn more about that from more knowledgeable members.


It's "tertiary" but it isn't for the engine I think (though I haven't confirmed this). It's used for a variety of non-essential services such as telephones, internet etc and hence outsourced to a commercial satellite company.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:08 am

hinckley wrote:
Insertnamehere wrote:
I am 100% sure that some military knows where the plane is. The plane was flying near the South China Sea. The amount of military activity between the Americans, Chinese, Vietnamese, and Malaysians means that someone has to know which way the plane went they just won't say so they don't reveal any information regarding their radar or tracking systems in the region.

Huh? Many "someones" have been quite clear where the plane went, at least initially. Right after the transponder went dead, the plane turned WSW across the Malay Peninsula. It then turned WNW along the Andaman Sea. From there, it does get a little more murky as the plane turned south around the northern tip of Sumatra and disappeared from radar coverages.

But conspiracy theorists can't have it both ways - not believing the published flight paths and also saying "someone has to know which way the plane went".


Thai military said that the tracked the plane but did not do anything because it didn't enter Thai airspace. I wonder if there's some pre-programmed autopilot route that would send a plane to Penang and keeping within the domestic airspace, then up along the shoreline to Europe. At some point in the flight something happened that turned the plane southwards.

I also wonder if the US (and maybe China) have more information on this than they're willing to divulge, though the region where the plane eventually flew to is fairly isolated from anything so its a possibility that there's virtually no coverage there.
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 2106
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:09 am

tax1k wrote:
Of that list, the MH flights were the only ones with no survivors at all. SoMe if those flights had no fatalities.


It's a luck of the draw. Like in the case of MH17 - it could have easily been a Singapore Airlines 777 instead since one of their flights from CPH was flying behind MH17.

airhansa wrote:
Thai military said that the tracked the plane but did not do anything because it didn't enter Thai airspace. I wonder if there's some pre-programmed autopilot route that would send a plane to Penang and keeping within the domestic airspace, then up along the shoreline to Europe. At some point in the flight something happened that turned the plane southwards.


I doubt that there's a pre-programmed autopilot route. MH flights to Europe don't usually route all the way to the East Coast of the country if they're heading for Europe. And 9M-MRO's last flight before MH370 was the same MH370/MH371 pairing to PEK
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:39 am

airhansa wrote:
I also wonder if the US (and maybe China) have more information on this than they're willing to divulge, though the region where the plane eventually flew to is fairly isolated from anything so its a possibility that there's virtually no coverage there.

I'm a believer in the principles of Occam's razor. I'm not a conspiracist and believe the best hypothesis for MH370 is the most obvious - suicide. With that said, I'm sure that the US, China and Australia all know more than they've divulged. But my guess is that it mostly relates to the incompetence of the the Malaysians and from a diplomatic perspective, there's just no reason or upside to publicize that.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 am

@hinckley While I agree that the pilot might have been "suicidal", I don't agree that the suicide theory is simple. It also makes a lot of assumptions without hard evidence.

I believe that there are usually multiple reasons for a plane to crash, usually multiple lapses of safety combined with one accident or incident. I agree that it was probably a suicidal mission (incident), but I'm open to the idea that there might have been something else happening that triggered it en route.
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:52 am

airhansa wrote:
@hinckley While I agree that the pilot might have been "suicidal", I don't agree that the suicide theory is simple. It also makes a lot of assumptions without hard evidence. I believe that there are usually multiple reasons for a plane to crash, usually multiple lapses of safety combined with one accident or incident. I agree that it was probably a suicidal mission (incident), but I'm open to the idea that there might have been something else happening that triggered it en route.

I do agree with everything you've said. Although I think it's the most likely scenario, the suicide hypothesis is completely based on circumstantial evidence. There're no hard facts to support it or any other theory. And if suicide ever turns out to be proven, there's no question it'll be shown to have been the result of a complex plan that Zaharie hatched and that worked due to a series of coincidences and/or luck. Think about what he likely would have had to do - get the first officer out of the cockpit (as Germanwings' Lubitz apparently did), incapacitate all the passengers and crew, fly a very stealth and precise flight path. And the most audacious of Zaharie's assumptions imo was that he could fly across the Malay peninsula without challenge. And that appears to have been worked. But again, this is of course all circumstantial.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Without any recent developments I still believe that the most probable scenario is pilot suicide by the Captain @ 99%. All other possible scenarios combined @ 1%.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

If the captain had wanted to make an issue of the political situation in Malaysia or express whatever grudge he had, he could have taken the plane to a foreign country, seek political asylum and make a point effectively. Making the plane mysteriously disappear and killing all aboard does not justify that. Besides, he had no mental disorder record as the Germanwings pilot supposedly had. He was a sane and reliable professional. So, let us put that theory to rest at last.
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
kipfilet
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 pm

GZM1 wrote:
If the captain had wanted to make an issue of the political situation in Malaysia or express whatever grudge he had, he could have taken the plane to a foreign country, seek political asylum and make a point effectively. Making the plane mysteriously disappear and killing all aboard does not justify that. Besides, he had no mental disorder record as the Germanwings pilot supposedly had. He was a sane and reliable professional. So, let us put that theory to rest at last.

Dude, if you realized how many people commit suicide with no history of mental illness...
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:21 pm

kipfilet wrote:
Dude, if you realized how many people commit suicide with no history of mental illness...

What you say is purely hypothetical. Do you realize he had given no reason to be accused of something like that? Besides, this new thread was introduced with the purpose of proposing something new to make it interesting. Not to repeat the same stuff over and over again. Please try to understand that. It was refreshing to see so many new posts today!
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
RDUDDJI
Posts: 2220
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:42 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm

I love the fire theory. So there was a fire that was bad enough to incapacitate/kill the crew quickly enough that they couldn't even report it or attempt an emergency landing, but yet the airplane was able to continue flying for 7 hours... Sure, and 5G towers spread Covid...
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them
 
Rossiya747
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:56 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:24 pm

Goddamn I'm still on the UFO theory

All jokes aside, its probably pilot murder-suicide
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL
 
GZM1
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:58 am

Rossiya747 wrote:
Goddamn I'm still on the UFO theory

All jokes aside, its probably pilot murder-suicide

Tell you something, Rossiya. I have every reason to believe it was the Russians this time. Their turn. Prove me wrong!
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6987
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:22 am

GZM1 wrote:
this new thread was introduced with the purpose of proposing something new to make it interesting. Not to repeat the same stuff over and over again.


So then why do you keep repeating your pet conspiracy scenarios?

BTW, GZM, what's with the new username?

GZM1 wrote:
I have every reason to believe it was the Russians this time. Their turn. Prove me wrong!


So what has made you change from backing the Helios Ghost Flight scenario to having every reason to believe it was the Russians?

Please, try to connect the dots, as best as you can...
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
AirlineCritic
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 am

This isn't a very useful thread, we know literally nothing new since the previous threads. Some posts in this thread are either too eager to push a particular cause or slam another cause out of the realm of feasibility.

We don't know. There's some information about the plane's route and found parts, but even that information is indirect, e.g. we didn't find parts at a crash site, we calculated from where they must have drifted from.

But we don't have a smoking gun that would prove any particular theory. Suicide is a leading theory, but without further information, it is still just a theory.

I do however believe that we will find the aircraft, eventually. It could take decades but someone will come across it, and then we can figure out what really happened.
 
P3guy
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

P3guy wrote:
So let’s look at the facts...ATC, military radar tracking and common sense, let’s take out the speculation about motive, experienced pilot, trying to cover up a suicide mass murder. Double back fly to the most remote part of the world, kill your co-pilot/pilot do do a slow decompression of he plane slowly killing all passengers with the majority going to sleep, fly to the most remote part of the planet doing a controlled ditch with the outflow valve open so the plane sinks intact.
The only parts of the plane found are parts of the wing (slats, flaps etc) that may have broken off during the controlled ditch.

I haven’t heard of any other scenario that is as probable.

Just my opinion!

Paul


The flaperon that was recovered from MH370 was proved to have been deployed in the landing position. Why would a pilot on a suicide mission carry out a controlled ditching of his aircraft?

With a controlled ditch and out flow valve open, there would be very little debris.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:44 am

A new video on MH370 by Discovery Channel has looked into the idea of using acoustic sound waves created by the plane's impact to locate where it was. A curious 25 minute piece of all acoustic recordings (a military alliance between western countries) is missing from around the time the plane was thought to have impacted. Of the data that is left, it is suggested that the plane flew over the British Indian Ocean Territory westwards rather than eastwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzvr2w2IVug
 
Redd
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am

GZM1 wrote:
garpd wrote:
Oh please, not the conspiracy theories again.
And all those 9/11 videos are utter rubbish. They are full of assumptions and opinions being used as facts.

They also feature interviews of veteran pilots asking each other: “Could you fly an airplane through at first attempt? No, I wouldn’t be able to”.



As a pilot, I'll tell you there is nothing difficult or complicated about flying an airplane into buildings the size of the WTC, I'd be surprised that there is a single licensed pilot out there who couldn't do it.. Out of all the conspiracy theories, that one is the most ridiculous.
 
TheWorm123
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am

Attempts at deflection from the suicide theory sound like when the Egyptian authorities refused to accept that co-pilot Gameel Al-Batouti literally took his control column and pushed his 767 into the Atlantic, despite overwhelming evidence, because “don’t commit suicide”.

Like Egyptair 990 the evidence is too overwhelming to suggest otherwise even without the black box or wreckage in this case.
B752 B753 A332 A321 B738
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:36 pm

airhansa wrote:
A new video on MH370 by Discovery Channel has looked into the idea of using acoustic sound waves created by the plane's impact to locate where it was. A curious 25 minute piece of all acoustic recordings (a military alliance between western countries) is missing from around the time the plane was thought to have impacted. Of the data that is left, it is suggested that the plane flew over the British Indian Ocean Territory westwards rather than eastwards.

So a foreign scientist rings up the most unique and secretive spying spying operation in the world and asks for some surveillance data. The American and British military and intelligence services say, "sure thing, but just give us a moment so that we can wipe clean 25 minutes of data that we don't want you to see."

And some people think the suicide theory is far fetched?

American "journalism" at its best. Lol
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:42 pm

TheWorm123 wrote:
Attempts at deflection from the suicide theory sound like when the Egyptian authorities refused to accept that co-pilot Gameel Al-Batouti literally took his control column and pushed his 767 into the Atlantic, despite overwhelming evidence, because “don’t commit suicide”.

Like Egyptair 990 the evidence is too overwhelming to suggest otherwise even without the black box or wreckage in this case.


I brought this thread back up because there was new enquirers about the final location of the plane, so I'm not getting into this argument too much, but even though it's highly likely that the plane was brought down by a suicidal pilot, there's virtually no evidence, let alone any sort of "overwhelming evidence", for the theory to be supported - it would be thrown out of court if you tried to prosecute.
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:43 pm

hinckley wrote:
airhansa wrote:
A new video on MH370 by Discovery Channel has looked into the idea of using acoustic sound waves created by the plane's impact to locate where it was. A curious 25 minute piece of all acoustic recordings (a military alliance between western countries) is missing from around the time the plane was thought to have impacted. Of the data that is left, it is suggested that the plane flew over the British Indian Ocean Territory westwards rather than eastwards.

So a foreign scientist rings up the most unique and secretive spying spying operation in the world and asks for some surveillance data. The American and British military and intelligence services say, "sure thing, but just give us a moment so that we can wipe clean 25 minutes of data that we don't want you to see."

And some people think the suicide theory is far fetched?

American "journalism" at its best. Lol


The British Indian Ocean Territory is very controversial, if not just for the fact its a colonial possession, but the fact that just around ten years they evicted all the natives and dumped them in Africa.
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:34 pm

airhansa wrote:
The British Indian Ocean Territory is very controversial, if not just for the fact its a colonial possession, but the fact that just around ten years they evicted all the natives and dumped them in Africa.

Ya, I'm very familiar with the politics around that particular place. But it's the one place on earth that the Brits don't care about global pressure. The US supports them strongly and would probably go to war against them to protect American intelligence interests on that island!
 
hinckley
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 am

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:40 pm

airhansa wrote:
I brought this thread back up because there was new enquirers about the final location of the plane, so I'm not getting into this argument too much, but even though it's highly likely that the plane was brought down by a suicidal pilot, there's virtually no evidence, let alone any sort of "overwhelming evidence", for the theory to be supported - it would be thrown out of court if you tried to prosecute.

Of course you're right. Thankfully this isn't a court of law and we're just a bunch of aviation enthusiasts. There's zero hard evidence to support any theory. Like many of us, I happen to believe that there's overwhelming circumstantial evidence to support the suicide theory, but as you say, that doesn't get a court conviction. Just good fun and discussion in these isolating days of Covid!
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:10 pm

hinckley wrote:
airhansa wrote:
I brought this thread back up because there was new enquirers about the final location of the plane, so I'm not getting into this argument too much, but even though it's highly likely that the plane was brought down by a suicidal pilot, there's virtually no evidence, let alone any sort of "overwhelming evidence", for the theory to be supported - it would be thrown out of court if you tried to prosecute.

Of course you're right. Thankfully this isn't a court of law and we're just a bunch of aviation enthusiasts. There's zero hard evidence to support any theory. Like many of us, I happen to believe that there's overwhelming circumstantial evidence to support the suicide theory, but as you say, that doesn't get a court conviction. Just good fun and discussion in these isolating days of Covid!


The Royal Aeronautic Society held a presentation last year that suggested the plane was hijacked, by the pilot or someone else, with the idea of landing in Christmas Island. A point made was that the pilot purposefully glided ditched rather than crashing and killing everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1CxO9XGyQ
 
barney captain
Posts: 2350
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2001 5:47 pm

Re: Revisiting MH370

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 pm

P3guy wrote:

The flaperon that was recovered from MH370 was proved to have been deployed in the landing position. Why would a pilot on a suicide mission carry out a controlled ditching of his aircraft?



Again, no it was not. I found to be in the fully retracted position.

“It was established from the debris that the aircraft was not configured for a ditching at the end-of-flight ... analysis indicated that the flaps were most likely in a retracted position at the time they separated from the aircraft making a controlled ditching scenario very unlikely.”



https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... 3029d82221
Southeast Of Disorder

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos