Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CraigAnderson
Topic Author

Some QR B777-9s to get first class

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:44 am

Reported today, Qatar CEO says they are working on first class for some B777-9s, it will be a cabin of four suites and fitted only to some 777-9s which will be dedicated to a few routes favoured by wealthy Qatari nationals such as LHR and CDG, so most of the 777X fleet will be only business and economy.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... irst-class

chonetsao

Re: Some QR B777-9s to get first class

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:49 am

Interesting they are not going for Premier Economy route. Even Emirates is considering it.

Ishrion

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 am

chonetsao wrote:
Interesting they are not going for Premier Economy route. Even Emirates is considering it.

Not considering. Emirates’ first aircraft with Premium Economy is a new A380 that’s “ready to go” at Toulouse.

mrkerr7474

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:00 am

Ishrion wrote:
chonetsao wrote:

Not considering. Emirates’ first aircraft with Premium Economy is a new A380 “ready to go” at Toulouse.

I've often thought that if QR introduced PE, this could potentially take a lot more customers their way. I for one would easily switch to QR as business class isn't always feasible moneywise. Hopefully one day they will look at this

CraigAnderson
Topic Author

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:06 am

According to AAB his economy is as good as anybody else's premium economy, seriously, he said this at a press conference once!

EK premium economy actually sounds like it could be the best one so far.

Jomar777

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:41 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
According to AAB his economy is as good as anybody else's premium economy, seriously, he said this at a press conference once!

Never seen anything about the Emirates PE so cannot comment on theirs but, have flown the product on other airlines like BA and AF, I can say that Qatar Airways Economy is not too far off. You struggle to get the food you want even on a full plane (and when it happens they will let you know how sorry they are), the seats are quite spacious and relatively comfortable and the leg room is not that bad.

If they had installed a PE on the moulds of BA, for example, the difference would not be too far off and would occupy plane space which they prefer to fill with passengers doing onward connections.

If Emirates pulls off a winner with theirs, I am sure they will change tack and offer something but till then I do not see them even studying.

RvA

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:47 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

Haha! Although their economy may or may not be better than certain other’s economy there is no way it is as good as premium economy. I have flown AA in PE not that long ago and the seat etc is definitely not what you get in QR in economy.

MileHFL400

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am

Makes sense. As I understand their A380’s won’t stay on for much longer and they won’t have a first cabin.

I suppose they will have First on about 10 of the B777-9 to directly replace their A380 fleet.
Thanks and best Regards
AA

Opus99

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:00 am

The first one is expected to arrive in 2028 because they need time to develop the seat. Hmm this could be interesting. And it will only be 4 seats. So maybe something along the lines of Singapore airlines new suites on the 380?

zkojq

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:06 am

What's the point of announcing something eight years in advance? :roll:
First to fly the 787-9

Opus99

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:09 am

zkojq wrote:

Reminds me of Lufthansa and their new business class that still isn’t on a single aircraft today

CraigAnderson
Topic Author

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:52 am

Jomar777 wrote:
Never seen anything about the Emirates PE so cannot comment on theirs but, have flown the product on other airlines like BA and AF, I can say that Qatar Airways Economy is not too far off.

BA premium economy is the pits, maybe the worst out there! There's quite a bit of info out there about EK premium economy, Tim Clark has actually talked about the seat design and pitch and cabin size, having its own washrooms etc, and there are even some photos of a seat which is said to be the one EK has chosen.

Jomar777

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
Jomar777 wrote:
Never seen anything about the Emirates PE so cannot comment on theirs but, have flown the product on other airlines like BA and AF, I can say that Qatar Airways Economy is not too far off.

BA premium economy is the pits, maybe the worst out there! There's quite a bit of info out there about EK premium economy, Tim Clark has actually talked about the seat design and pitch and cabin size, having its own washrooms etc, and there are even some photos of a seat which is said to be the one EK has chosen.

Get that and I think you are right but, in regards to Emirates, I would rather wait to see photos and comments from passengers to get a clear assessment ;-)

sabby

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Opus99 wrote:
zkojq wrote:

Reminds me of Lufthansa and their new business class that still isn’t on a single aircraft today

Well, LH had a reason to announce it early - Skytrax 5 Star :rotfl:

LH658

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:19 pm

QR economy is generous compare to other airlines. I just hope they can add extra inch or 2 on the legroom. Though love to see what QR can pull off in PE.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos