Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SQ22
Topic Author

COVID-19 Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - July 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Welcome to the COVID-19 Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - July 2020. Please continue your discussion and to add your comments below.

Link to last thread:

COVID-19 Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - June 2020

LAXintl

Re: COVID-19 Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - July 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 pm

Hawaii has appropriated $90mil to implement thermal screening systems, security protocols, web-based verification applications, traveler verification rooms, swab and testing facilities at HNL, OGG, ITO, KOA and LIH.

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/20 ... -airports/

Goal is to keep COVID away from the islands, and also help restore public confidence in tourism to the islands which at the moment will be allowed again starting August.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

DL747400

AA pilot union wants US govt to purchase seats to maintain seating caps

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:13 pm

Just saw this:

American Airlines Pilots Want Load-Factor Caps Subsidized
https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/ ... subsidized

This statement sums up the APA proposal:

"In practice, this would require the government to purchase all middle seats for mainline single-aisle jets configured in the common 3-3 layout, and all aisle seats on regional jets configured in a 2-2 layout. Load factors would be capped at around 65% for the former and 50-65% for the latter."

While I do very much like the DL and WN seating caps and am actively avoiding the other carriers who are selling their flights to 100% full, where exactly does APA think all this $$$ will come from? It sounds to me as if APA wants the $$$ to come directly from the US taxpayer instead of from each carrier's existing government-subsidized liquidity. But isn't this just a shell game? If you follow the $$$, it all comes from the US taxpayer in way or another.

The caps make a great deal of sense at a time when so few are traveling and I believe that given a choice people would want the adjacent seat to remain unoccupied throughout the pandemic, but the $$$ has to come from somewhere.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Re: AA pilot union wants US govt to purchase seats to maintain seating caps

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:18 pm

Then why I am subsidizing people's desire to go fly to states to go play free and loose and potentially spread the virus? So they can have middle seats open?
Can't have it both ways.

While I know that is not why everyone is traveling, why would the government pay for social distancing on an airplane yet we have people going out and being free and loose in their day to day activities, going to bars, having large house parties / BBQs with completely random unrelated people in attendance, and doing all sorts of other things.

MIflyer12

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:21 pm

IIRC there was a thread on this maybe a week ago.

The story is at least a week old. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/air ... -and-jobs/

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Then why I am subsidizing people's desire to go fly to states to go play free and loose and potentially spread the virus? So they can have middle seats open?
Can't have it both ways.

It's just another way for employees to ask for government subsidy of the industry, after $4.1 Billion in grants to AA and what may end up as $6.5 Billion in loans.

DL747400

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Yeah well the story I linked to was dated June 25th as well, so I'm not sure what your point is? I could not find that this had already been posted or discussed, so feel free to provide the link to an earlier thread if you have one.

DL747400

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:47 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Can't have it both ways.

While I know that is not why everyone is traveling, why would the government pay for social distancing on an airplane yet we have people going out and being free and loose in their day to day activities, going to bars, having large house parties / BBQs with completely random unrelated people in attendance, and doing all sorts of other things.

I don't think this has anything to do with taxpayers subsidizing reckless social behavior during a pandemic. Instead, the point was to ask why APA would think that a direct subsidy from the US government was any different from carriers paying for it using their existing government subsidized liquidity?

UpNAWAy

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Closing the middle seats helps with social distancing how? You are still well withing 6 feet of 5 other people in a window seat and 8 on an isle seat.

CALMSP

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:53 pm

absolutely not! The union wants it simply to keep paychecks to their constituents so they keep their money flowing to union leader pockets.

joeblow10

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:59 pm

I think it’s good posturing by the union. As others have said... leaving middle seats open doesn’t mean you’re 6 feet apart from others. If the govt really feels strongly that airlines should be regulated to avoid selling the middle seat, then pony up. Otherwise, they’ve got a business to run. If they see it beneficial to keep them open like DL/WN, so be it, that’s their business decision

Westerwaelder

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:10 pm

DL747400 wrote:
Just saw this:

American Airlines Pilots Want Load-Factor Caps Subsidized
https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/ ... subsidized

This statement sums up the APA proposal:

"In practice, this would require the government to purchase all middle seats for mainline single-aisle jets configured in the common 3-3 layout, and all aisle seats on regional jets configured in a 2-2 layout. Load factors would be capped at around 65% for the former and 50-65% for the latter."

While I do very much like the DL and WN seating caps and am actively avoiding the other carriers who are selling their flights to 100% full, where exactly does APA think all this $$$ will come from? It sounds to me as if APA wants the $$$ to come directly from the US taxpayer instead of from each carrier's existing government-subsidized liquidity. But isn't this just a shell game? If you follow the $$$, it all comes from the US taxpayer in way or another.

The caps make a great deal of sense at a time when so few are traveling and I believe that given a choice people would want the adjacent seat to remain unoccupied throughout the pandemic, but the $$$ has to come from somewhere.

Didn't someone post in another thread how ridiculously low airfares are currently on AA? I seem to remember a quote of $38 for a rather lengthy flight, comparing the prices to Spirit. If that's the case, let the people who fly pay for the empty middle seat. Between two passengers should be doable. If their trip is so urgent right now, I don't see why passengers can't be charged 1.5 times the fare for social distancing.

strfyr51

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

the American pilots are wanting the Govt to mandate their operating budget. That? Isn't going to happen. Right now? the airlines can mandate that all passengers wear face coverings.. but even then? There are "butt-wipes" who will refuse to wear facial coverings and still have to be kicked off of flights! American's pilots are hoping to prevent job losses in Layoffs and nothing more. If they're that serious? then take a temporary Pay Cut to prove it!!

RDUDDJI

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:38 pm

That's quite possibly the dumbest proposal I've ever seen. Had to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

If AA wants to block middle seats, then just do it. AA's already been given bailout money, and there's possibly more coming. They can use it however they like. They can pay themselves for each middle seat if they like. Or just raise the fares on the other seats to make up for it.

DL is blocking middle seats. It's not that hard.

Now if they had said that the FAA/DOT/whatev should *require* US carriers to block middle seats (or x% of seats), I could support that. Right now, some airlines are flying full, some are capped like DL. It's not a level paying field.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

32andBelow

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Ya you got 10 billion dollars. How bout offering some of the stock they bought back.

apodino

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Here is the deal, if the US government did this for AA, then eventually they would have to do it for everyone else as well, even airlines like DL who choose not to sell the middle seats. Otherwise, the Govt is giving AA an unfair financial advantage over the other carriers.

It's an interesting bit from APA, but I think this is a publicity stunt more than anything. They know it wont gain traction, but they are trying to make themselves look good at the same time.

mercure1

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Air Belgium secured funds from three investors, who participated in a capital increase of US$7.0 million.
mercure f-wtcc

mercure1

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:46 pm

Air Tahiti will obtain US$77.0 million in subsidies in 2020, helping the airline resume air services to all 46 of its markets as of 07 July 2020.
Earlier in June carrier slashed service to near 30 markets which were incurring losses.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pac ... government
https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/pac ... its-routes
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:00 pm

Hawaiian Air planning on resuming additional mainland service in August when the islands travel ban lifts. Of course, travelers will still need to participate in the state's new COVID19 testing program.

HA plans to resume service from Honolulu to Boston, New York, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Jose, and Oakland effective August 1st. Additionally will resume some neighbor island flying from West Coast markets also.

International services remain suspended.

https://newsroom.hawaiianairlines.com/r ... -in-august

qf789

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Effective from 4 July the New South Wales government will impose a cap of 50 passengers per international flight with a maximum of 450 passengers per day through Sydney Airport. The cap will remain in place until Melbourne starts receiving international passengers again, the earliest being 15 July. Some flights are expected to be cancelled as a result of the new cap

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... cellations
Forum Moderator

dcajet

Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:28 pm

Long haul LEVEL is returning to the skies eff. Sept 1st, beginning with its most important market, Buenos AIres EZE.

EZE - eff 1/09 3x (daily eff 25/10).
SCL - eff 26/10 4x.
BOS - eff 03/11 3x
JFK - eff 2/09 3x
SFO - eff 29/10 2x

https://twitter.com/Aeropuerto_BCN/stat ... 8018632705
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Vicenza

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:51 am

joeblow10 wrote:
I think it’s good posturing by the union. As others have said... leaving middle seats open doesn’t mean you’re 6 feet apart from others. If the govt really feels strongly that airlines should be regulated to avoid selling the middle seat, then pony up. Otherwise, they’ve got a business to run. If they see it beneficial to keep them open like DL/WN, so be it, that’s their business decision

Likewise, if they see it as beneficial to load at 100%, then that is their business decision.....they got one hell of a grant/subsidy so let them use it. Yes, an airline has a business to run, but so has every other company and without the massive handout. May I also put forward, an airline pilot is an employee the same as any other type of employee of any company. They do not, nor should they be, demanding anything regarding revenue/finances.

enilria

Chicago Creates 14 Day Quarantine for Passengers from 15 States

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:12 am

Chicago quarantining airline passengers from 15 States.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is ordering anyone returning from states where coronavirus cases are surging to quarantine for two weeks. The mayor announced the quarantine in a tweet late Thursday afternoon.

This will start at 12:01 a.m. Monday, July 6, after the 4th of July holiday weekend. It impacts visitors to Chicago, as well as current residents who are planning to travel to one of the states where coronavirus cases are on the rise, according to the city.

Travelers from any of the states flagged by the city are asked to quarantine or face up to $7,000 in fines. Fifteen states have been flagged by the city as of Thursday. They include: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2020/07/0 ... ing-monday

enilria

Re: Chicago Creates 14 Day Quarantine for Passengers from 15 States

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 am

Does this affect connecting passengers I wonder?

32andBelow

Re: Chicago Creates 14 Day Quarantine for Passengers from 15 States

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:36 am

enilria wrote:
Does this affect connecting passengers I wonder?

I don’t see how it could. With states having regulations like this what is stopping you from making a connecting stop in a non effected state

joeblow10

Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 am

Vicenza wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:

Likewise, if they see it as beneficial to load at 100%, then that is their business decision.....they got one hell of a grant/subsidy so let them use it. Yes, an airline has a business to run, but so has every other company and without the massive handout. May I also put forward, an airline pilot is an employee the same as any other type of employee of any company. They do not, nor should they be, demanding anything regarding revenue/finances.

It sounds like Merkley (D-OR) is going to try and pass some Bill forbidding sale of middle seats - after he posted a tirade against AA for selling middle seats on his flight last week. We’ll see how many senators go for that... between A4A lobbying and the fact that it’s currently controlled by the R’s, I can’t imagine it will get very far.

My response to Merkley and your comments is very simple: it’s a free market. You want to pay 2-3x as much to fly DL and guarantee a middle seat? Great... Pay it. Likewise, if you don’t care, then fly AA or UA for much cheaper. But the idea that the govt should step in and prohibit middle seat sale without some sort of financial trade off is ludicrous. Now - I do agree that carriers like AA and UA need to be a lot less sneaky on proclaiming their “advance blocking of seat selection” equates to guaranteed open middle seats... that could certainly use some regulation.

32andBelow

Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 am

joeblow10 wrote:
Vicenza wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:

It sounds like Merkley (D-OR) is going to try and pass some Bill forbidding sale of middle seats - after he posted a tirade against AA for selling middle seats on his flight last week. We’ll see how many senators go for that... between A4A lobbying and the fact that it’s currently controlled by the R’s, I can’t imagine it will get very far.

My response to Merkley and your comments is very simple: it’s a free market. You want to pay 2-3x as much to fly DL and guarantee a middle seat? Great... Pay it. Likewise, if you don’t care, then fly AA or UA for much cheaper. But the idea that the govt should step in and prohibit middle seat sale without some sort of financial trade off is ludicrous. Now - I do agree that carriers like AA and UA need to be a lot less sneaky on proclaiming their “advance blocking of seat selection” equates to guaranteed open middle seats... that could certainly use some regulation.

Cdc guidelines state masks should be used where social distancing cannot be maintained. The middle seat thing is nothing more than marketing.

frmrCapCadet

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Avoid simplistic statements like 'it's a free market'. Regulations, certifications, odd owner/operators of airports, subsidies, unions, international treaties all belie 'free market'.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

Miamiairport

Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 pm

AA and UA won’t add more flights to compensate for lack of middle seats. They will simply need to fire more people.

tphuang

Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:24 pm

When news like this come out, it seems like just a matter of time before the rest of south Florida shuts down.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/res ... e/2258327/

Given Tampa and Orlando area are also seeing a lot of infections, it seems like there will be more shutdowns locally even if Ron DeSantis sticks to the no shutodwn line.

Miamiairport

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:34 pm

tphuang wrote:
When news like this come out, it seems like just a matter of time before the rest of south Florida shuts down.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/res ... e/2258327/

Given Tampa and Orlando area are also seeing a lot of infections, it seems like there will be more shutdowns locally even if Ron DeSantis sticks to the no shutodwn line.

FL already requires a mask in public places. Social distancing will never be done. Certainly not in any modern urban or suburban setting. I do think FL will shut down bars, clubs, gyms and any large event like a baseball game (due to restart 7/20). At this point the DeSantis can't shut down much more other than eat in dinners.

airlineaddict

United warns 36,000 employees of potential job cuts

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 pm

While we were expecting a smaller United, 36,000 potential furloughs come October 1 is huge.

Flight Attendants - 15,100
Airport Ops - 11,082
Maintenance - 5,457
Pilots - 2,250

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/coronav ... emand.html

UPlog

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 pm

17 firefighters assigned to LAX tested positive for COVID19.

https://knx1070.radio.com/articles/la-f ... t-positive
I fly your boxes

CRJ5000

Re: United warns 36,000 employees of potential job cuts

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:41 pm

airlineaddict wrote:
While we were expecting a smaller United, 36,000 potential furloughs come October 1 is huge.

Flight Attendants - 15,100
Airport Ops - 11,082
Maintenance - 5,457
Pilots - 2,250

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/coronav ... emand.html

I hope that this is just a "threat" of sorts and they don't go nearly that deep.

jplatts

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:36 pm

There was an article titled "Furloughs at U.S. legacy airlines could help low-cost carriers like Southwest" that was published yesterday on Reuters's website, and that article can be found at https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-airlines-costs-analysis/furloughs-at-legacy-airlines-could-help-low-cost-carriers-like-southwest-idUSKBN249331.

There are still some domestic nonstop routes on US3 carriers to leisure destinations that do not currently have nonstop LCC competition, including the following:
DEN-RIC on UA
IAH-BOI/CVG/CLE/DSM/RSW/GRR/GSP/BDL/MSP/ORF/PSP/RNO/RIC/GEG/ICT on UA
IAH-CVG/MSP on DL
JAX-CLT/DFW on AA
JAX-DTW/MSP on DL
LAX-CLT/CMH/BDL/SDF/OMA/RDU on AA
LAX-CMH/OMA/RDU/TPA on DL
MIA-BHM/DSM/XNA/GSO/OKC/OMA/SAV on AA
SLC-ABQ/CLT/CVG/CLE/CMH/DTW/IND/MCI/MEM/MKE/MSP/BNA/OKC/OMA/PHL/PIT/RDU/RNO/SAT/TPA on DL
SAN-CLT on AA
TPA-SFO on UA

There are still opportunities for LCC's to add nonstop routes to leisure destinations such as DEN-RIC, IAH/HOU-CVG/CLE/DSM/RSW/GRR/BDL/MSP/ORF/PSP/PGD/RNO/RIC, JAX-DFW/DAL, LAX-CMH/TPA, FLL-DSM/XNA/OKC/OMA, OAK-TPA, and SLC/PVU/OGD-ABQ/CVG/CLE/CMH/LCK/DTW/IND/MCI/MSP/BNA/PHL/RNO/TPA.

LAXintl

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Mexico issued notice it will suspend slot rules for IATA W20 season.

Jshank83

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:50 pm

August temperature check update. WN and Spirit have some stations back to or near back to last year.

Source: https://twitter.com/AilevonPacific/stat ... 55010?s=20

tphuang

Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:27 pm

i think there will be another round of cuts for August either this weekend or next.

An225

Airlines practicing social distancing in their cabins

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:52 am

Hello all,
One of the requirements for fighting COVID-19 spread is the mandatory wearing of face masks and practicing social distancing. We know that all (or at least most) airlines require passenger to wear face masks for the duration of the flight while they are inside the aircraft. However, the case of social distancing in the cabin is not clear. At the beginning of the pandemic several airlines promised that they will leave the middle seat vacant (e.g., AC), but we see more and more evidence that these promises are not kept and certain flights are leaving full to capacity or at least with load factors that require at least some of the middle seats to be occupied.
I understand that economics wise having the middle seat vacant results in loss and airlines can not operate this way, but I wonder are there any airlines that do have such social distancing policy?

Thanks,

An225

JoseSalazar

Re: Airlines practicing social distancing in their cabins

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 am

An225 wrote:
Hello all,
One of the requirements for fighting COVID-19 spread is the mandatory wearing of face masks and practicing social distancing. We know that all (or at least most) airlines require passenger to wear face masks for the duration of the flight while they are inside the aircraft. However, the case of social distancing in the cabin is not clear. At the beginning of the pandemic several airlines promised that they will leave the middle seat vacant (e.g., AC), but we see more and more evidence that these promises are not kept and certain flights are leaving full to capacity or at least with load factors that require at least some of the middle seats to be occupied.
I understand that economics wise having the middle seat vacant results in loss and airlines can not operate this way, but I wonder are there any airlines that do have such social distancing policy?

Thanks,

An225

JetBlue is extending its social distancing policies through Labor Day. In the E190, 50% of the seats are blocked. In the A320/321, the middle seats are blocked.

Delta is basically doing the same through September 30th.

Southwest is only selling 2/3 of the seats through September.

I’m not sure of any other US carriers blocking seats.

panamair

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:11 am

In the US currently, four airlines have policies to block middle seats and impose seating capacity limits: Delta, Southwest, JetBlue and Alaska.

santi319

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:12 am

Just a reminder that the middle seat is 22 inches and you still have people front and back.

Social distance in a commercial airplane is an oxymoron in my opinion..

panamair

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:17 am

santi319 wrote:
Just a reminder that the middle seat is 22 inches and you still have people front and back.

Social distance in a commercial airplane is an oxymoron in my opinion..

As it bears repeating many times, none of these measures is intended to work alone to reduce or eliminate risk. It’s all these layers (social distancing, mask wearing, washing hands frequently) in combination that will have the greatest effect. 22 inches separation is better than shoulder-to-shoulder and does reduce risk (especially when it comes to viral load potential should someone around you be positive); simply having no one in the middle seat also means fewer people on the plane, which translates to reduced risk of transmission.

An225

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:21 am

Thanks for the quick answers.
Do we know what is the situation in Europe and Asia?

An225

FCAFLYBOY

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:31 am

Flew STN-CDT last week and 5 spare seats on FR. masks compulsory unless eating or drinking, no queuing for the lavs.

jomur

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:39 am

Airlines will only try and practise social distance whilst loads are low as they basically do it any way for weight and balance. When the loads increase it will go out of the window.

tu204

Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:58 am

Just flew KZN-SVO on SU yesterday. A320, everyone with masks on and FA's keeping track, pax near me had his mask off and FA immediately asked him to put it on and not take it off. Also no lines for the lav. As soon as there was mote than one person in line FA immediately sent people back to their seats.

No distancing as far as seating goes. Absolutely useless in my opinion to not sell middle seats in a plane...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

Waterbomber2

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:24 am

Your chances of getting infected on a packed flight are close to 100% when departing out of a place with confirmed infections of 1% of population like most of the USA.
1% of population confirmed = 10% of population infected = someone in your half row or the half rows in front or behind you is infected.

If you are lucky, you won't be infected but exposure is a certainty.

Airlines are in this crisis what banks were during the 2008 financial crisis.

Everyone has to fend for themselves.
I personally wore a hazmat facial protection on my flight the other day.

I discussed how the industry is being negligent in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1447661

According to the clowns who regulate our aviation industries, ie FAA and EASA, there is no problem filling aircraft to capacity as long as everyone wears their seat belt when the sign is on.

The health and safety of the crew and passenger is secundary to corporate profits (or limiting their losses) . Billions spent on textbooks, SOP's, regulations, training, in the name of safety, but when you step on a plane in times of Covid, you are on your own.

32andBelow

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Your chances of getting infected on a packed flight are close to 100% when departing out of a place with confirmed infections of 1% of population like most of the USA.
1% of population confirmed = 10% of population infected = someone in your half row or the half rows in front or behind you is infected.

If you are lucky, you won't be infected but exposure is a certainty.

Airlines are in this crisis what banks were during the 2008 financial crisis.

Everyone has to fend for themselves.
I personally wore a hazmat facial protection on my flight the other day.

I discussed how the industry is being negligent in the below thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1447661

According to the clowns who regulate our aviation industries, ie FAA and EASA, there is no problem filling aircraft to capacity as long as everyone wears their seat belt when the sign is on.

The health and safety of the crew and passenger is secundary to corporate profits (or limiting their losses) . Billions spent on textbooks, SOP's, regulations, training, in thr name of safety, but when you step on a plane in times of Covid, you are on your own.

100% are you crazy. Not even 100% of married couples get it from their spouse.

Avgeek21

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am

Flew KLM longhaul yesterday and you could see that wherever they could they'd spread people out as much as possible even though the aircraft was 75% full. Mask usage was strictly enforced. Announcements by crew on arrival were disregarded completely though. Told not to stand up when we parked and to disembark row by row from front to back to avoid isle queues and gate queues due ID checks. Before the signs were off both isles were full. Other than that both airports were absolutely fine. Easy to avoid people plus clean and efficient. I have to problem to fly again, seemed pretty straight forward and safe.

vahancrazy

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 am

Flew Lufthansa on Saturday; 2 intra-Europe flights. Flights +95% packed. Everyone wearing mask.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos