Topic Author

Irish 7/20

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:08 am

Link to the previous thread viewtopic.php?p=22247995#p22247995

Continue the discussion in this thread.

Fliplot

Re: Irish 7/20

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:18 am

Best sums up aviation in Ireland - nothing to report!

OA260

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 am

Thank you for a new thread.

--

Today sees FR and EI ramp up their Summer operations with routes to typical bucket and spade destinations resuming in a reduced schedule. How popular they will be is anyones guess.
Despite some operators saying bookings are substantially increasing that is based on a zero level for the last 3 months so to be taken in context.

With the mess that is government advice and a lack of proper planning to give clarity to consumers people will just vote with their feet and make their own choices. Many stuck to the letter with regards the 3 month lockdown but now has come the time I feel to allow air bridges to countries that have a lower risk then us. Consumers are at risk of loosing thousands of Euro when they could easily travel and in a safer way as long as they follow the rules. The 14 day quarantine is now pretty useless and it would be better to follow airports like FRA and MUC that offer testing to avoid this.

Clydenairways

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:56 am

SAS 737-700 SE-REY just flew into Knock for scrapping.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... y#24d2c38e

AmricanShamrok

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am

The first scheduled passenger flight from SNN since March took off this morning; the new Lauda service to VIE, operating as flight FR3451.

JannEejit

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 am

OA260 wrote:

--

Today sees FR and EI ramp up their Summer operations with routes to typical bucket and spade destinations resuming in a reduced schedule. How popular they will be is anyones guess.
Despite some operators saying bookings are substantially increasing that is based on a zero level for the last 3 months so to be taken in context.

With the mess that is government advice and a lack of proper planning to give clarity to consumers people will just vote with their feet and make their own choices. Many stuck to the letter with regards the 3 month lockdown but now has come the time I feel to allow air bridges to countries that have a lower risk then us. Consumers are at risk of loosing thousands of Euro when they could easily travel and in a safer way as long as they follow the rules. The 14 day quarantine is now pretty useless and it would be better to follow airports like FRA and MUC that offer testing to avoid this.

Is there a plan or timeline announce yet for Aer Lingus Regional to operate back to UK regions ? Will mainline perhaps operate certain destinations on lesser frequencies with larger than ATR aircraft ?

Fliplot

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am

Not sure I follow! Would it not be better to use smaller aircraft to start with - less seats, less costs and mire flexibility! Surely the seat management system will alert carriers to operating aircraft requirements? I thought we were past finger in the air calculations?

EIDL

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:51 pm

JannEejit wrote:
OA260 wrote:

--

Is there a plan or timeline announce yet for Aer Lingus Regional to operate back to UK regions ? Will mainline perhaps operate certain destinations on lesser frequencies with larger than ATR aircraft ?

July 14th to GLA/EDI, don't see any other listed on a quick check

JannEejit

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:06 pm

EIDL wrote:
JannEejit wrote:
OA260 wrote:

--

July 14th to GLA/EDI, don't see any other listed on a quick check

Thanks for the info, I noted GLA/EDI saw some ATR timings swapped out for A320 in the early lock down stage in March. Perhaps a similar approach to ramping up again ?

OA260

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Call for Government to ensure holidaymakers reimbursed

The Consumer Association of Ireland (CAI) has said the Government needs to intervene and offer guidance to airlines and ensure that a fund is in place to refund holidaymakers who cancel their bookings during the Covid-19 outbreak.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0630/1150 ... -resuming/

Holidaying abroad - should we stay or should we go?

Airlines advertising flights abroad while the Government insists people should not travel has resulted in huge confusion for people whose holiday plans have been left, quite literally, up in the air. This is the lowdown on what we know so far.

www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0701/1 ... l-feature/

It's not all holidays, so who's getting on the flights out of Dublin Airport?
Dublin Airport is far from what’s normal for the first day of July.

DON’T BELIEVE THE hype, Dublin Airport is not full of people heading off on summer holidays. Not yet anyway.

The debate about how much coming and going there should be from this country understandably kicked up a gear today.

It’s July, the weather is miserable and, perhaps most strangely, Europe’s largest airline is publicly questioning the advice of Ireland’s chief medical officer.

www.thejournal.ie/dublin-airport-covid- ... 2-Jul2020/

Fliplot

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 pm

No matter ones view on travel at the moment, it is heartening to see increased activity at Irish airports! I do hope that all those involved return to some normality soon!
God speed!

santos

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:19 pm

BACF to start a daily LCY-BHD from 1st September 2020, 3x daily will be offered if demand picks up.

Eirules

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:58 pm

Does anyone know if the Aer Lingus lounge or indeed if any of the other lounges in Dublin are open or due to open soon

ShamrockBoi330

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:18 pm

Fliplot wrote:
No matter ones view on travel at the moment, it is heartening to see increased activity at Irish airports! I do hope that all those involved return to some normality soon!
God speed!

Indeed... it was heartening watching AC take off from YYZ last night to DUB, gave me hope I *might* get home to visit at some point this year!

ClassicLover

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:52 pm

I love how all the media is going on and on about people's holidays. A lot of people also want to go and see their families. I'm booked to go to Australia in November with Qatar Airways, however the 14 day mandatory hotel quarantine in Australia means I won't go unless that changes in some way.

There's more to it than just holidays...

Allanc1987

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:09 pm

BA Cityflyer London City to Belfast City starting 1st September x1 Daily

07:00 LCY 08:25 BHD - 09:00 BHD 10:35 LCY

OA260

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Eirules wrote:
Does anyone know if the Aer Lingus lounge or indeed if any of the other lounges in Dublin are open or due to open soon

No word it was closed when I passed it today . My first flight in 3 1/2 months . T2 was a ghost town.

Clydenairways

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:32 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
I love how all the media is going on and on about people's holidays. A lot of people also want to go and see their families. I'm booked to go to Australia in November with Qatar Airways, however the 14 day mandatory hotel quarantine in Australia means I won't go unless that changes in some way.

There's more to it than just holidays...

Very true, nearly all statements just refer to "foreign travel" with no distinction made between somewhere high risk like Florida or somewhere low risk like Greece. All the while we have an open border with the most high risk state in Europe, the UK.
We should be more specific in our advice and not a blanket"Foreign travel is not recommended". Also inbound tourism should be allowed from countries with as low a risk as ours.

Fliplot

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:00 pm

The Government are between a rock and a hard place. No matter what the advice or even law, someone will be unhappy! I would love to get back traveling (gone from 80/90 flights a year to zero) but I accept the CMO's advice - I am high risk but am more concerned that I might spread rather than just catch! As can be seen from Leicester it takes almost nothing to have a resurgence!
I do think though that FR and MOL should stick to flying and leave health with the CMO - one is subjective the other objective!

OA260

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:56 am

Fears of turbulent times ahead for Shannon Airport

Tommy Meskill
Last month Shannon airport warned that traffic could fall by up to 70% this year and that it would take at least three years for passenger numbers to return to 2019 levels.

Prior to the coronavirus pandemic, Shannon had already seen a dip in traffic, due to the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX and a Ryanair cost-cutting programme, but 2020 had been looking positive.

www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0703/1 ... n-airport/

Fliplot

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:25 am

If Knock in the middle of nowhere can work then Shannin can too. It depends on the local population, which includes a city and a decent business community.! Stop moaning and if necessary put your hands in your pockets like they do at Knock!
The cries of entitlement in the country are reaching fever pitch!

AmricanShamrok

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:52 am

Fliplot wrote:
The Government are between a rock and a hard place. No matter what the advice or even law, someone will be unhappy! I would love to get back traveling (gone from 80/90 flights a year to zero) but I accept the CMO's advice - I am high risk but am more concerned that I might spread rather than just catch! As can be seen from Leicester it takes almost nothing to have a resurgence!
I do think though that FR and MOL should stick to flying and leave health with the CMO - one is subjective the other objective!

It's a tough one. On one hand, as others point out, the CMO's job is solely to protect public health and not to worry about the economic impact of restrictions on commercial aviation. The government must (rightly) take public health advice into account to protect the health service from collapse but must also consider the bigger picture. It's been widely publicised that the general advice is that "it's a year for a staycation" - that's fine, but what about next year? Or maybe the year after that? The perception seems to be that this pandemic will be over within the year and that big holidays/travel, weddings etc. are all postponed to 2021 when everything will be normal again. I think it's a short-sighted outlook and the government needs to carefully consider a more long-term and sustainable plan for air travel in the era of COVID-19.

Restricting travel abroad and mandatory 14-day quarantines indefinitely as a solution to keep the case positivity and R rates down is not realistic. My own view is that people need to learn to live with the disease, accept the risks if they travel and the government needs refine and expand on the measures already in place to control spikes where and when they arise.

eicvd

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:59 am

Eirules wrote:

I`m "in the know" regarding the DAA lounges, heard this morning we`ll have a further update on them reopening in 2/3 weeks. News I was hoping to hear this week was a date for reopening.

Phen

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:54 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Restricting travel abroad and mandatory 14-day quarantines indefinitely as a solution to keep the case positivity and R rates down is not realistic. My own view is that people need to learn to live with the disease, accept the risks if they travel and the government needs refine and expand on the measures already in place to control spikes where and when they arise.

Well said. There is no guarantee whatsoever that a vaccine will work never mind be ready for 2021. It would be much better as you say that we adapt and learn to live alongside this risk and invest in improving testing and tracing so that it can be done in realtime ideally at an airport on arrival. And if a vaccine does come along quicker than we expect then good and well.

BrianDromey

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Phen wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Well said. There is no guarantee whatsoever that a vaccine will work never mind be ready for 2021. It would be much better as you say that we adapt and learn to live alongside this risk and invest in improving testing and tracing so that it can be done in realtime ideally at an airport on arrival. And if a vaccine does come along quicker than we expect then good and well.

There are two key things we will not know about the first vaccine(s) brought to market:
(1) Safety - large scale, double-blinded trials will not have taken place. For someone like me who does not take medication, have allergies, known medical conditions that might be OK, but for large parts of the population, particularly "high risk" populations that is a significant issue. But I would be expected to have a good outcome if I did contact COVID-19 in any case.
(2) Long term efficacy - there is increasing evidence that antibodies do not last much longer than 45-90 days. Especially in the asymptomatic. So while there is progress on a vaccine being developed we do not know how effective it will be for the purposes of long-term protection.

Im cautious about a vaccine being a definitive solution. I am intrigued about the effect social distancing, masks and screens have on the transmission of the virus - I think it might be better than we think. Rates of infection in supermarket workers have been very low, for example. Shops which have been open throughout the pandemic. I really think that behavioural change, rather than medication or vaccine is what will make a difference to prevalence and incidence (the amount of disease in the community and the number of new cases). Morbidity and mortality (how likely one is to die/be injured) is where the effect of improved treatments will come into play. They are not mutually exclusive.

OA260

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm

They should be announcing air bridge countries asap for example to Greece , Canary Islands and other lower risk countries . There is no reason why it cant be arranged with various precautions. The Irish will have to be educated on wearing masks and laws in these countries though otherwise they could end up being fined .

JannEejit

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Not sure I follow! Would it not be better to use smaller aircraft to start with - less seats, less costs and mire flexibility! Surely the seat management system will alert carriers to operating aircraft requirements? I thought we were past finger in the air calculations?

No I was thinking of less daily frequency served with larger aircraft. When the wind down started ramping up, in March, GLA as an example which would normally receive multiple frequency daily ATR service received a peak time morning A320 for several days whilst most of the days remaining flights on ATR were cancelled. My question therefore was as to whether or not we might see something similar as a gradual ramp up of full services coming out the other side of lock down. ?

kaitak

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Taoisech hinting that quarantine/travel restrictions may extend beyond July 9.

Also rumoured that Stobart will launch flights from BHD to 4 UK cities; not clear if this is under EI codeshare or not.

Galwayman

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Fliplot wrote:
If Knock in the middle of nowhere can work then Shannin can too. It depends on the local population, which includes a city and a decent business community.! Stop moaning and if necessary put your hands in your pockets like they do at Knock!

Well said > SNN needs to get it's costs down to match Knock and Kerry . If the entire board needs to resign so be it ......

OA260

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:14 pm

kaitak wrote:
Taoisech hinting that quarantine/travel restrictions may extend beyond July 9.

Wonder where the government is getting all the money to pay the TWSS way past October from because thats what will be needed if they don't get their act together soon .

Managing director of Shannon Airport, Andrew Murphy, leaves role

The managing director of Shannon Airport, Andrew Murphy, has left his role.

He will be taking up a position elsewhere in the aviation sector.

Mr Murphy was appointed to the position in January 2017, having previously served as Chief Commercial Officer at Shannon Group, the company responsible for running the State-owned airport.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0703/1151 ... n-airport/

Phen

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:00 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
I am intrigued about the effect social distancing, masks and screens have on the transmission of the virus - I think it might be better than we think.

Indeed the latest figures show that there were only 9 cases in Ireland in the last 24 hours with 8,000 tests completed in the same 24h period. I was expecting a big surge after the June bank holiday weekend with such good weather and the whole population of Dublin in Dublin for the weekend (usually you'd expect many to leave the city to travel abroad or to other parts of the country for the bank holiday weekend and of course nobody could with the restrictions in place), and I'm sure there were plenty of clandestine barbecues/parties etc. with plenty of booze and a resulting disregard for distancing. Hopefully the trend of low figures will continue.

OA260 wrote:
Wonder where the government is getting all the money to pay the TWSS way past October from because thats what will be needed if they don't get their act together soon.

Indeed its very concerning that the Government still seems reluctant to relax the restrictions even to a small number of low-risk countries. We all share the desire not to import new cases and undo the good work but as you say, who is going to prop up the tourist/hospitality/aviation industry here after a summer operating at only 10% of normal capacity?. The medical professionals are doing their job but have totally hijacked the bus. They are doing the driving and the Government so far is sitting down the back saying nothing. They need to take back some control and strike a balance. At the very least these airbridges with the 'green list' countries should be introduced immediately.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Routes due to resume during the coming week:
CFN-GLA (LM)
DUB-KIV (5F)
DUB-EWR (UA)
DUB-BCN (VY)

Further route cancellations:
SNN-BCN (EI)
SNN-CDG (EI)

Skyblue39

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:12 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
AmricanShamrok wrote:
Routes due to resume during the coming week:
CFN-GLA (LM)
DUB-KIV (5F)
DUB-EWR (UA)
DUB-BCN (VY)

Further route cancellations:
SNN-BCN (EI)
SNN-CDG (EI)

American Airlines also resume Dallas-Dublin next week.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

Well said > SNN needs to get it's costs down to match Knock and Kerry . If the entire board needs to resign so be it ......

There's no way SNN could be reasonably compared to NOC or KIR, not to mention trying to match their cost bases. For one thing, the physical size of SNN is multiples that of NOC/KIR with far more developed infrastructure which in turn means higher security/maintenance/staffing costs. NOC and KIR are regional airports that don't compare. The point of the article above is that regional airports get state subsidies - SNN doesn't and is dependent on commercial revenue (which for the last few months has been almost non-existent) and also facing a €9.7m EU-mandated baggage screening upgrade bill. That's why you don't hear NOC and KIR making noise.

Fliplot

Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:05 pm

Every passenger leaving Knock pays a fee! That guarantees the airport revenue. That is the local support I am talking about! Shannon on the otherhand has always had state support (who do you think built all the infrastructure you mentioned) - did they not just receive €6.5m for a baggage. system upgrade. My point is a little more local effort might help rather than permanently requiring government support!

ClassicLover

Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Every passenger leaving Knock pays a fee! That guarantees the airport revenue. That is the local support I am talking about! Shannon on the otherhand has always had state support (who do you think built all the infrastructure you mentioned) - did they not just receive €6.5m for a baggage. system upgrade. My point is a little more local effort might help rather than permanently requiring government support!

I think you'll find that every passenger leaving Shannon also pays a fee - https://www.shannonairport.ie/corporate/operations/airport-charges/

In fact, every passenger at every airport in the world generally pays a fee to the airport. I know Knock slugs people for a €10 development fee on top of whatever they charge the airlines. Though I can't tell what they charge the airlines for the passengers as I can't seem to find that information their web site.

The Clare Herald article on the €6.1 million grant is amusing as hell. Some of the TDs comments make them sound utterly clueless.

No matter which way you slice it, there seem to be a lot of airports in the Republic of Ireland for such a tiny population, which is ultimately why most of them struggle to make money.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Fliplot wrote:

It’s likely they wouldn’t have got the €6.5m grant if they didn’t “moan” as alluded to in the post further up. This is a once-off grant, not a yearly subsidy à la NOC. The squeaky wheel analogy comes to mind.

Skyblue39

Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:47 pm

People complain that DUB is too far when they are located in Cork and Limerick! This is amusing. Look at countries such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark where there is only 1 major internal airport for the entire country serving long haul flights. I think SNN has had its hey day and it’s time to roll everything via DUB going forward.

Fliplot

Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:54 pm

I give up!
Every airport charges airlines for passenger use! And we the passengers pay the airlines for that charge. Knock additionally charges each passenger a fee and the airport collects the fee before entering departures. A local solution to ensuring a local operating airport! Shannon was part of a larger group and didnt like it. Now it's stand alone and doesnt like it! Not sure it knows what it wants but one thing certain if it cant keep a Heathrow service then there it has a problem! Maybe the new minister will make changes!

Galwayman

Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
Fliplot wrote:

There's no way SNN could be reasonably compared to NOC or KIR, not to mention trying to match their cost bases. For one thing, the physical size of SNN is multiples that of NOC/KIR with far more developed infrastructure which in turn means higher security/maintenance/staffing costs. NOC and KIR are regional airports that don't compare. The point of the article above is that regional airports get state subsidies - SNN doesn't and is dependent on commercial revenue (which for the last few months has been almost non-existent) and also facing a €9.7m EU-mandated baggage screening upgrade bill. That's why you don't hear NOC and KIR making noise.

All airports in Ireland (except Dublin) are regional airports, SNN needs to cut it's cloth to suit it's means .....

OA260

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am

Covid-19 - crisis or opportunity for aircraft leasing?

Aviation went through something of a 'golden decade' in the ten years up to 2020.

Growth in passenger traffic averaged more than 6% per year. The passenger load factor - the proportion of seats occupied on the aircraft - hit an all time high in 2019, even though planes were getting bigger and had more seats to fill.

Ireland accounts for a share of around 60% of the global leasing market, according to a recent report, with more than 50 aircraft leasing companies, including 14 of the world's top 15 lessors based here.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0704/1151 ... t-leasing/

ClassicLover

Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:33 am

Skyblue39 wrote:
People complain that DUB is too far when they are located in Cork and Limerick! This is amusing. Look at countries such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark where there is only 1 major internal airport for the entire country serving long haul flights. I think SNN has had its hey day and it’s time to roll everything via DUB going forward.

I did some looking yesterday and was pretty surprised by how close the airports all are. From hearing people refer to the airports, it always seems like they are far more spaced out.

KIR is 118km by road to SNN
SNN is 150km to NOC
ORK is 105km to KIR
ORK is 130km to SNN

It was actually even worse in the past when Galway and Sligo were operating RPT services. The west of Ireland is actually hugely over served by airports when considering the population density. In the east, you only have Dublin. In actual fact, for a country the size of Ireland, there should only be a single major international airport. At most there should be two.

I'm originally from Sydney and the airport there is the only one that serves the state of New South Wales. That state is larger than Ireland in land area and has 7.5 million people. So to me, it makes little sense that there should be DUB, ORK, KIR, SNN, NOC, CFN all operating services in a country with such a small land area and population. But it is what it is!

Fliplot

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am

It's called proportional representation ;-)!! Or for those.not in the know - parish politics! I suppose we should be grateful there is not an airport in every county!

ClassicLover

Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:30 am

Fliplot wrote:
It's called proportional representation ;-)!! Or for those.not in the know - parish politics! I suppose we should be grateful there is not an airport in every county!

It's crazy that so much money has been spent on things like this, when Irish Water report 42% of treated water is lost before it gets to people's homes, not to mention the fact that sewage treatment is only just arriving to certain places. Madness!

Just to clarify, SYD is the only international airport in NSW. There are regional airports served by Dash 8s and Saab 340s of course. Those people have to travel to SYD to go abroad.

VFRonTop

Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:50 am

ClassicLover wrote:
Just to clarify, SYD is the only international airport in NSW. There are regional airports served by Dash 8s and Saab 340s of course. Those people have to travel to SYD to go abroad.

???

Australia is over 100 times larger than Ireland, with a large domestic network and the its closest neighbour country is over 4 hours flight away.
Compare that to Ireland where (excl the v small numbers of KIR and CFN flights) every flight is an international one, the road and rail infrastructure was been quite poor and the cultural and economic connections with the UK and integration into the European economy has driven air demand.

New South Wales has 10 commercial airports, with SYD being the gateway and the rest connecting communities to their closest city/ economic hub with some leisure destinations. This is very similar to Denmark with CPH, Billund and Aarhus, Norway with Olso (OSL, TRF), Bergen, Trondheim and Stranger and Sweden with three Stockholm airports (ARN, BMA, NYO), Goteburg and Malmo. Dublin, Shannon and Cork serve the same roles.

That said transatlantic service from SNN is a historic quirk from the stopover days and before COVID the margins (while thin) had sustained a reduced service. That is now not guaranteed.

Fliplot

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:01 pm

What ever thw lessons to be learned from Covid19, we now know we are not capable of withstanding a sharp sudden shock! By we I mean our various industries and services! It seems no comoany has the capacity, stability or structure for a cliff drop event! No rainy day fund! Yet somehow we pulled together and the basket case, the HSE, was a okay! It's time for a mind set change. So if SNN wants to cintinue then it has to think outside the box. It needs to have the genuine support of the local population and then present it's options. Who knows maybe 6 flights a day to DUB and an LHR service is the future. I dont know! Does anyone at the moment? Is it time for minimum capped air fares - like Austria? Maybe there should no longer be minimum margins for airports? But I do think we have to understand what happened during Covid19 and how to avoid similar in rhe future. No matter how it is dressed up we are all paying for the mistakes and will pay for sometime.

Eirules

Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Disappointing but not surprising AA schedule changes this morning. ORD-DUB is dropped, DUB-DFW down to 3 weekly and DUB-PHL return pushed back

IrishTexan

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:46 pm

In the last week AA has reduced the DFW-DUB-DFW August schedule from daily to 5x weekly, and with todays schedule update it's down to 3x weekly.
Seat maps on AA show very, very light loads even on this reduced schedule.

EI121

Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:09 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
Eirules wrote:
Disappointing but not surprising AA schedule changes this morning. ORD-DUB is dropped, DUB-DFW down to 3 weekly and DUB-PHL return pushed back

When is DUB-PHL due to return now? According to the most recent press release published by AA last week the route was due to resume for in October/November time. This has been the plan for quite a few months now.

Eirules

Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:15 pm

EI121 wrote:
[threeid][/threeid]
Eirules wrote:

When is DUB-PHL due to return now? According to the most recent press release published by AA last week the route was due to resume for in October/November time. This has been the plan for quite a few months now.

We were booked on it for Oct 19th and it got cancelled this morning. I’m not sure of the new return date

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos