Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
clrd4t8koff
Posts: 1657
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:57 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Miami wrote:
Some routes that are shown to be removed are back online in April 2021.


Your beloved MIA will not be coming back
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6163
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Miami wrote:
Some routes that are shown to be removed are back online in April 2021.


Your beloved MIA will not be coming back


Yawn.. I’m willing to bet with you, MIA hater.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:53 pm

The thread title should be revised to up to 16 to be sold, with the E190s returned to Nordic Aviation Capital. Four of the Dreamliners are definitely going to be put up for sale. The question now is which Boeing 737s (-700/800) will also be sold or returned to lessors. (The six 73Gs are all owned and 21 of the 31 73Hs are owned.)

As for a destination like BEY---that could be handled on a 738 or 7M8 with LCA as the designated alternate. Once the MAX can fly again, I am curious as to whether in the summer season, CMN-JFK could ever be done on a 7M8 on select dates, as opposed to a B788 or B789. This would free up a wide-body to do Paris to Casablanca. (As for CMN-DOH, that could be taken over by QR.) In my opinion, what AT really needs is a second B763 freighter.

North America-wise, I expect JFK, IAD, and YUL to be the remaining wide-body destinations, although MIA is possible seasonally if JFK is done on a 7M8 2-3x weekly.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3709
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
The thread title should be revised to up to 16 to be sold, with the E190s returned to Nordic Aviation Capital. Four of the Dreamliners are definitely going to be put up for sale. The question now is which Boeing 737s (-700/800) will also be sold or returned to lessors. (The six 73Gs are all owned and 21 of the 31 73Hs are owned.)

As for a destination like BEY---that could be handled on a 738 or 7M8 with LCA as the designated alternate. Once the MAX can fly again, I am curious as to whether in the summer season, CMN-JFK could ever be done on a 7M8 on select dates, as opposed to a B788 or B789. This would free up a wide-body to do Paris to Casablanca. (As for CMN-DOH, that could be taken over by QR.) In my opinion, what AT really needs is a second B763 freighter.

North America-wise, I expect JFK, IAD, and YUL to be the remaining wide-body destinations, although MIA is possible seasonally if JFK is done on a 7M8 2-3x weekly.


A 737MAX CMN-JFK would not be able to handle the heavy baggage, not a good thing for West Africa transit pax.
 
behramjee
Topic Author
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 am

behramjee wrote:
Am just going through the GDS changes today of RAM as I got an update alert and it looks like this:

AMM, BOS, MIA, CPH, GIG + GRU + ARN are indeed gone but BEY remains 2 weekly whilst FRA is 3 weekly (reduced from daily)

LGW + DOH + PKX + LBV + SSG + MUC + IST each suspended too

BKO, BCN and ABJ reduced from 2 daily to single daily each respectively

CKY reduced from daily to 5 weekly

DSS reduced from 10 weekly B787s to daily B738s

ORY reduced from 6 to 4 daily and all with B738s only

OUA reduced from 4 to 3 weekly

BJL reduced from daily to 5 weekly


Further to my post of yesterday, today some more changes were published by AT effective 20Jul:

IAD reduced from 5 to 3 weekly

FCO reduced from 10 to 5 weekly

CDG reduced from 2 to 1 daily

JFK MXP MAD LYS each reduced from 2 to 1 daily respectively

LOS reduced from 12 to 5 weekly

ACC reduced from 9 to 5 weekly

Zurich, Berlin and Manchester are also suspended.
 
A330Inter
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:48 pm

behramjee wrote:
Yes Brazil has a large Lebanese population but the BEY market segment is served adequately via one stop options by TK EK QR AF.

BEY-GRU-BEY was 26,000 pax only versus 4,000 for GIG
AMM-GRU-AMM was 5,000 pax only versus 1,000 for GIG

Hence if BEY was a focus for AT, it was unfortunately misplaced.


BEY was contributing only 3% of their GRU traffic, focus was indeed Europe.
Problem of GRU and GIG routes, capacity deployed was way too large for the local market size (110,000 seats vs 15,000 pax). Can't really make a profit with less than 15% P2P on a long haul route..

Very sensible decision by RAM to cut the long haul crap.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:26 pm

I've just tried to do a dummy booking for Casablanca - Copenhagen on 12 Nov 2020 on the RAM website, I see a non-stop flight AT222 appearing with seats marked as available, flown by an E190 operated by RAM
If this route is meant to be dropped, could somebody tell me what's really happening ?

Note - I have no particular interest in CMN-CPH, just trying to reconcile the route closures against what is open for reservation on RAM's website
 
cedarjet
Posts: 8788
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:40 pm

9Patch wrote:
Good luck finding buyers in this market!

Yes, when I saw the thread title, my first thought was, to who?!
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz
 
behramjee
Topic Author
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Update: Morocco Govt today issued a notice extending the international flights suspension for all airlines till 10Aug and on the GDS system, RAM has closed out all flights for sale till 31Aug. This will further impact AT's financial position as they wont be able to take advantage of the EU August summer travel season.
 
rukundo
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:51 pm

behramjee wrote:
Update: Morocco Govt today issued a notice extending the international flights suspension for all airlines till 10Aug and on the GDS system, RAM has closed out all flights for sale till 31Aug. This will further impact AT's financial position as they wont be able to take advantage of the EU August summer travel season.


I don't understand. Royal Air Maroc has just published a list of flights, few minutes ago: https://www.royalairmaroc.com/cm-en/inf ... isruptions

RAM call them special flights.

I think you are making a confusion with the state of health emergency, that has just extended and the fact that boarders are only open for Moroccan citizens and expatriates living in Morocco. A French won't able to fly to Morocco, this summer.
 
behramjee
Topic Author
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:30 pm

rukundo wrote:
behramjee wrote:
Update: Morocco Govt today issued a notice extending the international flights suspension for all airlines till 10Aug and on the GDS system, RAM has closed out all flights for sale till 31Aug. This will further impact AT's financial position as they wont be able to take advantage of the EU August summer travel season.


I don't understand. Royal Air Maroc has just published a list of flights, few minutes ago: https://www.royalairmaroc.com/cm-en/inf ... isruptions

RAM call them special flights.

I think you are making a confusion with the state of health emergency, that has just extended and the fact that boarders are only open for Moroccan citizens and expatriates living in Morocco. A French won't able to fly to Morocco, this summer.


No I am not confusing anything as I have with me the official NOTAM notice which clearly states Morocco airspace closure till 10Aug 2359 local time.
 
rukundo
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:10 am

Re: Royal Air Maroc to sell 20 aircraft

Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:56 am

behramjee wrote:
rukundo wrote:
behramjee wrote:
Update: Morocco Govt today issued a notice extending the international flights suspension for all airlines till 10Aug and on the GDS system, RAM has closed out all flights for sale till 31Aug. This will further impact AT's financial position as they wont be able to take advantage of the EU August summer travel season.


I don't understand. Royal Air Maroc has just published a list of flights, few minutes ago: https://www.royalairmaroc.com/cm-en/inf ... isruptions

RAM call them special flights.

I think you are making a confusion with the state of health emergency, that has just extended and the fact that boarders are only open for Moroccan citizens and expatriates living in Morocco. A French won't able to fly to Morocco, this summer.


No I am not confusing anything as I have with me the official NOTAM notice which clearly states Morocco airspace closure till 10Aug 2359 local time.



That won't be commercial flights, but Repatriation flights. Boarders are not fully opened. It's only for Morrocans Citizens or Foeigners living in Morocco, who want to back to Morocco and also for foreigners stranded in Morocco.

Moroccans and Foreigners living in Morocco won't able to leave Morocco.

RAM & Air Arabia Maroc announced their program the same time, when the Gov of Morocco announced the extension of health state of emergency. I think, it's linked

I work at Paris CDG (and worked during the lockdown), and one of our customer (an airline) operated several flights to Maghreb (Algeria, Morocco and Tunisa), from the end of lockdown in France to July, for people stranded in Alg, MOR, or TUN, while boarders & air airspace were closed. Most of times planes left Paris empty and flown back to France (Lyons, Marseille, Paris,....), with passengers. You were able to book flights on their website. But you have needed to show the proof, that you were allowed to be on these flights.

https://en.yabiladi.com/articles/detail ... where.html

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos