Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
kiowa
Topic Author
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/unite ... ber-634144

There was another thread on this but it seems to have been deleted. I think this is great news but I am not sure what a "direct charter route" is. Is it for sale to the general public?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm

kiowa wrote:
There was another thread on this but it seems to have been deleted.


It was consolidated into the United Fleet/Network thread.
 
kiowa
Topic Author
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Sounds like it was buried. It deserves it's own thread as much as American changing terminals in LHR. Any idea if we will be able to book tickets on it?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:41 pm

kiowa wrote:
Sounds like it was buried. It deserves it's own thread as much as American changing terminals in LHR. Any idea if we will be able to book tickets on it?


Agreed. Quite notable given it’s a new long-haul route during COVID.

And yes, it should be available for booking some time soon.
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26152
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:58 pm

Not a charter but this is being launched primarily for cargo demand. UA will offer passenger tickets though. Same with LAXSYD early relaunch and ORDHKG. Passenger demand isn’t great but they flights can be profitable as cargo services.
a.
 
behramjee
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:22 pm

This is a good P2P market with 101,000 pax flying it round trip in 2019 paying US$ 600 one way with YQ included. Plus they will get feed for all over USA via the mega ORD hub. P2P market demand in 2019 grew by +11% versus 2018 too though obviously in current scenario that wont be the case.

Article says 3 weekly nonstop flights using a B789.
 
kiowa
Topic Author
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:49 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Not a charter but this is being launched primarily for cargo demand. UA will offer passenger tickets though. Same with LAXSYD early relaunch and ORDHKG. Passenger demand isn’t great but they flights can be profitable as cargo services.


I wonder if the ord/hkg will be dumped again with the chaos in Hkg escalating.
 
Kbud
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:18 am

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:48 pm

kiowa wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Not a charter but this is being launched primarily for cargo demand. UA will offer passenger tickets though. Same with LAXSYD early relaunch and ORDHKG. Passenger demand isn’t great but they flights can be profitable as cargo services.


I wonder if the ord/hkg will be dumped again with the chaos in Hkg escalating.

I think this is more cargo than passenger driven. If it was solely passenger driven it wouldn’t be on UA’s largest plane (77W) and only one flight per week.
 
ORD Boy 2
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2000 12:25 pm

Re: United plans Chicago to Tel Aviv

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:01 am

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos