Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jayunited

Re: OAG Changes 7/12/2020:EVOLUTION;NK Cuts Aug;AA Reshapes PHL;B6 LAX Swap;DL Closes YEG;EI Out of MSP;DE Cuts SEA-MUC

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
WN did one on Thursday. I think DL did one Friday or Saturday. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the update. Hoping it is tomorrow.

I can't wait to see UA's August update, Earlier UA wanted to get EWR north of 200 daily departures in August but because the recovery has stalled UA announced they would pump the brakes especially at EWR. I know they were still working on trimming the August schedule when they made the announcement so it wouldn't surprise me if UA reduced the schedule back down to 120 - 130 daily departures out of EWR. Also SFO might get a trim as well while the mid-continent hubs escape relativity unscathed.

In the first update to the August UA was expecting to fly around 40% of our pre-COVID schedule. Once the signs started showing the economy stalling UA pulled that schedule and reduced it to 35% pre-COVID, and followed it up with a public statement that UA would hold capacity between 35% - 40% for the remainder of the year.

enilria
Topic Author

Re: OAG Changes 7/12/2020:EVOLUTION;NK Cuts Aug;AA Reshapes PHL;B6 LAX Swap;DL Closes YEG;EI Out of MSP;DE Cuts SEA-MUC

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:26 pm

tphuang wrote:
enilria wrote:
UPDATE:
As of July 19, 2020 it looks like the update day has changed to a different day, probably Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. It appears this is a permanent change, rather than temporary, but we will see. So we will all be patient...

Thanks for the update enilria.

:)

Nicknuzzii

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:28 pm

jayunited wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
WN did one on Thursday. I think DL did one Friday or Saturday. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the update. Hoping it is tomorrow.

I can't wait to see UA's August update, Earlier UA wanted to get EWR north of 200 daily departures in August but because the recovery has stalled UA announced they would pump the brakes especially at EWR. I know they were still working on trimming the August schedule when they made the announcement so it wouldn't surprise me if UA reduced the schedule back down to 120 - 130 daily departures out of EWR. Also SFO might get a trim as well while the mid-continent hubs escape relativity unscathed.

In the first update to the August UA was expecting to fly around 40% of our pre-COVID schedule. Once the signs started showing the economy stalling UA pulled that schedule and reduced it to 35% pre-COVID, and followed it up with a public statement that UA would hold capacity between 35% - 40% for the remainder of the year.

Last week they pulled it down to 175 flights but it seems they cut more this week.

SANFan

Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:44 pm

USAirALB wrote:
I wish AS would re-enter the SAN-WAS market, or start SJC-WAS. I know they used to do SAN-BWI but it was cut a couple of months back. BWI transcon flights tend to have horrible yields IIRC. It would be nice if they had the slots to do SAN-DCA. US did this for a couple of years before the AA merger and then switched the slot to LAX IIRC.

Agree 100%! Unfortunately DCA is out of the question until there is some sort of change or another hearing on the Beyond Perimeter situation at Reagan. I shouldn't really say out of the question because the one possible way for a SAN-DCA to start again is if AA (yes THAT AA!), UA or DL decide to switch their "changeable" DCA slot to SAN; sure, can you say, "Yeah, right!"

Apparently SAN-BWI didn't do well on AS (for one thing it was pretty much always a red-eye) and they were chased by the multi-daily (daytime) nonstops by WN. AS tried it for a while, finally reducing it to summer-seasonal, and this summer, well, good excuse to just get rid of it for good, I'm sure.

So that leaves IAD, which AS does serve already. I'm hopeful that at some point in time, AS will jump in and try to grab some of the O&D traffic on that route from UA. I can't believe that AAG wouldn't like to offer their many FF in the SAN region a much-needed flight to the DC-area. Fingers crossed on this one.

I have nothing to offer re: SJC-WAS.

BTW, with apologies, I have a slight correction to make on an earlier post of mine. Re:
SANFan wrote:
Beginning Nov 20, AS will start SAN & PDX - CUN nonstops! SAN will be 4x weekly and PDX is showing twice weekly; the flights as of now appear to op into April.

PDX will operate 3x weekly, not twice weekly; the a/c will be split between CUN and FLL, as will be the case with SAN-CUN/FLL.

bb

Dominion301

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:11 pm

enilria wrote:
tphuang wrote:
enilria wrote:
UPDATE:
As of July 19, 2020 it looks like the update day has changed to a different day, probably Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. It appears this is a permanent change, rather than temporary, but we will see. So we will all be patient...

That reminds me of that 60s classic song from Spanky and Our Gang: “Sunday Will Never Be The Same.” :P

Alas we wait. :D

williaminsd

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:03 pm

I've posted this elsewhere, but here are the Flightradar24 seven-day flight totals for various California and Nevada airports.

Today's count is in the first column and the count for 6/14 in parenthesis. All of the counts show solid growth with some being spectacular...

LAX - 2712 (1831)
LAS - 2096 (1224)
SFO - 1715 (1073)
SAN - 1011 (583)
SMF - 670 (502)
OAK - 644 (412)
SJC - 675 (507)
ONT - 311 (271)
SNA - 499 (339)
BUR - 295 (194)
RNO - 238 (158)
FAT - 145 (106)
LGB - 128 (77)
SBA - 67 (48)
MRY - 46 (42)
BFL - 42 (28)

And I agree, Sunday mornings will be lacking without Enilria's superb work to look forward to.

enilria
Topic Author

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
enilria wrote:
tphuang wrote:

That reminds me of that 60s classic song from Spanky and Our Gang: “Sunday Will Never Be The Same.” :P

Alas we wait. :D

williaminsd wrote:
I've posted this elsewhere, but here are the Flightradar24 seven-day flight totals for various California and Nevada airports.

Today's count is in the first column and the count for 6/14 in parenthesis. All of the counts show solid growth with some being spectacular...

LAX - 2712 (1831)
LAS - 2096 (1224)
SFO - 1715 (1073)
SAN - 1011 (583)
SMF - 670 (502)
OAK - 644 (412)
SJC - 675 (507)
ONT - 311 (271)
SNA - 499 (339)
BUR - 295 (194)
RNO - 238 (158)
FAT - 145 (106)
LGB - 128 (77)
SBA - 67 (48)
MRY - 46 (42)
BFL - 42 (28)

And I agree, Sunday mornings will be lacking without Enilria's superb work to look forward to.

Yes, change is painful! :)

32andBelow

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Sunday was such a good day for it since it’s a rather slow news day accros thé internet

wedgetail737

Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 pm

enilria wrote:
tphuang wrote:
enilria wrote:
UPDATE:

I thought you were taking a vacation!

wedgetail737

Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:14 pm

SANFan wrote:
I've already found some very interesting & exciting adds at AS by poking around in their Flight Schedules last night; apparently they were loaded yesterday sometime:

beginning Nov 20, AS will start SAN & PDX - CUN nonstops! SAN will be 4x weekly and PDX is showing twice weekly; the flights as of now appear to op into April.

Beginning March 11, 2021, AS will begin flying SAN & SJC to MSO, connecting both of their Focus Cities with first-ever nonstop service to Montana. Both flights show daily.

I'm sure there are other new routes but so far I've been searching for my priority city and am not done yet! Very nice adds for SAN so far!!

bb

The SJC-MSO route is a surprise to me. Maybe AS will bring in SAN-BZN or SAN-SUN for skiing/snowboarding next Fall/Winter. I have connected in SAN on the SEA-SAN-MCO route a few times. SAN is good for connections, if you want to maximize the miles.

jb1087xna

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 am

For DL, XNA-ATL is dropping to what seems like ~3.5x in August (previously 4x was for sale up until this weekend, down from 6x LY). Looks like they're trying 4x again in September. Though the E175 flight with Republic seems gone for September, and is the .5 of the 3.5 in August. Not sure what that blip is all about.

enilria
Topic Author

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:20 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
enilria wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I thought you were taking a vacation!

That sounds nice, but no...

Wingtips56

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 am

32andBelow wrote:
Sunday was such a good day for it since it’s a rather slow news day accros thé internet

I became a fan of these posts back when it published on Monday. It was the only thing to look forward to on a Monday morning.
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

OA412

Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:04 am

Please keep the politics out of the discussion.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:19 pm

jayunited wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

OA412 wrote:
Please keep the politics out of the discussion.
Wingtips56 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

I became a fan of these posts back when it published on Monday. It was the only thing to look forward to on a Monday morning.
wedgetail737 wrote:
SANFan wrote:
I've already found some very interesting & exciting adds at AS by poking around in their Flight Schedules last night; apparently they were loaded yesterday sometime:

beginning Nov 20, AS will start SAN & PDX - CUN nonstops! SAN will be 4x weekly and PDX is showing twice weekly; the flights as of now appear to op into April.

Beginning March 11, 2021, AS will begin flying SAN & SJC to MSO, connecting both of their Focus Cities with first-ever nonstop service to Montana. Both flights show daily.

I'm sure there are other new routes but so far I've been searching for my priority city and am not done yet! Very nice adds for SAN so far!!

bb

The SJC-MSO route is a surprise to me. Maybe AS will bring in SAN-BZN or SAN-SUN for skiing/snowboarding next Fall/Winter. I have connected in SAN on the SEA-SAN-MCO route a few times. SAN is good for connections, if you want to maximize the miles.
32andBelow wrote:
SANFan wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
I wish AS would re-enter the SAN-WAS market, or start SJC-WAS. I know they used to do SAN-BWI but it was cut a couple of months back. BWI transcon flights tend to have horrible yields IIRC. It would be nice if they had the slots to do SAN-DCA. US did this for a couple of years before the AA merger and then switched the slot to LAX IIRC.

Agree 100%! Unfortunately DCA is out of the question until there is some sort of change or another hearing on the Beyond Perimeter situation at Reagan. I shouldn't really say out of the question because the one possible way for a SAN-DCA to start again is if AA (yes THAT AA!), UA or DL decide to switch their "changeable" DCA slot to SAN; sure, can you say, "Yeah, right!"

Apparently SAN-BWI didn't do well on AS (for one thing it was pretty much always a red-eye) and they were chased by the multi-daily (daytime) nonstops by WN. AS tried it for a while, finally reducing it to summer-seasonal, and this summer, well, good excuse to just get rid of it for good, I'm sure.

So that leaves IAD, which AS does serve already. I'm hopeful that at some point in time, AS will jump in and try to grab some of the O&D traffic on that route from UA. I can't believe that AAG wouldn't like to offer their many FF in the SAN region a much-needed flight to the DC-area. Fingers crossed on this one.

I have nothing to offer re: SJC-WAS.

BTW, with apologies, I have a slight correction to make on an earlier post of mine. Re:
SANFan wrote:
Beginning Nov 20, AS will start SAN & PDX - CUN nonstops! SAN will be 4x weekly and PDX is showing twice weekly; the flights as of now appear to op into April.

PDX will operate 3x weekly, not twice weekly; the a/c will be split between CUN and FLL, as will be the case with SAN-CUN/FLL.

bb
joeblow10 wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:
chonetsao wrote:
Transatlantic traffic is done for 2020. More cut for August and September ahead, as US has no intention to relax EU travel ban yet. I worry this may last until March 2021, that would be a disaster. I do hope the travel ban can be relaxed a little bit by middle of August so at least airlines can savage the remaining of winter season.

The EU has a ban on the US too and it's highly unlikely to zero chance they will lift it for the next month and probably more given that COVID19 in the USA is not under control.

I’d say there is very little, if any, doubt the TATL cuts and even the ban will be there thru the end of 2020 and probably past 1Q21. Even if we get a vaccine in Dec or Jan (a HUGE if), I keep saying - won’t be widely distributed for 4-6 months

It certainly will be interesting to watch how the vaccine pans out with those who get it in terms of travel. Are we going back to the immunity passport idea? We’ll see

New thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1449367&p=22333979#p22333979

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos