Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NZ6

Re: New Zealand Aviation Thread - August 2020

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 am

Kiwings wrote:
The AIAL press release is quite clear - https://corporate.aucklandairport.co.nz ... -two-zones

As I said originally - this is not that difficult to do - it is more just ensuring that the protocols are understood by staff and abided by.

Do you work for AIAL or the construction company out of interest? I'm just interested in the massive gap in 'design complexities' and 'functional complexities' that I'm assured exist by AIAL staff which are supported with a 3+ months window and something that's also "not that difficult to do"?

zkncj

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41 am

Gangurru wrote:

Your reply has me wondering if the WLG international crew base closed? I used to fly with them regularly and they gave lovely service.

Aren’t the Domestic and International a320/320 crew pool, the same these days?

NZ ended up rescinding some of the short-haul airbus cabin crew reductions.

DavidByrne

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:05 am

zkncj wrote:
It just seems to be the current government is coming up with excuses, so people spend in New Zealand and not the Pacific Islands.

Just because we don't have full information about the issue of a Cook Islands bubble doesn't mean tat the hold-up is a government conspiracy. Chill - it will happen when all the planets are aligned.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

zkeoj

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:25 am

Travel bubble with the Cook Islands 'before end of year'

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... tw2jnbc8jA

zkncj

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:04 am

NZ has confirmed it is planning flights from AKL, WLG and CHC to RAR once the Cook Island Bubble is open.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2020/08/air-new-zealand-preparing-to-operate-flights-to-cook-islands-from-auckland-wellington-christchurch.html

Christmas 2020 in RAR could be very busy, despite it being the wet season.

Daily 789 from AKL, then maybe 3-4x weekly a321NEO service from CHC/WLG?

The biggest problem will be come many people Rarotonga can comfortably hold from New Zealand.

Zkpilot

Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:19 pm

zkncj wrote:
NZ has confirmed it is planning flights from AKL, WLG and CHC to RAR once the Cook Island Bubble is open.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2020/08/air-new-zealand-preparing-to-operate-flights-to-cook-islands-from-auckland-wellington-christchurch.html

The biggest problem will be come many people Rarotonga can comfortably hold from New Zealand.

I’d imagine that a large number of people there will be short on cash so expect Air BnB style to be prominent.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

FiscAutTecGarte

Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Good day,
You allare using the term Bubble here multiple times... as in Bubble Flights.... Tazman Bubble... Cook Island Bubble... etc.. As a yank, I just don't understand what the term means... how you are applying it... Can a kind Kiwi educate me?
learning never stops...

FischAutoTechGarten is the full handle and it reflects my interest. It's abbreviated to fit A.net short usernames.

NZ516

Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:40 pm

FiscAutTecGarte wrote:
Good day,
You allare using the term Bubble here multiple times... as in Bubble Flights.... Tazman Bubble... Cook Island Bubble... etc.. As a yank, I just don't understand what the term means... how you are applying it... Can a kind Kiwi educate me?

Hi. Travel Bubble is a term used for travel between two countries that both have Covid under control and without any community spread of the virus.

FiscAutTecGarte

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:52 pm

NZ516 wrote:
Hi. Travel Bubble is a term used for travel between two countries that both have Covid under control and without any community spread of the virus.

Thank you for explaining the term to me.

Peter
learning never stops...

FischAutoTechGarten is the full handle and it reflects my interest. It's abbreviated to fit A.net short usernames.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:20 pm

FiscAutTecGarte wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

Thank you for explaining the term to me.

Peter

The idea being that we will have relatively unrestricted travel between countries in the bubble. Approaching what we were used to before Covid. So stuff like open borders and no requirement to be quarantined on return.

The guideline the NZ government seems to be using is at least 2 transmission cycles (4 weeks) with no community transmission. Which is a pretty small handful of countries right now.

FiscAutTecGarte

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:19 pm

If anyone can do it, you all can. I put 4200km on a rental car exploring both the north and south islands for a period of 30 days about 16 years ago. I was totally impressed by the work ethic of New Zealanders, just incredible.
learning never stops...

NZ6

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 pm

zkncj wrote:

I wonder what Mike's plans are now NZ has indicated it will fly from outside of AKL. There's no update on his website - https://jetraro.co.nz/ Surely he won't take on NZ and maybe JQ?

Given this will likely be the only international passenger flight for some time you can forgot any "normal" schedule. Flight times will be passenger friendly too.

Rarotonga could get full quickly though which will drive up accommodation prices and that may flatten passenger demand. The old supply and demand thing.

As for the wider bubble topic - I'm getting frustrated by the speed this is all happening.

Yes we should be closed to 99.99% of the world including Australia but surely we can open IUE, TBU, APW and be in talks with the likes of Fiji, Vanuatu etc to see if we can open these once they're free of COVID for X number of days and depending on their air and maritime border measures. Given the length of time it's taken for RAR to happen, what hopes do we hold for anything else this year or even next?

Unless there is state by state bubbles, Australia will be sometime early next year at best. Ball park guess for me, Easter-ish at best!. Which I agree with at this current stage.

The WA premier as said his border will likely remain closed until mid 2021! VIC is a mess, NSW is second in line, ACT is stuck in the middle hoping for the best and QLD is struggling to be free of COVID so that also poses a high level risk .. What's left, NT - with all due respect, there's not much need for an air link is there and TAS which is reliant on it's direct links into the hot spot so is also 'high risk'.

This isn't all about going on holiday either, there are economic benefits and strong family connections which could potentially be safely managed with minimal risk in the Islands.

ZaphodHarkonnen

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 pm

I wonder if it's worth considering Taiwan and Vietnam as places to open travel to. It'd have to be non-stop flights, but it should be doable. Both of those countries appear to have Covid under control. Not sure there's a huge market in either direction. But with nowhere else to travel. :P

a7ala

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:10 am

zkncj wrote:

Great to hear that the A320Neos give a capability for WLG-RAR which wasnt possible previously with the A320's as I understand. Potentially opens up the opportunity for a WLG-APW in the future maybe.

DavidByrne

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:18 am

NZ6 wrote:
Yes we should be closed to 99.99% of the world including Australia but surely we can open IUE, TBU, APW and be in talks with the likes of Fiji, Vanuatu etc to see if we can open these once they're free of COVID for X number of days and depending on their air and maritime border measures. Given the length of time it's taken for RAR to happen, what hopes do we hold for anything else this year or even next?

It sounds to me like the island governments themselves, though keen to have the tourism income, are moving very cautiously about the kinds of arrangements that will be required, and that it's driven by health concerns, not aviation issues. I note that Raro, for example, doesn't have the ability to analyse test results and these will have to be sent to NZ for analysis. Anything less than a daily flight, and there is a risk that people may be at large in the islands without their test results for a number of days - obviously an unacceptable outcome. And that swabs will sit around in Raro for days awaiting transshipment - this is also a potential risk factor. And while we in NZ have great trouble enforcing quarantine (and while the taxpayer has to front vast sums of money for that) I cannot imagine the island governments are that keen to have to foot that bill themselves should a visitor require quarantine. I could imagine that the hold-ups are not on the aviation front, but on the health front, making sure protocols are first agreed and second put in place to cover every conceivable outcome. And that there may also be an issue of who pays for what in the event of an outbreak.

If (as I assume) Raro does get daily flight, then some of that difficulty dissipates. But allowing free access to Niue, for example, with only one or two flights a week, would potentially seem to pose many issues from a health perspective. Just my guesswork . . .

zkncj

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:35 am

DavidByrne wrote:
If (as I assume) Raro does get daily flight, then some of that difficulty dissipates. But allowing free access to Niue, for example, with only one or two flights a week, would potentially seem to pose many issues from a health perspective. Just my guesswork . . .

I would assume when holiday makers are allowed back into RAR, there would need to be daily flights at least to support needs on the.

They are currently running 789s on AKL-RAR 1-2x weekly to provide freight to the Island. Most fresh produce has to be imported from New Zealand.

Once the hotels re-open, and the Island is pack with travellers from New Zealand. That demand for freight space for fresh produce is going to grow.

777ER
Head Moderator
Topic Author

Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 am

With the first confirmed cases of community transmission in over 100 days, how will Auckland going to level 3 and rest of New Zealand moving to level 2 till Friday affect NZ and JQ domestic services?
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

anstar

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

777ER wrote:
With the first confirmed cases of community transmission in over 100 days, how will Auckland going to level 3 and rest of New Zealand moving to level 2 till Friday affect NZ and JQ domestic services?

Level 3 restricts non essential travel so I guess that means JQ shuts down and NZ is scaled back to a govt funded network with social distancing.

777ER
Head Moderator
Topic Author

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 am

anstar wrote:
777ER wrote:

Level 3 restricts non essential travel so I guess that means JQ shuts down and NZ is scaled back to a govt funded network with social distancing.

Yet the rest of New Zealand is on level 2, so guess that means essential travel to Auckland only and normal travel from Auckland. Tomorrow we'll really know what is happening with JQ or see any idea
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789

Motorhussy

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:57 am

777ER wrote:
anstar wrote:
777ER wrote:

Yet the rest of New Zealand is on level 2, so guess that means essential travel to Auckland only and normal travel from Auckland. Tomorrow we'll really know what is happening with JQ or see any idea

Non-Aucklanders only allowed out after midday and returning Aucklanders and essential services workers allowed in. All people leaving Auckland being asked to remain vigilant about health status and adopt mask protocols etc.
come visit the south pacific

zkncj

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:30 am

[url]COVID-19 has impacted your entire booking, including flight JQ 297 to Queenstown.
Where possible, your flight has been rescheduled and you are confirmed on this new flight.
If this flight doesn’t fit your plans, or we were unable to reschedule, select view options to request a credit voucher for all the flights on your booking.[/url]

This is now what is what my JQ booking is displaying for Thursday morning..... I would assume they will retreat back into hibernation over the next week.

DavidByrne

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:52 am

Well, let's forget about any travel to the Cook Islands for the foreseeable future. They are already anxious about allowing NZers in even with no community transmission; now we can expect to see a long delay. Very unfortunate.

NZ6

Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm

DavidByrne wrote:
Well, let's forget about any travel to the Cook Islands for the foreseeable future. They are already anxious about allowing NZers in even with no community transmission; now we can expect to see a long delay. Very unfortunate.

While I tend to think you're right. Let's cross all our fingers and toes and hope they find the source and it's been contained early enough so we can get back on track quickly.

I heard some reports on the Cooks today, the country is or will be a verge of financial collapse without tourism soon. Obviously the alternative of having COVID on shore isn't any better

ZaphodHarkonnen

Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Wellington - Nelson and Wellington - Christchurch should still be operating I'd think. Level 2 does allow for inter-regional travel.

a7ala

Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:58 pm

ZaphodHarkonnen wrote:
Wellington - Nelson and Wellington - Christchurch should still be operating I'd think. Level 2 does allow for inter-regional travel.

And Wellington-Queenstown which is daily. There is no JQ Wellington-Nelson.

NZ516

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:50 am

a7ala wrote:
ZaphodHarkonnen wrote:

All non Auckland domestic routes are running as normal. Perhaps AIR NZ could operate a Whangarei to Wellington Q300 service to allow Northland people to connect to the rest of the nation.

Sylus

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:01 am

NZ516 wrote:
a7ala wrote:
ZaphodHarkonnen wrote:

All non Auckland domestic routes are running as normal. Perhaps AIR NZ could operate a Whangarei to Wellington Q300 service to allow Northland people to connect to the rest of the nation.

It's possible but may need to be payload restricted off that runway. Perhaps limited to 30-40 pax

NZ6

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:55 am

NZ516 wrote:
a7ala wrote:
ZaphodHarkonnen wrote:

Or WRE-HLZ.... For those who can't drive through. Can now fly over :-) :rotfl:

zkncj

Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:09 am

Sylus wrote:
NZ516 wrote:
a7ala wrote:

It's possible but may need to be payload restricted off that runway. Perhaps limited to 30-40 pax

Doesn't level two require NZ to go back to social distancing? only using the Window seats on the props.

pommiecommie

Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:36 am

Flew AKL - NPE today at 10.45. Only half wore masks, plus no spacing out of passengers........I had someone next to me, with empty rows all around! Come on NZ you can do better than this......

777ER
Head Moderator
Topic Author

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:47 am

pommiecommie wrote:
Flew AKL - NPE today at 10.45. Only half wore masks, plus no spacing out of passengers........I had someone next to me, with empty rows all around! Come on NZ you can do better than this......

NZ was technically doing nothing wrong as we were still in level 1. Maybe weight distribution played a part in you having a passenger beside you? If your flight departed after midday then it would have been different
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]

jimmyah

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:17 pm

zkncj wrote:
Sylus wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

Doesn't level two require NZ to go back to social distancing? only using the Window seats on the props.

I am flying WLG-CHC later today, by the looks of the seat map, social distancing is in place.

NZ516

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Kāpiti Coast Airport could be closed, as owner says they're 'reviewing all options'

Kāpiti Coast Airport faces possible closure with its owners “reviewing all options”, and word leaking out that it could shut by next month.

National Party candidate for the Ōtaki electorate Tim Costley said he understood the airport’s closure was imminent. Stuff understands it could be within five weeks.

The owner NZPropCo (NZPC) would look to rezone the land for residential development, Costley said.

NZPC says no decision has been made to close the airport but it is “reviewing all options” in the face of economic and safety concerns. It says it is looking for the “best solutions” for the future.

more:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/1 ... ll-options

I reckon the owners see more value in converting all the land into residential sections they could get 100s of new houses in the airport and the surrounding fields.. Perhaps the Kapiti Council could buy into the airport to help preserve its future. Will be a huge loss to the district if it is closed next month.

NZ516

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:42 pm

Air Chathams Defiant To Ensure Kapiti Airport Remains Open

Air Chathams rejects claims by Kapiti Coast Airport that passenger numbers are falling and says safety claims are misleading and an attempt to discourage use.

New airport owner, the property company Templeton Group bought the airport last year from Todd Property Group. Air Chathams has seen a major shift in route performance post Covid-19. Chief Operating Officer Duane Emeny, says the Kapiti to Auckland route was the weakest of the airline’s three North Island routes pre covid-19, but not now.

“With closed borders and continual traffic issues getting South to Wellington, the route has bounced back the fastest and now has the highest load factors and yields across our network”, he says.

more:
https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU2008/ ... s-open.htm

Looks like its their best performing route in their network so can understand they want to keep it.

NZ6

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:33 am

NZ516 wrote:
Kāpiti Coast Airport could be closed, as owner says they're 'reviewing all options'

Kāpiti Coast Airport faces possible closure with its owners “reviewing all options”, and word leaking out that it could shut by next month.

National Party candidate for the Ōtaki electorate Tim Costley said he understood the airport’s closure was imminent. Stuff understands it could be within five weeks.

The owner NZPropCo (NZPC) would look to rezone the land for residential development, Costley said.

NZPC says no decision has been made to close the airport but it is “reviewing all options” in the face of economic and safety concerns. It says it is looking for the “best solutions” for the future.

more:

I reckon the owners see more value in converting all the land into residential sections they could get 100s of new houses in the airport and the surrounding fields.. Perhaps the Kapiti Council could buy into the airport to help preserve its future. Will be a huge loss to the district if it is closed next month.

It's simply in the wrong place.

a) Right in the middle of town therefore - Long term expansion doesn't exist and noise complaints will be raised the moment an airline looked at early morning or evening flights
b) It's too close to WLG and too small itself to compete with the share volume of seats which most importantly cost less to run and therefore sell.

I'd love to see a Manawatu Regional Airport near Levin, pull in PMR, PPQ and all the surrounds like Foxton and Levin itself. With State Highway improvements you could get the trip down to 30mins from both major centers and both are on the same main trunk rail line which goes directly through all major centers.

IndianicWorld

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:23 am

NZ6 wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

more:

a) Right in the middle of town therefore - Long term expansion doesn't exist and noise complaints will be raised the moment an airline looked at early morning or evening flights
b) It's too close to WLG and too small itself to compete with the share volume of seats which most importantly cost less to run and therefore sell.

I'd love to see a Manawatu Regional Airport near Levin, pull in PMR, PPQ and all the surrounds like Foxton and Levin itself. With State Highway improvements you could get the trip down to 30mins from both major centers and both are on the same main trunk rail line which goes directly through all major centers.

It seems to be doing well at present based on the airlines statement, so maybe there is hope for it yet.

Not all airports have to be the busiest to be a valuable asset for a region, but once property groups get their hands on something, we all know that they will try and maximise that space all they can. Keeping aviation as a primary focus of the land usually becomes a secondary consideration.

a7ala

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:54 pm

NZ6 wrote:

Why isn't two airports an hour each away (1 to the North, 1 to the South) enough (I know WLG is probably more than an hour during peak)? And as you say getting closer with road improvements.

What other part of New Zealand is as well served by other airports as the Kapiti Coast? I guess maybe HLZ-TRG-ROT triangle...

ZaphodHarkonnen

Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:54 pm

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indust ... f-concrete

Looks like they're going to take advantage of the traffic downturn and do the other end of the runway too.

NZ6

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:24 pm

a7ala wrote:
NZ6 wrote:

Why isn't two airports an hour each away (1 to the North, 1 to the South) enough (I know WLG is probably more than an hour during peak)? And as you say getting closer with road improvements.

What other part of New Zealand is as well served by other airports as the Kapiti Coast? I guess maybe HLZ-TRG-ROT triangle...

I'm not entirely suggesting it's not enough, I'm really suggesting an alternative where you can utilize size and scale to your benefit.

The population of the lower North Island spreads up the Island and land availability for long-term development in the inner WLG region is limited which leads you to believe more growth further north over the next 50+years.

From PPQ to PMR it's between an hour and to an hour and a half drive so probably too far and with no jet services it's questionable if there's enough 'cheap' seats in the market to have any serious push for passengers to commit to that drive over WLG.

WLG is an hour give or take and offers a wide range of destinations and ample entry level price points. That's pulling power away from PPQ itself.

The fact NZ tried PPQ, 3C are now doing it proves there's some potential there.

The issue is how to make it work because WLG is down the road for PPQ.

- PMR and PPQ both are inner city airports which face the "nose" issue.
- Neither are big enough to justify jets or routes beyond AKL,CHC and NSN.

What could be done if they centralized air hub and cast a net over 60mins drive from X spot.

You can try that here; https://www.oalley.net/app/

While an hour may seem like a long drive when your currently have and airfield in the center of town. But does anyone see that working long term?

Also ROT,TRG,WHK (maybe HLZ) looked at a centralized airport concept. And... much like PPQ is to WLG, you could argue AKL being up the road from HLZ is one of the primary reasons why HLZ hasn't had long term success with international flights.

NZ6

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:32 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:
NZ6 wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

more:

It seems to be doing well at present based on the airlines statement, so maybe there is hope for it yet.

Not all airports have to be the busiest to be a valuable asset for a region, but once property groups get their hands on something, we all know that they will try and maximise that space all they can. Keeping aviation as a primary focus of the land usually becomes a secondary consideration.

That's an interesting comment, you mentioned both airline and airport. Two different sides of the topic.

1- As for the airline - If they are doing so well, will we see more services or are they saying what they have is working well that's it.
2- Airport - doesn't have to be the busiest but still has overheads to pay.

Combine the two, the one flight a day might stack up for work well for 3C but it's not going to pay the bills for the airport and if that and the other services don't cover it...

Having been there once, PPQ is literally in the middle of town. You could make a killing developing that land.

I'd only support it if there was an alternative built though.

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am

JQ has suspended all domestic flying in New Zealand until 26 August.

I guess crewing/aircraft rotations made WLG - CHC / ZQN too difficult.

https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/travel-alerts

Cheers,

C.

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:55 am

NZ516 wrote:
Perhaps AIR NZ could operate a Whangarei to Wellington Q300 service to allow Northland people to connect to the rest of the nation.

Didn't this route used to operate in the past, with the B1900D? Is it something Sounds Air could perhaps explore? The PC-12 has the range.

You do raise an interesting point more broadly - the potential for new domestic routes during this current period - e.g. the odd ZQN - HLZ etc.

Cheers,

C.

NZ516

Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:48 pm

planemanofnz wrote:
NZ516 wrote:
Perhaps AIR NZ could operate a Whangarei to Wellington Q300 service to allow Northland people to connect to the rest of the nation.

Didn't this route used to operate in the past, with the B1900D? Is it something Sounds Air could perhaps explore? The PC-12 has the range.

You do raise an interesting point more broadly - the potential for new domestic routes during this current period - e.g. the odd ZQN - HLZ etc.

Cheers,

C.

A PC12 is too small with only 9 seats and the high costs for running a service are spread over fewer seats which forces up the ticket prices to very high levels. As can be seen on the other SA services.
Air Chathams with their Saab might be better suited for a WRE to WLG flight. But for the best option is Air NZ so passengers can connect with the rest of the nation on the one booking.

planemanofnz

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 pm

Even though the rest of the country is only at level 2, it seems NZ has cut most of its remaining domestic flights.

For example, no CHC-WLG flights 20-25 August can be booked, at this stage.

Cheers,

C.

NZ516

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:02 am

planemanofnz wrote:
Even though the rest of the country is only at level 2, it seems NZ has cut most of its remaining domestic flights.

Cheers,

C.

So all domestic flying has been banned then?
Personally I think this is an over reaction and that the South Island should remain at level 1 as no positive Covid cases have been found. This decision will do unnecessary harm to the economy.

AviatorNZ

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:46 am

planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I think they're reworking the schedule to best utilise fleet and crew (for example, some A320 services between WLG, CHC, ZQN, and DUD relied on the aircraft arriving from AKL).

LYuen

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:27 am

planemanofnz wrote:
NZ516 wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I would like to see Air NZ utilizing other airports to strengthen the North Island-South Island/WLG link when AKL is basically inaccessible now.
I remember HLZ is capable of operating A320? That could be a solution, flying HLZ-WLG, HLZ-CHC with the jet.

planemanofnz

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:02 am

AviatorNZ wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I think they're reworking the schedule to best utilise fleet and crew (for example, some A320 services between WLG, CHC, ZQN, and DUD relied on the aircraft arriving from AKL).

Surely there are some WLG and/or CHC based props and crew though?

Cheers,

C.

zkncj

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:13 am

NZ516 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

So all domestic flying has been banned then?
Personally I think this is an over reaction and that the South Island should remain at level 1 as no positive Covid cases have been found. This decision will do unnecessary harm to the economy.

Without trying to end up sounding political, but if we want an tourism industry left in New Zealand (including airlines).

We can’t keep going jumping alert levels like this, even if this is just an two week shutdown. It will be engough to push some smaller operators out of bussines.

I get that COVID-19 isn’t an great thing, but the more we let it control us the more damage it will cause the industry.

AKL based passengers pay an major part to helping the industry restore. Yet we are not cut off from the rest of the country.

NZ6

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 am

planemanofnz wrote:
AviatorNZ wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Surely there are some WLG and/or CHC based props and crew though?

Cheers,

C.

Most aircraft/crew cycle through AKL during any given day. So complete changes are happening urgently.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos