Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tullamarine

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - August 2020

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 am

timtam wrote:
Those shareholders that took up the Qantas share offer are having the last laugh - they are sitting on a nice 22c/share profit as of today.

Thats the difference between mum and dad investors who dont really know what they are doing and professional investors.

Everyone agrees shares are best treated as a long-term investment so a 22c gain on day one is neither here nor there and 1/3 of this gain flows from the discount on issue anyway. The prospective huge company losses that QAN will incur in the next few years means there is little likelihood of QAN paying franked dividends for the foreseeable future and this will weigh heavier on the decisions of private investors than a one day gain.

Very few investors would be interested in going overweight in airlines or airports at the moment so shortfall is not surprising.

vheca

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 am

SCFlyer wrote:
All flights from Melbourne and regional Victoria are now treated as "International Arrivals", will arrive at the International Terminal and will be listed under "International" on the Sydney Airport website per recent NSW/VIC border changes.

https://twitter.com/SydneyAirport/statu ... 2826281984

I now, truly, feel like I am a "Mexican".

Hoping that this is short lived and that we can get a handle on this as soon as possible.

Cheers

VHECA

myki

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:15 am

People know what do.
People aren't doing it.
So who knows how long it goes for.

Meanwhile, sticking to aviation (that's why we're here, right?) my source is only Facebook discussions so not really a source, but talk that EK will be stopping SYD. Whether they mean DXB-SYD, DXB-SYD-CHC or SYD-CHC no idea. So yes, just a rumour for now, has anybody heard anything similar or knows more?

eamondzhang

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:10 am

myki wrote:
People know what do.
People aren't doing it.

Meanwhile, sticking to aviation (that's why we're here, right?) my source is only Facebook discussions so not really a source, but talk that EK will be stopping SYD. Whether they mean DXB-SYD, DXB-SYD-CHC or SYD-CHC no idea. So yes, just a rumour for now, has anybody heard anything similar or knows more?

I wouldn't be surprised if SYD-CHC is going permanently but I will be surprised if anything else is going permanently. Temporarily maybe, but not permanently.

Did they still do BKK-SYD prior to COVID or it's dead in the water already?

Michael

timtam

Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:51 am

tullamarine wrote:
timtam wrote:
Those shareholders that took up the Qantas share offer are having the last laugh - they are sitting on a nice 22c/share profit as of today.

Thats the difference between mum and dad investors who dont really know what they are doing and professional investors.

Everyone agrees shares are best treated as a long-term investment so a 22c gain on day one is neither here nor there and 1/3 of this gain flows from the discount on issue anyway. The prospective huge company losses that QAN will incur in the next few years means there is little likelihood of QAN paying franked dividends for the foreseeable future and this will weigh heavier on the decisions of private investors than a one day gain.

Very few investors would be interested in going overweight in airlines or airports at the moment so shortfall is not surprising.

$2.5k profit for 15 minutes work filling in the forms and then flipping the shares on day 1. What happens in the next few years is irrelevant.

aschachter

Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:03 am

Hi All,

Sorry if anyone has discussed this before.

I have heard rumors from a couple of Very Senior Travel Agent Industry Contacts of a new group looking to start Domestic Airline Operations in Australia.

I have asked whether the person may have been confused with Rex and their forthcoming Jet Operation, Virgin Post Administration or even this supposed 757/767 freight carrier and this person, said it wasn't that , but wouldn't name who it was going to be or would be backing it, but they both said they had deep pockets and wouldn't let it fail.

I did ask whether COVID may have delayed this, but they were sure, it was going to start in 2021.

Deano969

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:11 am

aschachter wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry if anyone has discussed this before.

I have heard rumors from a couple of Very Senior Travel Agent Industry Contacts of a new group looking to start Domestic Airline Operations in Australia.

I have asked whether the person may have been confused with Rex and their forthcoming Jet Operation, Virgin Post Administration or even this supposed 757/767 freight carrier and this person, said it wasn't that , but wouldn't name who it was going to be or would be backing it, but they both said they had deep pockets and wouldn't let it fail.

I did ask whether COVID may have delayed this, but they were sure, it was going to start in 2021.

Alliance maybe with 14 e190s
Although I don't know how "group with deep pockets" would fit this
However their purchase of these jets came out of the blue

If I were to want to run against QF and VA, then I would want a point of difference and the ERJ 190 is just that

And can't see the Ejets replacing the Fokkers just yet as the last batch were still being delivered in late 2019, so I would hardly think they were going to be fazed out so soon

ZK-NBT

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 am

eamondzhang wrote:
myki wrote:
People know what do.
People aren't doing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if SYD-CHC is going permanently but I will be surprised if anything else is going permanently. Temporarily maybe, but not permanently.

Did they still do BKK-SYD prior to COVID or it's dead in the water already?

Michael

BKK-SYD hasn't operated for some time now well before COVID. EK aren't going to drop SYD however CHC could be at risk I guess.

Kent350787

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 am

Deano969 wrote:
[
And can't see the Ejets replacing the Fokkers just yet as the last batch were still being delivered in late 2019, so I would hardly think they were going to be fazed out so soon

I expect you'll see them phased out sooner than expected, even though the public announcement on the E-jets was regarding growth. The Fokkers are solid workhorses, but ageing, with a chunk of the Austrian purchases to provide a parts supply.

IndianicWorld

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 am

What is it with people looking to start new airlines. We all know the famous line about the fastest way to be a millionaire... start as a billionaire and then start an airline.

The economic climate over the next few years will be brutal, which will effect everything from business to leisure demand.

I know it may appear to some that some airlines like QF and VA 2.0 are vulnerable, but the reality is that any new carrier will have an uphill struggle ahead of them to try and capture the market. Even an established brand like Rex Isn’t exactly going to find moving into another sector of the market an easy task.

flyfresno

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:21 pm

With Virgin supposedly going all domestic (plus New Zealand and Bali), will DL look to pick up any TPAC routes once things rebound? They would be down from 4 per day to 1 between the US and Australia with Virgin gone. Would they look at BNE? Another SYD? Thoughts?

RyanairGuru

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:24 pm

flyfresno wrote:
With Virgin supposedly going all domestic (plus New Zealand and Bali), will DL look to pick up any TPAC routes once things rebound? They would be down from 4 per day to 1 between the US and Australia with Virgin gone. Would they look at BNE? Another SYD? Thoughts?

Not anytime soon. It will be a very long time before demand to the USA returns to anything approaching normal. The Australian border will be closed for a long time to come, and unless the situation in the US starts to improve soon I wouldn't be shocked if it is one of the last countries that we open up to. Even if demand did bounce back quite quickly Delta have just retired their entire 777 fleet and have cancelled A350 deliveries, so they won't have the fleet to add new longhaul routes.

Gael23

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:43 pm

Is there any updated information on when international tourists will be allowed entry? Hoping for April 2022 at this point

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Gael23 wrote:
Is there any updated information on when international tourists will be allowed entry? Hoping for April 2022 at this point

Nothing that I've heard, and I'm a local. We are also not allowed out of the country either except in very special circumstances.

It's meant that an overseas trip I should have done this year, but offered to rebook next year is going to be a complete loss and I'm resigned to losing $4000 that I spent on it.

People here refuse to isolate themselves and do the steps required to try and stop this disease, so there will never be an end to this.

Kent350787

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Gael23 wrote:

Our Prime Minister flagged a couple of days ago that even internal borders may not be fully open by the end of the year. April 2022 seems safe, but I'd expect quarantine requements of some descritption to still be in place unless the virus has died out naturally or there is a safe, effective, widely availble vaccine by that time. I wouldn't be including the state of Victoria in your plans - with over 8,000 active cases, compared to 250 in NSW (the next highest state number, and a more populous state), that border will be the last to open.

The challenge will be reopening to the world whilst trying to maintain elimination or at least hard suppression of the virus.

moa999

Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Gael23 wrote:
Australia may open in 2022 but, without a vaccine, I suspect it will be with compulsory 2wk quarantine, which tends to rule out most tourists, other than say backpackers here for a 6/12 month adventure

timtam

Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:57 am

timtam wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
timtam wrote:

$2.5k profit for 15 minutes work filling in the forms and then flipping the shares on day 1. What happens in the next few years is irrelevant.

Make that a $4k profit as of this morning for those shareholders that participated in the capital raising. 13% return on the funds invested.

Only 5% of the eligible shareholders participated.

tullamarine

Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:42 am

timtam wrote:
timtam wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

Make that a $4k profit as of this morning for those shareholders that participated in the capital raising. 13% return on the funds invested.

It is a good gain but I'm not sure where the $4K comes from; is that your personal situation? QF has stated that they are issuing 22.5M shares to 8660 shareholders at $3.18 This means the average participating shareholder is investing $8261.64 and receiving 2598 shares. With a gain of $0.40 per share, this equals $1039 gain.

Foopz

Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:10 am

SCFlyer wrote:
All flights from Melbourne and regional Victoria are now treated as "International Arrivals", will arrive at the International Terminal and will be listed under "International" on the Sydney Airport website per recent NSW/VIC border changes.

https://twitter.com/SydneyAirport/statu ... 2826281984

QF at PER is also doing this and has been for the last 3 weeks, with all interstate arrivals processed through the T3 International Arrivals area.

Gael23

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:22 am

Kent350787 wrote:
Gael23 wrote:

Our Prime Minister flagged a couple of days ago that even internal borders may not be fully open by the end of the year. April 2022 seems safe, but I'd expect quarantine requements of some descritption to still be in place unless the virus has died out naturally or there is a safe, effective, widely availble vaccine by that time. I wouldn't be including the state of Victoria in your plans - with over 8,000 active cases, compared to 250 in NSW (the next highest state number, and a more populous state), that border will be the last to open.

The challenge will be reopening to the world whilst trying to maintain elimination or at least hard suppression of the virus.

I want to travel to Western Australian and maybe Sydney for a few days but thats a long way from Perth so might not be practical. It’s not an option while hotel quarantine is in place though but I can’t imagine that policy can be kept up indefinitely

Kent350787

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:25 am

Gael23 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
Gael23 wrote:

I want to travel to Western Australian and maybe Sydney for a few days but thats a long way from Perth so might not be practical. It’s not an option while hotel quarantine is in place though but I can’t imagine that policy can be kept up indefinitely

Policed hotel quarantine has been at the core of the Oz strategy, and almost saw us at elimination stage before the Victorian outbreak (which was started from poorly managed hotel quarantine). As we Aussies always remind people from the US, our country is a similar size to the lower 48. WA has already eliminated the virus from the community as far as can be known. And yes, Sydney is a long way form Perth - it's not just a side-trip. Perth is the most isolated major city in the world.

CraigAnderson

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:43 am

Virgin Australia reportedly told staff today that 400 QLD-based jobs will be made redundant. It's not known how many of those are based in Bowen Hills or at BNE or in regional areas such as lounges which may be closed. But given VA's head office moving to smaller premises in the city as well as axing most types bar the B737s, having fewer B737s in the air, and no international routes on the horizon, none of that can come as a shock to anybody. I'm surprised the numbers aren't lower actually. I've heard that quite a few of the jobs will be managers and middle management, so its' not just the 'front line' who are taking a hit.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/virgi ... 1410b69570

An767

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:31 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Virgin Australia reportedly told staff today that 400 QLD-based jobs will be made redundant. It's not known how many of those are based in Bowen Hills or at BNE or in regional areas such as lounges which may be closed. But given VA's head office moving to smaller premises in the city as well as axing most types bar the B737s, having fewer B737s in the air, and no international routes on the horizon, none of that can come as a shock to anybody. I'm surprised the numbers aren't lower actually. I've heard that quite a few of the jobs will be managers and middle management, so its' not just the 'front line' who are taking a hit.

So much for the $200 million pumped in by the QLD Government to keep all jobs in QLD safe. It was to be expected so should not be a shock to most

AN767

EK413

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:34 am

Gael23 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
Gael23 wrote:

Wants & Needs...

Is your travel really necessary? We trying to control the virus not spread it... Regardless if you feel fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanairGuru

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:34 am

Gael23 wrote:
Kent350787 wrote:
Gael23 wrote:

Hotel quarantine in 18-24 months is not far fetched at this point, but nobody knows either way. Northern Territory announced today that their domestic border restrictions will exist in some form or another for 18 months, and while we still have closed internal borders I cannot see any tolerance for opening international borders.

tullamarine

Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:39 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

With 3 types being removed from the fleet, there will be significant numbers coming out of the operations areas. I believe principal maintenance for the ATRs was Qld so all these people will go. I understand 777s were largely maintained in SYD and LAX so there will be pain in those locations also. Not sure about the A330s.

eta unknown

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:02 am

An767 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

So much for the $200 million pumped in by the QLD Government to keep all jobs in QLD safe. It was to be expected so should not be a shock to most

AN767

It was never about keeping g all QLD jobs safe, rather keeping the HQ in QLD.

TN486T

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

Restrictions on travel both domestically and internationally will be in place in some form until at least end 2021. I would have thought the prospects of travel in our minds should be "deleted" for the next 18 months and our thoughts and energy redirected to more positive things. There goes the anxiety and mental triggers, yes.
Another new airline with deep pockets!! oh boy, time for a reality check. walk along the path of Australian Aviation and you can't help noticing the debris on both sides of the path. Warren Buffet should be consulted before any new airline operation. cheers all.

TN486T

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:39 am

https://worldofaviation.com/2020/08/how ... =110820200

A very interesting article worth reading. Lot's of Victorians (and I am one of them) are putting our energies into ensuring we have a safe environment to live and can see first hand we have not yet reached the "new normal", and are fully aware the old normal shall never return.

Qantas737

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Fly Corporate has rebranded to "Link Airways"

https://www.linkairways.com/

moa999

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Assume the rest of the Link Airways livery doesn't change given they already used multiple blue stripes

kriskim

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Qantas737 wrote:

They really need to hire an agency for their branding. And if they did, I wouldn’t be paying for this hideous logo.

Qantas737

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:53 pm

kriskim wrote:
Qantas737 wrote:

They really need to hire an agency for their branding. And if they did, I wouldn’t be paying for this hideous logo.

Yeah I have to agree that neither their former or new branding is anything to get excited by.

timtam

Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:26 pm

tullamarine wrote:
timtam wrote:
timtam wrote:

It is a good gain but I'm not sure where the $4K comes from; is that your personal situation? QF has stated that they are issuing 22.5M shares to 8660 shareholders at $3.18 This means the average participating shareholder is investing $8261.64 and receiving 2598 shares. With a gain of $0.40 per share, this equals $1039 gain.

Every shareholder could apply for $30,000 of shares under the plan. So an investor who took full advantage of the opportunity has netted almost a $4k profit.

Extend this over the $420m of equity not taken up, it equates to around $50m of profit that those shareholders have missed out on.

Easy to talk about with the benefit of hindsight though.

tullamarine

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:23 am

I just participated in an interesting AiGroup webinar where the main topic was international freight and the leaders of the federal government's INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT ASSISTANCE MECHANISM program presented. This is the $110M program where the federal government are buying additional freight capacity to ensure importers and exporters have access to uplift on top of the normal freight channels. Despite the additional capacity being purchased by the government, there is still a significant shortage in freight capacity with large amounts of less profitable freight being left behind in places like PVG and LAX. The IFAM website https://www.austrade.gov.au/news/news/international-freight-assistance-mechanism shows the current freight capacity coming into and out of Australia as well as that which is being subsidised by the government.

allrite

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:30 am

Here's a sobering thought. Virtually every passenger flying into or out of Australia right now is probably either fleeing COVID-19 for home or is travelling to see a loved one in a bad way. How miserable must those flights be?

qf002

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:36 am

timtam wrote:
Every shareholder could apply for $30,000 of shares under the plan. So an investor who took full advantage of the opportunity has netted almost a $4k profit.

Extend this over the $420m of equity not taken up, it equates to around $50m of profit that those shareholders have missed out on.

Easy to talk about with the benefit of hindsight though.

Except that basic economics dictates that the share price would not have reacted in the same way if all $500m worth of SPP had been taken up.

747m8te

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm

allrite wrote:
Here's a sobering thought. Virtually every passenger flying into or out of Australia right now is probably either fleeing COVID-19 for home or is travelling to see a loved one in a bad way. How miserable must those flights be?

Actually the majority of passengers travelling in or out of Australia would be because of the status of their visas expiring or work/study status overseas changing because the restrictions (both Australians returning from overseas and foreign nationals leaving Australia) more than anything else.

allrite

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:09 pm

747m8te wrote:
allrite wrote:

Actually the majority of passengers travelling in or out of Australia would be because of the status of their visas expiring or work/study status overseas changing because the restrictions (both Australians returning from overseas and foreign nationals leaving Australia) more than anything else.

That's what I meant in less dramatic terms by "fleeing for home". People's lives disrupted in ways they probably didn't plan for or want. Not passengers heading away on holidays or adventures, doing deals or starting studies. Some will be happy to go, but by most accounts I've seen, not without a lot of stress.

myki

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:23 pm

allrite wrote:
747m8te wrote:
allrite wrote:

That's what I meant in less dramatic terms by "fleeing for home". People's lives disrupted in ways they probably didn't plan for or want. Not passengers heading away on holidays or adventures, doing deals or starting studies. Some will be happy to go, but by most accounts I've seen, not without a lot of stress.

Also expats coming back to Australia to visit family/friends before heading back out of the country again, in fact some would be excited and looking forward to seeing their loved ones for the once-a-year visit - but yes this would not be the majority though.

VH-BZF

Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 am

tullamarine wrote:
I just participated in an interesting AiGroup webinar where the main topic was international freight and the leaders of the federal government's INTERNATIONAL FREIGHT ASSISTANCE MECHANISM program presented. This is the $110M program where the federal government are buying additional freight capacity to ensure importers and exporters have access to uplift on top of the normal freight channels. Despite the additional capacity being purchased by the government, there is still a significant shortage in freight capacity with large amounts of less profitable freight being left behind in places like PVG and LAX. The IFAM website https://www.austrade.gov.au/news/news/international-freight-assistance-mechanism shows the current freight capacity coming into and out of Australia as well as that which is being subsidised by the government.

I note that with these sponsored freight flights, that JAL (cargo) will make a quick 12 week (1 x weekly) return to Brisbane, alongside it's SYD & MEL flights. Still plenty of freight activity out of SYD/MEL primarily, SQ has joined CX out of Wellcamp.

BZF

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:35 am

The outcome of the legal action against VA's pending sale to Bain Capital by the VA bondholders should be out on Monday. (Executive Traveller).
Former Virgin Blue co-founder Sherrard alongside 4 other former Virgin Group executives are leading the class action on behalf of the bondholders.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... lian-hands

qf789

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:51 am

REX is said to be working on a deal with lessors for 10 737's. The 737's are to come from Virgin which are now surplus to the Virgin.

Sources to the story say that REX cut a deal with lessors after Virgin told the lessors that the aircraft were no longer needed.

It is not yet known how much the deal is worth

https://www.afr.com/street-talk/take-of ... 812-p55kuj

Kent350787

Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 am

VH-BZF wrote:
I note that with these sponsored freight flights, that JAL (cargo) will make a quick 12 week (1 x weekly) return to Brisbane, alongside it's SYD & MEL flights. Still plenty of freight activity out of SYD/MEL primarily, SQ has joined CX out of Wellcamp.

Is CX doing Wellcamp direct? I noticed a 773 flight departing SYD-WTB the other day.

IndianicWorld

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:07 am

Re: REX, not a bad idea to try and work on getting very favourable terms at a time like this. Terminal access should also be an easier task with everything going on, so if it does press play on this venture, at least it has the ability to position itself in a stronger cost and product position in the process.

As for VA, we know that the bond holders would love to get a bigger slice of the cake, but honestly the airline is doomed if it goes down a path without a clear direction. It needs to have the capacity to finance an operation that will have to ride the COVID rollercoaster for some time to come also.

Power grabs to boost influence appeared to be a fixture of the last few years of the airline. Let’s hope things can be settled soon.

zkncj

Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:23 am

qf789 wrote:
REX is said to be working on a deal with lessors for 10 737's. The 737's are to come from Virgin which are now surplus to the Virgin.

Sources to the story say that REX cut a deal with lessors after Virgin told the lessors that the aircraft were no longer needed.

Was the old ex-ZK-PB* fleet leased? most of them ended up with TT and are getting older.
These frames probably could be picked up for an steal.

Qantas16

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:15 am

Kent350787 wrote:
VH-BZF wrote:

Is CX doing Wellcamp direct? I noticed a 773 flight departing SYD-WTB the other day.

CX has been doing a HKG-MEL-WTB-HKG service weekly with a 747 Freighter for a while now but have increased over the last couple of months to introduce a weekly HKG-SYD-WTB-HKG service with a 77W pax aircraft (though only carrying cargo). Not surprising that it's not doing direct into WTB from HKG as there is significantly less demand for inbound freight and would also introduce complexities with crewing.

SQ recently introduced a once weekly SIN-SYD-WTB-SIN service with the A359 pax aircraft, again only carrying cargo. This service was initially meant to run for 6 weeks but has been extended further.

qf2048

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:30 am

I had a long weekend away in Byron Bay just gone. It was a very strange feel at Sydney airport. Our JQ fight was full to the brim BTW.
Was interesting to see REX were using some of the VA gates. There was a couple of REX flights using gate 31 rather than the usual lower level bus gates. Rex had a flight to BNK too around the same time as our JQ, it was on gate 52 from memory.

ArtV

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:33 am

qf789 wrote:

I still don't see how Deloitte has a leg to stand on here with the process, and I would be worried if I was Bain.

The law is very clear that it is the Creditors meeting that approves and decides on Deed of Arrangements (or otherwise) and that Creditors and other parties can put forward arrangements for voting. The Administrator is entitled to recommend and favour a specific deal, but without Court directions otherwise to accept a deal without Creditor meeting consent, certainly exposes them as Administrators....and doesn't help Bain at all.

Kent350787

Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:20 am

Qantas16 wrote:
SQ recently introduced a once weekly SIN-SYD-WTB-SIN service with the A359 pax aircraft, again only carrying cargo. This service was initially meant to run for 6 weeks but has been extended further.

Coincidentally I saw it departing tonight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos