Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mict

Re: Turkish Aviation August 2020

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Flying ADB-IST-SFO in J (currently onboard TK79 to SFO), here is a quick trip report:

ADB:
-Domestic lounge is closed, too bad as it offered a lot of convenience being almost like a separate "terminal"
-Primeclass lounge open (PriorityPass), food in pre packaged boxes while drinks were self serve (tea station, coffee station, open wine bottles or bottled drinks)
-Airport was empty (Expected for a Sunday morning at 7am)

ADB-IST Flight:
-737-800 with proper J seats (next flight operated by 77W)
-Almost full in Y, 4 or 5 open seats in J (out of 16)
-Service consisted of a small cup of water (the ones that have the lid closed like you usually get with your meal), no food
-Surprisingly (for a flight in Turkey), everyone stayed seated as requested by the crew when we arrived at the gate and only got up when their seat rows were called

IST:
-Arrived at the furthest gate of the G pier, arrival floor empty, no other fights
-Arrived first at transfer/connection immigration from our flight, no other passengers in sight
-Was asked to turn on my electronics at security but otherwise was fast
-In the international terminal they completely closed the F pier and anything on the way to it east of D gates, no lights on, all stores shut down

IST Lounge:
-Business lounge closed, Miles & Smiles lounge open (not sure about non-TK lounges)
-Arrived around 10am and it was pretty empty but quite busy by 11am
-Cold food is offered in packaged containers
-Pide and grilled Kofte/Chicken stations were open
-For hot food, the chefs would plate it for you but this was inefficient and long queues formed to get hot food
-No alcoholic beverages offered (not even beer), but self serve hot drink stations open

IST-SFO:
-787-900, looked very full in Y, 5 or 6 empty seats in J
-At the security of the gate, they are pretty thoroughly checking you satisfy the Covid US entry requirements (I am traveling on a EU passport so they made sure I wasn't in Schengen 14 days prior to today)
-I had the luck of getting SSSSed on my Boarding pass but the extra checks were fast
-My original seat (8K) was broken so I was moved to 7F at checkin but the crew was nice and offered me 1K or 7K (you really want 2/4/6/8 A/K on the 787 though, which were all, of course taken)
-First time in the 787 J seat (had multiple flights on the 77W one) and I like it a lot more than the other one. But I can see why taller people or groups would prefer the alternative.
-Wifi is super fast, probably best I have had in the sky, although now has a 1Gb limit for J passengers and 400Mb for Elite / Elite+ members (used to be unlimited IIRC)
-Blankets and pillows are provided
-I slept through meal service but requested it about 4 hours into the flight which was no problem since it's a cold meal
-Consisted of a Cheese and veggies durum, a chicken salad, egg plant salad and hummus. It was tastier than I expected but still not thrilled about the catering situation and would not choose TK again if given an alternative (not many on ADB-SFO...) until they fix this
-Drinks all bottled/canned, wine in small bottles

6 more hours to go now, will try to post an update on the rest of the flight and pics tomorrow

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:48 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Ty for the info TK787. Any chance the 787 will eventually do the BOS route?

I have no idea. But TK has been using the 787s on almost any Long Haul route since the restart besides the short European Capital runs.
777s doing the Cargo runs, and with lower demand routes, 787s replacing the 777s, like SFO, ORD, ATL, MIA, MNL, KBP...
So 787s with their better economics are in demand these days. 4 more ready at KPAE to join TK. And 359s are also ready to join.
So, I imagine a matter of time, like everything else but at the moment it is all uncertain.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:31 pm

mict wrote:
Flying ADB-IST-SFO in J (currently onboard TK79 to SFO), here is a quick trip report:

Thanks for the TR:
Wow, quiet bare bones for J.
-How about the pax and crew wearing masks, any compliance issues? Anyone with face shields? How are the bathrooms cleaned on the SFO flight?
Bon Voyage :)
By the way, how is the ride over the Atlantic today?

Thanks.

Mystic

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Flew TK on the A321Neo from AMS. I hope TK brings back their regular meal service before too long, the sandwich is hardly edible. There were maybe 50ish pax max. Most rows only had 1 maybe 2 people. I was surprised because the B777 flight from 6 weeks earlier was completely packed. Interestingly there were 2 dutch pilots in uniform, I wonder where they were going. Pegasus SAW to AYT was completely full. No food or meals available in the flight shop, only drinks. Will be taking 2 more flights this week.

fil87

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:55 pm

mict wrote:

ADB:
-Domestic lounge is closed, too bad as it offered a lot of convenience being almost like a separate "terminal"
-Primeclass lounge open (PriorityPass), food in pre packaged boxes while drinks were self serve (tea station, coffee station, open wine bottles or bottled drinks)

ADB-IST Flight:
-Service consisted of a small cup of water (the ones that have the lid closed like you usually get with your meal), no food
-Surprisingly (for a flight in Turkey), everyone stayed seated as requested by the crew when we arrived at the gate and only got up when their seat rows were called

IST:
-Arrived at the furthest gate of the G pier, arrival floor empty, no other fights
-Arrived first at transfer/connection immigration from our flight, no other passengers in sight
-In the international terminal they completely closed the F pier and anything on the way to it east of D gates, no lights on, all stores shut down

IST Lounge:
-Business lounge closed, Miles & Smiles lounge open (not sure about non-TK lounges)
-For hot food, the chefs would plate it for you but this was inefficient and long queues formed to get hot food
-No alcoholic beverages offered (not even beer), but self serve hot drink stations open

IST-SFO:
-At the security of the gate, they are pretty thoroughly checking you satisfy the Covid US entry requirements (I am traveling on a EU passport so they made sure I wasn't in Schengen 14 days prior to today)
-I had the luck of getting SSSSed on my Boarding pass but the extra checks were fast
-My original seat (8K) was broken so I was moved to 7F at checkin but the crew was nice and offered me 1K or 7K (you really want 2/4/6/8 A/K on the 787 though, which were all, of course taken)
-First time in the 787 J seat (had multiple flights on the 77W one) and I like it a lot more than the other one. But I can see why taller people or groups would prefer the alternative.
-Wifi is super fast, probably best I have had in the sky, although now has a 1Gb limit for J passengers and 400Mb for Elite / Elite+ members (used to be unlimited IIRC)
-I slept through meal service but requested it about 4 hours into the flight which was no problem since it's a cold meal
-Consisted of a Cheese and veggies durum, a chicken salad, egg plant salad and hummus. It was tastier than I expected but still not thrilled about the catering situation and would not choose TK again if given an alternative (not many on ADB-SFO...) until they fix this

6 more hours to go now, will try to post an update on the rest of the flight and pics tomorrow

Truly shameful from Turkish Airlines. Flew Venice to Zurich on SWISS Economy yesterday (45 min flight) and was really surprised since nothing has changed compared to pre-Covid-19. Even beer & small bottles of wine available. At this stage, I would not expect TK to switch back to the normal service anytime before the end of the year. Will completely avoid them until then.

Blerg

Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:45 am

fil87 wrote:
mict wrote:

ADB:

ADB-IST Flight:

IST:

IST Lounge:

IST-SFO:

Truly shameful from Turkish Airlines. Flew Venice to Zurich on SWISS Economy yesterday (45 min flight) and was really surprised since nothing has changed compared to pre-Covid-19. Even beer & small bottles of wine available. At this stage, I would not expect TK to switch back to the normal service anytime before the end of the year. Will completely avoid them until then.

How was the load on that flight? I think it's a LH Group decision to keep service as it was before the crisis. Nice to see they did not cut it.

fil87

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:48 am

Blerg wrote:
fil87 wrote:
mict wrote:

ADB:

ADB-IST Flight:

IST:

IST Lounge:

IST-SFO:

How was the load on that flight? I think it's a LH Group decision to keep service as it was before the crisis. Nice to see they did not cut it.

Flight was around 75% full. As a comparison to TK, SWISS was not really affected by significant cuts (especially in & out of Zurich due to Swiss German customers being very demanding, different story for Geneva flights), but Lufthansa was: I also flew Frankfurt to Krakow return in Eco (both flights full) & Frankfurt to Venice one way also in Eco (flight 50% full) in the last two weeks: for both flights, the (inedible) sandwich & drink selection are gone for now: offer is limited to a bottle of still water. At the same time, hot food & alcohol are back at the Frankfurt Senator Lounge (Schengen), including spirits & Italian prosecco.

Aeroflot777

Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:54 am

mict wrote:
IST-SFO:

Thanks for the report! My father is actually in the air right now on TK80 flying your same 787 on the return leg back to IST. We were both interested in what the service would be like, so thanks for the insight. Hoping the THY Hotel Desk at IST is operational since he has a 14 hour layover.

767Forever

Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi, a friend of mine is booked on Anadolujet, SAW-STN on 29 August. She has not been able to choose seats on the website as it keeps saying there is a technical difficulty. Is this normal? or is this sign of potential cancellation or overbooking?

767Forever

Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi, a friend of mine is booked on Anadolujet, SAW-STN on 29 August. She has not been able to choose seats on the website as it keeps saying there is a technical difficulty. Is this normal? or is this sign of potential cancellation or overbooking?

mict

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Follow up on the rest of the flight:

-Second meal was served about 2 hours before landing.
-Consisted of a cold sandwich, fruits and dessert. No hot drinks.
-The passengers sitting on the other side (A seats) had a scenic approach with views of the Golden Gate (I was unfortunately seated in K).
-CBP was empty, just had to wait a little for my bag, took me a little over 30 minutes from seat to curb.

Overall, I enjoyed my flight as I didn't have high expectations but can't wait for the old TK to come back.

TK787 wrote:
mict wrote:

Thanks for the TR:
Wow, quiet bare bones for J.
-How about the pax and crew wearing masks, any compliance issues? Anyone with face shields? How are the bathrooms cleaned on the SFO flight?
Bon Voyage :)
By the way, how is the ride over the Atlantic today?

Thanks.

Crew were wearing masks. Haven't seen a passenger without a mask but you really can't see anyone else when sitting in the new J seat. Saw 1 passenger with a face shield in my cabin, not sure about Y.
I used the Y bathroom twice and the J one once and it was quite clean each time so I assume the crew was cleaning them regularly.
Ride over the Atlantic was rather calm, some light turbulence around Iceland but didn't last more than ~15 minutes.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:12 pm

767Forever wrote:
She has not been able to choose seats on the website

I don't see any problems with the flight.
Couple suggestions; call the TK call center and try to get seat assignment, or wait till e-checkin, 24 hours before the flight, you will be able to get a seat assignment/pay extra for better seats.

"mict" thanks for the update on the rest of the SFO flight.

OTTOMANAIR

Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Just flew on TK2327 ADB - IST in J class. As previously reported by mict, the (food) service is has been drastically downgraded. Only a plastic cup of water offered, nothing else. I can understand that they wanna reduce contact between crew and passengers, but the crew is still in touch when handing out the small cups of water. I personally believe that they use this virus as an excuse to reduce their expenditures. TK really needs to bring back their old service back, because that is what made them very better than the others!

Lounge in ADB was closed, unfortunately. Was really curious how the lounge over there was closed. I wonder if business class tickets are cheaper as well, since some services are not being offered anymore.

calstanford

Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:36 pm

OTTOMANAIR wrote:
I personally believe that they use this virus as an excuse to reduce their expenditures.

Without a doubt.
It doesn't matter on a 1hr domestic flight.

But I flew IST-HKG and no edible food (besides an old stale salad) really made my stomach turn (especially as the lounges were closed when I flew end of June too). The then 10hour wait at HKG for Covid Test didn't help.

There is zero reason to hand out cold food instead of warm. If anything, I feel LESS safe eating cold food than heated food, as heat kills viruses.

TK773ER

Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:04 am

Turkish Airlines moves Newark / Vancouver launch to Nov/Dec 2020
new schedule below ;
Istanbul – Newark Service further delayed to 21NOV20, 1 daily A330-300
Istanbul – Vancouver Service further delayed to 01DEC20, 3 weekly 787-9
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... vdec-2020/

A321Lufthansa

Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:22 pm

I'm really shocked about TK crews' negative attitude towards taking photos aboard. Yesterday on the VIE-IST flight I was told off just for taking a photo of the cabin from the back (for a trip report) and when I was returning to my seat just with the camera hanging on my neck I was told off once again. On that photo there was even no crew members (for example TAP doesn't allow to take photos with crew members on a photo), just the rear view of the cabin. Is this stupid policy connected with the 2016 coup attempt? I've never experienced such an attitude towards photography in any other airlines I've flown.
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

diesel1

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:26 pm

TK105 wrote:
Interesting news about Air Macau landing into AYT (with Mafaky’s comment under it).

https://tolgaozbek.com/haberler/air-mac ... cu-tasidi/

I think TK should fly both to LAS and MFM as gamblers are everywhere and these are their paradise. MFM is also a back door to China.

mafaky wrote:

A very interesting "charter" flight. En route, the 319 had to make technical landings at BKK & DXB (for re-fuelling plus maybe re-supply of catering). Reminds me of the days when PanAm conducted their prestigious "round the world flights"!

Not a charter flight.

Air Macau A319 B-MAO headed to St Athan after take off from Antalya.

It'll be scrapped there by eCube Solutions
I don't like signatures...

mafaky

Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:14 pm

diesel1 wrote:

Not a charter flight.

Air Macau A319 B-MAO headed to St Athan after take off from Antalya.

It'll be scrapped there by eCube Solutions

Wow, thsi makes the case even more interesting? Any idea as how many pax were aboard that flight? And how will they go back unless they will reside in Turkey for a rather long period of tiem???
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:19 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
I'm really shocked about TK crews' negative attitude towards taking photos aboard.

I am sorry for your experience. I can only say it is "cultural".
It is so much more common in Turkey to hear "NO", "Forbidden", "NOT allowed" .... then to hear the opposite.
This way, those that say NO, do not have to accommodate any requests from anyone, end of conversation.
On the other hand, I have taken many photos, videos... on TK, Pegasus, Altasjet... cabins, selfies with crew members, inside cockpits with pilots, no problems. But, you will always have one negative experience once in a while. I usually, do not take it personally, I do not confront the crew, I do not ask WHY, who is in charge?....
I usually show them the photo and offer to erase the image. That is just how I learned to deal with those situations.
It is very annoying to be told "NO photos", since that is what I do for living :(

A321Lufthansa

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:10 pm

TK787 wrote:
A321Lufthansa wrote:
I'm really shocked about TK crews' negative attitude towards taking photos aboard.

I am sorry for your experience. I can only say it is "cultural".
It is so much more common in Turkey to hear "NO", "Forbidden", "NOT allowed" .... then to hear the opposite.
This way, those that say NO, do not have to accommodate any requests from anyone, end of conversation.
On the other hand, I have taken many photos, videos... on TK, Pegasus, Altasjet... cabins, selfies with crew members, inside cockpits with pilots, no problems. But, you will always have one negative experience once in a while. I usually, do not take it personally, I do not confront the crew, I do not ask WHY, who is in charge?....
I usually show them the photo and offer to erase the image. That is just how I learned to deal with those situations.
It is very annoying to be told "NO photos", since that is what I do for living :(

But are there rules that regulate photography aboard? I haven't found anything on their website. Luckily I wasn't told to delete them and now I'm able to keep them for my trip reports. Earlier I was also told off twice in 2018 and the second time the steward even covered my lens with his hand...
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 am

A321Lufthansa wrote:
But are there rules that regulate photography aboard? I haven't found anything on their website.

I do not know, I doubt it.
How are they supposed to enforce a "No Photography" rule with everyone having a cell phone camera in their pocket?

diesel1

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Wow, thsi makes the case even more interesting? Any idea as how many pax were aboard that flight? And how will they go back unless they will reside in Turkey for a rather long period of tiem???

I believe no passengers on board at any point.

The aircraft was making its last flight, and is being scrapped at DGX
I don't like signatures...

A321Lufthansa

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:50 pm

TK787 wrote:
A321Lufthansa wrote:
But are there rules that regulate photography aboard? I haven't found anything on their website.

I do not know, I doubt it.
How are they supposed to enforce a "No Photography" rule with everyone having a cell phone camera in their pocket?

By the way, his stewardess was also twice more aggressive due to taking photos on an SLR camera.

TK773ER

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:39 am

Turkish Airlines retired its last B737-700 on August 17, 2020, having ended the type's scheduled operations in November 2019, Also Turkish Airlines is in talks with both Airbus and Boeing to defer aircraft deliveries scheduled for the next three years wow. I wonder which type will be differed as the backlog order book consists of seventy-two A321-200Ns, twenty-five A350-900s, fifty-four B737-8s, nine -9s, and thirteen B787-9s. Could TK be better off changing some of the A321N to the LR or XLR as most people would expect filling bums on WB is a long way off thoughts?

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... -deferrals

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:19 pm

Wow :(
New TK guideline that goes into effect tomorrow says; "No water service for flights under 2 hours".
No changes to flights over 2 hours. For the under 2 hour flights water will be served only when the passenger asks for it.

OA260

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:35 pm

I can see TK going BOB for flights under 2 hours once COVID settles down. Maybe by next Spring/Summer.
The implications on costs and how airlines get revenue will be even more under pressure.

TK773ER

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:49 am

The first A350 for TK has been ferried back from LDE to TLS https://a380.boards.net/thread/2478/a35 ... tk1?page=8

mafaky

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:11 am

TK787 wrote:
New TK guideline that goes into effect tomorrow says; "No water service for flights under 2 hours".
No changes to flights over 2 hours. For the under 2 hour flights water will be served only when the passenger asks for it.

The Covid-19 pandemic has become a perfect scapegoat for those airlines (like TK) who had been eagerly looking forward for excuses to minimise catering costs. Legacy airlines are still doing their best to offer maximum affordable service and amenities, unless there are restrictions imposed by the destination countries. A very recent example made public by Sam Chui: He flew First Class LAX-FRA and was given almost exactly the same in-flight service on the pre-pandemic days. There were some restrictions in FRA, during transit: e.g. LH's Senator First Class Terminal was not open. But on the onward FRA-DXB flight (where he had to fly Business class) he was served only packed meals & beverage (but was served a full 1 lt. unopened Coke when he asked for only a glass...) due to the regulations imposed by UAE Administration.

Good-luck TK, on this rough path of "survival"! :evil: :eyepopping:
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

A321Lufthansa

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:24 am

TK787 wrote:

Does it mean serving extra water in glass? In carton bags served on board water is in a bottle.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:29 am

A321Lufthansa wrote:
Does it mean serving extra water in glass? In carton bags served on board water is in a bottle.

I think, this means giving pax water in containers that look like a plastic glass with a foil on top. Those are lighter than small plastic water bottles.
Not only they are lighter, less water consumption means less people using the lavatories/less cleaning of the lavs, less people in the aisles, faster food service if any and less/faster contact between FA's and Pax.
Hey, I might get a job as a cost cutting manager :)

fil87

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:05 pm

TK787 wrote:

Not to count that their new hygiene-based marketing strategy is becoming super annoying. Personally, I cannot stand it anymore. Who would have predicted that, at some point, the Lufthansa (Group) catering would overtake Turkish Airlines’? Times changed.

calstanford

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Unless someone is flying from/to Turkey there is no reason to fly Türk Hava Yollari anymore. I wish them luck in the future but I don’t see my Elite+ extended at this point. Flying hungry passengers for 15 hours in business class or de-hydrated passengers over two hours with not a sip of water is just bullshit. Then why offer the flight at all when it is so obviously not safe. Who’d fly on such an unsafe flight, if the sip of water (or god forbid a microwaved Köfte) can get you infected already?

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm

fil87 wrote:
Who would have predicted that, at some point, the Lufthansa (Group) catering would overtake Turkish Airlines’? Times changed.

Well, I for one.... and that was last year this time, before the pandemic.
LH had superior catering and service standards than TK on my New York-FRA/MUC J flights on full flights.
By the way, it is still incredible that we are comparing TK and LH catering standards.
Let's not forget, I've been here at a.net around 15 years and TK had only 80+ aircraft and was pretty much a regional airline then; serving 14M pax annually.
These are extraordinary times and I truly believe that TK will get through these hard times and go back to its higher standards.

AirbusA343

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:38 pm

AirbusA343 wrote:
TC-LSD, a TK A321neo, is finally back in service after being off service for many months due to engine issues. TC-LSC and TC-LSE are still not in service (they have the same issue that TC-LSD had). TC-LSP has been off service for months too but I'm not sure if that's due to engine issues or something else.

TC-LSC is back now too.

OTTOMANAIR

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm

TK787 wrote:

When I read the news, I couldn’t believe that they were even further reducing their service. It’s a shame. For me there is no difference between TK, PC, XQ and 8Q in terms of service.

TK is trying to maximize their advantage of the COVID outbreak cuttings. I really hope TK will get back to its former self and not be like PC after the pandemic.

ankaraflyjet

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:26 am

QR is increasing frequencies from ESB and SAW as of September 1st as follows;

Ankara (increasing to daily from 1 September)
Istanbul SAW (increasing to 11 weekly from 20 Aug then triple daily from 1 September)

airanatolia

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:09 am

TK787 wrote:

I believe they are just not giving out water bottles/cups, but if one is requested they will have them available apparently.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:52 am

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts ... D-2iCU7Dn/
MSN 403, first TK 350 at TLS last week. Not sure when the first 3 finished frames will join the TK fleet. IIRC, Airbus has not delivered any widebodies this month.

https://xfw-spotter.blogspot.com/search ... 20Airlines
And, another TK 321NEO ready for delivery MSN 9496

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm

Please continue here:
Turkish Aviation September 2020
Moderators, please archive this thread, I've started another one. Thank you.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos