Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MIflyer12

Re: Alaska restarting LAX to SLC

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 am

SurfandSnow wrote:
Then again, has AA or for that matter UA dropped LAX-SLC yet?

I looked at February 2021. It's off-peak, but far enough out that carriers haven't loaded COVID cuts yet (domestically, generally). AA still schedules LAX-SLC, 4x daily (on a chosen Tuesday). UA shows 2x on that same date. DL is 8x. WN isn't open that far out but shows 2x on an early December Tuesday. B6 is 2x. I would be skeptical that O&D on that route can support six carriers.

DTWLAX

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 am

Has AA announced they are dropping LAX-SLC? Or people just assuming AA will drop the route?

MAH4546

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 am

DTWLAX wrote:
Has AA announced they are dropping LAX-SLC? Or people just assuming AA will drop the route?

It has not. Certain posters continually like to post their made up stories as facts.
a.

HNLSLCPDX

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 am

MAH4546 wrote:
DTWLAX wrote:

It has not. Certain posters continually like to post their made up stories as facts.

That’s the life blood of a.net

XRadar98

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:19 am

Just curious, why is SLC-LAX a route that has so many players? I know before deregulation it was a Western mainstay, with little competition. Then with LAX and SLC being Western hubs, they still dominated it. Delta probably has not let that market dissipate. So I guess, my question would be, is SLC that much of a bigger deal now than it was 10,20,30 years ago?

SANFan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:48 am

SurfandSnow wrote:
So AS is now resuming both LAX-SLC and SAN-SLC? Very interesting. I wonder if B6 shifting its longstanding LGB-SLC service to LAX has anything to do with AS's sudden reinterest in the highly competitive LAX-SLC route. Then again, has AA or for that matter UA dropped LAX-SLC yet?

A technicality but AS never actually dropped SAN-SLC; the route was downgraded from year-round to a seasonal ski route. I'm not sure if the same situation exists with LA.

That being said, AS has left SAN-SLC (double daily) in place in 2021 throughout the open booking window (actually into July 2021!) And so is LAX-SLC as I just now checked the Flight Schedules. So IMHO, both SAN and LAX to SLC are looking like they will possibly be back to year-round service again. SAN shows double-daily service for all of 2021 that is currently open while LAX-SLC shows a single r/t.

Could this signal a re-birth of AS's interest in SLC? After all, as already mentioned by someone up-thread, the expanded SLC airport could increase AS's real estate there.

AS continues to lead us all on a merry chase, starting routes without announcing many of them, bringing back routes that were apparently gone...

Fascinating!

bb

wedgetail737

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:50 am

What kind of equipment is AS going to use on the LAX/SAN-SLC this time?

SANFan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
What kind of equipment is AS going to use on the LAX/SAN-SLC this time?

Both routes, all 3 flights, are EMJs as are the 2 SFO-SLC flights.

bb

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 am

Hard to understand AS desire for SLC routes. I would think it's more to help their SAN, LAX and SFO based flyers than a real interest in SLC. I wouldn't expect much more they tried some others and and those didn't seem to fly.

MastaHanky

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:41 am

XRadar98 wrote:
Just curious, why is SLC-LAX a route that has so many players? I know before deregulation it was a Western mainstay, with little competition. Then with LAX and SLC being Western hubs, they still dominated it. Delta probably has not let that market dissipate. So I guess, my question would be, is SLC that much of a bigger deal now than it was 10,20,30 years ago?

While not massive compared to some other cities, it’s a decent-size market (LA-metro is ~2000 PDEW) with a reasonably short stage length. All three majors have some connectivity at LAX, so it’s a fairly inexpensive add to bolster their network.

wedgetail737

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:29 am

It'll be interesting to see how AS does this time.

HNLSLCPDX

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:18 am

MastaHanky wrote:
XRadar98 wrote:

While not massive compared to some other cities, it’s a decent-size market (LA-metro is ~2000 PDEW) with a reasonably short stage length. All three majors have some connectivity at LAX, so it’s a fairly inexpensive add to bolster their network.

The Salt Lake City CSA is just over 2.6 million people (ranked 22nd nationally) sandwiched between Charlotte and Sacramento, just to give you an idea of the population area. LAX-SLC is definitely a popular O&D route and mentioned already, AA, UA, and DL all offer connections and in DL’s case it’s of course a hub-to-hub route. AS, B6 (beginning October), WN, could offer very few connections but I think their LAX-SLC flights are mostly O&D passengers.

Also remember that Provo is 45 miles south of Salt Lake City and G4 flies between LAX and PVU a few times a week as well. The SLC/PVU to Southern California market is huge and there are a ton of cultural, religious, business, and family ties between those two areas. Also along those lines, I believe I read somewhere that outside of California residents, Utah sends more visitors to Disneyland than any other state.
Last edited by HNLSLCPDX on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

onwFan

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:23 am

SurfandSnow wrote:
I wonder if B6 shifting its longstanding LGB-SLC service to LAX has anything to do with AS's sudden reinterest in the highly competitive LAX-SLC route.

This is perhaps the one reason that I think makes most sense, especially for AS to be launching this route at just 1x daily.

PSA727

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:44 am

Oilman wrote:
If AA starts to routinely drop routes that AS starts, wouldn’t this raise antitrust concerns?

How so? It isn't illegal to react to what a competitor does. It is illegal to coordinate such moves together. And I don't think that AA has dropped LAX-SLC (yet). Moreover, if they did, why could it not be a reaction to B6 starting LAX-SLC? Same thing with AS starting the route in the first place. :wink2:
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

NameOmitted

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:11 am

From an anti-trust standpoint, at what point can two airlines codeshare? Does the route have to be in operation? For how long?

Prost

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:13 am

The AA/AS alliance seems to be heavily tipped to advantage AS.

TYWoolman

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am

I don't know specifics of the deal, and I am for strategic partnerships and all, but it seems AS and B6 partnership may effectively take American out of the game in major markets. Not sure how that is good for winning approval. Not sure if they can hide under the covid-19 blanket for too long.

Aliqiout

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm

TYWoolman wrote:
I don't know specifics of the deal, and I am for strategic partnerships and all, but it seems AS and B6 partnership may effectively take American out of the game in major markets. Not sure how that is good for winning approval. Not sure if they can hide under the covid-19 blanket for too long.

That is a possibility, but it very premature to assume that will be the case.

Aliqiout

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:02 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
MastaHanky wrote:
XRadar98 wrote:

The Salt Lake City CSA is just over 2.6 million people (ranked 22nd nationally) sandwiched between Charlotte and Sacramento, just to give you an idea of the population area. LAX-SLC is definitely a popular O&D route and mentioned already, AA, UA, and DL all offer connections and in DL’s case it’s of course a hub-to-hub route. AS, B6 (beginning October), WN, could offer very few connections but I think their LAX-SLC flights are mostly O&D passengers.

Also remember that Provo is 45 miles south of Salt Lake City and G4 flies between LAX and PVU a few times a week as well. The SLC/PVU to Southern California market is huge and there are a ton of cultural, religious, business, and family ties between those two areas. Also along those lines, I believe I read somewhere that outside of California residents, Utah sends more visitors to Disneyland than any other state.

Doesn't AS+AA+OW offer more connections than either DL or UA? B6 appears to be the odd man out.

MIflyer12

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:12 pm

NameOmitted wrote:
From an anti-trust standpoint, at what point can two airlines codeshare? Does the route have to be in operation? For how long?

Specific to codesharing between U.S. carriers:

Cooperative Service Agreements
U.S. air carriers are required to submit cooperative service agreements that they have with each other, such as reciprocal code sharing, joint frequent flyer and lounge access, and joint marketing, to the Department for review before they implement those agreements. 49 USC 41720. The Department does not approve or disapprove the agreements. Rather, the Department reviews the agreements to ensure that they would not harm the public and are not anti competitive. The Department can take action under its statutory authority to preserve competition under 49 USC 41712

The DOT doesn't need to grant approval, but would need to sue to stop implementation of an agreement. That this is under the DOT makes it different from merger reviews which are conducted by the Dept of Justice, not the DOT.

https://www.transportation.gov/policy/a ... codeshares

MastaHanky wrote:
XRadar98 wrote:

LAX-SLC may be a decent-sized market by it's not LAX-DEN, which also sees six carriers with non-stops. SLC isn't DEN. The SLC CSA (2.6 million) isn't the DEN CSA (3.6 million). DEN has three-ish hub carriers in UA/WN/F9 to connect traffic, plus AA/DL/UA sort-of-hubs at LAX, at least historically.

HNLSLCPDX

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm

What does LAX- DEN have to do with LAX-SLC? This isn’t a thread comparing the two markets from LAX. It’s a thread about AS bringing back the LAX to SLC flight. People have brought up the AA side of things since AA/AS are becoming partners and if AA will drop their LAX- SLC flight. Again Denver’s service or population have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Let’s not turn this into another SLC vs DEN argument.

Ishrion

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:06 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
What does LAX- DEN have to do with LAX-SLC?

Noting a possible pattern:

tphuang wrote:
I would imagine AA never comes back to that market. In fact, I would guess you see AS replace AA on even more DL/UA fortress hubs.

MrPeanut wrote:
Interestingly enough, I mentioned this route a couple days ago. I think LAX-SLC/DEN/IAH will be the interesting ones to watch.

HNLSLCPDX

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Ishrion wrote:
HNLSLCPDX wrote:
What does LAX- DEN have to do with LAX-SLC?

Noting a possible pattern:

tphuang wrote:
I would imagine AA never comes back to that market. In fact, I would guess you see AS replace AA on even more DL/UA fortress hubs.

MrPeanut wrote:
Interestingly enough, I mentioned this route a couple days ago. I think LAX-SLC/DEN/IAH will be the interesting ones to watch.

Again, try sticking to the thread topic. Thank you.

TYWoolman

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
TYWoolman wrote:

That is a possibility, but it very premature to assume that will be the case.

Maybe too soon, but it appears that American is assuming this and how these two deals are predicated, hence American touting International benefits to get it approved. And IMO any added domestic service by American in B6 and AS city-pairs would be "in addition" not "in competition."
Last edited by TYWoolman on Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiflyeras

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:08 pm

I think you'll see AS adding a number of routes out of LAX to support their new Oneworld membership. If they're announcing new routes now, in the midst of the worst time in aviation history, imagine what they might do when this nightmare finally ends?

tphuang

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
I think you'll see AS adding a number of routes out of LAX to support their new Oneworld membership. If they're announcing new routes now, in the midst of the worst time in aviation history, imagine what they might do when this nightmare finally ends?

when this nightmare ends, they will be gate constrained. They are adding a bunch of routes now to figure out what works in a post-pandemic environment.

amcnd

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:16 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
Is AS getting more gates in the new SLC? I believe AA is going from 2 gates to 4 gates, UA from 3 gates to 4 gates and B6 from 1 to 2.

I think AA is 2 gates, AS 1 gate, UA 2 gates, SWA 4 gates, B6 1 gate, F9 1 gate. And 3 floater gates for use...

hiflyeras

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:25 pm

tphuang wrote:
hiflyeras wrote:

when this nightmare ends, they will be gate constrained. They are adding a bunch of routes now to figure out what works in a post-pandemic environment.

Hard to say...maybe AA, B6 and AS will be one big happy family that gets along like magic. ;)

MrPeanut

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:05 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
MrPeanut wrote:

Do you mean in regards of being potentially cancelled routes by AA?

In regards to what AA does on these routes. All are close in western, non-AA, legacy carrier hubs. There are several paths AA can take on these routes and will be interesting to see what which option they eventually choose.

HNLSLCPDX

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 pm

I see. I think DEN will be safe, SLC is a toss up, but I do think AA will drop IAH. I would not be surprised to see AS pick up that route though.

I agree with the poster that said this move by AS might be because of the B6 move from LGB to LAX. I think yields must be high enough also for AS to consider coming back on this LAX-SLC flight. I would not be surprised to see AA drop a frequency or two on their LAX-SLC flight.

brilondon

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 pm

tphuang wrote:
hiflyeras wrote:

You're assuming that everything will return to what the levels were pre covid-19 pandemic. They won't for years if ever.
Rush forever Closer To My Heart

avi8

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:03 pm

brilondon wrote:
tphuang wrote:
hiflyeras wrote:

You're assuming that everything will return to what the levels were pre covid-19 pandemic. They won't for years if ever.

No one knows anything. Period. Things might return to normal, they might not.
avi8

HNLSLCPDX

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:18 pm

avi8 wrote:
brilondon wrote:
tphuang wrote:

No one knows anything. Period. Things might return to normal, they might not.

Exactly. Predicting and saying things regarding COVID and how it might affect the airline industry is foolish. No one knows a single thing of what will happen or what the recovery will be like.

SANFan

Re: Alaska Airlines Network Thread 2020

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 pm

There's a thread about AS "re-starting" LAX-SLC, and I've seen it discussed elsewhere as well, and I mentioned in a couple of places that SAN-SLC is still on the books as well.

I'm wondering if AS has ended their recent pull-down of their SLC station, and is working on reestablishing their op's there? I'm not suggesting creating a Key or Focus city there, or a major east-west hub, or anything of that sort but just them getting back to a station seeing service again to most of their major western stations - hubs and focus cities plus a couple others.

According to my records, the SLC build-up began in June 2014, with about 13 daily flights to 8 destinations. AS has been, IMO, gate restrained since then, with maybe 2 gates and some limited access to a 3rd overflow gate. The number of total flights has never gone above 14 flights, to never more than 8 destinations: SAN, LAX, LAS, SJC, SFO, BOI, and of course, PDX & SEA. The numbers have gone up and down in the 6 years with 2019 showing a low of 9 flights to 5 destinations. Then, LAX and SAN service was cut leaving only SFO, PDX and SEA on the SLC route map; the summer 2020 schedule was to be 12 daily flights to those same 3 cities. (This means SEA and PDX were to see lots of flights SLC this summer!)

So for late 2020, in addition to SFO, PDX & SEA, we will also see SLC service to SAN and LAX -- mostly talked of as "winter-seasonal ski routes -- BUT both routes continue to show on AS's 2021 skeds into July, throughout the open booking window! AS could have added the routes to the schedules only thru March or April, but they didn't. This leads me to hope the routes are permanently added back to the network. (LA sees 1 daily r/t and SAN has 2 daily flights.)

Therefore, SJC is the only missing focus city/hub and LAS and BOI are the rest of the cities that originally saw SLC-service. I wonder if they might return at least for the winter ski season, or even permanently?

With the expansion project happening at SLC, maybe AS is getting more gate access, enabling them to grow the station and provide the service levels they want or need? Maybe even adding another destination or two? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

bb

gmcc

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:03 pm

As was mentioned in the thread SANFan referenced B6 moving LGB-SLC to LAX might have had something to do with AS restarting LAX-SLC. I also think AS joining OneWorld might have a little to do with it. Since AA has been weak in the west, though it's own choice, the alliance has been weak in the western US. I would look to places that you can't get to on OneWorld currently as places that might see service from AS, especially from LAX as that probably has the largest concentration of OneWorld airlines.

32andBelow

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:59 am

AS is running a 2-1 sale on all routes. Crazy

Aisak

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:42 pm

After therm merger with Virgin America, and given their route map is heavily based on West Coast / Pacific states... Is the Alaska brand THAT strong that people think of them for a flight such as LAX-SLC (meaning so not-Alaska related)?

DLASFlyer

Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:50 pm

Aisak wrote:
After therm merger with Virgin America, and given their route map is heavily based on West Coast / Pacific states... Is the Alaska brand THAT strong that people think of them for a flight such as LAX-SLC (meaning so not-Alaska related)?

I would guess low single digits of Alaska’s ASMs have anything to do with the State of Alaska. And besides, people don’t need to think of them. Most folks book the lowest-priced ticket via an OTA.

MIflyer12

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:30 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
Aisak wrote:

I would guess low single digits of Alaska’s ASMs have anything to do with the State of Alaska. And besides, people don’t need to think of them. Most folks book the lowest-priced ticket via an OTA.

Hmm, a lot of domestic personal travel is booked directly with carriers, not an OTA. People need to know to look for Alaska Airlines. WN makes it work but they are the significant domestic exception. (Yes, I'm ready to dismiss Allegiant as not significant here.)

tphuang

Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:57 pm

Keep in mind that as and as are partners now. A lot of people who booked on aa flights before will now end up booking on as via codeshare. That will help a lot of these new flights out of lax.

If you look at their cali route performances, they have mostly been pretty weak outside of stuff to pnw. But again, the pandemic and aa partnership is a great time for as to add ff in Cali.

Jet-lagged

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Tailwinds wrote:
jplatts wrote:
ANC-NRT is probably within the range of the 737-800 as CM has operated 737-800's on its PTY-EZE nonstop route (3313 mi), which is almost as long as ANC-NRT (3433 mi).

ANC-NRT is 600 miles farther than the farthest flight currently operated by AS, ANC-ORD. It'd be within the range of their 321 NEOs or, when delivered, the 9 Max. Seoul is just in range, too.

Maybe a Summer seasonal route for tourists a few years down the road. They could get feed from OW partner JAL, and are already Mileage Plan partners with Korean.

Aliqiout

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Aisak wrote:

AS has been flying from LAX to non PNW destinations since at least 1988.

NameOmitted

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Aisak wrote:
Is the Alaska brand THAT strong that people think of them for a flight such as LAX-SLC (meaning so not-Alaska related)?

People world fly from Minot, ND to Topeka KS on Alaska if Priceline told them it was their cheapest option. When is the last time you saw any domestic advertising for an airline that flew aircraft larger then a Twin Otter?

32andBelow

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:16 pm

NameOmitted wrote:
Aisak wrote:
Is the Alaska brand THAT strong that people think of them for a flight such as LAX-SLC (meaning so not-Alaska related)?

People world fly from Minot, ND to Topeka KS on Alaska if Priceline told them it was their cheapest option. When is the last time you saw any domestic advertising for an airline that flew aircraft larger then a Twin Otter?

I see delta ads all the time. Or I did before covid

USAirALB

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:30 pm

The AS brand is extremely strong in Southern California. Keep in mind that for years they were the only carrier flying LAX-DCA nonstop, as well as several LAX-Mexican resort destinations nonstop, and for a while became the second carrier to fly LAX-YYZ after AC (since been dropped).

Where the AS brand struggles is on the East Coast. I think their brand is strongest in the Baltimore-Washington area due to their historic presence in the region (DCA was their first East coast destination IIRC), and even today they have more flights from SEA to WAS than any other East Coast destination. They retrenched a bit in the market, having dropped BWI-LAX/SFO/SAN/PDX but are still strong IMO. Outside of WAS, NYC, and BOS, I would say their recognition isn't that great.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

SANFan

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:01 pm

It's Saturday so tonight I'll be searching the AS Flight Schedules to see if anything new -- without benefit of being announced -- shows up as a result of their weekend load. This has become a fairly common occurrence lately and I've had pretty good luck.

One thing I'll be looking for specifically is SAN-LAX since I really expect that might be added by AS sooner rather than later. And if I miss something it will probably show up in Enilria's OAG thread on Tuesday morning. (I've already penciled out my ideas for service in this market so it'll be fun to see if I even come close.)

Gotta have something fun to do while waiting for the world to return to some semblance of 'normal'! I'm glad that AAG is obliging me by continuing to add routes all over their route map, rarely announcing any of them, and during a time when such actions are still surprising. (Understandable but still surprising.)

Let's go Alaska, I'm ready!

bb

hiflyeras

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:14 pm

SANFan wrote:
It's Saturday so tonight I'll be searching the AS Flight Schedules to see if anything new -- without benefit of being announced -- shows up as a result of their weekend load. This has become a fairly common occurrence lately and I've had pretty good luck.

One thing I'll be looking for specifically is SAN-LAX since I really expect that might be added by AS sooner rather than later. And if I miss something it will probably show up in Enilria's OAG thread on Tuesday morning. (I've already penciled out my ideas for service in this market so it'll be fun to see if I even come close.)

Gotta have something fun to do while waiting for the world to return to some semblance of 'normal'! I'm glad that AAG is obliging me by continuing to add routes all over their route map, rarely announcing any of them, and during a time when such actions are still surprising. (Understandable but still surprising.)

Let's go Alaska, I'm ready!

bb

Bb, if you see new adds (or subtracts) for the 4th quarter let us know! Some people are super anxious about the block hours later this year.

HNLSLCPDX

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:47 pm

32andBelow wrote:
NameOmitted wrote:
Aisak wrote:

I see delta ads all the time. Or I did before covid

I think AS has decent name recognition in SLC.

KLMatSJC

Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 pm

NameOmitted wrote:
When is the last time you saw any domestic advertising for an airline that flew aircraft larger then a Twin Otter?

I hear "Rhapsody in Blue" very often on TV.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

gmcc

Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 pm

QX proving/training flights have started in Alaska

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QXE ... /PAKT/PACV

Might add it is probably for the ground crews as well since this will probably be a new aircraft for them. Not in the larger city but definitely in some of the smaller towns.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos