Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

asuflyer
Topic Author

UA outsouring some corporate positions to India

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Some job searchers have noticed that United is expanding it's office in Gurgaon India. Former corporate positions that were previously housed in Chicago and Houston are now being opened in India. United's office in Gurgaon is not new, it originally started as a call center over 15 years ago, however only in the past year have they expanded hiring to include analysts and engineer level positions.

https://twitter.com/winglets747/status/ ... 9121897474

CALMSP

Re: UA outsouring some corporate positions to India

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:40 pm

this has been going on since 2014. Gotta find cheap labor to accomplish tasks that can be done in the US.

DMPHL

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:01 pm

CALMSP wrote:
this has been going on since 2014. Gotta find cheap labor to accomplish tasks that can be done in the US.

I think the difference here is that they are laying off the workers here, then hiring replacements in Gurgaon, and all the while lobbying for an extension of CARES Act funding.

No way should they get another cent.

wernerga3

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Yeah because I even tried applying for the fleet analyst jobs and they said they would not sponsor me to go overseas. They are cutting the US required overhead ie healthcare for the role. And currently they are on a US corporate hiring freeze. Even my friends who worked there couldn’t help me whatsoever.

They are also no longer offering refunds on paid upgrades (which they used to do for me) and they are not offering as many refunds on flights- they are now pushing future flight credits. So times are rapidly changing for them in a not so good way.

I think it has been said a few times on the forum that the past 6 months were supposed to be the airlines’ time to figure out how to weather it, and it just seems like the solutions they are coming up with are not sustainable for the long term.

I think we are going to see quite a few carriers disappear sooner or later. How the future landscape looks is beyond me.

x1234

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:10 pm

In the grand scheme of things India is still cheap as chips and relatively underdeveloped compared to East Asia. Companies in the 1980/1990s outsourced to Singapore/China/Hong Kong/Japan/Taiwan/South Korea/Thailand/Vietnam/Malaysia, etc and as their economies grew so did their per capita income which for the majority is now on par with the US especially China in the urban areas. With UA opening a office in India for corporate functions I wonder how it’s going to ring with the Trump admin and the soon maybe airline bailout.

KFLLCFII

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:22 pm

At least we know they'll be available at 3am Eastern.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

enilria

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:32 pm

They won’t let people telecommute for years forcing people to live in Chicago at a huge cost and then don’t even offer the ability for people to move to Alabama or some other low-cost place for a wage reduction instead replacing them with people in India. Horrible. I hope this is brought up at the cares to discussion. I hope this is brought up at the cares2 discussion

Aptivaboy

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Also, the call center in India does not handle calls from the US, if I remember correctly. That is still a US-based operation.

When I called in April, I was definitely routed to Asia. Not only did the lady I spoke with have a distinct South Asian accent, but so did everyone talking in the background. That may have been a temporary thing due to the volume of calls due to Covid cancellations, but it did happen.

Stay safe everyone.

Bob

dc10co

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Aptivaboy wrote:
Also, the call center in India does not handle calls from the US, if I remember correctly. That is still a US-based operation.

When I called in April, I was definitely routed to Asia. Not only did the lady I spoke with have a distinct South Asian accent, but so did everyone talking in the background. That may have been a temporary thing due to the volume of calls due to Covid cancellations, but it did happen.

Stay safe everyone.

Bob

UA has a call center in the Cebo, Philippines also. The India call center is used to handle US calls for Baggage Service related functions
Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone shit again.

x1234

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Oh yes the UA call center in the Philippines! A lot of American companies are setting up call centers in PH because they speak American English instead of British English in India as the Philippines were a former US colony. The Philippines were on UAs radar as it has the 2nd most speakers in the US of Asian languages after Mandarin and Cantonese. Is UAs rumored route SFO-MNL still active?

Varsity1

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:59 pm

These corporate people have no issues outsourcing front line workers or crew members to shell staffing agencies.

I feel no pain for them. It's just finally hitting their neck of the woods. Welcome to the party.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

CALMSP

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm

UA cargo also outsources call center functions to a facility in MNL

MSJYOP28Apilot

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:53 pm

The optics on this are really bad because they are begging for CARES act money to save American jobs. UA should have waited until after the CARES act money and lobbying has ended to do something like this.

MIflyer12

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 pm

One could ask why they weren't doing this decades ago. An NYT headline from 2017:

IBM Now Has More Employees in India Than in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/tech ... india.html

Look at the GM/Chrysler (initiated under Bush 2) or decades of banking bailouts and ask what fraction of those jobs were overseas. It's not 1965 anymore.

2eng2efficient

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:30 pm

They would outsource the pilots and FAs to India if they could...

In all seriousness, they should never have moved HQ to Chicago. The cost of living there is about 20% higher than the Houston Metro. Those are salaries, taxes, and benefits on a substantial number of corporate employees that could have been avoided. Instead, they wanted HQ to be in the Loop, in the tallest building to boot.

Exeiowa

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:39 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
One could ask why they weren't doing this decades ago. An NYT headline from 2017:

IBM Now Has More Employees in India Than in the U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/tech ... india.html

Look at the GM/Chrysler (initiated under Bush 2) or decades of banking bailouts and ask what fraction of those jobs were overseas. It's not 1965 anymore.

Global markets are fine as long as they do not as they use their position to protect themselves at home on the other hand.

aeromoe

Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:44 pm

x1234 wrote:
Oh yes the UA call center in the Philippines! A lot of American companies are setting up call centers in PH because they speak American English instead of British English in India as the Philippines were a former US colony. The Philippines were on UAs radar as it has the 2nd most speakers in the US of Asian languages after Mandarin and Cantonese. Is UAs rumored route SFO-MNL still active?

I just gotta ask. What is the difference between talking to someone who allegedly speaks "American English" vs. "British English" when dealing with a call center? I get the various spelling differences and pronunciations (aluminum vs aluminium, etc) but bottom line: who cares?
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

x1234

Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:58 pm

I don't care but results from customer feedback of companies who moved their call center from India to the Philippines have higher customer feedback scores.

RyanairGuru

Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:23 pm

[code][/code]
x1234 wrote:
I don't care but results from customer feedback of companies who moved their call center from India to the Philippines have higher customer feedback scores.

I don't believe that's got anything to do with "American" English dialect as much as the accent. I personally find the Filipino accent easier to understand than a South Asian accent, especially if there is a lot of background noise or the line is a bit muffled.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

crj900lr

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:36 am

DMPHL wrote:
CALMSP wrote:

I think the difference here is that they are laying off the workers here, then hiring replacements in Gurgaon, and all the while lobbying for an extension of CARES Act funding.

agree 100%, none of these airlines should get another cent from the government.

N766UA

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:51 am

When all you buy are basic economy fares you can’t get angry when the airline ships the jobs overseas.

Americans want to “keep American jobs” but they won’t pay to support American wages. We vote with our wallets every day.

wernerga3

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:46 am

N766UA wrote:
When all you buy are basic economy fares you can’t get angry when the airline ships the jobs overseas.

Americans want to “keep American jobs” but they won’t pay to support American wages. We vote with our wallets every day.

I pay full fare F on United quite a bit and now that the tables are turned they are happy to eFf me at every chance they get. So, don’t sensationalize every case to be your MO. They don’t care either which way, and it stinks because now my loyalty is waning and is just going to make things worse for people like me who now see no reason to remain loyal in the future. There’s an old saying, don’t forget where you bread is buttered. There’s a newer saying, don’t forget where your bread is buttered with a mask. But in all seriousness, knowing how United is handling their dire situation through this is pretty embarrassing for me considering I touted them up for a very long time, and am now embarrassed to do so.

ua900

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 am

x1234 wrote:
Is UAs rumored route SFO-MNL still active?

Maybe in 2030...

aeromoe wrote:
I just gotta ask. What is the difference between talking to someone who allegedly speaks "American English" vs. "British English" when dealing with a call center? I get the various spelling differences and pronunciations (aluminum vs aluminium, etc) but bottom line: who cares?

Quite right, I've had good service calls with people stateside, and good service calls with people who were offshore. And bad ones on both sides as well. The accent doesn't do much, what matters is whether they can help. Firstly, whether a company empowers them to do so, and secondly, whether they personally want to. But what the OP seems to bring up here is that the company takes taxpayer bailouts and then moves jobs offshore.

N766UA wrote:
When all you buy are basic economy fares you can’t get angry when the airline ships the jobs overseas. Americans want to “keep American jobs” but they won’t pay to support American wages. We vote with our wallets every day.

If memory serves right basic economy fares were introduced to compete with the ULCCs, as just another option. Just like premium economy is "just another option". This 1K has never once bought basic economy. I saw a couple at the premier counter once who did. They were downright distraught when they were checking in and were told about all the restrictions. So much that they bought up to the next fare class. But to each his own. I buy American whenever I can, and certainly support American jobs. It's a shame if many others don't see that their own job might be axed one day because others didn't.

enilria wrote:
They won’t let people telecommute for years forcing people to live in Chicago at a huge cost and then don’t even offer the ability for people to move to Alabama or some other low-cost place for a wage reduction instead replacing them with people in India. Horrible. I hope this is brought up at the cares to discussion. I hope this is brought up at the cares2 discussion

That to me is the most egregious mistake UA has made. I get that they weren't happy at Elk Grove Village and wanted something more representative, but Wacker and Willis are downright expensive and do not add value for their customers. If cost reduction is in their playbook, Houston is still there, as are other states with a far lower cost of doing business. Before offshoring something, that route should be given a shot when taking billions in US taxpayer subsidies.

jayunited wrote:
First of all these positions are not being opened in India they already existed in India for years and the reason why you are seeing them posted is because people either left UA of their own free will or were forced out and UA is now looking so qualified candidates to fill those positions. And if you looked at the Organizational chart you would notice every single one of those jobs still exist here in the US at Willis Tower and in Houston.

As a global airline United has senior managers for network planning, sales, revenue strategy, and technical operations and many other corporate level positions in regions including Asia, Europe, Middle East, India, South America, and the South Pacific as well as here in the US. For now because we only service South Africa seasonally all those corporate level functions are handled out of Europe.

Very insightful, thanks. Sounds like maybe just a 1:1 backfill based on what you're saying. We sometimes had high turnover in India because of people hopping right to their next job as soon as they were trained due to higher wages there. I've not encountered many offshore senior managers in the roles you're describing, outside of perhaps that one Big Metal Bird episode that featured the Island Hopper and Guam. My experience when speaking to older UA staff over the past 15 years as a 1K is that many former bases no longer exist, perhaps the same holds true for offices and functions. Perhaps it's just perception though since end customers don't always see the full operation, especially when something gets moved or shut down, or nothing goes wrong on a given trip.

wernerga3 wrote:
I pay full fare F on United quite a bit and now that the tables are turned they are happy to eFf me at every chance they get. So, don’t sensationalize every case to be your MO. They don’t care either which way, and it stinks because now my loyalty is waning and is just going to make things worse for people like me who now see no reason to remain loyal in the future. There’s an old saying, don’t forget where you bread is buttered. There’s a newer saying, don’t forget where your bread is buttered with a mask. But in all seriousness, knowing how United is handling their dire situation through this is pretty embarrassing for me considering I touted them up for a very long time, and am now embarrassed to do so.

That baffles me as well, it doesn't seem like a very good time to tick off those of us who haven't been scared into being grounded. From my limited vantage point, I miss things like the arrival facilities at SFO, the showers in the UA clubs, and the valet shirt press in places like IAH. I appreciate the Polaris lounges and hope they'll reopen soon. Likewise, on board I miss Grand Marnier and a couple other things that have been cut over the years, and also don't like that the Sunday Riley amenity kit and premium bathroom products are laden with chemicals and made in China. I miss H2O products for example (marketed as being from United's hometown) and am glad that Lufthansa still does La Prairie and others like Avianca do L'Occitane en Provence and have Johnnie Walker Blue Label and 7 year old Flor de Cana respectively in lieu of the cheapest Jack Daniels and Barcardi.

Little things, but they add up, especially when the image of the airline has become more generic over the years. It's not very memorable anymore, no more rhapsody in blue when boarding, no bloody mary cart, no distinct font, the travel experience feels more beige than it used to. Ironic as it may sound, now might be a good time to go into the offensive. I remember that after 9/11 they did a campaign entitled "it's time to fly again". I think they've done everything they can with the CleanPlus initiative to assuage the people who are scared but would potentially consider flying. But premium flyers are still subject to severely curtailed service in the air and on the ground, I don't think that will help them to recover their business with us.

To me, if their aim is to attract more premium travelers (high J 763s would suggest that, as would Polaris in general) the brand should become more high end (e.g. the little marble center areas in the retrofitted Airbus planes added a nicer touch) and not cheaper through a thousand little cuts (see above for some examples). That's especially true when the elite limits (e.g. dollar spend) went up every year except this year. If the premium travel experience is no Polaris lounge, instead a bag of Doritos at the UA club in EWR (and before that Starbucks or Dunkin since the club was closed too), complimentary Clear line when there's no line anyway and some pre-plated je ne sais quoi in a covered porcelain dish, then it won't work very well for them this year and next. Flying international is hard enough right now, airlines like UA should make it easier and less painful wherever they can.
2020: AMS | BRU | DEN | DFW | EWR | FRA | GUA | IAH | LAX | LIM | MCO | MUC | ORD | PTY | SAL | SCL | SFO | TXL

TWA772LR

Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:20 am

Like jayunited said, those positions have been in India for years now and still have a bit in the US. Besides India, UA also has similar jobs in Amsterdam and Frankfurt (based in what I've noticed since looking at jobs there since at least 2015). It does make me wonder if they had network planners take the VSP or told they were moving to a new position if those jobs are being backfilled in India, however. Either way, my wet dream is for UA to move headquarters to Houston so I can aim for a CSC job there since I grew up there (CO brat), I have family there, lower cost of living, etc...
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

LCDFlight

Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:30 am

It's a little strange to be discussing style and ideal situations when UA can't pay anywhere near close to its bills. They'll be lucky to get out of this. And I don't see how they do it, unless COVID fades away like now.

usdcaguy

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:14 am

I thought United seemed scuzzy when I toured their offices. There was something a little off to the feel of the place, and now I know my suspicions were correct. I've stopped flying them and have moved most of my flying to Southwest and American. I just don't want to give my money to a carrier that doesn't support the people of the country it serves. I hope they find themselves in the financial toilet. And please don't give me any lip about the thousands of Americans that are still employed by them. United should hire American workers of all stripes or pay the consequences.

airlineaddict

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:45 pm

DMPHL wrote:

If CARES Act is extended, any layoffs would be postponed as airlines would not be allowed to conduct involuntary separations.

melpax

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:03 pm

One of the major Aussie Telcos (Telstra) is re-shoring it's call centres from India & The Philippines after both countries were locked down earlier in the year. In Telstra's case, they had previously been critcised for offshoring jobs, and most of the 'simple' things such as billing have now been automated or can be done online, so the call centres are now really only there for the higher-value sales calls & tech support. Some of the banks here also had issues with things like mortgage processing that is normally done off-shore, they had to bring the work back to Australia & hire local staff to do the work....
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

COSPN

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 pm

Those do nothing scam jobs should be eliminated not moved .. with computers we just don’t need buildings full of managers.. many can work from home so they could live someplace cheaper to save money

JonNYC

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm

MISSION

ACCOMPLISHED

asuflyer
Topic Author

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:17 pm

United has now removed the jobs from their website claiming the jobs in India were posted in error.

https://onemileatatime.com/united-airli ... job-error/

CALMSP

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:09 pm

asuflyer wrote:
United has now removed the jobs from their website claiming the jobs in India were posted in error.

wow, what a joke!

superjeff

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:33 pm

aeromoe wrote:
x1234 wrote:

Personally, being in Dallas, Texas, and speaking English, some German, some French, and some Spanish, I find the Indian telephone workers much more difficult to understand than the Filipinos. it is a matter of accent. I can usually understand the Filipinos much more easily and accurately, because they speak with essentially the same accent I do. And, BTW, I can also understand British English, Australian English, and South African English more easily as well. It is just something about the Indian accent that causes me problems (and it may be more psychological than anything else).

malaysia

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:47 pm

x1234 wrote:

I remember being contacted by people handling local USA management recruiting with a US carrier in the Philippines. Recruiter was actually based in the Philippines, and actually got the geography wrong, contacting me while assuming I was a local candidate to that station just cause my address was in the same state, but an hour flight away. It seemed the policy for the specific positions was for local candidates only within driving distance, They eventually caved in and gave me a positive space ticket.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

PBADC3

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:05 pm

asuflyer wrote:

Uhhh... they only removed them from united.com where it was discovered. They (and others) are still out there on LinkedIn... some posted as recently as a couple of days ago.

So no, United, you can claim this was a mistake and turn the spin-dizzle machine up to 12, but guess what. You. Got. Caught. You got caught taking taxpayer money to keep airline employees employed in the U.S. Meanwhile you are hiring the backfills in India to outsource the heads in Chicago. Caught. Red handed.

alasizon

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:29 pm

The Network and Fleet Planning Analyst roles have had positions in India for at least two years that I'm aware of so I'm not quite sure how UA can claim they were posted in error and that all of those positions remain in the US.

Hell, last year they had a Network Planning position I remember seeing that was billed as being responsible for scheduling and planning for the DEN hub domestic operations. That position should never be in India.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

RDUDDJI

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 am

wernerga3 wrote:

I pay full fare F on United quite a bit

No offense, that's a huge waste of money. There are multiple F fares that aren't "full fare" that still offer the same benefits (i.e. refundable). But if you like throwing money away...
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

usdcaguy

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:01 am

[twoid][/twoid]
RDUDDJI wrote:
wernerga3 wrote:

I pay full fare F on United quite a bit

No offense, that's a huge waste of money. There are multiple F fares that aren't "full fare" that still offer the same benefits (i.e. refundable). But if you like throwing money away...

I sincerely doubt they pay “full F” themselves but rather have someone at their company pay it for them and end up getting upsell fares half the time. The GDS will always price the lowest fare for F and will include upsell fares when an F cabin booking class is used, so they’re fairly hard to avoid unless you use an entry for unrestricted fares. Even then, you may get a BUP fare or something cheaper than F.

Ziyulu

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:51 am

No different than Dell or HP.

COSPN

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:41 pm

I don’t see how this is legal.. imagine if some Irish executive opens remote office in Ireland then puts in the add “local hire for Irish citizens only” so he can just hire his personal friends that are loyal to him and not the company

guillelds

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:51 pm

My company handles UA's reservations here in Bogotá

Toinou

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:05 pm

COSPN wrote:
I don’t see how this is legal.. imagine if some Irish executive opens remote office in Ireland then puts in the add “local hire for Irish citizens only” so he can just hire his personal friends that are loyal to him and not the company

Well, it is not against the law to move an office to another country and it's obviously legal to ask for candidates to have the right to work in the country in which the office is.

I haven't seen any citizenship requirement in this story.
And concerning your supposition of "just hire his personal friends", I would ask:
1) Where did you see anything supporting that? Ans whose "personal friends" are you talking about?
2) Do you really think that a high ranking manager would need to move an office oversea to do that? If your answer is yes, you're probably very naive.
I'm not sure to understand (or like) what is probably driving your comment.

COSPN

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Very simple every United position should be open for any United employe to apply.. No “special “ deals .. If a American employee is the best for the job then then company should do the paperwork to get him or her a visa and work in India. or Germany or anyplace else.

United is an American company so should not offshore work and then not allow people to follow their jobs to India or the Philippines if people are willing to relocate. United can afford to support getting a work permit for someone to work in India or Hong King for a few years.. It would benefit both countries involved.

CALMSP

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:49 pm

COSPN wrote:
Very simple every United position should be open for any United employe to apply.. No “special “ deals .. If a American employee is the best for the job then then company should do the paperwork to get him or her a visa and work in India. or Germany or anyplace else.

United is an American company so should not offshore work and then not allow people to follow their jobs to India or the Philippines if people are willing to relocate. United can afford to support getting a work permit for someone to work in India or Hong King for a few years.. It would benefit both countries involved.

it was disappointing during the beginning phases leading up to the merger of UA bringing every employee back to the US that was positioned overseas (maybe not 100% but almost). I'd like to see them adopt what LH does, LH seems to have German employees running every station around the world.

COSPN

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 pm

From the job posting
“Must be legally allowed to work in India for any company without sponsorship “

Come on United let’s have less” scam jobs “and hire the best for the position

AEROFAN

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:40 pm

ua900 wrote:
x1234 wrote:
Is UAs rumored route SFO-MNL still active?

Maybe in 2030...

aeromoe wrote:

Quite right, I've had good service calls with people stateside, and good service calls with people who were offshore. And bad ones on both sides as well. The accent doesn't do much, what matters is whether they can help..

The accent most certainly do a lot. If you are not able to understand the speaker because of their accent, then it is impossible to get the help you require.
When I worked for an airline, back in the day, I had to make business trips to India every quarter for business reviews due to the airline outsourcing. I simply could not understand what most of the Indian workers I interacted with were saying and I am multi-lingual speaking and writing four languages fluently.

I look forward to seeing how this will play out. I suspect nothing will be done about it as outsourcing of American jobs has been going on for at least four decades now.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison~

WorldFlier

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:09 pm

DMPHL wrote:
CALMSP wrote:

Agreed.

WorldFlier

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
No different than Dell or HP.

Except CARES act and repeated bailouts of the Airline industry at great Taxpayer expense?

jayunited

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:28 pm

alasizon wrote:
The Network and Fleet Planning Analyst roles have had positions in India for at least two years that I'm aware of so I'm not quite sure how UA can claim they were posted in error and that all of those positions remain in the US.

Hell, last year they had a Network Planning position I remember seeing that was billed as being responsible for scheduling and planning for the DEN hub domestic operations. That position should never be in India.

Don't bother wasting your time, I posted the exact same thing days ago when this thread was opened. This thread demonstrate that people actually believe all corporate positions for United Airlines are either in Chicago or Houston, when the truth is like I stated earlier UA has those positions and many more in every region we fly to except Africa.

This thread is nothing more than a UA bashing thread fed by people who really don't understand what goes on behind the scenes outside of airport settings. But you know what it has been a few months since we've had a good UA bashing thread so I guess it's time. :lol:

77H

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:42 pm

CALMSP wrote:
UA cargo also outsources call center functions to a facility in MNL

Though the largest UA Cargo call center is still in in HOU just west of IAH. And if you are a regular customer, you can very easily reach your local rep.

77H

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos