Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

deltairlines

Re: OAG 9/8/2020:OH THE HUMANITY;AA+DAB-DFW/PHL;AM Cuts;DL+LAXSAL,Suspends PVG?;NK Exits IAG/PBG/GSO?;UA Suspends ITH/MH

Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:48 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
enilria wrote:
DL CUN-LAX NOV 1.0>1.4[1.0] DEC 1.4>2[1.0] JAN 1.1>2[1.4] FEB 1.0>2[1.2] MAR 1.1>2[0.9]
Interesting they would reduce that

LAXCUN has always been a difficult market; many have tried it, most have done poorly. The yields aren't great, and most west coast travelers go to either Hawaii or SJD/PVR/MZT. CUN is generally a big draw for the east coast/midwest.

HNL is basically an hour more flying time than CUN is from LAX and helps that it's in the same country. If people in California want Mexico, they'll take the 2 hour flight down to SJD/PVR/MZT.

enilria
Topic Author

Re: OAG 9/8/2020:OH THE HUMANITY;AA+DAB-DFW/PHL;AM Cuts;DL+LAXSAL,Suspends PVG?;NK Exits IAG/PBG/GSO?;UA Suspends ITH/MH

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:55 pm

jonair8 wrote:
Thanks again for the thread this week. It's a pleasure to look at, even if there are sad, deep deep cuts in it.

:)
panamair wrote:
enilria wrote:
panamair wrote:

I believe they have always been aiming to resume PVG at daily from both DTW and SEA but are currently limited by China’s capacity caps which only allow 4x weekly each for DL and UA. DL chose to split their 4x weekly PVG by 2x to DTW and 2x to SEA while UA is putting all of their 4x weekly into the SFO gateway

I didn't realize the limit is airline specific. I thought route specific. Are the Chinese carriers also limited on an airline basis?

Sorry didn’t mean to imply that China set the capacity cap for specific US airlines. Earlier this summer, China first allowed the US side only 4 weekly flights in total; UA and DL were the only two which expressed an interest to restart China flights so the DOT divided it equally between the two. Later in August, China allowed this to double to 8 weekly flights....again, since the only two candidates were UA and DL, each one then got a total of 4x weekly flights (2 new weekly flights in addition to the 2x weekly from the first round). The Chinese carriers are now limited to 8x weekly flights as well; the Chinese government decided how to allocate those limited weekly flights across the Chinese carriers.

Thanks for taking me through that :)
many321 wrote:
Knowing that UA is also starting their LAX -SAL flights lets see who wins this battle.

Seems moronic to be wasting money on this battle with the industry a shambles, but sure.
DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
enilria wrote:
I think we are really starting to see the post-CARES station closures as I suspected back in April. Unlike AA, most carriers are going to do this in the dark of the night highlighted only on a.net. I expect much more.

THANK YOU for providing us with all the information to see it .... OCTOBER IS A MASSACRE

:(
aerace wrote:
Another flight moved from PHL
*AA ORD-SRQ NOV 0>0.9[0] DEC 0>1.0[0.3] JAN 0>1.0[0.5] FEB 0>1.0[1.1] MAR 0>1.0[0.9]
*AA PHL-SRQ NOV 0.9>0.3[0.3] DEC 1.0>0.1[0.2] FEB 1.0>0.5[1.1] MAR 1.0>0.5[1.0]

Not sure if this is a filing error, but AA is showing daily for PHL through April. Seems quite off-brand at the moment if AA is reducing winter Florida service from the northeast.

So much is changing I suspect the airlines are doing a lot of editing rather than the old days of a single weekly update and that means this report may catch it sometimes between edits (the delete took place, but the add hasn't happened).

JFLANY

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:55 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
enilria wrote:
DL CUN-LAX NOV 1.0>1.4[1.0] DEC 1.4>2[1.0] JAN 1.1>2[1.4] FEB 1.0>2[1.2] MAR 1.1>2[0.9]
Interesting they would reduce that

LAXCUN has always been a difficult market; many have tried it, most have done poorly. The yields aren't great, and most west coast travelers go to either Hawaii or SJD/PVR/MZT. CUN is generally a big draw for the east coast/midwest.

This is an increase, not a decrease (the note belongs to a different route). DL has served LAX-CUN daily or nearly daily for some time, and I'd expect they have a good feeling as to how many more seats they can sell.

CUN is a unique market from others in Mexico, and while the Pacific Coast resorts are a large draw from LAX, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum are sufficiently differentiated to attract their own fans, particularly at a time when Mexico is one of the few places open to Americans.

FX1816

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:19 pm

jonair8 wrote:
Thanks again for the thread this week. It's a pleasure to look at, even if there are sad, deep deep cuts in it.

enilria wrote:

**DL ONT-SEA NOV 0.4>2.0[0] DEC 0>2[0] JAN 0>2[0] FEB 0>2[0] MAR 0>2[0] APR 0>2[0] MAY 0>2[0] JUN 0>2[0]

DL actually had me worried because originally this was bookable only for October. Glad to see it's not seasonal or just a one off thing now. AS definitely responded already, and it was needed, because AS usually downgrades this from 3 737s to 2 E75s during winter, which is too small. Good luck to both, and for once something is growing in the IE.

Alaska has not downgraded SEA in a long time at ONT, pre Coronavirus. Up until New Years it would be 3 flights a day, 737's, and then cut down to 2 flights a day Jan-early Mar. The flight that was usually cut was the late night arrival RON aircraft. The last couple of years, however, they were still running 3 flights a day year long with the mid day flight being downgauged to an E175. Not sure how familiar you are with ONT but things have been better than expected, traffic levels are not all that down. Passenger count I don't know but working in the tower it's just about the airplanes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos