Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CraigAnderson

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:34 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
For example, I admit to not actually knowing what res system they use, but it is very basic. The cost of upgrading to Amadeus or Sabre to properly integrate with global partners would be unpalatable for the Rex board.

If the Rex website is anything to go by, their reservations system is probably a box of 3x5 index cards.

I agree there is NO chance of Rex joining an alliance and I don't know why some people keep banging on about this. Just because you'd like to to happen or because it tickles your armchair airline CEO fancy doesn't mean it will happen, any more than me wishing to get a booty call from Ana de Armas is going to make her pick up her phone and dial my number. Rex is super stingy, that is their model along with some political strong-arming, and it's worked for them so far.

SYDSpotter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 am

SCFlyer wrote:

Depending on how REX goes with their Jet services, if they had 'moderate' success than there's the chance that ZL could be 'talked up' as a potential member.
ZL's predecessors were formerly Star Alliance affiliates through their now defunct former owner.

For an airline that has yet to actually fly any jet services, there is an awful lot of 'what ifs' and blue sky being talked about.

So far they've publicly stated they have plans to operate "up to 10 jet aircraft", and yet they have plans to start their own FF program and now they are a potential Star Alliance member?

The jury is still well and truly out as to whether the will even succeed against QF/JQ/VA in what will be a very depressed domestic travel environment, but yeh lets all dream about the day we can earn Krisflyer miles on a Rex service...
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

DavidByrne

Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:35 pm

moa999 wrote:
Assume QF can fly into TPE under its own branding as there is no government ownership those days.
They used AustraliaAsia Airways with a ribbon instead of the room from 1990 to 1996.

Believe KLM still uses KLM Asia branding,
But KLM Air France is still 14% owned by the Dutch and French Govts.

Not sure it's an issue these days. NZ flies (flew pre-Covid, at least) into TPE using its own branding as well as serving PVG. And of course it's still a shade over 50% government-owned.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

qf2048

Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:44 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
Personally I don't think global alliances have a great future and have never achieved their original aims of consistent service standards, global recognition and common FF programs. Instead we've ended up with camels like Star that have airlines from the very good SQ through to the perennially terrible UA grouped together providing zero chance of a successful outcome.

People have been saying this for years, that alliances don't have a great future, yet here we are and they still exist. Frequent flyers love them - which is evident from the years of sadness from Australians that there is no local Star Alliance domestic airline.

When it comes to oneworld, they do a good job. I've flown with QF, CX, AY, BA, AA, LA (before they left), EI (before they left), RJ and QR and global recognition is certainly there, plus consistent enough standards on board.

Not sure about your "common FF programs" comment. The oneworld launch press release from 22 September 1998 states, "The intention to enhance existing co-operation between the airlines in the field of frequent flyer programmes, enabling them in particular to provide more mileage awards, wider recognition for top-tier customers and access to more airport clubs and lounges."

and

"Smoother transfers for passengers travelling across the global networks of the five carriers.
Greater support, with employees of each airline equipped to assist and care for customers travelling with any of the oneworld airlines.
Greater value, through a range of round-the-world products."

I don't think there ever was an intention to have common frequent flyer programmes.

I agree with this. I always try and book on a Oneworld carrier when traveling around overseas. I have planned my trips around their carriers and destinations, even if there is a low cost option on the same route I still go with OW. I have lifetime Silver with QF so always get priority check in which Mrs qf2048 appreciates. Like to see Vueling, EI and JQ added as connect partners too.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB,VA,MH,KA,VN

zkncj

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:47 pm

DavidByrne wrote:
moa999 wrote:
Assume QF can fly into TPE under its own branding as there is no government ownership those days.
They used AustraliaAsia Airways with a ribbon instead of the room from 1990 to 1996.

Believe KLM still uses KLM Asia branding,
But KLM Air France is still 14% owned by the Dutch and French Govts.

Not sure it's an issue these days. NZ flies (flew pre-Covid, at least) into TPE using its own branding as well as serving PVG. And of course it's still a shade over 50% government-owned.

I believe they just had to recognise that TPE is apart of China, and not its own country.

x1234

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:06 am

Also tonight DL is putting their newest aircraft the A350 on the LAX-SYD route. DL says it burns 21% less fuel than the 777. They can now have higher margins like AA with the 789. I find it interesting UA is running a regular 789 and the 77W cargo only.

ZK-NBT

Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16 am

x1234 wrote:
Also tonight DL is putting their newest aircraft the A350 on the LAX-SYD route. DL says it burns 21% less fuel than the 777. They can now have higher margins like AA with the 789. I find it interesting UA is running a regular 789 and the 77W cargo only.

In the case of UA what else would they run? 77W is a cargo beast and 789 is very efficient.

AA are running a 77W to SYD.

EK413

Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 am

x1234 wrote:

The A350 has been operating the LAX-SYD route for close to a week & the last scheduled B77L service is currently enroute DL40 SYD-LAX

Flight DL40 from Sydney to Los Angeles
https://fr24.com/DAL40/25daaec7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

Obzerva

Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:51 am

zkncj wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:

People have been saying this for years, that alliances don't have a great future, yet here we are and they still exist. Frequent flyers love them - which is evident from the years of sadness from Australians that there is no local Star Alliance domestic airline.

Depending on how REX goes with their Jet services, if they had 'moderate' success than there's the chance that ZL could be 'talked up' as a potential member.
ZL's predecessors were formerly Star Alliance affiliates through their now defunct former owner.

Star had publicly said they were not interested in 'chasing VA up' a few years ago on the back of the NZ boardroom bickering, and VA still has too much baggage to sort out which will likely be the case for the medium term foreseeable future.

Plus I suspect Bain won't be interested in signing up for Global Alliance memberships considering the costs of joining, and Bain's primary aim will always be maximising their return on investment. Diverting outside of their main aims such as Global Alliances won't be on Bain's mind.

Until the Global travel market is back to normal (which could take 3-5 years). I hardly think global alliances are worth much at all to airlines. I think you’ll see more airlines reviewing how much value they get from this alliances versus having partnership with an couple of key airlines to there business.

REX technically was apart of *A for an short period while it as Kendal (under AN)

Couldn't agree more, the alliances still exist but only because there's no value in leaving them yet.

Personally I think they're at the top of their bell curve, no one is rushing to join, but at the same time, if you're in already, there's no major incentive to leave yet - basically at a stalemate.

Although it seems that SkyTeam may be an annual cost model, so if any alliance was to suffer member losses, I'm thinking it'll be SkyTeam, China Southern, and the LATAM group have already kicked off the charge out the door on those ones, with Air Europa not far behind.

If there was any future value in alliances Aer Lingus and Virgin Atlantic would be in them, that they're not is telling.

The entire Connect programs of oneworld and Star Alliance really just made it look like they're still growing, but it's artificial growth.

AS joining oneworld is an anomaly.

There's zero chance ZL will join an alliance, the best is maybe off interline or codeshare on UA.

IndianicWorld

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:29 am

Obzerva wrote:
zkncj wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Star had publicly said they were not interested in 'chasing VA up' a few years ago on the back of the NZ boardroom bickering, and VA still has too much baggage to sort out which will likely be the case for the medium term foreseeable future.

Plus I suspect Bain won't be interested in signing up for Global Alliance memberships considering the costs of joining, and Bain's primary aim will always be maximising their return on investment. Diverting outside of their main aims such as Global Alliances won't be on Bain's mind.

Until the Global travel market is back to normal (which could take 3-5 years). I hardly think global alliances are worth much at all to airlines. I think you’ll see more airlines reviewing how much value they get from this alliances versus having partnership with an couple of key airlines to there business.

REX technically was apart of *A for an short period while it as Kendal (under AN)

Couldn't agree more, the alliances still exist but only because there's no value in leaving them yet.

Personally I think they're at the top of their bell curve, no one is rushing to join, but at the same time, if you're in already, there's no major incentive to leave yet - basically at a stalemate.

Although it seems that SkyTeam may be an annual cost model, so if any alliance was to suffer member losses, I'm thinking it'll be SkyTeam, China Southern, and the LATAM group have already kicked off the charge out the door on those ones, with Air Europa not far behind.

If there was any future value in alliances Aer Lingus and Virgin Atlantic would be in them, that they're not is telling.

The entire Connect programs of oneworld and Star Alliance really just made it look like they're still growing, but it's artificial growth.

There's zero chance ZL will join an alliance, the best is maybe off interline or codeshare on UA.

My apologies if I misunderstood your point, but LATAM were part of OneWorld, not SkyTeam.

As for ZL, agree that an alliance Is the last thing from their minds at the moment. It’s more important to build their partnerships, which will certainly become even more valuable if they do expand jet services across the country.

Obzerva

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:48 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
Obzerva wrote:
zkncj wrote:

My apologies if I misunderstood your point, but LATAM were part of OneWorld, not SkyTeam.

As for ZL, agree that an alliance Is the last thing from their minds at the moment. It’s more important to build their partnerships, which will certainly become even more valuable if they do expand jet services across the country.

Thanks for picking that up, I was meaning, airlines leaving alliances, but wrote my post badly!

Obzerva

Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:55 am

Just spotted this image for Jetstar Japan

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Jetstar ... 2bO4L4CXBU

Do we think it's for Japan only, or possibly something to come for JQ as well?

IndianicWorld

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:07 am

^^ Given how many subtle changes Jetstar has made to it’s livery over time, it’s hard to tell, but that certainly looks like a good outcome if they do implement that further.

Obzerva wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
Obzerva wrote:

Thanks for picking that up, I was meaning, airlines leaving alliances, but wrote my post badly!

All good.

In the cases of LATAM, China Southern and likely Air Europa, investments from carriers in rival alliances all have a strong influence on those moves. The investments that went into joining the alliances are hard to walk away from, but if there’s a better offer on the table it makes sense to look at the alternatives.

qf002

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:44 am

Obzerva wrote:

There was a thread earlier in the year - viewtopic.php?t=1447107

Japan was the first JQ to have the current livery as well (with the star alongside the titles) with the rest of the Group following so I'd say this will be rolled out widely as well.

ClassicLover

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Obzerva wrote:

So I suppose Royal Air Maroc joining oneworld was also an anomaly? That's two airlines that have joined an alliance very recently as full members. Only Fiji Airways joined oneworld connect, and it's hardly artificial growth as it is a new carrier, albeit only relevant to certain frequent flyers. It makes sense, I can't see a huge demand from Royal Jordanian's frequent flyer base to be flying around Fiji and the Pacific and vice versa with Fiji's FF's flying around Jordan and the Middle East for example.

I also don't think that Virgin Atlantic and Aer Lingus are the bellwether indicating whether alliances have value or not :)
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Obzerva

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:18 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Obzerva wrote:

So I suppose Royal Air Maroc joining oneworld was also an anomaly? That's two airlines that have joined an alliance very recently as full members. Only Fiji Airways joined oneworld connect, and it's hardly artificial growth as it is a new carrier, albeit only relevant to certain frequent flyers. It makes sense, I can't see a huge demand from Royal Jordanian's frequent flyer base to be flying around Fiji and the Pacific and vice versa with Fiji's FF's flying around Jordan and the Middle East for example.

I also don't think that Virgin Atlantic and Aer Lingus are the bellwether indicating whether alliances have value or not :)

Clearly we disagree, EI and VS not joining considering who they’re owned by (or partially owned by) i do believe is an indicator.
As for Royal Air Maroc, actually I’ll say yes, given that alliance growth over the last 5 years has been negligible, hence my analogy to their membership being at the top of a bell curve.

Time will tell I guess.

ClassicLover

Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Obzerva wrote:
Clearly we disagree, EI and VS not joining considering who they’re owned by (or partially owned by) i do believe is an indicator.

It is a cost/benefit thing here for these two airlines in particular.

The reason EI left oneworld in 2007 is that it was going to cost them too much money to get their systems talking to the new recruits, Japan Airlines, Malev and Royal Jordanian so they decided to leave. To come back, they will need to do the same thing. EI use an in house developed reservations system called ASTRAL which first went online in late 1968. By your reasoning, as they're in IAG, they should be switching to Amadeus like the other IAG airlines. Again, it's a cost thing. EI doesn't have to pay anyone to use the in-house system and it works for them. It's part of the reason why they had the highest ROIC in IAG.

By the same token, Singapore Airlines owned 49% of Virgin Atlantic from 1999 to 2012, the main period when airlines joined alliances. Why didn't they join Star Alliance during that period when all airlines were joining an alliance, considering their owner?

I'll stand by what I said, EI and VS are not bellwether indicators for the viability of alliances.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Obzerva

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:43 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Obzerva wrote:

By the same token, Singapore Airlines owned 49% of Virgin Atlantic from 1999 to 2012, the main period when airlines joined alliances. Why didn't they join Star Alliance during that period when all airlines were joining an alliance, considering their owner?

Because BMI were in Star Alliance then, and would never have agreed to that.

RyanairGuru

Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:55 am

I’ve got a question for the Anet brains trust. In 3 weeks I’m flying PER-BNE-CBR, with a 2h40m connection in BNE.

My understanding is that as I’m on a connecting flight out of the state, and not leaving the airport, I don’t need a Queensland border pass. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that I can’t find anything on the Queensland Government website that actually says that.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

xiaotung

Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:56 am

Obzerva wrote:
zkncj wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

There are not a lot of new members joining alliances because most major airlines are already in one. I could say VS not joining an alliance is an anormaly as much as you say AS joining is an anormaly. Alliances can't grow as they have reached saturation point but when there are enough members leaving, they will find balance and grow again.

oskarclare

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
I’ve got a question for the Anet brains trust. In 3 weeks I’m flying PER-BNE-CBR, with a 2h40m connection in BNE.

My understanding is that as I’m on a connecting flight out of the state, and not leaving the airport, I don’t need a Queensland border pass. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that I can’t find anything on the Queensland Government website that actually says that.

I flew CBR-SYD-BNE back in July and the way they were running it is all interstate flights out of the satelite gates and all intrastate directly from the gates in the main terminal area. QLD police and ADF have border controls set up where the satelite meets the main terminal. As a result, as long as you are QF or VA all the way you won't need to leave the satelite area so I would say you shouldn't need a border pass.

grh

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:51 am

qf002 wrote:
Obzerva wrote:

There was a thread earlier in the year - viewtopic.php?t=1447107

Japan was the first JQ to have the current livery as well (with the star alongside the titles) with the rest of the Group following so I'd say this will be rolled out widely as well.

JQ first Neo (9540) has already been painted and currently stored (minus engines)

https://aibfamily.flights/A320/9540

RyanairGuru

Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:52 am

oskarclare wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

I flew CBR-SYD-BNE back in July and the way they were running it is all interstate flights out of the satelite gates and all intrastate directly from the gates in the main terminal area. QLD police and ADF have border controls set up where the satelite meets the main terminal. As a result, as long as you are QF or VA all the way you won't need to leave the satelite area so I would say you shouldn't need a border pass.

Thanks for that, that makes perfect sense. In that case I think I’ll apply for a border pass anyway and try and cross the Queensland border so that I can access the Qantas Club. Two and a half hours stuck in the satellite doesn’t sound very appealing!
Worked Hard, Flew Right

An767

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:46 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
oskarclare wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

Thanks for that, that makes perfect sense. In that case I think I’ll apply for a border pass anyway and try and cross the Queensland border so that I can access the Qantas Club. Two and a half hours stuck in the satellite doesn’t sound very appealing!

Only the business lounge is currently open in BNE i was in there last Thursday, look's like only business or platinum members allowed in. so if you are not in flying business , border pass may e a waste of time. i will check it out on way home as thats an Y class flight.
AN767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

anstar

Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:32 am

RyanairGuru wrote:

Maybe call their Covid hotline to make sure you are covered?

Chipmunk1973

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:51 am

RyanairGuru wrote:

The QLD Gov website is vague about it. But even coming from a Non CoVid Hot Spot, you still need to apply for a General pass. They list it down the page and not right at the top where it should be.

A separate declaration pass is required for each individual, including children, and all travellers in your party must be eligible to enter Queensland.

https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass/general

I completely forgot when returning from Darwin a couple of months ago but did it on my phone in a couple of mins and showed the QLD Police officer and it was OK.

Enjoy the Qantas Club.
Cheers,
C1973

B707, B717, B727, B734, B737, B738, B743, B77W, A300, A320, A332, A333, A339, A388, BAe146, Cessna 206.

Chipmunk1973

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:03 am

An767 wrote:

Only the business lounge is currently open in BNE i was in there last Thursday, look's like only business or platinum members allowed in. so if you are not in flying business , border pass may e a waste of time. i will check it out on way home as thats an Y class flight.
AN767

Just checked the QF website, he should be good to go in the Biz Lounge:

If a Qantas Club lounge is closed and a Business lounge is open in that same airport, you’ll be able to access the Business lounge if capacity limits haven’t been met.

Last couple of times I was in the BNE biz lounge it was not super busy.
Cheers,
C1973

B707, B717, B727, B734, B737, B738, B743, B77W, A300, A320, A332, A333, A339, A388, BAe146, Cessna 206.

EK413

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:10 am

The 2nd QF repatriation flight departed this morning SYD to DEL.

Flight QF111 from Sydney to Delhi
https://fr24.com/QFA111/25dcc6f5

Chipmunk1973

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:18 am

EK413 wrote:

Any idea on how many they will do to India? Can’t recall where I read it but apparently there was a reasonable number of Aussies in India.
Cheers,
C1973

EK413

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:19 am

Chipmunk1973 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Any idea on how many they will do to India? Can’t recall where I read it but apparently there was a reasonable number of Aussies in India.

I’ve read there will be a total of 8 repatriation flights to London, India and South Africa.

RyanairGuru

Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am

anstar wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

Maybe call their Covid hotline to make sure you are covered?

Thanks for suggesting that. Called the Queensland Government COVID hotline and a border pass is indeed required even if only in transit out of the state.

Coming from WA it will only be a formality, but it’s better to know in advance.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

myki

Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:30 pm

Chipmunk1973 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

I'm not sure to India. I would imagine there might be some Indian nationals heading back to their home country. Would make sense to put them on this flight if permitted under the Vande Bharat missions.

grh

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:53 pm

ex-JQ Asia A320 9V-JSE will be joining the Qlink/Network fleet as VH-UVO

Returned to reg on 19/10

RyanairGuru

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Another Cathay Pacific 77W appears to be heading to Alice Springs, presumably for storage. B-KPV is currently en-route SYD-ASP as CX3494.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Kent350787

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:33 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Another Cathay Pacific 77W appears to be heading to Alice Springs, presumably for storage. B-KPV is currently en-route SYD-ASP as CX3494.

There are around 20 CX widebodies there now, mostly 777 but around 5 A333 as well.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

AJ

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 am

grh wrote:

Returned to reg on 19/10

Hi there. CASA has UVO listed as MSN 2453 which was 9V-JSF.

grh

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:02 am

AJ wrote:
grh wrote:

Returned to reg on 19/10

Hi there. CASA has UVO listed as MSN 2453 which was 9V-JSF.

My typo, you are correct

grh

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:03 am

VH-JQX returned to Perth on 16/10 with a red tail

Expected 1st Network rev service today

melpax

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 am

Some lifting of the restrictions in MEL have just been announced.

All retail & hospitality to re-open on Wednesday, with capacity limits for Hospitality (20 people indoors, 50 outdoors, all seated)

25km movement limit & Metro/Regional border to remain until at least November 8. Gyms & indoor pools to reopen then.

There's currently checkpoints in place to prevent movement to outer Melbourne regions such as The Dandenongs & Mornington Peninsula.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 568oe.html
Essendon - Whatever it takes......

tullamarine

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 am

melpax wrote:
Some lifting of the restrictions in MEL have just been announced.

All retail & hospitality to re-open on Wednesday, with capacity limits for Hospitality (20 people indoors, 50 outdoors, all seated)

25km movement limit & Metro/Regional border to remain until at least November 8. Gyms & indoor pools to reopen then.

There's currently checkpoints in place to prevent movement to outer Melbourne regions such as The Dandenongs & Mornington Peninsula.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 568oe.html

Hopefully NSW will reopen its border to Victoria from 8/11 or thereabouts. From there, assuming things remain in control, the other states should follow so all states except WA are open by Christmas. This will be good for the airlines but even better for those with family and friends interstate who they haven't seen since March at least.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

Chipmunk1973

Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:30 am

Is anyone familiar with the plane storage at ASP? I’m flying to ASP next week and thought it might be something interesting to see. Is there any good spots for photos?

Thanks.
Cheers,
C1973

EK413

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Worth following his profile and perhaps asking the question. He did a day trip to ASP and would be able to provide vantage points.

https://instagram.com/sjaviationphotogr ... 7l9ksjy0mw

meneses24

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi!

Here is the first E190 for Alliance Airlines on its pre-delivery flight test

The crate? The quality of the crate matters little, success depends upon the man who sits on it...

NZ516

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:55 am

Wow that looks stunning in their colours very smart.

Fuling

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 am

meneses24 wrote:
Hi!

Any speculation as to the delivery route of this aircraft? (Just put BNE as a reference point)

I'd put a photo but I can't, here's a URL to help speculate.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=c%3Agreen% ... =wls&DU=mi

Deano969

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am

Fuling wrote:
meneses24 wrote:
Hi!

Any speculation as to the delivery route of this aircraft? (Just put BNE as a reference point)

Better question
Where will they be using these 14 new frames
As they are only just now bringing the last of the Fokkers into service, would they seriously start phasing them out straight away ?
Or will they be used for RPT work either for VA / 2 or in their own right
They have started Maroochy to Cairns and Canberra on their own, could we be looking at QQ moving to open more routes, perhaps a new player on the triangle....

tullamarine

Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:22 am

Deano969 wrote:
Fuling wrote:
meneses24 wrote:
Hi!

Better question
Where will they be using these 14 new frames
As they are only just now bringing the last of the Fokkers into service, would they seriously start phasing them out straight away ?
Or will they be used for RPT work either for VA / 2 or in their own right
They have started Maroochy to Cairns and Canberra on their own, could we be looking at QQ moving to open more routes, perhaps a new player on the triangle....

I would be surprised if they were interested in triangle routes which would just be an invitation to lose money. They are a well run and profitable organisation that knows how to make money in their niche. The E90s were acquired at a bargain price of under USD80M including spares so I would guess they saw the opportunity that Covid presented in acquiring a fairly new fleet for well under historical prices and jumped at it. Their oldest F100s are approaching 30 years old so starting to plan to roll them out makes sense. They have acquired some F100s in recent years but some of this has been to scrap and acquire rotables which are now becoming otherwise scarce in the market.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

kriskim

Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:37 am

Does anyone know where the QF A321F are based? MEL?
A world built upon connectivity.

Qantas16

Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:53 am

kriskim wrote:
Does anyone know where the QF A321F are based? MEL?

Not sure, so far seems to be MEL based. It's done one MEL-SYD-MEL and one MEL-BNE-MEL rotation since delivery. Would make sense, presumably maintained by JQ in MEL and ex (or current?) JQ pilots.

grh

Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:32 am

QQ E190 has commenced delivery flight.

Expected in Brisbane tomorrow 17:00

https://www.facebook.com/AllianceAirlines/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos