Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

AA Passenger Tries to Jump Counter, Attack Employee After Being Told She Can't Board Flight Barefoot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:00 am

Oh, For Chrissakes…..

"On Sunday, September 27, two customers were denied boarding on flight 1061 with service from Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX) after attempting to board the aircraft without shoes," the statement read. "After being informed of our policy, the customers became irate and one attempted to strike an American team member at the gate."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/am ... -ntp-feeds

In my CS years, especially as a Sup, I had more than one passenger try to come over the counter at me. It usually ended badly for them. As an airport cop once told a pax I had an issue with, as he was putting on handcuffs said, "This is not Burger King, you do not get it your way!"
Back in the days where you got $50-$100 rewards for collecting bad or stolen credit cards, it was at least a once-a-month occurrence at the counter, it seemed.

737MAX7

Re: AA Passenger Tries to Jump Counter, Attack Employee After Being Told She Can't Board Flight Barefoot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:28 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
Oh, For Chrissakes…..

"On Sunday, September 27, two customers were denied boarding on flight 1061 with service from Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX) after attempting to board the aircraft without shoes," the statement read. "After being informed of our policy, the customers became irate and one attempted to strike an American team member at the gate."

In my CS years, especially as a Sup, I had more than one passenger try to come over the counter at me. It usually ended badly for them. As an airport cop once told a pax I had an issue with, as he was putting on handcuffs said, "This is not Burger King, you do not get it your way!"
Back in the days where you got $50-$100 rewards for collecting bad or stolen credit cards, it was at least a once-a-month occurrence at the counter, it seemed.

I worked in customer service at a major grocery chain and then a small locally owned grocery/liquor store back in Ohio from the age of 15 until I was 25 before getting hired by SWA and spending the last 8 years on the ramp. I absolutely will NOT ever work with the American public ever again if I can help it. Most have become over entitled brats who think they can get away with whatever they want because “tHe CuStOmEr Is AlWaYs RiGhT”. 10 years working customer service has made me hate most humans, dogs are so much better :lol:

peterinlisbon

Re: AA Passenger Tries to Jump Counter, Attack Employee After Being Told She Can't Board Flight Barefoot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 am

Someone should have told her that she was being unreasonable.

T54A

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:00 am

Why can't you fly barefoot?
T6, Allouette 3, Oryx, King Air, B1900, B727, B744, A319, A342/3/6 A332/3 A359

StTim

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:38 am

You are not supposed to drive barefoot in the UK.

SCQ83

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am

Druggies?

AC_B777

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:45 am

T54A wrote:

Why would you want to fly barefoot?!?! Seriously! Walking around an airport and an aircraft where thousands of other people have walked with God knows what on the bottom of their shoes! Not to mention going into the lavs barefoot!! Ugh...An airplane is not some sandy beach or the inside of your home where being barefoot is ok, they are generally pretty disgusting, especially the floors.
In life, some days you are the bug..... some days you are the windshield!

chonetsao

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am

T54A wrote:

From airline points of view, barefoot increases the likelihood of injury onboard. The possible scenario could be loose fitting carpet, loose pins or parts from the seats, or small sharp objects left from the previous flyers that were not cleaned properly. All leads to airline liabilities and injury claims. What is more, barefoot increase the likelihood of a fall in the bathroom floor as it is smooth surface. Those are just my guesses.

Jetty

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am

SCQ83 wrote:
Druggies?

Miss Mohammadi admitted drinking tequila at the Voodoo Lounge before the flight.

amax1977

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 am

I bet both pax will be banned to board future AA flights.

https://youtu.be/QXvZJAh3N1Q

PANAMsterdam

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:56 am

I hope these people are banned from flying on ANY carrier: domestically or internationally.
Every country has an airline. The world has Pan Am.

AntonioMartin

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:23 am

I flew barefoot once.

Correction: I flew barefoot during a short portion of a flight. Also on American BTW. It ws a long flight and I was wearing sandals. So for about 10 minutes I slipped out of them to relax my feet.I then quietly put them back on, not wanting the FA's to notice of course.

Because it would be their duty, and rightfully so, to harshly tell me to put them back on. And I could also face further consequences.

But there are stupid people who think they are entitled to doing what they want without any consequences against them.

MIflyer12

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:27 am

T54A wrote:

The Contract of Carriage prohibits it, #1.

Dress appropriately; bare feet or offensive clothing aren’t allowed.

Common sense, #2.

Florida Woman doesn't sound like a rules-follower.

Ziyulu

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:39 am

I always wondered what happens if someone steals your shoes after security check? Are you supposed to buy shoes at an airport store?

slvrblt

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:56 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
T54A wrote:

They weren't from Florida. They live in LAX, and were going back.
Trash, both of them.
..everything works out in the end.

Sokes

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:28 pm

These hippies are a danger to our youth. :talktothehand:

On a more serious note:
I suspect a mental problem.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

mxaxai

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
T54A wrote:

Common sense, #2.

So socks only would've been fine? Or a pair of flip-flops?

Miamiairport

Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 pm

Only a MIA. Seriously if this fool gets a cut on their foot from walking barefoot do you want to sit at the gate for an hour while he gets medical attention or in flight and the cut is bad enough have your flight diverted?

Strebav8or

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:00 pm

mxaxai wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
T54A wrote:

Common sense, #2.

Yes, I've seen people wearing medical socks only.....my last flight out of Miami, two women looked as if they had just gotten our of bed and came to get on the flight (robes, hair in towels/wraps, pajama pants, house shoes/slippers). There is no sense of decorum in flight any longer.

gon2fly

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Always amusing to watch people go into the lavs without shoes. Folks, most of that liquid on the floor is not from the sink..... :o :lol:

Aptivaboy

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:34 pm

I worked in customer service at a major grocery chain and then a small locally owned grocery/liquor store back in Ohio from the age of 15 until I was 25 before getting hired by SWA and spending the last 8 years on the ramp. I absolutely will NOT ever work with the American public ever again if I can help it. Most have become over entitled brats who think they can get away with whatever they want because “tHe CuStOmEr Is AlWaYs RiGhT”. 10 years working customer service has made me hate most humans, dogs are so much better

Yup! This!

I worked CS at a major West Coast retail chain before grad school and it was the same. Okay, no one tried to jump the counter, but you get the idea. I'm in education now, and it isn't much better. Dealing with entitled mommies and daddies is a lot like dealing with their entitled kiddies, which isn't too far away from dealing with idiots like these AA (former) customers. What my sister often says, and she's right, is that our society often seems to have simply lost empathy.

Lrockeagle

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:46 pm

I flew in F on DFW-NRT and NRT-SJC and they gave us these cool slippers to wear on the plane.
Lrockeagle
15 years ago

I got $20 says AA takes their 787's with GE powerplants. Just a hunch. Any takers?

clipperlondon

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:50 pm

slvrblt wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
T54A wrote:

They weren't from Florida. They live in LAX, and were going back.
Trash, both of them.

Well they can flippin well stay there! lol

Looked like Children Of Hippies (or worse, Grandchildren of Hippies)

What is it with these self-entitled brats? I saw the clip and the Gate Agent had done nothing wrong except politely pointing out the danger of not wearing shoes on an aircraft and Company Policy, I bet they'd be the first to sue if one of their lickle tippy-toes got a scratch. Peasants.

whisperjet727

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Maybe they had a plan. 40 people were busted in Beverly Hills last week for using fraudulent Unemployment Debit Cards to buy Gucci slippers.

cschleic

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:36 pm

chonetsao wrote:
T54A wrote:

From airline points of view, barefoot increases the likelihood of injury onboard. The possible scenario could be loose fitting carpet, loose pins or parts from the seats, or small sharp objects left from the previous flyers that were not cleaned properly. All leads to airline liabilities and injury claims. What is more, barefoot increase the likelihood of a fall in the bathroom floor as it is smooth surface. Those are just my guesses.

Probably also if there's an evacuation...possible injury or it would slow things down. Overall, a safety issue.

UA748i

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Dont fly barefoot.

Not only is it incredibly disgusting and unsanitary, its also a safety hazard. If we need to evacuate an accident, or if there is debris to navigate thereafter, you are gonna have a bad time.

Could be hours before we got you stitches or a tetanus shot.

Same applies for flip flops. Use common sense.

usflyer msp

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:12 pm

This is what you get when you are selling MIA-LAX flights for $40.

ual4life

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:26 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Oh, For Chrissakes…..

Unfortunately cops have been neutered now. You can consistently find that cops will not remove even the most disruptive of patrons.

This will only get worse...
NNVII

jimbo737

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:31 pm

The concept of being barefoot in the event of an orderly aircraft evacuation, or worse, an evacuation path scattered with sharp debris should be enough for even the thickest of people to be able to figure this out.

A few years back, in the middle of winter, a Sunwing aircraft under tow clipped an arriving WS aircraft at the gate at YYZ resulting in an evacuation on to the ramp in -12C weather. The WS aircraft had arrived from CUN loaded up with more than a few people in their "wife beater" tank tops, shorts and sandals, excited to play the "look at me, I just came back from a beach vacation" game at the baggage carousel.

I'm sure they'll dress appropriately the next time they fly.

sandyb123

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:35 pm

amax1977 wrote:

Bizarre.

Sandyb123
Member of the mile high club

Miamiairport

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:41 pm

I would also chime in about the lav floor. The number of times I've looked down and thought I don't think that's water I'm seeing. Walking barefoot onto "human waste" can't be very healthy and this moron would be just the type to find a shady lawyer and file a lawsuit if he became seriously ill.

I too have become more amazed at the appearance of people when they fly, in all cabins. Some look like they've been wearing the same clothes for days and haven't showered in days. And again not just in coach.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Gee, I thought it was rather crude not to wear a jacket and tie. What’s the US coming to, oh wait.

usflyer msp

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:51 pm

jimbo737 wrote:
The concept of being barefoot in the event of an orderly aircraft evacuation, or worse, an evacuation path scattered with sharp debris should be enough for even the thickest of people to be able to figure this out.

A few years back, in the middle of winter, a Sunwing aircraft under tow clipped an arriving WS aircraft at the gate at YYZ resulting in an evacuation on to the ramp in -12C weather. The WS aircraft had arrived from CUN loaded up with more than a few people in their "wife beater" tank tops, shorts and sandals, excited to play the "look at me, I just came back from a beach vacation" game at the baggage carousel.

Or look at that SQ flight that had an incident at TPE and the flight attendants could not properly evacuate the aircraft because they were wearing thongs (the kind for your feet not the underwear, lol)

CrimsonNL

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Miami was the first word that sprung to my mind when I read this thread title..
Always comparing your flown types list with mine

foxecho

Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Sooooooooo glad I took the buyout, done with this crap for-ever!

Andrew
..uh, we'll need that to live......

LAXffDUB

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:32 pm

Strebav8or wrote:
mxaxai wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

Common sense, #2.

Yes, I've seen people wearing medical socks only.....my last flight out of Miami, two women looked as if they had just gotten our of bed and came to get on the flight (robes, hair in towels/wraps, pajama pants, house shoes/slippers). There is no sense of decorum in flight any longer.

Sadly, it's the norm and reminds me of the adage; "dress to impress". A passenger once showed up for a morning flight I was on wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers. They told the gate agent they were running late while also asking about the status of their upgrade. Needless to say, that didn't happen!

Antarius

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:43 pm

LAXffDUB wrote:
Strebav8or wrote:
mxaxai wrote:

Sadly, it's the norm and reminds me of the adage; "dress to impress". A passenger once showed up for a morning flight I was on wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers. They told the gate agent they were running late while also asking about the status of their upgrade. Needless to say, that didn't happen!

Who am I dressing to impress on a flight again?

Granted, I'm not a fan of the "pajamas outside the house" thing, but I fly in shorts and loafers/flip flops and once onboard anything longer than 5 hours, change on the plane. I don't need to justify my presence in J seat to anyone, so I'm sure as heck not dressing in my 3 piece; that's what the arrivals lounge is for.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

75driver

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Hilarious. She be Ms Bohemian

airportugal310

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Antarius wrote:
LAXffDUB wrote:
Strebav8or wrote:

Who am I dressing to impress on a flight again?

Granted, I'm not a fan of the "pajamas outside the house" thing, but I fly in shorts and loafers/flip flops and once onboard anything longer than 5 hours, change on the plane. I don't need to justify my presence in J seat to anyone, so I'm sure as heck not dressing in my 3 piece; that's what the arrivals lounge is for.

+10

Good to see classism rearing its usual head on a.net again :roll:
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

OB1504

Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 pm

LAXffDUB wrote:
Strebav8or wrote:
mxaxai wrote:

Pajamas and fuzzy slippers aren’t against the minimum dress code and if the upgrade didn’t clear it’s because the premium cabin was full. Do you think the gate agent making $14 an hour is going to care about this classist nonsense?

CobaltScar

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:16 pm

They are acting like animals. Feel sorry for the police having to deal with trash like that.

ScottB

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:35 pm

jimbo737 wrote:

Eh, I'd give tourists arriving from the tropics a bit more slack about their attire. If you start the day in CUN, you're not going to be traveling to the airport in sweaters and heavy coats. You're not going to be wearing that clothing in the CUN airport, and you're not going to wear it on the plane unless the flight crew really cranks up the a/c. So you plan to take that heavy clothing out of your luggage while at baggage claim when you're actually going to need it upon exiting the airport.

I do that sort of trip between different climates several times a year (in ordinary times) and I add the extra layers when I get to the cold-weather airport.

TWA302

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:06 pm

amax1977 wrote:

"We are not fighting. We are not fighting. We are not fighting." + 100 times more..... :talktothehand:

What a complete waste of public resources to deal with these two complete losers. I agree with the others that they should be on the DNF list on every US carrier. Commend the officers involved. I would NEVER be able to their job.

deebee278

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:19 pm

If the couple "appeared to be intoxicated", as they say, they would have most likely been thrown off the plane anyway. Who wants to bet she left the shoes at security?

MartijnNL

Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Respect for the police officers who made the arrests. The terrible behaviour they have to deal with...

And I guess the couple can consider themselves lucky. Other troublemakers in the United States get shot for less.

aeromoe

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:36 pm

chonetsao wrote:
T54A wrote:

Not to mention what about during an emergency egress of the aircraft...especially if there is aircraft debris through which to climb/walk/jump...to potentially save your or anyone else's life. Just sayin'.
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

aeromoe

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 pm

jimbo737 wrote:

:checkmark: This. I just posted a similar repsonse without first reading through all of them. Good job jimbo737...it's just plain common sense!
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

B727skyguy

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 pm

Last year I flew LH FRA-ATH. A father and son made the entire journey barefoot. It was so strange to see them walking barefoot across the ramp from the bus to the plane. They remained barefoot on the flight. I later saw them barefoot in the baggage hall in ATH. It was odd that no one said anything to them.

I was once on a flight in C class and saw a young (college age) nonrev (he announced in a loud voice to the cabin crew that his mother worked for the airline) walk around the cabin barefoot. He even walked into the lav barefoot!

flilot

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:11 pm

Nowt wrong with flying barefoot.

Flaps

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:19 am

Sometimes I really do love this country. There aren't all that many places that provide free airport entertainment like this one does.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos