Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slvrblt

Re: AA Passenger Tries to Jump Counter, Attack Employee After Being Told She Can't Board Flight Barefoot

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:25 am

usflyer msp wrote:
This is what you get when you are selling MIA-LAX flights for $40.

And here, we have the winner, says it all. No need to travel Greyhound, you can fly instead.
..everything works out in the end.

slvrblt

Re: AA Passenger Tries to Jump Counter, Attack Employee After Being Told She Can't Board Flight Barefoot

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 am

Oh, you all have NO IDEA. This nonsense is a DAILY occurrence in MIA, but it's other places too. I also took the buyout (42years) and am so happy I don't have to deal with the 'modern' American public anymore. If you all haven't seen it, google the video of the nutcase crawling along the top of seats on an ATLMIA flight, holding on to the top of the overhead bins, screaming interesting things I can't repeat here. Pretty sure she was a druggie but even so there's no respect, decorum, manners, or education anymore. Most of these morons have the same vocabulary that surfaces after about two sentences if they can string them together: Mother^&*ucker....Bitch, S&*hit, and so it goes. The four letter word vocabulary is how everyone seems to need to express themselves now, although I doubt anyone could spell the words if they needed to. Late arrival? ''Whatcha mean, too late???????? ''I still have 10minutes, why can't I make the flight?''.....Riiiiiight.

Also...........there is apparently some kind of sale or deal going on right now in the Dominican Republic, flights arriving MIA from there have 30 or more wheelchair requests per flight (737's) and they all have had boob or butt surgery. Some still have liquid drain tubes attached and you can't say anything to them .... it's gross.
I've had them tell me that their doctor gave them a note that they cannot sit, and must stand the entire flight, and the letter authorizes that. Uh........NO. Then the fun starts, the screaming and cursing. No more. I'm outta there! :)
..everything works out in the end.

brilondon

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 am

T54A wrote:
Why can't you fly barefoot?

The carpets are disgusting. I have seen people walk around an aircraft barefoot and I thought, Eww, do they know that the carpets on aircraft are horrible and not cleaned very often? Just thinking about it now makes me queasy.
Rush forever Closer To My Heart

ricpeterson

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:35 am

Another big reason for requiring shoes. In a possible evacuation would you really want to do that barefoot?

trex8

Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:18 am

Whatever happened to
No Shoes
No Shirt
No Service

(of course now also add No Mask)

32andBelow

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 am

AC_B777 wrote:
T54A wrote:

Why would you want to fly barefoot?!?! Seriously! Walking around an airport and an aircraft where thousands of other people have walked with God knows what on the bottom of their shoes! Not to mention going into the lavs barefoot!! Ugh...An airplane is not some sandy beach or the inside of your home where being barefoot is ok, they are generally pretty disgusting, especially the floors.

Why do you care?

T54A

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:12 am

AC_B777 wrote:
T54A wrote:

Why would you want to fly barefoot?!?! Seriously! Walking around an airport and an aircraft where thousands of other people have walked with God knows what on the bottom of their shoes! Not to mention going into the lavs barefoot!! Ugh...An airplane is not some sandy beach or the inside of your home where being barefoot is ok, they are generally pretty disgusting, especially the floors.

I don’t want to. But doesn’t mean it should be outlawed
T6, Allouette 3, Oryx, King Air, B1900, B727, B744, A319, A342/3/6 A332/3 A359

WesternDC6B

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 am

trex8 wrote:
Whatever happened to
No Shoes
No Shirt
No Service

I was at a restaurant where a sign said "Shoes and Shirts Must Be Worn" . Mine were both in good repair, so I went elsewhere

:duck:
“Pedantic” defined: spelling “pedantic” “pædantic”.

MartijnNL

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm

trex8 wrote:
Whatever happened to
No Shoes
No Shirt
No Service

It still applies.

It's the reason why this crazy couple was refused on board.

FlyingElvii
Topic Author

Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:47 pm

slvrblt wrote:
Oh, you all have NO IDEA. This nonsense is a DAILY occurrence in MIA, but it's other places too. I also took the buyout (42years) and am so happy I don't have to deal with the 'modern' American public anymore. If you all haven't seen it, google the video of the nutcase crawling along the top of seats on an ATLMIA flight, holding on to the top of the overhead bins, screaming interesting things I can't repeat here. Pretty sure she was a druggie but even so there's no respect, decorum, manners, or education anymore. Most of these morons have the same vocabulary that surfaces after about two sentences if they can string them together: Mother^&*ucker....Bitch, S&*hit, and so it goes. The four letter word vocabulary is how everyone seems to need to express themselves now, although I doubt anyone could spell the words if they needed to. Late arrival? ''Whatcha mean, too late???????? ''I still have 10minutes, why can't I make the flight?''.....Riiiiiight.

Also...........there is apparently some kind of sale or deal going on right now in the Dominican Republic, flights arriving MIA from there have 30 or more wheelchair requests per flight (737's) and they all have had boob or butt surgery. Some still have liquid drain tubes attached and you can't say anything to them .... it's gross.
I've had them tell me that their doctor gave them a note that they cannot sit, and must stand the entire flight, and the letter authorizes that. Uh........NO. Then the fun starts, the screaming and cursing. No more. I'm outta there! :)

That really started in the late 80’s, but really went into overdrive when ProAir and some of the other super discounters came along. One of the reasons I always bid baggage service lines when I could get them. At least on the Hot Seat, I knew why they were screaming at me.

For the ProAir passenger, the primary type of luggage container was the trash bag. I am NOT kidding. We would see 30 or 40 trash bags come down the belt for almost every flight. I hated working those flights.

Antarius

Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:12 pm

WesternDC6B wrote:
trex8 wrote:
Whatever happened to
No Shoes
No Shirt
No Service

I was at a restaurant where a sign said "Shoes and Shirts Must Be Worn" . Mine were both in good repair, so I went elsewhere

:duck:

:rotfl:
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

par13del

Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:33 pm

So is anyone going to ask the obvious questions, why were they not tasered and or shot? We have seen tasers used on folks who were much less disruptive to the police.
When the boy friend refused to let her go so that she could be arrested, how did they know he/she did not have a weapon in her clothes?

Miamiairport

Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:11 pm

slvrblt wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
This is what you get when you are selling MIA-LAX flights for $40.

And here, we have the winner, says it all. No need to travel Greyhound, you can fly instead.

And as airlines get desperate for cash flow flights are going to become cheaper and cheaper. Greyhound no, the NYC subway at 3AM yes.

Maverick623

Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:25 pm

par13del wrote:
So is anyone going to ask the obvious questions, why were they not tasered and or shot? We have seen tasers used on folks who were much less disruptive to the police.
When the boy friend refused to let her go so that she could be arrested, how did they know he/she did not have a weapon in her clothes?

A taser would have certainly been justified. Only the cops there know why they didn't use them.

They were nowhere near the level of lethal force. You need a hell of a lot more than "well they might have a weapon".
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

OB1504

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 pm

par13del wrote:

The airport police at MIA are not your regular street cops. They have to serve with the department for a number of years before they can get an airport assignment and once they do they receive extra training (including customer service training). This results in police officers with better deescalation skills.

Also, it would be a terrible look for MIA to have police shooting unruly passengers (unless absolutely necessary), plus the disruption to airport operations since a shooting would result in part of AA’s terminal having to shut down. There were a half dozen cops surrounding the pair; the situation was under control.

GSPSPOT

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Classism has absolutely NOTHING to do with expecting just a hint of decorum when interacting with fellow human beings. It's about consideration and respect.
Great Lakes, great life.

seat1a

Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:19 pm

Slightly off topic, several years ago (2008) i was on an Air France A330 (CDG-SEA) in business class a row behind the lav. I saw a man in bare feet walk into the loo and come out about 5 minutes later. I had a fabulous French lunch and glass of Bordeaux that i could barely stomach after witnessing that.

ClipperMonsoon

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:42 am

Yup thats MIA for ya, well done to the LEO'S, they had way more patience with these idiots than I would have had
The true Queen of the Skies has an HF antenna probe atop the stabilizer, the Boeing 707-321B

Chasensfo

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:10 am

You guys keep saying "hippies" as if hippies are the type of angry violent people to jump over a counter and attack an airline employee. The proper term here is "trash".

Aptivaboy

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:47 am

The proper term here is "trash".

I could add in C.H.U.D., slestak, dirtbag, sleazeball, sh*tbird, plus a few others.

Sokes

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:56 am

The woman barks, the man bites.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

CobaltScar

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:45 pm

slvrblt wrote:
Oh, you all have NO IDEA. This nonsense is a DAILY occurrence in MIA, but it's other places too.

This is why you avoid certain routes like the plague! You do pleasant places in the midwest and rocky mnts, NOT Miami, the DR or other high crime cities and counties.

bennett123

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:55 pm

What is the DR?.

jumpseat67

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:14 pm

bennett123 wrote:
What is the DR?.

The Dominican Republic

Miamiairport

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:16 pm

DR=Dominic Republic. MIA is it's own animal. About a year ago I was flying MIA/MSY for work and there was a man standing around the boarding area that look very down and out. My heart when out to him and I thought this poor soul must be homeless and maybe he was able to scrap together enough money to go be with family or his family sent him the fare. Sure enough he boards and plops down into F. I thought only at MIA.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos