Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

usdcaguy
Topic Author

WN Captain Gives Shirt to Woman denied boarding.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:09 pm

Interesting story. Why do people think it’s appropriate to force others to look at their most intimate parts?

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEN ... id=US%3Aen

EWRCabincrew

Re: WN Captain Gives Shirt to Lewd Woman

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:16 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Interesting story. Why do people think it’s appropriate to force others to look at their most intimate parts?

How do you know the woman was lewd? Lewd was the adjective describing her attire, not the woman.....two different things. Breasts are far from the most intimate parts. I thought she looked fine. I’ve seen far worse.
You can't cure stupid

flipdewaf

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:33 pm

I guess if she was clamping their eyes open and forcing peoples heads to her chest then maybe but I didn’t read that in the article. Maybe if people don’t like the way somebody dresses then they don’t have to look...

If I don’t like the look of fat people then should they be removed or should I just not look?

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usdcaguy
Topic Author

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 pm

EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

How do you know the woman was lewd? Lewd was the adjective describing her attire, not the woman.....two different things. Breasts are far from the most intimate parts. I thought she looked fine. I’ve seen far worse.

It looked like she was dressed for a sex club and not a flight with people on it that might not want to see that. She was lewd because she chose to wear something lewd. This is all about context in this case, and she totally missed the mark.

sgbroimp

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Sounds like there were a number of other boobs in this story.

flyer1225

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:40 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

It looked like she was dressed for a sex club and not a flight with people on it that might not want to see that. She was lewd because she chose to wear something lewd. This is all about context in this case, and she totally missed the mark.

This sounds more like a personal problem that you have with what other people are wearing. Like the people that've responded above, I'm not sure what your issue is.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN

sassiciai

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:43 pm

EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

100% agreed. The OP should amend the title to be something even remotely objective. He might also want to amend his post to something less revealing about himself!

I hope this thread gets deleted (like my post probably will) :white:

DL747400

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Very well handled by that captain, but clearly, this woman was trying to get attention and used the opportunity to post to social media in an attempt to gain media attention. Southwest was right in initially denying her boarding. It is unfortunate that they ended up apologizing and refunding her ticket. Sad time in which we live.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

AntonioMartin

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:44 pm

I was about to say "if it was a man showing his private everyone would be condemning it" but then I saw the photos....she was not naked and her dress would be ok in any place.....

readytotaxi

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:45 pm

I think that she fell short of the mark for public transportation, in my opinion. More suited to poolside or beach time fun, I do like a sensible dress code, heck, nudists have the best dress code of all. :lol:
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

kameleonten

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:46 pm

DL747400 wrote:
Very well handled by that captain, but clearly, this woman was trying to get attention and used the opportunity to post to social media in an attempt to gain media attention. Southwest was right in initially denying her boarding. It is unfortunate that they ended up apologizing and refunding her ticket. Sad time in which we live.

Much agreed. It's disgraceful to see how many people are flying nowadays...lewdness is just one of the issues. How one longs for the days when travel was an event to dress up for (as it still is for some, including myself despite - or because - being a frequent flyer).

737max8

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Just like any business, and per the CoC, the airline can deny anyone service that they find to be dressed inappropriately.

Good guy captain for providing her a shirt and getting her to her final destination.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388

ssteve

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm

With her sartorial choices, she is next in line to be the White House press secretary.

hooverman

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Everybody is offended so quickly nowadays.
If she had small boobs nobody would notice.

n92r03

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:08 pm

DL747400 wrote:

Bingo.

jetmatt777

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Talk about overreacting. If her selfie picture is accurate, I don't see a problem.

September11

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Looks like she was dating someone at destination airport
Airliners.net of the Future

ethernal

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:23 pm

n92r03 wrote:
DL747400 wrote:

Bingo.

If this hypothesis is indeed the case, wouldn't the best course of action (by all parties, including the Southwest gate agent) be to ignore it? We wouldn't be hearing about this had she not been refused boarding.

Some of the people in this thread are unbelievably uptight. I personally wouldn't want so much of my skin exposed to dirty airline seats, but if you think this is lewd you need to go to a beach or pool sometime - and maybe stop worrying about what other people are wearing so much. It isn't like you're being harmed by it.

ZazuPIT

Re: WN Captain Gives Shirt to Woman denied boarding.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:24 pm

First, the NY Post is not exactly known for in-depth, objective journalism. Personally, I do not see anything wrong with how she is dressed. I have seen far worse, particularly way too revealing dresses and shorts. It's obviously a judgement call, but it would not have bothered me. I realize there are more puritan views of the world than mine, it just seems petty to me.

LotsaRunway

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Kudos to the pilot! Nice to see someone caring for another.

Insertnamehere

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:27 pm

Eh. Its certainly not something you'd wear to church but not that big of a deal. Living in a large city I have seen men and women wear much less so its far from abnormal to see someone like that. While it certainly would be surprising, I will say she certainly dressed better than most people I see getting off a spirit flight.

WorldFlier

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:32 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

What is a sex club?

There was nothing illegal about her dress in AMERICA, and its absolutely terrible that we have the morality police in this country trying to run things...and then there's your comment.

pjc747

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:37 pm

What is wrong with an airline that enforces a dress code of what it considers to be decent? If they required a suit for first-class suits in A380s like EK and SQ have, would you object if they kicked out a rich kid with a Supreme t-shirt? Probably not.

They have a policy, they enforce it. The Captain handled it professionally. If she doesn't like the policy she agreed to abide by in the contractual act of purchasing a ticket on their airline, then she should choose a different carrier next time

airportugal310

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:49 pm

kameleonten wrote:
DL747400 wrote:

Much agreed. It's disgraceful to see how many people are flying nowadays...lewdness is just one of the issues. How one longs for the days when travel was an event to dress up for (as it still is for some, including myself despite - or because - being a frequent flyer).

OK, Boomer...
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

Rajahdhani

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:00 pm

EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

Lewd was the adjective describing her attire, not the woman.....two different things. Breasts are far from the most intimate parts. I thought she looked fine. I’ve seen far worse.

COMMENT OF THE YEAR! Thank you for the last two statements, because they help qualify the first so well. Kudos on the accompaniment.

Rajahdhani

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:11 pm

DL747400 wrote:
[Very well handled by that captain:
- but clearly, this woman was trying to get attention and used the opportunity to post to social media in an attempt to gain media attention.
- Southwest was right in initially denying her boarding. It is unfortunate that they ended up apologizing and refunding her ticket. Sad time in which we live.

I'll echo the statement in bold. Though, why was it up to the PILOT to resolve the issue? The professional has a plane, flight plan, airport, other passengers, other flights, and all over that, safety - to consider.

If WN has a problem with this lady (and I do not agree, but are willing to humor the point via credit - that she may have been doing it for the attention). Is this the first that they have dealt with the issue? Is WN not capable of using the billions of dollars, and thousands of other employees - to correct the issue, so that the pilot would be able to better focus on their job? Moreover, no one, but that pilot - could think to offer her a shirt, or help resolve the issue? At this point, we should not just be thanking the pilot, but offering him the salaries of all of the other staff that failed said pilot. Backing to the point - how did the pilot deal with it? So, at the point, I am to assume that WN is above asking it's employees to clad passengers - and has a stock of jerseys (or at least a better though out plan) to deal with this in future? Or, are we relying on a captain, to 'handle it well' again? I would prefer mine in the cockpit, not the cock pit. I would rather him deal focus on restricted slots, than restricting proposed 'sl*ts".

...and let's not consider that this woman, is a human - who via her 'purchase' with WN, was promised above all that "the mission of Southwest Airlines is dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with a sense of warmth, friendliness, individual pride, and Company Spirit.". If the pilot was the only one that was able to do this, it demonstrates that they were the only one doing his job. Maybe they are the only professional in the industry - that has thousands willing to replace him. Everyone else that refused to use their intelligence, and do their job - sure played as if their job was guaranteed, or as if they were right - when the pilot had to prove it. Great way to start a flight. Once more, Kudos to the pilot.
Last edited by Rajahdhani on Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

maverick4002

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:15 pm

usdcaguy wrote:

Seriously? Its just a piece of a boob. I think its quite a reach to say FORCE people to look at intimate parts imo.

maverick4002

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:17 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
EWRCabincrew wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

JFC, a sex club? Yall are crazy. Instead of a man taking control and just not looking away? You are sounding like some of those religious folks who want their women all covered up because these evil women are tempting these weak ass men with their skin. Get a grip! If some simple side boob like this gets anyone uncomfortable, they need to look at themselves.

Rajahdhani

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:22 pm

WorldFlier wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:
EWRCabincrew wrote:

What is a sex club?

There was nothing illegal about her dress in AMERICA, and its absolutely terrible that we have the morality police in this country trying to run things...and then there's your comment.

Maybe if she had her male guardian with her, the Basijis wouldn't have stopper her prior to boarding. I mean, the 'lewd' comments, are more fitting of a mindset stuck in Medina, not deserving of anything else.

I wonder if this woman, did not look and defend herself - in this manner, if it would have been resolved the same way? I wonder if the company takes the same approach, always? Or...

Going back to the article;
https://nypost.com/2020/10/09/southwest-stops-woman-from-boarding-flight-wearing-low-cut-top/ "The rep added in an email: “Regarding our policies, each situation is very different, and our employees are responsible for following our Contract of Carriage, available on our website.”

I don't have to be an Islamic scholar to see the liability here.
Based on the climate, I can't see why WN would continue to expose themselves to it: ask UA for a history lesson.
I am not sure which type of consumer this will upset, or more - but the upset alone is bad news, for WN.
Keep it up, and they'll be selling 737s to afford the settlement payments.
It's a business, not a church.
It's a boarding agent, a customer service representative - not a paid Nun, or a schoolmaster.
This is America - not Saudi Arabia; move if your sensibilities suit you!

OzarkD9S

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 pm

1. The blue mask looks better as an outfit with the T-shirt.
2. I've seen FAR more skin at the grocery store and wasn't traumatized by it.
3. Once she's seated, exactly how many people are going to be exposed to her (ample) cleavage?

Much Ado About Nothing. (well, the ample cleavage)
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

lightsaber

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Locking Topic as this is not aviation related anymore.
6 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos