Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
trueblew
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:19 pm

Poorpilot wrote:
Part of the proving runs. A diversion is part of this process.


Some of the ignorant replies on that Twitter thread were amusing. Yes, the FAA inspectors on board during proving runs routinely create a scenario that requires an en route diversion. Nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm

catiii wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
cpl22586 wrote:
Saw the announcement today definitely an interesting choice for sure


any hints? When will it be released publicly?


I'm sure the airplane will be out doing proving flights soon. It'll be out there for the public to see.


Rob Dewar :confused: . I know who he is but why? So much more creative names out there. When did Jetblue depart from naming their airplanes with blue-inspired names?
 
mjgbtv
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:18 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:50 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
catiii wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

any hints? When will it be released publicly?


I'm sure the airplane will be out doing proving flights soon. It'll be out there for the public to see.


Rob Dewar :confused: . I know who he is but why? So much more creative names out there. When did Jetblue depart from naming their airplanes with blue-inspired names?


They named an E-190 Usto Schulz.
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2600
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:13 pm

mjgbtv wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
catiii wrote:

I'm sure the airplane will be out doing proving flights soon. It'll be out there for the public to see.


Rob Dewar :confused: . I know who he is but why? So much more creative names out there. When did Jetblue depart from naming their airplanes with blue-inspired names?


They named an E-190 Usto Schulz.


There is also A321Neo named after David Neelman. I get those two. Both responsible for the launch of Jetblue. Rob Dewar though I don't get.
 
ExMilitaryEng
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Any airlines that bought the CSeries/A220 would also agree with that choice.

Not only for his competence in managing this complex program (for a small cash strapped OEM), but also for his extremely professional / devoted interactions with the clients.
 
catiii
Posts: 3885
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:24 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
mjgbtv wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

Rob Dewar :confused: . I know who he is but why? So much more creative names out there. When did Jetblue depart from naming their airplanes with blue-inspired names?


They named an E-190 Usto Schulz.


There is also A321Neo named after David Neelman. I get those two. Both responsible for the launch of Jetblue. Rob Dewar though I don't get.


No Rob, no airplane.
 
catiii
Posts: 3885
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 pm

ExMilitaryEng wrote:
Any airlines that bought the CSeries/A220 would also agree with that choice.

Not only for his competence in managing this complex program (for a small cash strapped OEM), but also for his extremely professional / devoted interactions with the clients.


Well said.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2274
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:17 am

There are now 4 aircraft named after people that were very integral to the visions, growth, operation and success of JetBlue:

Usto Schulz - (originally N533JB) N316JB
https://aviationweek.com/jetblues-usto- ... b-his-name

Luiz F. Kahl - N190JB
https://mobile.twitter.com/bufairport/s ... 13?lang=en

David Neeleman - N2002J
https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/08/10/jet ... r-founder/

Rob Dewar - N3008J
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/le-pre ... rob-dewar/
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
Leftseatpusher
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:25 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:20 pm

B6JFKH81 wrote:
There are now 4 aircraft named after people that were very integral to the visions, growth, operation and success of JetBlue:

Usto Schulz - (originally N533JB) N316JB
https://aviationweek.com/jetblues-usto- ... b-his-name

Luiz F. Kahl - N190JB
https://mobile.twitter.com/bufairport/s ... 13?lang=en

David Neeleman - N2002J
https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/08/10/jet ... r-founder/

Rob Dewar - N3008J
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/le-pre ... rob-dewar/


You've forgotten Ann Rhoades - N949JT.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3850
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:44 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
mjgbtv wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

Rob Dewar :confused: . I know who he is but why? So much more creative names out there. When did Jetblue depart from naming their airplanes with blue-inspired names?


They named an E-190 Usto Schulz.


There is also A321Neo named after David Neelman. I get those two. Both responsible for the launch of Jetblue. Rob Dewar though I don't get.


Rob Dewar is seen as the father of the entire CSeries/A220 program.

Separately, I do wonder why all the flights to different stations on ship 3008 (likely for station training) are mostly from JFK (some MCO) as opposed to BOS.
 
catiii
Posts: 3885
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
mjgbtv wrote:

They named an E-190 Usto Schulz.


There is also A321Neo named after David Neelman. I get those two. Both responsible for the launch of Jetblue. Rob Dewar though I don't get.


Rob Dewar is seen as the father of the entire CSeries/A220 program.

Separately, I do wonder why all the flights to different stations on ship 3008 (likely for station training) are mostly from JFK (some MCO) as opposed to BOS.


The proving flights are all out of JFK and MCO for tech reasons. The in-service schedule will touch Boston.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2274
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:53 pm

Leftseatpusher wrote:
B6JFKH81 wrote:
There are now 4 aircraft named after people that were very integral to the visions, growth, operation and success of JetBlue:

Usto Schulz - (originally N533JB) N316JB
https://aviationweek.com/jetblues-usto- ... b-his-name

Luiz F. Kahl - N190JB
https://mobile.twitter.com/bufairport/s ... 13?lang=en

David Neeleman - N2002J
https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/08/10/jet ... r-founder/

Rob Dewar - N3008J
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/le-pre ... rob-dewar/


You've forgotten Ann Rhoades - N949JT.


You are right, I forgot Ann!! *Face Palm* Sorry Ann!
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
11C
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Jetblue's first A220 rolls out/entry into service

Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:13 pm

B6JFKH81 wrote:
Leftseatpusher wrote:
B6JFKH81 wrote:
There are now 4 aircraft named after people that were very integral to the visions, growth, operation and success of JetBlue:

Usto Schulz - (originally N533JB) N316JB
https://aviationweek.com/jetblues-usto- ... b-his-name

Luiz F. Kahl - N190JB
https://mobile.twitter.com/bufairport/s ... 13?lang=en

David Neeleman - N2002J
https://airlinegeeks.com/2019/08/10/jet ... r-founder/

Rob Dewar - N3008J
https://www.lesailesduquebec.com/le-pre ... rob-dewar/


You've forgotten Ann Rhoades - N949JT.


You are right, I forgot Ann!! *Face Palm* Sorry Ann!


I agree with all of the “people-named” tails. After some of the classics “Bada bing, bada blue”, “Devil with a blue dress”, etc, naming the aircraft after these visionary leaders is much more meaningful than a blue hued catch phrase.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos