Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cointrin330
Topic Author

OS Long Haul & Fleet Renovation

Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:48 pm

The majority of the world's airlines are hanging on by a thread, and the industry, globally, faces an existential threat as winter looms and COVID19 surges in many places around the world. The topic of OS's long haul fleet renewal may be moot at this point, but wondering if a re-allocation within LH Group's order book might deliver new jets to replace the 767/777 fleet or if there are options in the used marketplace that are cheaper and perhaps better suited for OS. I was specifically thinking about AA's A330-200s, which are relatively young (2009-2014 builds) and the A332 would probably fulfill all of OS's long haul routes without any issues. Or, there are the DL 777s. Maybe too much plane for OS. Thoughts? Post COVID, Austria will very likely still have long haul connections and I still think OS will be around.

Blerg

Re: OS Long Haul & Fleet Renovation

Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:00 pm

You can read the thread OS to shrink 20% where you can follow some updates we keep on posting. I doubt OS is even thinking about fleet renewal at a time when it grounded all of its B777s and almost all A320 series aircraft. The other day they announced the suspension of another seven destinations this winter.

I think they are doing the worst among all of LH Group airlines.

Cointrin330
Topic Author

Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Blerg wrote:
You can read the thread OS to shrink 20% where you can follow some updates we keep on posting. I doubt OS is even thinking about fleet renewal at a time when it grounded all of its B777s and almost all A320 series aircraft. The other day they announced the suspension of another seven destinations this winter.

I think they are doing the worst among all of LH Group airlines.

Yes, thanks. OS has always been the poorest performer among the LH portfolio of airlines. I would expect a further deterioration of OS and LH's finances to result in OS ending up a very small airline or perhaps a subsidiary of one of the other airlines in the network and managed by them (e.g. LX).

hOMSaR

Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Please continue any discussion in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1447629

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos