Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

HNLSLCPDX
Topic Author

Complaints coming in about the new SLC terminal

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:26 pm

I’m hearing consistent complaints and unhappiness about the long walks from check-in to the gates, especially if you’re flying out of concourse B. There are also complaints about trying to make connections, sitting on the tarmac while waiting for a gate to open up, the ridiculous bus system if you’re leaving out on a United Express flight or Delta Connection flight from the far end of B concourse and having to take the bus to your flight.

I think SLC should’ve done more walk ways or built a train to connect the concourses underground as well.

Has anyone else had issues or been hearing about any problems?

snoopaloop

Re: Complaints coming in about the new SLC terminal

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Long terminals seem to be the new thing. Look at JFK T4 or the new Delta complex at LGA.

Yakflyer

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:50 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
I’m hearing consistent complaints and unhappiness about the long walks from check-in to the gates, especially if you’re flying out of concourse B. There are also complaints about trying to make connections, sitting on the tarmac while waiting for a gate to open up, the ridiculous bus system if you’re leaving out on a United Express flight or Delta Connection flight from the far end of B concourse and having to take the bus to your flight.

I think SLC should’ve done more walk ways or built a train to connect the concourses underground as well.

Has anyone else had issues or been hearing about any problems?

I haven't heard any complaints, but then I haven't been paying any attention either since I won't be flying until after I get vaccinated.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are teething problems as almost anything has when it is first introduced, however I would be surprised if there are any design problems. While some moving sidewalks are possibly not operational, I'm sure there will be moving sidewalks between the concourses. There are moving sidewalks along the length of the concourses. The bussing to regional flights is a temporary measure that will go away once the remainder of the A concourse is completed. After completion all aircraft will have gates with jetways connected to a concourse. When the whole terminal is finished there won't be delays waiting for gates. Most of what you are talking about is the price to be paid for building a new terminal in the same place as the old terminal. No doubt there will be inconveniences until it is totally completed and maybe some not yet encountered, but when it's done I think the justifiable complaining will go away.

maps4ltd

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:56 pm

I think a short tram would've been helpful for the A-B connection.

Also, isn't the bus gate (I think it's B21) a temporary thing until they finish the A concourse after they're done demolishing the old terminal? I know some Delta mainline is using B; that could easily move to A when it's finished.

enilria

Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:59 pm

Delta was fully supportive of this terminal project, even rushing it to completion during COVID. That tells me they found it to be very cost-effective which translates into limited amenities for typical passengers.

MD8090orDRIVE

Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:36 pm

I have only used the new terminal one time and am very underwhelmed by the facility, I actually miss the old one. I admire that SLC did not build a taj mahal and kept it to budget but was wishing for better.

Now my wife does not love it. She keeps getting a B gate and the bus to her barbie jet to OKC or TUL. I know the tunnel is temporary but she acts like she has to walk from Provo to her gate when she takes her flight. As soon as she sees B gate I can see the look on her face. It's a long walk towards the end of A gates, a long walk through the tunnel, and then she has to walk back to the far end of B gates. I am sure it is not as far as she makes it out to be but she sure is not happy.

The new terminal is not as nice as I was hoping for but I understand they had a budget and kept to it. I give it a C but had wished for quite a bit more. Still keeping to the budget was important and they managed to do that

B747forever

Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:44 pm

I fully understand the complaints about long walks. Earlier this week I flew LAX-SLC-HNL, and exited the secure area between the flights. We arrived at gate A5 and it was quite the walk to the exit. However the new terminal feels much roomier and brighter. All in all a nice terminal albeit with long walks.

Cubsrule

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:49 pm

enilria wrote:
Delta was fully supportive of this terminal project, even rushing it to completion during COVID. That tells me they found it to be very cost-effective which translates into limited amenities for typical passengers.

I think it’s as likely - maybe more likely - that DL rushed it because they knew that the interim period (before the permanent tunnel opens, which will eliminate the longest walks) would be painful and wanted to reduce the number of affected passengers.

jfklganyc

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:11 am

Walk is freaking ridiculous.

Facility was nice and modern

MIflyer12

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:19 am

Cubsrule wrote:
enilria wrote:

I think it’s as likely - maybe more likely - that DL rushed it because they knew that the interim period (before the permanent tunnel opens, which will eliminate the longest walks) would be painful and wanted to reduce the number of affected passengers.

Maybe. There might be some public airport authority docs that speak to cost savings instead. Call me a skeptic but I think the cost save argument is more compelling.

One really needs to separate the temporary things that are part of construction chaos, from design elements, from size for increased capacity, from people just hating any change and looking to squawk about it. SLC wasn't going to be as easy as IND (as an example) - it handles 3x the annual passengers. Size adds distance and complexity. SLC left the little leagues long ago.

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 am

It’s not fully finished yet, what do you expect? How’s it any different from say, DTW?

Cubsrule

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
enilria wrote:

Maybe. There might be some public airport authority docs that speak to cost savings instead. Call me a skeptic but I think the cost save argument is more compelling.

One really needs to separate the temporary things that are part of construction chaos, from design elements, from size for increased capacity, from people just hating any change and looking to squawk about it. SLC wasn't going to be as easy as IND (as an example) - it handles 3x the annual passengers. Size adds distance and complexity. SLC left the little leagues long ago.

Oh, it’s almost certain DL saved money. Keeping up 30 year old infrastructure is expensive and I imagine DL had some responsibility for its leased spaces. They’re probably saving some money on baggage handling labor too. It’s not like the PFC went up when they moved.

BTV290

Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:16 am

I will NEVER understand complaining about long walks in airports or bus boarding. There are plenty of situations you encounter in daily life which require more walking, yet people only melt down when it's an airport. Some airports in Europe have 20-30 minute walk times (depending on where you're coming from and where you're heading) and then remote boarding on top of it... No one complains except here.
That being said, all of the issues addressed here are going to be fixed at the conclusion of the whole project. The A-B tunnel, for those who don't know, is temporary. The actual one, which is very reminiscent of the DTW tunnel, will be completed in 1.5-2 more years, and will connect the two buildings directly at the centre point, eliminating the need to walk halfway down the A hallway, and then back down to the requisite B gate. Bus boarding will be eliminated at the completion of the expansion.
The cost savings to DL and SLC were so significant that opening with these temporary measures in place was still very much worth it.
It's a nice, spacious, efficient airport, if not a bit uninspired (or a clone of DTW?)... And my feeling is people need to get over it. If the distances are a legitimate issue for anyone, there is a wheelchair service available.

RDUDDJI

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:00 am

enilria wrote:

Lots of airline/airport projects have been accelerated during Covid. I’m sure it is far more cost effective to work around airports with 60% less pax/flights. Doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with amenities.

Sypho839

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:17 am

I think they have made SLC feel smaller than it really is. The terminals aren't long compared to say, DEN. I'd much rather connect in SLC than DEN despite the underground train. The walk isn't long and they do have moving walkways. I do agree that those on CRJs are forced to take an unusual route which should be way easier in the near future. There really isn't that many gates at the moment with the amount of capacity they currently handle but I can imagine it being harder when it's fully complete. Walking through all of the C and D gates at Dulles is a hike...

777Mech

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:21 am

There is nothing more American than complaining about how long of a walk between 2 places is, in an air conditioned building no less.

Even more so are the posters blaming DL for making them walk.

The privilege is shining bright.

MichaelR

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:03 am

I haven't flown through the new airport myself, but since I'm a local I've been following the new airport very closely. I have heard many people complain about the long walks. However, as someone pointed out earlier, you are assisted by moving walkways and air conditioning. The most walking you will be required to do inside security is about a mile. So these people clearly haven't walked four miles out to a spot, taken pictures of one plane, and then walked four miles back in 104-degree heat like I have--on several occasions. I've heard some people say there aren't plans to put a train in between the concourses, and I've heard some people say there are plans for this. So I'm not sure.

There shouldn't be a need for any bus rides to flights after a couple years. The project is still in progress so you'll have to deal with some temporary solutions. But concourse B will be expanded and the building should reach all the gates by the end.

The problems with bottlenecks stem from the fact that flights have to taxi out and around to reach the majority of the gates from 34R/35 or vise versa. This is caused by the fact that the old facilities are being demolished and are in the way. These should be eliminated when phase two opens.

umichman

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:19 am

Cubsrule wrote:
enilria wrote:

While I'm sure DL had some input, they aren't in charge of the project at SLC. It's not the same situation as when McNamara terminal was built at DTW and NW was in charge of construction (likely due to corruption issues with the airport authority at the time).

usflyer msp

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:30 am

BTV290 wrote:
I will NEVER understand complaining about long walks in airports or bus boarding. There are plenty of situations you encounter in daily life which require more walking, yet people only melt down when it's an airport. Some airports in Europe have 20-30 minute walk times (depending on where you're coming from and where you're heading) and then remote boarding on top of it... No one complains except here.
That being said, all of the issues addressed here are going to be fixed at the conclusion of the whole project. The A-B tunnel, for those who don't know, is temporary. The actual one, which is very reminiscent of the DTW tunnel, will be completed in 1.5-2 more years, and will connect the two buildings directly at the centre point, eliminating the need to walk halfway down the A hallway, and then back down to the requisite B gate. Bus boarding will be eliminated at the completion of the expansion.
The cost savings to DL and SLC were so significant that opening with these temporary measures in place was still very much worth it.
It's a nice, spacious, efficient airport, if not a bit uninspired (or a clone of DTW?)... And my feeling is people need to get over it. If the distances are a legitimate issue for anyone, there is a wheelchair service available.

Travellers don't know what they want. They want nonstop flights to everywhere they want to go from an airport small enough to allow them to arrive 45 minutes prior to the flight and not have to walk more than 20 feet or take a tram. They airport they want cannot exist.

DLASFlyer

Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:52 am

It's going to be a rough few years between the travel recovery and the opening of A-East/B-East. Then three things will change:
-Delta will no longer have gates in A and B.
-Bus gates will no longer be needed.
-A central tunnel will shorten the walk for non-Delta passengers. I'm hoping they keep the current tunnel open for added connectivity.

Remember SLC is saving $300,000,000.00 by doing it this way.

SumChristianus

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:06 am

usflyer msp wrote:
Travellers don't know what they want. They want nonstop flights to everywhere they want to go from an airport small enough to allow them to arrive 45 minutes prior to the flight and not have to walk more than 20 feet or take a tram. They airport they want cannot exist.

I think you've just defined teleportation :lol:

Antarius

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:09 am

enilria wrote:

I don't think those are mutually exclusive. Build a train and people bitch, make a walk and people bitch. Keep a small terminal and people bitch.

It sounds more like change complaints than anything.

Antarius

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:13 am

usflyer msp wrote:
BTV290 wrote:

Bingo. Many world class transit hubs have long walks or trains or both. SIN, HKG, DOH, MUC, ICN all fit this bill.

If you want a tiny airport with 5 gates and no wait, then expect to connect (and walk or ride) at another airport.

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:40 am

For $300 millions savings I think people can have a longer or different walk temporarily. Still seems like a win to get so much more done faster and cheaper.

Chuska

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 am

We could go back to the 1970's or 1980's where one plane made multiple stops so we could cut down on the number of gates and shorten the walks. I kind of liked those flights that went SLC-CPR-RAP-PIR, SLC-GTF-YYC, SLC-ABQ-ELP, SLC-RNO-FAT, .... and flying on 727-200's instead of CRJ's.

Lootess

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:59 am

Not all that different from JFK T4, DTW McNamara, or even MSP.

Have you been to the new Delta LGA Concourse D extension? If you get a ride to the airport you have to drop-off at C, walk to D to check-in, and then make another gate bridge to gates 92+

This is all temporary until the new head house is done.

oosnowrat

Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:05 am

The new SLC is fantastic. Bright. Open. Spacious. Much more pleasant than the old. There is some hiking involved, but making a B to the end of D or E connection in the old terminal took a few minutes, too.

StinkyPinky

Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:37 am

Had a layover in SLC and heard about the long walk. I tracked it on my fitness app and it was exactly 1 mile from the gate (in B concourse) to the middle curb for hotel shuttle. There aren't many moving walkways and the outbound direction were out of service.

travelsonic

Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:22 am

SumChristianus wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Travellers don't know what they want.:

Pardon the needless pedantry (*ON MY PART*, not accusing you of it), but I'm not sure it makes sense to lump "travelers" together, as they are groups ofp eople with different tolerances, frustrations, aims, desires/hates, etc - not some sort of mythical monolith. :roll:

Antarius

Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:25 am

travelsonic wrote:
SumChristianus wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
Travellers don't know what they want.:

Pardon the needless pedantry (*ON MY PART*, not accusing you of it), but I'm not sure it makes sense to lump "travelers" together, as they are groups ofp eople with different tolerances, frustrations, aims, desires/hates, etc - not some sort of mythical monolith. :roll:

That kind of makes the point though. Different groups of travelers want different things, which leaves the collective "travellers" with no cohesive direction.

The result elicits complaints, regardless of direction as some subset of aforementioned "travellers" are displeased.

ScottB

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:46 am

usflyer msp wrote:

That's not really true and the complaints in the case of the SLC rebuild are pretty reasonable. The new terminal will have fewer gates than the old one, although the E gates generally weren't suitable for anything larger than a CRJ. The longest walk for an O&D passenger in the old terminal might have been about 2000 feet; that's closer to 4000 feet in the new terminal. And there isn't an option for a tram even if you want it -- just moving sidewalks which apparently aren't all in service. And having to take a bus to your plane after hiking for over half a mile is a slap in the face.

That's not to say that the new terminal wasn't needed -- the old one wasn't designed to current seismic standards and aging buildings need more maintenance. But the new terminal has its drawbacks and with fewer gates it doesn't really enable "nonstop flights to everywhere they want to go."

BTV290 wrote:
Some airports in Europe have 20-30 minute walk times (depending on where you're coming from and where you're heading) and then remote boarding on top of it...

And those airports SUCK. Bus gates add 10-30 minutes to boarding or alighting and they exist because the airlines and airport operators are CHEAP. What's almost as bad is the 10-minute walk-through duty-free gauntlet which seems universal in Europe as well.

Aaron747

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:37 am

It's a conspiracy to get the average traveler to shed some pounds.

aviatorcraig

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:25 am

ScottB wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

That's not really true and the complaints in the case of the SLC rebuild are pretty reasonable. The new terminal will have fewer gates than the old one, although the E gates generally weren't suitable for anything larger than a CRJ. The longest walk for an O&D passenger in the old terminal might have been about 2000 feet; that's closer to 4000 feet in the new terminal. And there isn't an option for a tram even if you want it -- just moving sidewalks which apparently aren't all in service. And having to take a bus to your plane after hiking for over half a mile is a slap in the face.

That's not to say that the new terminal wasn't needed -- the old one wasn't designed to current seismic standards and aging buildings need more maintenance. But the new terminal has its drawbacks and with fewer gates it doesn't really enable "nonstop flights to everywhere they want to go."

BTV290 wrote:
Some airports in Europe have 20-30 minute walk times (depending on where you're coming from and where you're heading) and then remote boarding on top of it...

And those airports SUCK. Bus gates add 10-30 minutes to boarding or alighting and they exist because the airlines and airport operators are CHEAP. What's almost as bad is the 10-minute walk-through duty-free gauntlet which seems universal in Europe as well.

All part of the economies of mass transit. If you don't like it I'm sure your local FBO can whisk you in 5 mins in some comfort to your waiting Gulfsteam 6

spinotter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:29 am

jfklganyc wrote:

And were there really no moving sidewalks along your long walk, or at least will they exist eventually?

MartijnNL

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:23 am

StinkyPinky wrote:
Had a layover in SLC and heard about the long walk. I tracked it on my fitness app and it was exactly 1 mile from the gate (in B concourse) to the middle curb for hotel shuttle. There aren't many moving walkways and the outbound direction were out of service.

1 mile / 1.6 km

That looks like a long walk for an airport. I don't think my home airport, Amsterdam Schiphol, has a walk that far. Going from the furthest gate to the railway station is for sure less than 1 mile.

myki

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:42 am

Unless there is actual data on the complaints, "lots", "many", "endless", "non-stop" can be billions, and it could also only be 2.
Who knows how many there are in this case.

DL717

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:02 am

Been through it three times and love the new terminal. I don’t see the issue. Walking is good after sitting on a plane for a bit. First world problems.

kalvado

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:47 am

Aaron747 wrote:
It's a conspiracy to get the average traveler to shed some pounds.

As in loosing a carryon somewhere along the way?

Cubsrule

Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:09 pm

ScottB wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

But the bus gates and the longest walks are functions of the current interim phase. The last phase - with ticketing in the new headhouse and old Concourses A and B still operating - also featured ridiculously long walks for some passengers.

jfklganyc

Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:30 pm

spinotter wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

And were there really no moving sidewalks along your long walk, or at least will they exist eventually?

They still have the old gates open, a hybrid situation.

So you have to walk from the old gates through a series of walkways and hallways into the new terminal and then walk further.

slowrambler

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:07 pm

A hub doesn't necessarily require long distance walks. PHX (a comparably-sized hub operation to SLC) is very unlikely to give you a connection longer than 3000 feet (and there are a lot of moving sidewalks). Heck, with SkyTrain, at DFW the connections are likely less than 1500 feet of walking.

If nothing else the extra distance will have an impact on connection reliability. I love going through PHX because I *know* that in ten minutes I can make any possible connection. SLC doesn't seem like it can offer the same guarantee now, and the full-scale terminal isn't going to be better.

DLASFlyer

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
spinotter wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

They still have the old gates open, a hybrid situation.

So you have to walk from the old gates through a series of walkways and hallways into the new terminal and then walk further.

Nope. All old gates are closed and being demolished to make way for new gates.

Alias1024

Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:23 pm

I think the new SLC is nice and will be even better once all concessions are open and the full facility is complete. Some of the walks are long, but that will improve. That said, 48 posts and nobody has mentioned the first thing that came to my mind for faults of the new SLC. The faucets and soap dispensers are too close in the restrooms.

Yes it’s a minor thing. But the sink basins are relatively small and the arrangement is the automatic faucet at the 12 o’clock position and automatic soap dispenser at the 10:30 position. When trying to rinse your hands after using the soap it’s easy to inadvertently trigger the soap dispenser again because it’s so close to the faucet. Lather, rinse, repeat....

Other facilities with automatic faucets and soap dispensers often arrange them at 10:30 and 1:30 to avoid this.

MD8090orDRIVE

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:10 pm

My complaint is no more Mcdonald's. An egg McMuffin was a good inexpensive bit of food before a flight out east. I know more and more people like higher-end food at airports but I just want something simple before my flight.

Cactusjuba

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:18 pm

The central tunnel that is currently being excavated will intentionally have space cut-out to allow for a train. However, there aren’t plans/funding for a train. The long term mater-plan considers a 3rd concourse, Concourse C, which in that scenario they’d definitely need a train. The current tunnel that is being used will not stay open when the central tunnel opens..a little bit surprising.

The walk is indeed long right now, but the plan in 2024 is that Delta will take all of A concourse. So local passengers are a 10 minute walk from the furthest gates at A1 to baggage claim. And most connecting passengers should be mostly looking at a walk intra-concourse similar to Detroit or Denver, though not as far end to end.
Last edited by Cactusjuba on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cactusjuba

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:20 pm

MD8090orDRIVE wrote:
My complaint is no more Mcdonald's. An egg McMuffin was a good inexpensive bit of food before a flight out east. I know more and more people like higher-end food at airports but I just want something simple before my flight.

I’ve heard that there’s plans for a McD in east A concourse when it opens. But I can’t confirm, since they haven’t closed the RFP for retail/dining yet.

HNLSLCPDX
Topic Author

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Wish there were more casual dinning options. There are hardly any in the two concourses.

NOLAWildcat

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:32 pm

I really liked the new SLC when I connected through there on the way to IDA earlier this month. It is a long walk from the main terminal out to the end of B, but I didn’t find it too bad so long as you utilize the moving walkways. I can understand locals being annoyed at the long walk from curbside to Southwest’s or Delta’s remote gates. But having made lots of connections over the years there, I didn’t find the walk any worse than the connections between the end of Old B and E or the end of D for example.

I spent a lot of time at the old SLC and was nostalgic to see it go, but the new one is an upgrade, particularly for Delta’s hub operations. And it will really come into its own once the full buildout is complete in 2024 and we see the full DIA/Hartsfield style parallel terminal setup.

KWB739

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:35 pm

From somebody who flies out of SLC frequently, and lives in Utah Valley, I understand why people don't want to walk from Concourse A to B. Good news for you! There two sets of moving walkways between Concourse A and B. Besides, since DL poured so much money into the airport redevelopment, so if you are flying on DL, you don't even have to walk that much to get to the DL mainline gates. You check in, go through security, and you're there. Frontier Airlines isn't going to have the most convenient gate locations, because they are fairly low priority. I flew UA on a CRJ2 into SLC in November, and worst-case scenario it is ~10-15 minutes to get from the B gates to the parking garage. The temporary C gates do take a while to get to, but other airports can be far worse. Eventually, the main tunnel between A and B will be open, and I get the skepticism around the odd placement of the connector tunnel, but long terminals are quite common now, like in DTW, LAS, and ATL.

The new airport is much more modern than the old, 35-year old concourses with an extremely odd layout and inefficient connections, not to even mention the crowds and low ceilings, and limited bathroom facilities. The new airport is far superior, and is much better suited to handle frequent passengers, and even has bathrooms every 150 feet. If people are complaining about walking times, look at other airports like JFK's T4 and DTW's McNamara terminal. It is beyond belief that a $400 billion, brand new airport is still regarded as "too big" by the average traveler. Eventually, the main connector tunnels will be open, and there will be no C or D hardstands, and if the airport opens up a third concourse, they said that they will put in a tram. Walking times simply aren't that bad, and I'm glad that my taxpayers' dollar didn't go to something that didn't even need to happen. I get that huge airports, like ORD and ATL need trams, but SLC currently doesn't need them. The new airport is an excellent design and I enjoy traveling through it.

KWB739

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:39 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
enilria wrote:

I agree. The new airport is very modern, and is now emerging as a country-class airport. I would rather walk for 5 minutes than have an increase in taxes to fund something that is unnecessary.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos