Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Boof02671
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:34 pm

eastwood6 wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

They have five 767-200s and five 767-300s, both consisting of some ER variants.

They currently have three 777-200ERs and they're set to take delivery of two ex-Japan Airlines 777-200s.



I don't believe they've released anything on configuration yet.


Also the two 763’s flying in the New England Patriots NFL colors will be re-painted and will join the fleet.


Source? RE: Patriots planes being repainted and assigned to Eastern.

Patriots plane are not being repainted. EA is the crew now.
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:39 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Blerg wrote:
What scheduled flights do they operate now?


MIA-GYE/UIO/GEO/ASU/CNF/SDQ

JFK-ANC/CNF/GUA/GYE/PAP/SDQ/GEO/UIO

BOS-PAP/SDQ/CNF

PHL-MEX/SDQ

LAX-GYE




What terminal at Boston Logan do they use?
Massport's page does not list them at all

http://massport.com/logan-airport/flights/airlines/
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:03 pm

Eastern Airlines' Miami to Quito flight is now on sale.

1x weekly starting March 31, 2021 with the 777-200ER.

MIA-UIO operates on Wednesday and UIO-MIA operates on Sunday

JFK-UIO operates on Sunday and UIO-JFK operates on Wednesday.

Basically a MIA-UIO-JFK and back routing.
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:08 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
What type of seating configuration do these 777s have? 2-5-2, 3-3-3, or 3-4-3?


Flights now are on sale - the seat map doesn't fit to any previous operator. Seating in "Economy" as well as in "Business/Globetrotter" is 3-4-3. :crowded:
I find it rather strange, that their Premium Cabin is 3-4-3 on the B777-200 opposed to the more comfortable 2-2-2 offering on some the B767. Other B767 will come with the tight 2-3-2 seating as well. I think their inconsistency in seating and cabin layout will their biggest weakness.
Btw. does anybody know what kind of service 2D will offer, like IFE and meals?!
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm

A bit off topic - sorry! In different forums EASTERN is reported to haven taken up B767-300ER N708KW MSN 28148. The aircraft flew before for now defunct carrier ORIENT THAI from 2011 to 2015, being in storage @ DMK for more than 5 years. Giving the poor maintenance records of the previous operator (grounded several times for safety and maintenance reasons) and the storage conditions @ DMK, is it worthy to reactivate the plane for operations again? Or will it end up at spare parts donor for the existing fleet? But, as said, giving the shaky records of OX, I doubt the parts are worth any penny.
 
asuflyer
Posts: 769
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Eastern is preemptively cancelling flights due it appears due to MX and low LF.

https://goeasternair.com/contact-us/

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS:
If your travel plans are impacted by any of these schedule changes, please contact Eastern Reservations at 855-216-7601

Guyana (GEO) —> New York (JFK) Dec. 30 Flight# 231
New York (JFK) —> Guyana (GEO) Dec. 31 Flight# 232
Miami (MIA) —> Guayaquil (GYE) Dec. 31 Flight# 141
Guayaquil (GYE) —> New York (JFK) Dec. 31 Flight# 323
Miami (MIA) —> Guayaquil (GYE) Jan. 1 Flight# 143
New York (JFK) —> Guayaquil (GYE) Jan. 1 Flight# 322
Guayaquil (GYE) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 1 Flight# 142
Miami (MIA) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 2 Flight# 686
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Boston (BOS) Jan. 2 Flight# 685
Guayaquil (GYE)—> Miami (MIA) Jan. 2 Flight# 144
Boston (BOS) —> Port-au-Prince (PAP) Jan. 3 Flight# 680
Port-au-Prince (PAP) —> Boston (BOS) Jan. 3 Flight# 681
Boston (BOS) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 4 Flight# 684
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 4 Flight# 687
Miami (MIA) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 5 Flight# 686
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 5 Flight# 687
Miami (MIA) —> Guayaquil (GYE) Jan. 6 Flight# 143
Guayaquil (GYE) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 7 Flight# 144
Miami (MIA) —> Guayaquil (GYE) Jan. 8 Flight# 143
Phila. (PHL) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 8 Flight# 672
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 8 Flight# 687
Guayaquil (GYE) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 9 Flight# 144
Miami (MIA) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 9 Flight# 686
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Boston (BOS) Jan. 9 Flight# 685
Boston (BOS) —> Port-au-Prince (PAP) Jan. 10 Flight# 680
Port-au-Prince (PAP) —> Boston (BOS) Jan. 10 Flight# 681
Boston (BOS) —> Santo Domingo (SDQ) Jan. 11 Flight# 684
Santo Domingo (SDQ) —> Miami (MIA) Jan. 11 Flight# 687
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5214
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:36 pm

Are they rebooking people on other carriers or just offering refunds?
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:54 pm

debonair wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
What type of seating configuration do these 777s have? 2-5-2, 3-3-3, or 3-4-3?


Flights now are on sale - the seat map doesn't fit to any previous operator. Seating in "Economy" as well as in "Business/Globetrotter" is 3-4-3. :crowded:
I find it rather strange, that their Premium Cabin is 3-4-3 on the B777-200 opposed to the more comfortable 2-2-2 offering on some the B767. Other B767 will come with the tight 2-3-2 seating as well. I think their inconsistency in seating and cabin layout will their biggest weakness.
Btw. does anybody know what kind of service 2D will offer, like IFE and meals?!


I've wondered about their product as well, as some of those flights are a long way to go without food and IFE.
 
LUKAS10
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:40 am

DeltaRules wrote:
debonair wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
What type of seating configuration do these 777s have? 2-5-2, 3-3-3, or 3-4-3?


Flights now are on sale - the seat map doesn't fit to any previous operator. Seating in "Economy" as well as in "Business/Globetrotter" is 3-4-3. :crowded:
I find it rather strange, that their Premium Cabin is 3-4-3 on the B777-200 opposed to the more comfortable 2-2-2 offering on some the B767. Other B767 will come with the tight 2-3-2 seating as well. I think their inconsistency in seating and cabin layout will their biggest weakness.
Btw. does anybody know what kind of service 2D will offer, like IFE and meals?!


I've wondered about their product as well, as some of those flights are a long way to go without food and IFE.



When it comes to their product, I checked their social media and they mentioned free meals/snacks/bavarage, free touchless onboard media, brand new leather seats (coming soon), in-seat power (coming soon) and large airplanes (bigger overhead bins, larger lavatories + more room).
However, I don't know what a 'touchless onboard media' means as I saw pictures of the cabin interior and couldn't see any IFE. According to all available trip reports, two or three, it may be quite challenging to survive a trip with Eastern. Delays, old aircrafts, poorly trained FAs, tragic food across both classes and some customer service issues.
Anyway, I wish them a good luck and hope they'll be around for a long time.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:44 am

Who is behind this new Eastern? Who are their owners?
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 4330
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:02 am

LUKAS10 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
debonair wrote:

Flights now are on sale - the seat map doesn't fit to any previous operator. Seating in "Economy" as well as in "Business/Globetrotter" is 3-4-3. :crowded:
I find it rather strange, that their Premium Cabin is 3-4-3 on the B777-200 opposed to the more comfortable 2-2-2 offering on some the B767. Other B767 will come with the tight 2-3-2 seating as well. I think their inconsistency in seating and cabin layout will their biggest weakness.
Btw. does anybody know what kind of service 2D will offer, like IFE and meals?!


I've wondered about their product as well, as some of those flights are a long way to go without food and IFE.



When it comes to their product, I checked their social media and they mentioned free meals/snacks/bavarage, free touchless onboard media, brand new leather seats (coming soon), in-seat power (coming soon) and large airplanes (bigger overhead bins, larger lavatories + more room).
However, I don't know what a 'touchless onboard media' means as I saw pictures of the cabin interior and couldn't see any IFE. According to all available trip reports, two or three, it may be quite challenging to survive a trip with Eastern. Delays, old aircrafts, poorly trained FAs, tragic food across both classes and some customer service issues.
Anyway, I wish them a good luck and hope they'll be around for a long time.


I think the touchless onboard media means streaming to your phone or tablet.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 12224
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Blerg wrote:
Who is behind this new Eastern? Who are their owners?

Eastern is the old Dynamic [International] Airways, rebranded. It is owned by Kenneth Woolley. Woolley also use to have co-ownership of the charter airline Swift Air. Swift purchased EA 2.0 (the 737 charter airline based in MIA that used the classic EA livery), and Woolley transferred EA’s IP to Dynamic and applied it to that airline since Swift didn’t want/need it preferring to use its own established name. Woolley later divested from Swift which has since rebranded to iAero Airways.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Polot wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Who is behind this new Eastern? Who are their owners?

Eastern is the old Dynamic [International] Airways, rebranded. It is owned by Kenneth Woolley. Woolley also use to have co-ownership of the charter airline Swift Air. Swift purchased EA 2.0 (the 737 charter airline based in MIA that used the classic EA livery), and Woolley transferred EA’s IP to Dynamic and applied it to that airline since Swift didn’t want/need it preferring to use its own established name. Woolley later divested from Swift which has since rebranded to iAero Airways.


Thank you and do you know where Woolley gets the funding for all this? Does he have another company that is supporting all this growth?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 12224
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Blerg wrote:
Polot wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Who is behind this new Eastern? Who are their owners?

Eastern is the old Dynamic [International] Airways, rebranded. It is owned by Kenneth Woolley. Woolley also use to have co-ownership of the charter airline Swift Air. Swift purchased EA 2.0 (the 737 charter airline based in MIA that used the classic EA livery), and Woolley transferred EA’s IP to Dynamic and applied it to that airline since Swift didn’t want/need it preferring to use its own established name. Woolley later divested from Swift which has since rebranded to iAero Airways.


Thank you and do you know where Woolley gets the funding for all this? Does he have another company that is supporting all this growth?

Woolley is the founder of a large self storage company (Extra Space Storage, it’s the 2nd largest self storage company in the US), and as I said in my previous post a co-owner of Swift Air for a number of years. At this point he has enough connections to find funding especially when you consider Eastern is being rather cheap.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:23 pm

Polot wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Polot wrote:
Eastern is the old Dynamic [International] Airways, rebranded. It is owned by Kenneth Woolley. Woolley also use to have co-ownership of the charter airline Swift Air. Swift purchased EA 2.0 (the 737 charter airline based in MIA that used the classic EA livery), and Woolley transferred EA’s IP to Dynamic and applied it to that airline since Swift didn’t want/need it preferring to use its own established name. Woolley later divested from Swift which has since rebranded to iAero Airways.


Thank you and do you know where Woolley gets the funding for all this? Does he have another company that is supporting all this growth?

Woolley is the founder of a large self storage company (Extra Space Storage, it’s the 2nd largest self storage company in the US), and as I said in my previous post a co-owner of Swift Air for a number of years. At this point he has enough connections to find funding especially when you consider Eastern is being rather cheap.


Great, thank you.
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:42 pm

debonair wrote:
A bit off topic - sorry! In different forums EASTERN is reported to haven taken up B767-300ER N708KW MSN 28148.


Any update on this frame? Still listed as delivering pending...
 
MO11
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:41 pm

debonair wrote:
debonair wrote:
A bit off topic - sorry! In different forums EASTERN is reported to haven taken up B767-300ER N708KW MSN 28148.


Any update on this frame? Still listed as delivering pending...



I'm not sure what "delivery" means, but the airplane was sold to Eastern on August 25.
 
danipawa
Posts: 571
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:33 pm

and its canceling several routes after this crazy expansion....

SDQ/PAP-BOS/JFK/PHL gone...just MIA
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:44 pm

danipawa wrote:
and its canceling several routes after this crazy expansion....

SDQ/PAP-BOS/JFK/PHL gone...just MIA


I’m not surprised smh. They are all over the place and not consistent with there scheduling and routes
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:15 pm

danipawa wrote:
and its canceling several routes after this crazy expansion....

SDQ/PAP-BOS/JFK/PHL gone...just MIA


There is only one BIG, BIG problem - flights are sold on their web (booking engine) as "Edward L. Logan International ... (BOS)" and just "BOSTON"!!! :banghead:

If you are searching for "B" - like "Boston" you will never find it! If you wanna fly to Boston, you have to search for "E" in "Edward" - which comes after Buenos Aires... And for sure, how many people do know that the airport in Boston is called Edward L. Logan? So no wonder the tickets are not selling, if this route is hidden like a treasure...
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:33 pm

JFK is not cancelled - flights still operate from there as well as MIA.

SDQ starts up again March 28.
BOS is on hold for now until May, that has not shut down.
They are in process of opening a larger maintenance facility in MIA.
Have applied to operate a larger fleet of 6 more A/C, not including the already added 2 777's
One of their A/C just came back from refurb, and another one has just been sent.

Sounds to me like they are gearing up for something.

Cedar
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:14 am

Does anyone know what aircraft came back from refurbishment? Also, would be great if we knew what kind of new cabin they put in place.
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:29 am

Blerg wrote:
Does anyone know what aircraft came back from refurbishment? Also, would be great if we knew what kind of new cabin they put in place.


I believe it was N700KW that just came back from getting some work done.
Prior to that, if I'm not mistaken it was N605KW

Cedar
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:50 am

New route announcement: Begins June 3rd.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... iami-route
SDQ also delayed until June
ASU now flying twice a week

Also launched a revamped/new website - https://iflyea.com/
Looks like they are moving to a new check-in system, owned by Sabre - although not Sabre.

Cedar
 
wjcandee
Posts: 10818
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:20 am

SunsetLimited wrote:
Also the two 763’s flying in the New England Patriots NFL colors will be re-painted and will join the fleet.


I'm sure if the Patriots are dumping their aircraft and selling them to Eastern, it will be a big deal and we will hear about it. If they do it, it's a sea change.

What is not a sea change is the idea that the Patriots would abandon the idea of a Part 125 operation involving 2 767-300s that they couldn't use for anything else. I said from the beginning that that Part 125 was going to be a challenge, and it was. What they can do, however, is hire a Part 121 CMI carrier to operate the aircraft. That way, they can charter them out for VIP charters, incentive charters, etc. The most-logical ones to do the CMI operations would have been ATI or Omni, because their owner, ATSG, was already doing the heavy maintenance on the Patriots aircraft, and they are safe, reliable, respected Part 121 carriers. But the Patriots chose Eastern instead, a while back now.

So the aircraft already have "joined the fleet". Because Eastern is operating them for the Patriots. Who own them.

I suspect the reason the Patriots chose Eastern over better-regarded CMI carriers is that those carriers are union, which means pilots get to bid the trips, etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if part of Eastern's deal was to keep the Part 125 pilots from the Patriots operation and/or at least give the Patriots the ability to choose/veto crews. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Maybe you're right, and the Patriots' experiment with owning and operating their own planes is kaput, and they will sell them to Eastern, who will strip out the interiors and put in high-density coach seating instead and repaint the planes and the poor things will have to operate for Eastern until it goes out of business. I guess we'll see. If so, it's sad.
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:35 am

wjcandee wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
Also the two 763’s flying in the New England Patriots NFL colors will be re-painted and will join the fleet.


I'm sure if the Patriots are dumping their aircraft and selling them to Eastern, it will be a big deal and we will hear about it. If they do it, it's a sea change.

What is not a sea change is the idea that the Patriots would abandon the idea of a Part 125 operation involving 2 767-300s that they couldn't use for anything else. I said from the beginning that that Part 125 was going to be a challenge, and it was. What they can do, however, is hire a Part 121 CMI carrier to operate the aircraft. That way, they can charter them out for VIP charters, incentive charters, etc. The most-logical ones to do the CMI operations would have been ATI or Omni, because their owner, ATSG, was already doing the heavy maintenance on the Patriots aircraft, and they are safe, respected Part 121 carriers. But the Patriots chose Eastern instead, a while back now.

So the aircraft already have "joined the fleet". Because Eastern is operating them for the Patriots. Who own them.

I suspect the reason the Patriots chose Eastern over better-regarded CMI carriers is that those carriers are union, which means pilots get to bid the trips, etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if part of Eastern's deal was to keep the Part 125 pilots from the Patriots operation and/or at least give the Patriots the ability to choose/veto crews. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Maybe you're right, and the Patriots' experiment with owning and operating their own planes is kaput, and they will sell them to Eastern, who will strip out the interiors and put in high-density coach seating instead and repaint the planes and the poor things will have to operate for Eastern until it goes out of business. I guess we'll see. If so, it's sad.


The Patriots planes joined the Eastern Fleet & Eastern operates them on their behalf - in addition, Eastern will reconfigure them and use them for other flights when not needed by the Patriots. However, the reconfiguration must meet certain standards set forth by the Patriots. As far as re-painting them, that will also happen.

The patriots operating & maintaining their own planes was not a cost effective idea - they did not realize the amount of work needed to operate airliners.
The Pilots? - well Eastern is hiring pilots anyway, so why not just keep them for those flights.

But just to be clear - the Patriots did not "dump" or "sell" their planes.

Cedar
 
wjcandee
Posts: 10818
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:42 am

Cedar wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
SunsetLimited wrote:
Also the two 763’s flying in the New England Patriots NFL colors will be re-painted and will join the fleet.


I'm sure if the Patriots are dumping their aircraft and selling them to Eastern, it will be a big deal and we will hear about it. If they do it, it's a sea change.

What is not a sea change is the idea that the Patriots would abandon the idea of a Part 125 operation involving 2 767-300s that they couldn't use for anything else. I said from the beginning that that Part 125 was going to be a challenge, and it was. What they can do, however, is hire a Part 121 CMI carrier to operate the aircraft. That way, they can charter them out for VIP charters, incentive charters, etc. The most-logical ones to do the CMI operations would have been ATI or Omni, because their owner, ATSG, was already doing the heavy maintenance on the Patriots aircraft, and they are safe, respected Part 121 carriers. But the Patriots chose Eastern instead, a while back now.

So the aircraft already have "joined the fleet". Because Eastern is operating them for the Patriots. Who own them.

I suspect the reason the Patriots chose Eastern over better-regarded CMI carriers is that those carriers are union, which means pilots get to bid the trips, etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if part of Eastern's deal was to keep the Part 125 pilots from the Patriots operation and/or at least give the Patriots the ability to choose/veto crews. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Maybe you're right, and the Patriots' experiment with owning and operating their own planes is kaput, and they will sell them to Eastern, who will strip out the interiors and put in high-density coach seating instead and repaint the planes and the poor things will have to operate for Eastern until it goes out of business. I guess we'll see. If so, it's sad.


The Patriots planes joined the Eastern Fleet & Eastern operates them on their behalf - in addition, Eastern will reconfigure them and use them for other flights when not needed by the Patriots. However, the reconfiguration must meet certain standards set forth by the Patriots. As far as re-painting them, that will also happen.

The patriots operating & maintaining their own planes was not a cost effective idea - they did not realize the amount of work needed to operate airliners.
The Pilots? - well Eastern is hiring pilots anyway, so why not just keep them for those flights.

But just to be clear - the Patriots did not "dump" or "sell" their planes.

Cedar


If the Patriots didn't sell them to Eastern, how are they part of the "Eastern Fleet"? If the Patriots own them and have hired Eastern to operate them on a CMI basis, then why repaint them? I don't understand the arrangement -- and I know something about a/c ownership/management arrangements. But at the end of the day, I guess I don't care.
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:46 am

wjcandee wrote:
Cedar wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

I'm sure if the Patriots are dumping their aircraft and selling them to Eastern, it will be a big deal and we will hear about it. If they do it, it's a sea change.

What is not a sea change is the idea that the Patriots would abandon the idea of a Part 125 operation involving 2 767-300s that they couldn't use for anything else. I said from the beginning that that Part 125 was going to be a challenge, and it was. What they can do, however, is hire a Part 121 CMI carrier to operate the aircraft. That way, they can charter them out for VIP charters, incentive charters, etc. The most-logical ones to do the CMI operations would have been ATI or Omni, because their owner, ATSG, was already doing the heavy maintenance on the Patriots aircraft, and they are safe, respected Part 121 carriers. But the Patriots chose Eastern instead, a while back now.

So the aircraft already have "joined the fleet". Because Eastern is operating them for the Patriots. Who own them.

I suspect the reason the Patriots chose Eastern over better-regarded CMI carriers is that those carriers are union, which means pilots get to bid the trips, etc., and I wouldn't be surprised if part of Eastern's deal was to keep the Part 125 pilots from the Patriots operation and/or at least give the Patriots the ability to choose/veto crews. Just a guess, but an educated one.

Maybe you're right, and the Patriots' experiment with owning and operating their own planes is kaput, and they will sell them to Eastern, who will strip out the interiors and put in high-density coach seating instead and repaint the planes and the poor things will have to operate for Eastern until it goes out of business. I guess we'll see. If so, it's sad.


The Patriots planes joined the Eastern Fleet & Eastern operates them on their behalf - in addition, Eastern will reconfigure them and use them for other flights when not needed by the Patriots. However, the reconfiguration must meet certain standards set forth by the Patriots. As far as re-painting them, that will also happen.

The patriots operating & maintaining their own planes was not a cost effective idea - they did not realize the amount of work needed to operate airliners.
The Pilots? - well Eastern is hiring pilots anyway, so why not just keep them for those flights.

But just to be clear - the Patriots did not "dump" or "sell" their planes.

Cedar


If the Patriots didn't sell them to Eastern, how are they part of the "Eastern Fleet"? If the Patriots own them and have hired Eastern to operate them on a CMI basis, then why repaint them? I don't understand the arrangement -- and I know something about a/c ownership/management arrangements. But at the end of the day, I guess I don't care.


I myself don't fully understand the agreement. It seems to me that the Patriots save money by not having to park the planes when not in use. So Eastern fixed that problem for them. But if Eastern wants to use them for other flights - why would they fly them in Patriot colors/logo? That would be odd.

Cedar
 
wjcandee
Posts: 10818
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 am

Cedar wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Cedar wrote:

The Patriots planes joined the Eastern Fleet & Eastern operates them on their behalf - in addition, Eastern will reconfigure them and use them for other flights when not needed by the Patriots. However, the reconfiguration must meet certain standards set forth by the Patriots. As far as re-painting them, that will also happen.

The patriots operating & maintaining their own planes was not a cost effective idea - they did not realize the amount of work needed to operate airliners.
The Pilots? - well Eastern is hiring pilots anyway, so why not just keep them for those flights.

But just to be clear - the Patriots did not "dump" or "sell" their planes.

Cedar


If the Patriots didn't sell them to Eastern, how are they part of the "Eastern Fleet"? If the Patriots own them and have hired Eastern to operate them on a CMI basis, then why repaint them? I don't understand the arrangement -- and I know something about a/c ownership/management arrangements. But at the end of the day, I guess I don't care.


I myself don't fully understand the agreement. It seems to me that the Patriots save money by not having to park the planes when not in use. So Eastern fixed that problem for them. But if Eastern wants to use them for other flights - why would they fly them in Patriot colors/logo? That would be odd.
Cedar


Thanks for the very-thoughtful and civil response. One thought would be to look up MLW Air. That's the usual arrangement. Or the former Sonair Houston Express when operated by World and then Atlas. Or, heck, the NBA aircraft. The NBA owns them (actually an affiliated trust funded by the NBA does). Delta operates them for the NBA under a CMI agreement. In the off season, the NBA authorizes them to be used on some sports charters to defer the cost of ownership. They're not Delta's to do what they please with. They are painted in DL colors because the NBA wants to keep it low-key, operational security, etc. If the Patriots want to use the aircraft for the purpose they want to use them, then they aren't going to let Eastern mess with them and put their usual gaggle of passengers on them. What they might do is try to defer some of the ownership cost by permitting brokers of incentive charters and VIP and Sports Charters charter the aircraft, as operated by Eastern, with approval of the Patriots of the users. Sonair almost never let Atlas use the spare Sonair VIP 747 for charters; only very-specific groups and even then there was a lot of whining. World got a little more cooperation with the MD11 that they leased to them.

As to why leave them in Patriots colors? They would be the single-most-marketable thing at Eastern. People would be ooohing and aaaahing to be able to ride on the Patriots plane. One brand is zero. The other brand is worth north of $1 billion. All I can think is that the Patriots don't want Eastern to affect their brand.
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 pm

Cedar wrote:
New route announcement: Begins June 3rd.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... iami-route
SDQ also delayed until June
ASU now flying twice a week

Also launched a revamped/new website - https://iflyea.com/
Looks like they are moving to a new check-in system, owned by Sabre - although not Sabre.

Cedar


I do like their new website. They still have to do a better job on their route updates on the site though
 
PANAMsterdam
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:45 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:37 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Cedar wrote:
New route announcement: Begins June 3rd.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... iami-route
SDQ also delayed until June
ASU now flying twice a week

Also launched a revamped/new website - https://iflyea.com/
Looks like they are moving to a new check-in system, owned by Sabre - although not Sabre.

Cedar


I do like their new website. They still have to do a better job on their route updates on the site though


I still hate their new logo. It looks so terribly amateuristic. The old one was iconic and timeless.
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Cedar wrote:
New route announcement: Begins June 3rd.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... iami-route
SDQ also delayed until June
ASU now flying twice a week

Also launched a revamped/new website - https://iflyea.com/
Looks like they are moving to a new check-in system, owned by Sabre - although not Sabre.

Cedar


I do like their new website. They still have to do a better job on their route updates on the site though


I agree on their route updates - even their social media platforms are contradicting. They also still have not launched their app. I attribute this to some growing pains. There has been some internal reshuffling of personnel and how they operate, as well as some other changes. I think after some time, they will get it together.

Cedar
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 711
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 pm

Cedar wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Cedar wrote:
New route announcement: Begins June 3rd.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... iami-route
SDQ also delayed until June
ASU now flying twice a week

Also launched a revamped/new website - https://iflyea.com/
Looks like they are moving to a new check-in system, owned by Sabre - although not Sabre.

Cedar


I do like their new website. They still have to do a better job on their route updates on the site though


I agree on their route updates - even their social media platforms are contradicting. They also still have not launched their app. I attribute this to some growing pains. There has been some internal reshuffling of personnel and how they operate, as well as some other changes. I think after some time, they will get it together.

Cedar


Yea for me it's just hard to get excited for them. As a Philadelphia resident I was excited for their new routes but obviously the routes won't happen (at least for now) among the other routes they announced and pulled back on. I do agree that about the growing pains and hopefully they pull through
 
miaami
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:27 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:10 pm

PANAMsterdam wrote:

I still hate their new logo. It looks so terribly amateuristic. The old one was iconic and timeless.


I agree. I wish they had kept the old Eastern Air lines logo and paint livery.
 
User avatar
deltacto
Posts: 489
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:12 pm

debonair wrote:
There is only one BIG, BIG problem - flights are sold on their web (booking engine) as "Edward L. Logan International ... (BOS)" and just "BOSTON"!!! :banghead:

If you are searching for "B" - like "Boston" you will never find it! If you wanna fly to Boston, you have to search for "E" in "Edward" - which comes after Buenos Aires... And for sure, how many people do know that the airport in Boston is called Edward L. Logan? So no wonder the tickets are not selling, if this route is hidden like a treasure...


Destinations are now alphabetical !
Boston comes up under "B" :P
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 pm

deltacto wrote:
Destinations are now alphabetical !
Boston comes up under "B" :P


Finally! The only now needs to start operations... :bigthumbsup:

The "new" web page is hilarious :banghead:

Free Inflight Entertainment:B.Y.O.D - Bring Your Own Devices
Bring your own phone, tablet or laptop to stream our in-flight entertainment Remember – charge your device and pack your headphones.
https://iflyea.com/flying-with-us/
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:04 am

debonair wrote:
deltacto wrote:
Destinations are now alphabetical !
Boston comes up under "B" :P


Finally! The only now needs to start operations... :bigthumbsup:

The "new" web page is hilarious :banghead:

Free Inflight Entertainment:B.Y.O.D - Bring Your Own Devices
Bring your own phone, tablet or laptop to stream our in-flight entertainment Remember – charge your device and pack your headphones.
https://iflyea.com/flying-with-us/


That's interesting - because the new seats are all equipped with USB charging ports. So you can charge your device.
Their social media team needs to beef up their marketing work.

Cedar
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:26 am

Cedar wrote:
Their social media team needs to beef up their marketing work.

Cedar


Something else I do not understand on their webpage is this remark, maybe someone knows the answer:
" Our attention to detail is focused on the tiniest mechanical check and the golden yellow stitching on Seat 17B."
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:40 pm

debonair wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Their social media team needs to beef up their marketing work.

Cedar


Something else I do not understand on their webpage is this remark, maybe someone knows the answer:
" Our attention to detail is focused on the tiniest mechanical check and the golden yellow stitching on Seat 17B."


I think it's their way of saying they're not leaving any stone unturned when it comes to quality.
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:50 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
debonair wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Their social media team needs to beef up their marketing work.

Cedar


Something else I do not understand on their webpage is this remark, maybe someone knows the answer:
" Our attention to detail is focused on the tiniest mechanical check and the golden yellow stitching on Seat 17B."


I think it's their way of saying they're not leaving any stone unturned when it comes to quality.


Yes - I believe DeltaRules is correct. It's their way of saying that their attention to detail focuses on the biggest detail to the smallest detail (down to the stitching on your seat). Which is something they needed to work on. Their interiors were not the best by any means or standard. Eastern needed to upgrade their seats as a priority. Overhead bin space is another priority I think they need to focus on.
At the moment they have mood lighting & upgraded seats on most A/C - although they state they have updated overhead bin space. I have not seen that or proof of it. I think the 777's will enter the fleet already equipped with all of this.

Cedar
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:18 pm

And now this:

As I understand it - They were heavily reliant on agency bookings, etc. - this allows them now to better control & manage their own bookings/inventory, put out offers for sales, etc. while still keeping the relationships with the agencies, as they will have their own dedicated access to everything through the new website.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ea ... tification

Cedar
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:21 pm

So is this anchorage flight really going to happen?
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:25 pm

32andBelow wrote:
So is this anchorage flight really going to happen?


I don't think it's still on the radar. but may be somewhere dug deep in plans. It would only be on the 777 if it does.

Cedar
 
debonair
Posts: 4310
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:51 pm

32andBelow wrote:
So is this anchorage flight really going to happen?


I think you can answer the question yourself, first available date to travel 27th of May - selcting this date it will result in "Oops, no results."... :scratchchin:
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5701
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:54 pm

Makes sense. I feel like they’d be packaged with cruise operators.
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:42 am

So does Eastern have a future? I mean looking at it from a realistic point of view. If they survive the next five years, what kind of airline are we going to be looking at? From what I understood they are heaving focused on New York and Miami markets to Latin America. I guess they would be adding flights and frequencies on those markets?
 
Cedar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:58 am

Blerg wrote:
So does Eastern have a future? I mean looking at it from a realistic point of view. If they survive the next five years, what kind of airline are we going to be looking at? From what I understood they are heaving focused on New York and Miami markets to Latin America. I guess they would be adding flights and frequencies on those markets?


They are progressing and given they started in 2020 & were able to survive during all of 2020, that says a lot - they have made some strides & learned from some mistakes. If you look at their management & above level - most of their people are from well established airlines, like UA, Spirit, AA, VX, etc. So there is talent. I think MIA & JFK will be their 2 main hubs, with everything else complimenting. MIA for their heavy South America focus. JFK for domestic & perhaps future European operations.

They say their focus is on underserved markets and look to fill gaps - they have no intention of stepping on toes of any carriers. Perfect example is AA pulling out of MVD, so they swooped in to start flying there.

I think you will see some significant growth this year, and they just announced a doubling of their GYE flights. https://www.facebook.com/goeasternair

Cedar
 
Blerg
Posts: 5124
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:18 am

Cedar wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So does Eastern have a future? I mean looking at it from a realistic point of view. If they survive the next five years, what kind of airline are we going to be looking at? From what I understood they are heaving focused on New York and Miami markets to Latin America. I guess they would be adding flights and frequencies on those markets?


They are progressing and given they started in 2020 & were able to survive during all of 2020, that says a lot - they have made some strides & learned from some mistakes. If you look at their management & above level - most of their people are from well established airlines, like UA, Spirit, AA, VX, etc. So there is talent. I think MIA & JFK will be their 2 main hubs, with everything else complimenting. MIA for their heavy South America focus. JFK for domestic & perhaps future European operations.

They say their focus is on underserved markets and look to fill gaps - they have no intention of stepping on toes of any carriers. Perfect example is AA pulling out of MVD, so they swooped in to start flying there.

I think you will see some significant growth this year, and they just announced a doubling of their GYE flights. https://www.facebook.com/goeasternair

Cedar


Thank you. Actually this is one airline I would really like to see succeed. I think the US could use more competition so I am following them and Breeze very closely.

Out of curiosity, how come AA pulled out of MVD but they think they can make it work? Is it because of costs or...?
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26666
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:49 am

Blerg wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So does Eastern have a future? I mean looking at it from a realistic point of view. If they survive the next five years, what kind of airline are we going to be looking at? From what I understood they are heaving focused on New York and Miami markets to Latin America. I guess they would be adding flights and frequencies on those markets?


They are progressing and given they started in 2020 & were able to survive during all of 2020, that says a lot - they have made some strides & learned from some mistakes. If you look at their management & above level - most of their people are from well established airlines, like UA, Spirit, AA, VX, etc. So there is talent. I think MIA & JFK will be their 2 main hubs, with everything else complimenting. MIA for their heavy South America focus. JFK for domestic & perhaps future European operations.

They say their focus is on underserved markets and look to fill gaps - they have no intention of stepping on toes of any carriers. Perfect example is AA pulling out of MVD, so they swooped in to start flying there.

I think you will see some significant growth this year, and they just announced a doubling of their GYE flights. https://www.facebook.com/goeasternair

Cedar


Thank you. Actually this is one airline I would really like to see succeed. I think the US could use more competition so I am following them and Breeze very closely.

Out of curiosity, how come AA pulled out of MVD but they think they can make it work? Is it because of costs or...?


American still flies to Montevideo. It’s a one time seasonal suspension.
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 3637
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Eastern Airlines Adds JFK-ANC/UIO With 777-200ER + MIA-UIO, PHL-MEX

Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:35 am

Blerg wrote:
Cedar wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So does Eastern have a future? I mean looking at it from a realistic point of view. If they survive the next five years, what kind of airline are we going to be looking at? From what I understood they are heaving focused on New York and Miami markets to Latin America. I guess they would be adding flights and frequencies on those markets?


They are progressing and given they started in 2020 & were able to survive during all of 2020, that says a lot - they have made some strides & learned from some mistakes. If you look at their management & above level - most of their people are from well established airlines, like UA, Spirit, AA, VX, etc. So there is talent. I think MIA & JFK will be their 2 main hubs, with everything else complimenting. MIA for their heavy South America focus. JFK for domestic & perhaps future European operations.

They say their focus is on underserved markets and look to fill gaps - they have no intention of stepping on toes of any carriers. Perfect example is AA pulling out of MVD, so they swooped in to start flying there.

I think you will see some significant growth this year, and they just announced a doubling of their GYE flights. https://www.facebook.com/goeasternair

Cedar


Thank you. Actually this is one airline I would really like to see succeed. I think the US could use more competition so I am following them and Breeze very closely.

Out of curiosity, how come AA pulled out of MVD but they think they can make it work? Is it because of costs or...?


AA will continue flying to MVD twice a week this month, but only as cargo-only flights according to their widebody schedule. I assume this will continue for a while.

I’m not too familiar with Eastern’s strategy, but I think I saw something where they worked with Brazil’s government to establish three U.S. to Belo Horizonte routes, so I suppose there could be similar involvement with their MVD flights.

And of course, they can transport some cargo with those 763s.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos