Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27511
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:40 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
Appreciate the update. I suppose the Max 10 won't fly until that new 3rd AOA sensor system the regulators called for is installed.


I don't see why they would do that as there are likely plenty of items on the test and certification checklists that can be covered without the third AoA sensor. Also, the third sensor is I believe only required for 737 MAX airframes operating with airlines that are certified by EASA so Boeing could conceivably certify the frame with two for the FAA and US operators and then when they have the third sensor completed, submit the 737-10 to EASA for certification (along with certifying said third sensor for the other MAX models).
 
Delta28L
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Alaska Airlines has taken delivery of their first 737-9 MAX
 
User avatar
Momo1435
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 pm

This looks to be a new customer for 13 of the white tails.


Flair Airlines (F8) from Canada has announced they will take 13 737-8s.

https://flyflair.com/media
https://cms.flyflair.com/uploads/25d1d5 ... f8d4bd.pdf

"Flair will lease the initial 13 aircraft from one of its significant financiers, 777 Partners, who recently entered in to an agreement with Boeing for 24 new Boeing 737-8 aircraft along with options to purchase another 60 737-8 aircraft. .....will begin accepting delivery of the new aircraft in early 2021."
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm

I have a suspicion those are the Norwegian AS frames.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Momo1435 wrote:
This looks to be a new customer for 13 of the white tails.


Flair Airlines (F8) from Canada has announced they will take 13 737-8s.

https://flyflair.com/media
https://cms.flyflair.com/uploads/25d1d5 ... f8d4bd.pdf

"Flair will lease the initial 13 aircraft from one of its significant financiers, 777 Partners, who recently entered in to an agreement with Boeing for 24 new Boeing 737-8 aircraft along with options to purchase another 60 737-8 aircraft. .....will begin accepting delivery of the new aircraft in early 2021."


Good for them! Also starts clearing backlog with whitetails. Unrelated but I did find this line in the release funny: "Flair is currently accepting expressions of interest from airports interested in partnering with Flair to provide ULCC service to their communities." Basically, who wants to subsidize a new route?
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:08 am

N919AK 737-9 Alaska Airlines - Taxi & RTO checks today - B1 scrubbed
ImageN919AK 737-9 Alaska Airlines by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

EI-HGI 737-8 200 Ryanair - Rolled out of paint
ImageEI-HGI 737-8 200 Ryanair by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

7965 737-8 200 Ryanair - Rolled out of final assembly.
Image7965 737-8 200 Ryanair by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:43 am

7571 43303 C-FTXF 737-8 Sunwing - Test Flight
Image7571 43303 C-FTXF 737-8 Sunwing by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

7897 44484 N338ST 737-8 American Airlines - Customer Flight
Image7897 44484 N338ST 737-8 American Airlines by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

44082 N919AK 737-9 Alaska Airlines - B1 Flight
Image44082 N919AK 737-9 Alaska Airlines by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
CX747
Posts: 6575
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 2:54 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:41 pm

Saw an article where AA is painting their 737s in a new grey style paint. Is that change also being done at the factory? Great to see the new 737s showing up on AA property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... nting/amp/
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:03 pm

CX747 wrote:
Saw an article where AA is painting their 737s in a new grey style paint. Is that change also being done at the factory? Great to see the new 737s showing up on AA property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... nting/amp/

I would assume this will eventually filter to all AA aircraft, new and used. There may be a slight lag depending on how long it takes AA to inform OEM about new paint.
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:25 am

7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK - Flown back from storage at SKF
Image7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 am

Polot wrote:
CX747 wrote:
Saw an article where AA is painting their 737s in a new grey style paint. Is that change also being done at the factory? Great to see the new 737s showing up on AA property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... nting/amp/

I would assume this will eventually filter to all AA aircraft, new and used. There may be a slight lag depending on how long it takes AA to inform OEM about new paint.


Looks horrible. Reminds me of the matt grey seen on the tankers if it were a couple of shades darker.
 
Chemist
Posts: 859
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:46 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:26 am

RobK wrote:
Polot wrote:
CX747 wrote:
Saw an article where AA is painting their 737s in a new grey style paint. Is that change also being done at the factory? Great to see the new 737s showing up on AA property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... nting/amp/

I would assume this will eventually filter to all AA aircraft, new and used. There may be a slight lag depending on how long it takes AA to inform OEM about new paint.


Looks horrible. Reminds me of the matt grey seen on the tankers if it were a couple of shades darker.


I'm still not a fan of the current livery. I understand the reasons why they went to grey/silver paint, but IMHO it still doesn't look great. A different base color would have been better.
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:49 am

RobK wrote:
Polot wrote:
CX747 wrote:
Saw an article where AA is painting their 737s in a new grey style paint. Is that change also being done at the factory? Great to see the new 737s showing up on AA property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... nting/amp/

I would assume this will eventually filter to all AA aircraft, new and used. There may be a slight lag depending on how long it takes AA to inform OEM about new paint.


Looks horrible. Reminds me of the matt grey seen on the tankers if it were a couple of shades darker.


It wasn't clear to me but was it the darker or lighter shade of grey that is new?
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:13 pm

WoodysAeroimag wrote:
7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK - Flown back from storage at SKF
Image7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr


What's with the wrappers on both of the engines? And what's that logo all about?
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:54 pm

RobK wrote:
WoodysAeroimag wrote:
7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK - Flown back from storage at SKF
Image7525 44604 G-TUMJ 737-8 Tui fly UK by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr


What's with the wrappers on both of the engines? And what's that logo all about?


That's a good question. Looks like the whole different engine cowl door and not even painted the same color as the rest of the engine.
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 pm

It's on both sides.
 
f18raider
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43 pm

 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:18 pm

Well spotted! But it has the same on the other engine too. Questions...
 
User avatar
Crosswind
Posts: 2639
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2000 4:34 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:16 pm

RobK wrote:
Well spotted! But it has the same on the other engine too. Questions...


Wasn't there an AD relating to the electrical bonding on the engine cowlings of the 737Max requiring inspection/repair/replacement as required?

Since the CAA ungrounded them this week probably just using parts from another aircraft to get them flying again I would guess.

It’s not uncommon for the odd mismatched nose or engine cowl to pop up during testing, but since it’s both sides and the same panel I’d wager possibly relating to the AD or similar.


Triple-hybrid livery pre-delivery!
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:05 pm

Well both of the SCATs are in storage at Kelly Field so that must be where they've been pinched from. However those frames are -9s and not -8s. Presumably it doesn't make any difference as far as the cowlings go then.

Boeing is doing at least some of the rework required at SKF and MWH I think, based on the recent timelines from coming out of storage to delivery. At the current rate it's going to take them many years to get through the backlog.
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:50 pm

Based on my data and tracking, I have put together the following data on the January 2021 Boeing #737MAX deliveries. Note: This is not official data or numbers from Boeing.
https://737-max.blogspot.com

Image
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
iamlucky13
Posts: 1398
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Avgeek21 wrote:
RobK wrote:
Polot wrote:
I would assume this will eventually filter to all AA aircraft, new and used. There may be a slight lag depending on how long it takes AA to inform OEM about new paint.


Looks horrible. Reminds me of the matt grey seen on the tankers if it were a couple of shades darker.


It wasn't clear to me but was it the darker or lighter shade of grey that is new?


The article seems to indicate it is the same shade but does not have mica in it. The result will be less shiny appearance. I'm not clear if they are still using a gloss coat.
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:33 pm

Looks like the first of the Canadian birds are due to leave the nest today, namely 2 of the Sunwing B38Ms, probably C-FTXE and C-FTXF. No sign of any activity with the undelivered AC frames yet.
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 am

AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 pm

RobK wrote:
AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.


UA only has 3 left (N27526, N37528, & N17529)

WN has 20 left with 2 of those new builds

N8703J
N8800L
N8801Q
N8802Q
N8803L
N8804L
N8805L
N8741L
N8806Q
N8807L
N8808Q
N8809L
N8810L
N8811L
N8812Q
N8813Q
N8814K
N8815L
N8816Q
N8817L
N8818Q
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1628
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:01 pm

RobK wrote:
Looks like the first of the Canadian birds are due to leave the nest today, namely 2 of the Sunwing B38Ms, probably C-FTXE and C-FTXF. No sign of any activity with the undelivered AC frames yet.


And Westjet is scheduled to receive their 14th aircraft, tail 316 C-GWLK, tomorrow.....
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:59 pm

WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.


UA only has 3 left (N27526, N37528, & N17529)

WN has 20 left with 2 of those new builds

N8703J
N8800L
N8801Q
N8802Q
N8803L
N8804L
N8805L
N8741L
N8806Q
N8807L
N8808Q
N8809L
N8810L
N8811L
N8812Q
N8813Q
N8814K
N8815L
N8816Q
N8817L
N8818Q


Someone said that the WN N87* were ETOPS I think and so were taking those first. But I think it is perhaps more to do with most of those frames are through lessors whereas the N88* are their own orders. N8703J will be 5 years old in a couple of months (based on first flight) and not even flown a revenue flight yet!

I see one of the TUI frames has had a switcheroo to G-TUMO which was seen in storage across the street in January wearing that reg. I have nothing for this one yet but based on the unknown UK hex on BOE874 yesterday, it would appear to be D-AMAD from TUI fly Deutschland transferred to TUI Airways. BOE874 should be in the end stall in C17 if you want to confirm it with the mk1 eyeballs. I see the various online fleet databases have already concluded that this is fact and are reporting it as such...
 
gr8slvrflt
Posts: 1491
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:53 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:44 am

Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?
I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 am

gr8slvrflt wrote:
Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?


Well as the FAA did the Max recertification flight in N7201S (a 737-7) then presumably it is already certified? :confused:

Btw Woody, N8750Q is out now in A7.
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:28 am

RobK wrote:
WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.


UA only has 3 left (N27526, N37528, & N17529)

WN has 20 left with 2 of those new builds

N8703J
N8800L
N8801Q
N8802Q
N8803L
N8804L
N8805L
N8741L
N8806Q
N8807L
N8808Q
N8809L
N8810L
N8811L
N8812Q
N8813Q
N8814K
N8815L
N8816Q
N8817L
N8818Q


Someone said that the WN N87* were ETOPS I think and so were taking those first. But I think it is perhaps more to do with most of those frames are through lessors whereas the N88* are their own orders. N8703J will be 5 years old in a couple of months (based on first flight) and not even flown a revenue flight yet!

I see one of the TUI frames has had a switcheroo to G-TUMO which was seen in storage across the street in January wearing that reg. I have nothing for this one yet but based on the unknown UK hex on BOE874 yesterday, it would appear to be D-AMAD from TUI fly Deutschland transferred to TUI Airways. BOE874 should be in the end stall in C17 if you want to confirm it with the mk1 eyeballs. I see the various online fleet databases have already concluded that this is fact and are reporting it as such...



I can confirm it was in the last stall as of Thursday.

From left to right across the ramp it was:
Tui -8 (G-TUMO), Turkish -8 (TC-LC?) , Tui -8 (G-TUMH) with air stairs attached to both sides, flyduabi -8 (A6-FMK), Ethiopian -8 ending in MF I think, it has also had its Advance Technology Winglets removed. Sitting on the ground next to the aircraft.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:48 pm

RobK wrote:
WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.


UA only has 3 left (N27526, N37528, & N17529)

WN has 20 left with 2 of those new builds

N8703J
N8800L
N8801Q
N8802Q
N8803L
N8804L
N8805L
N8741L
N8806Q
N8807L
N8808Q
N8809L
N8810L
N8811L
N8812Q
N8813Q
N8814K
N8815L
N8816Q
N8817L
N8818Q


Someone said that the WN N87* were ETOPS I think and so were taking those first. But I think it is perhaps more to do with most of those frames are through lessors whereas the N88* are their own orders. N8703J will be 5 years old in a couple of months (based on first flight) and not even flown a revenue flight yet!

I see one of the TUI frames has had a switcheroo to G-TUMO which was seen in storage across the street in January wearing that reg. I have nothing for this one yet but based on the unknown UK hex on BOE874 yesterday, it would appear to be D-AMAD from TUI fly Deutschland transferred to TUI Airways. BOE874 should be in the end stall in C17 if you want to confirm it with the mk1 eyeballs. I see the various online fleet databases have already concluded that this is fact and are reporting it as such...


A fellow spotter noted it as such when they saw it on the flight line at BFI yesterday.
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:51 pm

RobK wrote:
gr8slvrflt wrote:
Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?


Well as the FAA did the Max recertification flight in N7201S (a 737-7) then presumably it is already certified? :confused:

Btw Woody, N8750Q is out now in A7.


Thanks - Unfortunately my father had a fall last week and now requires 24/7 care. So until I figure out a caregiver for him. I am unable to leave to visit and spot at Renton for the foreseeable time.
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1663
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Woody, all my thoughts for your dad and you. Hope he is well soon.
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:33 pm

WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
gr8slvrflt wrote:
Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?


Well as the FAA did the Max recertification flight in N7201S (a 737-7) then presumably it is already certified? :confused:

Btw Woody, N8750Q is out now in A7.


Thanks - Unfortunately my father had a fall last week and now requires 24/7 care. So until I figure out a caregiver for him. I am unable to leave to visit and spot at Renton for the foreseeable time.


Bless bim. Hope he recovers. And you are right, family comes first!
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:25 pm

seahawks7757 wrote:
I can confirm it was in the last stall as of Thursday.

From left to right across the ramp it was:
Tui -8 (G-TUMO), Turkish -8 (TC-LC?) , Tui -8 (G-TUMH) with air stairs attached to both sides, flyduabi -8 (A6-FMK), Ethiopian -8 ending in MF I think, it has also had its Advance Technology Winglets removed. Sitting on the ground next to the aircraft.


Brandon, thanks for the confirmation! TK in C16 is TC-LCN. ET is ET-AWF.

Woody sorry to hear the sad news. :(
 
SXDFC
Posts: 2099
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:35 pm

RobK wrote:
WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
AA was the first airline to clear its backlog of frames with final frame N338ST flying away yesterday. N341SV will be the next one to go, but that is a fresh factory build.


UA only has 3 left (N27526, N37528, & N17529)

WN has 20 left with 2 of those new builds

N8703J
N8800L
N8801Q
N8802Q
N8803L
N8804L
N8805L
N8741L
N8806Q
N8807L
N8808Q
N8809L
N8810L
N8811L
N8812Q
N8813Q
N8814K
N8815L
N8816Q
N8817L
N8818Q


Someone said that the WN N87* were ETOPS I think and so were taking those first. But I think it is perhaps more to do with most of those frames are through lessors whereas the N88* are their own orders. N8703J will be 5 years old in a couple of months (based on first flight) and not even flown a revenue flight yet!

I see one of the TUI frames has had a switcheroo to G-TUMO which was seen in storage across the street in January wearing that reg. I have nothing for this one yet but based on the unknown UK hex on BOE874 yesterday, it would appear to be D-AMAD from TUI fly Deutschland transferred to TUI Airways. BOE874 should be in the end stall in C17 if you want to confirm it with the mk1 eyeballs. I see the various online fleet databases have already concluded that this is fact and are reporting it as such...


8701-8751 will be all ETOPS, if it doesn’t have ETOPS now, it will be ETOPS eventually. I’ve heard a rumor 8703 won’t be delivered to SWA, again just a rumor, not sure if true.
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 am

WoodysAeroimag wrote:
RobK wrote:
gr8slvrflt wrote:
Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?


Well as the FAA did the Max recertification flight in N7201S (a 737-7) then presumably it is already certified? :confused:

Btw Woody, N8750Q is out now in A7.


Thanks - Unfortunately my father had a fall last week and now requires 24/7 care. So until I figure out a caregiver for him. I am unable to leave to visit and spot at Renton for the foreseeable time.


Sorry to hear that man, if you need help with anything you got my number.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:35 am

RobK wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
I can confirm it was in the last stall as of Thursday.

From left to right across the ramp it was:
Tui -8 (G-TUMO), Turkish -8 (TC-LC?) , Tui -8 (G-TUMH) with air stairs attached to both sides, flyduabi -8 (A6-FMK), Ethiopian -8 ending in MF I think, it has also had its Advance Technology Winglets removed. Sitting on the ground next to the aircraft.


Brandon, thanks for the confirmation! TK in C16 is TC-LCN. ET is ET-AWF.

Woody sorry to hear the sad news. :(


I stopped by both BFI to look at the last few stalls and Renton. G-TUMO is no longer in C17, it was empty today, the rest still the same.

Renton update, Ryanair was on the east line, it is now back behind the factories, Aeromexico next MAX 9 was moved from next to the GOL in the back to I am guessing paint, Ural Airlines MAX 8 VP-BGO has rolled out of paint and is now in the back flight line next to Smartwings. I don't know those stall numbers/names unfortunately, still trying to learn those if anyone has a list or map breakdown somewhere. Another Ural Airlines MAX 8 rolled off the line Thursday, it was next to the painted TUI who is in the back. It has now been repositioned to where the Aeromexico MAX 9 was at behind the factories.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
User avatar
WoodysAeroimag
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:37 am

seahawks7757 wrote:
RobK wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
I can confirm it was in the last stall as of Thursday.

From left to right across the ramp it was:
Tui -8 (G-TUMO), Turkish -8 (TC-LC?) , Tui -8 (G-TUMH) with air stairs attached to both sides, flyduabi -8 (A6-FMK), Ethiopian -8 ending in MF I think, it has also had its Advance Technology Winglets removed. Sitting on the ground next to the aircraft.


Brandon, thanks for the confirmation! TK in C16 is TC-LCN. ET is ET-AWF.

Woody sorry to hear the sad news. :(


I stopped by both BFI to look at the last few stalls and Renton. G-TUMO is no longer in C17, it was empty today, the rest still the same.

Renton update, Ryanair was on the east line, it is now back behind the factories, Aeromexico next MAX 9 was moved from next to the GOL in the back to I am guessing paint, Ural Airlines MAX 8 VP-BGO has rolled out of paint and is now in the back flight line next to Smartwings. I don't know those stall numbers/names unfortunately, still trying to learn those if anyone has a list or map breakdown somewhere. Another Ural Airlines MAX 8 rolled off the line Thursday, it was next to the painted TUI who is in the back. It has now been repositioned to where the Aeromexico MAX 9 was at behind the factories.


http://renton737blog.blogspot.com/2017/ ... t-map.html
Tracking MAX Production https://737-max.blogspot.com/
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:46 am

WoodysAeroimag wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
RobK wrote:

Brandon, thanks for the confirmation! TK in C16 is TC-LCN. ET is ET-AWF.

Woody sorry to hear the sad news. :(


I stopped by both BFI to look at the last few stalls and Renton. G-TUMO is no longer in C17, it was empty today, the rest still the same.

Renton update, Ryanair was on the east line, it is now back behind the factories, Aeromexico next MAX 9 was moved from next to the GOL in the back to I am guessing paint, Ural Airlines MAX 8 VP-BGO has rolled out of paint and is now in the back flight line next to Smartwings. I don't know those stall numbers/names unfortunately, still trying to learn those if anyone has a list or map breakdown somewhere. Another Ural Airlines MAX 8 rolled off the line Thursday, it was next to the painted TUI who is in the back. It has now been repositioned to where the Aeromexico MAX 9 was at behind the factories.


http://renton737blog.blogspot.com/2017/ ... t-map.html


Got that saved. Appreciate it.

Other flight line updates:
A10 N7205U WN MAX 7
A9 N7204U WN MAX 7
A7 N8750Q WN MAX 8
A6 EMPTY
A5 VP-BXH S7 MAX 8
A4 TC-SOJ Sun Express MAX 8
A3 P8 - Did engine run but was cut early as the blue lights signifying high winds went on during run.

So a lot of shifting. Not sure how many of these will actually be getting prepped or just being rotated around.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 25771
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:01 pm

gr8slvrflt wrote:
Any idea when the Max7 will be certified and enter service?

Some time in 2021 is the target.

Ref: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... for-the-10
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3903
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:29 am

seahawks7757 wrote:
Other flight line updates:
A10 N7205U WN MAX 7
A9 N7204U WN MAX 7
A7 N8750Q WN MAX 8
A6 EMPTY
A5 VP-BXH S7 MAX 8
A4 TC-SOJ Sun Express MAX 8
A3 P8 - Did engine run but was cut early as the blue lights signifying high winds went on during run.

So a lot of shifting. Not sure how many of these will actually be getting prepped or just being rotated around.


Any sign of P8 169564 yet? It's a complete mystery what has become of that one. Should have flown mid last year but no sightings by anyone. I wonder if it's suffered some damage. They're already way past it and latest one to fly was 169569 (the one you saw).

Any sighting of G-TUMK? Wondering what name it's wearing. Came back from storage the other day and parked in B14 at BFI, opposite the touch-up tents. Should be able to read it off from the road outside as there's a gap between the 2 tents, or even through the tent itself if the back is open :) .

All the UA backlog delivered now. I wonder if the -10 will fly before their first -8? Their first -8 is in the low 8000s.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11808
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:57 am

WestJet 737MAX8 C-GWLK delivered BFI-YYC (12 Feb)

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gwlk
Forum Moderator
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:24 pm

does the 73MAX have nose taxi lights? I've watched a few vids on YOUTUBE of night flights and never seem to witness the use of a nose taxi light
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11519
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:59 pm

TropicalSky wrote:
does the 73MAX have nose taxi lights? I've watched a few vids on YOUTUBE of night flights and never seem to witness the use of a nose taxi light

No, the taxi lights are all in the wingroot light clusters. I believe this change was actually made sometime during the NG’s production run, when the switch to LED bulbs allowed for better lighting and eliminated the need for a bulb on the nose gear. Around the same time of the this switch in the NG the retractable landing lights were also removed.
 
MileHFL400
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Ok so I’m going to ask this again. When are we seeing the max 10 in the air ?
Thanks and best Regards
AA
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:55 pm

thanks alot ... i did not know this
....
Polot wrote:
TropicalSky wrote:
does the 73MAX have nose taxi lights? I've watched a few vids on YOUTUBE of night flights and never seem to witness the use of a nose taxi light

No, the taxi lights are all in the wingroot light clusters. I believe this change was actually made sometime during the NG’s production run, when the switch to LED bulbs allowed for better lighting and eliminated the need for a bulb on the nose gear. Around the same time of the this switch in the NG the retractable landing lights were also removed.
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:15 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
Ok so I’m going to ask this again. When are we seeing the max 10 in the air ?


Mid 2021 at the earliest.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
User avatar
seahawks7757
Posts: 316
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:16 pm

RobK wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
Other flight line updates:
A10 N7205U WN MAX 7
A9 N7204U WN MAX 7
A7 N8750Q WN MAX 8
A6 EMPTY
A5 VP-BXH S7 MAX 8
A4 TC-SOJ Sun Express MAX 8
A3 P8 - Did engine run but was cut early as the blue lights signifying high winds went on during run.

So a lot of shifting. Not sure how many of these will actually be getting prepped or just being rotated around.


Any sign of P8 169564 yet? It's a complete mystery what has become of that one. Should have flown mid last year but no sightings by anyone. I wonder if it's suffered some damage. They're already way past it and latest one to fly was 169569 (the one you saw).

Any sighting of G-TUMK? Wondering what name it's wearing. Came back from storage the other day and parked in B14 at BFI, opposite the touch-up tents. Should be able to read it off from the road outside as there's a gap between the 2 tents, or even through the tent itself if the back is open :) .

All the UA backlog delivered now. I wonder if the -10 will fly before their first -8? Their first -8 is in the low 8000s.


Have we had any confirmation on United Max 8’s? I’ve seen a lot of speculation but nothing firm/confirmed.

And if that’s the one that came in on Wednesday from Texas I got it. Will take a look later today and get back to you.
Follow on Twitter as @BDFphotography - https://twitter.com/BDFphotography
Brandon Farris Photography on Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/seahawks7757/
 
MileHFL400
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Boeing 737MAX Production/Delivery Thread - 2021

Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:18 pm

seahawks7757 wrote:
RobK wrote:
seahawks7757 wrote:
Other flight line updates:
A10 N7205U WN MAX 7
A9 N7204U WN MAX 7
A7 N8750Q WN MAX 8
A6 EMPTY
A5 VP-BXH S7 MAX 8
A4 TC-SOJ Sun Express MAX 8
A3 P8 - Did engine run but was cut early as the blue lights signifying high winds went on during run.

So a lot of shifting. Not sure how many of these will actually be getting prepped or just being rotated around.


Any sign of P8 169564 yet? It's a complete mystery what has become of that one. Should have flown mid last year but no sightings by anyone. I wonder if it's suffered some damage. They're already way past it and latest one to fly was 169569 (the one you saw).

Any sighting of G-TUMK? Wondering what name it's wearing. Came back from storage the other day and parked in B14 at BFI, opposite the touch-up tents. Should be able to read it off from the road outside as there's a gap between the 2 tents, or even through the tent itself if the back is open :) .

All the UA backlog delivered now. I wonder if the -10 will fly before their first -8? Their first -8 is in the low 8000s.


Have we had any confirmation on United Max 8’s? I’ve seen a lot of speculation but nothing firm/confirmed.

And if that’s the one that came in on Wednesday from Texas I got it. Will take a look later today and get back to you.


United? I think they only have 9 and 10’s on order
Thanks and best Regards
AA
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos