Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
frigatebird
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:54 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Source:
https://twitter.com/KLM/status/1366392351913041926

First flight of E195-E2 KLM Cityhooper AMS-WAR today, March 1st., 2021.

Image


As you can see the commercial flights are performed by PH-NXB, KL's 2nd E295. PH-NXA cannot fly as it has unspecified "engine troubles" (source Dutch aviation forum Scramble, member Bennie in the KLM thread).

Sorry having to dampen your enthusiasm :raincloud:
146,318/19/20/21, AB6,332,333,343,345,346,359,388, 722,732/3/4/5/G/8,9, 742,74E,744,752,762,763, 772,77E,773,77W,788 AT4/7,ATP,CRK,E75/90,F50/70
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:37 pm

frigatebird wrote:
As you can see the commercial flights are performed by PH-NXB, KL's 2nd E295. PH-NXA cannot fly as it has unspecified "engine troubles" (source Dutch aviation forum Scramble, member Bennie in the KLM thread).


If the problem is with the frame itself, you can blame Embraer.
If the problem is with the engine, you can blame PW.

Source: https://airinsight.com/happy-birthday-g ... ay-part-2/

Happy birthday GTF – what airlines say
by Richard Schuurman | Mar 3, 2021

Excerpts:
Lufthansa, too, has had its share of issues that had a negative impact on operations.
It suffered in-flight shutdowns, low-pressure turbine, and high-pressure compressor issues that
requested inspections or engine removals, especially in the first two to three years.
“The initial major problems have now been largely resolved and performance, e.g. in terms of fuel consumption, is fine.
We are currently working with the manufacturers to extend the service intervals, i.e. the time between two engine overhauls.”

“A lot of progress has been made in this area since the introduction of the aircraft type, but we are not yet at the level of the previous engine generations.
Engine overhauls are the biggest cost item in terms of maintenance costs for the economic operation of aircraft, and this is where we are in dialog with Pratt & Whitney.”

And ...

“SWISS is generally satisfied with the improvement in fuel consumption. We kindly ask you for your understanding that we don’t communicate specific numbers.”

While it suffered two uncontained failures on the PW1500G, the airline believes these issues are in the past:
“The issue is understood and has been addressed with several operational measures and restrictions.
We are satisfied with the performance and the operation is fully safe and normal. We are operating again up to FL410 since November 2020.”
“The reliability of the engine has improved considerably with recent software and hardware updates.
From a safety and operational perspective, SWISS is generally satisfied with the current engine performance.”


frigatebird wrote:
Sorry having to dampen your enthusiasm :raincloud:

Don´t bother yourself ... My sun is always bright shinning ... :spin:
 
User avatar
FiscAutTecGarte
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:26 pm

What is takeoff performance like for a 132pax E295? Would it be able to takeoff it airports like HOU and MDW?
learning never stops...

FischAutoTechGarten is the full handle and it reflects my interest. It's abbreviated to fit A.net short usernames.
 
iceberg210
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Highlights:

- due to the changed operating environment, both fleets, the E190-E1 will remain in the fleet along side with the E195-E2.
Previously, they were supposed do replace the E190-E1 fleet;

That's great news for Embraer, as that means that instead of 32 E1s replaced by 25+10 E2s, you'll have 32 E1's + aprox 16 E2's to replace the 737-700's so in theory at least that could increase the needed E2's to aprox 50
Erik Berg
“Little by little, we advance with each turn. That's how a drill works!”
 
User avatar
AECM
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:51 pm

FiscAutTecGarte wrote:
What is takeoff performance like for a 132pax E295? Would it be able to takeoff it airports like HOU and MDW?


Embraer mention the following for the E295:

Takeoff Field Length MTOW, ISA, SL - standard engine = 1,805 m / 5,922 ft
Landing Field Length MLW, ISA, SL = 1,290 m / 4,232 ft
Takeoff Field Length TOW for 500nm, full PAX*, ISA, SL, standard engine = 1,305 m / 4,281 ft

Maximum Takeoff Weight = 61,500 kg / 135,585 lb
Maximum Landing Weight = 54,000 kg / 119,049 lb

* Single class seating, Pax weight = 100 kg / 220 lb and maximum of 146 seats
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:30 pm

From the same source I cited above about the E2 operators experience so far.
https://airinsight.com/happy-birthday-g ... ay-part-2/

Happy birthday GTF – what airlines say
by Richard Schuurman | Mar 3, 2021


Excerpts:

Wideroe:

Wideroe hasn’t experienced any particular issues operating the GTF in these rugged circumstances:
“We have not implemented any specific procedures to mitigate potential challenges due to harsh
weather conditions and operations north of the Arctic Circle”,
the airline tells Airinsight.
“We are most satisfied with the fuel efficiency on the PW1900s.
So far experiences on the engines confirm the figures on fuel consumption.
To the extent it exceeds the initial promises from Pratt & Whitney”, a spokesperson says.
This means that Wideroe’s Embraer E190-E2s demonstrate fuel burn
better than the 17.3 percent reported by the Brazilian planemaker.


Helvetic:

“We are satisfied with the reliability of the GTF taking into account that it is a new generation engine.
However, we don’t have values yet like on the Neo-Family.”
A spokesperson adds that the engine has worked fine for Helvetic, although it had needed extra
inspections following the Airworthiness Directive that covered both the PW1500G and PW1900G.
”Our GTF-Engines on the Embraer 190-E2 didn’t have any operational restrictions so far.
But we performed our borescope inspections as required by the AD and we didn’t have any findings so far.
On fuel consumption, Helvetic is happy to confirm that the E2s meet the 17.3 percent improvement
that’s been advertised by Embraer:
“The 17.3 percent fuel reduction was the official figure in comparison to the E1.
Our experience shows, that the fuel efficiency of the E2 is even higher.
Depending on the route length, we had fuel savings of up to 25 percent compared to the E1.
This is surely due to the new GTF-engine but as well due to
the highly efficient E2 aircraft (highly efficient wing and lighter aircraft).”
 
Oliver2020
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:19 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
From the same source I cited above about the E2 operators experience so far.
https://airinsight.com/happy-birthday-g ... ay-part-2/

Happy birthday GTF – what airlines say
by Richard Schuurman | Mar 3, 2021


Excerpts:

Wideroe:

Wideroe hasn’t experienced any particular issues operating the GTF in these rugged circumstances:
“We have not implemented any specific procedures to mitigate potential challenges due to harsh
weather conditions and operations north of the Arctic Circle”,
the airline tells Airinsight.
“We are most satisfied with the fuel efficiency on the PW1900s.
So far experiences on the engines confirm the figures on fuel consumption.
To the extent it exceeds the initial promises from Pratt & Whitney”, a spokesperson says.
This means that Wideroe’s Embraer E190-E2s demonstrate fuel burn
better than the 17.3 percent reported by the Brazilian planemaker.


Helvetic:

“We are satisfied with the reliability of the GTF taking into account that it is a new generation engine.
However, we don’t have values yet like on the Neo-Family.”
A spokesperson adds that the engine has worked fine for Helvetic, although it had needed extra
inspections following the Airworthiness Directive that covered both the PW1500G and PW1900G.
”Our GTF-Engines on the Embraer 190-E2 didn’t have any operational restrictions so far.
But we performed our borescope inspections as required by the AD and we didn’t have any findings so far.
On fuel consumption, Helvetic is happy to confirm that the E2s meet the 17.3 percent improvement
that’s been advertised by Embraer:
“The 17.3 percent fuel reduction was the official figure in comparison to the E1.
Our experience shows, that the fuel efficiency of the E2 is even higher.
Depending on the route length, we had fuel savings of up to 25 percent compared to the E1.
This is surely due to the new GTF-engine but as well due to
the highly efficient E2 aircraft (highly efficient wing and lighter aircraft).”


If you guys are interested this is the Embraer website for the commercial products which list the actual range and weights of each model.

https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... jets/e195/

Below is the listing and description of the commercial Pratt and Whitney engines.

https://prattwhitney.com/products-and-s ... al-engines
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:57 am

Oliver2020 wrote:
If you guys are interested this is the Embraer website for the commercial products which list the actual range and weights of each model.
https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... jets/e195/

The link you cited is for the E195-E1.

This is the correct link for the E2 family:
https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... e-jets-e2/

And for the E195-E2 specifically:
https://www.embraercommercialaviation.c ... rcial-jet/
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 22421
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:07 am

EMBSPBR wrote:
Depending on the route length, we had fuel savings of up to 25 percent compared to the E1.

Now that is an interesting figure. I would like to know what mission profile is a 25% fuel savings. I've modeled the engines and have a good estimate, but I would like to find out from the airlines to test my model.

Lightsaber
7 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:32 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
frigatebird wrote:
As you can see the commercial flights are performed by PH-NXB, KL's 2nd E295. PH-NXA cannot fly as it has unspecified "engine troubles" (source Dutch aviation forum Scramble, member Bennie in the KLM thread).


If the problem is with the frame itself, you can blame Embraer.
If the problem is with the engine, you can blame PW.

Source: https://airinsight.com/happy-birthday-g ... ay-part-2/

Happy birthday GTF – what airlines say
by Richard Schuurman | Mar 3, 2021

Excerpts:
Lufthansa, too, has had its share of issues that had a negative impact on operations.
It suffered in-flight shutdowns, low-pressure turbine, and high-pressure compressor issues that
requested inspections or engine removals, especially in the first two to three years.
“The initial major problems have now been largely resolved and performance, e.g. in terms of fuel consumption, is fine.
We are currently working with the manufacturers to extend the service intervals, i.e. the time between two engine overhauls.”

“A lot of progress has been made in this area since the introduction of the aircraft type, but we are not yet at the level of the previous engine generations.
Engine overhauls are the biggest cost item in terms of maintenance costs for the economic operation of aircraft, and this is where we are in dialog with Pratt & Whitney.”

And ...

“SWISS is generally satisfied with the improvement in fuel consumption. We kindly ask you for your understanding that we don’t communicate specific numbers.”

While it suffered two uncontained failures on the PW1500G, the airline believes these issues are in the past:
“The issue is understood and has been addressed with several operational measures and restrictions.
We are satisfied with the performance and the operation is fully safe and normal. We are operating again up to FL410 since November 2020.”
“The reliability of the engine has improved considerably with recent software and hardware updates.
From a safety and operational perspective, SWISS is generally satisfied with the current engine performance.”


frigatebird wrote:
Sorry having to dampen your enthusiasm :raincloud:

Don´t bother yourself ... My sun is always bright shinning ... :spin:


https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/red ... 43.article

It remains to be seen to what extent this phenomenon observed in the PW1500G also affects the PW1900G units? Was it just chance that prevented these problems on the 190E2 / 195E2 planes?
 
User avatar
sunking737
Posts: 1748
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:03 pm

Without having to dig back posts for this information. At 132 ish seating why don't more airlines order the E2 and have mainline fly?? At 132 that is the same size as the DC930 Correct??
"Don't believe it unless its parked on the ramp, or printed in the schedule...SUBJECT TO CHANGE"
Retired MSP Ramper
 
bigb
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:58 pm

sunking737 wrote:
Without having to dig back posts for this information. At 132 ish seating why don't more airlines order the E2 and have mainline fly?? At 132 that is the same size as the DC930 Correct??


Because they want widen the scope first and these place these plans at the regional carriers with the regional wages.....
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Nean1 wrote:
https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/red ... 43.article
It remains to be seen to what extent this phenomenon observed in the PW1500G also affects the PW1900G units? Was it just chance that prevented these problems on the 190E2 / 195E2 planes?


lightsaber wrote:
Lightsaber


Maybe Lightsaber can enlighten us here ...
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:09 pm

bigb wrote:
sunking737 wrote:
Without having to dig back posts for this information. At 132 ish seating why don't more airlines order the E2 and have mainline fly?? At 132 that is the same size as the DC930 Correct??


Because they want widen the scope first and these place these plans at the regional carriers with the regional wages.....


The E190-E2 and E195-E2 were not conceived with the scope clauses in mind ...
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 pm

Congratulations to BELAVIA from Minsk that turns 25 today.
To mark the occasion, its next E2 has a special “25” livery.

The plane is an E195-E2, msn 19020049, prefix 19020049 and will be delivered next week to the operator.

Source:
https://twitter.com/embraer?ref_src=tws ... r%5Eauthor

Image
 
Jungleneer
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:17 pm

Nean1 wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
frigatebird wrote:
As you can see the commercial flights are performed by PH-NXB, KL's 2nd E295. PH-NXA cannot fly as it has unspecified "engine troubles" (source Dutch aviation forum Scramble, member Bennie in the KLM thread).


If the problem is with the frame itself, you can blame Embraer.
If the problem is with the engine, you can blame PW.

Source: https://airinsight.com/happy-birthday-g ... ay-part-2/

Happy birthday GTF – what airlines say
by Richard Schuurman | Mar 3, 2021

Excerpts:
Lufthansa, too, has had its share of issues that had a negative impact on operations.
It suffered in-flight shutdowns, low-pressure turbine, and high-pressure compressor issues that
requested inspections or engine removals, especially in the first two to three years.
“The initial major problems have now been largely resolved and performance, e.g. in terms of fuel consumption, is fine.
We are currently working with the manufacturers to extend the service intervals, i.e. the time between two engine overhauls.”

“A lot of progress has been made in this area since the introduction of the aircraft type, but we are not yet at the level of the previous engine generations.
Engine overhauls are the biggest cost item in terms of maintenance costs for the economic operation of aircraft, and this is where we are in dialog with Pratt & Whitney.”

And ...

“SWISS is generally satisfied with the improvement in fuel consumption. We kindly ask you for your understanding that we don’t communicate specific numbers.”

While it suffered two uncontained failures on the PW1500G, the airline believes these issues are in the past:
“The issue is understood and has been addressed with several operational measures and restrictions.
We are satisfied with the performance and the operation is fully safe and normal. We are operating again up to FL410 since November 2020.”
“The reliability of the engine has improved considerably with recent software and hardware updates.
From a safety and operational perspective, SWISS is generally satisfied with the current engine performance.”


frigatebird wrote:
Sorry having to dampen your enthusiasm :raincloud:

Don´t bother yourself ... My sun is always bright shinning ... :spin:


https://www.flightglobal.com/safety/red ... 43.article

It remains to be seen to what extent this phenomenon observed in the PW1500G also affects the PW1900G units? Was it just chance that prevented these problems on the 190E2 / 195E2 planes?


From what I recall, I may be wrong, but the E2 bleed valves/system is customized by Embraer. Therefore it is great the chance that E2 uses another valve and is not susceptible to this phenomenon.
 
bigb
Posts: 1352
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:34 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
bigb wrote:
sunking737 wrote:
Without having to dig back posts for this information. At 132 ish seating why don't more airlines order the E2 and have mainline fly?? At 132 that is the same size as the DC930 Correct??


Because they want widen the scope first and these place these plans at the regional carriers with the regional wages.....


The E190-E2 and E195-E2 were not conceived with the scope clauses in mind ...


That doesn’t change the goal of mainline management in the US.....
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:44 pm

frigatebird wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
Source:
https://twitter.com/KLM/status/1366392351913041926

First flight of E195-E2 KLM Cityhooper AMS-WAR today, March 1st., 2021.

Image


As you can see the commercial flights are performed by PH-NXB, KL's 2nd E295. PH-NXA cannot fly as it has unspecified "engine troubles" (source Dutch aviation forum Scramble, member Bennie in the KLM thread).

Sorry having to dampen your enthusiasm :raincloud:


As per flightradar24, PH-NXA performed its first regular flights today to Warsaw WAW) and Berlin (BER):
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ph-nxa
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:20 am

It is impressive see how small the 195E2's horizontal tail span (10 m) are, the same size as those adopted in the 175E1. Are they identical? The span of 190E1's tail is 12 meters (+20%).

It is known that full-FBY control systems allow the aircraft's center of gravity to be slightly receded, resulting in less effort on the elevators.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:23 pm

Embraer delivered today to BELAVIA its second E195-E2 with the special “25” livery as a tribute to its 25th. anniversary.

The plane is the msn 19020049, prefix EW-553PO.

Source:
https://www.planespotters.net/deliveries

Flight path:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/b22024

Photo courtesy by Embraer.
Image
Last edited by EMBSPBR on Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:31 pm

Embraer delivered today to HelveticAirways its 8th. E190-E2.

The plane is the msn 19020046, prefix HB-AZH.

Source:
https://www.planespotters.net/deliveries

Live now on flightradar24:
https://www.flightradar24.com/OAW9417/270dd109
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:02 pm

BELAVIA and the E195-E2 with the special “25” livery as a tribute to its 25th. anniversary.

Photo courtesy by aeroin.net
Image
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm

BELAVIA and the E195-E2 with the special “25” livery arriving in Minsk, MSQ, Belarus.

Source:
https://www.planespotters.net/photo/116 ... 90-400-std

Image
 
concordeforever
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:00 pm

And it's EW-563PO, not 553 as posted before.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:15 pm

concordeforever wrote:
And it's EW-563PO, not 553 as posted before.


Thank you for the correction !!! :old:
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Second E195-E2 delivered today to Air Peace, msn 19020040, prefix 5N-BYG:
Source:
https://www.flightradar24.com/APK7440/271bb625
Last edited by EMBSPBR on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Delivered today the 4th. E195-E2 to Binter Canarias, msn 19020048, prefix EC-NNV.
Source:
https://www.aeroin.net/embraer-entrega- ... -canarias/
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
Delivered today the 4th. E195-E2 to Binter Canarias, msn 19020048, prefix EC-NNV.
Source:
https://www.aeroin.net/embraer-entrega- ... -canarias/


On its way to Spain right now:
https://www.flightradar24.com/ECNNV/271e3ae0
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:30 pm

The 8th. E190-E2 on March 12nd.

The plane is the msn 19020046, prefix HB-AZH.

The Swiss carrier will also add 4 brand new E195-E2s on European summer.

Source:
https://twitter.com/embraer?ref_src=tws ... r%5Eauthor

Image
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:35 pm

VV wrote:
What's the news on the E175-E2?

Is the flight test article flying?
When is the second flight test article going to fly?


Hope you fellows enjoy the movie ...

A-29 Super Tucano, Praetor 600, KC-390 Millenium and E175-E2:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1372596258703953921
 
tvh
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:28 pm

https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??
 
FluidFlow
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:39 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:47 pm

tvh wrote:
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??


Very interesting and it would be great for the Type. I expect 190-E2 to get certification for LCY, as the 190-E1 has the approval, but I did not expect the 195 to even be considered for LCY operations.
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:25 pm

FluidFlow wrote:
tvh wrote:
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??


Very interesting and it would be great for the Type. I expect 190-E2 to get certification for LCY, as the 190-E1 has the approval, but I did not expect the 195 to even be considered for LCY operations.


Article states second halve of 2022. So testing and certification probably first halve of 2022.
 
MEA-707
Posts: 3855
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 1999 4:51 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:35 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
The 8th. E190-E2 on March 12nd.

The plane is the msn 19020046, prefix HB-AZH.

The Swiss carrier will also add 4 brand new E195-E2s on European summer.

Source:
https://twitter.com/embraer?ref_src=tws ... r%5Eauthor

Image

I feel a bit a nitpicking nerd, but your use of the word "prefix" is wrong. Better write 'registration'. Prefix is used for the first part of something. I can understand the confusion, you probably read once for instance, all Swiss airplanes have HB as prefix.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?
 
Jungleneer
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:09 pm

tvh wrote:
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??


The 195E2 certification numbers ended up being much better than expected. Therefore the model is already able to takeoff and land in 1300 m runways, according to embraercommercialaviation.com website. Azul is operating the model in Santos Dumont (SDU) with full pax, and it is a 1260 m runway. In London City, I believe that the higher sink rate due to steep approach must be the most challenging part due to aircraft weight, even more than the runway dimension.
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 pm

https://simpleflying.com/embraer-e2-quiet/

"...In comparison to other narrowbodies on the market, the Embraer E2 successfully outclasses them all. Its close competitor, the Airbus A220-300, is 11% nosier when measured in EMPdB than the E195-E2.

Other examples see it competing well with other new technology aircraft, and remarkably outshining older planes. The E190-E2, for example, measures 28% lower noise perception than the A321neo, and a staggering 50% less noise than the original A321ceo."

Obviously, being the jet aircraft that generates less noise can mean less airport charges and more stopover options at central airports.

This is due to the innovative PW GTF engines and also to the meticulous and exhaustive design of the wings.
 
DUSZRH
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:39 pm

I’m not so sure, I find the comparison convincing. Given that noise increases with size, it seems they’re all relatively similar in noise levels. The 223 being ~15% larger than the 195 and the 321 being double the size (of the 190). And it kind of makes sense as the Engines are all very similar.

I’m always a bit sceptical of this kind of PR... (so I also assume it’s the best shining comparison Embraer has found)
 
tvh
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:32 am

Jungleneer wrote:
tvh wrote:
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??


The 195E2 certification numbers ended up being much better than expected. Therefore the model is already able to takeoff and land in 1300 m runways, according to embraercommercialaviation.com website. Azul is operating the model in Santos Dumont (SDU) with full pax, and it is a 1260 m runway. In London City, I believe that the higher sink rate due to steep approach must be the most challenging part due to aircraft weight, even more than the runway dimension.


If this all comes true, can we except an order from BA CityFlyer.
 
danipawa
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:27 pm

any news with the 175E2? no customers yet?
 
User avatar
Crosswind
Posts: 2653
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2000 4:34 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Jungleneer wrote:
The 195E2 certification numbers ended up being much better than expected. Therefore the model is already able to takeoff and land in 1300 m runways, according to embraercommercialaviation.com website. Azul is operating the model in Santos Dumont (SDU) with full pax, and it is a 1260 m runway. In London City, I believe that the higher sink rate due to steep approach must be the most challenging part due to aircraft weight, even more than the runway dimension.


People always get hung up on runway length as the performance issue at London City, but for take off it’s almost always obstacle limited rather than runway length limited. So even if the runway was extended - which it won’t be - the performance issues remain due to the buildings and bridges on the flightpath. For landing the E190 can already land at max landing weight on a wet runway so that’s rarely an issue.

There’s no doubt that the E2-190 should have superior performance to the E1. Would be interesting to see how the E2-195 performs.
 
inkjet7
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:32 am

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:26 pm

tvh wrote:
https://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/ is saying that KLM cityhopper is going to use the 195-E2 to London city in the future. Is there a stol version planned ??

Are the TODA's for 27 and 09 still 1199 meters as limited by the code 2 runway designation? If not they would be 1385 and 1319 meters respectively. Which would give it a chance, considering LCY - AMS is only a short hop.
--
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:28 am

https://simpleflying.com/embraer-e2-quietest-jet/

In order to reduce noise during landing and take-off, it was possibly decisive to change the design of the flaps, which on the E1 are double-slotted and on the E2 have increased in size and have become single-slotted and with a cleaner design.
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:56 pm

https://simpleflying.com/helvetic-embra ... fficiency/

Again Helvetica indicating that the reduction in consumption of 190E2 vs 190E1 is of the order of 20%, more favorable than the manufacturer's indicated 17.3%. The combination of (1) PW GTF PIPs, (2) some increase in MTOW and (3) the best observed consumption should allow, in some years, a significant increase in maximum range.

Currently the maximum range of the 190E2 is 2850 nm, for the 195E2 the range is 2600 nm.
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Third E195-E2 delivered on April 19, 2021 to KLM Cityhopper, msn 19020051, registration PH-NXC:

Source:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 71848.html
 
User avatar
EMBSPBR
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:35 pm

First E195-E2 to be delivered to Helvetic Airways in the final assembly stage at Embraer's facilities in São José dos Campos (SJK).
The plane will receive the registration number HB-AZI.
The company has previously received 8 E190-E2 aircraft and this is the first of an order for 4 E195-E2 aircraft.

In a recent interview, Tobias Pogorevc, CEO of Helvetic Airways said:
"The Embraer E2 achieves a good balance between seating capacity, range, fuel consumption and environmentally friendly operation".

Photo courtesy of aeroin.net.
Source: https://www.aeroin.net/o-primeiro-aviao ... -tem-asas/

Image
 
Someone83
Posts: 5310
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:06 pm

Further delay on the E175-E2 by one year. New entry into service date: 2014

https://www.flightglobal.com/airframers ... 30.article

Embraer has delayed the E175-E2’s service entry by one year, until 2024, saying it is continuing certification work on the regional jet, but on a revised timeline.
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Further delay on the E175-E2 by one year. New entry into service date: 2014

https://www.flightglobal.com/airframers ... 30.article

Embraer has delayed the E175-E2’s service entry by one year, until 2024, saying it is continuing certification work on the regional jet, but on a revised timeline.


I wonder that this way it would not be possible to certify the 175E2 model with just one prototype, with much less disbursement.
 
T4thH
Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Further delay on the E175-E2 by one year. New entry into service date: 2014

https://www.flightglobal.com/airframers ... 30.article

Embraer has delayed the E175-E2’s service entry by one year, until 2024, saying it is continuing certification work on the regional jet, but on a revised timeline.


This starts to sound more like "indefinite" slowly. Or let us say...not only any more slowly. As long it is not US scope compliant (and it will never get scope compliant, the scope has to be adapted to the E175-E2...what is unlikely...), there is and will be no need for them in the US and globally.

Russia has the SSJ, promoted by Russia government, China the ARJ21, promoted by the Chinese government and the rest of the world does not any more want/need a jet in the 76 seat size/below 100 seat size.
According last expectations, if I remember correctly....
Ex USA, Russia and China....maximum 60 for Europe (ex Russia, and these new build and already existing) and the rest of the world next to zero in the next 20 years new build below 100 seats regional jets? And these already includes the 99 seat category by French law for regional airlines in France?

So without scope clause change in the US, the E175-E2 will fit in, no E175-E2? It seems to be a Dodo, extinct, even before ever flown.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 11871
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 pm

T4thH wrote:
So without scope clause change in the US, the E175-E2 will fit in, no E175-E2? It seems to be a Dodo, extinct, even before ever flown.

The E175-E2 first flew over a year ago.


I agrees it’s commercial prospects are dim unless US scope clauses are relaxed to allow it though. Maybe they can make a go at the business jet market though.
 
Nean1
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Embraer E2 Testing/Production Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm

T4thH wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Further delay on the E175-E2 by one year. New entry into service date: 2014

https://www.flightglobal.com/airframers ... 30.article

Embraer has delayed the E175-E2’s service entry by one year, until 2024, saying it is continuing certification work on the regional jet, but on a revised timeline.


This starts to sound more like "indefinite" slowly. Or let us say...not only any more slowly. As long it is not US scope compliant (and it will never get scope compliant, the scope has to be adapted to the E175-E2...what is unlikely...), there is and will be no need for them in the US and globally.

Russia has the SSJ, promoted by Russia government, China the ARJ21, promoted by the Chinese government and the rest of the world does not any more want/need a jet in the 76 seat size/below 100 seat size.
According last expectations, if I remember correctly....
Ex USA, Russia and China....maximum 60 for Europe (ex Russia, and these new build and already existing) and the rest of the world next to zero in the next 20 years new build below 100 seats regional jets? And these already includes the 99 seat category by French law for regional airlines in France?

So without scope clause change in the US, the E175-E2 will fit in, no E175-E2? It seems to be a Dodo, extinct, even before ever flown.


By that logic, as of 2028, regional airlines from all over the western world will have to settle for the ATR-72, not least because it is very unlikely that an entirely new project will be ready in less than 7 years.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos