Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:44 am

Update 15th June 2021:
Cebu Pacific has parked both A330ceo MSN 1420 RP-C3341 and 1435 RP-C3342 at CAN for reportedly pre-return lease check.

Waiting for final confirmation. Cebu Pacific has been sending their retired airframe to CAN for MRO prior to sending to new owner or returning to lessor.
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-202 397 EI-DAA Aer Lingus ferried 14 June 2021 CQM-FNI, ex F-WWKK
Airbus A330-302 893 EI-EIL Aer Lingus ferried 14 June 2021 DUB-FNI, for onward storage, ex A7-AEM
Airbus A330-243 1451 D-AAAQ Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANO
Airbus A330-243 1466 D-AAAS Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANP
Airbus A330-343 1545 9M-XXT AirAsia X ferried 13 June 2021 KUL-MNL, after storage, ex F-WWKT
Airbus A330-343 1711 D-AFYR Eurowings Discover ferried 14 June 2021 CHR-MLA, HB-reg after paint, prior delivery, ex HB-JHR
Airbus A340-313 668 F-WTBJ Azur Aviation ferried 16 June 2021 AMM-SQQ, prior delivery to Kam Air, ex F-OLOV
 
FlyingHonu001
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:33 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:47 pm

For anyone whos interested: 12x Airbus A340-600 (LH) now for sale through MyAirTrade,
D-AIHB, D-AIH, C, D-AIHD, D-AIHE, D-AIHF, D-AIHH, D-AIHK, D-AIHL, D-AIHW, D-AIHX, D-AIHY, D-AIHZ.

https://www.myairtrade.com/available/A340

All currently stored at TEV, awaiting a potential buyer.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:37 pm

audidudi wrote:
Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):
Airbus A330-243 1451 D-AAAQ Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANO
Airbus A330-243 1466 D-AAAS Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANP

These two must be youngest A330 to be converted. What a waste, but they live on as freighter.
 
mark1484
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:47 am

5A-ONE ferried from Istanbul to Tripoli 20th June.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:58 am

mark1484 wrote:
5A-ONE ferried from Istanbul to Tripoli 20th June.

Oh dear, all the best to her. Hopefully it won't be bombed into shreds.
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:30 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-243 1293 9H-GKL Aircastle seen re-regd at WOE 06 July 2021, still in Virgin Australia c/s, ex VH-XFC
Airbus A330-302 1370 VP-BUP Nordwind Airlines delivery 02 July 2021 LETL-SVO, ex M-ABLW
Airbus A340-313 194 3B-NBD Air Mauritius ferried 02 July 2021 MRU-ENS, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWJP
Airbus A340-642 753 G-ECLB European Aviation ferried 02 July 2021 BOH-AUH, ex G-VFIT
 
User avatar
Iemand91
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:38 pm

audidudi wrote:
Airbus A340-313 194 3B-NBD Air Mauritius ferried 02 July 2021 MRU-ENS, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWJP

About 2 hours ago her sisterschip 3B-NBE departed MRU for the final time, heading also for Twente for part-out and scrap.
Expected arrival is around 9 in the tomorrow morning.

Paille en Queue was the last remaining Air Mauritius A340-300. Another A340 operator gone...
 
Breathe
Posts: 876
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Iemand91 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Airbus A340-313 194 3B-NBD Air Mauritius ferried 02 July 2021 MRU-ENS, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWJP

About 2 hours ago her sisterschip 3B-NBE departed MRU for the final time, heading also for Twente for part-out and scrap.
Expected arrival is around 9 in the tomorrow morning.

Paille en Queue was the last remaining Air Mauritius A340-300. Another A340 operator gone...

Yes indeed. Air Mauritius was one of the longest users of the A340. It took delivery of its first A340 back in May 1994. After 27 years of service its a bit of an ignominious end for what was once the backbone of its long haul fleet, but since the events of last year it I guess we can't really expect fanfare of a farewell for the exits of such fleets as well as the bad optics it would be for Air Mauritius given their financial situation.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Breathe wrote:
Iemand91 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Airbus A340-313 194 3B-NBD Air Mauritius ferried 02 July 2021 MRU-ENS, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWJP

About 2 hours ago her sisterschip 3B-NBE departed MRU for the final time, heading also for Twente for part-out and scrap.
Expected arrival is around 9 in the tomorrow morning.

Paille en Queue was the last remaining Air Mauritius A340-300. Another A340 operator gone...

Yes indeed. Air Mauritius was one of the longest users of the A340. It took delivery of its first A340 back in May 1994. After 27 years of service its a bit of an ignominious end for what was once the backbone of its long haul fleet, but since the events of last year it I guess we can't really expect fanfare of a farewell for the exits of such fleets as well as the bad optics it would be for Air Mauritius given their financial situation.

Image

Uploading its fleet page here as memory. Seat map here: https://www.airmauritius.com/docs/defau ... d542b159_2
 
dcajet
Posts: 5106
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Airbus A330-202 899 CS-TOM TAP Portugal, stored at GIG since 7/20 to join Aerolíneas Argentinas as LV-KAO
 
dcajet
Posts: 5106
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:24 pm

dcajet wrote:
Airbus A330-202 899 CS-TOM TAP Portugal, stored at GIG since 7/20 to join Aerolíneas Argentinas as LV-KAO


Airbus A330-202 877 CS-TOL TAP Portugal, stored at MZJ to join Aerolíneas Argentinas as LV-KAN

Both leased from TrueAero and to replace PW powered A332 LV.FNI/J, whose leases are up.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:59 am

After few months of storage, A330-203 MSN 871 finally saw commercial services again although as a freighter.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-lfs
https://twitter.com/picsthomasgg/status ... 8424201218
https://twitter.com/FlightService_/stat ... 1602903045
https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5eaf143 ... %20871.pdf

Built in July 2013 as prototype for USAF United States Air Force tanker project, it went into storage immediately in Tel Aviv for few years before AELF picked her up. Got to be the lowest hours/cycle A332 around.
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:46 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-343(F) 713 G-EODS Titan Airways ferried 11 July 2021 DRS-CHR, EI-reg for paint prior delivery, ex EI-GTT
Airbus A330-202 877 LV-KAN Aerolíneas Argentinas for delivery 4Q 2021, ex MZJ, ex CS-TOL
Airbus A330-202 899 LV-KAO Aerolíneas Argentinas acc flt 08 July 2021 GIG-ASU-GIG, CS-reg prior delivery, ex CS-TOM
Airbus A330-343 937 9H-SMC SmartLynx Airlines Malta delivery 08-10 July 2021 BHX-MLA-RIX, all white, ex OE-INJ
Airbus A330-343 1065 VQ-BCU ? ferried 08 July 2021 SIN-CRK, still in Thai AirAsia X c/s, ex HS-XTL
Airbus A330-302 1106 G-EILA Aer Lingus UK regd 05 July 2021 on transfer, parked at DUB, ex EI-ELA
Airbus A330-243 1293 9H-GKL Global Knaifim Leasing regd at WOE 07 July 2021, still in Virgin Australia c/s, ex VH-XFC
Airbus A330-243 1407 VH-XFG Floreat Aviation ferried 09-10 July 2021 MEL-AUH-LDE, ex F-WWTU
Airbus A330-343 1427 2-AODZ Langdon Asset Management ferried 09 July 2021 LETL-GVA-FNI, prior delivery to?, ex A4O-DZ
Airbus A330-343 1779 9H-HFA HiFly Malta acc flt at MLA 08 July 2021, ex 2-HHLL
Airbus A330-343 1907 F-WWYH/B-LHJ (Hong Kong Airlines ntu) Airbus ferried 08 July 2021 CHR-TLS prior delivery to?
Airbus A340-313 268 3B-NBE Air Mauritius ferried 10 July 2021 MRU-ENS, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWJG
 
TEBfan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:47 pm

Latest photo from Teruel, Spain confirms that the following have or are in the process of being scrapped:

A340-312 MSN 041 CS-TOA TAP Air Portugal
A340-312 MSN 044 CS-TOB TAP Air Portugal
A340-312 MSN 079 CS-TOC TAP Air Portugal
A340-312 MSN 091 CS-TOD TAP Air Portugal
A330-202 MSN 511 EI-GGO Castlelake ex. QATAR/Air Italy
A330-202 MSN 521 EI-GGP Castlelake ex. QATAR/Air Italy
A330-202 MSN 571 EI-GFX Castlelake ex. QATAR/Air Italy
A330-202 MSN 638 EI-GGR Castlelake ex. QATAR/Air Italy

Three of the A340s and one of the A330s have already been chopped up, you can see remnants of the A340s in the scrap pile.

https://twitter.com/aeropuerteruel/stat ... 17/photo/3
 
User avatar
Iemand91
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am

KLM's A330-200 PH-AOM is currently being flown from Amsterdam to nearby Woensdrecht: https://www.flightradar24.com/KLM330/288cbf26
She has been phased-out.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Iemand91 wrote:
KLM's A330-200 PH-AOM is currently being flown from Amsterdam to nearby Woensdrecht: https://www.flightradar24.com/KLM330/288cbf26
She has been phased-out.

Here is her arriving into WOE. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 3663445087 joining few other A320/A330 currently there.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 23109
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:34 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):
Airbus A330-243 1451 D-AAAQ Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANO
Airbus A330-243 1466 D-AAAS Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANP

These two must be youngest A330 to be converted. What a waste, but they live on as freighter.

I couldn't find those on airfleets, but just picking an airline with lots of A330 deliveries:
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1451.htm August 2013 first flight
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1466.htm October 2013 first flight

This tells us the state of resale values when 7.5 to 8 year old A330s are being converted. Unfortunately, a widebody looking for a home is either a very new model or needs to be considered for freight stock. The options are:
1. Store for years with zero cash flow until the passenger market recovers
2. Scrap
3. Sell for freight conversion

As much as I think the A330 is a great aircraft, by the time the market recovers these aircraft will have aged (relative reduction in value) and many new A350, 787, or A321xLR will have been delivered.

From the lastest and prior aircraft values threads
viewtopic.php?t=1449067
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1460947
Current values:

A330-200 – $8.0 - 51.0M, $90-440,000 vs. spring 2020 pricing A330-200 – $12.7 - 70.0M, $125-600,000

A330-300 - $6.0 - 58.0M, $90-480,000 vs. 2020 spring pricing of A330-300 - $8.5 - 85.5M, $100-660,000
A330-900 - $90.5 - 110.0M, $550-820,000
A350-900 - $77.0 - 149.0M, $450-1,030,000


We see a brand new A330-900 is basically selling for what the A333 sold for a year ago and A333 pricing has been hit hard with scrap values pushed down. Do you hold onto an aircraft funding storage and maintenance for years or sell now for depressed pricing? The freight market is putting a floor on A330 resale values and will suck up surplus capacity as the years progress.

It will take first a much better global vaccination then time for long haul demand to recover.

Lightsaber
 
Flying-Tiger
Posts: 4152
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 1999 5:35 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:31 am

lightsaber wrote:
We see a brand new A330-900 is basically selling for what the A333 sold for a year ago and A333 pricing has been hit hard with scrap values pushed down. Do you hold onto an aircraft funding storage and maintenance for years or sell now for depressed pricing? The freight market is putting a floor on A330 resale values and will suck up surplus capacity as the years progress.

It will take first a much better global vaccination then time for long haul demand to recover.

Lightsaber


Or, as an alternative, a freight carrier taking up a significant number of used A330-200/300 to replace long-haul pax travel. Question is "only": what is significant enough to move the market? Is DHL´s recent announcement to add another 11 A330 P2F already significant enough, or still too small?
 
oldJoe
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Flying-Tiger wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
We see a brand new A330-900 is basically selling for what the A333 sold for a year ago and A333 pricing has been hit hard with scrap values pushed down. Do you hold onto an aircraft funding storage and maintenance for years or sell now for depressed pricing? The freight market is putting a floor on A330 resale values and will suck up surplus capacity as the years progress.

It will take first a much better global vaccination then time for long haul demand to recover.

Lightsaber


Or, as an alternative, a freight carrier taking up a significant number of used A330-200/300 to replace long-haul pax travel. Question is "only": what is significant enough to move the market? Is DHL´s recent announcement to add another 11 A330 P2F already significant enough, or still too small?


EFW increases the conversions significantly.
2021 - 7
2022 - 14
2023 - 23 and than 25+
To achieve this, two new conversion lines are being built, one in Mobile and one in Shanghai. I guess this will move the market

source in German only :
https://www.aero.de/news-40023/EFW-weitet-A330P2F-Produktion-deutliche-aus.html
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:29 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-202 269 EI-LAX Aer Lingus ferried 30 July 2021 SNN-NOC, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWKV
Airbus A330-302 623 VP-CNV Castlelake ferried 28 July 2021 NOC-EGBP, ex A7-AEA
Airbus A330-343 791 HS-XTJ Thai AirAsia X ferried 29 July 2021 DMK-CHR, on return to lessor, ex M-ABLL
Airbus A330-203 1161 PH-AOM KLM Royal Dutch Airlines ferried 26 July 2021 AMS-WOE, basic c/s, ex F-WWKP
Airbus A340-313 207 9H-xxx AirHub Airlines delivery 27 July 2021 KBL-SQQ, YA-reg, ex YA-WTA
 
debonair
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:15 am

audidudi wrote:
Airbus A340-313 207 9H-xxx AirHub Airlines delivery 27 July 2021 KBL-SQQ, YA-reg, ex YA-WTA


Any idea why AirHub would take on such nearly 25yrs old airframe? Or will it operated for KamAir?!
 
danipawa
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:05 am

Avion express is adding A330 very soon to operate for Skycana
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:03 am

audidudi wrote:
Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-202 269 EI-LAX Aer Lingus ferried 30 July 2021 SNN-NOC, for part-out & scrap, ex F-WWKV
Airbus A330-302 623 VP-CNV Castlelake ferried 28 July 2021 NOC-EGBP, ex A7-AEA
Airbus A330-343 791 HS-XTJ Thai AirAsia X ferried 29 July 2021 DMK-CHR, on return to lessor, ex M-ABLL
Airbus A330-203 1161 PH-AOM KLM Royal Dutch Airlines ferried 26 July 2021 AMS-WOE, basic c/s, ex F-WWKP
Airbus A340-313 207 9H-xxx AirHub Airlines delivery 27 July 2021 KBL-SQQ, YA-reg, ex YA-WTA

ex- Qatar Airways Airbus A330-302 MSN 659 VP-CNW also joined her sibling MSN 623 at Kemble a week prior.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3962
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:43 am

lightsaber wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):
Airbus A330-243 1451 D-AAAQ Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANO
Airbus A330-243 1466 D-AAAS Lufthansa Technik seen regd 16 June 2021 at LEJ, prior freighter conversion, ex V5-ANP

These two must be youngest A330 to be converted. What a waste, but they live on as freighter.

I couldn't find those on airfleets, but just picking an airline with lots of A330 deliveries:
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1451.htm August 2013 first flight
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1466.htm October 2013 first flight

This tells us the state of resale values when 7.5 to 8 year old A330s are being converted. Unfortunately, a widebody looking for a home is either a very new model or needs to be considered for freight stock. The options are:
1. Store for years with zero cash flow until the passenger market recovers
2. Scrap
3. Sell for freight conversion

As much as I think the A330 is a great aircraft, by the time the market recovers these aircraft will have aged (relative reduction in value) and many new A350, 787, or A321xLR will have been delivered.

From the lastest and prior aircraft values threads
viewtopic.php?t=1449067
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1460947
Current values:

A330-200 – $8.0 - 51.0M, $90-440,000 vs. spring 2020 pricing A330-200 – $12.7 - 70.0M, $125-600,000

A330-300 - $6.0 - 58.0M, $90-480,000 vs. 2020 spring pricing of A330-300 - $8.5 - 85.5M, $100-660,000
A330-900 - $90.5 - 110.0M, $550-820,000
A350-900 - $77.0 - 149.0M, $450-1,030,000


We see a brand new A330-900 is basically selling for what the A333 sold for a year ago and A333 pricing has been hit hard with scrap values pushed down. Do you hold onto an aircraft funding storage and maintenance for years or sell now for depressed pricing? The freight market is putting a floor on A330 resale values and will suck up surplus capacity as the years progress.

It will take first a much better global vaccination then time for long haul demand to recover.

Lightsaber


On that note, look at A330-223 frames msn 891 and 927. Neither have flown anywhere in almost 2 years (891 was intended for N8, but they chose to take an ex-MT frame instead). I'm surprised that, since there is a conversion program available for P&W-powered frames, that Standard Chartered hasn't sold either for conversion to freighters. For GE-powered frames, however, I doubt such a program exists, and as such, those frames are likely bound for scrap, as is the case with the former QR/IG A332s. (If the owned MT A332s weren't so high in hours---they were scrapped at almost 100,000 hours---they could have been freighter conversion candidates.)

Also, if one is wondering why the 767 freighter conversion program (and new-build frames) are still going strong...the 767 is a Group 4 aircraft, while the A330 is a Group 5 aircraft (with the Boeing 777).
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:16 am

debonair wrote:
audidudi wrote:
Airbus A340-313 207 9H-xxx AirHub Airlines delivery 27 July 2021 KBL-SQQ, YA-reg, ex YA-WTA


Any idea why AirHub would take on such nearly 25yrs old airframe? Or will it operated for KamAir?!

Perhaps it was the cheapest and readily available airframe in the market. Most of the later ones South African Airways are locked in bankruptcy proceedings. Air Mauritius sent theirs for scrapping. Airbus has some ex-SAA on their inventory, not sure if they are up for sell though.
 
User avatar
JerseyFlyer
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:55 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
I'm surprised that, since there is a conversion program available for P&W-powered frames, that Standard Chartered hasn't sold either for conversion to freighters. For GE-powered frames, however, I doubt such a program exists, and as such, those frames are likely bound for scrap, as is the case with the former QR/IG A332s.


Is the reason for GE A330 frames not being converted to Fs because only PW and RR were certified for new-build A332Fs?
 
debonair
Posts: 4340
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 pm

danipawa wrote:
Avion express is adding A330 very soon to operate for Skycana


Source!? Any more information regarding their msn/previous operator!? Will the A330 operated by Avion Express Malta as well?!
 
danipawa
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:51 am

debonair wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Avion express is adding A330 very soon to operate for Skycana


Source!? Any more information regarding their msn/previous operator!? Will the A330 operated by Avion Express Malta as well?!


They are going to operate STI/SDQ-JFK

https://infoturdominicano.com/rd/exclus ... o-domingo/
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-243 751 DQ-FJO Fiji Airways ferried 03-05 Aug 2021 NAN-SYD-AUH, after lease, ex S7-ADB
Airbus A330-243 807 DQ-FJP Fiji Airways ferried 29 July 2021 NAN-AUH, after lease, ex S7-VDM
Airbus A330-343 964 EI-MAE Altavair AirFinance ferried 06 Aug 2021 CAN-DRS, for freighter conversion, for MasAir, ex B-6501
Airbus A330-343 1423 9M-XXJ AirAsia X ferried 06 Aug 2021 KUL-FNI, on return to lessor, ex F-WWTY
 
Flying-Tiger
Posts: 4152
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 1999 5:35 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:17 am

oldJoe wrote:
Flying-Tiger wrote:
Or, as an alternative, a freight carrier taking up a significant number of used A330-200/300 to replace long-haul pax travel. Question is "only": what is significant enough to move the market? Is DHL´s recent announcement to add another 11 A330 P2F already significant enough, or still too small?


EFW increases the conversions significantly.
2021 - 7
2022 - 14
2023 - 23 and than 25+
To achieve this, two new conversion lines are being built, one in Mobile and one in Shanghai. I guess this will move the market

source in German only :
https://www.aero.de/news-40023/EFW-weitet-A330P2F-Produktion-deutliche-aus.html


Guess we´ll now know who´s going to be on Airbus´ christmas card list for this year:

ATSG has secured conversion slots for A330 freighters as it continues to expand its mid-sized freighter options.

While announcing its second-quarter results, the lessor said that it had secured 20 conversion slots for A330 freighters.


https://www.aircargonews.net/business/atsg-to-add-first-a330s-as-demand-for-mid-sized-freighters-soars/

That should definately move the market longer-term.
 
AlexLexis
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Hi,

are there any A340-200 left in commercial aviation? (I think she looks so beauifiul, the proportions are just right!)

It seems only ConViasa YV3507 is still active, which might be difficult to catch.

Happy landings
Alex
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 am

AlexLexis wrote:
Hi,

are there any A340-200 left in commercial aviation? (I think she looks so beauifiul, the proportions are just right!)

It seems only ConViasa YV3507 is still active, which might be difficult to catch.

Happy landings
Alex

I don't know how accurate this list is, but it shows the ConViasa A340-200 frame as being YV1004.Their other frame is YV3507 which is an A340-300:

https://www.planespotters.net/productio ... 0/A340-200
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:10 am

AlexLexis wrote:
Hi,

are there any A340-200 left in commercial aviation? (I think she looks so beauifiul, the proportions are just right!)

It seems only ConViasa YV3507 is still active, which might be difficult to catch.

Happy landings
Alex

Apparently it has been quite active recently doing Caracas-Moscow-Tehran-Belgrade....https://twitter.com/search?q=conviasa%2 ... ery&f=live
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:24 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-343 356 T7-SRS San Marino Executive Aviation delivery 11 August 2021 CPH-ISL, N-reg, ex N356UK
Airbus A330-343 741 EC-NOF Wamos Air at XMN 12 August 2021 in full c/s, prior delivery, ex OE-IHK
Airbus A330-343 786 OE-IFR AerCap ferried 09 August 2021 SIN-WOE, Wamos Air c/s, reg EC-NOG res, ex HS-XTB
Airbus A330-343 964 EI-MAE Altavair AirFinance ferried 06 August 2021 CAN-DRS, for freighter conversion, for MasAir, ex B-6501
Airbus A330-302 1351 VP-BUH Nordwind Airlines delivery 09 August 2021 WOE-SVO, ex 2-VJWR
Airbus A330-343 1427 2-AODZ FPG Amentum ferried 12 August 2021 FNI-GVA-LETL, all white, ex A4O-DZ
Airbus A330-243F 1578 HA-LHU Wizz Air ferried 02 August 2021 BUD-MLA, for paint, ex A7-AFP
Airbus A330-343 1607 HZ-NE24 Flynas ferried 09 August 2021 ISL-WOE, TC-reg after paint, prior delivery, ex TC-LOJ
Airbus A330-202 1864 EC-NRF Iberia regd early August 2021 at MAD, Level c/s, ex F-HLVL
Airbus A330-202 1882 EC-NRG Iberia regd early August 2021 at MAD, Level c/s, ex F-HLVM
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:28 am

Spanish Government is planning to take three IB A332 for aerial refuelling tankers for its air force for €148 million.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/sp ... mqWDpogbqw
 
amdiesen
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:52 am

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Spanish Government is planning to take three IB A332 for aerial refuelling tankers for its air force for €148 million.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/sp ... mqWDpogbqw


smart. Turkey and Canada should apply this same thesis.
 
User avatar
JerseyFlyer
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:00 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Spanish Government is planning to take three IB A332 for aerial refuelling tankers for its air force for €148 million.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/sp ... mqWDpogbqw


From IB proper or from Level? If the latter what does that mean for Level?
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Has anyone kicked the tires on the former US/AA 332s and 333s?
 
A320B737NGCapt
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:18 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Has anyone kicked the tires on the former US/AA 332s and 333s?


I have a sneaky suspicion the AA 332’s will end up with ATSG, after their announcement for 20 A330 conversion options last week. (Just my opinion!)
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:18 pm

JerseyFlyer wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Spanish Government is planning to take three IB A332 for aerial refuelling tankers for its air force for €148 million.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/sp ... mqWDpogbqw


From IB proper or from Level? If the latter what does that mean for Level?

According to FG article, they are coming from IB, did not mention Level.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 3505
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:11 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
Spanish Government is planning to take three IB A332 for aerial refuelling tankers for its air force for €148 million.

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/sp ... mqWDpogbqw


From IB proper or from Level? If the latter what does that mean for Level?

According to FG article, they are coming from IB, did not mention Level.


I think if you look above some Level aircraft just were re-registered to IB.
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:34 pm

jbs2886 wrote:
RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
JerseyFlyer wrote:

From IB proper or from Level? If the latter what does that mean for Level?

According to FG article, they are coming from IB, did not mention Level.


I think if you look above some Level aircraft just were re-registered to IB.

I am aware of the reassigned A332 from Level to Iberia, but at this moment the negotiation between the Spanish government and Iberia/IAG management is still on-going. Therefore there isn't any additional information on which particular A332 will indeed be leaving the fleet, except it was made known that three A332 are indeed leaving Iberia upon successful conclusion of the deal.
 
bennett123
Posts: 10886
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:49 pm

A340 EC-MFA
A330 VP-CNW

Both being parted out at Kemble, undercarriage already removed.
 
AlexLexis
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:00 pm

RoyalBrunei757 wrote:
AlexLexis wrote:
Hi,

are there any A340-200 left in commercial aviation? (I think she looks so beauifiul, the proportions are just right!)

It seems only ConViasa YV3507 is still active, which might be difficult to catch.

Happy landings
Alex

Apparently it has been quite active recently doing Caracas-Moscow-Tehran-Belgrade....https://twitter.com/search?q=conviasa%2 ... ery&f=live


Thanks, both of you. Yes, it should be YV1004, what a beauty!
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:58 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-202 760 A7-ACT Qatar Airways re-delivery 14 Aug 2021 FNI-DOH, ex EI-GWV
Airbus A330-202 820 A7-ACS Qatar Airways re-delivery 14 Aug 2021 FNI-DOH, ex EI-GWW
Airbus A330-343 1401 M-MWYL DHL Air ferried 13 Aug 2021 CHR-DRS, for freighter conversion, regd 16 August 2021, ex 9H-HFC
Airbus A330-243F 1578 HA-LHU Wizz Air ferried 16 Aug 2021 MLA-BUD, after paint into Hungary Air Cargo c/s, ex A7-AFP
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:29 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-343(F) 713 G-EODS Titan Airways air-test 24 August 2021 at CHR, EI-reg, Geodis c/s (part of SNCF Logistics) prior delivery, ex EI-GTT
Airbus A330-303 1360 VP-BUI Nordwind Airlines delivery 18 August 2021 LETL-SVO, ex F-HXLF
Airbus A330-343 1624 TC-LOK Turkish Airlines ferried 27 August 2021 ISL-WOE, for Flynas, ex OE-IIV
Airbus A340-313 938 F-WTBE Azur Aviation ferried 19 August 2021 AMM-SQQ, for AirHub Airlines, ex OO-ABE
 
audidudi
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:46 pm

Latest movements (courtesy of skyliner-aviation.de):

Airbus A330-243 345 5A-OSA Fly Oya International delivery 02 Sept 2021 ISL-CAI, ex TC-OCG
Airbus A330-343 648 D-AIKH Lufthansa ferried 01 Sept 2021 FRA-SNN, for paint into Eurowings Discover c/s, ex F-WWKG
Airbus A330-343 1193 D-AFYQ Eurowings Discover first in svc 01 Sept 2021 FRA-PUJ-FRA, ex HB-JHQ
Airbus A330-343 1475 RP-C8785 Philippine Airlines ferried 30 Aug 2021 MNL-ASP, for onward storage, ex F-WWYQ
Airbus A330-343 1607 HZ-NE24 Flynas OE-regd 30 Aug 2021 prior delivery, ex WOE, ex OE-IDB
Airbus A330-343 1648 9V-SSH Singapore Airlines ferried 01-02 Sept 2021 SIN-SHJ-LETL, on return to lessor, ex F-WWKU
Airbus A340-642 753 G-ECLB European Cargo delivery 02 Sept 2021 AUH-BOH, ex G-VFIT
 
danipawa
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:16 am

Skycana Dominicana is adding an A330 C24 Y275 conf to fly JFK-STI/SDQ starting Dec. Any thoughts from where it wil come from
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: A330 and A340 Movements/Write-off/Retirements/Scrap Thread - 2021

Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:48 am

danipawa wrote:
Skycana Dominicana is adding an A330 C24 Y275 conf to fly JFK-STI/SDQ starting Dec. Any thoughts from where it wil come from

Air Europa most probably. All of their GE-powered A332 are configured in C24 Y275 and their A330 fleet have recently been retired due to pandemic and 787 deliveries.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos