Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AC4500

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 pm

pdxswa wrote:
Maybe you need to check flightaware ? Before you post something that is baseless claim about terminal E being dead.

AC4500 wrote:
pdxswa wrote:
Terminal E dead very laughable !

I'm just going off of what I saw when I was there. No need for the sarcastic attitude.

Ok, fair enough. The majority of WN's current PDX schedule has flights departing in the early morning hours or late evening hours. Around mid-day, which is when my flight departed, there are major gaps in their PDX schedule where there are very few or no scheduled flights at all. When I was in Concourse E, my departing flight was the only plane in WN's part of the terminal. It just seems like WN has potential to boost their mid-day departures at PDX. Like I said though, that was just my observation when I was there at the time.

EGEflyer

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:35 pm

I think people sometimes forget that WN “peaked” at PDX in July 2018 w/nearly 48 departures a day(POP Statistics).

I think they thought at that time (committed to E Concourse expansion) that they would grow to around 60 flights a day w/o having to use CUTE gates. Instead, they started reducing flights @ PDX, and accelerated that reduction as the MAX grounding left them short of airplanes. Now they’ll be short of aircraft for the foreseeable future, so it’s very likely PDX won’t see much WN growth back towards previous numbers of flights/destinations. I could see a few targeted adds here & there(maybe Hawaii & restore MCI when new terminal is completed), but not much.

If I was them, I’d be asking POP to get out of some of those six gates. They could probably live w/three, or four and use remote parking/tow for the RONs and spread the AM departures to make it work.

twincommander

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:57 pm

I see the airwhiners armchair CEOs are out in full force today...

Some of us are in the know. No airline has fully recovered at PDX yet, infact we are still 40% down in traffic.
With PDX getting subsidy money from the fed, i would expect more flying to return soon. Will WN add Hawaii? Maybe, but as of now, its not in the cards.
SY would have a better chance at it when they have the pilots and planes to bring it back.

flyoregon

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:10 pm

twincommander wrote:

Some of us are in the know. No airline has fully recovered at PDX yet, infact we are still 40% down in traffic.
With PDX getting subsidy money from the fed, i would expect more flying to return soon. Will WN add Hawaii? Maybe, but as of now, its not in the cards.
SY would have a better chance at it when they have the pilots and planes to bring it back.

Does PDX really need more Hawaii right now? We went from Hawaiians HNL route being operated on an A332 and downgauged to an A321 (sometimes upgauged to an A332 still), and AS flying the route as well. If the demand was there, wouldn’t AS add more capacity and/or HA fly the A332 every day?

jsta1981

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:18 pm

When did American Airlines start flying to jfk from PDX? I always thought it was Alaska, JetBlue, and delta flying to jfk from PDX.

AC4500

Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:20 pm

jsta1981 wrote:
When did American Airlines start flying to jfk from PDX? I always thought it was Alaska, JetBlue, and delta flying to jfk from PDX.

American doesn't fly JFK-PDX, unless they're codesharing on Alaska's flights. Alaska is adding a second daily JFK-PDX flight starting November 4th.

tphuang

Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:54 am

AC4500 wrote:
jsta1981 wrote:

American doesn't fly JFK-PDX, unless they're codesharing on Alaska's flights. Alaska is adding a second daily JFK-PDX flight starting November 4th.

AA only codeshares on JFK-PDX with B6.

AC4500

Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:17 am

flyoregon wrote:
twincommander wrote:

Does PDX really need more Hawaii right now? We went from Hawaiians HNL route being operated on an A332 and downgauged to an A321 (sometimes upgauged to an A332 still), and AS flying the route as well. If the demand was there, wouldn’t AS add more capacity and/or HA fly the A332 every day?

The demand may certainly be there, it's just that airlines like HA have found that utilizing their A332s on other routes will yield stronger profits.

Airnerd

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:49 pm

EGEflyer wrote:
lhpdx wrote:
FLYKTPA wrote:

This is wonderful news!!! I'm excitedly waiting to see what Alaska's big plans are for the airport...

I'll believe it when I see it. I find the concept laughable after AS made a point of saying that PDX wasn't a connecting hub for them when they terminated both the BLI and PSC routes.

If they're serious about using PDX to relieve pressure on space at SEA, then I think they need to start flight banks at PDX, and add service to the likes of BLI, PSC, EAT, PUW, reinstate PAE and EUG, and maybe boost some of their other flights. While they certainly have a decent spread of N/S destinations, the fact that many are only once daily, and spread throughout the day makes it impossible to run any kind of connecting hub.

As I see it, PDX is only a focus city for AS anymore, not a hub, and totally dependent on O&D traffic.

As a PDX-based flyer who's connected twice through SEA in the past week, I'll say that I think AS has to figure out a way to move more pax through its network without going through SEA. It's not working well at all. The terminal has become extremely crowded, you can barely walk through some parts at busy times now. And both of my flights arriving for connections were delayed waiting for gates to open up. Both departures were also delayed for various reasons including waiting on connecting pax. The terminal is cramped and poorly configured for connections on AS with flights using far flung areas (N and B) that require overcrowded train trips and/or long walks. Creating banks for connections in PDX seems like an obvious solution to me, but maybe there are other options? I often choose AS for my flights, but recent experiences connecting in SEA will have me taking a closer look at other options.

Chugach

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Airnerd wrote:
EGEflyer wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

This is wonderful news!!! I'm excitedly waiting to see what Alaska's big plans are for the airport...

I'll believe it when I see it. I find the concept laughable after AS made a point of saying that PDX wasn't a connecting hub for them when they terminated both the BLI and PSC routes.

If they're serious about using PDX to relieve pressure on space at SEA, then I think they need to start flight banks at PDX, and add service to the likes of BLI, PSC, EAT, PUW, reinstate PAE and EUG, and maybe boost some of their other flights. While they certainly have a decent spread of N/S destinations, the fact that many are only once daily, and spread throughout the day makes it impossible to run any kind of connecting hub.

As I see it, PDX is only a focus city for AS anymore, not a hub, and totally dependent on O&D traffic.

As a PDX-based flyer who's connected twice through SEA in the past week, I'll say that I think AS has to figure out a way to move more pax through its network without going through SEA. It's not working well at all. The terminal has become extremely crowded, you can barely walk through some parts at busy times now. And both of my flights arriving for connections were delayed waiting for gates to open up. Both departures were also delayed for various reasons including waiting on connecting pax. The terminal is cramped and poorly configured for connections on AS with flights using far flung areas (N and B) that require overcrowded train trips and/or long walks. Creating banks for connections in PDX seems like an obvious solution to me, but maybe there are other options? I often choose AS for my flights, but recent experiences connecting in SEA will have me taking a closer look at other options.

I usually avoid SEA if I can help it for all the same reasons. That said, it’ll get better once N is finished and open. That’s the only reason you see random AS flights operating out of B and S (although S will still get international arrivals). However, D is definitely showing some age and C is always a traffic jam at the C2 gates.

flyoregon

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Chugach wrote:
Airnerd wrote:
EGEflyer wrote:

I usually avoid SEA if I can help it for all the same reasons. That said, it’ll get better once N is finished and open. That’s the only reason you see random AS flights operating out of B and S (although S will still get international arrivals). However, D is definitely showing some age and C is always a traffic jam at the C2 gates.

Recently was booking a flight to SLC and I prefer to fly Alaska but the flight times from PDX didn’t work for my schedule this time unless I routed through SEA, so I booked on Delta instead. Flying through Seattle is too much of a hassle for a short flight like Salt Lake City.

jbpdx

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:21 pm

I won’t connect through SEA >.<

AC4500

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:39 pm

I'll be traveling to OAK on Saturday, connecting through SEA. The timing of the single AS nonstop option from PDX doesn't work for me, and the WN fares were very expensive (almost $300 one-way!). It's been a very long time since I connected through SEA, hopefully I won't have to do it again for awhile until the congestion issues improve there.

RWA380

Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:27 am

Airnerd wrote:
EGEflyer wrote:
lhpdx wrote:

That experience is not unique to AS, DL had a mess of things last my partner used them to go back East from RDM. The SEA-IAD flight was an A-319, which there were plenty of in SEA. It seems they run several T-cons & Mid-Cons with them, mostly on routes AS uses 7389's & 738's on, often times multiple dailies.

While DL had the lowest fare, the pickings were slim, a double connection on the return with a decent DTW connection & a 737-900ER, the rest of the other legs were all E-175's. The catch was a 4 hour layover in SEA on the return, they boarded & pushed back, then towed them back in after 30 minutes & told them, they had another aircraft ready to roll. They deplaned & went to the next terminal over & boarded another E-175 to RDM. They say for another 30 minutes, at this point it's 1.5 hours late & they talk about having to leave before crew timing out. Fortunately they arrived at mid-night vs the 10;30pm.

If SEA ever builds other gates, AS WILL do their best to fill them all. DL will do their best to get them, but I do not think they'll be able to effectively fill that many aircraft. Who knows, but with AA taking a gamble with some International routes from SEA, we may see something DL can't duplicate or compete with. Both will fly SEA-LHR with their best products. AS flyer base will fill AA flights, India too.

AC4500

Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:56 am

Allegiant is adding EUG-SNA starting October 8th. IIRC, EUG had been seeking SNA service for quite some time now.

ooslc

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:25 am

First flight from KEF about to land. Has it been since 2019 or early 2020 since we've seen icelandair?

jbpdx

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:39 am

ooslc wrote:
First flight from KEF about to land. Has it been since 2019 or early 2020 since we've seen icelandair?

I think it was January 2020.

RWA380

Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:30 am

AC4500 wrote:
Allegiant is adding EUG-SNA starting October 8th. IIRC, EUG had been seeking SNA service for quite some time now.

Thank you for the add to my list of all scheduled commercial routes in or out of any Oregon Airport. Since we lost the OAG thread, I'm counting on contributions from my A.net & more importantly Oregon thread fellow members.

onwFan

Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:22 am

RWA380 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:
EGEflyer wrote:

That experience is not unique to AS, DL had a mess of things last my partner used them to go back East from RDM. The SEA-IAD flight was an A-319, which there were plenty of in SEA. It seems they run several T-cons & Mid-Cons with them, mostly on routes AS uses 7389's & 738's on, often times multiple dailies.

While DL had the lowest fare, the pickings were slim, a double connection on the return with a decent DTW connection & a 737-900ER, the rest of the other legs were all E-175's. The catch was a 4 hour layover in SEA on the return, they boarded & pushed back, then towed them back in after 30 minutes & told them, they had another aircraft ready to roll. They deplaned & went to the next terminal over & boarded another E-175 to RDM. They say for another 30 minutes, at this point it's 1.5 hours late & they talk about having to leave before crew timing out. Fortunately they arrived at mid-night vs the 10;30pm.

If SEA ever builds other gates, AS WILL do their best to fill them all. DL will do their best to get them, but I do not think they'll be able to effectively fill that many aircraft. Who knows, but with AA taking a gamble with some International routes from SEA, we may see something DL can't duplicate or compete with. Both will fly SEA-LHR with their best products. AS flyer base will fill AA flights, India too.

Looks like you are right indeed - I believe DL had originally pulled down SEA-LHR for just July, but now it is gone through Sept (with no sign of VS resuming either). Hopefully BA relaunches PDX-LHR in S22 or W22 as UK travel restrictions ease, especially with AS’ renewed interest in PDX.

RWA380

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:32 pm

onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
Airnerd wrote:

Looks like you are right indeed - I believe DL had originally pulled down SEA-LHR for just July, but now it is gone through Sept (with no sign of VS resuming either). Hopefully BA relaunches PDX-LHR in S22 or W22 as UK travel restrictions ease, especially with AS’ renewed interest in PDX.

Isn't AA to launch SEA-LHR on the 789 in the spring?

ooslc

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:43 pm

RWA380 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

Isn't AA to launch SEA-LHR on the 789 in the spring?

AA is starting SEA-LHR on the 777 on Aug 4th. That's coming up pretty quick.

AC4500

Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:14 pm

RWA380 wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

Thank you for the add to my list of all scheduled commercial routes in or out of any Oregon Airport. Since we lost the OAG thread, I'm counting on contributions from my A.net & more importantly Oregon thread fellow members.

It was those OAG threads that attracted me to this site in the first place. Sad to see that they're gone from here.

EUG-SNA schedule: (2x weekly, Monday & Friday); starts October 8th.

EUG-SNA: 12:26 PM - 2:29 PM
SNA-EUG: 3:19 PM - 5:22 PM

That's a perfect schedule for week-long trips to Disney. Hotel check-in at 3PM-4PM after the flight lands in SNA, check-out at 11AM-12PM before heading back to the airport for the return flight to EUG. My cousins in Springfield will be thrilled. :D

RWA380

Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:51 pm

AC4500 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

It was those OAG threads that attracted me to this site in the first place. Sad to see that they're gone from here.

EUG-SNA schedule: (2x weekly, Monday & Friday); starts October 8th.

EUG-SNA: 12:26 PM - 2:29 PM
SNA-EUG: 3:19 PM - 5:22 PM

That's a perfect schedule for week-long trips to Disney. Hotel check-in at 3PM-4PM after the flight lands in SNA, check-out at 11AM-12PM before heading back to the airport for the return flight to EUG. My cousins in Springfield will be thrilled. :D

I'm betting a fair size of the EUG-LAX traffic includes a few days at Disney anyway, I hope more SNA adds to secondary cities. Eugene also draws traffic from the mid-central coast area.

Dreamflight767

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:05 am

I think the folks at Avelo should talk to the folks at SLE.

flyoregon

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:59 am

Dreamflight767 wrote:

Agreed. I think airlines like Allegiant would be perfect, and it seems like low hanging fruit at this point.

AC4500

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:22 pm

flyoregon wrote:
Dreamflight767 wrote:

Agreed. I think airlines like Allegiant would be perfect, and it seems like low hanging fruit at this point.

How about HIO? Was just in Hillsboro the other day, and I'm honestly shocked at how fast that area has grown... Although IDK if they have the facilities/runway to support regular mainline operations.

flyoregon

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:03 pm

AC4500 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
Dreamflight767 wrote:

How about HIO? Was just in Hillsboro the other day, and I'm honestly shocked at how fast that area has grown... Although IDK if they have the facilities/runway to support regular mainline operations.

They don’t have the facilities and the Port of Portland isn’t going to invest in an airline terminal/ARFF for 2x week service or whatever Allegiant would do, plus it potentially cannibalizes PDX service. Salem is it’s own entity and would compete with the Port of Portland and would serve a 600k population catchment area. Salem is a no brainer IMO for Allegiant or Avelo or even JSX.

RWA380

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:22 pm

AC4500 wrote:
flyoregon wrote:
Dreamflight767 wrote:

They do not have any facilities. Intel runs the company jets in & out, Nike has two terminals, One for Phils G-650 & three more Gulfstream aircraft for the top sales force. Phils reg is N1KE. I am still on the community advisory board for HIO, even though I've moved to RDM.

HIO is well poised to accept commercial traffic, but HIO hasn't the resources to build the facilities, plus parking would need to go on a small portion of land, going up or down into the ground. At this point I doubt we'll have the community accept 737's.

Over a decade ago QX looked at SEA service out of HIO & got good feedback from the Tech community, but even the Q-400 was too big for the NIMBY's, Maybe the E-175 isn't any louder than a Gulfstream?

SLE residents won't pay the DL premium that was charged when DL tried, but with only an hour drive to PDX (non traffic times) lots of folks prefer the variety of non-stops, in fact people from Redmond/Bend do it also if it's a savings. So an airline like XP or G4 on a 2-3 x weekly schedule may work, but Salem isn't populated with lots of affluent Oregonians, it has a worse homeless issue than Portland.

kwbl

SLE has applied for SCASD grant. Currently recruiting United to SFO. Second choice is Qx/AS to Sea. I think with Allegiant’s buildup at PDX takes them out of the equation. They’ve also talked with American and Delta. We’ll see…..I thin it a great opportunity. when auto traffic comes back, it takes at least an hour and half and sometime over 2 hours at certain times of the day to get to PDX so an SLE option to a hub would be great.

kwbl

SLE has applied for SCASD grant. Currently recruiting United to SFO. Second choice is Qx/AS to Sea. I think with Allegiant’s buildup at PDX takes them out of the equation. They’ve also talked with American and Delta. We’ll see…..I thin it a great opportunity. when auto traffic comes back, it takes at least an hour and half and sometime over 2 hours at certain times of the day to get to PDX so an SLE option to a hub would be great.

AC4500

Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:53 pm

RWA380 wrote:
They do not have any facilities. Intel runs the company jets in & out, Nike has two terminals, One for Phils G-650 & three more Gulfstream aircraft for the top sales force. Phils reg is N1KE. I am still on the community advisory board for HIO, even though I've moved to RDM.

That's what I thought. Even though Hillsboro to PDX is only a 35-40 minute drive, traffic on HWY-26 can get very backed up at times, especially near the I-405 junction. If the Hillsboro (and surrounding) community continues its steady growth rate, I think sufficient demand for commercial flight(s) could be there, but as you mentioned, HIO clearly wouldn't be able to support that demand any time soon, if at all.

kwbl wrote:

TBH, in the current environment, I think SLE would actually be more successful in getting a flight to DEN as opposed to SFO. I think a CRJ-200 could fly SLE-DEN, although it would be one of their longer CRJ-200 routes for sure. UA's SFO hub is primarily business-heavy O&D traffic, whereas DEN is UA's massive connection hub. UA's SFO hub will probably be the last hub to fully recover within the airline's network, given the bay area market's main reliance on premium O&D traffic which will continue to be lower than 2019 levels well into 2022.

Dreamflight767

Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:26 am

It's interesting because while the population (and probably economics) of the Portland metro area doesn't warrant two (commercial) airports, the vehicle traffic certainly does.

flyoregon

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:09 am

Dreamflight767 wrote:
It's interesting because while the population (and probably economics) of the Portland metro area doesn't warrant two (commercial) airports, the vehicle traffic certainly does.

Neither does Salt Lake City/Wasatch Front yet they have commercial ops from OGD, SLC, and PVU albeit OGD is one route 2x week, but PVU is significant for G4 and of course SLC is the main airport. The drive from Provo to Salt Lake isn’t any worse than the drive from Salem to Portland. I’d argue Salem to PDX is far worse. So, SLE could work. PVU has a lot going on in terms of start ups and universities, but Salem could support a smaller operation to a handful of useful routes.

metaldirtnskin

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:01 pm

RWA380 wrote:

Sometime in the last month or so Phil apparently got a G500, N19HT. It was briefly trackable on Flightaware - not any longer, but someone got some good shots of it arriving from Savannah.

I could probably talk at length about what I think about service at SLE, but maybe I'll spare you and just say that my perspective is pretty different as I live in EUG. :D

pdxav8r

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:34 am

DL is now running (per Flightaware) an A333, late night turn MSP-PDX-MSP, at least the next few days. The ICN, HND and AMS flights aren’t starting (maybe) for the next few months. Incorrect Flightaware info, or what? Has been a 757 recently. Maybe where one of those turns will eventually be from? Though the departure/arrival times don’t jive with what one would expect the turns for Europe or Asia. ATL 763’s on turns to PDX make sense during the summer. MSP A333’s? Not so much.

flyoregon

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:42 am

Anybody know how Allegiant has been doing in Portland so far?

AC4500

Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:40 am

pdxav8r wrote:
DL is now running (per Flightaware) an A333, late night turn MSP-PDX-MSP, at least the next few days. The ICN, HND and AMS flights aren’t starting (maybe) for the next few months. Incorrect Flightaware info, or what? Has been a 757 recently. Maybe where one of those turns will eventually be from? Though the departure/arrival times don’t jive with what one would expect the turns for Europe or Asia. ATL 763’s on turns to PDX make sense during the summer. MSP A333’s? Not so much.

I can confirm, it's an A333 which DL has been flying twice daily on MSP-PDX. I was actually on one of the flights last Saturday. To my surprise, every single seat was filled.

jplatts

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:59 am

AC4500 wrote:
If PDX-LGB ever happens again it'll be on WN. Probably a Saturday-only flight as per usual WN non-'hub' flights to and from PDX. However, they couldn't seem to make PDX-BUR/LAX/ONT/SAN/SNA work so I have a hard time believing that they could ever make PDX-LGB work, but from what's been described on the WN network thread (take that with a grain of salt), WN has even more serious future expansion ambitions for LGB than they do at BUR and ONT, so there's still a slight chance it could happen, IMO.

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors of WN PDX-BUR/LAX/ONT in 2019:
BUR-PDX - 74951 passengers, 93995 seats, 79.74% load factor
LAX-PDX - 160978 passengers, 190832 seats, 84.36% load factor
ONT-PDX - 81877 passengers, 96191 seats, 85.12% load factor

The return of WN PDX-LAX/ONT nonstop service are possibilities as WN was probably able to make these two routes work prior to the pandemic with the load factors that WN was getting on these two routes prior to the pandemic.

In addition to the return of PDX-LAX/ONT nonstop service, I agree that WN adding PDX-LGB nonstop service might be a possibility with B6 no longer serving the Greater Los Angeles market nonstop from PDX.

jplatts

Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:54 am

Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of PDX in April 2021:
DAL-PDX - 1149 passengers, 1304 seats, 88.11% load factor
DEN-PDX - 26927 passengers, 30790 seats, 87.45% load factor
LAS-PDX - 17593 passengers, 19522 seats, 90.12% load factor
MDW-PDX - 8308 passengers, 9700 seats, 85.65% load factor
OAK-PDX - 20308 passengers, 26787 seats, 75.81% load factor
PDX-PHX - 24610 passengers, 28682 seats, 85.80% load factor
PDX-SJC - 9232 passengers, 12714 seats, 72.61% load factor
PDX-SMF - 15546 passengers, 18696 seats, 83.15% load factor

AC4500

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:32 pm

It looks like AS has axed long-term plans to upgrade PDX-MCI and PDX-MSP to mainline A320s. E175s appear to be back in the schedule all the way to June 2022. Kind of bummed, but not surprised to say the least.

However, PDX-ABQ still shows mainline A320 operating from December 1st onward.

AC4500

Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:33 pm

jplatts wrote:
Here were the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of PDX in April 2021:
DAL-PDX - 1149 passengers, 1304 seats, 88.11% load factor
DEN-PDX - 26927 passengers, 30790 seats, 87.45% load factor
LAS-PDX - 17593 passengers, 19522 seats, 90.12% load factor
MDW-PDX - 8308 passengers, 9700 seats, 85.65% load factor
OAK-PDX - 20308 passengers, 26787 seats, 75.81% load factor
PDX-PHX - 24610 passengers, 28682 seats, 85.80% load factor
PDX-SJC - 9232 passengers, 12714 seats, 72.61% load factor
PDX-SMF - 15546 passengers, 18696 seats, 83.15% load factor

Wow, I thought OAK and SJC would have been much stronger than that, considering both of these routes currently only see 2 or 3 flights a day. PDX-SJC is at just one flight a day on Saturdays. Just goes to show that the Bay Area is still way behind everyone else in terms of air travel recovery from the COVID turndown. Everything else looks pretty good, though.

Dreamflight767

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:40 am

Appears Icelandair is a few minutes away from PDX. Is today the first day for resumption of service?

jbpdx

Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:51 am

Dreamflight767 wrote:
Appears Icelandair is a few minutes away from PDX. Is today the first day for resumption of service?

Started on 1 July.

pdxav8r

Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:47 am

AS has begun 739MAX flights between PDX and Hawaii. flt 802 from KOA is inbound tonight, heading out to HNL tomorrow as flt 889. Interesting to see if they end up on all HI bound flights eventually. Hoping my 8/18 to OGG ends up a MAX.

AC4500

Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Frontier is increasing PDX-LAS from 4x weekly to 2x daily starting in September. Seems like they're having success where SY didn't. NK is also up to 3 daily on that route which is past pre-COVID capacity IIRC.

F9 will be offering more capacity to LAS than they will be to DEN, which is quite interesting.

twincommander

Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:38 pm

AC4500 wrote:
Frontier is increasing PDX-LAS from 4x weekly to 2x daily starting in September. Seems like they're having success where SY didn't. NK is also up to 3 daily on that route which is past pre-COVID capacity IIRC.

F9 will be offering more capacity to LAS than they will be to DEN, which is quite interesting.

SY had success with it, then COVID happened, then they got AMZ flying which taxed their crews.

F9 will reduce back to 4 weekly in OCT.

AC4500

Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:44 pm

twincommander wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

SY had success with it, then COVID happened, then they got AMZ flying which taxed their crews.

F9 will reduce back to 4 weekly in OCT.

Good point about Amazon and SY.

F9 just finalized their September schedule. Anything past October 6th isn't accurate yet.

RWA380

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:59 pm

pdxav8r wrote:
AS has begun 739MAX flights between PDX and Hawaii. flt 802 from KOA is inbound tonight, heading out to HNL tomorrow as flt 889. Interesting to see if they end up on all HI bound flights eventually. Hoping my 8/18 to OGG ends up a MAX.

Sweet, I will grab my first MAX9 with AS, on a positioning PDX-SEA-PDX when they show up, I can't go away right now due to my Dad's health. Very excited to take my first MAX. BTW, AS is going to use the MAX due to it's field performance at OGG & maybe LIH, I know HNL & KOA are both able to take the best AS has. Many times, AAG has considered using their A-321neo's to Hawaii, but Covid killed any plans, the first time & now there are enough MAX's on property & this ultimately is the aircraft for Hawaii operations. I am unsure this opens any realistic new opportunities for Hawaii destinations, given they dropped OAK, SMF & BLI.

lhpdx

Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:13 am

Does anyone know how long the south runway will be closed??

AS737MAX

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:11 pm

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos