Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RWA380

Re: Oregon Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:52 am

Just hours ago it was announced Senators Merkely & Wyden from Oregon have secured 800k in grant money to help start & support AA into flying a n/s to DFW from Roberts Field. Even AA wrote a letter of support to the service, Spring 2022 likely is a start up time. Sounds like a OO operated E-175 for AA.

https://centraloregondaily.com/800k-fed ... h-flights/

“The Airport is excited to be able to offer all our businesses and customers a new destination,” Bass said. “We know there is a strong link between Dallas and Central Oregon.”

MaxTrimm

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:58 am

RWA380 wrote:
Just hours ago it was announced Senators Merkely & Wyden from Oregon have secured 800k in grant money to help start & support AA into flying a n/s to DFW from Roberts Field. Even AA wrote a letter of support to the service, Spring 2022 likely is a start up time. Sounds like a OO operated E-175 for AA.

“The Airport is excited to be able to offer all our businesses and customers a new destination,” Bass said. “We know there is a strong link between Dallas and Central Oregon.”

I think this would be Envoy

jbpdx

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:23 pm

“The number of people flying through Portland International Airport topped 1 million in each of the past two months, climbing 13% in June as travelers hop back aboard airplanes — eager to shake off their pandemic isolation.
Nearly 1.2 million people flew through PDX last month, by far the highest number since the pandemic began.
Still, passenger volumes aren’t yet near pre-pandemic levels. June’s passenger count was down by 28% from 2019’s average of nearly 1.7 million monthly passengers.”

https://www.bendbulletin.com/business/p ... 80887.html

RWA380

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:25 pm

MaxTrimm wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

OO operates the PHX-RDM flights on the CR7's, but maybe you're right. We'll see shortly I guess. One other big hub we do get seasonal service to, is ORD on UA as well, but this is year around. I can see many miles on AA for us if the flight happens, it's at least twice a year to Virginia on AA, currently it's two connections at PHX & CLT. We used to be able to fly RDM-LAX-RDU & drive 4 hours to Appomattox/Lynchburg.

Now that AS & AA miles are together, we fly RDM-SEA-RDU on AS that is a quick E-175 on the 6am & a 739ER from there to RDU. Both great planes. We are going to try AS or UA to LAX & then B6 to RIC.

metaldirtnskin

Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:16 pm

Really curious about what's going on here:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JUS ... /KNYL/KEUG

MaxTrimm

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:08 am

RWA380 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

OO operates the PHX-RDM flights on the CR7's, but maybe you're right. We'll see shortly I guess. One other big hub we do get seasonal service to, is ORD on UA as well, but this is year around. I can see many miles on AA for us if the flight happens, it's at least twice a year to Virginia on AA, currently it's two connections at PHX & CLT. We used to be able to fly RDM-LAX-RDU & drive 4 hours to Appomattox/Lynchburg.

Now that AS & AA miles are together, we fly RDM-SEA-RDU on AS that is a quick E-175 on the 6am & a 739ER from there to RDU. Both great planes. We are going to try AS or UA to LAX & then B6 to RIC.

Similar struggle here. College in ORF, living in PSC. Usually do PSC-SLC-ATL-ORF. Was hoping ORD-PSC would stick but Covid stopped that just a month before it was supposed to start, and now its out of the schedule entirely.

You better get on that LAX-RIC quick, loads are rough and I’m not sure how much longer that will stick around. Good luck!

AC4500

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

FLYKTPA

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:46 pm

It’s only a football flight. Only two round trips total.

AC4500

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:48 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
It’s only a football flight. Only two round trips total.

Ah, that makes sense, pretty cool nonetheless.

AC4500

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:52 pm

When was the last time AS added Ducks/Beavers flights for fans from PDX? I know they typically charter the teams from EUG to their games, but I don't recall them offering one-off flights from PDX for fans in recent memory...

pdxav8r

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:18 pm

AC4500 wrote:
When was the last time AS added Ducks/Beavers flights for fans from PDX? I know they typically charter the teams from EUG to their games, but I don't recall them offering one-off flights from PDX for fans in recent memory...

Wonder if it has anything to do with the fact the schools normally set up the charters, and with the loss of revenues, maybe passed on that option. That, or AS saw an opportunity before UO even offered the charter packages. Is AS only offering the flight, or total package?

hooforce

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:47 pm

You better get on that LAX-RIC quick, loads are rough and I’m not sure how much longer that will stick around. Good luck!

Are you sure? I’ve been monitoring the flights between RIC and LAX and I’ve observed that these flights are full or very near full. If it were that bad, B6 would have pulled this flight a while ago from RIC…but they haven’t and are not going to for, at least, a few more months…if at all!

MaxTrimm

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:28 am

hooforce wrote:

Are you sure? I’ve been monitoring the flights between RIC and LAX and I’ve observed that these flights are full or very near full. If it were that bad, B6 would have pulled this flight a while ago from RIC…but they haven’t and are not going to for, at least, a few more months…if at all!

Well, in the OAG changes, LAX-RIC has been dropped November 2021 -March 2022. Not reduced, but dropped. Might go Summer seasonal, but it looks to me like its gone. Along with LAS-RIC.

onwFan

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:09 pm

RWA380 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

If I am not mistaken, if AA launches DFW-RDM, then MFR will be the only destination in the West Coast/Western US that doesn’t have AA service from both PHX and DFW (not counting ACV as that was just launched recently).

MaxTrimm

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:49 pm

onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:

If I am not mistaken, if AA launches DFW-RDM, then MFR will be the only destination in the West Coast/Western US that doesn’t have AA service from both PHX and DFW (not counting ACV as that was just launched recently).

PSC is probably next on that list.

hooforce

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm

MaxTrimm wrote:
hooforce wrote:

Well, in the OAG changes, LAX-RIC has been dropped November 2021 -March 2022. Not reduced, but dropped. Might go Summer seasonal, but it looks to me like its gone. Along with LAS-RIC.

Copy that, but that doesn't mean that the flights are empty. I actually find the ending of the service between RIC-LAX and RIC-LAS (scheduled for November) kind of perplexing. I've observed the load factors for these flights and they are actually good (completely full most of the time). I think B6 may be ending these flights for another reason (not because the load factors are not good). RIC has shown that it can sustain/support nonstop flights to the west coast. I think the reason for the change is something unrelated to the number of passengers on the flights. If it were really that bad (and the flights were indeed empty), then B6 would pull out immediately or really soon...and that's just not the case.

RWA380

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:44 pm

onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:

MFR is actively seeking it's own DFW route: https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Medfo ... 84931.html (Article from Jan 2021).

With the Oneworld alliance, the fact that MFR/EUG & RDM to DFW are NON hub to hub flights, meaning both AS & AA can operate their codes on the same aircraft. RDM will all but be a O/W world.

MaxTrimm

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:22 pm

hooforce wrote:
MaxTrimm wrote:
hooforce wrote:

Copy that, but that doesn't mean that the flights are empty. I actually find the ending of the service between RIC-LAX and RIC-LAS (scheduled for November) kind of perplexing. I've observed the load factors for these flights and they are actually good (completely full most of the time). I think B6 may be ending these flights for another reason (not because the load factors are not good). RIC has shown that it can sustain/support nonstop flights to the west coast. I think the reason for the change is something unrelated to the number of passengers on the flights. If it were really that bad (and the flights were indeed empty), then B6 would pull out immediately or really soon...and that's just not the case.

I think it’s a route Spirit would consider starting. They’ve began SDF/STL/MKE-LAX recently, wouldn’t be surprised to see them try RIC.

onwFan

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:39 pm

RWA380 wrote:
onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

MFR is actively seeking it's own DFW route: https://www.kdrv.com/content/news/Medfo ... 84931.html (Article from Jan 2021).

With the Oneworld alliance, the fact that MFR/EUG & RDM to DFW are NON hub to hub flights, meaning both AS & AA can operate their codes on the same aircraft. RDM will all but be a O/W world.

You are right - AS is already codesharing on AA’s PHX-EUG/RDM/MFR. I hope the closer AS/AA relationship has serves as a platform to connect more smaller city dots in the West.

Wingtips56

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 pm

And MFR-DFW shows up as a request in the SCASD thread in A.net. AA is probably waiting to see if they can get that. Please (!) let it happen, and with the E-175!

RWA380

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:36 pm

onwFan wrote:
RWA380 wrote:
onwFan wrote:

You are right - AS is already codesharing on AA’s PHX-EUG/RDM/MFR. I hope the closer AS/AA relationship has serves as a platform to connect more smaller city dots in the West.

I will be interested to see how AA's International service out of SEA does. I'd be inclined to be optimistic given the mass connecting opportunities. BLR is popular for both PDX's & SEA's tech centers. LHR is the single largest European route based upon PDEW from SEA. I am quite sure it'll draw enough loyal AS fliers who want miles for their long journeys.

As far as what you are stating about little dots becoming AA & by association AAG or vice-versa, It's true in my opinion as well. I doubt there will be ,much the two will not dominate in the West, except DEN & SFO. With combined O/W movements, I'd expect the combined AA-AAG is #1 at LAX currently.

RWA380

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Wingtips56 wrote:
And MFR-DFW shows up as a request in the SCASD thread in A.net. AA is probably waiting to see if they can get that. Please (!) let it happen, and with the E-175!

I think the E-175 would be needed, given the seating options on Envoy or Skywest, whomever flies it. If they want these Oregon routes to used, they must give that 3.5-4 hour flight a comfortable A/C.

For us here in RDM, that gives us DFW, PHX, SAN, LAX, SJC, SFO, PDX & SEA n/s flights with O/W. No one else can compete with that. I am not thrilled with the CR7 they fly to PHX on AA/OO, it's often times sub $100 r/t because of G4 I imagine.

jbpdx

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 pm

It’s days like these that I guess we can be thankful Spirit isn’t interested in Portland and has only one lone route out of PDX.

PacificWest

Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:18 pm

Alaska is slowly starving Oregon of inter-state frequency.

MFR/PDX is down to 1x per day (used to be 4-5x daily).

Meanwhile, MFR/SEA is 9x daily (AS-6x, DL-3x)

lhpdx

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:05 am

PacificWest wrote:

As the result of Covid and a declining travel market, Alaska has cut PDX all the way down to the bone-marrow...It might be a while before AS PDX regional air market returns...Then again this could be AS new plans for Portland......

sprxUSA

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:19 am

Of course MFR-PDX is intra-state. Looks as if inter-state is still robust...

ATSS

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:40 am

Two unusual visitors at PDX and both on the same day. AN-124 and a Dreamlifter

ooslc

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:23 pm

Has the dreamlifter left? I saw the Antonov left last night to Moses Lake

RWA380

Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:08 pm

PacificWest wrote:

AS is focusing on keeping DL at bay in SEA. I live in RDM & we have one lone n/s to PDX also, bad connecting times except West Coast, which we have n/s from RDM to SEA/SFO/SJC/LAX & SAN already. I doubt EUG-PDX will be flown until someone with a smaller aircraft comes to Portland, which just may be happening with Dash Air.

Check them out at: https://flydashair.com/

While their first route is CLM-SEA, with three ex Cessna 402's, CLM hasn't had a commercial flight since Kenmore Air left. The planes arrived into CLM from Hyannis Massachusetts & I think are Ex-Cape Air?
Their team has already identified over 30 markets in WA, OR & ID that have lost commercial service (hey QX they're talking to you), because their planes are too large & they rid themselves of smaller A/C & smaller cities.

They ferried, HYA-MSN-(ND)-CLM, I'm unsure the ND stop, but it's in these links somewhere.

A pretty good article on the carriers plans from May of this year, https://www.sequimgazette.com/news/dash ... ght-plans/

Their FB page has more info - https://www.facebook.com/FlyDashAir/ there are pictures of their three planes together, a message from the powers that be.

A quote, off their FB page regarding the FAA:

'We've been hard at work getting our necessary FAA approvals. There are a few hoops to jump through and we're working our way through the process. Unfortunately, it is taking a bit longer than hoped on the FAA side. Our plan is to begin service this Fall, hopefully late September. We are excited and anxious to get started and as soon as we get the approvals in place, we will start taking bookings. Thank you for your continued support - we're looking forward to serving you soon!"

This is from their about page on FB: "
"Dash is a dynamic regional airline providing affordable, higher frequency service in short haul markets across the Pacific Northwest"

As this transpires, I think it's been mentioned PDX would be a market to connect nearby small cities with more Cessna 402's or Tecnum

The last article, where they mention their plans to spread in the PNW:

"Dash president Clint Ostler told the Sequim Gazette that the start-up is a Pacific Northwest-based airline aiming to restore affordable, high-frequency service in short-haul markets across the US Pacific Northwest. It aims to use the nine-seaters to operate up to five daily return flights between Port Angeles and Seattle Tacoma by the end of August. However, the timeline is contingent on the Cessna Aircraft Company twins passing US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft conformity inspections. The flights themselves will be operated by Backcountry Aviation of Boulder, Colorado."

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ssna-402cs

Wingtips56

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:44 am

PacificWest wrote:

I am surprised at the MFR-PDX schedule chop. I was trying to fly my elderly sister-in-law up from SMF via PDX to MFR, but they don't have any connections now (we've done it in the past). At 81, she could sel-transfer at PDX but I wouldn't want her to try it at SEA (lots of good connections) as it's too big, too confusing and I assume still messed up with construction. I prefer MFR-PDX-xxx connections myself.

We finally convinced her daughter to drive her to and from OAK, so she can fly Contour/LF OAK-CEC-OAK right in on non-stops.

AC4500

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:21 am

RWA380 wrote:
"Dash is a dynamic regional airline providing affordable, higher frequency service in short haul markets across the Pacific Northwest"

This is the most interesting part of their service proposal IMO. What exactly does "higher frequency service" mean to them? Will this pan out to be something similar to what Boutique/Seaport offer(ed) or could it be something substantially more like PenAir was?

jbpdx

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:08 am

PacificWest wrote:

Intrastate.
PDX-MDF goes 6x/day in January;
PDX-RDM 4x/day. PDX-EUG is now Amtrak.

sprxUSA

Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:38 pm

MDF? Really.....

SANFan

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:03 pm

jbpdx wrote:
PDX-MFR goes 6x/day in January;
PDX-RDM 4x/day. PDX-EUG is now Amtrak.

As I'm sure you know, those are the place-holder schedules that haven't been "adjusted" yet. I'm pretty sure those flight frequencies will closely match what December offers soon, once the trimming of January is done...

AS is only matching the seats offered to the demand they see in their markets. Hopefully that demand will increase during 2022.

bb

wedgetail737

Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:02 pm

Wingtips56 wrote:
PacificWest wrote:

I am surprised at the MFR-PDX schedule chop. I was trying to fly my elderly sister-in-law up from SMF via PDX to MFR, but they don't have any connections now (we've done it in the past). At 81, she could sel-transfer at PDX but I wouldn't want her to try it at SEA (lots of good connections) as it's too big, too confusing and I assume still messed up with construction. I prefer MFR-PDX-xxx connections myself.

We finally convinced her daughter to drive her to and from OAK, so she can fly Contour/LF OAK-CEC-OAK right in on non-stops.

LF is pretty inexpensive too. Plus they have 36-inch pitch in their E-135's. The staff is friendly. I don't know what kind of snacks, if any, they have these days. I flew OAK-CEC-OAK about a month after they started the service.

Wingtips56

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:23 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
MDF? Really.....

I did the same thing. And when I tried to fix it, I got MFF. Third time was the charm. Glad I caught it before "Submit".

jetmatt777

Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:11 pm

I am sure it was covered here at some point but I don’t keep track of this thread as much. I was looking at google earth last night and noticed a large area of the NW side of the PDX airport opposite of 3/21 was being concreted in. What is this? It’s quite a large area. I looked at the Port website but couldn’t find anything. deice pad?

EGEflyer

Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:12 pm

That area is the staging area for the PDX Next Terminal Core Project - Where they are constructing the "Cassette" roof sections of curved glulam beams into large rectangular sections. There appears to be room for up to five roof sections to work on assembly simultaneously.

jetmatt777

Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:51 pm

Oh wow. Crazy that they went with concrete for that. Much more expensive for a temporary surface than asphalt.

kwbl

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 pm

Not normally one to bash AS but they are hitting PDX hard. In the fall, they are down to a single flight between PDX and BOI. I initially schedule a meeting for my employees to fly pdx-boi and then drive to Salem around the initial published schedule. On the same day, they have 12 flights between SEA and BOI. Now I have to reschedule the meetings and flights because they can’t get to Salem in time. There is no way there is that much more demand on that route. I fly PDX-BOI every other week with near 100% loads so seeing how the are approaching the PDX market is concerning….but I have no other options at this point other than to
Connect in SEA (the flight times also suck). This on the heals of an article I recently read where AS said they wanted to increase flights at PDX and connect more people thru PDX. I think AS is taking PDX market for granted but there is no other serious player for the moment.

kwbl

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:10 pm

Not normally one to bash AS but they are hitting PDX hard. In the fall, they are down to a single flight between PDX and BOI. I initially schedule a meeting for my employees to fly pdx-boi and then drive to Salem around the initial published schedule. On the same day, they have 12 flights between SEA and BOI. Now I have to reschedule the meetings and flights because they can’t get to Salem in time. There is no way there is that much more demand on that route. I fly PDX-BOI every other week with near 100% loads so seeing how the are approaching the PDX market is concerning….but I have no other options at this point other than to
Connect in SEA (the flight times also suck). This on the heals of an article I recently read where AS said they wanted to increase flights at PDX and connect more people thru PDX. I think AS is taking PDX market for granted but there is no other serious player for the moment.

twincommander

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 pm

AC4500 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

This is the most interesting part of their service proposal IMO. What exactly does "higher frequency service" mean to them? Will this pan out to be something similar to what Boutique/Seaport offer(ed) or could it be something substantially more like PenAir was?

Only going to work with real turbine aircraft. This piston/unpressurized stuff doesn't work here. The weather doesn't allow it.

sprxUSA

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:36 pm

kwbl wrote:

Seems odd only 1 on a monopoly route. Perhaps you should charter for your employees right into SLE. Might be a bit more worthwhile if the 1 flight deal becomes reality.

RWA380

Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:38 pm

twincommander wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
RWA380 wrote:

Only going to work with real turbine aircraft. This piston/unpressurized stuff doesn't work here. The weather doesn't allow it.

They may as well fly Caravans on these routes, more luggage capacity, albeit not a lot more & one less engine to maintain per bird. Could single pilot operations be sought? I hope they got a good deal on those old birds. It seems they are going to stick with 9 passenger operations. I think one article mentioned the Tecnam sp?

AC4500

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:29 am

kwbl wrote:

:checkmark: This is something that hasn't been mentioned a lot on here. Alaska's entire PDX regional network has gotten a complete overhaul over the past few months. Instead of operating routes several times a day, seven days a week, AS is planning on flying a lot more capacity on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri and operating a bare-bones schedule on Tue/Wed/Sat. I think this is a sign that there is still a very long road to recovery for Portland's business traffic. Leisure/VFR traffic is almost always flown on Thu-Mon. Without the pre-COVID business traffic that many routes benefited from in the past, some routes not operating entirely on Tue/Wed/Sat would have been the norm.

From what it looks like, PDX-BOI is operating once daily on Tue/Wed/Sat, but 4x daily on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri for October. PDX-GEG has a very similar schedule for October with 1x daily on Tue/Wed/Sat but 4x daily on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri.

With that being said, Portland desperately needs competition on regional routes. The most recent option we've gotten is from Boutique when they tried PDX-RDM. So much for that (although I think that was more of a 'Boutique' issue than it was with the route itself).

Wneast

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:37 am

AC4500 wrote:
kwbl wrote:

:checkmark: This is something that hasn't been mentioned a lot on here. Alaska's entire PDX regional network has gotten a complete overhaul over the past few months. Instead of operating routes several times a day, seven days a week, AS is planning on flying a lot more capacity on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri and operating a bare-bones schedule on Tue/Wed/Sat. I think this is a sign that there is still a very long road to recovery for Portland's business traffic. Leisure/VFR traffic is almost always flown on Thu-Mon. Without the pre-COVID business traffic that many routes benefited from in the past, some routes not operating entirely on Tue/Wed/Sat would have been the norm.

From what it looks like, PDX-BOI is operating once daily on Tue/Wed/Sat, but 4x daily on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri for October. PDX-GEG has a very similar schedule for October with 1x daily on Tue/Wed/Sat but 4x daily on Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri.

With that being said, Portland desperately needs competition on regional routes. The most recent option we've gotten is from Boutique when they tried PDX-RDM. So much for that (although I think that was more of a 'Boutique' issue than it was with the route itself).

WN or someone should step in on the slack of PDX-GEG, and BOI

AC4500

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:47 am

Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:
kwbl wrote:

WN used to fly both of those routes along with PDX-RNO/SLC, IIRC. Didn't WN fly SEA-GEG very briefly last summer? I wonder what it would take for them to try PDX-GEG again.

AC4500

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:53 am

Here's a ridiculous one. PDX-SMF goes to 1x daily for all 7 days a week in October.

Also, PDX-MSO is only being flown on Thursdays in September, but then goes back to 1x daily in October. Meanwhile, PDX-BIL goes to 3x weekly and PDX-BZN is at 2x weekly. I almost wonder if AS is just not finished with their schedule yet and is slowly releasing it as they work on it.

Wneast

Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 am

AC4500 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
AC4500 wrote:

WN used to fly both of those routes along with PDX-RNO/SLC, IIRC. Didn't WN fly SEA-GEG very briefly last summer? I wonder what it would take for them to try PDX-GEG again.

Yes they did use to fly all of those routes, I really hope they would bring PDX-GEG back at least like two daily. Yes they did fly SEA-GEG briefly last summer which makes me wonder if they just wanted to test out the market or what ? I wonder sense it’s been said along time if they ever start hawaii flying or ANC from PDX maybe they could reinstate GEG and BOI to feed those flights

SANFan

Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:56 pm

AC4500 wrote:

Just to make sure all are aware, this sort of trimming of frequencies is happening all over the AS network, and the airline industry as a whole. It is not specific to PDX. If the traffic isn't there (yet) there's no reason to operate multiple daily frequencies, or even. in some cases, one daily flight.

I could list very similar reductions for SAN (of course) but I won't. ; ) We are looking at the off-season travel time of year when traffic is reduced even in normal times.

I think the real test of how things are going will be summer of 2022 when hopefully things are approaching, or at least heading in the direction of, normal. At least that's how I'm looking at things...

bb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos