Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PSA727

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:19 am

panamair wrote:

Looks like PHL-ZRH is also gone for the summer season; still in there for winter (start Oct 30).

I'm still thinking that if ZRH comes back, it will be to JFK, not PHL.

JohanTally

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:21 am

panamair wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Another European schedule update this weekend. Lisbon is gone for 2021; most Philadelphia flying restarts pushed back to June. Barcelona is still on track to re-start in two weeks, daily from Miami.

Looks like PHL-ZRH is also gone for the summer season; still in there for winter (start Oct 30).

CLT-DUB/MAD/FRA as well as a second LHR still on the schedule starting June 3rd but could just remain placeholders. CLT-MUC resumes October 30th as of now but we will see what AA does if LH resumes their CLT service.

USAirALB

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 am

JohanTally wrote:
panamair wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Another European schedule update this weekend. Lisbon is gone for 2021; most Philadelphia flying restarts pushed back to June. Barcelona is still on track to re-start in two weeks, daily from Miami.

CLT-DUB/MAD/FRA as well as a second LHR still on the schedule starting June 3rd but could just remain placeholders. CLT-MUC resumes October 30th as of now but we will see what AA does if LH resumes their CLT service.

I am going to take a guess and say that AA does not resume CLT-MUC this year.

As of right now, LH still has CLT in their Summer 2021 schedule, and plans to resume thrice weekly service on 1 May, increasing to a 5x weekly service on 31 May. Granted that could change, but I view LH as more likely to resume the route rather than CLT. LH simply has a competitive advantage over AA: they have the corporate contracts for the route, and IIRC the POS for the flight is heavily derived from the German market.

The 777 is way too much for the route, especially in the off season. I still see AA having a future on CLT-MUC, however not until the A321XLRs arrive, which seem perfect for the route, along with other CLT-Secondary German cities.

PSA727

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:59 am

USAirALB wrote:
The 777 is way too much for the route, especially in the off season. I still see AA having a future on CLT-MUC, however not until the A321XLRs arrive, which seem perfect for the route, along with other CLT-Secondary German cities.

I don't think AA should even contemplate putting the 321XLR on CLT-MUC. That's around 4500 miles. CLT's significance as a TATL "gateway" is because of its being AA's second largest hub and not because of geography, or O&D demand for that matter. If AA can't come close to filling a widebody on a TATL route out of CLT, then it shouldn't be flying that route. And the 772s only have about two dozen more seats than AA's now-retired 332s did.

aaway

Re: AA 777s added to MIA domestic schedule for May

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:18 am

It's expensive to have widebodies grounded for an extended period. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the heavy AA domestic widebody flying we're now seeing is also related to the training cycle. AA incurred a heavy toll to the ranks of B777-qualified flight crew stemming from the various leave/retirement schemas offered last year. LAX & MIA were both heavily impacted. Those pilots that upgraded need practical experience (flight hours), as well as maintain currency once airborne.

ty97

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:39 am

JohanTally wrote:

CLT-DUB/MAD/FRA as well as a second LHR still on the schedule starting June 3rd but could just remain placeholders.

The schedule update that American pushed this weekend is through June 2. Nothing June 3 or later can/should be trusted for now.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:59 am

aaway wrote:
It's expensive to have widebodies grounded for an extended period. But, it wouldn't surprise me if the heavy AA domestic widebody flying we're now seeing is also related to the training cycle. AA incurred a heavy toll to the ranks of B777-qualified flight crew stemming from the various leave/retirement schemas offered last year. LAX & MIA were both heavily impacted. Those pilots that upgraded need practical experience (flight hours), as well as maintain currency once airborne.

Thats exactly what im thinking. There simply wont be enough international flying soon enough. This could actually save AA money and be ready for when demand really returns. We are living in a bubble with Spring Break, numbers are gonna go down and no one needs to panic. International long haul probably isnt gonna return in numbers in 2021, but domestic leisure i think is. AA just needs to use these planes a little different for a bit, but this will also allow them to be alot more ready and able to adjust as demand does.

USAirALB

Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:17 pm

PSA727 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

I don't think AA should even contemplate putting the 321XLR on CLT-MUC. That's around 4500 miles. CLT's significance as a TATL "gateway" is because of its being AA's second largest hub and not because of geography, or O&D demand for that matter. If AA can't come close to filling a widebody on a TATL route out of CLT, then it shouldn't be flying that route. And the 772s only have about two dozen more seats than AA's now-retired 332s did.

AA specifically said they were interested in CLT-Germany on the A321XLR. What does range have to do with anything? The A321XLR published range is 5400 miles and AA plans to operate it as a premium, internationally-configured aircraft.

If AA wasn't interested in O&D demand in the MUC market they would have kept the flight at PHL or they would have dropped CLT in favor of keeping DFW-MUC. They chose to only serve MUC via CLT simply because of the demand between Charlotte and Bavaria, although I am sure the strength of the hub helps too.

A388

Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:31 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Yes but demand between Miami and Los Angeles now is crazy strong. Probably higher than New York. Even JetBlue was operating more LA flights to South Florida at points in February than to JFK/EWR. Also keep in mind they now need to compete with Mint even moreso than in the past and need the lieflat product.

Interesting, what caused or causes this increase in demand between MIA and LAX? Reluctance to travel abroad due to the Covid pandemic alone or are there other reasons?

A388

Nicknuzzii

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:38 pm

AA seems to be doing it right in terms of their schedule updates. They are now consistently among the first to do so (I can book for Memorial day Weekend) with confidence. They are also building up still.

wenders825

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:31 pm

USAirALB wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
panamair wrote:

As of right now, LH still has CLT in their Summer 2021 schedule, and plans to resume thrice weekly service on 1 May, increasing to a 5x weekly service on 31 May. Granted that could change, but I view LH as more likely to resume the route rather than CLT. LH simply has a competitive advantage over AA: they have the corporate contracts for the route, and IIRC the POS for the flight is heavily derived from the German market.

the route takes a lot of cargo, as evidenced by the cargo flights that ran up to somewhat recently. it will stay on the 772. AA has a good share of contracts as well - don't think LH carry all the BMW passengers.

something like CLT-DUS/STR/HAM may be more likely to be on a 321XLR. but FRA and MUC will be staying. CLT is unique in how well it's able to serve those two cities for AA

cathay747

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:43 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
travaz wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
AA has scheduled a daily 787 on MIA-HAV from May 6. That is in addition to five 737s daily.

I would like to know the reason for the increase. It wasn't too long ago that all of the carriers were dropping flights to HAV and other places in Cuba.

The demand is like 90% Miami-originating. Miami-Cuba has done very well. Nothing has changed. And after Cuba closed its borders for a while, there is probably a lot of pent up demand as well. Plus hopefully the Biden administration removes the inane ban on flying to other airports. AA will very quickly resume HOG, VRA, etc.

Don't hold your breath. I just recently saw a news item that Rubio and I think one other co-sponsor (probably Tim Scott, the other FL senator) have introduced a bill to prevent Biden from undoing what Trump did vis-a-vis Cuba, all an obvious pandering to the anti-Castro mafia in FL. Now, it may not get passed given the Dem. majorities and I'm sure Biden would veto such a bill (and there probably wouldn't be enough votes to override that), but meanwhile, it's a wait-and-see thing as of now, from where I sit.

USAirALB

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:56 pm

wenders825 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

the route takes a lot of cargo, as evidenced by the cargo flights that ran up to somewhat recently. it will stay on the 772. AA has a good share of contracts as well - don't think LH carry all the BMW passengers.

something like CLT-DUS/STR/HAM may be more likely to be on a 321XLR. but FRA and MUC will be staying. CLT is unique in how well it's able to serve those two cities for AA

That's a valid point-I completely forgot about the special CLT-MUC cargo flights, so I see how the 772 would make sense.

airplanedaj

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:15 pm

miaami wrote:
Some up gauging from Eagle to 738 on MIA to PIT/IND/MEM in April and May. CLE was up gauged to 738 earlier this year. MEM in Apr, PIT and IND in May.

Wonder if they've wanted to do that for a while. YX (Republic) has large domiciles/mx bases at both PIT and IND but they're losing all their MIA flying over the next couple months. No more need to get crews and planes between those cities. Doesn't apply to MEM and CLE but good for all cities involved.

PGCLE

AA949 MIA to PAP

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Why is AA flying a 787 to Haiti? Are there that many passengers and premium demand? Is this a cargo flight?

Brickell305

Re: AA949 MIA to PAP

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm

With demand essentially non-existent to the places to which they would normally fly 787s, they are using them on routes where passenger and cargo revenue can cover the costs of a flight. Don't forget that it wasn't that long ago that AA was flying 767s on this route so wide bodies on MIA-PAP is not unusual.
Last edited by Brickell305 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ishrion
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 pm

Demand seems to be up and AA doesn't have many other places to deploy their widebodies. The 787-8 is a passenger flight and continues for the next few months, which could get extended depending on AA's schedule changes. They're likely carrying a good amount of cargo too.

AA announced it would increase MIA-PAP to 5x daily in April, but it looks like they've already increased it on certain days this month. AA will also relaunch FLL-PAP in April after cutting it a few years ago.

Corpsnerd09

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
With demand essentially non-existent to the places to which they would normally fly 787s, they are using them on routes where passenger and cargo revenue can cover the costs of a flight. Don't forget that it wasn't that long ago that AA was flying 767s on this route so wide bodies on MIA-PAP is not unusual.

A300, 767s... Widebodies from AA were common a PAP until the last decade.

Brickell305

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Corpsnerd09 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Exactly. If anything, the post-COVID capacity (including the FLL flight) is AA essentially going back to basics on PAP.

Corpsnerd09

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Exactly. If anything, the post-COVID capacity (including the FLL flight) is AA essentially going back to basics on PAP.

There used to be 3x daily A300 on MIA-PAP plus JFK 757s and FLL 737-800s 2x a day. The day of the Haiti Earthquake an AA 767-300 was boarded and about to depart, after the earthquake passengers were given the option to deplane, some did, the rest stayed and the flight departed.

asuflyer

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Yes they are and yes there is demand. They fill the premium cabin at the right price. AA used to fly 763's and A300's to PAP for many years. AA's FLL-PAP was one of AA's most successful routes for a long time.

ContinentalEWR

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 pm

AA has indeed flown everything from A300s, 767s, and 757s in the past to PAP (thus using its larger aircraft deployed to the region) and currently, with a very limited intercontinental network and the need to sustain and maintain pilot ratings on wide bodies, they are being deployed throughout the network, where there is cargo and pax demand. Nothing unusual here. Just like AA flying the 77W to MCO from DFW or going 6 x daily on the 777 (E and W) on MIA-LAX.

runway23

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:08 pm

ty97 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

CLT-DUB/MAD/FRA as well as a second LHR still on the schedule starting June 3rd but could just remain placeholders.

The schedule update that American pushed this weekend is through June 2. Nothing June 3 or later can/should be trusted for now.

I find the schedule for April/May to YYZ/YUL quite interesting. AA has pulled flights from PHL/ORD/NYC to YYZ/YUL. YUL for many weeks only saw PHL service but is set to get daily A319 service to CLT, DFW and MIA. YYZ is 1 MIA, 3 CLT, 3 DFW.

DCTenFan

Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:09 pm

"as California took a bigger hit from the lockdown economics it could have pushed AA to put (and to put in the future) a higher emphasis and more interest on Phoenix. Not that it means anything with regard to international demand which is going to be down for awhile everywhere, but PHX might have gotten a new lease on life within the AA network ....I definitely see PHX at least returning to normal faster than any eventual comeback at LAX"

Any hit from so-called "lockdown economics" will simply be followed by a stronger return and steeper rise in traffic post-covid. And I don't see how Phoenix could do better than any other city on domestic traffic due to covid. Arizona is the state with the 5th highest incidence of covid (11.4%) to date in the epidemic. So how or why would AA put "hgher emphasis" on Phoenix?.

737max8

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Wait is this really news? AA has been running widebodies on many of these routes for years between intl flights. Or even some as turns.

travaz

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:38 pm

Around 3.5 Million people in AZ have been vaccinated or had Covid. Nearly 50% of the states population. The numbers have steadily been declining over the last few weeks of new cases. Hospitalizations are currently only 12% of all hospital beds. Also Arizona is fully open for business. Phoenix was never going anywhere. During the cut backs PHX didn't lose nearly the amount of flights that PHL and ORD did. Repeat PHX is only going to grow. This whole PHX is going to die is very tiring.

Aeroflot001

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Flew MIA-SJIU-MIA on 772 in December and my parents flew MIA-SJU on the 77W last week! They weren't thrilled about flying back on the 737 Max but it went fine.

FSDan

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:40 pm

miaami wrote:
MIA-DFW 2 of 7 flights operating with 772s

In the other direction, there's just one 772. This is offset by an inbound 772 on CLT-MIA (one direction only), and a one-way DFW-CLT 772 flight.

Something similar happens with some of the domestic 788 rotations. There are one-way flights DFW-PHL, PHL-MIA, MIA-ORD, and ORD-DFW.

Another fun fact - I found a 788 loaded on one of the MIA-HAV flights in May (appears to have been moved from MIA-PAP, which is all narrowbodies again)..

B752OS

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:03 pm

A388 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Yes but demand between Miami and Los Angeles now is crazy strong. Probably higher than New York. Even JetBlue was operating more LA flights to South Florida at points in February than to JFK/EWR. Also keep in mind they now need to compete with Mint even moreso than in the past and need the lieflat product.

Interesting, what caused or causes this increase in demand between MIA and LAX? Reluctance to travel abroad due to the Covid pandemic alone or are there other reasons?

A388

Cheap fares is another reason. You can easily fly LAX-MIA r/t for under $300 opn AA. I just did a number of dummy bookings and you can even get tickets for under $200 r/t. Really low fares right now in this market, which is great for the consumer.

AC4500

Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA seems to be doing it right in terms of their schedule updates. They are now consistently among the first to do so (I can book for Memorial day Weekend) with confidence. They are also building up still.

Not too long ago, DL was the leader in interim schedule updates. Now both AS and AA are both on top. I suspect that DL will catch up to AS/AA either this upcoming weekend or the next one.

x1234

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:32 pm

Is this due to cargo? Pre-COVID I heard of AA moving cargo out of Asia (electronics without the battery) to Latin America via DFW or LAX. Post-COVID with AA flying cargo only flights to LAX I wonder if the cargo connects in LAX & MIA to Latin America.

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:36 pm

asuflyer wrote:
Yes they are and yes there is demand. They fill the premium cabin at the right price. AA used to fly 763's and A300's to PAP for many years. AA's FLL-PAP was one of AA's most successful routes for a long time.

AA cutting this route made little sense a few years back.

They're bringing the route back next month 1x day 737-800.

cschleic

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:35 pm

737max8 wrote:
Wait is this really news? AA has been running widebodies on many of these routes for years between intl flights. Or even some as turns.

Yes, and I've been on a 772 MIA - LAX many years ago, but it seems that the frequency has increased for some of these routes. And I don't think they ever flew 777s on SEA - DFW other than an occasional one-off if ever.

Looking at some quick dates in June, they have a 789 scheduled for ANC - DFW.

nc3rd

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Great for competition with carriers who have lie-flat on some of their transcon fleet. Also, its a great way to compete with LCCs by adding a ton of seats (if you think you can fill them).

FSDan

Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 am

The 788 appears to be gone from MIA-PAP in May. I'm guessing that's where the MIA-HAV 788 came from.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:32 am

It seems like a win because
1.keeps the pilots active and training up to date
2. They have the planes sitting - parking 777s isn't cheap keeps them in action and ready
3. AA has alot of FAs coming back online soon. Keeps them active and ready for when other missions demand comes back and active on the 777
4. Can ship some different cargo

Really a win-win at this time to use them

OA412

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:11 am

Please keep politics out of the discussion.

crownvic

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:21 am

Do any of the AA experts here know if KMCO Orlando will see any resumption of widebody service to Miami's neighbor to the north? It was nice seeing their 777's here over the holidays, and of course prior to covid their daily A330's and 767's too.

PSA727

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 am

USAirALB wrote:
AA specifically said they were interested in CLT-Germany on the A321XLR. What does range have to do with anything? The A321XLR published range is 5400 miles and AA plans to operate it as a premium, internationally-configured aircraft.

The people over at Airbus are smoking crack if they suggest the 321XLR can do 5400 miles in a normal intl-configured aircraft. And if any airline decides to schedule such a route, they're taking a hit off that pipe. And keep in mind that a 4500-mile TATL flight heading westbound is not the same as one heading eastbound. Did any executive at AA say that they wanted to use this aircraft on CLT-Germany routes? Or did they say that this aircraft is capable of flying to Germany from CLT as a reference? The furthest this aircraft should be flown on a TATL route is probably around 4200-4300 miles. I believe the longest TATL flight any of the U.S. carriers flew the 752 on was EWR-TXL. And that was around 4000 miles. (IIRC, the base FF miles I would earn for that flight was 3996). And even though I personally never had the Canadian fuel stop on the 6 or 7 times I flew that route ( I did once on a CGN-EWR flight in winter), I am aware that it occasionally did. The 321XLR is really meant for airlines to fly such a route without having to do the westbound fuel stop. Not to push the envelope as far eastwards as possible. Also, the 321XLR is probably going to have take-off performance issues if it's being stretched to the limits so-to-speak.

If AA wasn't interested in O&D demand in the MUC market they would have kept the flight at PHL or they would have dropped CLT in favor of keeping DFW-MUC. They chose to only serve MUC via CLT simply because of the demand between Charlotte and Bavaria, although I am sure the strength of the hub helps too.

CLT has always done well with the London market and the German market. But that doesn't necessarily spill over to many other European markets, or even other markets in Germany besides FRA and MUC. I've flown with US/AA to Germany at least two dozen times. And on a couple of times on the FRA-CLT flights I was on, we were all boarded and ready to go, but had to wait another 10-15 minutes at the gate because therre was still cargo being loaded onto the aircraft. I even had a conversation with a FA on one of these flights. And she said that flight always has a lot of cargo on it. And from personal observation, the CLT-FRA (and v v) flights always seemed close to being full. That doesn't mean that the yields were necessarily great. But at least the demand was there. So, perhaps that same metric applies to the CLT-MUC flights. And why it remained. But also keep in mind that you can connect more people (without having them backtrack) from CLT than from DFW to MUC.

lpdal

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:13 am

I’ve worked a lot of these flights here in MIA and it’s nice to see the 777s augment the usual narrow bodies on this route. Usually the senior guys work the 772s/3s and 788s here on the ground, but with this increase I also have been given the chance to work the widebodies as well

ContinentalEWR

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 am

PSA727 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

The people over at Airbus are smoking crack if they suggest the 321XLR can do 5400 miles in a normal intl-configured aircraft. And if any airline decides to schedule such a route, they're taking a hit off that pipe. And keep in mind that a 4500-mile TATL flight heading westbound is not the same as one heading eastbound. Did any executive at AA say that they wanted to use this aircraft on CLT-Germany routes? Or did they say that this aircraft is capable of flying to Germany from CLT as a reference? The furthest this aircraft should be flown on a TATL route is probably around 4200-4300 miles. I believe the longest TATL flight any of the U.S. carriers flew the 752 on was EWR-TXL. And that was around 4000 miles. (IIRC, the base FF miles I would earn for that flight was 3996). And even though I personally never had the Canadian fuel stop on the 6 or 7 times I flew that route ( I did once on a CGN-EWR flight in winter), I am aware that it occasionally did. The 321XLR is really meant for airlines to fly such a route without having to do the westbound fuel stop. Not to push the envelope as far eastwards as possible. Also, the 321XLR is probably going to have take-off performance issues if it's being stretched to the limits so-to-speak.

CLT has always done well with the London market and the German market. But that doesn't necessarily spill over to many other European markets, or even other markets in Germany besides FRA and MUC. I've flown with US/AA to Germany at least two dozen times. And on a couple of times on the FRA-CLT flights I was on, we were all boarded and ready to go, but had to wait another 10-15 minutes at the gate because therre was still cargo being loaded onto the aircraft. I even had a conversation with a FA on one of these flights. And she said that flight always has a lot of cargo on it. And from personal observation, the CLT-FRA (and v v) flights always seemed close to being full. That doesn't mean that the yields were necessarily great. But at least the demand was there. So, perhaps that same metric applies to the CLT-MUC flights. And why it remained. But also keep in mind that you can connect more people (without having them backtrack) from CLT than from DFW to MUC.

CLT-LON does well because of the banking and financial services sectors on both ends, and the demand it generates, and AA has zero competition and carries and flows connections over to BA at LHR. Historically, US did well with FRA/MUC because of its membership in *A and the LH feed. AA has struggled in Germany, notably with POS originating from the German end, and has no feed there. AB was not much of a resource when it was in business and a member of oneworld, as its hubs were TXL and DUS and not the top markets in Germany, though DUS is a major industrial and business destination. It's true, AA (and before that US) carries a lot of cargo on its US-Germany routes given the German and US industries on both ends of the routes.

ContinentalEWR

Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 am

crownvic wrote:
Do any of the AA experts here know if KMCO Orlando will see any resumption of widebody service to Miami's neighbor to the north? It was nice seeing their 777's here over the holidays, and of course prior to covid their daily A330's and 767's too.

AA was running the 77W on DFW-MCO up to 2 x daily for time through February. Now it has reverted back to A321's mostly, and some 737s. UA had the 787-10 run for a time in February and DL had the A330-300.

cathay747

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:52 pm

travaz wrote:
Around 3.5 Million people in AZ have been vaccinated or had Covid. Nearly 50% of the states population. The numbers have steadily been declining over the last few weeks of new cases. Hospitalizations are currently only 12% of all hospital beds. Also Arizona is fully open for business. Phoenix was never going anywhere. During the cut backs PHX didn't lose nearly the amount of flights that PHL and ORD did. Repeat PHX is only going to grow. This whole PHX is going to die is very tiring.

Amen, well said, especially the last sentence. Always has to be somebody to dredge that up about PHX (going to die, be dehubbed, whatever)...give it a rest folks.

ahj2000

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:55 pm

PSA727 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

Just from limited personal experience, and again loads ≠ yields, but CLT-EU does very well in those leisure/cruise markets. I’ve done FCO a bit and it seems to go out quite full in the summer (once empty on the way there, but the return was full). Even back in the US days (I did it one time in 2012(?))

SXDFC

Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:27 pm

I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this question. Mods please move it if necessary.

How many of the AA A321ceos have sharklets?

GerRodriguez

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:43 pm

GAP -Pacific Airport Group- is negotiating 2 flights to Phoenix, one from Bajio (BJX) and another from Morelia (MLM), México; Do you think American Eagle could be the operator with CRJ700?

MaxTrimm

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:47 pm

GerRodriguez wrote:
GAP -Pacific Airport Group- is negotiating 2 flights to Phoenix, one from Bajio (BJX) and another from Morelia (MLM), México; Do you think American Eagle could be the operator with CRJ700?

Definitely would make sense, they’ve been expanding pretty well into less-popular Mexican cities over the course of the pandemic. MLM and BJX would make sense. I think Y4 flies to MLM from PHX, for what its worth.

BA744PHX

Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:49 pm

GerRodriguez wrote:

Well thats interesting, where did you get this information?
Last edited by BA744PHX on Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GerRodriguez

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:44 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
GerRodriguez wrote:

pre-covid note:
https://www.quadratin.com.mx/principal/ ... vas-rutas/
https://grupomarmor.com.mx/en-planes-la ... en-el-aim/

some of these routes are already close to starting : CUN, SEA, PDX, SMF, CJS in next november by Y4

In summary

Morelia International Airport (AIM) announced that it plans to expand its air traffic with 14 new routes, which would maintain double-digit annual growth.

In the short and medium term, it seeks to connect with Cancun, Atlanta, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Ciudad Juárez and San Francisco; while in the long term with Chihuahua, Hermosillo, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Detroit, Raleight and Seattle.

The short and medium term plans are contemplated for a period of 12 months, while the lake could be between two or three, since marketing studies are required.

"We currently have some indications that these flights may be ideal," said AIM administrator Enrique Raymundo Peña Argüelles.

BA744PHX

Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:56 pm

GerRodriguez wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
GerRodriguez wrote:

pre-covid note:
https://www.quadratin.com.mx/principal/ ... vas-rutas/
https://grupomarmor.com.mx/en-planes-la ... en-el-aim/

some of these routes are already close to starting : CUN, SEA, PDX, SMF, CJS in next november by Y4

In summary

Morelia International Airport (AIM) announced that it plans to expand its air traffic with 14 new routes, which would maintain double-digit annual growth.

In the short and medium term, it seeks to connect with Cancun, Atlanta, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Ciudad Juárez and San Francisco; while in the long term with Chihuahua, Hermosillo, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Detroit, Raleight and Seattle.

The short and medium term plans are contemplated for a period of 12 months, while the lake could be between two or three, since marketing studies are required.

"We currently have some indications that these flights may be ideal," said AIM administrator Enrique Raymundo Peña Argüelles.

So your original post was based on articles pre covid?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos