Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25252
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Hong Kong being removed from the schedule for the entire S21 season. At moment planned back in October. Let see...

http://www.orientaviation.com/articles/ ... w-enforced
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
alasizon
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:21 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Hong Kong being removed from the schedule for the entire S21 season. At moment planned back in October. Let see...

http://www.orientaviation.com/articles/ ... w-enforced


Until HKG's strict quarantine rules are repealed, there is going to be very limited interest from US Carriers to get crews stuck there.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
USAirALB
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:05 pm

N292UX wrote:
jplatts wrote:
Is there any possibility of AA adding nonstop service out of SEA to some non-AA hub domestic destinations such as AUS and BOS with AA having recently added some other p2p routes?

Assuming their long haul routes from SEA do start, I'd imagine a few, but not many. The SEA long haul flights are basically Alaska 787s in AA colors/flight numbers. Could I see them adding a few? Probably. Maybe BOS, LAS, SAN, SJC, and SFO. Maybe DCA too if they were to cut one of their perimeter flights, which would likely be one of the PHX/LAX flights. I don't see AA adding flights to medium/smaller sized markets out of SEA anytime soon due to the AS codeshare.

None of the PHX flights can be transferred to other beyond-perimeter destinations as the slots are specific to PHX. Ditto for the sole DCA-LAS flight.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:42 pm

AA will be up to 180 flights from DCA this summer, around 70% of its 2019 peak.
https://airlineweekly.com/washington-na ... emic-lull/

I'm guessing DFW, CLT, PHX, & MIA will likely be at or above 100% of 2019 domestic capacity, given the 90% guidance.

AA currently has 60 flights/day scheduled from RDU in August, nearly the same amount DL has scheduled from RDU (obviously both are placeholder schedules)

jplatts wrote:
Is there any possibility of AA adding nonstop service out of SEA to some non-AA hub domestic destinations such as AUS and BOS with AA having recently added some other p2p routes?


That would undermine an important piece of their agreement.
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
PSA727
Posts: 904
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:49 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:19 am

jplatts wrote:
Is there any possibility of AA adding nonstop service out of SEA to some non-AA hub domestic destinations such as AUS and BOS with AA having recently added some other p2p routes?

The whole point of this very close tie-up with AS is that AA will not have to add any domestic P2P flying to/from SEA. And can concentrate on longhaul flying from there (the flights AS does not have the capabilities of flying).
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!
 
AmericanAir88
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 pm

Just booked a flight to LGA with a connection in DCA.

I noticed that AA is flying on 4/28 7x a day from DCA-LGA but yet all of the flights are mostly empty. Do the flights fill up in the last few days, or is AA fine flying semi-empty mainline planes between DCA and LGA?
 
MaxTrimm
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:32 am

AmericanAir88 wrote:
Just booked a flight to LGA with a connection in DCA.

I noticed that AA is flying on 4/28 7x a day from DCA-LGA but yet all of the flights are mostly empty. Do the flights fill up in the last few days, or is AA fine flying semi-empty mainline planes between DCA and LGA?

I’m gonna guess the latter. A business route, during an awkward post-Spring Break-yet-pre-Summer time in late April, and on a Wednesday. I wouldn’t bet too much on those getting anywhere close to full.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
AA will be up to 180 flights from DCA this summer, around 70% of its 2019 peak.
https://airlineweekly.com/washington-na ... emic-lull/

I'm guessing DFW, CLT, PHX, & MIA will likely be at or above 100% of 2019 domestic capacity, given the 90% guidance.

AA currently has 60 flights/day scheduled from RDU in August, nearly the same amount DL has scheduled from RDU (obviously both are placeholder schedules)


Should be = to ~100% of domestic flying in 2019 from these two:

"850 daily departures out of DFW in summer, 650 out of CLT"

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:07 am

June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).
 
Roots1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:38 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 am

The Key West growth continues. CLT-EYW upgauged to 5 daily A319's (from 5 EMB175's) in June.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am

rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


What about PHL - ATH? Did they remove European routes?
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 am

Detroit313 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


What about PHL - ATH? Did they remove European routes?


They haven't yet removed PHL-ATH, but a number of PHL originating TATL routes aren't operating this summer, including KEF, MAN, VCE, BUD, and PRG.

What was supposed to be flying this summer from PHL are:

AMS, ATH, BCN, DUB, EDI, LIS, LHR, MAD, CDG, FCO, SNN, ZRH.

Looks like EDI, LIS, SNN are supposedly being cut for 2021 as well.

The majority of these are leisure routes, with a few exceptions, and with Europe's vaccine rollout situation being what it is, it seems increasingly unlikely the remaining complement of PHL originating AA TATL routes will run this summer, except for LHR. If the Biden Administration lifts restrictions on international travel to/from Europe, then maybe, but summer travel planning to Europe would already have been largely made by now, and the situation is so fluid, with no real decisions anticipated until mid-May on lifting travel restrictions, even partially, that it seems like Europe 2021 isn't going to be a thing and the JFK routes are also seeing frequency cuts (FCO won't operate daily whenever it comes back on line).
 
aerace
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 am

Only ones running in summer are LHR, DUB, and AMS which I think are also cargo routes. Disappointing but also not surprised.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am

aerace wrote:
Only ones running in summer are LHR, DUB, and AMS which I think are also cargo routes. Disappointing but also not surprised.


Others are still for sale.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:25 am

Schedule changes for May and beyond
April 18, 2021

We will not resume service to the following destinations until Aug. 17 unless otherwise noted:

ATH – PHL
BCN – JFK
BCN – PHL
CDG – MIA
CDG – ORD
CDG –PHL
DUB – CLT
DUB – ORD (resumes July 2)
FCO – ORD
FCO – PHL
FRA – CLT
MAD – CLT (resumes July)
MAD – JFK (canceled June 3 – 16)
MAD – MIA (canceled June 3 – 16)
MAD – PHL (resumes July)

Additionally, our service to LHR will be reduced as follows:
LHR – PHX and LHR – RDU canceled through Aug. 16
LHR – DFW will operate once daily through Aug. 16
LHR – ORD will operate once daily through Aug. 16
LHR – JFK will operate once daily through June, then twice daily through Aug. 16
LHR – CLT will operate once daily through Aug. 16
LHR – PHL will operate once daily through Aug. 16
LHR – LAX will operate once daily through Aug. 16

We will not operate the following routes and they will resume in Summer 2022
EDI – PHL
SNN – PHL
BCN – ORD
DUB – DFW

Finally, our HKG – DFW service is now planned to resume Oct. 30.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 am

AA loves Athens. In June, Chicago will just have London and Athens. No Paris, no Barcelona, no Rome, no Dublin. But Athens, yes!
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1303
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
AA loves Athens. In June, Chicago will just have London and Athens. No Paris, no Barcelona, no Rome, no Dublin. But Athens, yes!

It’s most likely because Greece will have reopened to American tourists by then while the others seem to be remaining closed.
 
aerace
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
aerace wrote:
Only ones running in summer are LHR, DUB, and AMS which I think are also cargo routes. Disappointing but also not surprised.


Others are still for sale.


I guess let me clarify. "Summer" being June through half of August. Everything returns mid month, which I don't know how that makes sense unless there's a strong hope that things turn around as summer evolves. FWIW ATH and BCN go into October now, but who knows if they even launch.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 9311
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:30 pm

aerace wrote:
I guess let me clarify. "Summer" being June through half of August. Everything returns mid month, which I don't know how that makes sense unless there's a strong hope that things turn around as summer evolves.


Even that doesn't make sense. A lot of the summer TATL capacity historically revolves around 'kids' school schedules: primary, secondary, university. We won't find too many families trying to squeeze in a TATL vacation in late August. We're about four weeks away from TATL summer just being toast. If people haven't booked by mid-May - and they can't if borders are closed and/or flights aren't scheduled - they won't be going.
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:13 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


In addition, MCO will see 2x daily 787s from AA this summer.

Pasting over a list of domestic widebodies I posted on another site yesterday:

From Miami (MIA):

Miami (MIA) To Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) To New York (JFK):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 4x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 5x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Charlotte (CLT):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Boston (BOS):
- 2x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

----------------------------------------------------------

From Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-300ER
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 2x daily Boeing 787-8s

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to San Juan (SJU), Las Vegas (LAS), and Phoenix (PHX)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL)
- 1x daily 787-9
- 1x daily 777-300ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kona (KOA):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kahului (OGG):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

From Chicago (ORD):

*Chicago (ORD) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Phoenix (PHX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

*Chicago (ORD) to Orlando (MCO):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

Others:

Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) and Kahului (OGG)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Philadelphia (PHL) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

*Philadelphia (PHL) to Orlando (MCO)
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8 (effective July 1)

Charlotte (HNL) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:26 pm

aerace wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
aerace wrote:
Only ones running in summer are LHR, DUB, and AMS which I think are also cargo routes. Disappointing but also not surprised.


Others are still for sale.


I guess let me clarify. "Summer" being June through half of August. Everything returns mid month, which I don't know how that makes sense unless there's a strong hope that things turn around as summer evolves. FWIW ATH and BCN go into October now, but who knows if they even launch.


Sorry when I checked last the 3 party sites were still selling it, that’s my bad.
 
graham697
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:59 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 pm

 
phllax
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Ishrion wrote:
June/July schedule out

Pasting over a list of domestic widebodies I posted on another site yesterday:


Others:

Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) and Kahului (OGG)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Philadelphia (PHL) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

*Philadelphia (PHL) to Orlando (MCO)
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8 (effective July 1)


Well there goes the daily Dreamliner on PHL-LAX!
 
Detroit313
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:09 pm

There are some days in July that ORD - ATH is oversold by even 8 seats.
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:29 pm

graham697 wrote:


AA will be operating DFW/JFK-CDG through August 17. If the French government opens up to vaccinated citizens maybe they will move up MIA-CDG.
 
AAguy1992
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:18 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:04 am

Most of AA Europe will be open by Oct. Provided there isnt any more Covid, or the 2nd coming of Christ.
AAGuy 1992 :D
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:38 am

ContinentalEWR wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


What about PHL - ATH? Did they remove European routes?


They haven't yet removed PHL-ATH, but a number of PHL originating TATL routes aren't operating this summer, including KEF, MAN, VCE, BUD, and PRG.

What was supposed to be flying this summer from PHL are:

AMS, ATH, BCN, DUB, EDI, LIS, LHR, MAD, CDG, FCO, SNN, ZRH.

Looks like EDI, LIS, SNN are supposedly being cut for 2021 as well.

The majority of these are leisure routes, with a few exceptions, and with Europe's vaccine rollout situation being what it is, it seems increasingly unlikely the remaining complement of PHL originating AA TATL routes will run this summer, except for LHR. If the Biden Administration lifts restrictions on international travel to/from Europe, then maybe, but summer travel planning to Europe would already have been largely made by now, and the situation is so fluid, with no real decisions anticipated until mid-May on lifting travel restrictions, even partially, that it seems like Europe 2021 isn't going to be a thing and the JFK routes are also seeing frequency cuts (FCO won't operate daily whenever it comes back on line).


DUB and LHR ex PHL are already operating, AMS resumes on 5\6. JFk-FCO resumes at 3 times per week out on 5\8.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
chonetsao
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:43 am

phllax wrote:
Well there goes the daily Dreamliner on PHL-LAX!


You can fly via LAS instead.
 
KFTG
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:59 am

graham697 wrote:

France is going to lift travel restrictions in May with proof of vaccination for US citizens
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 276867002/
 
graham697
Posts: 406
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:59 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 pm

rjbesikof wrote:
graham697 wrote:


AA will be operating DFW/JFK-CDG through August 17. If the French government opens up to vaccinated citizens maybe they will move up MIA-CDG.


Hoping for PHL - much easier jaunt for us DCA-based flyers.
 
User avatar
gioannis13
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:28 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:39 pm

PTP it's also canceled this summer ?
SeaSunSex...........
 
NZ321
Posts: 1359
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:35 pm

KFTG wrote:
graham697 wrote:

France is going to lift travel restrictions in May with proof of vaccination for US citizens
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 276867002/


Who on Earth would want to go to France right now except those with an immediate need to see family? Have you checked their statistics re Covid?
Things are seriously not good. IMHO we need to give France time to get their house in order... and tourism should be the least of their concerns right now.
Plane mad!
 
DFWandOMA
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 pm

I seem to remember a month ago someone posted on AA applying for EAS routes. When will we find out if those have been approved? Hoping DFW-GRB is one of them.
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:47 pm

NZ321 wrote:
KFTG wrote:
graham697 wrote:

France is going to lift travel restrictions in May with proof of vaccination for US citizens
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 276867002/


Who on Earth would want to go to France right now except those with an immediate need to see family? Have you checked their statistics re Covid?
Things are seriously not good. IMHO we need to give France time to get their house in order... and tourism should be the least of their concerns right now.


France is actually doing a lot better with vaccination rates accelerating and while early days, the case numbers are starting to level off. Personally, I'd not go, but arguments can be made to open things up next month if the cases continue to drop. I do not think though that overall, international travel and specifically that to Europe, will be a big thing this summer in spite of recent additional routes.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
aerace wrote:
I guess let me clarify. "Summer" being June through half of August. Everything returns mid month, which I don't know how that makes sense unless there's a strong hope that things turn around as summer evolves.


Even that doesn't make sense. A lot of the summer TATL capacity historically revolves around 'kids' school schedules: primary, secondary, university. We won't find too many families trying to squeeze in a TATL vacation in late August. We're about four weeks away from TATL summer just being toast. If people haven't booked by mid-May - and they can't if borders are closed and/or flights aren't scheduled - they won't be going.


I think you're 100% right, although I'd hazard to guess it's less than 4 weeks from being toast. And if TATL to/from Europe is toast, that should increase demand even more to places like Fla., Hawaii, Carib., Mexico which may then mean even more widebodies than we're already seeing in the future schedules.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:52 pm

DFWandOMA wrote:
I seem to remember a month ago someone posted on AA applying for EAS routes. When will we find out if those have been approved? Hoping DFW-GRB is one of them.


It was SCASD applications by airports not airlines requesting service. Below is a summary from Ishrion. I am curious when this will be finalized as well.

Also the original forum regarding the applications
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1454827&p=22701675

Ishrion wrote:
Potential new AA routes with the Small Community Air Service Development Program: https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-2020-023

- Phoenix to Helena (HLN), McAllen (MFE)
- Dallas/Fort Worth to Green Bay (GRB), Great Falls (GTF), Appleton (ATW), Charleston West Virginia (CRW - Alternate), Medford (MFR)
- Chicago to Daytona Beach (DAB), Lynchburg (LYH)
- Washington (DCA) to Champaign/Urbana (CMI), Daytona Beach (DAB), Baton Rouge (BTR)
- Charlotte to Lakeland (LAL)
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 3573
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:53 pm

DFWandOMA wrote:
I seem to remember a month ago someone posted on AA applying for EAS routes. When will we find out if those have been approved? Hoping DFW-GRB is one of them.


Those routes such as DFW-GRB aren't Essential Air Service (EAS), they're Small Community Air Service Development Program (SCASDP) grants which are applied by the airports, such as GRB.

GRB's proposed timeline shows it expects to have a SCASD grant award announcement in June 2021. Page 25 of the entire document (page numbered 17): https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0231-0025

That's only the proposed timeline though. They're assuming the DOT will award the grants in mid to late 2021.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
It was SCASD applications by airports not airlines requesting service. Below is a summary from Ishrion. I am curious when this will be finalized as well.

Also the original forum regarding the applications
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1454827&p=22701675

Ishrion wrote:
Potential new AA routes with the Small Community Air Service Development Program: https://www.regulations.gov/docket/DOT-OST-2020-023

- Dallas/Fort Worth to Green Bay (GRB), Great Falls (GTF), Appleton (ATW), Charleston West Virginia (CRW - Alternate), Medford (MFR)


There are bigger holes at DFW than the lack of DFW-GRB/GTF/ATW/CRW/MFR nonstop service with ALB, ROC, and SYR having higher PDEW's from the DFW/DAL market than GRB, GTF, ATW, CRW, or MFR prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.

There would also be more than just O&D to support DFW-ALB/ROC/SYR nonstop service on AA with the connections that AA would be offering through DFW to other destinations in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Southern California, Hawaii, and Mexico.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Ishrion wrote:
DFWandOMA wrote:
I seem to remember a month ago someone posted on AA applying for EAS routes. When will we find out if those have been approved? Hoping DFW-GRB is one of them.


Those routes such as DFW-GRB aren't Essential Air Service (EAS), they're Small Community Air Service Development Program (SCASDP) grants which are applied by the airports, such as GRB.

GRB's proposed timeline shows it expects to have a SCASD grant award announcement in June 2021. Page 25 of the entire document (page numbered 17): https://www.regulations.gov/document/DO ... -0231-0025

That's only the proposed timeline though. They're assuming the DOT will award the grants in mid to late 2021.


I think the DOT might get the awards actually out in June this year targeting a Sept/Oct start-up in order to help travel bounce back better in the shoulder periods.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:32 pm

https://viewfromthewing.com/10-insights ... recording/

10 main pinpoints from AA "Crews News" discussion from last week that was shared with ViewFromTheWing
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
N292UX
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 pm

UA just added EWR-DBV this summer. AA was doing well on that route before COVID, and with Croatia allowing tourists, I wonder if AA will reinstate the route to fire back at UA
 
FSDan
Posts: 3403
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:04 am

Ishrion wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


In addition, MCO will see 2x daily 787s from AA this summer.

Pasting over a list of domestic widebodies I posted on another site yesterday:

From Miami (MIA):

Miami (MIA) To Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) To New York (JFK):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 4x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 5x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Charlotte (CLT):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Boston (BOS):
- 2x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

----------------------------------------------------------

From Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-300ER
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 2x daily Boeing 787-8s

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to San Juan (SJU), Las Vegas (LAS), and Phoenix (PHX)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL)
- 1x daily 787-9
- 1x daily 777-300ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kona (KOA):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kahului (OGG):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

From Chicago (ORD):

*Chicago (ORD) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Phoenix (PHX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

*Chicago (ORD) to Orlando (MCO):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

Others:

Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) and Kahului (OGG)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Philadelphia (PHL) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

*Philadelphia (PHL) to Orlando (MCO)
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8 (effective July 1)

Charlotte (HNL) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER


There are a few small differences for June:

DFW-OGG is 2x 777-200ER rather than 1x 777-200ER and 1x 787-8
DFW-PHL is just 1x 787-8 (this is eastbound only, with an extra southbound 788 leg on PHL-MIA, a one-way northbound 788 flight on MIA-ORD, and a one-way southbound 788 flight on ORD-DFW to balance things out)
One of the 3x 777-300ER flights on DFW-MIA and reverse only operates 4x weekly (westbound Thurs-Sun, eastbound Fri-Mon)

Also, I'm not sure if some of these have been previously announced/discussed, but I noticed the following reductions in the June schedule:
  • MIA-HAV is down to just a 1x weekly 788 flight on Mondays (guessing that's an entry restriction from the Cuba side?) with the 788 doing a MIA-PAP-MIA turn the other 6 days of the week
  • DFW-GRU is down to 3x weekly 789 (was previously planned as daily)
  • DFW-FCO is down to 3x weekly 788 (was a daily 789?)
  • MIA-GRU is downgauged to a daily 772 (formerly 77W)
  • MIA-GIG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-GRU is down to 3x weekly 77W (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-CDG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-FCO is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)

And JFK-SCL isn't flying over the summer, which I believe was previously announced.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
USAirALB
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://viewfromthewing.com/10-insights-into-american-airlines-strategy-from-leaked-recording/

10 main pinpoints from AA "Crews News" discussion from last week that was shared with ViewFromTheWing

LAX-Europe routes sans from LHR/JV destinations have traditionally struggled for the US3.

Both AA and UA did LAX-CDG pre-9/11, UA attempted LAX-FRA before the 2008 Financial Crisis, and DL has been off and on LHR/AMS/CDG for a while. I don't see CDG/FRA/AMS due to the JV strength in those markets. I guess DUB/FCO/MAD would make the most sense. LAX-TLV would also be interesting too.

It's interesting to see that LAX-EZE wasn't profitable, as it was reported profitable by many when the route was operating. While they said LAX-EZE wasn't returning, they didn't say anything about LAX-GRU, so I am wondering if that will come back (like several have said) when the Brazilian economy improves.

I do wonder how bad AA's performance on LAX-PVG was compared to UA and DL.

Still waiting for the return of LAX-IAD.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744ER, 752, 753, 762, 763ER, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:57 am

FSDan wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


In addition, MCO will see 2x daily 787s from AA this summer.

Pasting over a list of domestic widebodies I posted on another site yesterday:

From Miami (MIA):

Miami (MIA) To Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) To New York (JFK):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 4x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 5x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Charlotte (CLT):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Boston (BOS):
- 2x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

----------------------------------------------------------

From Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-300ER
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 2x daily Boeing 787-8s

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to San Juan (SJU), Las Vegas (LAS), and Phoenix (PHX)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL)
- 1x daily 787-9
- 1x daily 777-300ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kona (KOA):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kahului (OGG):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

From Chicago (ORD):

*Chicago (ORD) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Phoenix (PHX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

*Chicago (ORD) to Orlando (MCO):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

Others:

Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) and Kahului (OGG)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Philadelphia (PHL) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

*Philadelphia (PHL) to Orlando (MCO)
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8 (effective July 1)

Charlotte (HNL) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER


There are a few small differences for June:

DFW-OGG is 2x 777-200ER rather than 1x 777-200ER and 1x 787-8
DFW-PHL is just 1x 787-8 (this is eastbound only, with an extra southbound 788 leg on PHL-MIA, a one-way northbound 788 flight on MIA-ORD, and a one-way southbound 788 flight on ORD-DFW to balance things out)
One of the 3x 777-300ER flights on DFW-MIA and reverse only operates 4x weekly (westbound Thurs-Sun, eastbound Fri-Mon)

Also, I'm not sure if some of these have been previously announced/discussed, but I noticed the following reductions in the June schedule:
  • MIA-HAV is down to just a 1x weekly 788 flight on Mondays (guessing that's an entry restriction from the Cuba side?) with the 788 doing a MIA-PAP-MIA turn the other 6 days of the week
  • DFW-GRU is down to 3x weekly 789 (was previously planned as daily)
  • DFW-FCO is down to 3x weekly 788 (was a daily 789?)
  • MIA-GRU is downgauged to a daily 772 (formerly 77W)
  • MIA-GIG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-GRU is down to 3x weekly 77W (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-CDG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-FCO is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)

And JFK-SCL isn't flying over the summer, which I believe was previously announced.


JFK SCL is showing as a start date of July 2nd, however, if Chile is still locked down and with borders closed can’t imagine it starting in July. And yes, Cuba is restricting the number of flights into the country due to the high number of Covid cases.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 pm

FSDan wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
June/July schedule out
1) As mentioned in the AA article, JFK/LAX-MIA operate solely on 772/77W.
2) ORD-ATH resumes on a 788 and JFK-ATH commences on a 772.
3) LAX-DFW has 3 widebody flights (the 8 AM from SYD on a 789, a 10:30 AM flight on a 772, and a 12:43 flight on a 77W).


In addition, MCO will see 2x daily 787s from AA this summer.

Pasting over a list of domestic widebodies I posted on another site yesterday:

From Miami (MIA):

Miami (MIA) To Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) To New York (JFK):
- 3x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 4x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 5x daily Boeing 777-300ERs
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to Charlotte (CLT):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Miami (MIA) to Boston (BOS):
- 2x daily Boeing 777-200ERs

Miami (MIA) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Miami (MIA) to San Juan (SJU):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

----------------------------------------------------------

From Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW):

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-300ER
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Chicago (ORD):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Philadelphia (PHL):
- 2x daily Boeing 787-8s

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to San Juan (SJU), Las Vegas (LAS), and Phoenix (PHX)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL)
- 1x daily 787-9
- 1x daily 777-300ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kona (KOA):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Kahului (OGG):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

*Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

From Chicago (ORD):

*Chicago (ORD) to Anchorage (ANC):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

Chicago (ORD) to Phoenix (PHX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

Chicago (ORD) to Los Angeles (LAX):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

*Chicago (ORD) to Orlando (MCO):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-9

----------------------------------------------------------

Others:

Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) and Kahului (OGG)
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER

Philadelphia (PHL) to Las Vegas (LAS):
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8

*Philadelphia (PHL) to Orlando (MCO)
- 1x daily Boeing 787-8 (effective July 1)

Charlotte (HNL) to Honolulu (HNL):
- 1x daily Boeing 777-200ER


There are a few small differences for June:

DFW-OGG is 2x 777-200ER rather than 1x 777-200ER and 1x 787-8
DFW-PHL is just 1x 787-8 (this is eastbound only, with an extra southbound 788 leg on PHL-MIA, a one-way northbound 788 flight on MIA-ORD, and a one-way southbound 788 flight on ORD-DFW to balance things out)
One of the 3x 777-300ER flights on DFW-MIA and reverse only operates 4x weekly (westbound Thurs-Sun, eastbound Fri-Mon)

Also, I'm not sure if some of these have been previously announced/discussed, but I noticed the following reductions in the June schedule:
  • MIA-HAV is down to just a 1x weekly 788 flight on Mondays (guessing that's an entry restriction from the Cuba side?) with the 788 doing a MIA-PAP-MIA turn the other 6 days of the week
  • DFW-GRU is down to 3x weekly 789 (was previously planned as daily)
  • DFW-FCO is down to 3x weekly 788 (was a daily 789?)
  • MIA-GRU is downgauged to a daily 772 (formerly 77W)
  • MIA-GIG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-GRU is down to 3x weekly 77W (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-CDG is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)
  • JFK-FCO is down to 3x weekly 772 (was previously planned as daily)

And JFK-SCL isn't flying over the summer, which I believe was previously announced.


JFK-CDG and JFK-GRU were resumed very recently and initially were going out daily on a 772 and 77W respectively. I had heard AA 44 (CDG) was going out with around 15 pax for a few days of the week so this does not surprise. They can always ramp it back to daily if travel opens up to France. Brazil is a market that will just continue to shrink for months if not a year or two. The COVID situation there is out of control.

DFW-FCO resumed as a daily service late March or early April, and was a 788 (it wasn't a 789).
 
FSDan
Posts: 3403
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
DFW-FCO resumed as a daily service late March or early April, and was a 788 (it wasn't a 789).


I believe the 789 was the originally scheduled equipment for the summer months. Either that or a 772. So it's been downgauged from what was recently on sale for the same time period.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
ContinentalEWR
Posts: 4208
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 2:50 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:00 pm

FSDan wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
DFW-FCO resumed as a daily service late March or early April, and was a 788 (it wasn't a 789).


I believe the 789 was the originally scheduled equipment for the summer months. Either that or a 772. So it's been downgauged from what was recently on sale for the same time period.


I think that is correct. It was a 772 before COVID.
 
User avatar
Midwestindy
Posts: 5984
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:40 pm

"American Airlines to resume hiring pilots this fall as travel demand recovers"

"The carrier will start with adding 300 pilots by the end of the year and double that in 2022, according to a company memo"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/20/america ... overs.html
ORD & IND

AA & DL
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 25252
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:01 pm

AA indeed reducing flights to South America because of weak demand due COVID.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerosp ... 021-04-19/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
rjbesikof
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 am

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 am

I know ORD/JFK-ATH start at the beginning of June. What day does their season end this year?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos