Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GulfstreamFive

Re: AA Launches MIA-AXA, MIA-DOM

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:14 am

airplanedaj wrote:
LCDFlight wrote:
These are cool missions for the modest E175. I like seeing airplanes used to their full capability. These are long overwater trips that the E175 can do with ease.

MIA-AXA is 1300 nm, MIA-DOM is 1500 nm. With an alternate theres no way these flights don't leave weight restricted or needing a tech stop. Especially out of these short runways. The 175 can barely do it, theres no ease about it.

Not sure how you are calculating that but I get 1,061nm AXA-MIA. Max range on the E175 is 2,200nm. Even with AXA runway of 5,463ft, that does not sound restricted from my point of view; but I don’t have a Type in the E175, so maybe someone who drives one can give better insight.

usflyer msp

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:39 am

N292UX wrote:
Totally thought this said "MIA-AXA, MIA-DOH" at first and almost jumped out of my seat. But I think these routes should do well with the E175 and I could see AA adding more weekly frequencies down the road for both cities. Also cool to see a lot of the cities formerly served by AA ATR-72 back in the SJU hub days getting AA service back, this time from MIA.

I was going to say EIS may be a future possibility too, however with its 4,600 foot runway, even the E175 can't land there.

DOM's runway is 4600 ft as well so EIS is definitely possible barring some local restrictions.

Zidane

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:50 am

Here is a recent AIP covering most of the islands for more informed speculation.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 39MBfwHvIU

BoeingGuy

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:53 am

usflyer msp wrote:
N292UX wrote:
Totally thought this said "MIA-AXA, MIA-DOH" at first and almost jumped out of my seat. But I think these routes should do well with the E175 and I could see AA adding more weekly frequencies down the road for both cities. Also cool to see a lot of the cities formerly served by AA ATR-72 back in the SJU hub days getting AA service back, this time from MIA.

I was going to say EIS may be a future possibility too, however with its 4,600 foot runway, even the E175 can't land there.

DOM's runway is 4600 ft as well so EIS is definitely possible barring some local restrictions.

DOM’s runway is 5700 ft. About the same as SNA.

usflyer msp

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:39 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
N292UX wrote:

You are right. The chart I was looking at was very old. DOM-MIA should have no problems with a runway that long.

LCDFlight

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

You are right. The chart I was looking at was very old. DOM-MIA should have no problems with a runway that long.

It is cool they are giving the E175 fun work like that. Lucky planes.

LimaFoxTango

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:37 pm

DaveMetroD wrote:
Flew into/out of DOM on American Eagle ATR-72 from SJU years ago.

Coming in over the mountains shouldn't be a problem for the ERJ-175 as long as the visibility isn't impaired.

But what concerns me is the possibility of using runway 27 at night.
While the winds calm towards nightfall, I wouldn't want to be on an aircraft that has to go around.
Make a steep climb out of the valley with the possibility of tailwinds? No thanks.
In any case, I suspect that the use of runway 27 by an ERJ-175 is beyond the tech specs.

IIRC, the Amerijet 727 was weight restricted out of DOM.
The ATR-72 was weight restricted.
While waiting to load at SJU, we were switched to a different ATR-72.
The one that was scheduled had too much fuel on-board.
It was quicker to get another one than offload some fuel.

There's no weight restriction on the ATR 72 out of DOM. There's also no go around on runway 27 after the shoreline, and as a result of US regs I don't think they'll get approval to land on 27 day or night. Certain times of the year, the easterly tradewinds increases which would easily pass the tailwind limitation prohibiting landing on 27 as well.

usflyer msp

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:04 pm

LimaFoxTango wrote:
DaveMetroD wrote:
Flew into/out of DOM on American Eagle ATR-72 from SJU years ago.

Coming in over the mountains shouldn't be a problem for the ERJ-175 as long as the visibility isn't impaired.

But what concerns me is the possibility of using runway 27 at night.
While the winds calm towards nightfall, I wouldn't want to be on an aircraft that has to go around.
Make a steep climb out of the valley with the possibility of tailwinds? No thanks.
In any case, I suspect that the use of runway 27 by an ERJ-175 is beyond the tech specs.

IIRC, the Amerijet 727 was weight restricted out of DOM.
The ATR-72 was weight restricted.
While waiting to load at SJU, we were switched to a different ATR-72.
The one that was scheduled had too much fuel on-board.
It was quicker to get another one than offload some fuel.

There's no weight restriction on the ATR 72 out of DOM. There's also no go around on runway 27 after the shoreline, and as a result of US regs I don't think they'll get approval to land on 27 day or night. Certain times of the year, the easterly tradewinds increases which would easily pass the tailwind limitation prohibiting landing on 27 as well.

DOM added 1100 ft to their runway in 2010. An AT7 very well might have been weight restricted prior to 2010.

DCA350

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:36 pm

travaz wrote:
This photo of the ATR is labeled Oct 2018. Also if you google Airport DOM you get some nice Photos of a C-117:
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x ... 3oECFcQAw#

Edit Typo

Wow, thanks for the link.. Surely if a C-17 and C-130 can serve DOM, an E-175 will have no issues.

DaveMetroD

Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm

usflyer msp wrote:

DOM added 1100 ft to their runway in 2010. An AT7 very well might have been weight restricted prior to 2010.

It was December, 2010 after the improvements.
Could be American Eagle hadn't updated their manuals to reflect the airfield changes.

That link Zidane posted was good info about DOM.

I just hope the Dominica government realizes that getting same day service from a good chunk of the USA is far more important than bulldozing a chunk of the Nature Island for a runway that likely will experience crosswind restrictions.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 am

FYI

AXA is TQPF
AZS is MDCY
CAP is MTCH
CYB is MWCB
DOM is TDPD
TAB is TTCP
CAY is SOCA

dcajet

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2021

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:30 pm

Currently suspended due to COVID, Manaus MAO (Brazil) is gone for good from AA´s network. Used to operate with A319 from the MIA hub

https://crankyflier.com/2021/07/26/big- ... -airlines/

MAH4546

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:42 pm

dcajet wrote:
Currently suspended due to COVID, Manaus MAO (Brazil) is gone for good from AA´s network. Used to operate with A319 from the MIA hub

Manaus will return.

It actually did return earlier this year and was suspended again with the rise there.

ContinentalEWR

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:01 pm

dcajet wrote:

MIA-MAO was restarted this year, with an A319 and sometimes operated on 737-MAX8 as AA 1265. It was suspended in early May.

dcajet

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:37 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Manaus will return.

It actually did return earlier this year and was suspended again with the rise there.

We had a similar conversation regarding MVD a few months ago, didn´t we?

Eventually Manaus will return (as will a few more cities in Brazil such as CNF and BSB). In the meantime, MAO is gone from the published schedule. Cancelled, suspended... but no longer bookable for the next 11 mos out,

Incidentally, Eastern has cancelled for good its plans to fly between Boston and Belo Horizonte, but still hoping for Miami - Belo Horizonte.

IFlyMGN

American Service to Montgomery AL

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Have been watching the service between DFW and MGM for the past several weeks. To say that there's been a service meltdown would be an understatement. Has American over extended themselves with a robust schedule but no staff to fly the route?

kbmiflyer

Re: American Service to Montgomery AL

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:30 pm

It is not American, of course. It is the regional airlines. Not sure if MGM is served by Skywest or Mesa, but both have their issues. Here at BMI we recently switch back to Mesa CRJ900s from Skywest CRJ 700's and service has gone downhill. The Mesa midday flight is hardly ever on time. I think it is a mix of mechanical issues and crew availability. My preferred order of AA regionals is Envoy, Republic, Skywest, Mesa.

Not 100% the airlines fault always. DFW is prone to weather delays from storms this time of year.

PI4EVR

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:47 pm

It was not specifically outlined what the "meltdown" has been, but assume delays and cancellations on a daily basis. Well it appears MGM hits the jackpot with 4 regional airlines serving the city with nonstops to CLT, DCA and DFW. I'm sure operational issues due to maintenance and staffing, along with weather can easily make things go awry quickly. SkyWest, Mesa, PSA and Piedmont may all share issues, and with varied and somewhat small size aircraft it likely is difficult to easily protect customers on delayed or canceled flights.

IFlyMGN

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Between Mesa and Envoy...they've both had their issues. I was on their Mesa flight a week ago. The flight was supposed to depart DFW at 9:22 PM. We didn't have a flight crew until midnight. Mesa had one poor gate agent attempting to handle three gates. Had a wheelchair bound passenger sit at the gate for almost an hour. No one would come to take her to where she was supposed to be.

MAH4546

Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:55 pm

dcajet wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Manaus will return.

Eventually Manaus will return (as will a few more cities in Brazil such as CNF and BSB). In the meantime, MAO is gone from the published schedule. Cancelled, suspended... but no longer bookable for the next 11 mos out,

Incidentally, Eastern has cancelled for good its plans to fly between Boston and Belo Horizonte, but still hoping for Miami - Belo Horizonte.

Ok, and? Manaus is returning, as is Miami-Milan too. I get it, gone from the current schedule. It's coming back. Just like Montevideo did, which for a moment was also wiped off the entire schedule. Cap Hatien also on track to return, and, for the first time since 1993, Aguadilla. And we'll probably see Cordoba and Santa Cruz back too, but further out.

Qantas744er

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 am

Any insight on how AA is performing on JFK-TLV-JFK so far? I’m wondering if this route is a likely candidate for up-gauge to B77W

I suspect JFK-DEL-JFK may be another down the road (of course it first needs to actually launch).

ContinentalEWR

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:04 am

Qantas744er wrote:
Any insight on how AA is performing on JFK-TLV-JFK so far? I’m wondering if this route is a likely candidate for up-gauge to B77W

I suspect JFK-DEL-JFK may be another down the road (of course it first needs to actually launch).

The TLV route had a rough start, as within days of the launch, it was suspended due to the conflict there but quickly resumed as hostilities subsided. The departure time was moved up earlier as well, as the first few weeks AA 146 departed well after midnight. It is now scheduled for 11:35PM and according to Flight Aware anyway, it has been mostly on time the past 10 or so days. I could see it become a 77W, and part of me feels absent a pandemic, it would have launched as a 777-300ER route. UA, DL, and LY all fly the NY area to TLV with their newest products, the 787-10 (UA), 787-9 (LY), and the A339 (DL), but operational ease is probably why AA flies it with a 772 rather than the 77W right now, though it would not be that hard to rotate another frame through MIA for this if they needed to. The MIA-TLV route also flies with a 772 so again, operational considerations are probably why the 77W isn't used, yet.

I doubt AA will put the 77W on JFK-DEL any time soon and I suspect the route will end up being pushed back from its launch date.

The 77W is premium heavy so unless AA is carrying a lot of corporate travel on this flight when it does launch, the 77W will be too much plane. Then again, AA's only JFK competition on a DEL route will be AI, which flies it on a 77W. I still don't see the route being launched as scheduled and even more doubtful it will be upgauged to a 77W.
Last edited by ContinentalEWR on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ContinentalEWR

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:05 am

MAH4546 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Manaus will return.

Ok, and? Manaus is returning, as is Miami-Milan too. I get it, gone from the current schedule. It's coming back. Just like Montevideo did, which for a moment was also wiped off the entire schedule. Cap Hatien also on track to return, and, for the first time since 1993, Aguadilla. And we'll probably see Cordoba and Santa Cruz back too, but further out.

What is the source of MIA-MXP resuming?

Airlines0613

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 am

ContinentalEWR wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Simple, COVID-19 and common sense. Majority of the routes were suspended solely because of high COVID infection rates. Once it subsides, they are bound to come back. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

ContinentalEWR

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:55 am

Airlines0613 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Simple, COVID-19 and common sense. Majority of the routes were suspended solely because of high COVID infection rates. Once it subsides, they are bound to come back. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Thank goodness you've reminded us of that or we would never have known. Thank god for you,

Miami-Milan was suspended in March 2020 at the same time JFK-MXP was suspended, because, in the JFK case, crews refused to fly it, as COVID was surging in Italy and particularly in Lombardy. There has not been any announcement of MIA-MXP resuming that I could find. JFK-MXP resumed already and flies daily. South Florida, and Miami in particular is a major destination for Italy POS, but not in the current environment where the US retains restrictions on inbound arrivals from Europe.

9w748capt

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 pm

ContinentalEWR wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious. Thank goodness you've reminded us of that or we would never have known. Thank god for you,

Miami-Milan was suspended in March 2020 at the same time JFK-MXP was suspended, because, in the JFK case, crews refused to fly it, as COVID was surging in Italy and particularly in Lombardy. There has not been any announcement of MIA-MXP resuming that I could find. JFK-MXP resumed already and flies daily. South Florida, and Miami in particular is a major destination for Italy POS, but not in the current environment where the US retains restrictions on inbound arrivals from Europe.

Uh... exactly. So you seriously think that AA wouldn't resume MIA-MXP and MIA-MAO whenever it is that the world is back to normal again? You're not going to believe it until AA specifically states they're resuming these routes? It's called ... common sense.

HCLF

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:16 pm

alasizon wrote:
DFWandOMA wrote:
DFWandOMA wrote:
I seem to remember a month ago someone posted on AA applying for EAS routes. When will we find out if those have been approved? Hoping DFW-GRB is one of them.

Any update on EAS routes that AA applied for this spring?

It was SCASD, AA didn't apply for anything, rather airports apply for funds to support new service with specific targets in mind that they would like to recruit.

SCASD hasn't been awarded yet.

GRB-DFW was not approved, but ATW-DFW was. Just 20 miles down I-41 from GRB. https://fox11online.com/news/local/with ... -to-dallas

jplatts

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:02 pm

HCLF wrote:
GRB-DFW was not approved, but ATW-DFW was. Just 20 miles down I-41 from GRB. https://fox11online.com/news/local/with ... -to-dallas

AA adding GRB-DFW nonstop service might be a possibility if the demand is there. There are also some Midwestern markets smaller than GRB that already have nonstop service to DFW on AA.

There are some other Midwestern destinations that AA could add nonstop service to out of DFW such as CAK, DBQ, FNT, AZO, LAN, RST, TOL, ALO, and CWA.

flyinryan99

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:23 pm

jplatts wrote:
HCLF wrote:

AA adding GRB-DFW nonstop service might be a possibility if the demand is there. There are also some Midwestern markets smaller than GRB that already have nonstop service to DFW on AA.

There are some other Midwestern destinations that AA could add nonstop service to out of DFW such as CAK, DBQ, FNT, AZO, LAN, RST, TOL, ALO, and CWA.

Not sure they're going to add TOL-DFW anytime soon as they are cutting TOL-CLT in November.

dcajet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:53 pm

9w748capt wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:

Uh... exactly. So you seriously think that AA wouldn't resume MIA-MXP and MIA-MAO whenever it is that the world is back to normal again? You're not going to believe it until AA specifically states they're resuming these routes? It's called ... common sense.

Or it can also be referred to as wishful thinking. Until it's heard from AA about a date and concrete plans for the return of any of these suspended/cancelled routes, that´s all they are: speculations.

9w748capt

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 pm

dcajet wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:

Or it can also be referred to as wishful thinking. Until it's heard from AA about a date and concrete plans for the return of any of these suspended/cancelled routes, that´s all they are: speculations.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyone with half a brain knows AA's dominant position in MIA as well as Brazil, so it's only a matter of when AA resumes MAO, not if. The only US carrier that served MAO so assuming covid ever ends, why wouldn't AA reassume this service?

9w748capt

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:11 pm

jplatts wrote:
HCLF wrote:

Ugh, I really doubt DFW-AZO will ever happen, as nice as it would be. AA is still only at 2x/day for AZO-ORD, so until they can or want to go back to the pre-covid 3-4x/day to ORD, I can't see them adding AZO.

dcajet

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:25 pm

9w748capt wrote:
dcajet wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Anyone with half a brain knows AA's dominant position in MIA as well as Brazil, so it's only a matter of when AA resumes MAO, not if. The only US carrier that served MAO so assuming covid ever ends, why wouldn't AA reassume this service?

And who on here has said it won't resume? What some of us on here object to is to throwing around statements such as "this route is coming back" without any evidence, other than their own speculations, to back it up.

CIDFlyer

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:02 pm

flyinryan99 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
HCLF wrote:

Not sure they're going to add TOL-DFW anytime soon as they are cutting TOL-CLT in November.

I didn’t realize TOL-CLT was getting cut. That’s too bad. It was doing well pre covid even up to a
CR7

SESGDL

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 pm

9w748capt wrote:
ContinentalEWR wrote:
Airlines0613 wrote:

The same could be said for most routes that operated successfully pre-Covid. Until an actual announcement is made, anything else is pure speculation.

Jeremy

JohanTally

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
flyinryan99 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

I didn’t realize TOL-CLT was getting cut. That’s too bad. It was doing well pre covid even up to a
CR7

It's currently slated to return first week of April but obviously way to early to tell

FSDan

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:19 am

9w748capt wrote:
dcajet wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

No need to be combative about this - it's perfectly reasonable to question whether AA will be resuming these routes in the near term given that the airline has a far smaller international fleet now and demand patterns have changed. It's definitely possible that they'll be resumed (e.g. if MIA-PBM flops and AA starts to see demand rebuilding to Brazil, they could reallocate a 319 to MIA-MAO). However, it's also possible that demand to places like MAO won't recover quickly, and AA will decide they can make more money from that 319 doing a few extra turns to places like IAH, ATL, or STT. Similarly, bringing back MIA-MXP may be in the cards, or it may need to take a back seat to bringing back international capacity from PHL, building JFK's portfolio, etc.

usflyer msp

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:39 am

I think MIA-MAO will return as well, probably on 737MAX8.
Considering Manaus was probably the city most affected by COVID in the world - it will probably take a few years to recover.
AA and GOL could also unofficially trade. BSB-MIA would probably be better served by an AA 321XLR and MAO-MIA might be better served by a G3 737MAX.

ContinentalEWR

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 am

FSDan wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
dcajet wrote:

No need to be combative about this - it's perfectly reasonable to question whether AA will be resuming these routes in the near term given that the airline has a far smaller international fleet now and demand patterns have changed. It's definitely possible that they'll be resumed (e.g. if MIA-PBM flops and AA starts to see demand rebuilding to Brazil, they could reallocate a 319 to MIA-MAO). However, it's also possible that demand to places like MAO won't recover quickly, and AA will decide they can make more money from that 319 doing a few extra turns to places like IAH, ATL, or STT. Similarly, bringing back MIA-MXP may be in the cards, or it may need to take a back seat to bringing back international capacity from PHL, building JFK's portfolio, etc.

Vasu Raja has indicated in prior quarterly updates that the AA international footprint will very likely be different, smaller, and a bit more consolidated in the post-pandemic world, whenever that may happen. I believe he was speaking about long haul primarily and even more specifically about AA's TPAC and TATL networks. In spite of the stupid, uninformed, and immature statements made in this thread (and there are plenty of them) it would make sense for Miami-Manaus and Miami-Milan to return, eventually, but most likely not until the Spring 2022 scheduling at the earliest, depending on where things stand with COVID19 then.

flyinryan99

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:35 pm

JohanTally wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:
flyinryan99 wrote:

CR7

It's currently slated to return first week of April but obviously way to early to tell

I bet it doesn't come back at all. Returning first week of April is missing almost 90% of the Spring break season...
This cut has basically ended my run with staying loyal to AA...I'm not pinning my business travel this winter flying through ORD.

AVLAirlineFreq

Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:56 pm

flyinryan99 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:
CIDFlyer wrote:

CR7

I bet it doesn't come back at all. Returning first week of April is missing almost 90% of the Spring break season...

Easter in 2022 is April 17. The first week of April picks up quite a bit of spring break traffic.

CIDFlyer

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:59 pm

I noticed CMI-CLT is also gone but back in April. It looks like currently they are operated on Piedmont E140s. Are they retiring that aircraft? Is that a possibility why these flights are gone for a while?

JohanTally

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:07 pm

CIDFlyer wrote:
I noticed CMI-CLT is also gone but back in April. It looks like currently they are operated on Piedmont E140s. Are they retiring that aircraft? Is that a possibility why these flights are gone for a while?

I haven't heard any news on PT retiring aircraft but a lot of their fleet is 20 years old. If they plan on continuing to be an airline it's about time to figure their next fleet.

flyinryan99

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:55 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
flyinryan99 wrote:
JohanTally wrote:

Easter in 2022 is April 17. The first week of April picks up quite a bit of spring break traffic.

While that may be the case, most of the school systems in NW Ohio are on break late March with how late Easter falls this year. My kids is from March 26 - April 3.

LAXintl

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:04 pm

SkyWest says it will add eleven additional CRJ700s to the American network by mid-2023. This is in additional to 6 additional CRJ700s that entered AA network in Q2 per previous agreement. In total 101 CRJ700s will be under agreement with AA.

https://inc.skywest.com/assets/Uploads/ ... elease.pdf

9w748capt

Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:10 pm

LAXintl wrote:
SkyWest says it will add eleven additional CRJ700s to the American network by mid-2023. This is in additional to 6 additional CRJ700s that entered AA network in Q2 per previous agreement. In total 101 CRJ700s will be under agreement with AA.

Gross - have noticed many more flights on CR7s now that used to be on E75s. OKC-LAX comes to mind. A significant downgrade IMO.

usflyer msp

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:20 pm

9w748capt wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

Gross - have noticed many more flights on CR7s now that used to be on E75s. OKC-LAX comes to mind. A significant downgrade IMO.

65-seat CRJ-700's don't count against AA's scope clause while the 76-seat E75's do.
AA's scope clause for planes over 65-seats is 40% of the mainline fleet. The mainline fleet has been shrinking during COVID so they have had to bring in CR7's and E70's to remain compliant with the pilot's contract.

9w748capt

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:24 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

65-seat CRJ-700's don't count against AA's scope clause while the 76-seat E75's do.
AA's scope clause for planes over 65-seats is 40% of the mainline fleet. The mainline fleet has been shrinking during COVID so they have had to bring in CR7's and E70's to remain compliant with the pilot's contract.

Interesting - did not know that - thanks!

Seat1F

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:29 pm

9w748capt wrote:

IAH-LAX too. Over two hours on a CR7 with no forward bathroom? No thanks.

MLIAA

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Seat1F wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

IAH-LAX too. Over two hours on a CR7 with no forward bathroom? No thanks.

These will almost certainly return to their previous E175 service once SkyWest receives their 20 175s in the next 6-9 months.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos