Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Nicknuzzii

Re: Jetblue Network Thread - 2021

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm

BlueBaller wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:
On the topic of growth, B6 is running 724 scheduled flights today (3/28) with a system load of 77.5%. I can't remember the all time high, but I feel like it was in the ~1150 range.

This is the highest of either metric since the numbers started its downward plummet last Spring.

Do you have LFs for individual stations? If so, NYC airports would be much Appreciated!

BOS ran 58% LF today

Thanks for sharing! That is awful considering it’s a peak day. The EWR stats aren’t available to anyone?

BlueBaller

Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Do you have LFs for individual stations? If so, NYC airports would be much Appreciated!

BOS ran 58% LF today

Thanks for sharing! That is awful considering it’s a peak day. The EWR stats aren’t available to anyone?

No problem. Not great, numbers were higher during vacation concentration. I assume EWR data would be available to a local station manager. I get my daily emails tailored to me because I'm BOS based. JFK, FLL, MCO and LAX based crews should get similar information. Outstation data isn't broadly disseminated.

jfklganyc

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:38 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

BOS ran 58% LF today

NY area schools are on Easter-Passover break.

Perhaps Boston schools arent off this week?

Cboyle

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:41 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
BlueBaller wrote:

BOS ran 58% LF today

Boston schools won’t be off until April 19 I believe

IdlewildJFK

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:58 pm

Cboyle wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Boston schools won’t be off until April 19 I believe

Correct. MA winter/spring school vacations (week long each) are tied to two days, Presidents Day in FEB, and Patriots’ Day (a state holiday) in April (3rd Monday in April).

tphuang

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:05 am

hbernal1 wrote:
Looking at some of the routes that you list as easy cuts, I think they can be moved over to LAX. CLE-RSW can be moved over to LAX, and CLE-LAX seems like a route B6 would want to add regardless. PIT-PBI can also be cut to make room for PIT-LAX. ORD-PBI should be cut, but I think it would be better to start ORD-SJU instead and wait for A220s to come in before starting ORD-LAX. Also, since when did B6 fly MCO-BPG (or did you mean MCO-BOG)?

What I would expect to see B6 do at LAX is to add more thin stuff and whatever leisure/VFR they can jump in on. My guess is that in the summer, B6 will operate close to 30-35 flights on any given day (2019 LAX+LGB combined capacity was roughly 40-45 daily flights). Modest growth would probably allow for B6 to add LAX-CLE/CMH/PIT/PVR/RSW/TPA by 2022 and by the end of 2022, we see stuff like LAX-GUA/SAL and maybe an announcement for LAX-HNL/OGG to start in winter 2022 or Q1 2023. Then after that, I think we see the adds like ORD/PHX/SMF and we see B6 start stuff like IAD or PHL transcon and maybe YVR if they want to go to Canada.

As for SFO, I'd really only expect to see LAS/SJD added by 2022. Schumer wanted BUF to get SFO service before COVID happened and given BUF-LAX was pretty successful before COVID, maybe that's something B6 jumps on at some point. I can see some Florida stuff thrown in the mix, so maybe SFO-TPA gets added. For leisure, they can practically copy and paste what they would probably want offer from LAX: HNL/OGG/PVR/SJD. Overall, I would expect the strategy to be pretty similar to LAX - jump on Florida and leisure sooner and add the competitive stuff later.

So my guess is we'll see by 2026, B6 looks like this: 240 JFK, 225 BOS, 135 FLL, 110 EWR, 80 LAX, 70 MCO, 60 SFO, 55 RDU with large outstations in AUS/CUN/LAS/MIA (>20 flights each).

Keep in mind that not all flights are created equal. A transcon flight on A320 out of LAX takes up a lot more resource than a 2 to 3 hour E90 flight out of NYC/BOS to another east coast airport. Adding that many transcon flights in 2022 out of LAX will take up a lot air frame time that would be better utilized to build up NYC. Building up NYC is a very time sensitive matter. Slot waivers aren't going to last forever. EWR T-1 is opening up next year. What they do in the next year and half in NYC could determine the future of JetBlue. It's a big question if they will be able to get enough airplanes and pilots/FAs to operate enough flights to be as relevant as DL/UA in NYC and be a solid #2 in NJ.

Although I'd like to see them start HI sooner, they will only have 6 LRs by end of 2022. It's hard to imagine those will not be used for TATL.

Very promising to see them get that type of LF out of JFK even if it's on school break.

Nicknuzzii

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:19 am

Sorry to keep coming back to EWR but it seems to be B6’s main focus right now.

I know that T1 is opening next year but in the meantime do they plan to acquire anymore counter space? I was there twice this week and the line was wrapped all up inside down to the old southwest and United check-in and even went outside too. This is only with them operating around 40 flights a day too.

PSA727

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:48 am

tphuang wrote:

As for LGW not having access, that's funny. We have at least 2 major carriers VS and DY that are not going to be operating out of LGW anytime soon. And JetBlue should worry about not having access to LGW slots?

I never said B6 won't have access to slots at LGW. I said B6 might not get access to more slots at LHR. That's why it would be wise to start at least one daily flight to LGW. And where slots are available and much cheaper than at LHR. Or does B6 only want to have 1 daily flight to London from BOS and JFK? Also, they need better slot pairs at LHR. The post-6pm departure from LHR for both flights means an arrival time into BOS and JFK around 9pm. Which means no onward connections from either airport as the minimum connection time should be at least 90 minutes in order to clear customs and immigration. So while B6 customers can have an easy connection to London on the outbound, they will have to overnight it at BOS or JFK on the return.

jfklganyc

Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:38 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:

I know that T1 is opening next year but in the meantime do they plan to acquire anymore counter space? I was there twice this week and the line was wrapped all up inside down to the old southwest and United check-in and even went outside too. This is only with them operating around 40 flights a day too.

It’s a problem. Just like I can’t get a rental car in Florida at the moment. Anywhere.

If you are a travel company, you got rid of a lot of people and resources.

Now you arent ready for a surge in traffic.

And you don’t know if another surge of Covid stops the growth.

I believe it’s going to be a tough summer to travel because you’re going to deal with both those issues

wnflyguy

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:26 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
So LGA Plot thickens.

Im in the Marine Terminal now. I noticed some stuff and started asking questions

-NK is taking gates 3 and 4. B6 is now using 1 2 5 and 6.

-B6 isnt to happy about that and removed their gate counters and screens from 3 and 4. NK will have to build out from scratch.

-The MAT has very unique FIDS that B6 created when they moved in. As you walk up the ramp to the gates, each gate had an individual FID. 3 and 4 have been ripped out and replaced with general B6 departures.

No idea about ticket counter/kiosk situation is

JetBlue is moving all its operations to the B terminal once the final round of construction is completed.
Once completed Spirit ,Frontier and Charters flights will operate out of the MAT spring time 2022.

Flyguy

ScottB

Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:27 pm

UkiAir wrote:
And per LHR airport website JFK arrives at 10:10, BOS arrives at 10:05. BOS then departs at 18:00 and JFK at 18:10

FWIW this are aren't great times if these are the ad hoc slots they've been granted. A 10:10 am arrival from JFK would need to depart around 10:30 pm. A 10:05 arrival from BOS would leave around 11 pm or a bit later. The aircraft then sit around LHR most of the afternoon and a 6:10 pm departure arrives JFK around 9-9:30 pm, while a 6 pm departure arrives BOS around 8:30. They're not going to get any connections westbound and arriving in BOS/NYC that late means you end up home/at your lodging at what feels like 4 or 5 am. Plus it requires 2 aircraft for the JFK rotation and little slack time to get the BOS flight turned around.

maps4ltd

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:36 pm

When is the A220 inaugural?

JoseSalazar

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
So LGA Plot thickens.

Im in the Marine Terminal now. I noticed some stuff and started asking questions

-NK is taking gates 3 and 4. B6 is now using 1 2 5 and 6.

-B6 isnt to happy about that and removed their gate counters and screens from 3 and 4. NK will have to build out from scratch.

-The MAT has very unique FIDS that B6 created when they moved in. As you walk up the ramp to the gates, each gate had an individual FID. 3 and 4 have been ripped out and replaced with general B6 departures.

No idea about ticket counter/kiosk situation is

JetBlue is moving all its operations to the B terminal once the final round of construction is completed.
Once completed Spirit ,Frontier and Charters flights will operate out of the MAT spring time 2022.

Flyguy

Not doubting you, but do you have a source for that?

tphuang

Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:41 pm

FYI, JonNYC tweets that the LHR slot pairs are not what JetBlue wanted and they are trying to get better ones. I personally don't think they are that bad. The departure times out of JFK/BOS would be better if they are 2 hours earlier, but 10 pm still offers some conections and are not bad for working a full day and getting on a plane. They do get in a little late. The departures time out of LHR seems to be pretty good for O&D, but bad for connection.

PSA727 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

As for LGW not having access, that's funny. We have at least 2 major carriers VS and DY that are not going to be operating out of LGW anytime soon. And JetBlue should worry about not having access to LGW slots?

I never said B6 won't have access to slots at LGW. I said B6 might not get access to more slots at LHR. That's why it would be wise to start at least one daily flight to LGW. And where slots are available and much cheaper than at LHR. Or does B6 only want to have 1 daily flight to London from BOS and JFK? Also, they need better slot pairs at LHR. The post-6pm departure from LHR for both flights means an arrival time into BOS and JFK around 9pm. Which means no onward connections from either airport as the minimum connection time should be at least 90 minutes in order to clear customs and immigration. So while B6 customers can have an easy connection to London on the outbound, they will have to overnight it at BOS or JFK on the return.

I still don't see why they would need to fly LGW now? LGW is not bad, but LHR slots are harder to get. LHR is the preferred airport. IIRC, the OTP numbers out of LGW are horrible compared to LHR due to being single runway airport.

I think there is a good chance if they have 2 slot pairs (or more) through the winter season, they will be grandfathered the rights to those pairs. My reasoning is because:
1) there was a report back a while back of LHR studying to add more slots (even without the 3rd runway). So there is potential for accommodating more slots.
2) When slot waiver gets lifted, large slot holders are unlikely to fully utilize their slots for a while. Adding a small number of daily slot pairs is unlikely to hurt OTP that much. LHR would appreciate the additional revenue from those flights.
3) The existing holders have not much to complain about since they have already received a long period of slot waiver

As for LGW, I think LGW slots will be wide open once that slot waiver goes away. There is just no way DY and VS can hold onto that many slots when they have no intention of flying there. So if B6 need LGW slots next summer, they should be able to just get them. If they have to operate in both LHR and LGW for a while, then they should just do that.

PSA727

Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:50 am

ScottB wrote:
UkiAir wrote:
And per LHR airport website JFK arrives at 10:10, BOS arrives at 10:05. BOS then departs at 18:00 and JFK at 18:10

FWIW this are aren't great times if these are the ad hoc slots they've been granted. A 10:10 am arrival from JFK would need to depart around 10:30 pm. A 10:05 arrival from BOS would leave around 11 pm or a bit later. The aircraft then sit around LHR most of the afternoon and a 6:10 pm departure arrives JFK around 9-9:30 pm, while a 6 pm departure arrives BOS around 8:30. They're not going to get any connections westbound and arriving in BOS/NYC that late means you end up home/at your lodging at what feels like 4 or 5 am. Plus it requires 2 aircraft for the JFK rotation and little slack time to get the BOS flight turned around.

The JFK-LHR-JFK rotation can likely be done with one aircraft. It would probably mean a 70-90 minute ground time at JFK. Which is not a problem for an A321, particularly one that will only have 140 seats on it. And even if there is a delay on the LHR arrival causing a delay on the JFK outbound, no one will be connecting onto a flight out of LHR that they might miss. They'll just get into the city one or two hours later than expected.

Blerg

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:09 am

I wonder what kind of product B6 will have in economy class on their JFK-LON flights. Will they keep BoB or will there be some sort of complimentary meal.

jfklganyc

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:43 am

Blerg wrote:
I wonder what kind of product B6 will have in economy class on their JFK-LON flights. Will they keep BoB or will there be some sort of complimentary meal.

138 seats total. Needs to be some sort of meal to have a relevant product in the market.

adamh8297

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:52 am

jfklganyc wrote:
Blerg wrote:

138 seats total. Needs to be some sort of meal to have a relevant product in the market.

Could it be hot meal in MINT and one of the boxes in coach?

CobaltScar

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

It’s a problem. Just like I can’t get a rental car in Florida at the moment. Anywhere.

I believe it’s going to be a tough summer to travel because you’re going to deal with both those issues

They are recalling all the FAs that were scheduled to return in July, a month early in June instead. There is only one (small) group of FAs left that have not been recalled yet, and I bet they too get recalled a month early (for them, July instead of August).

Seat0F

Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:34 pm

tphuang wrote:
FYI, JonNYC tweets that the LHR slot pairs are not what JetBlue wanted and they are trying to get better ones. I personally don't think they are that bad. The departure times out of JFK/BOS would be better if they are 2 hours earlier, but 10 pm still offers some conections and are not bad for working a full day and getting on a plane. They do get in a little late. The departures time out of LHR seems to be pretty good for O&D, but bad for connection.

PSA727 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

I still don't see why they would need to fly LGW now? LGW is not bad, but LHR slots are harder to get. LHR is the preferred airport. IIRC, the OTP numbers out of LGW are horrible compared to LHR due to being single runway airport.

I think there is a good chance if they have 2 slot pairs (or more) through the winter season, they will be grandfathered the rights to those pairs. My reasoning is because:
1) there was a report back a while back of LHR studying to add more slots (even without the 3rd runway). So there is potential for accommodating more slots.
2) When slot waiver gets lifted, large slot holders are unlikely to fully utilize their slots for a while. Adding a small number of daily slot pairs is unlikely to hurt OTP that much. LHR would appreciate the additional revenue from those flights.
3) The existing holders have not much to complain about since they have already received a long period of slot waiver

As for LGW, I think LGW slots will be wide open once that slot waiver goes away. There is just no way DY and VS can hold onto that many slots when they have no intention of flying there. So if B6 need LGW slots next summer, they should be able to just get them. If they have to operate in both LHR and LGW for a while, then they should just do that.

I’m not sure on your point “2”. In normal 80:20 times if airlines do not use their “20%” slots I think they dont go back to LHR/ACL but still belong to the airline who typically trade these for business jet charters, or lease them out for a season etc. I’m happy to be corrected on that as my understanding is a bit weak. If LHR want to create more permanent slots though it has to go via the ACL bidding process.

As I said on another thread this is a good free dabble at JetBlue for a season (and one assumes a winter season also) to see if they want to get in the market of getting a permanent slot at LHR. I imagine permanent slots will become available for summer 2022 as other airlines fold, relinquish, or sell their LHR slots.

USAirALB

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:12 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Blerg wrote:

IIRC, I don't think the rear galley is equipped with ovens, so it's either going to be cold meal service or BOB.

Planeboy17

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:25 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

They are recalling all the FAs that were scheduled to return in July, a month early in June instead. There is only one (small) group of FAs left that have not been recalled yet, and I bet they too get recalled a month early (for them, July instead of August).

Heard from someone that May daily departures will be around 800 and over 1000 in July. All predicated on continuing good news on COVID of course.

tphuang

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:30 pm

Looks like EWR-SEA has been extended to a year round round. That's the only major change I see from this week. JFK-GND got cut to 1x daily for May. Not a surprise there, since they had only operated it 2x in August before.

Seat0F wrote:
I’m not sure on your point “2”. In normal 80:20 times if airlines do not use their “20%” slots I think they dont go back to LHR/ACL but still belong to the airline who typically trade these for business jet charters, or lease them out for a season etc. I’m happy to be corrected on that as my understanding is a bit weak. If LHR want to create more permanent slots though it has to go via the ACL bidding process.

I'm saying that if airlines are running the minimum to meet their slot requirements (or a little more than that) for the next couple of years, then LHR has plenty of incentive to make these temporary slots permanent, since they are losing a bunch of revenue by not doing so.

USAirALB wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

IIRC, I don't think the rear galley is equipped with ovens, so it's either going to be cold meal service or BOB.

https://paxex.aero/jetblue-london-heathrow-slots/
The aircraft is still detailed as operating with 138 seats, a rather low density configuration that reflects the large Mint business class cabin on board.

The 24 business class seats will extend to the over-wing exits per sources, with 114 economy seats behind that. Of those economy class seats, 24 will be the carrier’s Even More Space product with extra legroom.

The aft galley also comes with ovens on board, indicating a hot meal option will be part of the offering for economy class travelers. Exactly how that plays out, however, remains to be seen.

Crew rest requirements for the long-haul flights will see one Mint seat allocated for pilots and a trio of seats in the last row of economy reserved for flight attendants when service launches.

They are going from 16J, 42 Y+, 102Y on A321LD to 24J, 24Y+, 90Y on A321LR. So they are sacrificing 18Y+, 12Y for 8J. Clearly, 8J does not take that much space. The additional space from having 3 fewer Y+rolls and probably 1 full row of Y will provide more leg room per Y seat and probably the additional galley space. This is going to be their flagship product.

CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

They are definitely getting ready to run a full schedule for the summer. But it looks like they may have been caught off guard by the demand surge in March.

It seems like they need to resume hiring soon.

USAirALB

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:42 pm

tphuang wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

I stand corrected. I viewed a cabin tour of the A321LR and I didn't see ovens so I assumed that would be the de facto cabin layout.

FlyinRabbit88

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:48 pm

When I was in EWR 2 days ago I was chatting with a B6 supervisor. He was saying that the airport authority was having conversations with jetblue trying to ask them to slow down their growth at EWR. Sound like in may/June there will be 70 plus flights at EWR and that loads to places like Atlanta and Austin have been surprisingly high that might demand an upgauge in aircraft or increased frequency.
Definitely curious to watch how things progress out of EWR and how LGA and JFK respond to recovery over the next 6 months. Wonder if jetblue would ever ask Airbus to rescind their aircraft deferrals and request to have deliveries moved sooner.

DELTA777

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:28 pm

Full complimentary hot meals will be available in Core.

D E L T A 7 7 7

jfklganyc

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 pm

[quote="DELTA777"]Full complimentary hot meals will be available in Core.

D E L T A 7 7 7[/quote

Has to be.

If not they are wasting their time.

This is a big deal at B6! Big Deal! They are going to do this right

Blerg

Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:26 pm

Will they install ovens if they plan on offering hot meals? Do DL, BA, VS and AA offer one or two meals? Or is it a meal and a pre-arrival snack?
Honestly, I don't see why someone would fly on B6 in economy if they are not going to match what others are offering.

Do they have dividers between Mint and economy class?

AC4500

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:14 pm

May have been mentioned on here already, but it appears that B6 is extending EWR-SEA to year-round.

Nicknuzzii

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:15 pm

AC4500 wrote:
May have been mentioned on here already, but it appears that B6 is extending EWR-SEA to year-round.

Yes they got a lot of competition on that one too. AS and UA fly it 3x a day each.

Nicknuzzii

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
When I was in EWR 2 days ago I was chatting with a B6 supervisor. He was saying that the airport authority was having conversations with jetblue trying to ask them to slow down their growth at EWR. Sound like in may/June there will be 70 plus flights at EWR and that loads to places like Atlanta and Austin have been surprisingly high that might demand an upgauge in aircraft or increased frequency.
Definitely curious to watch how things progress out of EWR and how LGA and JFK respond to recovery over the next 6 months. Wonder if jetblue would ever ask Airbus to rescind their aircraft deferrals and request to have deliveries moved sooner.

While I fully believe this is true it’s also pretty sad. EWR is at 50% of the previous departures overall right now and they’re being told to slow growth? Hmmmm, B6 might wanna look into this if they ever have a problem adding flights.
It’s interesting you brought up ATL and AUS. ATL seems to be going out full more often then not which is a very positive sign. I even often see flights going for $500+ Last minute. But I’m surprised AUS was mentioned. This seems to be among the first of routes they cut each month. Any other talk there?

ContinentalEWR

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:24 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:

Accelerate deliveries? Not entirely likely. B6's finances aren't solid and this would require significant capital outlays. Probably too early.

Wneast

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:25 pm

Anyone know if JetBlue is holding back, I thought they were supposed to announce more domestic routes with the American partnership or are they getting all there international stuff ready for Europe flying ?

JoseSalazar

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 pm

Wneast wrote:
Anyone know if JetBlue is holding back, I thought they were supposed to announce more domestic routes with the American partnership or are they getting all there international stuff ready for Europe flying ?

Announcements seem to occur on Thursdays for B6. There will be more. I’d expect some new city pairs, as well as further AA codeshared city pairs soon. This Thursday seems ripe for an announcement. They seem to announce stuff in phases—seems like they like staying in the news with steady flows of route announcements, product announcements, etc.

Wneast

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
Wneast wrote:

Announcements seem to occur on Thursdays for B6. There will be more. I’d expect some new city pairs, as well as further AA codeshared city pairs soon. This Thursday seems ripe for an announcement. They seem to announce stuff in phases—seems like they like staying in the news with steady flows of route announcements, product announcements, etc.

You got any city pairs seeing potentially added ?

hbernal1

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:29 pm

Wneast wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:
Wneast wrote:

I don't have any inside knowledge, but if I were a betting man, I'd expect a few of the following would be announced:
LGA-ATL/BNA/JAX/RDU
EWR-BNA/MSY/SLC

If there's adds elsewhere in the network, my guesses would be:
DCA-BDL/RDU
PVD-MIA

Wneast

Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 pm

hbernal1 wrote:
Wneast wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:

I don't have any inside knowledge, but if I were a betting man, I'd expect a few of the following would be announced:
LGA-ATL/BNA/JAX/RDU
EWR-BNA/MSY/SLC

If there's adds elsewhere in the network, my guesses would be:
DCA-BDL/RDU
PVD-MIA
you think potentially any new cities and does anyone know of the BOI to JFK route booking well enough to be extended pass summer and for JetBlue to maybe add another route there ?

AABB777

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:44 pm

I’d like to see SBA added to the B6 network. DL can’t make SBA work, but many other airlines do. I can only dream of a B6 A220 operating SBA-JFK.

PSA727

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 am

tphuang wrote:
They are going from 16J, 42 Y+, 102Y on A321LD to 24J, 24Y+, 90Y on A321LR. So they are sacrificing 18Y+, 12Y for 8J. Clearly, 8J does not take that much space. The additional space from having 3 fewer Y+rolls and probably 1 full row of Y will provide more leg room per Y seat and probably the additional galley space. This is going to be their flagship product.

Yes, those 8 J seats will take up that much space. That's 4 additional rows of J, and those seats are probably spaced just over 3 feet apart at the aisle. So, that would equal close to 5 rows of regular Y. The fact that they are taking out 3 rows of Y+ and 2 rows of Y means they need it for a larger galley. Not to add more seat pitch in the Y cabin.

PSA727

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:08 am

USAirALB wrote:
tphuang wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

I stand corrected. I viewed a cabin tour of the A321LR and I didn't see ovens so I assumed that would be the de facto cabin layout.

Is what you viewed the B6 aircraft with 16 Mint Suite seats on it? If so, that was not a 321LR, but a regular 321neo. The only difference between that aircraft and the 200-seat neos (aside from having Mint) is that it has the cabin flex door layout. And which will be the same door layout on the 321LRs. (i.e. no doors 2L/R but instead overwing exits).

Also, it's the cabin flex layout which allows B6 to have the same amount of seats on this aircraft as the older 321s with the first generation Mint seats, even though the new Mint Suites take up more floor space.
Last edited by PSA727 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PSA727

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:28 am

Duplicate post

JoseSalazar

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:31 am

PSA727 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Is what you viewed the B6 aircraft with 14 Mint Suite seats on it? If so, that was not a 321LR, but a regular 321neo. The only difference between that aircraft and the 200-seat neos (aside from having Mint) is that it has the cabin flex door layout. And which will be the same door layout on the 321LRs. (i.e. no doors 2L/R but instead overwing exits).

All B6 NEOs, including the 200 seaters, have cabin flex air frames with no L2/R2.

Also, all mint CEOs and the A321LD (mint NEO) have 16 mint seats, not 14. The LR will have 24.

PSA727

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:38 am

JoseSalazar wrote:

All B6 NEOs, including the 200 seaters, have cabin flex air frames with no L2/R2.

Ah... OK. But isn't there just one 321neo delivered so far with the Mint product (the one delivered a few weeks ago)?

Also, all mint CEOs and the A321LD (mint NEO) have 16 mint seats, not 14. The LR will have 24.

Yeah, I realized that afterwards and corrected it. Thanks.

speedbird2263

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 am

PSA727 wrote:
USAirALB wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Is what you viewed the B6 aircraft with 16 Mint Suite seats on it? If so, that was not a 321LR, but a regular 321neo. The only difference between that aircraft and the 200-seat neos (aside from having Mint) is that it has the cabin flex door layout. And which will be the same door layout on the 321LRs. (i.e. no doors 2L/R but instead overwing exits).

Also, it's the cabin flex layout which allows B6 to have the same amount of seats on this aircraft as the older 321s with the first generation Mint seats, even though the new Mint Suites take up more floor space.

From a technical/operational standpoint, if I’m not mistaken, I believe the A321 Neo LD(mint) also has an extra ACT over the A321 Neo HD(all core) which has one ACT.

JoseSalazar

Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:58 am

PSA727 wrote:
JoseSalazar wrote:

Ah... OK. But isn't there just one 321neo delivered so far with the Mint product (the one delivered a few weeks ago)?

Yeah, I realized that afterwards and corrected it. Thanks.

Yes, only one A321NEO-LD. LR comes end of next month and another LD in the beginning of May.

Some other differences: look at the windows in front of the overwing exits. The NEO-LD has some plugged windows https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10074756
The NEO-LR has them plugged right in front of the overwing exits:
https://www.v1images.com/product/jetblu ... -n4022j-4/

RL757PVD

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:40 am

BDL-DCA would be a re-add and I don’t think it was stellar for them, plus it’s not a leisure route. I would think they would attempt BDL-RDU before DL or AA re-add it however.

tphuang

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:54 am

The word from a thread on FT indicates there might be a huge schedule change tonight. There was an IT issue earlier where mint availability was completely gone throughout the system. Maybe there will be an announcement tomorrow to give them 1 day of news cycle before good Friday. Given the drop in quarantine requirement for NY state on April 1st, this might give them extra incentive to make a large NYC related announcement.

I'm surprised EWR is actually telling B6 to slow things down. EWR is down so much traffic. Terminal A is dead outside of their 40 flights. The next announcement should be mostly about LGA. But if EWR continues to have this much traffic, then they will keep adding there. If EWR-ATL is doing well, I don't see why they should be afraid of adding legacy fortress hubs like ORD/DEN or even DTW. If EWR-AUS is doing well, they should definitely add more to large WN stations that have large number of AA ff like BNA/MSY or IND/CMH down the road. It's amazing. Once people figured out there is more than just UA at EWR, more people are picking it ahead of LGA. As for what they could add from LGA, they could try JAX/RDU/BNA/SAV/RIC. There are a bunch of places they could try. They can schedule in more flights out of LGA. But if the demand is slow coming back, they are not going to operate too many flights even in the summer season. I will run T-100 data tomorrow to compare the best and worst LFs from December.

I guess they are aiming to operate more capacity out of NYC this summer than they originally scheduled in 2020. They shouldn't put aside the option of adding more to the fleet. Heck, even AA is talking about adding more aircraft if the right deal comes along. They can probably pick up used A320/A321 on lease for pretty cheap right now.

Other airlines moves since COVID have really benefited B6. AA is actively helping them in Northeast. DL hasn't done much. They also benefitted from UA's more conservative approach at EWR. Only NK has been a pain. Interesting thing I saw today that shows how much WN has helped B6 recently. From May of 2019 to May of 2021, they have dropped 14 routes out of FLL, 8 out of BOS, 8 out of EWR, 14 out of LAX, 4 out of RDU and 3 out of SFO. They've added 19 out of DEN (dropped 5), 8 out of MIA, 9 out of ORD, 8 out of IAH and 11 out of PHX (dropped 3).

Things are not exact comparison, but shows how much WN's strategy of focusing on middle of the country caused them to direct their attentions at AA/UA and completely away from B6. Aside from what I already discussed with FLL, those other citie's drops have allowed or could allow JetBlue to add BOS-IND/CMH/MCI, EWR-AUS/BNA/DEN/SAN/PHX/Chicago, LAX-CUN/SJD/TPA/PIT, RDU-MSY and AUS-SFO.

AA may get annoyed by B6 adds to MIA, but they are far more concerned about WN at ORD/MIA/PHX. UA may get annoyed by B6 adds to EWR, but they are far more concerned about WN moves at ORD/IAH/DEN. More than anything, I'd think UA would be more focused on protecting IAH/DEN from WN than anything else int heir network.

Wneast

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:04 am

tphuang wrote:
The word from a thread on FT indicates there might be a huge schedule change tonight. There was an IT issue earlier where mint availability was completely gone throughout the system. Maybe there will be an announcement tomorrow to give them 1 day of news cycle before good Friday. Given the drop in quarantine requirement for NY state on April 1st, this might give them extra incentive to make a large NYC related announcement.

I'm surprised EWR is actually telling B6 to slow things down. EWR is down so much traffic. Terminal A is dead outside of their 40 flights. The next announcement should be mostly about LGA. But if EWR continues to have this much traffic, then they will keep adding there. If EWR-ATL is doing well, I don't see why they should be afraid of adding legacy fortress hubs like ORD/DEN or even DTW. If EWR-AUS is doing well, they should definitely add more to large WN stations that have large number of AA ff like BNA/MSY or IND/CMH down the road. It's amazing. Once people figured out there is more than just UA at EWR, more people are picking it ahead of LGA. As for what they could add from LGA, they could try JAX/RDU/BNA/SAV/RIC. There are a bunch of places they could try. They can schedule in more flights out of LGA. But if the demand is slow coming back, they are not going to operate too many flights even in the summer season. I will run T-100 data tomorrow to compare the best and worst LFs from December.

I guess they are aiming to operate more capacity out of NYC this summer than they originally scheduled in 2020. They shouldn't put aside the option of adding more to the fleet. Heck, even AA is talking about adding more aircraft if the right deal comes along. They can probably pick up used A320/A321 on lease for pretty cheap right now.

Other airlines moves since COVID have really benefited B6. AA is actively helping them in Northeast. DL hasn't done much. They also benefitted from UA's more conservative approach at EWR. Only NK has been a pain. Interesting thing I saw today that shows how much WN has helped B6 recently. From May of 2019 to May of 2021, they have dropped 14 routes out of FLL, 8 out of BOS, 8 out of EWR, 14 out of LAX, 4 out of RDU and 3 out of SFO. They've added 19 out of DEN (dropped 5), 8 out of MIA, 9 out of ORD, 8 out of IAH and 11 out of PHX (dropped 3).

Things are not exact comparison, but shows how much WN's strategy of focusing on middle of the country caused them to direct their attentions at AA/UA and completely away from B6. Aside from what I already discussed with FLL, those other citie's drops have allowed or could allow JetBlue to add BOS-IND/CMH/MCI, EWR-AUS/BNA/DEN/SAN/PHX/Chicago, LAX-CUN/SJD/TPA/PIT, RDU-MSY and AUS-SFO.

AA may get annoyed by B6 adds to MIA, but they are far more concerned about WN at ORD/MIA/PHX. UA may get annoyed by B6 adds to EWR, but they are far more concerned about WN moves at ORD/IAH/DEN. More than anything, I'd think UA would be more focused on protecting IAH/DEN from WN than anything else int heir network.

Idk if airlines care but I could see this happening because on Thursday WN is sit to have a huge schedule extension so I’m sure they wouldn’t want another airline stealing there thunder on news routes

Cboyle

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 am

tphuang wrote:

Link?

Nicknuzzii

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:22 am

Use the JetBlue app or website to see the most accurate updates. Seeing lots of changes for the Summer right now.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos