Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jplatts

Re: The Rest of Ohio - 2021

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:14 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN flights out of CMH and CVG in March 2021:
ATL-CMH - 12561 passengers, 17164 seats, 73.18% load factor
BNA-CMH - 7288 passengers, 9073 seats, 80.33% load factor
BWI-CMH - 13711 passengers, 18993 seats, 72.19% load factor
CMH-DAL - 5573 passengers, 8298 seats, 67.16% load factor
CMH-DEN - 11899 passengers, 14773 seats, 80.55% load factor
CMH-FLL - 7529 passengers, 9026 seats, 83.41% load factor
CMH-HOU - 4457 passengers, 6531 seats, 68.24% load factor
CMH-LAS - 6347 passengers, 7867 seats, 80.68% load factor
CMH-MCO - 18546 passengers, 23611 seats, 78.55% load factor
CMH-MDW - 13385 passengers, 19887 seats, 67.31% load factor
CMH-PHX - 10402 passengers, 14581 seats, 71.34% load factor
CMH-RSW - 22372 passengers, 26158 seats, 85.53% load factor
CMH-SRQ - 819 passengers, 1001 seats, 81.82% load factor
CMH-TPA - 12338 passengers, 15369 seats, 80.28% load factor
BWI-CVG - 11549 passengers, 24484 seats, 47.17% load factor
CVG-DEN - 6825 passengers, 7882 seats, 86.59% load factor
CVG-HOU - 5751 passengers, 9828 seats, 58.52% load factor
CVG-MCO - 6067 passengers, 9745 seats, 62.26% load factor
CVG-MDW - 5638 passengers, 9075 seats, 62.13% load factor
CVG-PHX - 6887 passengers, 7457 seats, 92.36% load factor
CVG-TPA - 4741 passengers, 7250 seats, 65.39% load factor

jplatts

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 pm

Here are the number of passengers, number of seats, and load factors for WN out of CMH and CVG in February 2021 and March 2021:
CMH in February 2021 - 70339 passengers, 96819 seats, 72.65% load factor
CMH in March 2021 - 147227 passengers, 192332 seats, 76.55% load factor (demand for WN service out of CMH in March 2021 was 2.09x that of February 2021)
CVG in February 2021 - 19286 passengers, 43198 seats, 44.65% load factor
CVG in March 2021- 47458 passengers, 75721 seats, 62.67% load factor (demand for WN service out of CVG in March 2021 was 2.46x that of February 2021)

I have also noticed that WN also had high load factors on CVG-DEN/PHX nonstop service in March 2021.

WN adding CVG-LAS nonstop service is a possibility with LAS being one of the top destinations traveled to from CVG that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop from CVG along with the amount of demand that is there to the Western U.S. from CVG on WN. LAS is also one of the biggest WN hubs, and WN would be offering connections to California and Reno from CVG through LAS if WN adds CVG-LAS nonstop service.

WN would also likely be able to get some connecting traffic to California on CVG-LAS flights if it adds CVG-LAS nonstop service with
(a) F9 no longer serving any California destinations nonstop from CVG,
(b) F9 completely pulling out of LAX on October 1st,
(c) UA no longer serving SFO nonstop from CVG,
(d) DL down to 1x daily on CVG-LAX nonstop service through the end of its current flight schedule from the 2x daily that it was operating on CVG-LAX prior to the COVID-19 pandemic,
(e) SAN no longer having any nonstop service from CVG, and
(f) WN recently adding LAS-FAT/PSP/SBA nonstop service.

WN increasing CVG-PHX to daily year-round nonstop service is also a possibility with the strong demand that was there for WN CVG-PHX nonstop service in March 2021 and with F9 no longer serving PHX nonstop from CVG.

AirportRival

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:55 pm

On top of the good news about AA adding CVG-AUS at 2x daily, it looks like WN is adding a 2nd daily flight on CVG-DEN on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in July. I'm surprised it's on those days of the week but I'll take it.

flyCMH

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:54 pm

CMHMarc787 wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
a320flyer wrote:
AA is adding 2x/day CVG-AUS on Sept 8, I'm sure DL will push forward the start date of CVG-AUS in short order...
https://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2 ... fault.aspx

Additionally WN has added CMH-AUS, but I can only find the nonstops around the Christmas and New Years holidays, so maybe this is just a peak flying add for now?

https://twitter.com/ishriona/status/140 ... 71718?s=21

Edit: Several new/returning routes for CMH and CVG coming this fall:

https://wieck-swa-production.s3.amazona ... ension.pdf

I noticed that CMH-MIA on WN is returning? Did I miss them flying this route pre-covid?

Also, I'm a little surprised that AA didn't include CMH on their AUS expansion.

American's willingness and execution when it comes to adding flights is impressive, especially when it comes to heading off Delta. Looks like CVG is a definite beneficiary in this case. Also kinda bummed CMH wasn't included; maybe if the expansion continues to be successful additional cities will come on line. Not that I'm not grateful that WN will do the route on a less-than-daily basis, but a more consistent schedule on a network carrier would be preferable.

jplatts

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:03 pm

AirportRival wrote:
On top of the good news about AA adding CVG-AUS at 2x daily, it looks like WN is adding a 2nd daily flight on CVG-DEN on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in July.

flyCMH wrote:
American's willingness and execution when it comes to adding flights is impressive, especially when it comes to heading off Delta. Looks like CVG is a definite beneficiary in this case. Also kinda bummed CMH wasn't included; maybe if the expansion continues to be successful additional cities will come on line. Not that I'm not grateful that WN will do the route on a less-than-daily basis, but a more consistent schedule on a network carrier would be preferable.

AA adding CVG-LAX nonstop service is a possibility with
(a) F9 having already permanently cut CVG-LAX nonstop service,
(b) F9 completely pulling out of LAX on October 1st,
(c) the recent adds that AA has made out of CVG such as CVG-AUS/BOS nonstop service,
(d) CVG being one of the top U.S. markets that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from LAX,
(e) AA still serving LAX nonstop from IND, OMA, and STL in the Midwest in addition to its ORD hub,
(f) DL currently down to 1x daily nonstop on CVG-LAX from the 2x daily nonstops that DL was operating on CVG-LAX prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, and
(g) AA being able to offer connections to Northern California, Hawaii, Australia, and New Zealand through LAX.

brooklynchris13

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:07 pm

flyCMH wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

Additionally WN has added CMH-AUS, but I can only find the nonstops around the Christmas and New Years holidays, so maybe this is just a peak flying add for now?

I noticed that CMH-MIA on WN is returning? Did I miss them flying this route pre-covid?

Agree. Disappointed about AA not jumping onto the AUS-CMH bandwagon, but its still great to have new service. I think it may, in fact, be time for a return of our favorite old time airport game: What dot on the map is next for Ohio Airports? Granted, we are probably even further away from anything like TATL from CMH, but I am sure there are still some interesting adds which may be attempted by the airlines now battling for fliers in an environment where corporate travel may be suppressed for sometime. So what do you think will be the next interesting adds from our Ohio airports? As I recall, NK and Breeze have a bunch of new airplanes coming, we have seen AA,, UA, and WN willing to add-- any thoughts on what might be next? My nomination is that NK will add an additional west coast destination based on success with the LAX flight-- Maybe a SAN?

cledaybuck

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:21 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
flyCMH wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:

Agree. Disappointed about AA not jumping onto the AUS-CMH bandwagon, but its still great to have new service. I think it may, in fact, be time for a return of our favorite old time airport game: What dot on the map is next for Ohio Airports? Granted, we are probably even further away from anything like TATL from CMH, but I am sure there are still some interesting adds which may be attempted by the airlines now battling for fliers in an environment where corporate travel may be suppressed for sometime. So what do you think will be the next interesting adds from our Ohio airports? As I recall, NK and Breeze have a bunch of new airplanes coming, we have seen AA,, UA, and WN willing to add-- any thoughts on what might be next? My nomination is that NK will add an additional west coast destination based on success with the LAX flight-- Maybe a SAN?

I will go with the resumption of CVG-SFO on either DL or UA.

jplatts

Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:58 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
So what do you think will be the next interesting adds from our Ohio airports? As I recall, NK and Breeze have a bunch of new airplanes coming, we have seen AA,, UA, and WN willing to add-- any thoughts on what might be next? My nomination is that NK will add an additional west coast destination based on success with the LAX flight-- Maybe a SAN?

CVG:
  • CVG-LAX on AA
  • CVG-DAL/LAS on WN
  • Both AA/WN increasing CVG-PHX to daily year-round nonstop service
  • Return of DL CVG-CLT/BDL/IAH/MCI/STL nonstop service
  • Return of UA CVG-SFO nonstop service
  • Return of WN CVG-FLL nonstop service

CMH:
  • CMH-SEA on DL
  • CMH-PHX on NK
  • Return of AA CMH-LAX nonstop service

DAY:
  • DAY-BOS on AA or DL
  • DAY-FLL/SRQ/SAV on G4
  • Return of DL DAY-LGA nonstop service

jplatts

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:55 pm

Is there any likelihood of DL re-adding CVG-XNA/RIC/SAT nonstop service in order to defend against a possible MX entry into CVG? DL would probably be able to more easily fill CVG-XNA/RIC/SAT nonstop flights than MX could with DL being able to operate regional jets on CVG-XNA/RIC/SAT along with the stronger brand recognition that DL already has in the CVG, XNA, RIC, and SAT markets whereas MX would have to use 108-seat E-190 regional jets to make CVG-XNA/RIC/SAT nonstop service work.

flyinryan99

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:31 am

jplatts wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
So what do you think will be the next interesting adds from our Ohio airports? As I recall, NK and Breeze have a bunch of new airplanes coming, we have seen AA,, UA, and WN willing to add-- any thoughts on what might be next? My nomination is that NK will add an additional west coast destination based on success with the LAX flight-- Maybe a SAN?

CVG:
  • CVG-LAX on AA
  • CVG-DAL/LAS on WN
  • Both AA/WN increasing CVG-PHX to daily year-round nonstop service
  • Return of DL CVG-CLT/BDL/IAH/MCI/STL nonstop service
  • Return of UA CVG-SFO nonstop service
  • Return of WN CVG-FLL nonstop service

CMH:
  • CMH-SEA on DL
  • CMH-PHX on NK
  • Return of AA CMH-LAX nonstop service

DAY:
  • DAY-BOS on AA or DL
  • DAY-FLL/SRQ/SAV on G4
  • Return of DL DAY-LGA nonstop service

Man…no love for TOL? :?

DeltaRules

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:35 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:

I still wonder if BZ and CRAA have something up their sleeve given how much hype there was (from Nardone, DeWine, Ginther, the Councilman (Boyce?)) when they announced CMH. "You help us get started and throw some jingle our way, we'll connect some dots you want."

I can't think of anything other than maybe a TATL announcement that gets greetings from the Governor, Mayor, and a major Councilman unless there's potential for it to be big.

jplatts

Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:52 am

flyinryan99 wrote:
Man…no love for TOL? :?

AA adding DFW-TOL nonstop service might happen with AA having added many domestic nonstop routes out of DFW in the last 5 years. TOL is also located in the 3rd largest U.S. metropolitan area (after ROC and ALB) that doesn't currently have nonstop service to DFW.

CMHtraveler

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:18 am

flyCMH wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:

Can’t really tell what AA’s plan is at the moment with CMH- on the one hand we lose LAX “permanently” while similar cities restore/keep it, and we get skipped over for the AUS expansion. On the other hand we gain a completely new BOS route and go through a round of major upguaging this month that sees more mainline than even before the pandemic.

On the WN front though, I wouldn’t worry about the less-than-daily AUS flights. Remember that CMH-HOU started that way too. First it was holiday-only, then weekends only, and finally for a few years now it has been consistently daily (barring several months during the pandemic). I’m sure if the route is successful this will be the case with AUS as well.

jplatts

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
Can’t really tell what AA’s plan is at the moment with CMH- on the one hand we lose LAX “permanently” while similar cities restore/keep it, and we get skipped over for the AUS expansion. On the other hand we gain a completely new BOS route and go through a round of major upguaging this month that sees more mainline than even before the pandemic.

One big difference between CMH-LAX and CMH-BOS is that CMH-BOS is within the range of E-175 regional jets (and AA can more easily fill CMH-BOS nonstop flights operated on E-175 regional jets) whereas CMH-LAX is not within the range of regional jets.

There are only a handful of non-AA hub airports east of the Mississippi River that still have nonstop service to LAX on AA, including ATL, BOS, FLL, BDL, IND, BNA, MCO, RDU, and TPA.

AA has also already dropped LAX-SDF nonstop service, and AA also doesn't currently serve LAX nonstop from CVG, CLE, DTW, or PIT.

flyCMH

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:18 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:

On the WN front though, I wouldn’t worry about the less-than-daily AUS flights. Remember that CMH-HOU started that way too. First it was holiday-only, then weekends only, and finally for a few years now it has been consistently daily (barring several months during the pandemic). I’m sure if the route is successful this will be the case with AUS as well.

Saw via the Indy thread that AA updated their schedules for late August and September. While still no LAX, the revised schedule shows some nice upgauges for CMH:

PHX: the morning departures goes to an A321 (it's been seeing one-off upgauges several times already this summer)
DFW: goes to 4x 738
CLT: gets another mainline flight for 1x 320, 2x 319, and 3x E75

BOS starts off as 1x daily as opposed to the announced 2x with a 0700 departure. Looks like AA will stand at 32 peak daily departures come late summer/early fall, with 9 frequencies on mainline. Definitely far ahead of DL and UA in the local market. Again, the lack of LAX is frustrating, especially given that they keep upgauging to hubs to the point that now even PHX has an A321. Really hoping for a return of LAX on AA (or DL) in 2022, despite NK's presence on the route.

atbPy

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:44 pm

flyCMH wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:

Saw via the Indy thread that AA updated their schedules for late August and September. While still no LAX, the revised schedule shows some nice upgauges for CMH:

PHX: the morning departures goes to an A321 (it's been seeing one-off upgauges several times already this summer)

BOS starts off as 1x daily as opposed to the announced 2x with a 0700 departure. Looks like AA will stand at 32 peak daily departures come late summer/early fall, with 9 frequencies on mainline. Definitely far ahead of DL and UA in the local market. Again, the lack of LAX is frustrating, especially given that they keep upgauging to hubs to the point that now even PHX has an A321. Really hoping for a return of LAX on AA (or DL) in 2022, despite NK's presence on the route.

I was looking at some flights yesterday and had a connection through PHX and noticed the A321 too. Love to see that bird at CMH! Maybe even a chance for a NEO.

a320flyer

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:09 pm

As for CVG on AA:
CLT gains 3x/day mainline (1xA320, 2xA319, 2xE175, 1xCR9)
DFW drops down to 3-4x/day (2xB738, 1xA319, 1xE175) (presumably b/c of CVG-AUS)
PHX returns (1xB738)

Also, DL is down to 4 daily on CVG-BOS (from 5 pre-Covid), all A221

DeltaRules

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:29 pm

flyCMH wrote:
CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:

Glad to see CMH-CLT finally continues to trend in the right direction with more mainline. Maybe they've come off CMH being as frequency-hungry as it used to be.

CMH-PHX is on a 738 this month, which is different (and the first time I think I've seen LAA metal on an LUS route out of here), but a 321 is even better news.

cledaybuck

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:41 pm

Looks like UA updated their schedules for September and CMH-SFO didn't make the cut. The route is now scheduled to resume on 10/5, but I wouldn't count on it.

flyCMH

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:48 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Looks like UA updated their schedules for September and CMH-SFO didn't make the cut. The route is now scheduled to resume on 10/5, but I wouldn't count on it.

There is a bit of a silver lining. In July, the 0900 departure to IAH goes from an E75 to a 739. Denver looses it's A319 in July, but gains it back in August. IAH looses the 739 in August, but gets an A319 in September and DEN goes all mainline as well. Hopefully the return of SFO won't be too far behind, but my guess is we'll have to wait until 2022.

CMHtraveler

Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:31 pm

flyCMH wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

There is a bit of a silver lining. In July, the 0900 departure to IAH goes from an E75 to a 739. Denver looses it's A319 in July, but gains it back in August. IAH looses the 739 in August, but gets an A319 in September and DEN goes all mainline as well. Hopefully the return of SFO won't be too far behind, but my guess is we'll have to wait until 2022.

This is great news! IAH wasn’t mainline at all even at the height of 2019. DEN is a restoration of course and as for SFO- I’m ok waiting. It seems clear they will bring it back at some point or they would have cut it totally from the schedule by now instead of the month by month cuts.

DeltaRules

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 am

CMHtraveler wrote:
flyCMH wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

This is great news! IAH wasn’t mainline at all even at the height of 2019. DEN is a restoration of course and as for SFO- I’m ok waiting. It seems clear they will bring it back at some point or they would have cut it totally from the schedule by now instead of the month by month cuts.

I think this is the first time CMH-IAH has had mainline since before the merger.

CMHARJ

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:58 am

Random question about DL and CMH and IND. Both CMH and IND have roughly the same population (CMH is actually larger) and roughly the same demographics and both are a large DL outstation. I've been curious about this. How come IND tends to get mainline service from DTW, while CMH only gets E75?

brooklynchris13

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:07 am

CMHARJ wrote:
Random question about DL and CMH and IND. Both CMH and IND have roughly the same population (CMH is actually larger) and roughly the same demographics and both are a large DL outstation. I've been curious about this. How come IND tends to get mainline service from DTW, while CMH only gets E75?

The larger DL aircraft to DTW from IND can be traced back to the Northwest Ops at IND. They had a focus city type operation there and it remains a very strong DL station (even with a SkyClub). That level of Delta FF base translates into more passenger numbers and the larger aircraft to hubs. (Along with IND being a larger operation than CMH overall). Its funny, I remember a few years ago when on this board we wondered when DL would replace the CR2s to DTW w/170s and 175s, so at least we have made it that far.

On a bigger scale, I wonder if more mainline ops to hubs is going to be a long term trend at CMH in place of frequency. I for one wouldn’t mind a couple of fewer flights a day to avoid CRJs/E145s etc. Although a 170/175 is perfectly fine IMO.

DeltaRules

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:
CMHARJ wrote:

The larger DL aircraft to DTW from IND can be traced back to the Northwest Ops at IND. They had a focus city type operation there and it remains a very strong DL station (even with a SkyClub). That level of Delta FF base translates into more passenger numbers and the larger aircraft to hubs. (Along with IND being a larger operation than CMH overall). Its funny, I remember a few years ago when on this board we wondered when DL would replace the CR2s to DTW w/170s and 175s, so at least we have made it that far.

On a bigger scale, I wonder if more mainline ops to hubs is going to be a long term trend at CMH in place of frequency. I for one wouldn’t mind a couple of fewer flights a day to avoid CRJs/E145s etc. Although a 170/175 is perfectly fine IMO.
Keep in mind DL had started using 717s on the first daily CMH-DTW in 2019 and it was supposed to be upgauged to an A321, which either barely got started or didn't start at all before COVID.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

brooklynchris13

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:18 am

DeltaRules wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:
CMHARJ wrote:

Keep in mind DL had started using 717s on the first daily CMH-DTW in 2019 and it was supposed to be upgauged to an A321, which either barely got started or didn't start at all before COVID.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Oh thats right Delta Rules! I forgot about that! As a comparison for now, IND to DTW looks to be 4-5 Daily during the week with almost all mainline. 717, 319 with a CR9 thrown in. Compares to CMH-DTW as 5x with mostly 175/170 and an occasional CR9. So I guess its not really that different in total seats on at least some days. However, as an AA fan boy I am way out of my league talking not just about what goes on in the C gates at CMH but DL at a whole other airport! Ha ha ha

a320flyer

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 pm

As expected, DL has pushed forward the resumption of CVG-AUS to September 8.

a320flyer

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:21 pm

AA already caved to Delta and reduced service to 1x/day for the first month until October 7. Can't imagine 2x/day by both carriers is sustainable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they carry this out for awhile.

AirportRival

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 am

a320flyer wrote:
AA already caved to Delta and reduced service to 1x/day for the first month until October 7. Can't imagine 2x/day by both carriers is sustainable, so I wouldn't be surprised if they carry this out for awhile.

Can't say this is surprising. I'd love to see 4x daily flights on CVG-AUS but I doubt there is enough demand for that.

In other news, I was looking at Vacation Express' flight schedule to confirm that July will be the last month for the majority of their flights out of CVG and I noticed that they are starting to post the 2022 schedule already. It's obviously looking way ahead but they're showing that Jamaica will be an option again with the perennial options of CUN and PUJ. I wouldn't be surprised to see more destinations added as the year goes by.

DeltaRules

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:04 am

Anybody know why DL5756 JFK-DFW just diverted to CMH? I checked to see if it was some sort of error only to see the route was correct on Delta.com.

https://www.flightradar24.com/RPA5756/28239684

CMHtraveler

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Well, the federal armored truck backed up to the airport loading docks, and Ohio was no exception; CLE, CMH, and CVG got 30-40 million, while TOL, CAK, and DAY got 2,5, and 8 million respectively. These are FAA COVID recovery grants. Do we expect these airports to plug budget holes only with this money or make additional investments?

https://www.faa.gov/airports/airport_rescue_grants/

brooklynchris13

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:26 am

Anyone at CMH have any intel on where Breeze will be operating either for their ticket counter or gate? I was there a couple of days ago and there was no indication that I could find.

a320flyer

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:55 pm

Amazing picture of CVG from the ISS: https://twitter.com/astro_kimbrough/sta ... 46216?s=20
Amazing to see the amount of construction going on now with the rental car area, Concourse A baggage expansion, runway 09/27 and 18C/36C work, and the Amazon facility.

SkyVoice

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:06 am

a320flyer wrote:
Amazing picture of CVG from the ISS: https://twitter.com/astro_kimbrough/sta ... 46216?s=20
Amazing to see the amount of construction going on now with the rental car area, Concourse A baggage expansion, runway 09/27 and 18C/36C work, and the Amazon facility.

Hey! That's ME, sitting in my car in the Airplane Viewing Area ! ! !

CMHtraveler

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:10 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Anyone at CMH have any intel on where Breeze will be operating either for their ticket counter or gate? I was there a couple of days ago and there was no indication that I could find.

Spotted today at the parking garage, new signage for
the North Entrance:

While we knew with near certainty the Breeze gates would be in B or C, the new signage points to a counter location North of the Concourse B security checkpoint as well (left as you come off the main escalators).

CMHSRQ

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:00 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:

Indicators are concourse A, baggage belt 6.

Citrus1492

Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:17 pm

CMHSRQ wrote:
brooklynchris13 wrote:

Indicators are concourse A, baggage belt 6.

If the Breeze ticket counter is by Alaska and Frontier, id suppose Trego Dugan is handling them? Trego operates out of B and C already. Splitting crews off to a third concourse is a recipe for unsatisfied customers(airlines). If Breeze ends up in A, ill eat my hat.

CMHMarc787

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 pm

OK - Riddle me this: Why would an airline fly into Terminal A, yet use baggage claim 6? That's an unnecessary schlep from one end of baggage claim to the other.

brooklynchris13

Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:02 am

Based on the signage and other available information, I am going to go out on a limb and say Breeze is headed to C48/C49ish. Would not be shocked to see a simultaneous move of Alaska to B to share AA gate space. They can support them at various gates that are not getting as much use as before with the daily max now down to 33ish flights across 9 gates. One more from AS wont even make a dent.

CMHtraveler

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Based on the signage and other available information, I am going to go out on a limb and say Breeze is headed to C48/C49ish. Would not be shocked to see a simultaneous move of Alaska to B to share AA gate space. They can support them at various gates that are not getting as much use as before with the daily max now down to 33ish flights across 9 gates. One more from AS wont even make a dent.

It makes logical sense for AS to move to B, but practically speaking no one really needs to move from those gates to accommodate Breeze, with AS holding steady at 1 flight a day and F9 operating 4-5 flights a week. Especially if they’re sharing ground handling companies, it makes sense for all 3 to be at C48/49.

In unrelated exciting news AC8937 (Jazz CRJ-200) is scheduled to arrive at CMH from YYZ tomorrow (July 1) at 3:49pm and depart again for Toronto as AC 8940 at 4:35, restoring another dot on the map and reopening a counter that’s been dark and quiet since COVID closed it early last year.

I kept waiting for this restart to be pushed back again but it does appear it’s really happening. Just one flight a day for now in a CR2 but it’s great to have our only daily international link back again and yet another sign things are headed in the right direction.

CMHSRQ

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:36 am

CMHMarc787 wrote:
OK - Riddle me this: Why would an airline fly into Terminal A, yet use baggage claim 6? That's an unnecessary schlep from one end of baggage claim to the other.

They wouldn't, I screwed up. Concourse C baggage 6. I flew Delta the first time in a long time last weekend and there is signage up. I usually fly SWA, hence the A. My fault. Sorry for any confusion.

AirportRival

Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:40 am

Looks like both American and Delta have removed their interactive route maps. They weren't always the most accurate but I like messing around on them.

AA has a page stating that they are working on a new one. I didn't see anything on Delta's website unless they are going to use their Discovery Map in it's place.

DeltaRules

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:03 am

CMHSRQ wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:

They wouldn't, I screwed up. Concourse C baggage 6. I flew Delta the first time in a long time last weekend and there is signage up. I usually fly SWA, hence the A. My fault. Sorry for any confusion.

C and the ticket counter location (between NK and the Charter desk) are now up on CMH's website.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:53 am

AA is up gauging 1 of 3 CMH-MIA flights to A-319 effective November 02, 2021. I believe this is the first AA mainline flight between the 2 city pairs since AA started the route years ago.

CMHtraveler

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:35 pm

miaami wrote:
AA is up gauging 1 of 3 CMH-MIA flights to A-319 effective November 02, 2021. I believe this is the first AA mainline flight between the 2 city pairs since AA started the route years ago.

Wow, another AA upgauge! Pre-pandemic the route was all E145 and we were hoping for the 175. Now it’s all 175 with 1 frequency going mainline.

I don’t know if this is a reaction to WN or just part of what seems to be a general AA trend at CMH, but either way great news. Now if we could only get LAX back…

CMHtraveler

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:46 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
CMHSRQ wrote:
CMHMarc787 wrote:

C and the ticket counter location (between NK and the Charter desk) are now up on CMH's website.

Im glad they’re updating the website - if I were AC I wouldn’t be pleased that it still says the AC station is temporarily closed and has YYZ “greyed out” on the destinations map.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:50 pm

CMHtraveler wrote:
miaami wrote:

Wow, another AA upgauge! Pre-pandemic the route was all E145 and we were hoping for the 175. Now it’s all 175 with 1 frequency going mainline.

I don’t know if this is a reaction to WN or just part of what seems to be a general AA trend at CMH, but either way great news. Now if we could only get LAX back…

I know WN has Saturday CMH-MIA service , but I think this is the first daily mainline flight since the America West Hub or even back when Eastern Air Lines flew the route.

atbPy

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:08 pm

miaami wrote:

This is great news. Every MIA flight I have been on has been completely packed. A few times they started offering vouchers due to overbooking.

flyCMH

Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:35 pm

atbPy wrote:
miaami wrote:

This is great news. Every MIA flight I have been on has been completely packed. A few times they started offering vouchers due to overbooking.

The ER4s on the route were often weight-restricted as well. Likewise, I was just happy to see all the CMH-MIA flights on E70/E75s. Really fantastic to see a mainline frequency added.

I think this has more to do with MIA being open-season for LCC/ULCCs and AA not taking it lying down. They uploaded a cavalcade of new routes this weekend further solidifying their dominance in the market; CMH happened to be a fortunate beneficiary.

The rest of the November schedule I don't think has been finalized. It shows an A319 to LGA and ORD back to 9 frequencies. Either way, AA has been really good to the local market and really hoping the continue to be successful in CMH.

CMHARJ

Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:59 am

flyCMH wrote:
atbPy wrote:
miaami wrote:

The ER4s on the route were often weight-restricted as well. Likewise, I was just happy to see all the CMH-MIA flights on E70/E75s. Really fantastic to see a mainline frequency added.

I think this has more to do with MIA being open-season for LCC/ULCCs and AA not taking it lying down. They uploaded a cavalcade of new routes this weekend further solidifying their dominance in the market; CMH happened to be a fortunate beneficiary.

The rest of the November schedule I don't think has been finalized. It shows an A319 to LGA and ORD back to 9 frequencies. Either way, AA has been really good to the local market and really hoping the continue to be successful in CMH.

Great news about the mainline service. Random question....What is AA inflight guidance in regards to meal service? How long time/distance wise does a flight need to be in order to receive meal service? Does the CMH-MIA qualify for meal service?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos