Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Devilfish wrote:

A. The CN3 may have other options but I doubt those would be better.

B. In a way, PR customers lucked out when El Kapitan overrode his managers and decided to keep the nonstop ULH routes...though not sure how much longer they could sustain those.

C. Sorry, my last trip back was in Feb '20 when we almost got pinned by the travel ban so I'm not aware of current restrictions. Pinas-based members may be able to provide you with more accurate information.


A. Who are what are CN3? I am sorry but I don't understand the phrase.

B. I am willing to pay a reasonable premium to fly economy non stop over 1-stop. I suspect those living in New York have moderate incomes as opposed to low incomes so a direct flight may not be as bad as you make it out to be. The issue I find, though, is that PR probably can't fill business class since that requires high incomes so its configuration may be the weak spot. If it was all economy it would do really well.

C. There is one prolific poster on youtube who constantly provides updates (see example below). By the way, the IATF, which makes the rules, which I am sure makes sense except for the implementation dates. They usually make them effective almost immediately and by not giving a minimum of even 24 hours notice. This means if you are on a long flight, there could be one policy when you took off and a totally different policy when you land. This also leads to confusion because airline web site etc. need time to update their information. In this respect, you should give credit to the US, which I believe gives at least 72 to 96 hours advance notice before a new policy is effective.

Other than that, I am highly impressed with The Philippine Government regarding its ability to keep on top of the matters and make policy. My only beef is that they don't give enough time for a new drastic policy to be effective. For instance, if the mandatory quarantine time increases materially, obviously, one would want a heads up since one may want to postpone his or her trip, as it doesn't make sense to spend a major portion of the vacation in quarantine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHH6f ... DChtlTdNpw
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:25 pm

Devilfish wrote:
The CN3 may have other options but I doubt those would be better.


If one of the CN3 is China Airlines, which actually isn't a Chinese airline but actually a Taiwanese airline, I can vouch that their economy class is good (not great but certainly not bad). Zero issues with flying them. However, as an FYI, Taiwan doesn't allow transit during these pandemic times so it is not an option for those looking for one-stop options.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:35 pm

Devilfish wrote:
Onward passengers do not have to get off the plane at the stop...:


I.
Was this the case when PR used to fly MNL-Vancouver-JFK when they even had (and probably will have, if needed) fifth-freedom flights from Vancouver to JFK? If so, perhaps a future alternative could be a one stop solution via Vancouver to cover the North America east coast (as indicated below)?

MNL - Vancouver - JFK; and MNL - Vancouver - Tortonto

II.
How long was the layover in Vancouver? If it was 2 hours, its probably best to let ongoing passengers (to next destination) off the aircraft to stretch their legs and use the toilet. Otherwise, being stuck on the ground confined in an aircraft for 2 hrs. is hell.
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:55 am

edealinfo wrote:
A. The CN3 may have other options but I doubt those would be better.

The Chinese airlines.

edealinfo wrote:
B. I am willing to pay a reasonable premium to fly economy non stop over 1-stop. I suspect those living in New York have moderate incomes as opposed to low incomes so a direct flight may not be as bad as you make it out to be. The issue I find, though, is that PR probably can't fill business class since that requires high incomes so its configuration may be the weak spot. If it was all economy it would do really well.

I'm not trying to make the JFK nonstop look bad...as you said, getting enough pax to fill the front section who could subsidize the rear cabins is the problem. Flying an all-Y A359 can make it worse as there is nothing at all to offset the cheaper seats - even if cargo is going gangbusters atm. Maybe if PR could pack the A359 as densely as 5J does their A339 :crowded: but then again, the former might not make it all the way necessitating the stop just the same. This is where the concept of "low cost for long haul doesn't work" came from. Something has to pay for that ultra-long flight and it will have to come out of passengers' pockets in the form of expensive tickets. (In fairness, 5J did a fine job with their A339's cabin..... https://simpleflying.com/cebu-pacific-a ... -interior/ )

edealinfo wrote:
Other than that, I am highly impressed with The Philippine Government regarding its ability to keep on top of the matters and make policy. My only beef is that they don't give enough time for a new drastic policy to be effective. For instance, if the mandatory quarantine time increases materially, obviously, one would want a heads up since one may want to postpone his or her trip, as it doesn't make sense to spend a major portion of the vacation in quarantine.

Far be it for me to be an apologist of local authorities -- anyone can have his beef but they're fighting an 'unknown' quantity which rapidly mutates so they're playing catch-up to keep pace and stay in the game -- with very little resources compared to more advanced countries.

I've never had an occasion to transit at YVR so couldn't say for sure. However, as PR was already planning of making HNL their TPAC jump-off point, the GCMap route network in #441 could work as well - with the added benefit of dividing the long segment into two near equal sectors. PR could even stop there on the way to CEB or CRK from IAH should traffic growth after the pandemic warrant. However, SEA would have to be nonstop to MNL if it ever materializes.


Going back to the airline operations' side of things...it appears 2P's Q400NG didn't take too kindly to the weather.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... rsion.html


While the fish onboard a Cessna U206 seem loathe to leave the beautiful waters of ENI..... :sun:

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... -nido.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:16 am

Bobby27ph wrote:

Weird that they rarely show up as an option flying USA to Manila via AMS
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:27 am

Devilfish wrote:
I've never had an occasion to transit at YVR so couldn't say for sure. However, as PR was already planning of making HNL their TPAC jump-off point, the GCMap route network in #441 could work as well - with the added benefit of dividing the long segment into two near equal sectors. PR could even stop there on the way to CEB or CRK from IAH should traffic growth after the pandemic warrant. However, SEA would have to be nonstop to MNL if it ever materializes.

l

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=mnl-hnl-jf ... =wls&DU=nm

See the link above. Using Honolulu instead of Vancouver would increase the distance to fly by 1000 miles, which is a lot. Besides, PR would NOT be able to sell tickets from HNL to YYZ/JFK anyway. It definitely can between YVR and JFK (fifth freedom) but I'm not sure of between YVR and YYZ.
Bottomline: YVR would be a better option as a stop off point.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:46 am

It is really not nice that PR is cancelling flights. PR 126 has been cancelled 3 times in the last month - Nov 10, Nov 24 and Dec 10 (and obviously teh return flight the following day would be cancelled as well).

https://mnlairport.ph/flights/cancellations

https://www.planemapper.com/flights/PR126

I assume the cancellations are because of the cap at Manila airport on incoming passengers (4,000 a day for international). Is there a reason to believe otherwise?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:22 am

edealinfo wrote:
Bobby27ph wrote:

Weird that they rarely show up as an option flying USA to Manila via AMS


Much faster to take a Transpac to the States compared to KL. KL still has to stop in BKK (TPE pre-rona) before heading to/from AMS.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:33 pm

Philippine747 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Bobby27ph wrote:

Weird that they rarely show up as an option flying USA to Manila via AMS


Much faster to take a Transpac to the States compared to KL. KL still has to stop in BKK (TPE pre-rona) before heading to/from AMS.


Aah, that makes sense. Thanks.

If KLM is via BKK it would be a two-stop option from the US besides being a longer route from the US to begin with.
 
Philippine747
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:11 am

Updating from Reply No. 447. PAL released their new timetable yesterday, 14 December. Some selected highlights include Mainline service to BCD/ILO, and postponements of some international service increases.

Domestic
MNL-BCD v.v. has 2x weekly flights opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service
MNL-ILO v.v. has 3x weekly flights opb Mainline until 31 December supplementing PALex service
CEB-MPH v.v. increases to 3x weekly from 4 January 2022
CEB-DVO v.v. now 7x weekly from 1 January 2022
CEB-TAC v.v. 4x weekly from 7 December

International
MNL-BNE v.v. regular service (that does not continue to AKL) postponed to 7 January 2022, 1x weekly
MNL-DPS v.v. resumption postponed to 1 February 2022, Manila departure (previously 1 January 2022)
MNL-HKG v.v. increases to 1x daily from 1 February 2022
MNL-ICN v.v. 3x weekly service resumes 1 January 2022
MNL-NGO v.v. 5th weekly flight postponed to 6 February 2022, operates 4x weekly in the meantime
MNL-RUH v.v. increase to 1x daily postponed to 1 January 2022, operates 4x weekly in the meantime
MNL-SIN v.v. 2x daily from 1 February 2022
CEB-NRT v.v. operates on 18 December and 8/22 January 2022, regular 2x weekly service resumption postponed to 3 February 2022
DXB-MNL v.v. stops in SFS (Th/Sa flights), CEB (Su flights), DVO (Tu flights) until 30 January 2022
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:33 am

edealinfo wrote:
See the link above. Using Honolulu instead of Vancouver would increase the distance to fly by 1000 miles, which is a lot.

PR will have to figure out if tanking more fuel on the longer leg is more economical as a result. Also, crew time and stationing may be affected.

edealinfo wrote:
Besides, PR would NOT be able to sell tickets from HNL to YYZ/JFK anyway. It definitely can between YVR and JFK (fifth freedom) but I'm not sure of between YVR and YYZ.

Cabotage does not apply on HNL-YYZ...it does to JFK. Ditto with YVR-YYZ.

edealinfo wrote:
Bottomline: YVR would be a better option as a stop off point.

Not necessarily...otherwise PR wouldn't have bothered drawing up plans to make HNL its Pacific hub.


From SkyscraperCity -- CRK T2's Baggage Claim area is much more polished now..... :goodvibes:

Image
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/cdn-cgi/ ... g.2497040/


Image
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/cdn-cgi/ ... g.2497040/

Photos posted by @Sisigboy


According to PTV4, the first domestic flight at CRK's Terminal 2 was just to test the systems in the new Arrival Hall...prior to full Domestic and International operations next year..... :thumbsup:

https://www.facebook.com/v2.7/plugins/p ... &width=500

Posted by: @snpklsdmbldr


Meanwhile, 5J unveiled its newly renovated APlus hangar.....

Image

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/12/1 ... ed-hangar/
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:17 am

Philippine747 wrote:

International
MNL-BNE v.v. regular service (that does not continue to AKL) postponed to 7 January 2022, 1x weekly
MNL-DPS v.v. resumption postponed to 1 February 2022, Manila departure (previously 1 January 2022)
MNL-HKG v.v. increases to 1x daily from 1 February 2022
MNL-ICN v.v. 3x weekly service resumes 1 January 2022
MNL-NGO v.v. 5th weekly flight postponed to 6 February 2022, operates 4x weekly in the meantime
MNL-RUH v.v. increase to 1x daily postponed to 1 January 2022, operates 4x weekly in the meantime
MNL-SIN v.v. 2x daily from 1 February 2022
CEB-NRT v.v. operates on 18 December and 8/22 January 2022, regular 2x weekly service resumption postponed to 3 February 2022
DXB-MNL v.v. stops in SFS (Th/Sa flights), CEB (Su flights), DVO (Tu flights) until 30 January 2022


What's puzzling to me is how capacity can be increased for international (even if delayed) with the existing cap of 4,000 passengers for Manila airport. Heck, PR continues to arbitrarily cancel international flights each day, presumably to fall within the cap; (and probably because diverting the flight to Cebu and other places [which don't have a cap), hasn't worked too well.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:18 am

Devilfish wrote:

1. Cabotage does not apply on HNL-YYZ...it does to JFK. Ditto with YVR-YYZ.

2.
edealinfo wrote:
Bottomline: YVR would be a better option as a stop off point.

Not necessarily...otherwise PR wouldn't have bothered drawing up plans to make HNL its Pacific hub.



1. Thanks for the info.

2. A hub? To where do they fly from Hawaii besides MNL?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:24 am

This Jennifer Teri (see link below) is a prolific poster on Philippine travel news. She has a pulse on all things happening. She is also generally interesting.
Bless her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qd02aeU8GA
 
edealinfo
Posts: 3014
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:40 am

According to Jennifer Terri, because the quarantine hotels in the national Capital Region (NCR) are getting full, this is putting pressure on the Government to reduce the quarantine time for fully vaccinated travelers who get a COVID negative test before they arrive. I agree with this. There is no reason for them to have 5 nights/6 days when just prior to Omicron it was a more reasonable 3 nights/4days.
 
Bobby27ph
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:37 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:00 am

AB330 wrote:

“previously they mentioned where to be converted to the larger A351 I imagine those plans are postponed indefinitely.



Kindly provide verifiable source...
 
AB330
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 pm

Bobby27ph wrote:
AB330 wrote:

“previously they mentioned where to be converted to the larger A351 I imagine those plans are postponed indefinitely.



Kindly provide verifiable source...




https://centreforaviation.com/news/phil ... ing-917258

This was back in 2019 they already expressed intrest for the A351. But due to COVID those plans are postponed towards the end of the decade.
 
RTWin10
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Cebu Mactan Airport is closed due to damage from Typhoon Rai (local name: Typhoon Odette). Here's a link to an alleged video from Terminal 2.

Video:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1471659083031846914

Story:
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1529003/m ... ium=direct
 
Akiestar
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:27 pm

edealinfo wrote:
According to Jennifer Terri, because the quarantine hotels in the national Capital Region (NCR) are getting full, this is putting pressure on the Government to reduce the quarantine time for fully vaccinated travelers who get a COVID negative test before they arrive. I agree with this. There is no reason for them to have 5 nights/6 days when just prior to Omicron it was a more reasonable 3 nights/4days.


The government has since reduced it to three nights, but only if you're coming from a green list country.

I'm actually flying back to MNL today from a yellow-list country and while I'm lucky to have booked my quarantine hotel before they reduced the quarantine period, this yo-yoing by the government has left a lot of Filipinos abroad exasperated. :headache:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:54 pm

edealinfo wrote:
2. A hub? To where do they fly from Hawaii besides MNL?

It might be related to this..... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1460541&start=50

LAXintl wrote:
To attract foreign direct investment, the Philippine Senate approved a bill that will allow full foreign ownership of public services, which includes airlines beyond the current 40% limit.

Wonder if it will bring in new money, or interest in taking a stake in a restructured PAL?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ph ... ar-AARPBRt

Should it come to pass, it's plausible a new owner could well look into expanding the carrier's LH international route network. Air Philippines may then consequently focus on domestic and nearby regional routes.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021 ... l-25-years

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2021/12 ... s-holidays


Meanwhile, is 5J delaying delivery of its second A339? From the A330neo P&D thread.....

audidudi wrote:
Latest movement for 15 December 2021:

MSN 2004 Cebu Pacific A339 F-WWKE/RP-C3902, ferried from TLS>CHR for storage:



RTWin10 wrote:
Cebu Mactan Airport is closed due to damage from Typhoon Rai (local name: Typhoon Odette).

Story:
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1529003/m ... ium=direct

Designers seem to have miscalculated the fury of local typhoons with Haiyan's destruction in the past still visible in those it touched. And speaking of CEB, 5J seemed quite prepared this time around..... :raincloud:

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/12/1 ... on-odette/

Although RAI must have spawned monster waves beloved by surfers in Siargao :alert:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Luckily, LIPAD and 5J had 'successfully' completed CRK T2's ORAT well before typhoon Odette's onslaught..... :relieved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzOWs-ZLY7Q

It was nice to have WOF&T among the participants and quite refreshing to hear Ana's candid comments on the service..... :shhh:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:40 pm

First relief flight into Siargao by Sunlight Air ATR72 showing the devastation on the island.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnQWUypoRsM

The airport terminal was severely damaged per the photos..... :camera:

Image

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... dette.html

Wonder if the newly built Siquijor Airport in #285 was as badly affected? IAO can take some design cues from the former for a replacement terminal when things return to normal. CEB and SUG were not spared either.... :headache:

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/


On a brighter note, PAL received approval of its recovery program from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court paving the way for an expected exit from the Chapter 11 process within this year..... :santahat:

https://www.philstar.com/business/2021/ ... t-approval

Might the above development lead to an eventual spin-off of a more robust long haul operation as envisioned upthread :?:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Flightglobal picked up the story too.....

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/u ... 05.article

However, the judge's comment in the Bloomberg article about how PR's case deserved to be an example of what a bankruptcy proceeding should be attests to the caliber of their BK lawyers and competence of their management, as well as raises hope for PAL's future yet. :optimist:


Going back to Odette, there's nothing in the media coverage about the typhoon's impact on the newly opened Bicol International Airport. Does it mean its facilities did not sustain major damage or is DOTr keeping a lid on the matter? :scratchchin:
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Guess this answers my question in #366 about Alphaland's ATR72-500.....

http://philippineairspace.blogspot.com/ ... first.html


So do they pay to occupy one side of the hangar? ..... :half:

Image
https://scontent.fcgy2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=61E4E5B1

Who gets to use the other bay :?: Btw, the bypass road being constructed on the isthmus' windward side looks to be ending short of the actual airport location :confused:

Image
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIA9LfxU0AAMrII.jpg


Following PR's recent spot of good luck...the double barrels of Odette and Omicron seem aimed squarely at the carrier's recovery track..... :eyepopping:

https://www.philstar.com/business/2021/ ... ron-odette
 
RoyalBrunei757
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:18 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 am

Always wonder how Cebu Pacific's 459-seats A330-900neo configuration looks like inside:
Image

Did a dummy booking and found this, currently mostly deployed on domestic route.

There are seven lavatories, seems like they adopted the Spaceflex galley found narrow body too. There are two additional toilets, right at the back with the other half is a galley.
 
A359bw
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:00 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:11 am

Does anyone know when the a350 (rp-c3504) has its last flight at PAL?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:53 am

Christmas update! Updating from reply #460, this is some selected highlights of PAL's timetable update from 23 December 2021. Main highlights are the continuation of LHR and YYZ service, as well as the temporary addition of domestic Mainline service to more stations.

International
MNL-DPS v.v. resumption pushed to 1 March 2022 (MNL dep)
MNL-BNE v.v. resumption now 7 Jan 2022 (MNL dep)
DXB-MNL v.v. stop in SFS/CEB/DVO continues throughout Jan 2022
MNL-FUK v.v. 5th weekly service from 3-24 Feb 2022
MNL-KUL v.v. 3x weekly from 6 Jan - 24 Feb 2022, returns to 2x weekly after that date
MNL-LHR v.v. regular weekly flights resume from 4 January 2022, 1x weekly
MNL-SIN v.v. temporarily 4x weekly, returns to 1x daily from 1 January 2022
MNL-SYD-MEL operating on 28 Dec
MNL-YYZ v.v. is scheduled to continue UFN, 2x weekly

Domestic
MNL-BCD v.v. 7x weekly opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service
MNL-BSO v.v. resumes 2 January, 2 special flights operating on 30 December
MNL-CGY v.v. to have flights opb Mainline beginning 1 January 2022, temporarily replacing some PALex operated services. 1 daily flight throughout January (PR1525/1526), changing to 7x weekly (PR1521/1522/1525/1526) until 28 February
MNL-DVO is currently operating 28x weekly, all opb Mainline. 32x weekly from 26 Dec
MNL-IAO v.v. resumes 21 February. CEB-IAO v.v. also resumes on that day.
MNL-ILO v.v. 1x daily flight opb Mainline scheduled from 1 January to 31 January. 3 weekly flights opb Mainline are currently supplementing PALex service.
MNL-PPS v.v. loses Mainline service from 31 December. PALex operates all flights after that date
MNL-RXS v.v. 1x daily from 1 March
MNL-TAG v.v. extra service on 2-3 January, complementing 2x daily flights
MNL-ZAM v.v. to have 5x weekly service opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service (PR1997/1998)
 
AB330
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:02 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:37 am

Philippine747 wrote:
Christmas update! Updating from reply #460, this is some selected highlights of PAL's timetable update from 23 December 2021. Main highlights are the continuation of LHR and YYZ service, as well as the temporary addition of domestic Mainline service to more stations.

International
MNL-DPS v.v. resumption pushed to 1 March 2022 (MNL dep)
MNL-BNE v.v. resumption now 7 Jan 2022 (MNL dep)
DXB-MNL v.v. stop in SFS/CEB/DVO continues throughout Jan 2022
MNL-FUK v.v. 5th weekly service from 3-24 Feb 2022
MNL-KUL v.v. 3x weekly from 6 Jan - 24 Feb 2022, returns to 2x weekly after that date
MNL-LHR v.v. regular weekly flights resume from 4 January 2022, 1x weekly
MNL-SIN v.v. temporarily 4x weekly, returns to 1x daily from 1 January 2022
MNL-SYD-MEL operating on 28 Dec
MNL-YYZ v.v. is scheduled to continue UFN, 2x weekly

Domestic
MNL-BCD v.v. 7x weekly opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service
MNL-BSO v.v. resumes 2 January, 2 special flights operating on 30 December
MNL-CGY v.v. to have flights opb Mainline beginning 1 January 2022, temporarily replacing some PALex operated services. 1 daily flight throughout January (PR1525/1526), changing to 7x weekly (PR1521/1522/1525/1526) until 28 February
MNL-DVO is currently operating 28x weekly, all opb Mainline. 32x weekly from 26 Dec
MNL-IAO v.v. resumes 21 February. CEB-IAO v.v. also resumes on that day.
MNL-ILO v.v. 1x daily flight opb Mainline scheduled from 1 January to 31 January. 3 weekly flights opb Mainline are currently supplementing PALex service.
MNL-PPS v.v. loses Mainline service from 31 December. PALex operates all flights after that date
MNL-RXS v.v. 1x daily from 1 March
MNL-TAG v.v. extra service on 2-3 January, complementing 2x daily flights
MNL-ZAM v.v. to have 5x weekly service opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service (PR1997/1998)


Makes sense with recovery of international travel currently restricted due to "capacity cap" the addition of Mainline domestic operations should increase aircraft utilization and reducing the strain on GAP out of MNL while also giving opportunities for PALEx to re-foucs on other domestic bases like CRK, CEB, DVO and ZAM.

Gonna be curious which routes will return next year?
 
Philippine747
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:00 pm

AB330 wrote:
Philippine747 wrote:
Christmas update! Updating from reply #460, this is some selected highlights of PAL's timetable update from 23 December 2021. Main highlights are the continuation of LHR and YYZ service, as well as the temporary addition of domestic Mainline service to more stations.

International
MNL-DPS v.v. resumption pushed to 1 March 2022 (MNL dep)
MNL-BNE v.v. resumption now 7 Jan 2022 (MNL dep)
DXB-MNL v.v. stop in SFS/CEB/DVO continues throughout Jan 2022
MNL-FUK v.v. 5th weekly service from 3-24 Feb 2022
MNL-KUL v.v. 3x weekly from 6 Jan - 24 Feb 2022, returns to 2x weekly after that date
MNL-LHR v.v. regular weekly flights resume from 4 January 2022, 1x weekly
MNL-SIN v.v. temporarily 4x weekly, returns to 1x daily from 1 January 2022
MNL-SYD-MEL operating on 28 Dec
MNL-YYZ v.v. is scheduled to continue UFN, 2x weekly

Domestic
MNL-BCD v.v. 7x weekly opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service
MNL-BSO v.v. resumes 2 January, 2 special flights operating on 30 December
MNL-CGY v.v. to have flights opb Mainline beginning 1 January 2022, temporarily replacing some PALex operated services. 1 daily flight throughout January (PR1525/1526), changing to 7x weekly (PR1521/1522/1525/1526) until 28 February
MNL-DVO is currently operating 28x weekly, all opb Mainline. 32x weekly from 26 Dec
MNL-IAO v.v. resumes 21 February. CEB-IAO v.v. also resumes on that day.
MNL-ILO v.v. 1x daily flight opb Mainline scheduled from 1 January to 31 January. 3 weekly flights opb Mainline are currently supplementing PALex service.
MNL-PPS v.v. loses Mainline service from 31 December. PALex operates all flights after that date
MNL-RXS v.v. 1x daily from 1 March
MNL-TAG v.v. extra service on 2-3 January, complementing 2x daily flights
MNL-ZAM v.v. to have 5x weekly service opb Mainline until 31 December, supplementing PALex service (PR1997/1998)


Makes sense with recovery of international travel currently restricted due to "capacity cap" the addition of Mainline domestic operations should increase aircraft utilization and reducing the strain on GAP out of MNL while also giving opportunities for PALEx to re-foucs on other domestic bases like CRK, CEB, DVO and ZAM.

Gonna be curious which routes will return next year?


Looks like it also is a good way to help keep the Mainline crews current before any planned service resumptions!

IMO, I think the Cebu hub will gradually return to pre-pandemic levels, domestically and internationally. On the other hand, I wonder if there are any plans to start resumption of the Mainland China network? I also wonder if the planned BKI/MDC/PER/SEA/DEL links will ever see the light of day too...
 
User avatar
SCFlyer
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:25 am

United Airlines continues to object against the proposed codeshare agreement between American Airlines and Philippine Airlines (PAL). While United does not object to the codeshare itself, it requests the Department of Transportation (DOT) to defer granting the codeshare approval until United can get the slots it seeks in Manila. At the heart of the issue is a nearly three-year-old complaint about what United believes is unfair treatment in Manila, while PAL benefits.


Poster note: I also note that UA is after a slot for a 2nd GUM-MNL service (although they could use the slot for MNL-USA mainland flights, however UA has not flagged any interest in serving MNL-SFO).

Is the Guam-MNL market that large that UA is that desperate for another slot out of MNL?

Story: https://simpleflying.com/united-american-pal-manila/
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 12461
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Philippine Aviation Thread - 2021

Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:54 pm

Please continue discussion in Philippine Aviation Thread - 2022

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1468485
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos