Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Shakinthefat

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2021

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Shakinthefat wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

Is more Canada service than was scheduled pre-pandemic (two carriers to YYZ, one to YYC and YUL) really a sensible expectation?

I’m not sure what WS and AC marketing departments analyze routes to and from BNA. Might be sensible in the future. Their analytics will tell them.
If the traffic is there, then yes it is a sensible expectation.
Canadians will definitely travel when lockdowns are lifted. One daily BNA flights to YYZ and YUL plus one weekend YYC and YVR flights would provide business and leisure travelers a nice option vs connection flights. Might be surprised by the demand. If WN flew to Canada I think they would take a look.
WN BNA- YYZ route makes more sense than some other cities previously listed.....TUL, ABQ, RIC, IND

Sorry, you've lost me. I believe the pre-pandemic transborder schedule for BNA was a daily WS 737 to YYC, 4x daily AC/WS to YYZ (mix of Embraers on AC, DH4 and 73G depending on day on WS), and 10 weekly AC Embraers to YUL. Am I misremembering?

Not sure, but I don’t remember 10 weekly AC flights to YUL. I’ll check with MNAA contact.

alexdelzotto

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:40 pm

Shakinthefat wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
Shakinthefat wrote:
I’m not sure what WS and AC marketing departments analyze routes to and from BNA. Might be sensible in the future. Their analytics will tell them.
If the traffic is there, then yes it is a sensible expectation.
Canadians will definitely travel when lockdowns are lifted. One daily BNA flights to YYZ and YUL plus one weekend YYC and YVR flights would provide business and leisure travelers a nice option vs connection flights. Might be surprised by the demand. If WN flew to Canada I think they would take a look.
WN BNA- YYZ route makes more sense than some other cities previously listed.....TUL, ABQ, RIC, IND

Sorry, you've lost me. I believe the pre-pandemic transborder schedule for BNA was a daily WS 737 to YYC, 4x daily AC/WS to YYZ (mix of Embraers on AC, DH4 and 73G depending on day on WS), and 10 weekly AC Embraers to YUL. Am I misremembering?

Not sure, but I don’t remember 10 weekly AC flights to YUL. I’ll check with MNAA contact.

It was planned daily service on board AC express E75 that was to begin June 2020.

Unfortunately Covid put an end to the start date.
There has been no mention whether the route be maintained.

Cubsrule

Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:27 pm

alexdelzotto wrote:
Shakinthefat wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

It was planned daily service on board AC express E75 that was to begin June 2020.

Unfortunately Covid put an end to the start date.
There has been no mention whether the route be maintained.

I went back and looked at the relevant OAG load and y’all are right - my memory was faulty. Daily E75. Still more than enough YUL service.

Runway765

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:35 am

Is there any word on what airlines would go out to the satellite? I would imagine the ULCC’s, but what about B6? And how many gates would each ULCC get?

gsg013

Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:27 pm

If anyone has the data can they post monthly passenger numbers for BNA comparing the past 5 months vs the prior 2 years monthly?

gsg013

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:09 pm

has anyone been on the BNA-EYW flight on Allegiant? I know it just launched I really hope it sticks around and hope the loads are doing well, I am planning on taking it in August! (2 hours non-stop to Key West you really can't beat that even if it is on Allegiant).

reednavy

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 pm

AA picks up TPA starting Nov 2nd at 2x daily. Not word on equipment yet, but I'd expect E175 like the seasonal to MCO.
https://onemileatatime.com/news/american-airlines-tampa-expansion/

reednavy

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Looks like Eagle service to TPA it is, 2x E175s operated by Republic.

Mboyle1988

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:26 pm

I cannot understand the following holes in WN’s network at BNA:

IND (it’s nearly a five hour drive!!)
CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

All of these seem like points WN would want to connect through BNA. IND in particular makes no sense to me. It’s not really drivable and is a major market.

Runway765

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:

CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

All of these seem like points WN would want to connect through BNA. IND in particular makes no sense to me. It’s not really drivable and is a major market.

I imagine most, if not all of those destinations will be added once WN can get the rest of the C gates after A is rebuilt.

It is frustrating WN’s full potential in BNA can’t fully be realized until AA moves out of C. MNAA really dropped the ball in not starting the expansion a year or two sooner.

southwest1675

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:

CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

I wonder if they could make BNA-MEM work if it was timed and priced right.

Cubsrule

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:46 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:

Some thoughts below:

IND (it’s nearly a five hour drive!!): Now that 65 has been widened fully in Kentucky and more fully in Indiana, the drive is easier than it's ever been. It's doable in four hours if you push it. And while IND and CVG both have dynamic economies, the relevant industries don't match that well with BNA.

CVG: Has potential but the challenge is - as DL found toward the end of its efforts - that it's really a market that needs frequency. Can it support 2 or 3 daily 737s? That's a lot of capacity but is the minimum needed to get folks out of their cars.

RIC: I think this is one of the most likely/sensible potential adds.

GSP: Failed once but I think the business case is likely stronger than the last time WN tried it. WN's hub at BNA has expanded, the local market is likely larger than last time around (I say likely because leakage to CLT makes measurement difficult), and it's got to have more O&D than GSP-ATL.

PBI: Challenging because Nashville really isn't an east coast of Florida town and PBI is WN's clear third fiddle in south Florida these days.

JAC: I see this as more of a medium- to long-term add if WN sticks around in JAC. Makes a lot of sense if they can make JAC stick as a station.

LIT: This is a market (along with JAN) that has challenges because of Nashville's increasing congestion, both on the roads and at the airport. It's a relatively easy five-hour drive when the bridge is open in Memphis; remember that the speed limit in virtually all of Arkansas is 75, which helps tremendously. If I'm a business traveler living in, say, Westhaven, I can be almost halfway to Little Rock in the car before my plane would be taking off from BNA. Flying might save only an hour or 90 minutes.

TUL: Likely a bit smaller than OKC but similar market dynamics. They've grown OKC from one weekly 73G pre-pandemic to two weekly 738/3M8 now; if OKC goes daily I'd look for them to give TUL a shot.

GRR: I would not be surprised to see them give this a shot on weekends to start with an eye toward daily service.

UALFAson

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:12 pm

The other challenge with these drivable cities (MEM, CVG, IND, maybe even LIT) is that if you fly them you are then beholden to the limited flight schedule for your return. So if your meeting ends at 3:00 but the next/only return flight doesn't leave until 7:00, you've just lost any time you might have saved flying versus driving.

And then there is the extra expense: a walk-up roundtrip fare on WN on some of these flights would still run $400 or more. Then, once you get to the airport, you'd have to either get an Uber/Lyft or a rental car to your final destination, which is even more expense. That totals significantly more than mileage reimbursement or even a one-day rental car and a tank of gas, which is not going to appeal to many businesses.

I would say of the cities you mentioned RIC is the most likely to potentially gain service.

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:

CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

I assume you mean JAN and not JAC, which is not yet served by WN.

In some of those markets, WN has grown relatively little or (like JAN) is re-entering the market. But some would make sense.

Runway765

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:30 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

Some thoughts below:

IND (it’s nearly a five hour drive!!): Now that 65 has been widened fully in Kentucky and more fully in Indiana, the drive is easier than it's ever been. It's doable in four hours if you push it. And while IND and CVG both have dynamic economies, the relevant industries don't match that well with BNA.

CVG: Has potential but the challenge is - as DL found toward the end of its efforts - that it's really a market that needs frequency. Can it support 2 or 3 daily 737s? That's a lot of capacity but is the minimum needed to get folks out of their cars.

RIC: I think this is one of the most likely/sensible potential adds.

GSP: Failed once but I think the business case is likely stronger than the last time WN tried it. WN's hub at BNA has expanded, the local market is likely larger than last time around (I say likely because leakage to CLT makes measurement difficult), and it's got to have more O&D than GSP-ATL.

PBI: Challenging because Nashville really isn't an east coast of Florida town and PBI is WN's clear third fiddle in south Florida these days.

JAC: I see this as more of a medium- to long-term add if WN sticks around in JAC. Makes a lot of sense if they can make JAC stick as a station.

LIT: This is a market (along with JAN) that has challenges because of Nashville's increasing congestion, both on the roads and at the airport. It's a relatively easy five-hour drive when the bridge is open in Memphis; remember that the speed limit in virtually all of Arkansas is 75, which helps tremendously. If I'm a business traveler living in, say, Westhaven, I can be almost halfway to Little Rock in the car before my plane would be taking off from BNA. Flying might save only an hour or 90 minutes.

TUL: Likely a bit smaller than OKC but similar market dynamics. They've grown OKC from one weekly 73G pre-pandemic to two weekly 738/3M8 now; if OKC goes daily I'd look for them to give TUL a shot.

GRR: I would not be surprised to see them give this a shot on weekends to start with an eye toward daily service.

IND, CVG and LIT would be about connections. I don’t see the latter two being added until WN takes the rest of C though.

Even with the widening efforts by Indiana, Kentucky and now Tennessee (they just posted a project on the website to widen I-65 from Goodlettsville to the state line), the drive from Indianapolis to Nashville is not super convenient and can have bottlenecks.

Delta28L

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:25 am

CVG and IND are easy driving distances down I-65

Mboyle1988

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 pm

Delta28L wrote:

We must have very different definitions of easy driving. From Franklin to Carmel is five hours and I-65 is absolute hell. Not to mention driving is extremely dangerous compared to flying.

Mboyle1988

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:31 pm

UALFAson wrote:
The other challenge with these drivable cities (MEM, CVG, IND, maybe even LIT) is that if you fly them you are then beholden to the limited flight schedule for your return. So if your meeting ends at 3:00 but the next/only return flight doesn't leave until 7:00, you've just lost any time you might have saved flying versus driving.

And then there is the extra expense: a walk-up roundtrip fare on WN on some of these flights would still run $400 or more. Then, once you get to the airport, you'd have to either get an Uber/Lyft or a rental car to your final destination, which is even more expense. That totals significantly more than mileage reimbursement or even a one-day rental car and a tank of gas, which is not going to appeal to many businesses.

I would say of the cities you mentioned RIC is the most likely to potentially gain service.

Yeah but you can’t work while driving. And seriously how many serious business travelers are actually willing to drive five hours? No one in my company will drive more than three at the absolute max.

Mboyle1988

Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:34 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

CVG
RIC
GSP
PBI
JAC
LIT
TUL
GRR

I wonder if they could make BNA-MEM work if it was timed and priced right.

I mean I guess it depends on if they really want BNA to be a major connecting hub. I would absolutely fly rather than drive to Memphis or Knoxville for that matter but I realize I have an extreme hatred for driving.

Cubsrule

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:19 am

Mboyle1988 wrote:
UALFAson wrote:

Yeah but you can’t work while driving. And seriously how many serious business travelers are actually willing to drive five hours? No one in my company will drive more than three at the absolute max.

I don’t know how you define “serious business travelers,” but for cities that don’t have much air service (AVL, LIT, MGM), I routinely drive 5 or 6 hours.

Nashville

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:32 am

Fly from Nashville to Knoxville, I guess if money is no object.
That is just over a 2 1/2 hour drive. Door to door it would take longer to fly.

Mboyle1988

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:48 am

Nashville wrote:
Fly from Nashville to Knoxville, I guess if money is no object.
That is just over a 2 1/2 hour drive. Door to door it would take longer to fly.

Yeah I would probably be the only one lol. It would be about the same time for me because I arrive to the airport 45 minutes before the flight. My biggest thing is driving is very dangerous especially at long distances.

Runway765

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:58 am

Unless BNA becomes a DEN sized station in the east for WN, which will not happen due to the close proximity of other large stations, I highly doubt there will ever be intrastate flights from MEM or TYS.

However, I do expect IND, LIT and maybe CVG to be added in time as WN flows more connections over BNA.

IADCA

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:02 am

Mboyle1988 wrote:
Delta28L wrote:

We must have very different definitions of easy driving. From Franklin to Carmel is five hours and I-65 is absolute hell. Not to mention driving is extremely dangerous compared to flying.

If you're actually going from Franklin to Carmel, maybe you have a point. But that's picking suburbs that are on the far sides of the city from one another. Downtown to downtown is more like 4:30, and if you pick suburbs on the south side of Indianapolis and north side of Nashville, you're under 4 hours.

And if you think 65 is hell...wow, maybe you need some time on interstates on either coast.

Mboyle1988 wrote:

I mean I guess it depends on if they really want BNA to be a major connecting hub. I would absolutely fly rather than drive to Memphis or Knoxville for that matter but I realize I have an extreme hatred for driving.

How are you planning to get to the airports on either end? From downtown on both ends, by the time you do that, you've spent 1/4 of the time it would take to drive. If you could convince WN to do that, you'd have pretty close to a private 737. I mean, sure there would be some connections, but there are a few reasons WN doesn't fly to TYS and one of them is that people in East Tennessee often drive to BNA to fly. I mean, TYS has what, one mainline flight per day from a network carrier?
Last edited by IADCA on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mboyle1988

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:11 am

IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:
Delta28L wrote:

If you're actually going from Franklin to Carmel, maybe you have a point. But that's picking suburbs that are on the far sides of the city from one another. Downtown to downtown is more like 4:30, and if you pick suburbs on the south side of Indianapolis and north side of Nashville, you're under 4 hours.

And if you think 65 is hell...wow, maybe you need some time on interstates on either coast.

I would take 95 over 65 ten out of ten times. 65 is chock full of trucks and traffic and construction. I chose Franklin and Carmel because both have large office concentrations albeit not as much as downtown. Regardless between people who don’t like long distance driving and connections IND seems like a huge hole.

IADCA

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:14 am

Mboyle1988 wrote:
IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

I would take 95 over 65 ten out of ten times. 65 is chock full of trucks and traffic and construction. I chose Franklin and Carmel because both have large office concentrations albeit not as much as downtown. Regardless between people who don’t like long distance driving and connections IND seems like a huge hole.

:rotfl: Ooooooookaaaaay.

So, that guy in the white coat over there... The problem with 95 isn't trucks, it's that it often takes an hour to go five miles.

Mboyle1988

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 am

IADCA wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:
IADCA wrote:

:rotfl: Ooooooookaaaaay.

So, that guy in the white coat over there... The problem with 95 isn't trucks, it's that it often takes an hour to go five miles.

I am from Boston and went to college in NC. My mom lived in south Florida. I have driven both the northern and the southern parts of 95 8 times each. I have never hit traffic on the southern part outside of Miami itself. On the northern half to be honest I usually had good luck too. GW bridge was always a question mark but I usually took TZ instead.

65 is probably the Highway I’ve driven second most and it is always overcrowded. If there’s an accident the whole highway shuts down.

Regardless like I said I don’t drive more than three hours now because it’s inefficient time wise and very dangerous.

Bluegrass60

Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:26 pm

"... inefficient time wise and very dangerous".....ok. How is this efficient use of time: Franklin to BNA and park 45 mins + BNA 45 mins + BNA-IND 45 mins + IND to Carmel 45 mins = 3+ hours and expense = $$$. That's presuming no traffic jams and flight is on time vs drive time @5 hours. During the drive you can be calling clients/colleagues and counting how much money you or your company saves. I doubt there is less truck traffic on 95 vs 65. Anyway, WN could choose to add BNA-IND only if it could attract enough connecting traffic. Highly doubtful as IND-MDW is like 1 flight/day and MDW is much bigger station (ie connections) than BNA.

bnabnabna

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:11 am

gsg013 wrote:
If anyone has the data can they post monthly passenger numbers for BNA comparing the past 5 months vs the prior 2 years monthly?

BNA includes the last 5 FY when they post Total Passenger data. Here is May 2021: https://flynashville.com/wp-content/upl ... engers.pdf

May 2021 saw 1,388,451, which is within 30k of May during FY 2018, and only down 16.5% over May 2019. BNA was also slammed last weekend, and downtown is packed more than ever. BNA and the city seem to be recovering nicely.

Wneast

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:15 am

Allegiant adds BNA-PSP neat route

TangoCharlie123

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:04 am

Wneast wrote:

Also adding Jacksonville and Melbourne. All starting November 18.

southwest1675

Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:41 pm

Wneast wrote:

I’ll definitely book that.

dronezone

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:49 pm

Wneast wrote:

Agreed....I will be flying this next year.

Runway765

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:22 pm

How have WN ops been holding up at BNA? Roughly how many flights are they doing a day and how many are being canceled?

southwest1675

Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 pm

Runway765 wrote:
How have WN ops been holding up at BNA? Roughly how many flights are they doing a day and how many are being canceled?

It’s a cluster. We’re pretty short staffed too. Not much else to say at this point. Employee morale is at an all time low it seems. I’m just waiting for our station manager to retire.

737MAX7

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:23 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:

It’s a cluster. We’re pretty short staffed too. Not much else to say at this point. Employee morale is at an all time low it seems. I’m just waiting for our station manager to retire.

^ this. It’s been an absolute dumpster fire. Gate changes, aircraft swaps, no flight crews, cancellations, 3 hour delays, mandatory overtime like crazy, call outs like crazy, short staffed, morale is non existent. And it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.

Runway765

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm

737MAX7 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:

^ this. It’s been an absolute dumpster fire. Gate changes, aircraft swaps, no flight crews, cancellations, 3 hour delays, mandatory overtime like crazy, call outs like crazy, short staffed, morale is non existent. And it’s only going to get worse before it gets better.

What on earth happened that caused this?

southwest1675

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:20 pm

Runway765 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Company added a busy summer schedule without adequate staffing. Then Dallas says the issues are because too many people have taken time off or are sick. I know they’re about 50-60 short on the ramp which is pretty significant. They’re hiring anyone at this point.

southwest1675

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:21 pm

Runway765 wrote:
737MAX7 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Company added a busy summer schedule without adequate staffing. Then Dallas says the issues are because too many people have taken time off or are sick. I know they’re about 50-60 short on the ramp which is pretty significant. They’re hiring anyone at this point.

Shakinthefat

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:39 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Runway765 wrote:

I know of another airline BNA station manager that move on to another career.

TangoCharlie123

Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:36 pm

I gotta say, after picking someone up from the airport yesterday afternoon, I think it was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Cars were backed up all the way onto I-40 trying to get in.

dafunk10

Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:43 pm

TangoCharlie123 wrote:
I gotta say, after picking someone up from the airport yesterday afternoon, I think it was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Cars were backed up all the way onto I-40 trying to get in.

My ride picking me up on Thursday experienced the same thing.

Can anyone remember whether BNA vision includes an expansion or reworking of the arrivals pickup area? I was thinking while waiting that that area can’t handle much more people traffic.

runner13

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:36 pm

Yes the BNA vision is going to totally rework the internal roads at BNA. However Donelson pike has to be moved first which is currently in the beginning stages. You can see all the underground stuff currently being moved right next to rwy 2R.

Cubsrule

Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:52 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
TangoCharlie123 wrote:

My ride picking me up on Thursday experienced the same thing.

Can anyone remember whether BNA vision includes an expansion or reworking of the arrivals pickup area? I was thinking while waiting that that area can’t handle much more people traffic.

I’m not sure the curbs will be too bad with three fully open curbs (something we won’t have for a few years). In my view the far more acute pickup problem is insufficient capacity in the cell phone lots. The last couple of times I’ve picked someone up, I’ve just circled, which of course adds to congestion at the curbs.

southwest1675

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Anyone remember the 10 minute waiting area in the arrivals area? Good times.

Shakinthefat

Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:12 pm

For many years especially during peak travel times I’ve had friends pick up and drop off behind concourse D. They turn onto the Airport Service road off Donelson drive down and around concourse D where it meets Terminal Drive. Little bit of a walk for passenger but it works. It’s our little secret!

Mboyle1988

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:32 am

Bluegrass60 wrote:
"... inefficient time wise and very dangerous".....ok. How is this efficient use of time: Franklin to BNA and park 45 mins + BNA 45 mins + BNA-IND 45 mins + IND to Carmel 45 mins = 3+ hours and expense = $$$. That's presuming no traffic jams and flight is on time vs drive time @5 hours. During the drive you can be calling clients/colleagues and counting how much money you or your company saves. I doubt there is less truck traffic on 95 vs 65. Anyway, WN could choose to add BNA-IND only if it could attract enough connecting traffic. Highly doubtful as IND-MDW is like 1 flight/day and MDW is much bigger station (ie connections) than BNA.

Carmel is 327 miles from my house. Assuming 50 cents per mile reimbursement which is pretty standard, you’re looking at $327 round trip which is similar to the likely cost of a ticket.

Chicago is much closer to Indianapolis than Nashville and also has lots of competing flights.

You can’t email or work on a laptop in a car. Moreover, you’re at least a thousand times more likely to die driving than flying, which should be a substantial consideration. Driving is incredibly dangerous relative to most activities people do regularly. Of course I drive because I have to, but I aim to drive 500 miles or less monthly to reduce the risk.

Bluegrass60

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:48 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

Carmel is 327 miles from my house. Assuming 50 cents per mile reimbursement which is pretty standard, you’re looking at $327 round trip which is similar to the likely cost of a ticket.

Chicago is much closer to Indianapolis than Nashville and also has lots of competing flights.

You can’t email or work on a laptop in a car. Moreover, you’re at least a thousand times more likely to die driving than flying, which should be a substantial consideration. Driving is incredibly dangerous relative to most activities people do regularly. Of course I drive because I have to, but I aim to drive 500 miles or less monthly to reduce the risk.

"Chicago is much closer...(@100 miles closer) ...there is also far more business travelers IND-CHI than BNA-IND. Like I said, BNA-IND could happen but it would only work if you could get enough connecting pax...

Cubsrule

Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:15 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

"Chicago is much closer...(@100 miles closer) ...there is also far more business travelers IND-CHI than BNA-IND. Like I said, BNA-IND could happen but it would only work if you could get enough connecting pax...

The drive time difference between IND-CHI and IND-BNA is less than the difference in mileage would suggest because the drive to Chicago involves at a minimum the northwest Indiana mess and also for many passengers getting through or around downtown. The difference is market size because Chicago is so much larger and has more geographic ties. I’d guess that the IND-CHI local market (most of which drives) is on the order of ten times larger than the IND-BNA local market.

TangoCharlie123

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:38 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

It’s also worth noting that Chicago has significantly more connecting traffic than BNA ever will. Comparing the two cities isn’t exactly an apples to apples comparison.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos